Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Cairo Express

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 pm

    ah, my bad. Any position around corners or behind buildings grants partial cover. Roof tops grant the same.

    The shapes you see are all advancing or, appear to be looking in your direction.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 pm

    whit10 wrote:ah, my bad.  Any position around corners or behind buildings grants partial cover.  Roof tops grant the same.

    The shapes you see are all advancing or, appear to be looking in your direction.

    Juts put me on a corner then, no worries.

    Are they visibly armed?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm

    whit10 wrote:
    The shapes you see are all advancing or, appear to be looking in your direction.

    is the guy at 0501 looking at me (hiding) or just at the crates\car?

    also waiting on the answer to whether they are visibly armed

    but probably remaining in hiding and setting a readied action to shoot if they draw weapons or do something that appears obviously as a threat to us
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 pm

    you can always hold your action until they go...

    Chris, yes, you can see weapons.  Guy on top of the building SE of you has something in his hand... looks like a stick?  Guys to the south are armed with what look like crossbows under cloaks.  The others are not visibly armed.


    Chris, none of them seem to see you (awful damned dice)

    Matt, no.  Not that you can see at the moment.  (they're trying to be sneaky)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 am

    whit10 wrote:
    Chris, yes, you can see weapons.  Guy on top of the building SE of you has something in his hand... looks like a stick?  Guys to the south are armed with what look like crossbows under cloaks.  The others are not visibly armed.

    Ok, fuck it, if they are cops they should have announced themselves.  JT calls out, "IT'S A TRAP!"

    Chris wrote:JT slips into the shadow on the West side of the 1st building, NE from the car and the crate.  I am not sure which hex you want, to me it looks like 0603 would be up against that building since it is partially open.   JT is watching the wharf, the car and the crate.

    Darkvision 60ft

    JT has his MW hvy pistol drawn and ready.

    JT takes aim at the guy on the roof of the SE with the "stick" (JT figures TNT)

    enemy gets no Dex bonus, as he is Flatfooted since he has not yet acted in combat.  Enemy within 30' is point blank shot and sneak attack eligible (JT can take a 5ft step south if you disagree with my hex counting)

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    15,+9
    Total:24

    if that hits
    Roll(1d10)+1:
    8,+1
    Total:9

    sneak attack
    Roll(3d6)+0:
    6,6,2,+0
    Total:14

    +2 to hit and damage if he happens to be undead

    move action - holster his pistol
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:43 am

    Olivia quaffs a potion of protection from evil.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:07 am

    guys, I'm really sorry, I forgot to save this map on my external this morning... will have to update tonight
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am

    While your at it, Ill ask ahead of time -

    My perception roll was 24 - can I tell the humanoid-subtype of the assailants?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:08 pm

    damn, no idea where I got the idea that you had a lower Perception check Matt, sorry about that.

    they all appear to be human
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:02 pm

    whit10 wrote:damn, no idea where I got the idea that you had a lower Perception check Matt, sorry about that.

    they all appear to be human

    All good, standing by for CJC's turn.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:19 pm



    JT nails the rogue with the stick, he drops it in panic, cursing in Egyptian.

    The workmen start to scatter in panic (they have only half finished loading the goods).  

    Olivia quaffs her potion.

    Elliot is up
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:58 am

    Elliot has a higher Dex than Olivia he goes before her.

    On her turn, Olivia will use said standard action (potion), then hold her move action. Trigger: Anyone firing at the car, she will pull the car ahead and drive towards the truck she saw earlier.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 am

    ok, but the workmen didn't finish loading the car, just so you know.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25 am

    whit10 wrote:ok, but the workmen didn't finish loading the car, just so you know.

    wait, I am confused, the workmen finished loading on the last page, before we rolled initiative

    whit10 wrote:Olivia and JT... you think you see a truck come pulling up down the road as it turns off to the left (the route you would normally be following).

    Elliot:  the workers accept the shillings (or whatever) gladly.  They finish loading in about one minute.

    For purposes of keeping things clear from here on, may I have initiative rolls please.

    We will have to wait for Alan to catch up here as well
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 am

    Then there is this:
    whit10 wrote:The workmen start to scatter in panic (they have only half finished loading the goods).

    Even if they haven't finished, seems like they aren't going to anyways. At least while the fight is on.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:33 am

    right, but it makes a big difference.....

    I think we (or at least some of us) were under the impression they had finished, received their tip and we were getting ready to leave.  below was immediately after GM said they had finished in a minute

    Arcturus2 wrote:

    Elliot thanks the men and gives them a tip.

    He takes his spot on the passenger's side running board and is ready to go.


    we can't leave b\c now the goods are not loaded when they were finished before initiative started....
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 pm

    I'll hold Elliot until we get this sorted out.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:07 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:I'll hold Elliot until we get this sorted out.

    yeah, I am not trying to make a stink, but I wouldn't have opened fire if the workers were still loading.  I shot because I was under the impression that they were finished (per GM), Elliot tipped them and got on the car (in response).  

    In other words, I started combat because I thought we were ready to leave.  I would have given the workers more time to finish if I knew they were still working.

    but whatever, I am already tired of all the confusion retcons. just play on.....
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm

    it was my mistake and oversight. For the sake of compromise, the workers dropped the last two packages on the ground next to the car as they run. They weigh about 50lbs per package. Otherwise the rest are loaded.

    Sorry, still getting used to running this.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 pm

    whit10 wrote:it was my mistake and oversight.  For the sake of compromise, the workers dropped the last two packages on the ground next to the car as they run.  They weigh about 50lbs per package.  Otherwise the rest are loaded.

    Sorry, still getting used to running this.

    No problem.

    If that's the final answer, Elliot will shout "cover me!" and begin to load the last two packages.

    I should think that his turn would be enough to toss in at least one..

    Remind me - are we using hero points in this?

    If so, I may use one to do additional loading, depending on how much loading Josh says Elliot can accomplish as his full round action.

    So, not sure if I'm done yet, waiting to see how much Elliot can load and if he can use hero points to do more.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:16 pm

    We are using Hero Points, you all started with 3. Remember to look up how they get used and regained.

    Picking up an item is normally a move action. Throwing something is usually a standard action. If you choose to spend a Hero point, you can toss them both in but you'd need a strength check of DC 15 to get the second one in on the same action (if you spend the Hero Point) or, if your hands are free, you could make a strength check to try and grab them both and toss them in as a full round action, DC 20 w/o spending the Hero Point.

    Sound fair?
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 pm

    Sounds fair. Thanks.

    Elliot will spend the hero point to toss them both in. Strength check on DC 15: 1d20+2 (14+2)=16

    Elliot should just barely squeak it in.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:28 pm

    Elliot uses his considerable strength to throw the final carpets into the rear of the car.

    The southern most opponents, seeing that they have lost the element of surprise, drop their crossbows, and pull long curved daggers as they dash towards the nearest target.... Mr. Rothschild III!

    Attack: (with sneak as you are flat-footed until you act for the first time)

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    11,+5
    Total:16

    a miss!

    Second attack (same type)

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    11,+5
    Total:16 (bugger!)

    also a miss!

    The rogue northern most (not far from JT) lowers his crossbow and fires at one of the car's tires...

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    18,+6
    Total:24

    He hits the tire..

    Roll(1d8)+0:
    6,+0
    Total:6

    ...puncturing it completely. (driver's side, front) -2 on all Drive checks until repaired.

    the shadow that was winged by JT pulls out a pistol and fires at the Olivia (who has partial cover)

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    4,+6
    Total:10

    (well the GM's dice kinda sucked, lol)

    all other opponents move as marked. Keep in mind that several of these warehouses grant obstruct your view.



    The Colonel is up

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:34 pm

    ah, the GM just realized that CR III would actually be flat-footed and lose his Dex bonus vs. those attacks, which equals a 16 AC. As it was my fuck-up, I'll rule that only one attack actually hits you.

    Roll(1d4)+1:
    4,+1
    Total:5

    Roll(2d6)+0:
    5,4,+0
    Total:9

    Roll(1d4)+1:
    4,+1
    Total:5

    CR III takes 14 points of damage
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:56 pm

    Swift action, Bane: Rifle is now "Humanoid, Human" Bane weapon = +2/+2d6 vs humans.
    Feat, Rapid shot: Extra attack, both attacks at -2
    Feat, Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 under 30ft
    Rifle is loaded with +1 ammunition
    Target is within 1st range increment, attack is vs. touch AC

    Both attacks are +8/+2d6+2

    Attack One:

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    14 + 8 = 22

    If hits

    Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +2d6 +2" :

    9 + 5 + 1 + 2 = 17


    Attack two:

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    8 + 8 = 16

    If hits

    Result of the throw of dice "1d12 +2d6 +2" :

    7 + 4 + 6 + 2 = 19

    Unless touch AC is greater than 15, Total DMG = 36




    (Hmm, an ambush. How unexpected...) muses Jim Corbett as he smoothly brings his rifle to shoulder, aiming center mass at the charging attacker 10 feet north of his position. (This ought to cool the cheeky bastard) he murmurs wryly, leaning slightly forward to steady his shot....BOOM!....a fluid, almost imperceptible flick of the wrist as he works the rifle's lever without breaking aim...BOOM!


    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:11 pm

    Colonel Corbett brings down the rogue with skill and ease. He crumples in a heap after a shot to the chest and head.

    CR III is up.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  navyik on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:23 pm

    CR3 is only off guard due to the expectation that he would have to run them down. The sting of the blow is weaker than the wound to his pride and he flows keenly into motion.
    Lashing out at the offending attacker, CR3 leaps with a kick to the solar plexus. (Stun) Then, using his target's chest to plant his foot, the suddenly not-so-mild butler spins back with the other foot toward the villain's companion.

    Flurry:
    Roll of 20+8= 28
    Crit conf. Roll 12+8+1=21
    Dmg: 8+4=12 (24 if crit)
    Stun Dc 16

    2nd att: 3+8=11
    Dmg if hit: 7+4=11
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:27 pm

    What is the hardness of rubber tires? Even if punctured, I can't believe it would go flat instantly.

    As stated earlier, Olivia will use her move action to drive the car if anyone attacked it. She is heading towards the truck she saw earlier.

    Drive check: 17 + 6 -2(penalty) = 21
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 pm

    you're leaving everyone behind? you're the only one in the car. You make you check if that's your action though
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:02 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    As stated earlier, Olivia will use her move action to drive the car if anyone attacked it. She is heading towards the truck she saw earlier.

    JT nods at Olivia in approval as she races away. "Getting the rugs out of here is a good idea, we can handle the riff raff" JT thinks to himself.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:12 am

    navyik wrote:CR3 is only off guard due to the expectation that he would have to run them down.  The sting of the blow is weaker than the wound to his pride and he flows keenly into motion.
     Lashing out at the offending attacker, CR3 leaps with a kick to the solar plexus. (Stun)  Then, using his target's chest to plant his foot, the suddenly not-so-mild butler spins back with the other foot toward the villain's companion.

    Flurry:
    Roll of 20+8= 28
    Crit conf. Roll 12+8+1=21
    Dmg: 8+4=12  (24 if crit)
    Stun Dc 16

    2nd att: 3+8=11
    Dmg if hit: 7+4=11

    CJC chuckles as he recognizes the familiar sound of Rothschild's foot connecting with someones chest...."They never see it coming, poor blokes!"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:22 am

    The target of CR IIIs blows shakes off the stun effect but takes considerable damage, he's looking rather woozy.

    The car begins to speed down the road driven by Olivia.



    Map is current. Round 2 begins.

    JT is up.

    Note: I will be at the state conference for our public defender system for the next three days so updates will be a bit more sporadic until Tuesday night. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:07 am

    I am also at said conference, but I already called and there is free Wi-Fi through out the whole convention center and all rooms Twisted Evil

    JT will move (spd 30) to 0507 and gain flanking vs thief at 0406 with RG3-PO.  Quick draw +1 dwarven trench axe as he moves, swinging 2H +9 to hit, +2 for flanking

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    17,+11
    Total:28

    if that hits, damage + sneak for flanking (uncanny dodge doesn't save him)

    1d10+7 (2h)

    Roll(1d10)+7:
    9,+7
    Total:16

    sneak attack damage
    Roll(3d6)+0:
    4,2,4,+0
    Total:10

    total = 26

    JT does a double take at RG3-P0.  Surely his dwarven eyes did NOT just see the Col Jimbo's butler deliver a series of expertly delivered kicks??  No, it must have been a trick of the lighting.  JT is concerned for the Colonel's hireling.  JT dashes across the street, pulling his lucky (+1) trench spade from under his coat in a blur of motion.  JT gets in behind his enemy, just like he used to do against German look-outs.  wait until they are distracted.... then take them out, real quiet like.  Yes, this is the sapper's way.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 am

    The rogue that JT attacks is staggered after the vicious blow he was struck.

    Elliot is up.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:31 pm

    Elliot draws Lucy, his .45 pistol, and takes 2 shots at the guy in 0406.

    "C'mon guys, let's skedaddle!" He shouts.

    Attack 1 1d20+9 (15+9)=24
    If that hits: 1d10+4 (4+4)=8

    Attack 2 1d20+4 (10+4)=14
    If that hits: 1d10 + 4 ( 8+4)=12
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:16 am

    Before I take my turn, I am wondering: did Olivia make it to the mysterious truck? What does she see after her movement last round?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 am

    "Bloody woman left us here!!!"....exclaims CJC..."But at least she cleared a firing lane for me."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:33 pm

    Elliot plugs the rogue, but he's still on his feet.

    Olivia: you can see the truck more clearly. I'm not updating the map yet but you can see it parked right in the middle of the road up ahead and to the left.

    (stating at 1703 and jutting diagonally to 1904)

    is that descriptive enough?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 am

    Drive up in front of the truck so the vehicles are nose-to-nose. Prepared to jump out (held action) in case they open fire.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:40 am

    I'm going to update this later today or early tonight, just got back to work today and I have a ton to do. Sorry for the delay.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm

    Olivia gains speed as she drives down the street.... as she passes the first row of warehouses, two crossbow bolts are shot from the shadows on the right: note, the AC to hit the car is 15 (at least regards damaging it), the tires have an AC of 17 (smaller target)

    Attack one:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    9,+6
    Total:15

    Attack two:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    6,+6
    Total:12

    ack! bad dice again... they both miss the car and then drop their crossbows and dart into the shadows.

    Olivia is nose to nose with the truck.

    As the car comes to the turn in the road, four blue darts strike out from the shadowy form on top of the warehouse directly south of Olivia's automobile.

    Roll(4d4)+4:
    3,4,4,4,+4
    Total:19

    Searing pain shoots through Olivia's chest as the darts strike home... though the car's windscreen (with seemingly no effect on the windscreen).

    The Rogues next to CR III attempt to flank him...

    the rogue at 0307 attempts to strike CR III

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    5,+5
    Total:10

    miss

    The rogue at 0406 will attempt to flank CR III (tumble check required)

    Tumble check (Acrobatics):

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    9,+7
    Total:16

    CR IIIs CMD is 24, the rogue failed his check as CR III has an attack of opportunity on him.... as would Elliot (there's a dumbass in every crowd, lol)

    new map will follow these two AoO.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm

    Wait, that's an auto-hit from magic missiles /shadow bolts, correct? So, 19 damage?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  navyik on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:58 pm

    CR3 deftly ducks around the first rogue's blade. Noticing the other one lurking out of the corner of his eye, he spins to sweep the ankle but comes up short.

    2+8=10 for AoO.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Chris on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:16 pm

    whit10 wrote:

    CR IIIs CMD is 24, the rogue failed his check as CR III has an attack of opportunity on him.... as would Elliot (there's a dumbass in every crowd, lol)

    do you mean JT? Elliot is not in melee, holding a melee wpn or threatening any hexes.

    Assuming you meant JT.....

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    14,+9
    Total:23
    +2 for flanking

    if that hits
    Roll(1d10)+7:
    8,+7
    Total:15

    + sneak attack for flanking
    Roll(3d6)+0:
    5,2,4,+0
    Total:11

    I hit him as he attempts to leave the hex where he is currently standing (which JT threatens), before he actually moves.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:52 pm

    oops, my bad, I had forgotten that you had moved up.  No retcon's you get your AoO as normal.  He drops.  

    CR III tries to 'sweep the leg' on the rogue, but misses.

    Yes, Olivia takes 19 unless Shield has been cast.  The spell in question always hits (minus Shield or MR)

    Map is updated

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 pm

    The Colonel is up
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:09 pm

    Olivia's current HP: 57 / 76
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  navyik on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 pm

    You go girl!

    "Good heavens, what the devil IS that mad woman up to?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2348
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  MAS on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:19 pm

    It was the 2 darker tokens on the rooftops that fired into the car, correct?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3647
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:23 pm

    yes, the guy on the closest rooftop fired a gun last round and this round the farther guy used magic.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cairo Express

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:26 pm