Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The Prestige

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:46 pm

    "Cut the connecting beam! Attack the BEAM!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:48 pm

    navyik wrote:"Cut the connecting beam!  Attack the BEAM!"

     cheers Give the Rodian a cigar!

    but you still have to roll your saves  Twisted Evil 
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:12 pm

    I don't know if ghosty saved vs Sharn's Force Lightning attack (or even if it had any effect at all):
    8+3+1=12 points of damage.

    1/2 damage if he Reflex saved.


    Two Will Saves for Sharn, correct?

    10+16=26

    10+16=26

    heh.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

    navyik wrote:"Cut the connecting beam!  Attack the BEAM!"


    Thats what I was trying to say with the qoutes from Thana!!!!!!
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:18 pm

    Will save with -2 debuff accoutned for =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    15 + 5 = 20
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 pm

    Then SAY that. lol
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:18 pm

    I kinda figured blowing the mummy's head off would have been "disruption" enough....


     bom 
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:12 pm

    Rakhu is already shaken.

    Roll of 10+1-2=9 vs. Posession.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 pm

    it's all good man, I'm more just mad that I didn't understand the whole beam thing until today. lol.. This is the problem with trying to do some of this while at work.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:56 am

    Robyo wrote:I don't know if ghosty saved vs Sharn's Force Lightning attack (or even if it had any effect at all):
    8+3+1=12 points of damage.
    1/2 damage if he Reflex saved.

    I did post a reply, you might have missed it in the larger thread

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Sharn runs inside the temple (with Thana?) and Irwin is still flying and shooting footage.

    Sharn will get within range and use Force lightning on the ghost:
    3+2+8=13

    Current Health:
    Vit: 3/48
    Wnd: 2/10

    The Ghost writhes in agony, though he also seems to enjoy the pain.


    I just didn't post all his rolls, since I often don't with NPCs to keep the suspense. He failed his reflex and took full lightning damage (he writhes inpain) but he liked it!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

    Ok, looks like no one got possessed again  Crying or Very sad   I guess I should have made that DC higher.....


    Chris wrote:
    Initiative order

    *
    dead Nikto Seer 15
    Daxx 14
    dead Trando 14
    Ghost of Marcus Ragnar 14
    *Rakhu new (moved down from held action)
    T'son 11
    Nikto masses 10
    Sharn 5
    Thana 3


    T'son is up, then Niktos, then Sharn and finally Thana

    map is current

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:13 am

    Ready action - grenade launcher attack, condition, Nitko mob attacks party.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:55 am

    MAS wrote:Ready action - grenade launcher attack, condition, Nitko mob attacks party.

    got it.

    The Nikto masses file into their temple (yes, they built it) in a solemn procession.  They are chanting something in an ancient language, it is low and undecipherable.  


    Sharn is up


    *just to move things along*

    Thana calls out to Daxx, "Of course! Rakhu is right. Cut the Force conduit connecting the body and ghost."

    Thana puts two fingers to her temple (like Prof X)

     study  Thana will also ready an unknown action, in meta terms, it looks like she is readying to cast a spell or use a Force power

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 pm

    Chris wrote:

    Thana calls out to Daxx, "Of course!  Rakhu is right.  Cut the Force conduit connecting the body and ghost. Do what I suggested on the last page of posts!!!



     lol! 
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:55 pm

    (translation) I can't articulate things to other players so I will retcon my suggestions.  Twisted Evil 
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:18 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:

    Thana calls out to Daxx, "Of course!  Rakhu is right.  Cut the Force conduit connecting the body and ghost. Do what I suggested on the last page of posts!!!

     lol! 

    just wait until you are GM next, my brother..... just wait
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:29 pm

    heh, oh yeah!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:32 pm

    Sharn is low on Vit and Wounds. Can't really do much. He'll go Total Defense from now.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn is low on Vit and Wounds. Can't really do much. He'll go Total Defense from now.

    Chris wrote:

    The Nikto masses file into their temple (yes, they built it) in a solemn procession. They are chanting something in an ancient language, it is low and undecipherable.

    *just to move things along*

    Thana calls out to Daxx, "Of course! Rakhu is right. Cut the Force conduit connecting the body and ghost."

    Thana puts two fingers to her temple (like Prof X)

    study Thana will also ready an unknown action, in meta terms, it looks like she is readying to cast a spell or use a Force power


    TOP O THE ROUND

    Daxx is up
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:44 pm

    Ok... strike the damned beam, thing, whatever it is. lol

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    19,+11
    Total:30

    Crit threat!!

    Confirm:

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    12,+11
    Total:23

    I think that confirms?

    Damage:

    Roll(3d8)+1:
    6,8,4,+1
    Total:19

    2nd swing:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    15,+6
    Total:21

    No clue if that hits. If so, damage:

    Roll(3d8)+1:
    7,6,8,+1
    Total:22
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:28 pm

    whit10 wrote:Ok... strike the damned beam, thing, whatever it is. lol

    Daxx swings at the conduit of Force energy that was connecting the corpse of the long-dead Sith King Marcus Ragnar and the terrifying ghost that has been attempting to possess the party.  The black-lightsaber again feels like it connects with something solid, yet subtle.






    There is a massive explosion of Force energy as the link between the known universe and.... somewhere else is cut in half.



    The Force energy coming through the open conduit bursts into this universe like an open fire hydrant.  Unseen by the heroes, it rapidly expands throughout the crystal caves filling the crystals with it's energy



    The crystals in turn amplify the energy, as they have with the force-using party, and the Force energy erupts on a planetary scale



    The heroes need to make a FORT save, you can double any bonus from Force Defense if you had activated that or if you have a crystal attuned for defense (save bonus).
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm

    Fort Save:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    14,+6
    Total:20
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:58 pm

    fort save -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

    15 + 6 = 21
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:08 pm

    Sharn Fort save...
    He already had Force Defense (+6) on, so
    3+12+3=18
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:30 pm

    6+9=15 fort.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:53 am

    Force energy not only floods the crystal caves, as described above, but the geyser of pure Force energy also fills each of your bodies, nearly to the point of overload.  

    nice bunch of saves!  DC was 15.  No one passes out due to energetic overload.

    Nobody falls unconscious, instead your bodies are each filled with raw Force energy.  It raises the vibration of your very souls to a higher level of existence.   (Rakhu permanently gains the feat Force Sensitive)




    For a moment, the heroes transcend the material universe.  You are all literally standing with one foot in the known world and one foot in the great beyond.



    You can see beyond the matrix of your minds.  The see the relationship between the Force and all matter in the universe.

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am

    As that moment of transcendence passes, the heroes see a group of Force spirits gathered









    They are forming a semi circle around the spirit of Marcus Ragnar.  He no longer appears as a gruesome spectre, but his power and connection to the Force is obvious



    He notices that the heroes can see into the realm of Force Spirits.  He nods his head deeply towards the heroes, "Gratitude, young Forcewalkers.  You have freed my spirit from eons of torment.  This was not my tomb, it was my jail cell.  I was imprisoned in that crystal, which blocked my connection to the Force by the Sith Lords of ages past.  Yes, I was King of the Ancient Sith, but they turned on me and the other masters."  He gestures towards the other Force Spirits assembled around him.

    "You have become aware of the true nature of the Force, in a way that few Sith understand and the Jedi refuse to believe.  This is not necromancy, it is not un-natural, nothing could be further from the truth.  The Jedi deceive themselves with their dogma and the Sith would corrupt the truth to suite their passions.  Both are lost to the true nature of the Force."

    He gazes upwards and the heroes can follow his Farsight out into the galaxy.



    "The Force is an energy plane, created by all living things.  It surrounds the known universe, it penetrates the galaxy through Force-users and it binds reality together. "

    His gaze returns to the heroes, "This is the Balance of the Force.   Do you feel that there is both peace and freedom here?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:39 am

    Rakhu's head droops, and like a child mumbles, "sorry i kicked your head..."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:14 am

    whoaaaaa, trippyyy

    to the ghost, "yeah, sure, feels real peaceful and free"

    Daxx thinks to himself, ( somehow, I doubt the Jedi council is going to be happy about this)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:50 pm

    (it does, but....we are living creatures, there is a purpose to the known world)

    Tson remains silent and alert.

    Search -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    18 + 5 = 23

    Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    6 + 11 = 17
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:58 pm

    trippy, dude.

    Sharn is humbled by the cosmic truths revealed. To Irwin:
    "Vargar mushtafarr ruffin!" {Hope you're getting all this, birdbrain!}
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:38 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Tson remains silent and alert.
    Perception -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :
    6 + 11 = 17

    T'son, with his vastly heightened perception is aware of a strong Force presence descending from the atmosphere, towards the heroes.  T'son is reminded of Daxx's vision upon first arriving on Kintan, when he saw this ship in orbit.  






    MAS wrote:(it does, but....we are living creatures, there is a purpose to the known world)

    As if reading T'son's thoughts, "Of course there is.  But what is that purpose?  Even the most enlightened Force spirits do not know the answer to all sentient being's most basic question, 'Why are we here?' "

    navyik wrote:Rakhu's head droops, and like a child mumbles, "sorry i kicked your head..."

    "Apology accepted and I hope you all forgive my attempts to harm you.  My spirit was twisted from nearly 4000 years of solitary confinement in my crystal prison.  I was buried alive inside this massive geode, because the Ancient Sith discovered the crystal's properties to block the Force.  Then something unexpected happened..... the Star M'dweshuu went nova and flooded the system with radiation.  The radiation altered the molecular structure of the crystals.  Instead of being insulators to the Force, they became amplifiers.  I was able to project through them, which caused them to grow and spread, and control the creatures that came near me.  Unfortunately, my spirit was so tormented by the centuries of solitude, I spread my anger and resentment to the surviving animals of Kintan."

    (from the very first prologue in June)
    Chris wrote:

    Kintan is devoid of nearly all indigenous fauna.  Millennia ago, the star M'dweshuu went nova,
    flooding nearby Kintan with radiation.  Most indigenous life perished as a result.  
    Those that managed to survive also thrived, mutating over the course of centuries into hideous beasts,
    including the horned trogwhale, the spine dragons (popularized in the holoseries of Corwyn Antilles)
    and the huge tuskbeasts.


     cheers The party has discovered the source of the mutated and aggressive creatures on Kintan  cheers 

    whit10 wrote:to the ghost, "yeah, sure, feels real peaceful and free"
    Daxx thinks to himself, ( somehow, I doubt the Jedi council is going to be happy about this)

    "Good, you feel it, perhaps there is hope for the Jedi now."  As if reading Daxx's thoughts, "But you are correct, the Jedi will not welcome this news.  Their strict adherence to an ancient code has always blinded them to the truth.  They are so afraid of losing control of their thoughts and their emotions, they have missed out on the true nature of the Force.  Do the Jedi not teach that Fear leads to the Dark side?  And yet, all their teachings are centered around their FEAR of emotions, FEAR of freedom.    They strive towards peace, which is noble and good.  But their peace is a lie, it is a deception they inflict upon themselves."

    The other masters nod silently in agreement.

    Marcus Ragnar continues, "The Sith are equally blinded by their passions.  They are right to seek a free expression of the Force.  The Sith are like adolescents, they think only of their desires and passions.  They have missed the tranquility which is essential to enlightenment."

    Marcus Ragnar shakes his head, "This is why the other masters and I attempted to bring enlightenment to the galaxy, nearly 4000 years ago.  Both Sith and Jedi resisted our teachings, resisted the inevitable change that is part of all life.  Both need to be erased, so that a new order can take their place.  Like a fire through an ancient forest, the old ways will burn away and make room for new growth."

    "Will you help us complete our mission to bring enlightenment to the galaxy?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:29 pm

    "There is something large and strong with the Force approaching us from Orbit, Elder. What is it?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm

    "Enlightenment to the galaxy huh? Uh, no offense, but I've heard tell of some others that say they're just doing the same thing. What exactly are you suggesting?"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:14 pm

    MAS wrote:"There is something large and strong with the Force approaching us from Orbit, Elder. What is it?"

    "Apparently, more pupils coming to the masters for enlightenment."


    whit10 wrote:"Enlightenment to the galaxy huh?  Uh, no offense, but I've heard tell of some others that say they're just doing the same thing.  What exactly are you suggesting?"

    Marcus Ragnar replies as much to the other masters as to Daxx, "I see that listening skills have not improved over 4000 years, how disappointing."

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Marcus Ragnar shakes his head, "This is why the other masters and I attempted to bring enlightenment to the galaxy, nearly 4000 years ago.   Both Sith and Jedi resisted our teachings , resisted the inevitable change that is part of all life.   Both need to be erased, so that a new order can take their place.  Like a fire through an ancient forest, the old ways will burn away and make room for new growth."

    "Will you help us complete our mission to bring enlightenment to the galaxy?"

     study is that really unclear or is Daxx just being his usual petulant self?


     study I am kind of waiting on a response from all the parties members, since Marcus asked each of you a direct question, to which he expects a reply.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 pm

    oh, it's completely clear, I'm baiting him...

    "and what of those that might resist your ideas?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:20 pm

    Sharn prefers to enlighten others with his documentary film-making.
    "Sharnralkin grungin raw-rarr galindin mushtariff rawwwlll." {I have no interest in forcing politics on others}.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:31 pm

    Recovering, rakhu considers, "i'm in favor of Opposing tyranny, but If you want to enlighten someone, shouldnt It be by example? I see your point about extremes. But you cant cull the weak from the herd through genocide."
    Perhaps its the force connectivity, but rakhu is feeling sociologically lucid, (or it could be that he immitates social trends because they dont come naturally to him from within).
    "Historically, extremes are marginalized when members of opposing groups learn they share some ideals. Then we can shoot the ones who dont succumb to the lowest common denominator on both sides... Wait..." Wandering into his thoughts, "...or maybe we shoot a few to make an example of them so the rest pretend to understand and live out meaningless muddled lives... Or... We build a massive turbo laser that can destroy planets... All i know is the forrest fire doesnt change the Forrest. The forrest is in the soil and in the seeds. Maybe we have to experience ignorance in order for enlightenment to have meaning..."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:42 pm

    Daxx looks at Rakhu with a mixed look of admiration and complete confusion.  cheers 
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2703
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:11 pm

    "...the fire fertilizes the soil, but its just a younger version of the same forest. Meanwhile, the animals suffer... I mean which came first, the plant or the seed? The soil or the carbon atoms? Hmmm... You know, you guys could really make a case for having representation within the republic!"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:37 am

    "I will not join your crusade."
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:00 pm



    "Idealistic young fools.  Look at the state of the universe, it is the same as it was 4000 years ago, full of stagnation and corruption.  Leading by example has always been a failed experiment.  People are weak willed and easily manipulated.  They tend to follow the path of least resistance and greatest personal gain.  The examples they follow are of greedy politicians and vain performers."

    The other masters nod in silent agreement.



    Marcus Ragnar continues, "Humanity must be shocked out of it's complacency!  We were known as the Dread Masters in ages past.  We are a collection of Sith and Jedi masters.  We are the Catalyst of change.  Humanity will either awaken and unite to oppose us or we will burn the galaxy to ashes, so that it may be rebuilt with our guidance."



    The Force spirits of the masters step through the rift in the veil and into the material world, joining the heroes in the temple.  The heroes can now see that the not only has the top of the temple been blown off, by the massive Force energy explosion from a few moments ago, but a massive hole has been blown into the roof of the geode itself.  The heroes can faintly see the stars above.

    "Young Forcewalkers, you pierced the veil with no knowledge of what lay on the other side.  You are battered and weak.  Your bodies will be possessed and your minds destroyed.  The Dread Masters have returned!"


    Last edited by Chirs2 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:00 pm




    Thana calls out, "I can stop you!"

    From the darkest corners of the temple, shadows swirl around Thana until the heroes see Darth Tenebrous, master of shadows, standing among you.

    the heroes are reminded of Bre'un's tale and Daxx seeing Darth Tenebrous' ship in orbit, now presumably with Faun on board

    Chris wrote:
    Bre’un sighs deeply, “So we came upon a plan.  We staged our own deaths and escaped from Korriban.  I have heard it is easier to escape from the prison-world of Belsavis, but we did it.  We disappeared on Ord Mantell with my sister and Faun became Darth Tenebrous’ new apprentice.  The Master of Shadows.... I don't know who ended up with a worse fate.”



    Darth Tenebrous: "I am a Forcewalker, like my master before me.  Everything that has transpired here has done so according to my design.  I discovered the resting place of Marcus Ragnar.  I turned the reknowned Republic scientist Dr. Helian to the Dark Side.  I pretended to be his young assistant and called out to aid from the Republic.  
    I hired the Mandalorians to capture Nikto for my slave army.  I taught the Nikto to create Sith artifacts from the crystals and spread them to lure the Jedi here.  I ordered the construction of this temple."

    The Nikto masses drop to their knees as they bear witness to their true master.  

    "The Sith would not have permitted my actions, for I will become more powerful than the Emporer himself.  So I had to gain aid from the Republic in secret.  I guided these young heroes to this moment..... all to lure you out.  The Dread Masters couldn't resist the chance to possess the bodies of 5 strong hosts, most of us already trained as Force Users.  As long as you remained behind the veil, I was no threat to you.  But now you have crossed over, thinking only of the easy bait in front of you.  Desperate for a body to once again walk the universe, you fell into my trap.  Here I am stronger.  I reserved my own power, letting my pawns exhaust themselves on Marcus Ragnar.  Now, witness the power of a fully trained Sith Lord.  I will bind ALL of your spirits to me.  Your power will serve my will!"

    (to the party, in Thana's voice)  "I will protect you, if you swear allegiance to me.  Join me and I will complete your training as Forcewalkers and Sith.  Refuse me and this temple will be your tomb.  You will have served your purpose well."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:09 pm

    Can Daxx just try to swing and take her head off as an answer?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:34 pm

    whit10 wrote:Can Daxx just try to swing and take her head off as an answer?

    LOL, no, but nice try. Daxx was the last person to act, breaking the force conduit. Then Marcus Ragnar and his buddies acted by stepping through the rift in the veil, Thana is interrupting with her held action

    dialogue is in between the actions

    after the Dread Masters and Darth Tenebrous, it would be Rakhu's turn, then T'son, then Sharn
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:39 pm

    run for the ship? Anyone?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2388
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:22 pm

    affraid 

    We can either break contact and run like hell, or die in place trying to stop them. Tson is ready to start throwing explosions either way.


    We should have just pulled back and NUKED THE SITE FROM ORBIT!!!


    If there is any way to do that right now - taking down Darth Ten, Apprentice, and the Dread Masters would be the right thing to do, regardless of our chances of survival.

    Lol!!!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 pm

    I love the meme Josh  cheers 


    Aside from giving Josh a hard time, there is a serious issue that you all should consider, which Matt touched upon. I intended this to be a pickle, a Gom'jabar, a Kobiashi Maru, if you will.

    If you attack Darth Tenebrous, you risk letting the Dread Masters in and them possibly possessing you

    If you attack the Dread Masters, you risk letting Darth Tenebrous gain control of them and their power

    You are really in no shape to fight either a full power Darth or 5 force spirits.

    If you run, you give up any control over the situation, but have the greatest chance to live, assuming your characters can justify their actions

    Just consider the very real threat to the universe and anything your characters hold dear, if either the Dread Masters or Tenebrous wins.

    This is not so much about whether can you win an impossible fight, as it is about what choice your characters would make when facing their ends. Would they sacrifice themselves? Would they give in to evil and join the dark side just to spare their own lives? Can they think of some other creative solution?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3706
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:24 pm

    Daxx would most certainly run at this point... in fact, he could run pretty damned fast right now (force speed) and get to the ship, fire her up and get an emergency evac underway.

    My two cents... we're in no shape to fight now. We run like hell, report back to the Jedi/Republic whats going on and hope that they can send some help.

    Daxx is in no shape for a fight right now... or until another couple levels have been gained in all truth

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm