0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Ill Humor

Post  MAS on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 pm

"We take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor."
    - Bobby Clarke

Maybe you expected twirling lights and strange sounds bellowing through astral cloud formations.

Maybe you expected black lightning and a disorienting magnetism that left you nauseous.

Maybe you expected everything in sight to stretch, and twist, and boil.

You probably didn't expect them all. Stepping through the Portal is all of that, and more.

MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Re: Ill Humor

Post  MAS on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:54 pm

The party arrives, as if shot from a cannon and compelled to a complete and sudden stop.

Save for the 5 ft directly in front of the portal, which is lit by it's faint glow - the room is unlit.

GARTH (who currently has no mechanism to see in the dark, correct me if I am wrong) gains condition BLIND.

Before them, 2 Rotted Corpse Guards stand in tattered robes and tarnished armor. They appear ready to meet the those who the portal has brought.

"W--w-w--w--elcome" They shriek in unison, trailing their greeting into hideous laughter.

A wave of gut wrenching fear washes over the party - but these are hardened adventurers. They have faced evil, and set themselves stoically against fear's icy grasp.

INTIATIVE ORDER -

Garth - 31
    Jules - 24
    Rasso - 24
    L1 - 22
    Igniss - 20
    L2 - 10
    Grizzle - 5

Both Corpse Guards had readied actions when the portal arrived in the previous round.

L1 - readied action, cast spell -Cloud Kill - , trigger = arrival of foes
    A toxic cloud bursts forth from the Corpse guard's mouth, rolling across across the floor to center on the Champions.
    ALL Champions made their FORT saves, will take half damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

ALL CHAMPIONS take -1 CON

L2 - readied action, cast spell -waves of Fatigue- ,trigger = arrival of foes
    The Corpse Guard's laughter lashes out at the party, reverberating into a nauseating and tiresome vibration...
    30 ft cone
    No save, Spell resistance "yes" if you have it

ALL Champions -2 STR and DEX

Map is current, Garth is up.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 pm

I can help you with that Blind thing Garth
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Rasso has SR18

drunken  I guess all of our initial placements were for fun? It looks like only Grizzle ended up where he stated. Is that an effect of the portal?

Rasso is invisible as are any allies within 10ft of him, which from the map would include Jules and Garth, if that matters since the Cloud seems centered on all of us, 3 of whom are invisible.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Chirs2 wrote:Rasso has SR18

drunken   I guess all of our initial placements were for fun?  It looks like only Grizzle ended up where he stated.  Is that an effect of the portal?

Rasso is invisible as are any allies within 10ft of him, which from the map would include Jules and Garth, if that matters since the Cloud seems centered on all of us, 3 of whom are invisible.

The size of your companions made the requested deployment...difficult. So yeah, we'll call it a portal effect.

You'll notice that the cloud was basically centered in the room in front of the portal, and will continue to travel directly towards it - a logical targeting choice when defending against a portal. The 30 ft cone was also fired straight out into the room. Just because they cannot see you and your companions to directly target them doesn't mean they can not or would not blanket the funneled area in AOE.

L2 roll vs Rasso's Spell resistance -18
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

11 + 11 = 22

The spell gets through.

Last edited by MAS on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:31 pm

I was going to wait but, Jules is also immune to cloudkill - Necklace of Adaptation.

Dan, if you hold your action until I go, I can use a wand of Darkvision on you and you get your full attack without that annoying penalty

... up to you
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 pm

whit10 wrote:I was going to wait but, Jules is also immune to cloudkill - Necklace of Adaptation.

Dan, if you hold your action until I go, I can use a wand of Darkvision on you and you get your full attack without that annoying penalty

... up to you

Good copy - Jules is not affected by the Cloud Kill.
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Garth will hold action until someone un-blinds him.

Jules can go.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 pm

one thing first... the entire party has +1 to hit, damage, skills and saves due the Prayer that Jules cast earlier through a wand. That at least should help the melee guys with those penalties.

Ok, rifle was in hands... shoot at the L1 guy...

Roll(1d20)+23:
    19,+23
    Total:42

aw yeah... crit threat!

Confirm: +5
    Roll(1d20)+28:
    14,+28
    Total:42

these are ranged touch attacks, so unless somthin' weird is going on, I just shot him in the head.

Damage:
    Roll(4d10)+36:
    4,8,7,6,+36
    Total:61

+ 1d6 acid (that part doesn't get the crit modifier)

Roll(1d6)+0:
    5,+0
    Total:5

So, unless he has DR that drops it (it's a magical weapon attack) he takes enough for massive damage to come in. That's a GM call though.

Free action: Rifle goes into the glove of Storing. Free Action, Quick Draw right hand revolver.

Move action: pull the Wand of Darkvision out with left hand (Handy Haversack makes this a move action with no AoO).

Hero Point for additional standard action: tap Garth to grant him Darkvision... thereby enabling him to kick some ASS!

UMD:
    Roll(1d20)+18:
    6,+18
    Total:24

Garth has Darkvision... I think that deserves a consideration to get the Hero Point back (we only get 3 after all) but that's a GM decision of course.

"oh, we're just gettin' warmed up"

Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

MAS wrote:
    The size of your companions made the requested deployment...difficult. So yeah, we'll call it a portal effect.

You'll notice that the cloud was basically centered in the room in front of the portal, and will continue to travel directly towards it - a logical targeting choice when defending against a portal. The 30 ft cone was also fired straight out into the room. Just because they cannot see you and your companions to directly target them doesn't mean they can not or would not blanket the funneled area in AOE.

L2 roll vs Rasso's Spell resistance -18

11 + 11 = 22
    The spell gets through.

Okie dokie, I just had to ask  farao 

And thanks to Josh for the reminder.... Rasso also wears a Necklace of Adaptation, making him immune to the Cloud Kill.

In addition to Josh's Prayer - everyone gets +2 to all attack rolls, skill checks and saves within 30 ft of Rasso
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:45 am

Garth's vision is restored by Jules' quick thinking. Garth cannot help but be impressed by how the gunslinger's deadly hands do their work.

Garth grits his teeth and bellows his battle cry as he steps forward and lays into the stinking corpse before him.

AAAARGH!

Garth begins his Spring Attack with 10 feet of movement to H-24, where he swings with a mighty Mythic(stacks with Greater) Vital Strike on the guy in G-24..

Attack roll: 1d20+36 (18+36)= 54.. Crit Threat!
    Confirmation roll: 1d20+36 (18+36)=54

If no Crit (pretty sure it is..)
    Damage roll: 8d6+184+1d6 cold (6,5,6,6,2,3+184+ 3 cold)= 212+ 3 cold

IF YES on the Crit..shit, now I gotta count the damage..  Twisted Evil 
    Damage roll: 16d6+368+1d6 cold (6,5,6,6,2,3,6,6,6,5,5,4,3,3,2,1+368+ 3 cold)=430+3 cold

..And finishes the movement of his Spring Attack in G-22.

Garth's turn DOES take into account the -1 CON & -2 STR & DEX from Matt, as well as the buffs from Rasso & Jules.

Used 1 use of Mythic Power

Have fun sorting out wether or not this is legal! Very Happy

Last edited by Arcturus2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:53 am

affraid 
    Arcturus2 wrote:
    Damage roll: 16d6+368+1d6 cold (6,5,6,6,2,3,6,6,6,5,5,4,3,3,2,1+368+ 3 cold)=430+3 cold

"You call that a knife mr. undead? Now THAT'S a knife!"
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 am

Chirs2 wrote: affraid 

"You call that a knife mr. undead?  Now THAT'S a knife!"

Cool 
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 am

Goddamn!!  Greater Vital Strike FTW

Knife? That's the damned sword that hte Silver Samurai uses in The Wolverine! Yikes
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:

You hit him so hard.... you knocked him back to AD&D

MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Jules shoulders his rifle in smooth movement and snaps off a shot that blows a gaping hole off the top of the Corpse Guard's skull. He seems unconcerned!

(GM ruling - Undead are not subject to massive damage)

Quickly transitioning from rifle to pistol, simultaneous drawing a wand and smacking Garth upside the head with it, Garth suddenly sees the threat in front of him as the room is revealed in Darkvision.

He lashes out with an expertly timed, brutally powered sword strike, swiftly cleaving downwards with a move the old sword masters call the "Landslide". The blade splits the Corpse Guard in twain, straight down the middle, pulping what was left of it's skull and mangling its ribcage. It collapses in a heap of twisted rot and frozen, crushed bone.

Map is current, Rasso is up, Ignis is on deck

Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm

"Stand down, my old friend, we are not your enemies."  Rasso commands the Skeleton warrior at F-22

Piercing, Command Undead (full round action, +1 spell level)

if he is non-intelligent, he gets no save at all and is under my direct control, but SR if he has it

if he is intelligent, he can save vs Will but won't attack unless we attack him and we get to have an opposed CHA roll to see if he obeys me

Piercing Command Undead as a 3rd lvl spell

WILL save DC 10 + 11 (cha) + 3 (spell level) + 1 (necro focus) +1 (Bloodline Arcana) = 26

If he has SR, Piercing reduces his SR by -5 (effectively adding +5 to my roll)
    Caster Check to overcome SR +16 +6 (spell pen, grt sp, robes) +5 = d20 +27
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +27" :

17 + 27 = 44

Rasso can speak to anything that talks with Permanent Tongues, even though we understood their "welcome"

also, Rasso has Permanent Arcane Sight spell

Arcane Sight
    School divination; Level sorcerer/wizard 3

This spell makes your eyes glow blue and allows you to see magical auras within 120 feet of you. The effect is similar to that of a detect magic spell, but arcane sight does not require concentration and discerns aura location and power more quickly.

You know the location and power of all magical auras within your sight. An aura's power depends on a spell's functioning level or an item's caster level, as noted in the description of the detect magic spell. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Let me know if Rasso sees any magical auras and I can make a spellcraft check as needed

awaiting results, but Rasso is not finished

Last edited by Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 pm

uh, what? Bullshit they aren't subject to massive damage. That's a core rule my friend. I had to go back and look it up but it's in the combat section and is not normally optional.

Just registering my minor outrage at that
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:

..And finishes the movement of his Spring Attack in G-22.

Hey Matt, don't forget Garth moved to G-22 as part of his last attack.

And be prepared for his AoO if Mr. Corpse Guard isn't under Rasso's control and attempts to use another magic ability. Twisted Evil
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:21 pm

whit10 wrote:uh, what?  Bullshit they aren't subject to massive damage.  That's a core rule my friend.  I had to go back and look it up but it's in the combat section and is not normally optional.

Just registering my minor outrage at that

From the PRD -
    "Massive Damage (Optional Rule): If you ever sustain a single attack that deals an amount of damage equal to half your total hit points (minimum 50 points of damage) or more and it doesn't kill you outright, you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save. If this saving throw fails, you die regardless of your current hit points. If you take half your total hit points or more in damage from multiple attacks, no one of which dealt more than half your total hit points (minimum 50), the massive damage rule does not apply.

(GM ruling - Undead are not subject to massive damage).

It is an optional rule, and the GM has taken the option that it will not apply to Undead.

whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:34 pm

bugger... I missed the optional statement, my bad.

still sucks though since that's what you seem to have us facing for a minute!
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Rasso weaves strands of the arcane into hermetic reality, seeking to control the Undead's mind.
    (Thus becoming visible with the casting of the spell)

Corpse Guard save vs WILL

19 + 11 = 30

Target resists, spell fails

"OH NO!" laughs the Corpse Guard  mockingly...."I am UNDER YOUR POWER! HAHAHAHHAHAH!"

Rasso does see some sort of magical aura around the door.

Map update to reflect actual position of Garth.

Rasso has additional actions? Igniss on deck.
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Arcane Sight - power and type of aura (school of magic) on the door?

Spellcraft
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +26" :

2 + 26 = 28

DC 15 + spell level

This is just within sight, does not require concentration or an action.

Dr. Peabody hops up and down on Rasso's shoulder, taunting his failed spell.  Rasso snaps at the monkey, "Do your job and fetch me one of my special Top Flights, monkey."  Dr. Peabody snorts but obeys and reaches into the golf bag (handy haversack).  Dr. Peabody throws a glowing neo-green golf ball at the back of Rasso's head, tipping his bowler hat forward.  Rasso rubs the bump on his noggin and glares at the monkey.  

Like a good golfer, Rasso will play the ball as it lies, using his 9 Iron (Rod of Quickening, lesser) and 1 use of Mythic Power, Rasso chips the glowing green ball into the center of the party.  It explodes into a shower of neon sparks which race about the room like dancing electrons.  The neon sparks collide with and ricochet off the walls, floor and ceiling, but they pass through and are absorbed by the party members.  The dancing electrons raise the molecular vibration of the party members, speeding up the frequency of their very cells!

Mythic Haste (Quickened by Rod)
    Affected creatures gain an additional move action each round. The movement speed increase changes to 50 feet, to a maximum of three times the creature's normal speed for that movement type.

Rasso will float to I-24 on his flying carpet.  Dr. Peabody gives him a monkey thumbs up

Haste Duration 16 rounds
    spells used this round 2 3rds 2\9
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:15 pm

The aura on the door is Strong Necromancy (surprised?!?).

Igniss is up.
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:23 pm

I've been impressed with everyone's PC so far..

Let's see what Ignis can do.

Get 'em!
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm

ah, my bad, I-22 please, I wanted to be in between those 2 pillars (?) and with Garth blocking LOS

MAS wrote:The aura on the door is Strong Necromancy (surprised?!?).

Dr. Peabody hisses at the door and starts rummaging through the golf bag, like Yoda looking for Luke's lamp.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Igniss is up.
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:I've been impressed with everyone's PC so far..

Let's see what Ignis can do.

Get 'em!

Well don't expect no +400 points of damage! I'm still figuring out the crunch of this character.

Ignis takes a deep breath. He recalls the elders teaching him to focus on the inner flame that ignites every one of us. A sorcerous power begins to rise within, a heritage of his djinnic blood line.

"It'sss sssizzilin' time!"

(Free action) cast Mythic Dragon Breath. It's sustainable for 16 minutes and be used 3 times, with a 1d4 rounds recharge period.

*MM Feats:
    ~Intensified
    ~Elemental: Electricity
    Total: +2 spell slots, but Magical Lineage Trait reduces that by one.

Ignis summons the spirit of the Copper Dragon to guide his power. He spews a 30' line of Acid at the undead.
    Reflex: 1/2 damage, SR yes
    16d6 (half Acid/ half Electricity) = 60 damage

5th: 1/7

Recharge: 3 rounds

(Standard) Fires an Elemental Ray of fire at undead.
    30' range touch attack.
    1st attack) 11+14 = 25, 35 Fire Damage.
    2nd) 6+15 = 21, 29 Fire Damage.

Elemental Ray uses per day: 2/10

Meh.That probably didn't even penetrate. Is the Haste attack bonus just a +1? I didn't see it upthread.

Hasted action for a Crossbow Attack:
    15+19 (crit) = 34, 20 damage

Ignis' turn is done. Hold on a move action for if undead tries to flee.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 pm

ranged touch attacks are usually pretty easy unless they have crazy Dex scores.
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Griz has SR 21
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Is the Haste attack bonus just a +1? I didn't see it upthread.

Hasted action for a Crossbow Attack:
    15+19 (crit) = 34, 20 damage

I c\p what the spell description for Mythic Haste says. It doesn't mention the +1 to attack\AC\Ref Saves of regular haste, but the speed gets increased from 30 to 50ft and you get a free move action, not another standard action.

Regular Haste only gives you 1 extra attack if you take a full round attack, not an extra attack of any kind.
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:52 am

Alright. Back off my attack rolls by -1 then.

Forget the x-bow attack, I guess.

Ignis already moves 60', so I guess he's up to 80'?
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:42 am

Robyo wrote:Alright. Back off my attack rolls by -1 then.

Forget the x-bow attack, I guess.

Ignis already moves 60', so I guess he's up to 80'?

I would assume speed goes up to 110' if his normal speed is 60' as a Fire Ele. I think it refers to other effects that also boost speed having a limit, which would be 180', if your normal speed is 60'

the extra move allows fighter types to make full round attacks + move or us Sorcerers to apply metamagic to any spell (not just our perfect one) + move
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Corpse Guard save vs REFLEX =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

9 + 7 = 16

Save Fails

Igniss launches a blast of electrified acid towards the Corpse Gaurd...the acid eats through his armor and bone, but he appears unsinged by the attack's charge.

Igniss continues his fiery assault with two strikes of pure elemental fire. Both score direct hits, leaving the Corpse Guard burnt and charred.

The creature looks significantly damaged by Ignis' burning wrath!

The remaining Corpse Guard, his robes and equipment still aflame in some places, produces a scroll from within his belt...and recites the vile formulae writ upon it. (standard action)

WILL save required from GARTH. (Thats what you get for dealing 400 pts of dmg, lol Wink
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Chirs2 wrote:I would assume speed goes up to 110' if his normal speed is 60' as a Fire Ele.  I think it refers to other effects that also boost speed having a limit, which would be 180', if your normal speed is 60'

the extra move allows fighter types to make full round attacks + move or us Sorcerers to apply metamagic to any spell (not just our perfect one) + move

How are you figuring the speed increase?

I can see the usefulness of extra move actions, as in Quickened spells. It's kind of an expensive MM feat tho.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 pm

AoO for Garth before that spell goes off... Scrolls provoke, since he's standing right next to the baddie
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:50 pm

whit10 wrote:AoO for Garth before that spell goes off... Scrolls provoke, since he's standing right next to the baddie

GM ruling?

If Garth gets his AoO, (he should, that's why I put him there)

He sees the stinking corpse pull out a scroll, and takes his shot. While the vile corpse guard is distracted, Garth hits him with a mighty slice of his Greatsword..

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 36 (16+36)= 52

If that hits, Damage Roll: 2d6+ 23+ 1d6 cold( 5+6+23+2 cold)=34+2 cold.

QUESTION: Can Garth use a feat on his AoO? Greater Vital Strike just states "as part of a single attack"...

Anyway, if Garth can use that feat on his AoO, add 6d6 to the damage. 1,1,3,6,6 = 17 additional damage.

Hopefully that knocks the scroll right out of the stinking bastard's bony mitts!

Otherwise, WILL SAVE: 1D20+ 14 (20+14)=34 (+an additional 4 if versus any fear affect)

HA! Natural 20! That should be an automatic save, shouldn't it?
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 pm

MAS wrote:
    The remaining Corpse Guard, his robes and equipment still aflame in some places, produces a scroll from within his belt...and recites the vile formulae writ upon it. (standard action)

WILL save required from GARTH. (Thats what you get for dealing 400 pts of dmg, lol Wink

What spell is he casting?

Spellcraft before it is cast, if he survives the AoO DC 15 + lvl of spell (free action)

Spellcraft check
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +20" :

8 + 20 = 28

whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't believe that you can use feat on an AoO unless they specify that you can (Combat Reflexes, for example)
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:06 pm

whit10 wrote:I don't believe that you can use feat on an AoO unless they specify that you can (Combat Reflexes, for example)

First of all, that makes no sense.  So you would lose -1 to hit if you had the Feat Wpn Focus, just because it is an AoO?  Or suddenly you couldn't apply your Dex to hit with Wpn Finesse for AoO?  Or suddenly you became non-proficient in wearing your armor, which are also Feats, when making AoO? "Oh wait! I forgot how to swing my sword" (cuz I just lost Martial Wpn prof. Feat)  drunken 

Second, the rules make no mention of Feats not applying or applying in any limited fashion.

Third, they specifically state:

Making an Attack of Opportunity: An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack, and most characters can only make one per round. You don't have to make an attack of opportunity if you don't want to. You make your attack of opportunity at your normal attack bonus, even if you've already attacked in the round.

If Dan quoted Grt Vital Strike as saying "part of any single attack" then it should be totally legal.  Unless there is something different in the GM section, this came straight from CRB under Combat.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:29 pm

sorry, I misspoke.

I can't find anything that refutes Chris... that seems way over-powered though, since it's an AoO.

You can't do two attacks with dual weapon use on an AoO though, that much I know.
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Greater Vital Strike (Combat)

Greater Vital Strike (Combat)You can make a single attack that deals incredible damage. ... Prerequisites: Improved Vital Strike, Vital Strike, base attack bonus +16. Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage. Roll the weapon's damage dice for the attack four times and add...

I think it should be legit, but it's up to the GM.

It's only a measly 17 extra points anyway.. if 36 damage doesn't kill kim outright,53 dmg probably won't either.

It's good to sort issues like this out early in the game.

Last edited by Arcturus2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:35 pm

whit10 wrote:sorry, I misspoke.

I can't find anything that refutes Chris... that seems way over-powered though, since it's an AoO.

You can't do two attacks with dual weapon use on an AoO though, that much I know.

sorry, I wasn't trying to jump on your case about it  Razz 

you are correct, it states a "single melee attack" only. using dual wpns would make it a full round attack action, which isn't allowed. AoO are not "lesser" attacks in anyway, they are meant to be rare, but nasty, imo
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Many feats say if you use it, it is active until your next turn. I think power attack does...
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:56 pm

All good my homie... after yesterday, I don't feel like arguing with anyone.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:50 pm

GM is not on the ball today. Completely spaced AoO threat from adjacent Champions. This Corpse Guard will pay the price for my lack of situational awareness.

Sorry about missing that Crossbow attack Rob. Thats a hit!

I see no reason why one could not use a feat on an AoO. As long as it is a single attack, it looks to be in bounds.

After withstanding the barrage of damage from Igniss, the Corpse Guard draws his scroll and begins to recite the evil spell -

Giving Garth an opening! He quickly slays the Guard with a backhanded slash, scattering its bones in a cloud of flying debris...

The Corpse Guard's head goes twisting, turning, flying through the air....striking the door as it goes.

The door shatters like a pane of brittle glass, and a wave of negative energy rolls through the entire room.

58 damage to ALL Champions, WILL save for half

Map is current, Grizzle is up.
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

5+16=21 will

What does griz see, hear, and smell in the next room?
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Garth's WILL save ( wish I could just apply that last one..)

1d20 + 14 (11+14)= 25

Does that squeak through for 1/2 damage? I doubt it will. .
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Grizzle save FAILS.
    Garth save SUCCESS.

Nothing moves in the 60 ft range of Grizzle's darkvision. The room is silent as a tomb, and it smells of death.
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:31 pm

So are we out of initiative?

If we are, Garth has something to say.

After everyone's saves, of course.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 am