Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:37 pm

    oops, in that case, that's a 24 on that attack, nice catch chris, I keep getting things mixed up with PF.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:45 pm

    whit10 wrote:oops, in that case, that's a 24 on that attack, nice catch chris, I keep getting things mixed up with PF.

    Rob is the final say, but the way I see your character, in Wereform for any attack you make (claws, bite, tails, acid spit, spines, etc)

    +4 level
    +5 Con
    +1 wereform (core)
    +2 Horrid
    __________
    total attack bonus = +12

    You calculated +12 for your claws and bite on your character sheet, Radiance makes no distinction for special abilities or ranged or melee. To me, that is part of the beauty of Radiance, it is simpler, yet covers everything.

    you rolled a 16 +12 = 28




    assuming you are Large (why wouldn't you always be large?) I would think the +2 damage bonus applies as your tails spines would also be bigger now, but Rob would have to clarify that finer point

    +2 damage, Large
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 pm

    Neraka's spiny darts do a total of 16 points of damage to the wurm mech.

    *Large wereform grants +2 damage on physical attacks. We'll count (bigger) spines too. However, it wouldn't affect something like a magical ranged attack (primordial ray, etc.).

    The bystanders, those that can manage, all scatter from the cyclops and fires. The ones that are too injured (tokens ringed in red) remain where they are.

    The three fires dwindle to half their blaze, revealing charred and blackened earth and corpses.

    I'll update the map tomorrow.


    Top of round 2:
    Escalation bonus: +1 attack and damage

    *Escalation signifies teamwork and finding weakness in your enemies' defenses. It also helps speed up combat. Escalation bonus begins second round and increases once each round to a total of +6 by round 7. Some monsters, though not most, also gain from escalation bonus.

    Init:
    1 - Monk = L-12
    2 - Jack = AA-17
    3 - Orbyn = L-13
    4 - Cy = M-13
    5 - A.J. = ?
    6 - Chef = L-16
    7 - Virgil = W-15
    8 - Wurm = Z-20
    9 - Mark = V-6
    10 - Bill = DD-20
    11 - Neraka = S-20


    Monk is up.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:24 pm

    You left out Olistaff.  Sad 
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:48 pm

    navyik wrote:You left out Olistaff.  Sad 

    Whoops, sorry. It's a complicated battle  geek 

    Oli is #11 and Neraka is #12
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:49 pm

    cheers 
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:15 am

    Robyo wrote:
    5 - A.J. = ?

    who is this? he wasn't on the original initiative list  scratch 
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 am

    Assuming that the cyclops isn't too large, Traveler Monk will attempt a Quick Trip on it.
    (Resist using reflex of be knocked prone for 1d6 +1 damage: Intermediate Tier Monk, counts as move action)

    Attack roll: 1d20+15 (15+15) =30

    If that hits, damage roll: 1d6+1 (4+1)=5

    Traveler Monk then attacks with a flurry of blows.

    First attack roll: 1d20+13 (8+13)= 21

    If that hits the (prone?) cyclops, damage roll: 2d6+18 (1+5+18)= 24

    Second attack roll: 1d20+13 (12+13)= 25

    If that hits, damage roll: 2d6+18 (4+3+18)= 25

    GM declared escalation bonus of +1 added to attack/dmg rolls)

    Traveler Monk is keenly aware of the destruction these creatures have brought to the innocent townspeople. He can smell the charred flesh in the air. He hears the cries of the wounded. He is appalled at the violence that has unfolded so suddenly on this beautiful afternoon.

    This unprovoked attack, with all its carnage, stirs his animal blood. He feels the fury building inside him. But his years of training do not fail him. He calms his inner storm. All the distractions fade away. He is supremely focused on the threat before him. He is but dimly aware of the gunfire around him, and knows the others are busy with the metal animal risen from the ground.

    Orbyn is clearly wounded, but bravely is standing his ground.

    Traveler knows it falls to him to end this threat. He hates to kill, even such a monster as this.. but the greater good must be served. He must do what he can to destroy this beast before it can do more harm.

    He focuses his Chi. He harnesses the mysteries of the Orient. His Kung Fu is mighty. Quick as lightning, he shifts his balance and leg sweeps the monstrosity before him.

    Before the beast can respond, he pounces upon it, delivering a barrage of blows. His steely fists seek out the soft fleshy parts of the monstrosity as he looks for a killing shot. He does not show his usual restraint.

    Oh yeah, if the cyclops is able and chooses to attack Traveler Monk on it's turn: Traveler will Dodge. (Immediate action, cost 2 vitality)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 am

    Enjoying the narration/RP of Monk!

    Monk trips the large cyclops and he falls down prone.
    * You can only trip an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.

    Then he gives the monster a double-wallop while it's down.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:37 am

    Robyo wrote:Enjoying the narration/RP of Monk!

    Monk trips the large cyclops and he falls down prone.
    * You can only trip an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.

    Then he gives the monster a double-wallop while it's down.

    Thanks! And Re:Tripping, I was pretty sure on that, I just wasn't sure that we had ever specified whether he was size large or bigger.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

    No, you're right, I didn't specify. It was only: "Within the haze of smoke, a large man moves violently, swinging a mighty club. He appears to be the thug from earlier, but increased in size, and menacing."

    And I suppose it's hard to tell the size of the pawns from the pictures. He is Large and the wurm is Huge.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 am

    Arcturus wrote:Assuming that the cyclops isn't too large, Traveler Monk will attempt a Quick Trip on it.
    (Resist using reflex of be knocked prone for 1d6 +1 damage: Intermediate Tier Monk, counts as move action)
    If that hits, damage roll: 1d6+1 (4+1)=5
    If that hits the (prone?) cyclops, damage roll: 2d6+18 (1+5+18)= 24
    If that hits, damage roll: 2d6+18 (4+3+18)= 25

     cheers that's a brutal combo, wow, some serious damage, plus the Trip which will either make his swing really weak or give you an AoO when he stands up.... then you have your Dodge

    I know it isn't the right "style" but I pictured something out of WWF.... after the trip, the Macho Monk bounces off the ropes and drops a leg across Andre the Giant's throat.  Then he climbs up the turnbuckle, raises his arms in victory and jumps down, landing an Elbow Drop on his hapless foe.  

    [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

    "Oooh Yeeaah!"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 am

    map updated:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    The burnt areas are difficult terrain. The cyclops is prone. The wurm is dazed. No one notices the new figures on the armory rooftop.


    Jack fires off another magically-charged round at the iron devourer. His shotgun glows with blue magical light. The beast squeals.

    Orbyn places both his hands to his chest and utters a mantra. A blue light eminates all around him. He heals himself of wound damage.

    While still prone, the Cyclops sends a smashing blow towards Monk.
    28 vs Fort... Monk would have taken 9 wound damage, but dodges the attack.
    Cyclops spends a Faith Point to gain another standard action. He quaffs a potion and rapidly grows Huge-sized. "I will smash the puny Aerthmen!" he shouts.

    "Ah, shaddup," mumbles Chef over his cigar and blasts the monster with his shotgun.


    Virgil is up.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:35 am

    Virgils cracks a rare smile under his mask at the sight of a huge black wolf.  "Stolgar's gifts are everywhere today."  he thinks to himself, "Good, it looks like we need all the help we can get."

    Virgil uses Eldritch Hunter, as a Swift action, on the mecha-wurm, with a quick prayer to Stolgar's son Loki the Deceiver,  "What tricks can you show me today?"

    Virgils eyes glow an emerald green as he gazes upon the huge metal creature......

    Arcana check DC15

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    9,+8
    Total:17

    This tells Virgil if the Mecha-Wurm has any weaknesses to a specific type of ammunition (Adamantium, Mithril, Silver, etc)


    GM - great maps, very easy to tell who is who!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:06 pm

    Divine insights gained: Being a metal construct, the wurm is susceptible to electrical damage, as Virgil already noticed. It has a primordial aura of fire, so it is susceptible to cold as well.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:42 pm

    Robyo wrote:

    While still prone, the Cyclops sends a smashing blow towards Monk.
    28 vs Fort... Monk would have taken 9 wound damage, but dodges the attack.
    Cyclops spends a Faith Point to gain another standard action. He quaffs a potion and rapidly grows Huge-sized. "I will smash the puny Aerthmen!" he shouts.


    Good morning! Nice maps, Rob! Chris, I dig your visual of Monk's attack. Ooooh Yeeeah!

    Game mechanics question: does the cyclops' drinking of a potion as a standard action grant Traveler Monk or Orbyn an AoO against him? The only book info I found on AoO is the last two paragraphs of page 230. Maybe you have a ruling or your Gamemastery guide has more?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:07 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:
    Game mechanics question: does the cyclops' drinking of a potion as a standard action grant Traveler Monk or Orbyn an AoO against him? The only book info I found on AoO is the last two paragraphs of page 230. Maybe you have a ruling or your Gamemastery guide has more?

    Good question!


    Virgil thanks Loki for his insight, "Big help there, pardner".  

    As a swift action, Virgil calls out to the townies again, "If you can walk, help the others and GET CLEAR!"

    Virgil again spins his Spencer to charge it up while invoking Stolgar, "Bring the Thunder, boss!"

    The Norse runes glow brightly and crackle with electricity.  The energy arcs up and down the barrel, humming with anticipation.  Virgil takes aim at the metal monster and with a thunderclap unleashes Thor's fury....

    Gun Mage - Shocking Grasp -2 vitality
    Rapid Shot, no penalty
    +1 escalation
    Bullets are both Magic and Mithril
    +8 if evil

    1st shot vs Reflex:
    Roll(1d20)+18:
    11,+18
    Total:29

    Damage:
    Roll(2d10)+14:
    2,6,+14
    Total:22

    Shocking Grasp Damage:
    Roll(5d6)+0:
    2,4,3,2,4,+0
    Total:15

    37 total, 15 electrical

    Daze vs Fort +5 vs Metal:
    Roll(1d20)+23:
    15,+23
    Total:38


    2nd shot vs Reflex:
    Roll(1d20)+18:
    17,+18
    Total:35

    Damage:
    Roll(2d10)+14:
    9,10,+14
    Total:33

    43\48 Vitality
    2\3 Grit
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:20 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:Game mechanics question: does the cyclops' drinking of a potion as a standard action grant Traveler Monk or Orbyn an AoO against him? The only book info I found on AoO is the last two paragraphs of page 230. Maybe you have a ruling or your Gamemastery guide has more?

    We're only using the few OA's listed in the book.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:39 pm

    Virgil's enchanted bullets find their target. The wurm quivers and shakes from excessive damage. Electricity sparks out of it's metal-plated cracks. The thing withers. It comes crashing down to the ground and lays inert.

    From the armory rooftop, Mark makes ready to squeeze a few more rounds in the iron devourer. "We've gotta be certain," he says and takes careful aim. Before he manages to pull the trigger, a heat ray from behind him burns a hole through his chest. He tries to scream, but his lungs are seared. Toppling over the edge of the building, Mark's body lands hard and is crumpled on the dirt below.

    From atop the general store, Bill shoots a couple rounds at the cyclops. The sting of them seems to make the one-eyed giant even angrier.


    Oli is up.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 pm

    Has Oli seen what's going on @ the armory?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:53 pm

    He would have seen Mark fall, but he can't see much of anything else on the roof. It's 2-story building and the figures are a ways back from the edge and crouching.

    Robyo wrote:No one notices the new figures on the armory rooftop.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm

    Oli walks to m-26 and strikes a lightning bolt (+3 save dc) down from m-25 to m-13, carefully avoiding the wounded and the water.
    19+12=31
    Dmg3+5+6+1+6+1+5+2=29 and daze.

    Oli vit: 38
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:37 pm

    Robyo wrote:He would have seen Mark fall, but he can't see much of anything else on the roof. It's 2-story building and the figures are a ways back from the edge and crouching.

    "Valkyries, bear this defender of his village safely to Asgaard."

    [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

    Robyo wrote:No one notices the new figures on the armory rooftop.


    can we get a specific number of vertical feet up to the roof?

    (thinking Jump, Flit, etc)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:51 pm

    ...and would the fact that Neraka is 10 ft. tall and moving towards that structure help him see anything?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:56 pm

    Oli's lightning bolt strikes true. The cyclops screams as electricity burns into him. Then he explodes in huge swarm of flies.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:59 pm

    Take a gander at the pic that begins this thread. The armory is like that, only taller, since it's more like a barn. So 30 feet high. The roof is flat and the large sign on the front of the building sticks up enough to give some concealment behind.


    Neraka is up.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 pm

    gotcha.

    unless something else is visibly attacking us (and I just didn't catch it), Neraka is holding his action for a new enemy.

    on second thought (assuming that he did SEE the other guy fall from the roof of the armory) Neraka will attempt to climb up it's walls.

    move to armory, attempt to climb.

    Athletics:

    Roll(1d20)+23:
    14,+23
    Total:37

    heh. That'll about do it.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

    Neraka can move half his speed while climbing. The lycanthrope's claws sink into the wood as he scales the building.


    Round 3:
    +2 Escalation

    Monk is up.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:54 pm

    Robyo wrote:Take a gander at the pic that begins this thread. The armory is like that, only taller, since it's more like a barn. So 30 feet high. The roof is flat and the large sign on the front of the building sticks up enough to give some concealment behind.

    gotcha, thanks. So if I am understanding correctly.....

    A jump\flit with a 30ft limit would put someone on the roof flat with a standard action.

    The sign offers some cover\concealment, but doesn't extend the entire length of the barn, allowing someone to land to the side of it?

    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:09 pm

    I assume the deputy Mark fell somewhere around V-7? He was on the roof at V-6, right?

    Monk was prepared to continue pummeling the fallen cyclops when the lightning bolt struck. A bright flash, accompanied by a sharp crack and the scream of the beast take him by surprise.

    He is less suprised by the cyclops bursting into a cloud of insects and fleeing. He has seen the cowardly brute do it once before. (I'd like to know which direction the cloud leaves in, or if it disperses)

    His hair stands on end from the charge in the air and he can smell burnt ozone.With the metal wurm a smoking ruin a short distance away, Traveler perceives no more immediate threats.  

    His fists unclench slowly as his heart rate calms down. Looking around, he is deeply saddened by all the injured townspeople.

    Quickly he looks around to check the condition of his comerades. Virgil and most of the others are still inspecting the metal wurm. He sees the were-animal shifter Neraka climbing the side of the armory.

    That ally, he feels, bears close watching...

    He spies the crumpled body of the fallen deputy at the base of the armory across the street. He decides to head over to check him first.

    I'd like to know if the cloud of insects simply disperses or heads in a particular direction.

    Swift action: pick up Traveler Monk's walking stick he dropped to attack the cyclops.

    Double move action: head over to check the fallen Mark in about V -7, should be about 70 feet.. 2 move actions should get me there this round, yes?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 am

    I didn't say the swarm departed. It is still there.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:36 pm

    Robyo wrote:I didn't say the swarm departed. It is still there.

    Well hell, that changes everything. Disregard my previous stated actions, please.

    Instead:

    Size of swarm?

    Height off ground?

    How deep is the water of the pond in which Traveler Monk still stands?

    New actions:

    Traveler recognizes the insect swarm as being the same one from the encounter in the blind alley. He quickly rubs his protective bracelet which begins to glow. His skin tightens as it takes instant effect (DR 4, immediate action).

    He shouts to Sheriff Virgil "Sheriff, look! The insects from the alley!"

    Readied action: Hold other actions pending swarm movement. If the swarm tries to swarm Traveler Monk, he will dive beneath the waters of the pond and begin to hold his breath, if it is deep enough. (Probably have to be at least 2 feet deep I'm thinking).

    IF the pond is not deep enough to protect him, he will Jump to R-12. Then he will use his move action to run to the store room and close the door against the swarm, Location S-6.


    Last edited by Arcturus2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accuracy)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:31 pm

    Dan, I appreciate your being specific, but I can't be burdened with either/or choices for your held actions. Keep it simple and concise with minimal, yet specific, activation phrasing. "If the swarm attacks, monk jumps in the water," or something.

    You can only ready only one action, either a swift, move, or standard. Radiance doesn't use free actions, but you get 3 swifts. The trigger for the readied action has to be fairly specific. If the trigger doesn't occur, then the action is lost.

    Or you can delay your action, which is take no action, then act normally on whatever initiative count you decide. This reduces one's initiative result for the rest of combat.

    You can't hold an action into the next round.

    So if you have a question regarding anything, we'll wait. I myself, have taken several days asking questions before I made a move. Though the other players were getting annoyed  tongue 


    Monk activates his bracelet. What is his other held action pending the swarm attacks him?

    Where he's standing in the pond, the water goes up past his ankles. It's not a terribly deep pond, maybe knee-deep in the middle part. I suppose Monk could submerge himself in the middle.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:43 pm

    No held action. Jump to R -12. Standard action. Run to S-6. Move action. Close door behind him.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 pm

    Robyo wrote:I didn't say the swarm departed. It is still there.

    Arcturus2 wrote:No held action. Jump to R -12. Standard action. Run to S-6. Move action. Close door behind him.

    "Run Piglet, they're after my honey!"

    [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:42 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:I didn't say the swarm departed. It is still there.

    Arcturus2 wrote:No held action. Jump to R -12. Standard action. Run to S-6. Move action. Close door behind him.

    "Run Piglet, they're after my honey!"


    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Think what you will. I have a plan.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 pm

    map updated:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    *Only one small fire remains burning where the explosions were. I also drew in the sign better that sits on the front of the armory. It sticks out on the side a bit and above the roof a few feet. Neraka is climbing the front of the armory. It will take a move action and another climb check for him to complete the climb.


    Jack Stone turns to Virgil. "You go ahead and flit up thar, Marshal. I'll cover ya." He pats his shotgun. Jack readies action.

    Orbyn channels psionic ki into his fists. Pointing his arms at the huge swarm, he unleashes sonic blasts of thunder. The energy appears to have some effect. The flies buzz angrily.

    The swarm stays in it's space.

    Chef shoots his shotgun at it, but seems to do little damage.


    Virgil is up.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:35 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Jack Stone turns to Virgil. "You go ahead and flit up thar, Marshal. I'll cover ya." He pats his shotgun. Jack readies action.

    Virgil is up.

     study I don't think Virgil can actually get up to the roof of the Armory, can he?

    Activating Flit is a standard action that allows the character to fly at 30ft for my move action.  The closest 30ft will get me, flying or running, is CC-16 and that doesn't count the 30 vertical feet, even I "Hustled" to go the 30ft up, I would still be short of the roof by at least 10ft (15ft counting the diagonal).

    Am I missing something?

    Virgil's idea..... What is the height of the roof of the telegraph building?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 am

    The telegraph office is 12 feet high.


    *My brand new computer is acting weird (won't boot up), so I don't know how often I'll be able to check in until the problem is resolved. Hopefully soon!  sunny 
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 am

    Robyo wrote:The telegraph office is 12 feet high.

    *My brand new computer is acting weird (won't boot up), so I don't know how often I'll be able to check in until the problem is resolved. Hopefully soon!  sunny 

    bummer!

    La'fett ignites his Flit Mantle and the duster swirls down his back like a jet engine kicking up a small cloud of dust at his feet as it rockets him 12.5ft straight up into the air.  La'fett will move NE 17.5ft (diagonal is 7.5?) to the SE rooftop front-corner of the telegraph building at W-12, facing the barn.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

    Hopefully the 12ft and new angle around the armory sign will give La'fett LOS on the guy on the armory roof?

    Perception:
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    11,+14
    Total:25
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:24 pm

    Well, I'm back up.  bounce  Still getting used to this Windows 8 stuff...

    Thanks for the mini map, Chris. Virgil flits up fine to the roof of the telegraph office. A.J. lets loose Disintegrate! A held action for anyone coming into LOS.
    32 vs Fort = 13 wound damage

    You get your DR and any immediate actions you might have.

    Perception check: Reveals the (human?) wizard and a swarm of blood ravens behind him. The birds are all standing on the roof, so none are currently flying.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />
    (pic shows Virgil's old placement)


    Bill shoots at the swarm of flies, seemingly doing nothing to it. (I actually got the RR's names reversed at some point... we'll say Bill is the guy on the general store, the Rough Rider that is still breathing).


    Oli is up.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:00 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Thanks for the mini map, Chris. Virgil flits up fine to the roof of the telegraph office. A.J. lets loose Disintegrate! A held action for anyone coming into LOS.
    32 vs Fort = 13 wound damage

    You get your DR and any immediate actions you might have.


    Wounds 8, DR 4 from armor +2 from shield spell (post n*30) = 1 wound remaining

    (OUCH)

    "Thor's Hammer that hurt!" Virgil grimaces in pain. "Kill him, wolf" (neraka)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:56 pm

    Oli would like to detonate a fireball directly ABOVE the fly swarm, where the radius of the blast reaches the swarm but not the bystanders.  He quickly calculates the geometry,"w...weh...ell, if the radius of the blast is 15' and the tangent to the blast circumfrence from a fixed point on the ground extends to a point at least a foot above the nearest bystander's head, then the center of that blast should be 19.5' above the ground, extending the blast down to 4.5' above the ground at that fixed point!"
     That monologue is the verbal spell component.  The somatic component is to point to those theoretical planes in space and gesture their significance.  Then Oli sways side to side as if triangulating.  "A...aaaand theeeeennnn:  kerplooie!!!"

    12+12=24 vs. Reflex
    1+2+3+1+4+1+1+2=15 damage

    Oli vit: 34

    Can he see the effect of the spell before i decide how to use my move action?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 am

    Oli's projected fireball cone manages to miss the wounded bystanders whom are all prone. The spell ignites on the swarm. The flies buzz, as if laughing and taunting. The fire seems to have no effect whatsoever. Oli can take his move action.

    And I forgot Jack's held action... in response to the disintegrate ray, he shoots upward at top of the armory, but doesn't have LOS. Buckshot rips holes in the sign and side of the building, right above where Neraka is climbing. "Durn it," he mumbles. Then to Neraka, "Sorry big fella. I wasn't aiming at ya, I promise!"


    Neraka is up (after Oli moves). One more successful climb check and he should reach the top of the building.


    Then Monk can go (next round).
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 am

    ...Neraka should have movement left after he reaches the top as well (by my calculations).

    You said it was 30' and he moves 40'. If the building was 30' high and he moves half his normal movement while climbing, this is the last ten feet.

    correct?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 am

    Robyo wrote:Neraka can move half his speed while climbing. The lycanthrope's claws sink into the wood as he scales the building.



    whit10 wrote:...Neraka should have movement left after he reaches the top as well (by my calculations).

    You said it was 30' and he moves 40'.  If the building was 30' high and he moves half his normal movement while climbing, this is the last ten feet.

    correct?

    Or Josh could read his character sheet  Rolling Eyes 

    - Fast Climber: Boost Athletics checks by +5. Also, when
    climbing, you move at your normal speed (rather than ½ speed) and
    are not defenseless

    Neraka climbed 40ft last round so he should be at the top + 10ft on the roof..... although he probably should have eaten that Disintegration Ray instead of Virgil, La'fett is happy to "take 1 for the team"

    now just eat that bugger!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:39 pm

    Arcanna 15+21=36
    Does oli recognise the giant-to-swarm transformation from his studies?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:51 pm

    navyik wrote:Arcanna 15+21=36
    Does oli recognise the giant-to-swarm transformation from his studies?

    The creature is probably of fiendish origin. Also possible it is tainted.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:57 pm

    Move action: rapid spell
    Lightning bolt as previous.

    15+12=27 vs reflex
    33565321 Dmg=28

    Oli vit: 30
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:01 pm

    I'm not trying to nickle-and-dime Neraka's movement. From his position at S-20, it was 9 squares to the wall. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him reach it and begin his ascent.

    Frankly, the grid breaks down once things go 3-D. That was part of the problem we had when Auren climbed up the ladder to the hot air balloon and Chris demanded an OA while he was still climbing a swinging rope ladder, But I digress...

    And I didn't figure in Neraka's weight vs the structural integrity of the wooden wall. Because I imagine he would be trying to be careful (and not collapse the wall), let's just say one more Athletics (climb) check to reach the top. You still have a standard action. You can also make a stealth check as a swift action, if you wish.


    Last edited by Robyo on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 4: A Town BBQ

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:45 pm