Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The day the earth shook

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:59 pm

    Whilst going about your ordinary day there is a minor earthquake. A few of the older shanties colapse, there are some bumps, bruises, and broken dishes. The stained glass in the guild hall breaks.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:37 pm

    Chef pauses his duty of dicing potatoes. He waits for the tremor to subside. If the vibrations lasted any longer or stronger, he would've headed for the exit.

    "There goes my layer cake," he mumbles. The fighter's bushy eyebrows shift as he glances towards the pastry oven.

    "What was that chef?" asks Arryn the servant boy. He is visibly nervous. Chef holds out his hand to the boy's shoulder. The boy was shaking.

    "Just a tremor," said the master cook, bending over to pick up spilled jars of flour and honey. The tremor had shaken them off the counter along with a tray of silverware.

    Setting the jars back on the table, Chef tosses a towel to Arryn. "Clean this up. I'm going to visit the village elder. I fear a strangeness is afoot."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:39 pm

    A strange intensity burns in the eyes of Lumenor Smith.

    As he has every day since the vision, Lumenor stands in the town square preaching his message of purification. His black hair and wild grown beard are tangled and unwashed. His simple robes have been patched and repaired so many times it is impossible to tell if they were originally brown or black. Several burn holes are scattered about the folds of his robes, evidence of close proximity to the fires he is prone to lighting. His worn backpack rests on the ground near his feet, packed full with instruments of flame. In his left hand, a hooded lantern. He NEVER allows its flame to be extinguished. The Flame MUST be kept, lest he be judged unworthy.

    The ground shakes, and even before the motion ceases, he has taken a torch from his pack and lit it from the flame of the lantern. He raises both in the air in a motion of triumph!

    "Behold, the wrath that WAS is NOW again upon us. Flee as you will, but YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE PURIFYING FIRE!
    The seed that was already sown is now birthed into the earth. Woe onto those who delight in comfort and take refuge in folly. But for those who embrace this test, take heart. NEW LIFE IS AT HAND!"

    The Red Eyed Raven took to the air a moment before the quake began. It circles Lumneor as he makes his proclamation, and then calls in a nearly human voice as it flaps towards the area where the shantys have collapsed. "COME! The tinder is laid!"

    Lumneor follows the bird towards the collapsed shantys....
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:56 am

    Emilian feels the tremor roll through the valley.

    He's been dallying for most of the day at the rather distasteful chore of chopping firewood for one of the locals, an old widow who was silly enough to pay him before he finished the work.

    Smiling to himself, he swings the axe, sticking it firmly into one of the fragrant logs of cherry wood.

    He ambles over to the well and draws a bucket of cool sweet water, takes a drink, and dumps the remainder over his head. He shakes the drops out of his shaggy mane of jet black hair, and wanders over to his pack. He pulls his shirt over his head and gathers his things.

    The old widow is nowhere to be seen, and he's already been paid.. besides, he's chopped and stacked most of the wood already.. he figures the earthquake is a great excuse to knock off early. A sign from the gods, even!

    He breaks into a wide grin and he laughs aloud at his own cleverness. His tambourine bangs and jingles against his leg as he lopes off in the direction of the town proper, whistling merrily to himself.

    Perhaps there is easy money to be made from this somehow. Whatever the case, he figures he'd better go survey the damage.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:56 pm

    Granish is awakened briefly by the noise... he snorts, belches, pushes the trollop from the previous night farther away from him (she smells worse this morning) and just goes back to sleep, figuring it was just his head pounding after his fight last night or the booze.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:12 pm

    Tuq and Ila are riding back to Starfell after delivering a message for one of the locals. Ila stops dead in her tracks, her ears perk up, her tail drops and before Tuq even feels the tremor, Ila is darting for cover under the trees.

    "Easy girl" Tuq says, scratching behind her ears.

    After the rumblings stops Tuq gives Ila a gentle squeeze to spur her forward. "We better go see if anyone is hurt!"
    They dash to town at top speed. Ila will start sniffing around the collapsed buildings to see if she can smell anyone buried under the rubble.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:54 pm

    Anyone whose character is finished (and not being rebuilt) should make a perception check.
    cyclops
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:48 pm

    Chef's Perception check:

    11 + 0 = 11
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:19 pm

    Granish wakes again to relieve himself...

    Perception check:

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    20,+4
    Total:24

    Wow! Been missing THAT roll in my WoD campaign.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:32 pm

    At first, granish thinks his urine is glowing purple. He gives a suspiciius look toward the groupie. Then he realizes that his new tatoo is glowing and shedding a dim purple light into the chamber pot.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:35 pm

    Chef sees a few good citizens rushing to the colapsed shanties... Including the weirdo blacksmith ranting about "tinder".¹
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:19 am

    Tuq perception
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    11,+8
    Total:19

    Ila perception + scent
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    20,+8
    Total:28

    atta girl!

    as a reminder:

    Scent

    This extraordinary ability lets a creature detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.

    A creature with the scent ability can detect opponents by sense of smell, generally within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range is 60 feet. If it is downwind, the range is 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at three times these ranges.

    The creature detects another creature's presence but not its specific location. Noting the direction of the scent is a move action. If the creature moves within 5 feet (1 square) of the scent's source, the creature can pinpoint the area that the source occupies, even if it cannot be seen.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:15 am

    Tuq races to town. As he and Ila approach the bridge, Ila reels a bit like a spooked pony. Tuq notices movement in the gorge south, too far for detail, but there are several creatures. Could be animals, but Ila is more upset than that.

    Coming into town, there are a few citizens gathering near a colapsed hut. The squire's chef and the crazy blacksmith are there.

    Nearby, there is a sheepish drifter with a splitting maul who thinks maybe his last chop CAUSED the tremmor.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:24 am

    Emilian perception 1d20+4 (7+4)=11

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:19 am

    "Hey Weirdo," Chef calls out to the blacksmith. "Who's hut is this? What did you mean by tinder?"

    Chef tries lifting a chunk of the fallen hut, trying to see if anyone is buried/trapped.

    Athletics (Strength) check?
    14 + 2 = 16
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 am

    Lumenor perception check -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    2


    Lumenor is far too consumed with the visioons of world cleansing flame in his mind to notice much of anything as he arrives near the shantys.

    He is looking to see if any of the shanty owners are around, and safely out of the collapsed buildings, so he circles the scene.

    He looks blankly at the Chef, unable to contain a smile as his answer to the question.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am

    Not knowing whether the smalk shack is clear, chef tentatively lifts away some of the smaller debris.

    Soon, the widow who lives there, Hilma, shows up. "Oh, you poor dear boy," she fusses over Emilian. "Lets have a look at you." She musses his hair.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:14 am

    Chef drops the debris and shrugs. Hey DM, does it look like anyone needs any help? Where are the constables?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 am

    A couple of the squire's men are calling out around town, "is anyone hurt?" Soon the squire himself appears.

    The widow turns to her wreckage now, "oh, everything I owned was inside..."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:04 am

    navyik wrote:Tuq races to town.  As he and Ila approach the bridge, Ila reels a bit like a spooked pony.  Tuq notices movement in the gorge south, too far for detail, but there are several creatures.  Could be animals, but Ila is more upset than that.
    Coming into town, there are a few citizens gathering near a colapsed hut.  The squire's chef and the crazy blacksmith are there.

    Tuq calls out to everyone at the scene, patting his wolf on the flanks to calm her, "I saw movement in the gorge to the south and something alerted wolf on our way into town. She reacted like a herd animal smelling a predator. We are going to take a look, but it's probably just other animals spooked by the tremor."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 am

    Granish will peer over at this small man barking suggestions to people... he's curious more than anything
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 am

    navyik wrote:Soon, the widow who lives there, Hilma, shows up.  "Oh, you poor dear boy," she fusses over Emilian.  "Lets have a look at you."  She musses his hair.

    Emilian allows himself to be 'comforted' by the kindly old lady, indulging her as she tousles his hair, showing her a small splinter in his finger..

    navyik wrote: The widow turns to her wreckage now, "oh, everything I owned was inside..."

    Emilian feels a pang of sadness in his chest for the nice widow's loss, and gives her a big hug. He even abstains from attempting to pick her pockets.

    Oh, mira poor mother, such gajjeni baxt.. er, how do you say, bad luck! Do not worry Rakli, ...my lady... zis is a nice town, zey will surely find you somewhere to live."

    he smiles and pats the widow's hand.

    Now, let Emilian zee about if he can... recover your tings from zee rubble"

    Emilian will start trying to move debris and help the lady find any posessions he can.


    Strength check: 1d20+1 (12+1) 13

    He's not going to attempt to filch anything... for now.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 pm

    Granish will wander around and see if these folks need any help I guess
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:37 pm

    As Emil and Granish begin to move debris, a scream is heard from the west end of town. Then a ruccuss. Then a panic. Some Villagers flee to the squire's compound while others scatter. Some of the soldiers rush to the commotion; where combat ensues.

    Chris can place y'all on the map, centerish when he has time. West are 3 odd looking herki-jerki machines with tiny samurai looking pilots with evil grins. 2 soldiers are dead, 1 is on fire, and two are fighting. In the distance, 5 other machines approach.

    "Fall back to the compound," orders the sargeant.

    Game on.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm

    **NOT A FINAL MAP***

    GM - need approval for initial locations of 3 mecha and PCs.  The mecha are sized "Large", so they take up 4 squares, let me know if the size is wrong

    Matt and Dan - I never got tokens from you so I just grabbed a quick image off google.  I can swap out if you find one you like better

    All PCs - I placed you generally in the middle, per GM, but I can move you if needed



    here are the tokens:

    chef



    ork boxer



    human rogue



    crazy-eyed fire oracle



    wolfrider



    enemy mecha

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:39 pm

    The weird machines are individual custom marvels.  None are elegant.  Intricate linkages of partially exposed pulleys, cables, sprockets, and counterweights tie piecemeal components into utilitarian menace.  One sports a claw on one arm and an oversized falchion on another.  The next has a sharp spinning disc instead of the blade.  The third has the blade, but replaces the claw with a set of smoking pipes and hoses.

    Initiative
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:04 pm

    (shakes head) here we go

    Initiative for Granish:

    Roll(1d20)+1:
    13,+1
    Total:14
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:32 pm

    initiative for Tuq and Ila, who move together on Tuq's action

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    10 + 3 = 13
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:05 pm

    Mechs are a big medium or a small large...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:21 pm

    Chef initiative: 9 + 5 = 14
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:38 pm

    Emil initiative: 1d20+2 (2+2) =4

    Lol not a good start.

    Sorry about not getting a token to you yet, computer has been down and it's next to impossible on my cell lol. I like the mustachioed one you picked though, it's perfect.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:04 am

    navyik wrote:Mechs are a big medium or a small large...

    I can adjust as you wish GM.

    there is no such thing as a "big medium" though, lol. Medium takes up 1 hex, like a PC

    Large can take different shapes however....

    a tall large can be 1x2 vertically
    a long large can be 2x1 horizontally
    or simply 2x2 (as current)

    large has inherent reach of 2 hexes in most cases

    just let me know, it is an easy adjustment to scale the overlaying PP images of the mechs

    do you want the 2 NPC soldiers? if so, give a grid coordinate and I will add them
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:08 am

    Medium.

    G10 and G8 for soldiers.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:08 am

    map updated

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 pm

    Lumenor Smith and The Red Eyed Raven initiative -


    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    9 + 2 = 11
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:13 pm

    Goblins 18
    Chef 14
    Granish 14
    Tuq 13
    Lumenor 11
    Emil 4
    Soldiers 2
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 pm

    I will move the bad guys in a bit.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 am

    The lead mech steps up to 9F takes a swipe at 1 soldier with its falchion. The soldier deftly sidesteps and re-commits. It also snaps at the other with a claw, but gets only shield.

    The mech with the spinning blade charges to 10F, attacking with the spinning blade. (The blade seems to spin faster when the thing walks).
    BAAAAAM! The soldier falls crippled, but not dead. "Fall back you fools," he cries in pain. "We can't hold them.

    They're like nothing you've ever imagined. Twisted black iron, cables, chain, covered in spikes and knobs. Painted in blood with ghastly coats of arms, they trudge omminously and lifelessly forward.

    The third mech stops short of the other soldier. At E8 the pipes on its left arm belch forth dirty blue-green flames that smell of iron, pitch, and brimstone. The soldier fails to recover his defense after the blow to his shield and is engulfed in flames. Screaming he falls to the ground, crawling and rolling away in a panic.

    The machines' pilots don't bother to take their AoO's for that. They just trudge forward, laughing and glaring eagerly at you. You're next.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:24 am

    PH for map update, PP is at work Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:43 am

    Chef is up?

    He moves in and attacks the nearest bad guy. Chef is wielding his trusty (and overly-long and curved) Manaii butcher's blade.

    Using Perfect Strike:
    17 + 5 = 22

    damage: 6 + 3 = 9


    Chef cusses in draconic while hacking at the villain.



    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:49 am

    The machines provide significant cover to their pilots.  Are you attacking the pilot or the machine?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 am

    Start with a mech. Chef is fearless. Is the map current?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am

    Chris will update the map at work. Chef's blade connects solidly with the mech, but only it shudders slightly from the impact. He scrapes a little paint.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:52 am

    Chef spits some more angry Draconic. The blade chimes loudly in his hand. Then he yells in Common, "These things are well-armored! Any ideas?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:22 am

    I can't tell if any of them are in range of Granish (unless he does a double move, which is silly).

    Unless one is within 30', he'll have to hold his action "go for the weak spots, the chains and such ... you have to break your opponent down sometimes."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:56 am

    map is current - for those counting squares, yes the mechs are about 60ft from most of the party.  I went ahead and moved Chef, since the GM didn't object, but technically he could only reach the lead mech with a Charge, which would still give him an attack at +2 to hit, but now -2 to AC.  I will leave that up to the GM....

    Sorry the squares are kind of small, but that was the scale for this map.  If you can't see the lines on the map - then use the bright yellow letters and numbers to count your hexes  study

    navyik wrote:
    Goblins 18
    Chef 14
    Granish 14
    Tuq 13
    Lumenor 11
    Emil 4
    Soldiers 2

    Is Granish doing anything or can Tuq\Ila act?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  whit10 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:26 am

    He'll move to L-9, it should be the space right at the edge of the first building (don't want to be flanked)

    hold action to attack if any come to me
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:32 pm

    Ila will move (50ft) to give Tuq a clear LOS on the top mech.  Ila uses her standard action to ready a bite on any mech that approaches her.

    Tuq whispers silently to the Spirits for their aid (free)  "Tatanka share your might!".  Tuq applies his Animal Focus (+2 str) to himself and Ila (though they can be different) for 1 min (10 rds)

    Tuq will draw his halfling sling staff (move) and fire at E-7 mech - straight across from him, not in melee.  slingstaff has an 80ft range, so no range penalties.

    Tuq's keen hunter eyes see the tiny pilot inside the metal beast.  Tuq will aim for the pilot

    +5 ranged
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    12 + 5 = 17

    if that hits, damage is 1d6 +2 (str)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +2" :

    1 + 2 = 3

    map updated

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:48 pm

    Tuq's stone threads the needle only to deflect off of the goblin's odd looking scale /hide hybrid armor .
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:22 pm

    "Finally! The time of judgement is fully upon us, let all who would embrace new life embrace the TRIBULATION!!!!"

    Lumenor smith rushes forward, high upon a wave of spiritual ecstasy as the trials his visions have foretold begin.

    Move 30 ft to L/6-7

    He waves the lit torch in circles above his head as strides forward, pointing it in an accusing manner towards the attackers.

    "For NO EVIL shall withstand the FLAME's JUDGEMENT!" he shouts, and a burst of the flames launches from the torch, as if a portion of it has become dislodged while it was waved frantically in the air. It sails directly towards the mech at F/9-10.

    Spell, Produce flame, ranged touch attack:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    16 + 2 = 18

    DMG if HITS =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +1" :

    5 + 1 = 6

    Sponsored content

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 am