Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty Re: A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel

Post  Chris Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

The unsuspecting Mandalorian is tagged by T'son!

Dead-Daxx is up, he hears a blaster shot from T'son's direction whizz overhead.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty Re: A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:17 pm

move and attack (just put me next to him on whatever adjacent space)

one swing:

Roll(1d20)+15:
    17,+15
    Total:32

Uh, I think I hit him. lol

Damage:

Roll(3d8)+1:
    7,3,8,+1
    Total:19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Daxx cannot move anywhere near the Mando, who is up on top of the canyon

Chris wrote:

The Mandalorian continues to fire just his right jet and slowly spin in the air for another moment, surveying the scene below him.  The party can hear muffled groans and cries coming from the tent as the Duros struggles against his binders and kicks about.

The Mandalorian notices this and lands at 1006, which provides him partial cover vs the ground below him at the tent.  He is watching the tent, covering it with his rifle, as he reaches for something on his utility belt........

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Fork_i19
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 pm

I thought you said he landed at the tent? Dammit, well, nevermind then. Guess I ain't doin' shit
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

...on second thought, Daxx will hold his action to see what happens next.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:56 pm

ok, Daxx holding

Chris wrote:Initiative:

T'son 20
    Daxx 19
    Sharn 18
    Mando 11
    Rakhu 8

Surprise Round !

Sharn is up, this is still the surprise round
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:22 pm

I thought he was on the canyon floor as well - I see now that 1006 is on the rim. Likely wouldnt have shot yet, but that is my mistake...can't unpull a trigger!

We are still in good position, as he is right next to a charge - hopefully we can knock him down to you Dax!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Or, if I feel like using my last force point, I could probably just use Burst of Speed to jump up there. The problem is that Burst of Speed takes a full round to use ...I'd love to use an argument about BoS vs. Haste here but I'll hold off for the sake of another pointless argument with Chris Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:11 pm

How high is the canyon rim?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey guys - Yahoo mail is doing a major reconfigure and I cant get into my email, so please pardon me if I am not responding to anything youve sent.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Matt, might I suggest gmail.

I had to dump my hotmail account after a while for similar annoyances. Gmail seems to work much better IMO.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I have a gmail account also, but its primarily for school, buisness, etc.

Ive been thinking about making a full jump to gmail, but its been my email of record for many years, so Ill have to change allot of account information when I do it. Just being lazy I guess!!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 pm

navyik wrote:How high is the canyon rim?

Chris wrote:
    The raised rock are the canyon walls or big boulders, let's say they are 15m in height on average.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:10 pm

MAS wrote:I have a gmail account also, but its primarily for school, buisness, etc.

Ive been thinking about making a full jump to gmail, but its been my email of record for many years, so Ill have to change allot of account information when I do it. Just being lazy I guess!!

You? Lazy? Naw... Wink
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Sharn will hold action until Mando is on the canyon floor.

Looks like he's next to one of the charges if Rakhu feels so inclined.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:44 pm

we jumped the gun... hes too far away to stun, rakhu laments switching to lethal dmg. (Free action). Heroic surge to gain full attack. Force point: 2d6=2+3=5.

Firing:
    19+5+7=31
    15+5+7=27
    16+5+7=28

Damages to follow

533=11
    872=17
    161=8

i should've used the rotary...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

navyik wrote:we jumped the gun... hes too far away to stun, rakhu laments switching to lethal dmg.  (Free action).  Heroic surge to gain full attack.  Force point: 2d6=2+3=5.

Firing:
    19+5+7=31
    15+5+7=27
    16+5+7=28

Damages to follow

533=11
    872=17
    161=8

i should've used the rotary...

Before the Mando even knows what is happening, he is rocked by 3 more shots.  He twitches liked bacon frying in a pan and drops.  His body rests at 1006, on top of the canyon.

A tumbleweed blows lazily through the canyon

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Tumble10

actions, just continue in initiative order for convenience

Chris wrote:Initiative:

T'son 20
    Daxx 19
    Sharn 18
    Mando XX
    Rakhu 8

sorry for the delays, end of the semester for TKD this week, very busy at work, yadda yadda
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 am

"Some-one get up there and see if we can revive him!"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 pm

On it... Daxx will use Burst of Speed to jump up to where the mando fell.

Full round action, uses 10 vitality. 48/66.

Not sure what I should roll, my computer just got messed with and I don't have my hard drive with me today, sorry.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 pm

whit10 wrote:On it...  Daxx will use Burst of Speed to jump up to where the mando fell.

Full round action, uses 10 vitality.  48/66.

Not sure what I should roll, my computer just got messed with and I don't have my hard drive with me today, sorry.

I need to check the Feat description in the SW book, I am not sure if it actually gives any modifiers to an Acrobatics check. a vertical jump is x4 the distance jumped in feet, so 15m\45ft would be a jump DC 180.

I think Burst of Speed is usually a horizontal movement ability, but I may be forgetting something.

I think what you want is Move Object. DC for yourself is low and you can move yourself (in any direction) 4m x Force User level (*6) = 24m
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Actually, Burst of Speed multiplies my jump distance by 5 for the same duration (1 round).

But, since it is far better to use Move Object instead anyway...

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    19,+8
    Total:27

Shit-fire! it worked!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 pm

whit10 wrote:Actually, Burst of Speed multiplies my jump distance by 5 for the same duration (1 round).

But, since it is far better to use Move Object instead anyway...

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    19,+8
    Total:27

Shit-fire!  it worked!

yup, that was why i wanted to double check the book, but even with x5 to jump distance you would need an acrobatics check of 36 x5 = DC 180 to jump up there.

much easier to use the right tool for the job

Daxx uses the Force and jumps nearly 3 stories up to the top of the canyon walls.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:50 pm

lightsaber out and ignited... just in case he's playin' possum too
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:20 pm

whit10 wrote:lightsaber out and ignited... just in case he's playin' possum too

Daxx examines the body in his orange X-wing pilot costume.....

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Possum12
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Sharn casts Move Object on himself to get to the top of the cliff.
    12+9=21
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:44 pm

lol...wut?!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn casts Move Object on himself to get to the top of the cliff.
    12+9=21

"up, up and Awwaaarrrraaagghhh!"

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Wookie12

Sharn joins Daxx on the canyon rim
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:47 pm

whit10 wrote:lol...wut?!

whit10 wrote:just in case he's playin' possum too

clown  I thought it was funny..... nevermind then
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you... just don't know what that picture is supposed to be of?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:54 pm

whit10 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you... just don't know what that picture is supposed to be of?

nevermind, a joke loses all humor if it has to be explained, moving on.....
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm

or maybe not... "shit. My bad! He sure went down easy... i knew he was small time but DAMN!  afro 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm

"T'son, Perimeter!" Rakhu moves to the tent to check on the prisoner. "You okay? I'll cut you loose in a minute. We got him."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you... just don't know what that picture is supposed to be of?

nevermind, a joke loses all humor if it has to be explained, moving on.....

Chris tucker looks down at deebow and says "you got knocked the f#%k out!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:08 pm

updated map

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Fork_i20

Perception checks from everyone please.... playtime's over  Twisted Evil
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 pm

19+9=28
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 pm

navyik wrote:or maybe not...  "shit.  My bad!  He sure went down easy... i knew he was small time but DAMN!   afro 

glass cannon  affraid 

Mama said, "knock you out!"

Sharn perception:
    7+19=26
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Tson perception -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

8 + 11 = 19

Tson is actively scanning the perimeter.

and, oh, GM -

BRING IT.  Cool 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Matt, don't provoke the GM!!!!! That leads to bad things  Evil or Very Mad 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Dont be scared Josh, we'll protect you  Laughing 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 pm

whit10 wrote:Matt, don't provoke the GM!!!!!   That leads to bad things  Evil or Very Mad 

waiting on your perception check.... unless you are too SSSKKKAAAIIIRRRDDD  Suspect 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am

oh, perception...

Perc.:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    13,+3
    Total:16

my bad.

Matt, I could make you think you were a pink fairy and having you sing the song from Jedi, ... you haven't seen even close to Daxx's full abilities yet.  Twisted Evil 

...bring it.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 am

geez, nice rolls everyone!

T'son is scanning perimeter.... Daxx and Sharn are watching the body.... Rakhu is talking to the Duros in the tent (1 round of time).... when suddenly you all hear the loud hum of twin repulsor engines (which means no one is surprised) to the East and right above you!

Everyone looks up in time to see a mirage-like distortion field just before it reveals a decloaking Mandalorian Gunship hovering about 20m over the rim of the canyon.  

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Fork_i21

The side hatch is already open and the party can see a group of Mandalorians in the ship aiming their weapons down at the party

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Mandal29

Since they don't get a surprise round, they will take a moment for dialogue (you'll get a chance too)

One of the Mandalorians on the side says, "Tarro, they shot poor... uh.... what was his name?  I don't even remember now, har har"

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Red_ma12

Tarro replies, "Ned, wasn't it?  No matter.  The lesson here, men,  is not to reveal yourselves when you have a good ambush set up. They got cocky and thought they could kill me so easily.  Never underestimate your prey.  This will be a good warm-up for the Great Hunt.  Now it's time to collect our bounties from Darth Helix."

New initiative rolls and you can all make a brief speech if you want.  Daxx is now -5 rounds on EA and -4 rds on BM.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:20 am

Stunned by his own foolishness, init 1+5=6, rakhu recites a fragment of an old rodian hunters proverb in rodiese, "in my rashness i have become food for my prey."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 am

Sharn Initiative:
    0+6=6

"Grungarr vanganor mushroo arrgghhh!"
    {I will eat your livers for breakfast!}
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 am

... knew it.  Way too easy

A cloaking device? Really? Whatever happened to "that ship's too small.." etc?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:57 am

whoops, sorry.

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    14,+6
    Total:20
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 pm

whit10 wrote:
    A cloaking device?  Really?  Whatever happened to "that ship's too small.." etc?

A Darkness at the End of the Tunnel - Page 3 Mandal30

Initiative Order (awaiting T'son)

Daxx 20
    Tarro 18
    Mandos 13
    Rakhu 6
    Sharn 6
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:39 pm

I see... when you can't beat 'em, cheat. Nicely done

anyway, I see turbines driving this ship. What would it entail to activate a thermal detonator and throw it at one of the jet intakes on their ship?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm

whit10 wrote:I see... when you can't beat 'em, cheat.  Nicely done

anyway, I see turbines driving this ship.  What would it entail to activate a thermal detonator and throw it at one of the jet intakes on their ship?

it's not cheating, the Mando's just have WAY better Tech than the Empire Wink

Everything is repulsor-powered, but I guess they could be repulsor turbines??

calculate your distance for a thrown grenade, canyon walls are 15m, ship is another 20m up, plus horizontal distance. or use the Force....

you really want to blow up the ship instead of capture it for the party? ok, your call
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm

last I checked, nobody really cared about having a ship. Besides, these assholes wanna play rough, fine by me... let's get rough!

I have no idea how to calc the distance from here... just use Move Object on it after I activate it. It looks to be within my range (level of force user x4 in meters) every space is 2 meters right?

Move Object:

Roll(1d20)+8:
    15,+8
    Total:23

Only costs 1 vitality. Daxx Vitality: uh... lemme get back to you (he didn't use Burst of Speed, just move object to get up on the canyon wall. Sorry but I screwed up on that, I'll get it fixed shortly)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm