Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am

    "T...to the pass then!"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:21 am

    Going off-road will mean ditching the wagons. The party can take the horses and whatever they can carry, but the wagons won't make it through the briar.

    Blue Twig will project an aura of 30' that allows Woodland Stride and Trackless Step.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:24 am

    can the golems just walk on their own or do they have to be in the wagon?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 am

    Chirs2 wrote:can the golems just walk on their own or do they have to be in the wagon?

    Golems can certainly walk on their own, and can help carry stuff too. They only have to power down (rest) when vitality is low.


    No pressure, the choice remains:
    1) Take the road to the end of the forest. This way will take longer, but is probably safer, since the road is watched by the vigilant wardens. The road ends at the base of White Mountain, regardless.

    2) Take the mountain pass. This way is shorter, but likely more dangerous. The wardens do not regularly patrol that region.

    3) Screw it, go back to town and hit the saloon.

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:38 am

    Option 1? Seems the smartest
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 pm

    Monk also votes for sticking to the road.

    He has also decided to keep a more watchful eye on the golems. The events of the previous day have caused him to wonder to what degree Oli can actually control them.

    He will not share his suspicions with anyone for the time being.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:50 pm

    "Stayin to the road seems right smart. Let get to work."
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm

    Virgil actually prefers

    Robyo wrote:
    3) Screw it, go back to town and hit the saloon.

    then he remembers stories about Stolgar's fiery wrath and agrees to option 1
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:47 pm

    The heroes decide to continue onwards down the rugged road through the woodland. They cross the stone bridge and pass into the forest beyond. It is the second day of travel. The day begins sunny and warm, but by mid-afternoon the temperature turns brisk. A fog covers the land and the sky grows overcast. Visibility becomes more difficult.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    A few hours before dusk, it begins to rain and thunder is heard in the distance.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    "Perhaps we should stop to rest and find shelter," suggests Blue Twig. The horses whinny, seemingly in agreement.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 pm

    nice forest pics  rendeer 

    Robyo wrote:

    "Perhaps we should stop to rest and find shelter," suggests Blue Twig. The horses whinny, seemingly in agreement.

    Virgil tips his hat at the walking tree, "We are your guests, Blue Twig, as you see fit."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:06 pm

    Any animals around?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 am

    No animals around that anyone can readily see. Likely they're hiding because of the rain.

    "Very good, marshal," says Blue Twig. "We will reconvene in the morning." He bows and as he does so, he changes into a rigid oak tree.

    Klandor salutes the heroes, then he and Vyrm take refuge in the hollow of a log laying beside the road.

    The rain is really starting to pour. Lightning can be seen streaking in the clouds in the distance. A massive thunderhead is moving closer.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 am

    Virgil will take cover in the shelter offered by our hosts Blue Twig and Klandor.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 am

    Monk will sit with his back against a tree and drape his head and shoulders with his bedroll. He looks for a tree off the path, where there is some vegetation.  He moves some brush around to better camouflage himself.

    Would that be a stealth check?

    1d20+4 (14+4)=18 to hide in some brush under a tree.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 pm

    Oli will hang in his wagon, "f....fellas, you're all w...elcome inside as many as can fit."

    To ray, "do you feel discomfort from the elements?"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm

    navyik wrote:Oli will hang in his wagon, "f....fellas, you're all w...elcome inside as many as can fit."

    To ray, "do you feel discomfort from the elements?"

    "Much obliged, Oli!"

    Virgil climbs in the wagon, "As long as they don't rust, put them on guard duty. (under his breath) I think Blue Twig went to sleep and I don't trust the little guy in the log with the hedgehog. They did try to murder us all in our sleep last night. "

    Virgil will make small talk with Oli and any others in the wagon. When he sleeps, he keeps his Spencer loaded and in his arms.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

    The rain begins to lessen and the clouds open up for a moment. The thunderhead can be seen drawing near.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    It looks to be a raging tempest approaching. The temperature has dropped with the evening's precipitation and now being in a higher altitude. It is a cool 30 degrees.

    I have the following stated actions:

    ~Virgil and Oli in Oli's covered wagon.
    ~The golems are standing guard outside.
    ~Traveler is under his bedroll, curled up under a tree, trying to be camouflaged with some foliage.

    I need Survival checks from everyone. Bonus +5 if your character is in a wagon or tent and using blankets.

    Monk can add Wis modifier to his roll, just because monks are trained to ignore cold weather. However, the bedroll is slowly getting wet and will eventually be a penalty to ongoing Survival checks (hypothermia).
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 pm

    Monk survival check:

    1d20+1 (+1 wis) 15+1+1= 17
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:05 pm

    Oli stokes the stove in his wagon and again invites the party to crowd in.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 pm

    "A...and if you w...ould preeeeefer, you can bed down under the wagon, s...should be warm under the stove!"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm

    John Henry is getting what shelter he can underneath a wagon.


    GM - Survival checks (a WIS base) look to be more field-craft - lighting fires, tracking, setting snares, etc.

    Would an Endurance check or Fort save be more appropriate to withstand the weather?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 pm

    Survival Check for Neraka to do the same:

    Roll(1d20)+16:
    13,+16
    Total:29
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 pm

    MAS wrote:GM - Survival checks (a WIS base) look to be more field-craft  - lighting fires, tracking, setting snares, etc.

    Good call! I was originally thinking Endurance check, but p.237 (Climate & Weather) says use Survival check DC 15. I think in this instance, Endurance works best.

    Endurance checks, then! (or just add your previous roll to your Endurance score). Monk still gets his Wis bonus, (and it makes better sense in this case).

    Of course anyone with Endure Elements can ignore this check.

    Bonus/Penalty to checks:
    monk training +Wis
    covered (tent or wagon) +3
    Dry blanket +2
    close to stove (10' radius) +10
    Wet clothes or blanket -2



    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

    Oli sits under a blanket in his wagon by the stove sipping hot cocoa...
    3+2+2+3+10=20

    "Oh Mr. H...henry... Would you like some cocoa?" Razz 
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm

    Endurance -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    18 + 5 = 23


    "Coco sounds mighty fine, thanya sir."

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

    a quick check of Virgil's character sheet reveals that LaFett is a well prepared sort and has a bedroll of his own.

    Endurance (CON)

    +2 bedroll
    +3 in the wagon
    +10 around Oli's stove
    +3 CON

    Roll(1d20)+18:
    11,+18
    Total:29

    Virgil will sit by the back of the wagon so his Stogie doesn't smoke them out, but still within 10' of the stove of course.  "By Stolgar, that is an impressive storm!"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 pm

    Peeking out, "ray, candy, jay and bob; have you any needs at this time? Would you prefer to take shifts?" farao 
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 am

    What time of day or night is it?

    Monk doesn't want to abandon watch duty, as he still has a mistrust of the golems.. However, he sees no reason to needlessly punish himself in the cold rain.

    Monk takes one last careful look and listen around the campsite...

    Perception check: 1d20+ 11 (13+11)= 24

    If Monk sees nothing amiss, he will get up and take shelter in the other wagon. (Not with Oli and the others)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 am

    navyik wrote:Peeking out, "ray, candy, jay and bob; have you any needs at this time?  Would you prefer to take shifts?" farao 

    "We are fine, master, so long as we are not struck by lightning." says Ray stoically. Candy bangs her chest in agreement.  Jay and Bob look around big-eyed, like scared and wet puppies.

    Traveler takes another gander at the surroundings but doesn't see anything unusual. He retires to JP's wagon. Soon thereafter, Klandor is wrapping on the wagon, hoping to be allowed in. Vyrm is beside him, shivering. "It's not fit for gnome or beast out here!" Klandor says.

    The storm rages for many hours, but the party is comfortable in their wagons sipping hot cocoa.


    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 am

    Oli asks jay and bob to take turns coming inside to help with the stove and cocoa. He complements all 4 on their bravery and vows to learn how to repair any who are damaged in the storm.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 am

    Robyo wrote: Soon thereafter, Klandor is wrapping on the wagon, hoping to be allowed in. Vyrm is beside him, shivering. "It's not fit for gnome or beast out here!" Klandor says.

    some ranger  Rolling Eyes 

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:02 am

    Klandor and companion are welcomed in and served cocoa.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 pm

    navyik wrote:Klandor and companion are welcomed in and served cocoa.

    "what a lovely smell you've discovered.... wet badger"  pale 
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

    "it's better than wet buffalo... ugh"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

    The storm is epic.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Neraka and Oli have reason to believe the tempest is a gargantuan elemental force. It seems to be only passing through, laying waste as it goes. Fires erupt in the woods at the various lightning strikes, yet the force of the (freezing) rain quenches all flames.

    Klandor is thankful to be in the cozy quarters with a mug of hot cocoa. He admits, "Between you and me lads, I haven't been feeling like myself these past 24 hours or so."

    Ray and (tree form) Blue Twig take lightning damage that evening. Everyone else escapes unscathed.


    The storm is gone by morning. The early sun rises and a mist fills the land.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    The road has turned to mud. It is washed out in some parts. It may take many hours for the land to dry out.

    "Beep... we... can... help... push... the... wagons... beep," volunteers Jay.
    "Beep... model... X-23... has... taken... damage... beep," informs Bob.
    "Beep... let... us... commence... diagnostic... beep," replies Jay.


    When the sunbeams hit Blue Twig, he stretches out into ent form. "Ooooo" He moans, rubbing at his burned shoulder.


    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:41 pm

    nice story element!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 pm

    Thanks!  bounce 
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:52 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:nice story element!

    Seconded!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 pm

    It is now the 3rd day of the journey. The heroes continue down the road, but it is slow going. The world has been drenched.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    What is the marching order? Are the golems outside, and perhaps helping move the carts? Was Ray repaired?

    Blue Twig casts healing on himself. "A strange storm," he states. "I fear some diabolical magic is at work in these hills."

    When the party is ready to depart, he and Klandor will lead the way. Vyrm wanders all over, sniffing and checking things out.

    ...

    After a time, the road enters a wetland area. The party trudges onward. They come upon drier land again, and a then a peculiar scene:

    Beside the road is the wreckage of an old wagon.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Further down the road, a cabin.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Behind the cabin, appears to be a small graveyard.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Across the road, there is a circle of stones.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]



    "I have not been this way in a dragon's age," the treant shrugs.
    "It's alright, a vague recollection comes to me now," says the gnome. He wanders over to a nearby tree and touches it's trunk, murmuring primordial. A green lighted sigil shines on the bark for a moment, then fades away. "It is a warning," he says.
    "Aye," agrees Blue Twig. "It is a message from the wardens. Pass with extreme caution."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:13 pm

    John Henry walks somewhere in the middle of the party.

    "Kinda Creepy homestead, dontcha think?" he says to no one in particular.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 pm

    Virgil likes to be near the front, clearer field of vision and fire.

    Perception at the scene
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31


    Also, Virgil will use Detect Evil, 30ft cone, as he scans the area
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 pm

    Neraka will usually be at the front. Looking for tracks, keeping a clear eye... he's used to taking point.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:30 pm

    Monk will walk by himself, behind the wagons, and keep an eye on the rear of the party.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:17 am

    After an hour of work in the morning:
    11+14=25 -15=10

    Oli was able to repair 10 hp of dmg to ray.

    "Where does it hurt, ray?"
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:04 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Further down the road, a cabin.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Behind the cabin, appears to be a small graveyard.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Across the road, there is a circle of stones.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]



    "I have not been this way in a dragon's age," the treant shrugs.
    "It's alright, a vague recollection comes to me now," says the gnome. He wanders over to a nearby tree and touches it's trunk, murmuring primordial. A green lighted sigil shines on the bark for a moment, then fades away. "It is a warning," he says.
    "Aye," agrees Blue Twig. "It is a message from the wardens. Pass with extreme caution."

    Monk is curious about the circle of stones..

    Does a religion check of 1d20+1 (17+1)=18 allow him to know anything about the henge?

    He will approach the Treant and ask him..

    "Master Blue Twig, what is this place?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:44 pm

    Virgil doesn't see anything peculiar, besides what was already described. There doesn't seem to be any activity in the vicinity. Maybe the cabin is abandoned?

    Virgil doesn't detect any fiends or undead within a 30' cone.


    Ray is thankful for the repairs. Bob and Jay assist, so that Ray is back to maximum vitality.


    If Traveler is walking behind the wagons, then I guess Klandor will drive JP's wagon. JP is dead of course, so I guess the wagon now belongs to monk?

    "I'm sorry, but I do not recall this place," answers Blue Twig. "It has been a very long time since I've been down this way. Klandor might know."
    The gnome shakes his head. "I have only foggy bits of memory concerning this place. I feel it in my bones that it is dangerous, but not certain why."

    Traveler recognizes the circle of stones has spiritual significance, but not much more than that. Certainly some kind of rituals would have been performed there. Perhaps there are clues in the cabin? Or someone could investigate the stones.

    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:27 pm

    Traveler decides to investigate the area. Something inside him warns him to be wary of the henge, so he will start with the cabin.

    Quietly to Virgil,

    "Sheriff Virgil, please cover me."

    Activate bracelet of DR+4

    Traveler slowly approaches the cabin door. Although it appears abandoned, he will knock just in case..

    "Hello? Anyone home?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

    Sorry.. busy and long day.

    Neraka is very intrigued by the stones... but the warnings are heeded.

    Activate Bracelet +4 DR... not shape changing yet

    Are we still off initiative?

    Activate Longstrider, -1 Vitality: 45/46

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm

    ... I'd also like to make a Religion check at some point but will wait my turn
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  MAS on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 pm

    John Henry wanders into a position to support the others, his railroad hammer perched casually over one shoulder.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 5: The Journey to White Mountain

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm