Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The Tomb

    Share
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:58 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:Oy! need an Icon for my hound, too. Please just place him adjacent to CJC.

    Haha! Seriously? Where did the hound come from? The same place as the Col's car?

    The hound is on my sheet, and has been mentioned several times, in several scenes. Maybe one less toke would improve your situational awareness?

    Forgive me, since the animal hasn't done shit this entire adventure. BTW, I don't smoke (lately). Maybe a toke would improve your dickish comments?

    by "improve dickish comments" do you mean that would make them more "dickish"? I am pretty good at that without augmentation Wink

    Lighten up Rob! I dont mind taking and giving a little shit, you dished out a jab - that to me is an invitation to talk trash - you ought to expect one back!

    BTW, the animal hasnt had to do anything, because it suites a few very specific purposes, which have not yet come up. As you yourself pointed out not too long ago, folks ought to let other folks play their own character.

    Shall we game on?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:21 pm

    It sounds like we can move on.

    Elliot, did you follow JT into the passage?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Robyo on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:Oy! need an Icon for my hound, too. Please just place him adjacent to CJC.

    Haha! Seriously? Where did the hound come from? The same place as the Col's car?

    The hound is on my sheet, and has been mentioned several times, in several scenes. Maybe one less toke would improve your situational awareness?

    Forgive me, since the animal hasn't done shit this entire adventure. BTW, I don't smoke (lately). Maybe a toke would improve your dickish comments?

    by "improve dickish comments" do you mean that would make them more "dickish"? I am pretty good at that without augmentation Wink

    Lighten up Rob! I dont mind taking and giving a little shit, you dished out a jab - that to me is an invitation to talk trash - you ought to expect one back!

    BTW, the animal hasnt had to do anything, because it suites a few very specific purposes, which have not yet come up. As you yourself pointed out not too long ago, folks ought to let other folks play their own character.

    Shall we game on?

    Hey man, I lighten up as often as I can afford it tongue The way I see it: I made a comment about your character, something IN GAME, and hardly personal. In retort, you decide to make a judgement call about my lifestyle. Thanks. Anyways, I'm done with this. Would rather not continually interrupt the game, and of course you can play your character however you wish.

    Ready to move on.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm

    whit10 wrote:It sounds like we can move on.

    Elliot, did you follow JT into the passage?

    Yes. Elliot stays on JT's six o'clock, a prudent several paces behind, providing close cover, watching his back and making sure to only step where JT steps..

    He's careful to keep his light pointed downwards so as not to disrupt JT's Darkvision or draw too much attention..
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:00 am

    JT will creep down the hallway attentively

    Stealth
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    3,+13
    Total:16


    Perception
    Roll(1d20)+19:
    14,+19
    Total:33

    +3 for traps

    "I must remember to take off these darn boots" JT think to himself as he can hear his own footfalls
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:34 am

    this time a few pebbles go scattering as you sneak...

    you've also found that the next space has the same trap set to go off as the last space. Pressure plate, no idea what will happen if it goes off but it's definitely a trigger mechanism
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm

    whit10 wrote:this time a few pebbles go scattering as you sneak...

    you've also found that the next space has the same trap set to go off as the last space.  Pressure plate, no idea what will happen if it goes off but it's definitely a trigger mechanism

    with my above perception roll... can JT tell if all the tiles in this hallway look the same?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:24 pm

    leading up to the first bend in the tunnel? Yes.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:33 pm

    whit10 wrote:leading up to the first bend in the tunnel?  Yes.

    JT motions for Elliot to "back up"

    JT will follow Elliot back into the 1st room. "Oy, chummers.... that 'hole 'allway is a series of pressure plates on the floor. I can probably disarm them, but it will take me quite some time. Do you all want to rest on yer laurels for a bit or check out the paddling pool and other room first?"
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:32 pm

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:leading up to the first bend in the tunnel?  Yes.

    JT motions for Elliot to "back up"

    JT will follow Elliot back into the 1st room.   "Oy, chummers.... that 'hole 'allway is a series of pressure plates on the floor.  I can probably disarm them, but it will take me quite some time.  Do you all want to rest on yer laurels for a bit or check out the paddling pool and other room first?"

    Elliot carefully retraces his steps into the first room.

    When safely back there, he whispers back to JT..

    "Good idea, mate. We should leave the traps armed while we check the other room first.. that way it's a bit harder for anything to sneak up on us."

    He keeps his light pointed carefully at the floor and waits for the rest of the group to weigh in.

    He w
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:20 pm

    "This is your domain, engineer. Lead on"

    CJC continues to pull security, carefully scanning in all directions, rifle at the ready.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Robyo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 pm

    "I told you fellas we needed flying carpets!"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 pm

    (just to chime in)... and where were you going to get said flying carpets from??? Just wondering Cool
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Robyo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:35 pm

    The flying carpet shop of course! geek
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:52 am

    Robyo wrote:The flying carpet shop of course! geek

    People have been camping out for days to catch the Black Friday savings at FLYING CARPETS r' US!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:00 am

    so, back to the events at hand....

    JT asked if the party wanted to check out the other room, across the pool
    or
    wait for him to disarm a hallway full of traps

    Elliot - other room
    Col Jimbo - deferred to JT
    Olivia - ?
    Butler - ?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:42 pm

    Let's move on then, unless someone has something they really want to do in the first room.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Robyo on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:04 pm

    Still waiting to see if Olivia's spells revealed anything. She cast Detect Undead and See Invisibility in the room. She also spent a charge of the Darkvision wand on herself.

    spells left per day: 1st - 3/5, 2nd - 2/3

    "Anyone else need some Darkvision?"
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm

    Elliot could use a bump, if it's possible.

    "Gee Ms. Ormonde, that'd be swell. This light makes me feel awfully exposed.."

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 pm

    "Thank you, Ms Ormonde, but I am sufficiently sighted."

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  navyik on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 pm

    "If I may say so, Colonel," whispering, "the yank has a good point; besides, the suspense is palpable." bounce
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 pm

    I posted it earlier Rob, it might have gotten lost in all the posts... you do not detect any invisible persons nor undead in this room.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:35 pm

    navyik wrote:"If I may say so, Colonel," whispering, "the yank has a good point; besides, the suspense is palpable." bounce

    "Rothschild, good man, have you forgotten that I can see in the dark?"

    Meta: CJC is a dwarf (although quite tall for one), and has darkvision.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Robyo on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 pm

    whit10 wrote:I posted it earlier Rob, it might have gotten lost in all the posts...  you do not detect any invisible persons nor undead in this room.

    I scrolled back and only saw where you said "Olivia's spells are noted..." and didn't see the results of specified actions.

    Anyways, I meant to say just then that she had cast Detect Secret Doors, not Undead. She had already cast Detect Undead earlier.

    Probably nadda either way, just wanted to be clear.

    "You got it buddy," the witch says and bumps Elliot with some darkvision.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  navyik on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:49 pm

    Not one to ever correct an employer unless completely necessary, CR3 plays along, pretending that he was not refering to Elliot's suggestion of checking the other room. "Colonel, you are the BIGGEST man I have ever met." jocolor
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:52 pm

    Chris wrote:so, back to the events at hand....

    JT asked if the party wanted to check out the other room, across the pool
    or
    wait for him to disarm a hallway full of traps

    Elliot - other room
    Col Jimbo - deferred to JT, abstained
    Olivia - ?
    Butler - ?


    ok, now that you are done stroking your magic wand.... can we get a consensus from the butler and the witch?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:22 am

    navyik wrote:Not one to ever correct an employer unless completely necessary, CR3 plays along, pretending that he was not refering to Elliot's suggestion of checking the other room. "Colonel, you are the BIGGEST man I have ever met." jocolor

    The Colonel rolls his eyes in mock exasperation......
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 am

    Robyo wrote:"You got it buddy," the witch says and bumps Elliot with some darkvision.

    Elliot blinks and squints several tumes, getting accustomed to his now enhanced vision. After several seconds, he turns off his electric torch and stows it.

    He casts a questioning glance at his friend and stage whispers..

    "So which way, JT?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:21 am

    Arcturus2 wrote:
    He casts a questioning glance at his friend and stage whispers..

    "So which way, JT?"

    JT has asked twice and his patience with his companions has been exhausted. He motions for Elliot to follow. (I can't see the maps at work, but if I recall, there appeared to be a way around the pool to one side).

    JT will go carefully and stealthily around the pool to the doorway on the far (map left) side of the room

    Stealth
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

    10 + 13 = 23

    Perception
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +20" :

    18 + 20 = 38

    +3 for traps
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:46 am

    There is no way around the pool, that was an image error. I've tried to correct it. You would have to go over it or through it.

    You do not detect any traps however... the smell of sulfur is very strong by the pool
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:51 am

    "This room is....odd. I feel as though it keeps shifting proportions the moment my attention shifts elsewhere for the slightest instant...."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 am

    whit10 wrote:There is no way around the pool, that was an image error.  I've tried to correct it.  You would have to go over it or through it.

    You do not detect any traps however... the smell of sulfur is very strong by the pool

    oh ok.

    Can JT see anything in the room beyond the pool with his darkvision?

    again, I can't see the map, so sorry for asking, but how wide is the pool? how many hexes across from side to side?

    how deep does it look - can JT see the bottom clearly?

    if so, is there anything in the pool? anything on the bottom (rocks, pennies, bones, etc)?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 pm

    you're fine, not your fault you can't see it.

    ....well, this is really fucking irritating, not only can I not see the image either, but, for some strange reason, the map I swear I saved on my external hard drive is no longer there.

    I'll try to run home and grab it at lunch. I'm really sorry for this hold-up, I swear I had saved this all the other day.

    what I can tell you is that there appears to be something silvery on the bottom of the pool, it's very murky. You can't tell for certain how deep it is but it looks to be at least two feet deep. You cannot see anything but debris in the room beyond, for now.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

    JT takes sheathes his trench axe and takes out his flashlight. JT will shine the light into the far room with the debris to see if that illuminates anything new.

    JT glances over the party and spies an umbrella on CR3. "Chamberlain mate, would you mind giving me a 'and 'ere with that umbrella of yours? Test the depth of 'dis 'ere pool, if you would be so kind."

    JT will stand back a couple paces, crossing his wrists so that his hvy pistol and flashlight are supporting (tactical style) each other and shining into the pool at whatever point CR3 is going dip his umbrella.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 pm

    CJC shoulders his rifle, and readies action, engage emergent hostile with rifle.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:39 pm

    Elliot follows JT'S lead and assumes a tactical posture as well, slightly crouched, holding his .45 in both hands, in the weaver stance. (Although I don't think that term yet exists)

    He's covering the pool and keeping a close eye out for any movement therein.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:45 pm

    a few tense moments pass and, as the umbrella is lowered in, the liquid starts to hiss and bubble, eating away the umbrella very quickly.... Acid!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:46 pm

    the far room is filled with, what looks like, old pottery shards, rotting linen and other unidentifiable debris (at this range).
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 pm

    We have an unobstructed view into the next room, correct?

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm

    whit10 wrote:a few tense moments pass and, as the umbrella is lowered in, the liquid starts to hiss and bubble, eating away the umbrella very quickly.... Acid!

    JT shakes his head knowlingly, "sorry about the umbrella mate"

    I still need the size of the pool to figure out if I can jump over it, otherwise it's down the trap filled tunnel we go
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 pm

    If memory serves, it is 15' across. Since it's my fuck up here regarding the map, let's just go with that (it's spot on or within 5').

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:00 pm

    MAS wrote:We have an unobstructed view into the next room, correct?

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 pm

    whit10 wrote:If memory serves, it is 15' across.  Since it's my fuck up here regarding the map, let's just go with that (it's spot on or within 5').


    JT always has a running start with his Ki pool.  horizontal jump DC = distance in feet, so DC 15 here

    JT has +18 in acro and can't fail the check.  JT casually does a backflip from one side of the acid pool to the other, landing in a combat crouch.  He sets the flashlight on the ground, pointed into the room to provide light.  He draws his trench axe and proceeds forward, staying off to the side, so that he doesn't block his own light source or anyone else's LOS into the room
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 pm

    you make it with ease... anyone else going to attempt a jump or whatever?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 pm

    MAS wrote:
    MAS wrote:We have an unobstructed view into the next room, correct?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:22 pm

    yes, you can see through the door anyway.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:48 pm

    Thanks.

    The walls - do they appear to have enough texture so as to serve for hand and foot holds? Examining the possibility of using climb to circumvent the pool.

    Also - are there any larger sections of of loose rock or solid debris within sight or nearby?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  whit10 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:23 pm

    The walls are fairly smooth but are in a state of decay, they might have hand-holds and such but it could be treacherous.

    There are smaller, crumbling, (what look like) statues that also line the walls at the entrance and the opposite (by the door) ... they look like they were statues of hte King, at one time
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  MAS on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:34 pm

    "My hound and I lack the agility to go flip-a-flopping like that. Perhaps we can build a sufficient stepping bridge from these statues and other debris?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Chris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 pm

    MAS wrote:"My hound and I lack the agility to go flip-a-flopping like that. Perhaps we can build a sufficient stepping bridge from these statues and other debris?

    JT whispers back over his shoulder, "It's probably a dead end, just cover me until we know whether it is worth crossing.  Tactically speaking, it is best to keep the acid pit between us and anything hiding in here. The secret hallway probably leads where we really want to go....."

    does JT see anything else in the room now that he has moved closer?

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Tomb

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm