Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:46 pm

    place holder, will be updated within 24 hours.

    You are able to get passage on the Bathsheba, a river steamboat that's pretty old but still in good condition.

    Are there any special preparations that you are making for travel? Disguises or anything like that?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 pm

    the archaeologist disguises from Norris?

    or clowns, clowns are good too clown
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

    whit10 wrote:"But you make good points, I would try to disguise myself if I were you... we can make you look the part of a 'normal' archeological expedition to Thebes, they are going on all the time.  Shortly after you arrive, you could simply... slip away?  You are not under watch right now.  I can make sure of that."

    "There is a British fort not far from Thebes, I will send ahead whatever supply requests to a friend of mine... who just happens to be the Colonel in charge of the garrison."
    "

    Sounds like the British garrison by Thebes will have our disguises/supplies/camels ready.. I'm sure we can get rations and general supplies from them as well.

    Still waiting to hear about of availability of holy water/alchemical silver.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:04 am

    There wasn't any at the hotel... you will have to make do until you get to the fort.  Unless you wish to try an out of the way black market attempt?

    Knowledge Local roll from anyone who wished to make it.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am

    whit10 wrote:There wasn't any at the hotel... you will have to make do until you get to the fort.  Unless you wish to try an out of the way black market attempt?

    Knowledge Local roll from anyone who wished to make it.

    Elliot declines the roll. He still has faith that his God will provide. Thanks though.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 am

    CJC wears no disguise, but he will try to stay low key and under the radar while they travel.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:13 am

    Chris wrote:the archaeologist disguises from Norris?

    He provided you with different, rather plain clothes. That was a suggestion by him, originally.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am

    Do we even trust the British? I thought we'd agreed to go rogue on this operation?

    Powerful friends can help us, but I think we should watch our step, lest we walk into a trap.

    Dressing as archeologists is a good plan. Or playing low-key tourists. Olivia will play the role of the serving girl to the professional men. She still has her locally-bought garbs. I subtracted 200 gp for that, which should be enough for a few nice clothes.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:20 am

    Robyo wrote:Do we even trust the British? I thought we'd agreed to go rogue on this operation?

    Powerful friends can help us, but I think we should watch our step, lest we walk into a trap.

    Dressing as archeologists is a good plan. Or playing low-key tourists. Olivia will play the role of the serving girl to the professional men. She still has her locally-bought garbs. I subtracted 200 gp for that, which should be enough for a few nice clothes.

    Agreed. I'd say we are leveraging British/OMP resources to support our own mission.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:01 am

    whit10 wrote: Unless you wish to try an out of the way black market attempt?
    Knowledge Local roll from anyone who wished to make it.

    Local (fromPF) = Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids)

    How about Streetwise to find Black Market contacts? I put all my points into Streetwise (which I see doesn't even exist in PF, so if you are going to use "Local" for black market rolls, I would have put all my points there, if it was my misunderstanding)

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

    9 + 12 = 21

    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Do we even trust the British? I thought we'd agreed to go rogue on this operation?

    Powerful friends can help us, but I think we should watch our step, lest we walk into a trap.

    Dressing as archeologists is a good plan. Or playing low-key tourists. Olivia will play the role of the serving girl to the professional men. She still has her locally-bought garbs. I subtracted 200 gp for that, which should be enough for a few nice clothes.

    Agreed. I'd say we are leveraging British/OMP resources to support our own mission.

    +1

    Elliot has no intention of letting powerful dangerous magic falling into anyone's hands, OMP or otherwise, without careful consideration first.

    I agree we leverage resources to investigate on our own, and then tell Norris what we find, depending on what that may be.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Do we even trust the British? I thought we'd agreed to go rogue on this operation?

    Powerful friends can help us, but I think we should watch our step, lest we walk into a trap.

    Dressing as archeologists is a good plan. Or playing low-key tourists. Olivia will play the role of the serving girl to the professional men. She still has her locally-bought garbs. I subtracted 200 gp for that, which should be enough for a few nice clothes.

    Agreed. I'd say we are leveraging British/OMP resources to support our own mission.

    +1

    Elliot has no intention of letting powerful dangerous magic falling into anyone's hands, OMP or otherwise,  without careful consideration first.

    I agree we leverage resources to investigate on our own, and then tell Norris what we find, depending on what that may be.

    agreed
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 pm

    You are all on the riverboat Memphis as light begins to fade and night sets in... it will be a nearly a full day to travel upstream.

    (obviously the name isn't the same)


    Any activities or special actions?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 pm

    lay low, try not to barf on the Colonel's bags
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 pm

    Fuck, I totally spaced the knowledge Local roll.  Sorry.

    You do not, however, find someone that has anything but normal silver or holy water (I'm pretty sure that's not too hard to come by)... no alchemical silver.

    As for your question Chris, yes, Knowledge Local more or less replaced Streetwise or whatever it was.  Although, on inspection, it's not worded very well as regards something like Black Market knowledge, but no matter.  We will still use that knowledge skill.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:35 am

    CJC keeps to his room (or the room the party is sharing, what have you).

    "We may consider sending the least recognizable of us on a walk about the decks every now and then."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 pm

    Go ahead and figure out who is "keeping watch" you would need three people total to do so throughout the trip (though the last person would only be doing it for a couple hours)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:27 pm

    JT volunteers for a watch, doesn't care which one. He can't sleep on the boat anyways, he keeps barfing in the loo
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:41 pm

    Olivia volunteers for a watch. She doesn't mind, besides "the stars on the Nile are amazing to behold."
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 pm

    Elliot will take a watch as well.


    By the way- son born today! Healthy and happy boy, 6 lb 13 oz, 19.5 in long! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

    Congrats dude!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:12 pm

    Congrats! We need a cigar-smoking emoticon...
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 pm

    decide your watch order please.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 pm

    Olivia will take 2nd. She's a night owl.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 pm

    Arcturus2 wrote:
    By the way- son born today! Healthy and happy boy,  6 lb 13 oz, 19.5 in long! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    cheers awesome stuff!

    post a picture when you get a chance. What's his name?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  navyik on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:56 pm

    CR3 can go for a short stroll just to get a sense about other passengers that might be of interest. "Miss Ormonde, would you do me the honor?" Offering a slight nod along with his arm.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:05 am

    navyik wrote:CR3 can go for a short stroll just to get a sense about other passengers that might be of interest.  "Miss Ormonde, would you do me the honor?" Offering a slight nod along with his arm.

    Olivia accepts. "So, Chamberlain, what's on your mind?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  navyik on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 am

    "Just a casual stroll to take in the sights." Cool
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:27 pm

    "So tell me, how did you come to be in the employ of the good Colonel?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  navyik on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:35 pm

    "Ah, funny story, that. You see, the Colonel served in Africa before the war; India afterwards, of course. I had the privilage to serve a major under his command. The major suffered an unfortunate fatal injury in a little known battle in sahm pung against the kip-puhk-ti tribe. The colonel, knowing of my utility, decided to keep me on at his post. I'm actually retired now, but haven't the heart to tell the poor man. What with his malaria and all."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 pm

    "An intriguing tale. Unfortunate to hear about the Colonel's health. I'd only thought he had a touch of senility. Malaria is a horrid affliction. Too bad it isn't the Yellow Fever, for I know an herbal remedy that can help with the delusions."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:33 pm

    can everyone, during their watch, give me perception checks please?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  navyik on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:47 pm

    14+14=28
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:50 pm

    11 + 9 = 20
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:28 pm

    Roll(1d20)+17:
    2,+17
    Total:19
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:37 pm

    whit10 wrote:can everyone, during their watch, give me perception checks please?

    Do you want one from people who are in the Cabin, but not on watch, as well?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:08 pm

    anyone who spends time on the decks notices (with a 20 or higher perc. check) notices that it is noticeably quiet aboard ship. No one really seems to be about at all. You also notice no activity on the banks....

    Unless you wish to take other actions during the night, it goes eventfully by. You arrive the next day at a dock only 2 miles from the fort.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm

    Weird, but if there's no event, then I guess Olivia lets it go.

    "Something is amiss, it would seem."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 pm

    JT will try to slip off the boat unseen, separate from and ahead of the party.

    Stealth
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    16,+13
    Total:29


    He keeps his eyes and ears open for any ambush.

    if he makes it to the docks unobserved..... Perception
    Roll(1d20)+17:
    12,+17
    Total:29
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:42 am

    will update tonight... sorry, Monday's are nearly always really busy
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 pm

    Sorry all- busy weekend. Elliot hasn't noticed anything amiss. He's enjoyed the quiet ride down the river.

    Has Norris let the garrison commander know we're coming? Has anyone from the fort come to pick us up? I assume we didn't bring our car or truck on the boat..

    Otherwise, Elliot will probably investigate hiring a ride to the fort. If that can't be done, a two mile walk isn't that bad.

    Any checks to notice a garrison detachment waiting for us or to hire a car/camels?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm

    As you arrive, you see the normal bustle and toil as workers retrieve goods, livestock and other items from the hold and off-load the vessel.

    As JT made a point of doing this... you see a handful of men in uniforms waiting by two open top cars... they certainly look British, but (since you rolled pretty well) you also notice that the service bars on on the wrong side of the uniform. It could be shoddy discipline, or it could be something else?

    JT just saw this, the party that he observed hasn't noticed your group as of yet. The fort is still about a mile away.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Robyo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:51 pm

    Maybe JT can go spy on them.

    The rest of us can act casual. Olivia is assisting with the luggage.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:29 pm

    "Something is amiss. Perhaps someone can slip closer and investigate?" suggests the Colonel, as he shoots a grin and a wink at his travelling companions.

    His rifle slung over his shoulder, he stamps an angry looking path to where the majority of the unloading is taking place.

    "YOU THERE!" he shouts pointing vaguely at a group of workers. "I say, YOU THERE! Where is my luggage? The crocodile bags with ivory inlay? DONT JUST STAND THERE LOOKING DULL, find my bags you DOLTS!"

    CJC continues his rants, and raves around the docks, virtually foaming at the mouth, as he shouts increasingly complicated descriptions of the luggage.

    "DO I look like some skeevey New Orleans pimp to you?!?!?! NOT the one with pearl inlays, IVORY, with a brass south hampton hinge closure!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Chris on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:35 am

    MAS wrote:"Something is amiss. Perhaps someone can slip closer and investigate?" suggests the Colonel, as he shoots a grin and a wink at his travelling companions.
    His rifle slung over his shoulder, he stamps an angry looking path to where the majority of the unloading is taking place.
    "YOU THERE!" he shouts pointing vaguely at a group of workers. "I say, YOU THERE! Where is my luggage? The crocodile bags with ivory inlay? DONT JUST STAND THERE LOOKING DULL, find my bags you DOLTS!"
    CJC continues his rants, and raves around the docks, virtually foaming at the mouth, as he shouts increasingly complicated descriptions of the luggage.
    "DO I look like some skeevey New Orleans pimp to you?!?!?! NOT the one with pearl inlays, IVORY, with a brass south hampton hinge closure!"

    "Harumph, I guess we aren't just sneaking out of here" JT thinks to himself in annoyance at the Colonel's antics.  JT will try to catch Elliot's eye from his hiding place.  If he does, he points to his shoulder (or wherever British soldiers bear their chevrons).  Then points at his own eyes with 2 fingers and gestures towards the guys waiting at the car.

    JT will try to sneak around behind their position.  Assuming they are watching the exit ramps from the boat, JT will try to get behind their cone of observation

    Stealth
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    20,+13
    Total:33

    BULLY!    Suspect
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 am

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:"Something is amiss. Perhaps someone can slip closer and investigate?" suggests the Colonel, as he shoots a grin and a wink at his travelling companions.
    His rifle slung over his shoulder, he stamps an angry looking path to where the majority of the unloading is taking place.
    "YOU THERE!" he shouts pointing vaguely at a group of workers. "I say, YOU THERE! Where is my luggage? The crocodile bags with ivory inlay? DONT JUST STAND THERE LOOKING DULL, find my bags you DOLTS!"
    CJC continues his rants, and raves around the docks, virtually foaming at the mouth, as he shouts increasingly complicated descriptions of the luggage.
    "DO I look like some skeevey New Orleans pimp to you?!?!?! NOT the one with pearl inlays, IVORY, with a brass south hampton hinge closure!"

    "Harumph, I guess we aren't just sneaking out of here" JT thinks to himself in annoyance at the Colonel's antics.  JT will try to catch Elliot's eye from his hiding place.  If he does, he points to his shoulder (or wherever British soldiers bear their chevrons).  Then points at his own eyes with 2 fingers and gestures towards the guys waiting at the car.

    JT will try to sneak around behind their position.  Assuming they are watching the exit ramps from the boat, JT will try to get behind their cone of observation

    Stealth
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    20,+13
    Total:33

    BULLY!    Suspect

    Do I need to make a roll to spot JT and understand his message about the 'British officers'?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  whit10 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:42 am

    hmm, make a perception check but the DC is pretty low.

    (the Colonel is going to get ya'll killed, lol)
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:04 pm

    Elliot perception check to notice JT's signal: 1d20=14
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  navyik on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:25 pm

    Perception 11+14=25

    If CR3 picks up on this, he will compound the diversion by walking right up to the uniformed escort.

    Shaking his time piece, "good heavens, my watch has stopped again." He winds it. "Would you have the time? It sure is refreshing to see you blokes... Oh terribly sorry, are you waiting for someone? Oh, I did see some official looking fellows on board. Oh, but they traveled light and went the other way round," gesturing, "when the boat docked. Hmmm... Maybe they didn't expect to be met..."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  MAS on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:33 pm

    "DAMN IT MAN, that's not brass, and it sure as hell isn't a SOUTH HAMPTON HINGE CLOSURE!!!"

    Sponsored content

    Re: De-Nile, it ain't just a river in Egypt

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am