Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Ill Humor

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:24 pm

    Chris, I think you've missed a round or something. New guards went after Igniss, before Grizzle had his turn for round 2.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:28 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:I am not sure about the numbers you are using, but I think Grizzle turned on the first Brightstone on his action during first turn (t1), didn't he?  

    I would call that t1i5  (turn 1, initiative 5)

    INTIATIVE ORDER -

    Garth - 31
    Jules - 24
    Rasso - 24
    L1 - 22
    Igniss - 20
    L2 - 10
    Grizzle - 5

    The 2nd stone was activated on Rasso's action of this turn (t2)  or t2i24

    We are now on t2i5 again, or 1 full turn after Grizz first activated his, which burned from t1i5 to t2i9, just short of 1 full turn, I agree.  

    Perhaps we are not understanding how you want the mechanics of the Brightstone to work.  Each stone needs to burn for 1 full turn, if I understand you.  So Griz's stone only needs to burn from t4i9 to t4i5, to complete it's full turn, which it will do when the suppression effect wears off.

    Rasso's Brightstone is on it's own timer, as I understand it.  It only burned from t2i24 to t2i9, so when it regains its power, at t5i9, it neesd to round the corner and burn until t6i24, to complete its burn.

    Or am I misunderstanding how you are envisioning these Brightstones working?


    Your understanding is correct.

    Each stone is on its own timer. It must complete a full "count to count turn" in order to deliver its effect.

    When the suppression expires, it will burn for its remaining count...assuming it is undisturbed.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:33 pm

    whit10 wrote:Chris, I think you've missed a round or something.  New guards went after Igniss, before Grizzle had his turn for round 2.

    You are correct Josh. Chris copy/pasted the original initiative count. When R3 starts, the "new" guards will be listed properly.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Your understanding is correct.

    Each stone is on its own timer. It must complete a full "count to count turn" in order to deliver its effect.

    When the suppression expires, it will burn for its remaining count...assuming it is undisturbed.

    Ok, so those stones will count and deliver their effect when they finish their burn and we could essentially pop all the stones at once and have them all burn simultaneously, each completing its 'count to count turn' and deliver their full effect?

    I guess I wasn't clear if we needed 3 consecutive turns of daylight or just 3 complete stone burns, but it sounds like the latter?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 am

    Grizzle squeezes through the doorway, sniffing at the invisible gunslinger as he lumbers past. His gate, seemingly unhastened, reveals the wizard's transmutation in sudden bursts of skipped time as grizzle centers his mass at j-17.
    Not as if hunting, but perhaps batting at a pest, grizzle absently claws at #4. He will move on to #7 if #4 drops:

    Power attack: -4/+8

    18+26+1=45 claw
    Dmg: 3+28+10(holy)=41
    Grab: 12+39=51

    17+26+1=44 bite
    Dmg: 9+28+10=47

    Yuck... Petrified shoe leather...spit

    7+26+1=34 claw; surge if he needs it
    Dmg: 10+28+4=42
    Grab:17+39=56
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:44 am

    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Your understanding is correct.

    Each stone is on its own timer. It must complete a full "count to count turn" in order to deliver its effect.

    When the suppression expires, it will burn for its remaining count...assuming it is undisturbed.

    Ok, so those stones will count and deliver their effect when they finish their burn and we could essentially pop all the stones at once and have them all burn simultaneously, each completing its 'count to count turn' and deliver their full effect?

    I guess I wasn't clear if we needed 3 consecutive turns of daylight or just 3 complete stone burns, but it sounds like the latter?

    Ah, I see your question. If they all happened at once, it wouldnt be 3 rounds. It would be one single (well lit) round.

    Clarification - 3 whole but separate rounds. 18 seconds total.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 am

    navyik wrote:Grizzle squeezes through the doorway, sniffing at the invisible gunslinger as he lumbers past.  His gate, seemingly unhastened, reveals the wizard's transmutation in sudden bursts of skipped time as grizzle centers his mass at j-17.
     Not as if hunting, but perhaps batting at a pest, grizzle absently claws at #4.  He will move on to #7 if #4 drops:

    Power attack:  -4/+8

    18+26+1=45 claw
    Dmg: 3+28+10(holy)=41
    Grab: 12+39=51

    17+26+1=44 bite
    Dmg: 9+28+10=47

    Yuck... Petrified shoe leather...spit

    7+26+1=34 claw; surge if he needs it
    Dmg: 10+28+4=42
    Grab:17+39=56

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:08 pm

    MAS wrote:[

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!

    Yeesh they're tough... He's grappled, right?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:20 pm

    navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:[

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!

    Yeesh they're tough... He's grappled, right?

    He is grappled, and still standing only by the loosest sense of the term Wink
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:40 pm

    navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:[

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!

    Yeesh they're tough... He's grappled, right?

    did you remember to add +1 dam per attack from Josh's prayer?
    and a total of +3 to hit from all buffs?
    same +3 for saves and skill checks
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:01 pm

    Why no i didnt...
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

    +3 damage recorded for Grizzles attack. The Corpse Guard is still (now only very very barely) on its feet.

    End of round 2








    Round 3 Initiative count:
    Jules - 24a
    cg#4 - 24b
    Garth - 24c
    cg#5 - 24d
    Rasso - 24e
    cg#6 - 24f
    Igniss - 20
    cg#7 - 17a
    cg#8 -17b
    cg#9 -13a
    cg#10 -13b
    cg#11 -9a
    cg#12 -9b

    Grizzle - 5




    (As the round begins) The sounds of a tremendous gong rolls through the room, its sickening bass frequency thumping through the Champions skulls...a revolting, vibrational rot of pure negative energy...the same as the one that assaulted them when the door broke open.

    Unidentified effect damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "14d6" :

    4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 1 = 44

    44 negative energy damage to All Champions, WILL save for half.

    As the putrid vibrations dissipate, the Corpse Guards who have been injured seem to regenerate - smashed bones mending and rotten flesh growing back where it had been blasted away...




    Jules is up
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:49 pm

    Garth WILL save: 1d20+12 (14+12)=29


    Last edited by Arcturus2 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:52 pm

    Will save
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +25" :

    17 + 25 = 42

    remember, you are all +3 to saves from Rasso and Jules

    spells used:
    1st 2\9
    3rd 4\9
    5th 3\8
    6th 2\8

    Lesser Quicken Rod 2\3
    Mythic Power 3\5

    HP 89\140


    Last edited by Chirs2 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:33 pm

    Jules Will Save:

    Roll(1d20)+22:
    15,+22
    Total:37

    22 damage, I think
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

    Jules attacks: (with haste) targeting the dead guy next to Rasso

    Full attack: 5 shots.  all are ranged touch attacks

    Two-weapon, first attack:


    Roll(1d20)+22:
    8,+22
    Total:30

    Roll(1d20)+22:
    9,+22
    Total:31

    Damage: assuming that both hit

    Roll(1d8)+9:
    2,+9
    Total:11
    plus 1d6 cold:  
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    5,+0
    Total:5 - Total: 16  

    Roll(1d8)+9:
    7,+9
    Total:16
    plus 1d6 elec.
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    3,+0
    Total:3  - Total 19

    2nd Attack action
    Roll(1d20)+19:
    19,+19
    Total:38

    Critical threat:
    confirm:
    Roll(1d20)+19:
    18,+19
    Total:37

    Confirmed:
    Damage:
    Roll(5d8)+45:
    8,3,4,3,4,+45
    Total:67  plus 1d6 cold:
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    6,+0
    Total:6  Total of 73

    3rd attack action:
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    15,+14
    Total:29

    Not sure if hits, if so:

    Roll(1d8)+9:
    2,+9
    Total:11  plus 1d6 elec.
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    1,+0
    Total:1
    pfft, wasted shot.

    Hasted Attack: at highest attack value
    Roll(1d20)+24:
    7,+24
    Total:31

    If hits, Damage:
    Roll(1d8)+9:
    7,+9
    Total:16  plus 1d6 cold
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    6,+0
    Total:6  Total of 15

    Distant Barrage attack, spending one use of Mythic Power for one additional attack at highest bonus, all damage gets through DR if it hits.  Add Tier to attack bonus.

    Roll(1d20)+25:
    19,+25
    Total:44

    Crit threat!
    Confirm:
    Roll(1d20)+25:
    8,+25
    Total:33
    not sure if that confirms but I'll roll damage for now and you can tell me if it wasn't a crit.

    Roll(5d8)+45:
    2,4,2,7,8,+45
    Total:68
    plus 1d6 elec.
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    3,+0
    Total:3

    71 damage, no DR.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:04 pm

    7+13=20 will
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:32 am

    MAS wrote:
    That was 2 touch attacks for a total of 13 Negative energy damage.

    Igniss saves are SUCCESS.

    Your FORT save is listed on your character sheet as +9 - I know there have been buffs cast, can you please refresh my memory where the other +7 are from?

    My mistake. Ignis' current Fort is +15 = +9 base, +4 robe of the magi, +2 Con (Elemental Body iv)... so I was 1 point too high on my earlier post...

    Likewise, his current Reflex is +17 = +10 base, +4 robe of the magi, +6 Dex (Elemental Body iv)
    And his current Will is +17 = +13 base, +4 robe of the magi

    MAS wrote:Unidentified effect damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "14d6" :

    4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 4 + 6 + 1 = 44

    44 negative energy damage to All Champions, WILL save for half.

    Will save: 17 + 8 = 25
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 am

    Chirs2 wrote:

    remember, you are all +3 to saves, attacks and skill checks from Rasso and Jules

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

    WILL Save results:

    Garth = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Igniss = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Jules = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Rasso = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Grizzle = FAIL, 44 neg energy
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 am

    Oh... Griz will is 23 then...
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:23 am

    Josh -

    Please confirm -

    Damage from 1st attack action = 35 (5 cold and 3 electricity)
    Damage from 2nd attack action = 73 (6 of which are cold)
    Damage from 3rd attack action = 11 ? (1 electricity)
    Damage from 4th attack = 22 (6 cold)
    Damage from 5th attack = 71 (3 of which are electricity)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:25 am

    MAS wrote:WILL Save results:

    Garth = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Igniss = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Jules = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Rasso = SUCCESS, 22 neg energy dmg
    Grizzle = FAIL, 44 neg energy

    With +3 mod, Grizzle save = FAIL, 44 neg energy dmg
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:29 am

    MAS wrote:Josh -

    Please confirm -

    Damage from 1st attack action = 35 (5 cold and 3 electricity)
    Damage from 2nd attack action = 73 (6 of which are cold)
    Damage from 3rd attack action = 11 ? (1 electricity)
    Damage from 4th attack = 22  (6 cold)
    Damage from 5th attack = 71 (3 of which are electricity)

    We can move forward ASA confirmed.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

    No:

    1st shot - 16 damage (5 - cold)
    2nd shot - 19 damage (3 - elec.)
    3rd shot - 73 damage, crit (6 - cold)
    4th shot - 11 damage (1 - elec.)
    5th shot - 15 damage (6 - cold) Hasted attack
    6th shot - 71 damage (3- elec.) NO DR, Distant Barrage Mythic power

    that should be correct
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 pm

    Jules launches a furious attack, filling the air with fire, lead, and death. The entire barrage of bullets lands squarely on target, ripping the Corpse Guard to shreds. It falls in a motionless heap.




    Corpse Guard #4 (L-19) is backed into a corner and knows it. He stands motionless....and then raises a hand quickly, points a finger at Grizzle and snaps off a spell faster than Grizzle can anticipate.
    PZZZZZAP!

    Cast spell, magic missile - quickened. (swift action)
    Casting a quickened spell does not provoke AoO.

    Damage roll:
    Result of the throw of dice "5d4 +5" :

    2 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 18

    Spell resistance roll:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    12 + 11 = 23

    Grizzle takes 18 dmg







    Garth is up.


    Last edited by MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  navyik on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 pm

    Griz has "shield" on him. plink goes the corpses spell as it bounces harmlessly off of it.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm

    navyik wrote:Griz has "shield" on him.  plink goes the corpses spell as it bounces harmlessly off of it.

    Roger that - Garth is up.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

    *table talk - Dan, if I may make a suggestion, try to take out #9. 5 and 6 are dazed

    the others are clumped up and (hopefully) Igniss and Rasso can take them out with AoE, if we work together
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:54 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:*table talk - Dan, if I may make a suggestion, try to take out #9. 5 and 6 are dazed

    the others are clumped up and (hopefully) Igniss and Rasso can take them out with AoE, if we work together

    yeah i remember from the other day the two Garth is adjacent to are stunned.

    I'll ignore them.

    Will post turn ASAP tonight, sorry for delay.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:

    remember, you are all +3 to saves, attacks and skill checks from Rasso and Jules


    Thanks for the reminder!  cheers 


    GM: Negative energy attack has no spell resistance? If it's not a spell, maybe it's a trap or hazard of some type?

    Ignis' Knowledge: Arcana check = 10+3+12 = 25


    Ignis' green bar status is at 61%

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:41 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:

    remember, you are all +3 to saves, attacks and skill checks from Rasso and Jules


    Thanks for the reminder!  cheers 


    GM: Negative energy attack has no spell resistance? If it's not a spell, maybe it's a trap or hazard of some type?

    Ignis' Knowledge: Arcana check = 10+3+12 = 25


    Ignis' green bar status is at 61%


    Correct, it is not a spell and SR does not apply.

    Igniss is certain that the yet-to-be identified effect is Necromantic magic, and would require a caster greater than 9th level to generate the same effect. Far greater.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder!  cheers 

    GM: Negative energy attack has no spell resistance? If it's not a spell, maybe it's a trap or hazard of some type?
    Ignis' Knowledge: Arcana check = 10+3+12 = 25
    Ignis' green bar status is at 61%

    Aside from the absent cleric, it reads just like a Channel energy attack from an evil cleric - d6 per level, area affect, heal undead (neg energy) hurt us.  If it is this type, either from an unseen cleric or the room or whatever, it wouldn't allow for SR, since it isn't a spell or spell-like ability.  But it is worth asking!

    in the same vain.... Rasso doesn't see an invisible cleric by any chance or the magical auras from any giant evil gongs of doom?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:40 pm

    Damn fine question Chris.

    my only bit of table talk is that I'm trying to cover the casters while the melee guys do their thing.

    and BTW for the GM: Jules HP: 170/192, -2 to Dex and Str. (offset for the moment by Prayer) 4 rounds left on the prayer, all other spells have a duration of minutes
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 am

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder!  cheers 

    GM: Negative energy attack has no spell resistance? If it's not a spell, maybe it's a trap or hazard of some type?
    Ignis' Knowledge: Arcana check = 10+3+12 = 25
    Ignis' green bar status is at 61%

    Aside from the absent cleric, it reads just like a Channel energy attack from an evil cleric - d6 per level, area affect, heal undead (neg energy) hurt us.  If it is this type, either from an unseen cleric or the room or whatever, it wouldn't allow for SR, since it isn't a spell or spell-like ability.  But it is worth asking!

    in the same vain.... Rasso doesn't see an invisible cleric by any chance or the magical auras from any giant evil gongs of doom?

    lol ! Rasso sees neither invisible Clerics nor Gongs of Doom. All will be revealed in the after-action review....
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48 am

    Garth drops his bright stone near the feet of the stunned corpse guards. (as a free action)

    "Peabody, light that rock up!" he hollers.

    He can see the guards he's near are out of the fight for a bit, so he turns his attention to the rest of the room.

    Thanks to Jules' wand slap, he can still see clearly and spots the next closest corpse guard, by the wall behind him. He sees more of the rotten bastards farther back by a raised dias. Holding his sword like a baseball bat,
    he charges..

    Spring Attack! Garth runs past the bad guy in A-12, swinging his huge sword as he goes. Spend one mythic power for a mythic vital strike.

    Attack roll: 1d20 + 39 (20+39)= 59
    Haha! Crit threat!
    Confirmation roll: 1d20 + 39 (15+39)=54

    Assume that's good enough to confirm, so damage roll:

    16d6+ 368+1d6 cold (1,1,2,2,3,3,3,6,6,1,1,2,3,5,5,6,6+368+ 6 cold)=446 + 6 cold.

    Garth feels his blade strike true as he rushes past the animated corpse.

    His dash ends in square F-5.

    Unless Garth is granted an additional attack by the haste (I don't think so),

    He's done.

    mythic uses 2/5 hp 188/270
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:54 am

    Dan -

    "Activate a magic item other than a potion or oil" is a standard action - unless you're dropping the Brightstone without activating it?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:56 am

    Arcturus2 wrote:Garth drops his bright stone near the feet of the stunned corpse guards. (as a free action)

    "Peabody, light that rock up!" he hollers.

    16d6+ 368+1d6 cold (1,1,2,2,3,3,3,6,6,1,1,2,3,5,5,6,6+368+ 6 cold)=446 + 6 cold.

    tactic noted, awesome job
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    I have an idea about a corner, depending on what GM says about how the Brightstones function.... I am not sure I understand how they are supposed to work


    Still got that idea?


    MAS wrote:Dan -
    "Activate a magic item other than a potion or oil" is a standard action - unless you're dropping the Brightstone without activating it?

    Just dropping it. Actions stand as stated.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:03 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:
    Chirs2 wrote:
    I have an idea about a corner, depending on what GM says about how the Brightstones function....  I am not sure I understand how they are supposed to work


    Still got that idea?


    MAS wrote:Dan -
    "Activate a magic item other than a potion or oil" is a standard action - unless you're dropping the Brightstone without activating it?

    Just dropping it. Actions stand as stated.

    Roger that, good copy. Dropping it so the monkey can activate it....

    Stand by -
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:21 pm

    Hate to be nit picky - but garth CAN NOT see the guards at the far end of the room at the start of his move. Darkvision is 60 ft. It wont change his actions - the room was lit so he did see them back there prior to new blackout, and they come into view as he does his spring attack - but I want you to be aware.

    Darkvision range is 60 feet. 12 squares straight line.




    Garths drops the BrightStone, barks an order to Peabody, and begins his attack-in-motion. Without slowing, he carves through the guard as he moves - the Corpse crumbles into a semi-exploded pulp of maimed unlife.



    Rasso is up, Igniss on Deck.

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 pm

    quick GM questions - forgive me if I asked this already, I can't remember.... are those hallways actually hallways? like at 7-8 and 14-16 or solid walls all around

    also - do we know if all the guards came out of the phylacteries or just the ones we have seen recently?

    The initial guards had a description like "materialized and cast a readied action" when someone entered the room. Then later the descriptions have involved a sliding door or something on the phylacteries themselves. I am just trying to make sure I understand since the descriptions have changed.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:55 pm

    GM-

    Garh had a general idea where they were, before the lights went out. He used his darkvision to finish his movement after the obliteration of the corpse in A-12. Sound fair enough?

    Good copy Re: darkvision mechanics.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:44 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:quick GM questions - forgive me if I asked this already, I can't remember.... are those hallways actually hallways?  like at 7-8 and 14-16 or solid walls all around

    also - do we know if all the guards came out of the phylacteries or just the ones we have seen recently?  

    The initial guards had a description like "materialized and cast a readied action" when someone entered the room.  Then later the descriptions have involved a sliding door or something on the phylacteries themselves.  I am just trying to make sure I understand since the descriptions have changed.

    There are no hallways leading out of the room. I cut and pasted the same texture to fill in what I did not want present on the map.

    You know what you have observed. In some cases, the guards materialized into sight, and in others, they entered the room through secret doors on the phylactery pillars.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:45 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:GM-

    Garh had a general idea where they were, before the lights went out. He used his darkvision to finish his movement after the obliteration of the corpse in A-12. Sound fair enough?

    Good copy Re: darkvision mechanics.

    Roger, as stated - it didnt effect you this time because you knew where they were a few seconds ago and then your move carried you into sight range. Just wanted you to be aware of the range.

    Rasso is up, Igniss on deck.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:57 pm

    MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:[

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!

    Yeesh they're tough... He's grappled, right?

    He is grappled, and still standing only by the loosest sense of the term Wink

    No point in a ret-con here, since Griz had shield, but being Grappled is different than provoking an AoO. He can't cast while grappled, without a Concentration check = 10 + Griz CMB + spell level

    Concentration = d20 + caster's level (no attribute)

    just for future reference....
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:10 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:[

    Grizzle savages the Corpse Guard with his natural weapons...shredding, crushing, and mangling the undead sentry with claw and tooth. It teeters precariously on what little is left of its skeletal frame, still standing despite the onslaught.

    Stand by for round 3!

    Yeesh they're tough... He's grappled, right?

    He is grappled, and still standing only by the loosest sense of the term Wink

    No point in a ret-con here, since Griz had shield, but being Grappled is different than provoking an AoO.  He can't cast while grappled, without a Concentration check = 10 + Griz CMB + spell level

    Concentration = d20 + caster's level (no attribute)

    just for future reference....

    Good catch, thanks, I forgot he was grappled - condition added to tracker. Spell slot burned as self punishment.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Chirs2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:30 pm

    Dr. Peabody will use 1 move action (+50ft spd mythic haste) to B-16, pick up Garth's stone (Mythic haste extra action) and then finish his movement at G-12 (Griz's stone). Dr Peabody will use his standard action to activate Garth's stone.

    Move Action - Rasso will float to G-12 with the fuzzy Dr.

    Swift Action - cast Quickened Black Tentacles - target F\G 3\4.   (sorry Garth, you can save)  as an 8th
    Standard Action - cast Selective Black Tentacles - target I\J 12\13  as a 5th
    Hero Point for extra standard action - cast Selective Black Tentacles - target C\D 12\13 as a 5th

    all party members are De-Selected as targets

    spells last 16 rds

    Free action - use Sipping Jacket for the potion stored within, cure serious 3d8+5
    Result of the throw of dice "3d8 +5" :
    2 + 6 + 7 + 5 = 20

    This spell causes a field of rubbery black tentacles to appear, burrowing up from the floor and reaching for any creature in the area.

    Every creature within the area of the spell is the target of a combat maneuver check made to grapple each round at the beginning of your turn, including the round that black tentacles is cast. Creatures that enter the area of effect are also automatically attacked. The tentacles do not provoke attacks of opportunity. When determining the tentacles' CMB, the tentacles use your caster level as their base attack bonus and receive a +4 bonus due to their Strength and a +1 size bonus. Roll only once for the entire spell effect each round and apply the result to all creatures in the area of effect.

    If the tentacles succeed in grappling a foe, that foe takes 1d6+4 points of damage and gains the grappled condition. Grappled opponents cannot move without first breaking the grapple. All other movement is prohibited unless the creature breaks the grapple first. The black tentacles spell receives a +5 bonus on grapple checks made against opponents it is already grappling, but cannot move foes or pin foes. Each round that black tentacles succeeds on a grapple check, it deals an additional 1d6+4 points of damage. The CMD of black tentacles, for the purposes of escaping the grapple, is equal to 10 + its CMB.

    The tentacles created by this spell cannot be damaged, but they can be dispelled as normal. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the tentacles last.




    Tentacle CMB = 16 (caster level) + 4 (str) + 1 size + 2 prayer + 2 candle = +25 CMB to grapple

    their CMD = 10 + BAB + str bonus + dex bonus + size 0

    1st BT to grapple 2 + Garth
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +25" :

    10 + 25 = 35 vs their CMD

    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +4" :

    5 + 4 = 9


    2nd BT to grapple 2 in top of room
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +25" :

    17 + 25 = 42 vs their CMD

    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +4" :

    1 + 4 = 5

    3rd BT has no targets yet


    Rasso peers deeply into the well of the Abyss.... and Abyss looks back.  Rasso recalls a few nights lost to an opium indulgence in Bangkok.... he can smell the thick perfumed air, he can feel the young supple hands of both young men and young women caressing his body.  Rasso remembered feeling like he was being massaged by an octopus with so many tentacles.  

    Rasso's mind and reality begin to blend.  Rasso can smell the opium haze around him, he can feel dozens of hands reaching, caressing, grabbing all around him.  The Black Tentacles rise up from the Abyss of Rasso's psyche, touching, groping, entwining the Corpse Guards.  The Black Tentacles twist between bones, searching.... probing.... until they reach the head.  Then the Tentacles begin to pulse, no..... throb with excitement as they penetrate the eye holes of the long dead skulls, thrusting in and out repeatedly.

    Dr. Peabody turns his head and looks at Rasso in disgust.  Rasso is reminded of the London Times article that ran about him on June 9th, 1854 deriding him as a drug experimenter and naming him "the wickedest man in the world".  Rasso returns his attention to the present and smiles at his perverted Lovecraftian handi-work.


    **I know that is a mess of stuff, I think I got everything right, let me know if you see any errors and I will try to correct.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:52 pm

    lol! 
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  MAS on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:42 pm

    About to head out of town - Nicole and I are going north a few hours.Taking her on her first trout fishing adventure tomorrow!

    Ill be back tomorrow afternoon/evening, and we will resume then.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ill Humor

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:45 pm