Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The Prestige

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

    whit10 wrote:
    Ok, move back to the ghost and swing the saber:

    Daxx runs back outside the temple and attacks the ghost of Marcus Ragnar. The black-lightsaber feels like it connects with a solid object when Daxx swings, it is as if the crystal inside the saber somehow atunes the lightsaber blade to an ethereal frequency. (treat the lightsaber as 'ghost-touch' and +2 to hit and damage)

    The ghost evaporates like a puff of smoke.

    Inside the temple, T'son and Rakhu see the ghost reform at its corpse. The ghost reveals it Frightful Presence (free) to T'son. Rakhu is still scared from before, so he just needs to roll for possession at -2

    WIll DC 22 or shaken, -2 to all saves

    and will fly at them with a lightning field crackling all around it in an attempt to possess either T'son or Rakhu

    DC 7 to resist possession

    after which it may be Rakhu's turn if he is not possessed, followed possibly by T'son if he maintains his will
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm

    vs Frightful presence =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    1 + 8 = 9


    vs Possesion =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    3 + 7 = 10
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:46 pm

    MAS wrote:vs Frightful presence =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" : scratch 

     scratch 1 + 8 = 9


    vs Possesion =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    3 + 7 = 10

     
    anyways.... T'son is shaken by the terrifying ghost flying towards him.

    so the possession save would be 3 + 5 = 8.... ooh, so close to failure !  

    Rakhu needs saves and possibly his action
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 pm

    you got any Force points left for a re-roll Matt?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:28 pm

    I beat it by 1. Not needed.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 pm

    If i burn a force pt. For save do i get it on action too?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 am

    navyik wrote:If i burn a force pt. For save do i get it on action too?

    Yes, if you use the Force point as written for extra dice (not the PF Hero pt options) the bonus lasts for 1 full round on all d20 rolls - attacks, skills, saves, etc
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:24 pm

    Will 12+1=13

    Is there anything else connected to the corpse? (Mummy?) Gadgets etc.?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 pm

    "Frak it," rakhu Moves adjacent to the ghosts remains, kicks it over and begins to stomp on any part that isn't armored.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

    navyik wrote:"Frak it,"  rakhu Moves adjacent to the ghosts remains, kicks it over and begins to stomp on any part that isn't armored.

    ROFL  affraid that won't make him mad or anything

    Rakhu moves next to the corpse, kicks it over and begins stomping on it's head, as the rest is mostly armored.

    T'son is up
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:36 pm

    LOL... I love it, stomp that mutha Rakhu!
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 pm

    Ok - the mummfied corpse is suspended in the energy beam correct? Or was, untill Rahku kicked it over.

    Is it no longer suspended or connected to the beam then? Has this effected any change in the enivronment, or the ghost?


    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:02 am

    MAS wrote:Ok - the mummfied corpse is suspended in the energy beam correct? Or was, untill Rahku kicked it over.

    Is it no longer suspended or connected to the beam then? Has this effected any change in the enivronment, or the ghost?

    Yes, Yes, no, yes, no, no.... maybe, the ghost looks really mad at Rakhu for defiling his mortal remains

    it is still connected to the ghost
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

    Looking for source of energy beam.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 am

    navyik wrote:Looking for source of energy beam.

    the chicken or the egg?

    either the ghost is source or the corpse
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:40 pm

    Coup de grace vs mummfied corpse with blaster rifle shot to the head.

    And dont get cheeky and say that Im too far away....you decided to wing the mapping in here Wink

    If need-be I will burn a FP to get a move action IOT become adjacent.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:58 pm

    MAS wrote:
    And dont get cheeky and say that Im too far away....you decided to wing the mapping in here Wink



    that you would even suggest such GM shenanigans!  

    Go ahead and roll damage
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:14 pm

    I knew it... Chris is a Bronie
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

    Daxx is outside with Thana, Sharn and Irwin

    inside this room



    are Rakhu, T'son, the stomped-on corpse and the ghost as follow




    the positioning is such because both Rakhu and T'son were originally closer to the exit\entrance of the temple when the ghost reappeared inside, they moved past the ghost for their defiling of his corpse

    awaiting the damage and results of T'sons coup de boop, then Sharn is up


    Chris wrote:
    Initiative order

    *
    dead Nikto Seer 15
    Daxx 14
    dead Trando 14
    Ghost of Marcus Ragnar 14
    *Rakhu new (moved down from held action)
    T'son 11
    Nikto masses 10
    Sharn 5
    Thana 3

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

    whit10 wrote:I knew it... Chris is a Bronie

    so are both my sons.... and proud of it!

    can I get a Bro-hoof?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm

    No... dude, that shit is seriously creepy IMO.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47 pm

    whit10 wrote:No... dude, that shit is seriously creepy IMO.

    creepy?? Friendship is magic!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:53 pm

    Grown-ass men watching a show targeted at little girls. Whatever floats yer boat man, but I think it's bloody creepy
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm

    Result of the throw of dice "3d8" :

    5 + 6 + 7 = 18


    Straight to the wounds.

    If he is still alive, fort save vs 28 or DIE.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:06 pm

    MAS wrote:Result of the throw of dice "3d8" :
    5 + 6 + 7 = 18
    Straight to the wounds.
    If he is still alive, fort save vs 28 or DIE.


    The corpse wasn't alive to begin with, it is a dead body.... thus the ghost floating about.

    T'son's blaster bolt scorches the skull and tarnishes his crown.  The Ghost of the long-dead Sith King Marcus Ragnar laughs mockingly at Rakhu and T'sons feeble attempts to harm him, "Good.... gooood, I can feel your frustration, your anger.... it nurishes me"

    The Nikto masses continue their somber march towards the temple. The first of them will enter the temple proper next turn.

    Sharn, outside with Thana and Daxx, is up.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:32 pm

    Well...I guess the body isnt a phylactory.

    Plan B?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:43 pm

    Just wait till Daxx hits this dumb ghost a few times with the 'special' lightsaber. Then we can see about a plan B
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:35 pm

    Ponies forever!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:22 am

    Sharn runs inside the temple (with Thana?) and Irwin is still flying and shooting footage.

    Sharn will get within range and use Force lightning on the ghost:
    3+2+8=13

    Current Health:
    Vit: 3/48
    Wnd: 2/10
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn runs inside the temple (with Thana?) and Irwin is still flying and shooting footage.

    Sharn will get within range and use Force lightning on the ghost:
    3+2+8=13

    Current Health:
    Vit: 3/48
    Wnd: 2/10

    The Ghost writhes in agony, though he also seems to enjoy the pain.

    Thana recalls what happened when Daxx struck the ghost and tells him, since they are both still outside, "Use the saber to sever the ghost's connection to its body.  The body must be somewhere inside the temple."

    Thana then follows Sharn inside.  Irwin follows his boss, camera rolling.




    TOP 'O THE ROUND!



    Chris wrote:
    Initiative order

    *
    dead Nikto Seer 15
    Daxx 14
    dead Trando 14
    Ghost of Marcus Ragnar 14
    *Rakhu new (moved down from held action)
    T'son 11
    Nikto masses 10
    Sharn 5
    Thana 3


    Daxx is up
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 pm

    move into the temple again, see the corpse (I think he saw it earlier)and take a mighty swing

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    18,+11
    Total:29

    dammit, missed a crit threat again.

    I assume that hits?

    Roll(3d8)+1:
    4,8,7,+1
    Total:20
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:27 pm

    ...or am I too far away?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:31 pm

    whit10 wrote:...or am I too far away?

    yeah, if you look at the map, those little rectangles are like 1/2 hex, which is why I made the PC icons big enough to cover 2. the map just stretched weird when I dropped it into PP and adjusted the size. Sharn moved and attacked, so his position is as far as you can go on a single move. A double move would get you to the corpse, where Rakhu and T'son are standing. I know it is a little off, since we weren't using the map, but Matt was right, it was needed.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:35 pm

    Chris wrote:

    Thana recalls what happened when Daxx struck the ghost and tells him, since they are both still outside, "Use the saber to sever the ghost's connection to its body.  The body must be somewhere inside the temple."

    Daxx is up

    What exactly is Dax taking a mighty swing at?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:41 pm

    ...uh, the corpse
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:43 pm

    Wait, fuck all that noise.

    Move Object on myself to close the distance and strike? is that permitted?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:03 pm

    whit10 wrote:Wait, fuck all that noise.

    Move Object on myself to close the distance and strike?  is that permitted?

    if you have the vitality for it, that would work, MO can float you 24m or 12 hexes. A normal move is 5 hexes or 10m.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:18 pm

    If I'm reading this right, it will cost me 4 vitality to move that far and I need a DC 20 Check...

    Move Object:

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    12,+8
    Total:20

    whew, that's close.

    and then the attack that I already posted (unless you want me to roll again)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:

    Thana recalls what happened when Daxx struck the ghost and tells him, since they are both still outside, "Use the saber to sever the ghost's connection to its body.  The body must be somewhere inside the temple."

    Daxx is up

    What exactly is Dax taking a mighty swing at?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:12 pm

    oh, nice catch... I meant to say Daxx will swing at the ghost... I guess.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:33 pm

    whit10 wrote:oh, nice catch... I meant to say Daxx will swing at the ghost... I guess.  

    make uppa you mind, eh!

    Do Daxx and T'son need a private moment to discuss your strategy?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:37 pm

    I think she meant the corpse but I just want to try to end this fight... swing at the ghost (if you're wrong Matt, I'm done taking your advice, lol)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 pm

    whit10 wrote:I think she meant the corpse but I just want to try to end this fight... swing at the ghost (if you're wrong Matt, I'm done taking your advice, lol)

    ok, same result as last time

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:
    Ok, move back to the ghost and swing the saber:

    Daxx runs back outside the temple and attacks the ghost of Marcus Ragnar.  The black-lightsaber feels like it connects with a solid object when Daxx swings, it is as if the crystal inside the saber somehow atunes the lightsaber blade to an ethereal frequency.  (treat the lightsaber as 'ghost-touch' and +2 to hit and damage)

    The ghost evaporates like a puff of smoke.

    Inside the temple, T'son and Rakhu see the ghost reform at its corpse.  The ghost reveals it Frightful Presence (free) to T'son.  Rakhu is still scared from before, so he just needs to roll for possession at -2

    WIll DC 22 or shaken, -2 to all saves

    and will fly at them with a lightning field crackling all around it in an attempt to possess either T'son or Rakhu

    DC 7 to resist possession

    after which it may be Rakhu's turn if he is not possessed, followed possibly by T'son if he maintains his will

    Daxx feels like he hits the ghost, it evaporates in a puff and reforms at its body.  The ghost uses its Frightful Presence Will DC 22 on everyone, it's been 2 rounds, so he needs to reapply to all.

    Then Mass Possession on all DC 7
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 pm

    Goddammit Matt, don't interfere anymore. lol

    Will Save:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25

    WTF is the save for the possession... will save?

    If so,

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    7,+6
    Total:13
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

    I know re-reading the forum is hard, let me re-post some relevant messages:

    Chris wrote:  The corpse inside the crystal is clearly the hub of the entire dark-side force network.  

    Chris wrote:
    The grenade lands at the foot of the statue.  Shards of crystal explode and fly throughout the temple interior.

    The body of Marcus Ragnar remains floating in the same position.  The Force conduit is now clearly visible (without See Force) connecting the corpse to the Ghost outside.

    Chris wrote:
    This needs to be Daxx's decision, I am not trying to influence you either way.  Let me just make sure everything gets stated in 1 place, so you can think about your action carefully.

    T'son was the first person inside the temple, no one knew there was a corpse in a crystal inside, presumably including Thana.  T'son just broke the crystal that was surrounding the corpse.  Daxx can now see a clear Force energy conduit emanating from the corpse to the ghost.

    Does that help?  Feel free to ask for further clarification

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Ok - the mummfied corpse is suspended in the energy beam correct? Or was, untill Rahku kicked it over.

    Is it no longer suspended or connected to the beam then? Has this effected any change in the enivronment, or the ghost?

    it is still connected to the ghost

    Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Looking for source of energy beam.

    the chicken or the egg?

    either the ghost is source or the corpse

    Chris wrote:
    Thana recalls what happened when Daxx struck the ghost and tells him, since they are both still outside, "Use the saber to sever the ghost's connection to its body. The body must be somewhere inside the temple."

    You guys have been dancing around the solution for quite some time here.  Honestly, you are lucky no one has been possessed yet.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

    whit10 wrote:

    WTF is the save for the possession... will save?


    yes, will saves for both, sorry I didn't make it clear
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 pm

    well, if I hadn't allowed myself to be distracted by someone, it would be over.

    Or if I had one damned force point...
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:37 pm

    ...any way we can cut to the chase on this one since only one of us seems to even be able to hurt the damned thing? (after saves of course)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm

    whit10 wrote:...any way we can cut to the chase on this one since only one of us seems to even be able to hurt the damned thing? (after saves of course)

    Right, it all depends if anyone fails their possession save, at least Rakhu and T'son have an actual chance to fail. It's up to everyone else if they want to skip their next action or do something
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:28 pm

    word

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am