Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The day the earth shook

    Share
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:34 pm

    Emilian Initiative: 1d20 + 2 (17+2)=19
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:13 pm

    a "madbear of goblins" - HELL YEAH, lol!




    Initiative -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    19 + 2 = 21


    Thanks for the info GM
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:33 am

    Chef's initiative: 12 + 5 = 17
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 am

    Tuq and Ila initiative

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    2 + 3 = 5
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 pm

    Lumenor
    Emil
    Chef
    Fort
    Tuq
    Goblins
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:31 pm

    Chef unsheathes his long, curved blade with a smile. "I will harry the catapult crew. Any of you are welcome to help me. If we take them out, it can help the soldiers trapped inside the fort. Perhaps the stealthier of you can do ranged sneak attacks at the goblins at the gate. My attack on the catapult may draw some of them away too."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 pm

    I imagine we are all starting located vic B/22?




    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:48 pm

    MAS wrote:I imagine we are all starting located vic B/22?




    Sure. Basketball
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 pm

    "Yes, Chef, we must prepare the war engine for the feast of absolution!!!" agrees Lumenor emphatically.

    He digs into his backpack and grabs 4 flasks of oil, then stuffs them into his robes for easy access. Then, staying offscreen, moves 30 ft towards the catapult.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:11 am

    Ok.  Lumenor is at 23G.

    Emil is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:35 am

    navyik wrote:Ok.  Lumenor is at 23G.

    Emil is up.

    shhhh.... nothing to update here

    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm

    Emilian takes a cue from the crazy firebug and will move towards the catapult crew, trying to remain concealed for now.

    Double move to O-22

    Emilian keeps his bow drawn and sneaks up close to the greenskins with the catapult, stopping by a copse of trees. .

    He wants to be stealthy, so Stealth check: 1d20 + 2 dex :(18+2)=20 (-5 for more than half movement)=15

    The core rules say if moving more than half movement but less than full, Stealth checks are -5.

    Since he's taking a double move of what, 45 or 50 feet and his range is 60 ft, that's how I'd play it.

    Of course, Mr. GM is free to adjust the penalty as he sees fit.

    Emilian is done.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 pm

    Chef approaches the goblins by the catapult and begins hacking away. He curses them in Draconic.

    attack: 15 + 5 = 20
    damage: 5 + 3 = 8

    Attempting to Intimidate the pesky goblins: 6 + 7 = 13
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm

    Robyo wrote:Chef approaches the goblins by the catapult and begins hacking away. He curses them in Draconic.

    attack: 15 + 5 = 20
    damage: 5 + 3 = 8

    Attempting to Intimidate the pesky goblins:  6 + 7 = 13

    Chef would need to "run" to get there this round. (A full round action).  A double move would get him positioned to move and attack next turn.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:18 pm

    Alright. I didn't know where Chef was located on the map, just figured he started by the road. Keep my actions/rolls, he'll do them next round.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 pm

    Robyo wrote:Alright. I didn't know where Chef was located on the map, just figured he started by the road. Keep my actions/rolls, he'll do them next round.

    Will do.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:49 pm

    navyik wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Alright. I didn't know where Chef was located on the map, just figured he started by the road. Keep my actions/rolls, he'll do them next round.

    Will do.

    Emil at O-22

    where is chef?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:13 pm

    Just put chef @ O-22 unless Rob corrects me.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:41 pm

    navyik wrote:Just put chef @ O-22 unless Rob corrects me.

    That's fine. Chef will hide behind a tree until it's his turn to spring out and attack.
    Stealth: 19 + 3 = 22
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:31 am

    You can hear the squire calling out orders.  On his command, archers fire into the ram shielding and pikemen ready themselves to defend the gate. Some of them are helping a dwarf place timbers in front of the gate. You can't see if any arrows hit, but the ram keeps swinging.

    Tuq is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 am

    sorry, life got crazy on Wed, I will try to update tonight
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 am

    map updated

    Tuq spurs Ila to charge the back ranks of the goblins on the ram.  Ila knows that taking out the rear leg will down most prey.

    Ila has 50ft base movement, so can charge up to 100ft, which should get her easily to P-18, she will bite\trip the goblin at P-17

    Bite +2 charge +1 (animal focus) +2
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    18,+5
    Total:23

    Trip (free)  23 vs goblins CMD

    damage 1d6+2
    Roll(1d6)+2:
    1,+2
    Total:3

    Tuq will use the momentum from Ila's charge to bring his Lucerne Hammer down on the next goblin at P-16 with his reach

    +2 charge +3

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    14,+5
    Total:19

    damage
    Roll(1d10)+1:
    8,+1
    Total:9

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 am

    The first goblin trips.  The second one crumples under Tuq's hammer.

    This earns tuq the attention of the two nearest mechs.  They charge and attack, but miss.

    The catapult crewsprings into action.  One goblin sets a boulder in the cradle.  Another is holding a torch.  He touches the torch to the boulder and sparks begin to spew from it.  Another goblin pulls down a large lever:

    Kersmackity!  The boulder is thrust in the air, leaving a trail of sparks like a meteorite, as the war machine rattles and reels.  Crashing into a tower, the boulder explodes, sending chunks of wood and stone in all directions!

    The ram crew scatters for a moment before regrouping.  The one Ila tripped attempts to roll and crawl away from her behind the mechs.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 am

    GM - AoOs?

    Tuq has reach with his hammer, so the first mech that gets into range at 10ft away must either stop at 10ft or take an AoO as it moves from 10ft - 5ft to engage in melee.

    Ila would get an AoO against the prone goblin when he tries to crawl away. Can you "withdraw" while prone\crawling?

    _________________________________________________________________________________________

    GM - do you want any movement updates on the map?

    I am not sure placement of 2 mechs that approached Tuq\Ila, scattered goblins, catapult damage, etc
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:52 pm

    Looks like tuq gets an AoO vs. a Mech and Ila gets one vs. goblin.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:16 pm

    Tuq vs Mech
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    1,+3
    Total:4

    affraid

    Ila vs goblin
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    5,+3
    Total:8

    if that hits
    Roll(1d6)+2:
    2,+2
    Total:4

    geez..... should just sat still
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:27 pm

    Lumenor is up.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:54 pm

    Lumenor runs forward, screaming unintelligibly, towards the catapult (his 30 ft move should put him just in front of, or to the right/bottom of Chef).

    When he finishes that move, he throws a loosely capped flask of oil at the catapult spaces.

    GM - I'm not lighting it ahead of time, the intent is to simply douse the catapult in oil. Not certain how you want to handle that, so here is a simple attack roll with dex -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    12 + 2 = 14

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:20 pm

    The flask lands right in the sweet spot and shatters.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:37 pm

    navyik wrote:Lumenor
    Emil
    Chef
    Fort
    Tuq
    Goblins

    Emil is up.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:32 pm

    Emil breaks cover to snipe an arrow at one of the catapult crew, say the greenskin in T-21/22..

    1d20+2 (15+2)= 17
    If that hits 1d6+2 (3+2) +1d6 sneak attack (3) =8 damage
    Emilian pops out & takes a shot, and then tries to re - conceal himself..

    Stealth check after sniping: 1d20+2 -20 (15+2-20)= -3

    Hah, I don't think that worked for him lol

    Emilian is done.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:34 pm

    Chef takes his actions as stated earlier...

    Chef approaches the goblins by the catapult and begins hacking away. He curses them in Draconic.

    attack: 15 + 5 = 20
    damage: 5 + 3 = 8

    Attempting to Intimidate the pesky goblins: 6 + 7 = 13
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 pm

    Chef is at 22t?

    Emil expertly skewers a goblin. Chef barrels diwn on the other and makes it nearly headless.

    The squire seizes the distraction with quick wit.  On his order the gate is thrown open he counter attacks.  The archers pick off a couple more exposed ram crew goblins.  All pikemen within 6 squares push back the unmanned ram and the squire an his two cavaliers leap into the fray. (Have them attack the two mechs not engaging tuq). One of the cav's drops his lance, another's breaks on a mech to no avail. The squire misses.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:56 am

    sorry, I'll try to get the map updated later, maybe not until tonight as I am not sure I have the fort combat PP at work....
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:06 pm

    I hope that's right....

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:17 pm

    Lumenor moved 30 ft towards the catapult on his last turn, should be on an equal axis with emilo estevez.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:42 pm

    MAS wrote:Lumenor moved 30 ft towards the catapult on his last turn, should be on an equal axis with emilo estevez.

    done - did you notice the oil slick on the catapult?

    ok, it looks like a smudgy turd, I know, but I did actually google oil slick sunny

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:00 pm

    Tuq is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:59 am

    Ila and Tuq have a well-rehearsed pattern of harrying - they charge in and scatter the herd, then back out to round them up and hunt down the injured.

    Ila bites at the mech at O-18

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    17 + 3 = 20

    Trip 20 vs CMD

    if that hits, damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +3" :

    1 + 3 = 4

    Ila will then take a 5ft step (no AoO) to the south-east, diagonally away from the tripped mech, to create distance for Tuq's reach wpn


    Tuq will Sunder-swing at the downed mech's armor if possible (hard to judge if Ila could move diagonally down and right, if that creates a gap or not, up to you) or the other mech's armor at O-17 with his reach wpn (no AoO since at reach, unless mech has reach also)

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    3 + 3 = 6
    +2 sunder = 8
    +4 if against the prone mech's = 12

    I doubt that hits, but damage if it does
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +2" :

    3 + 2 = 5

    Sunder rules:

    Sunder

    You can attempt to sunder an item held or worn by your opponent as part of an attack action in place of a melee attack. If you do not have the Improved Sunder feat, or a similar ability, attempting to sunder an item provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver.

    If your attack is successful, you deal damage to the item normally. Damage that exceeds the object's Hardness is subtracted from its hit points. If an object has equal to or less than half its total hit points remaining, it gains the broken condition (see Conditions). If the damage you deal would reduce the object to less than 0 hit points, you can choose to destroy it. If you do not choose to destroy it, the object is left with only 1 hit point and the broken condition.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:43 pm

    Chris wrote:
    done - did you notice the oil slick on the catapult?  

    ok, it looks like a smudgy turd, I know, but I did actually google oil slick  sunny

    Nicely done!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm

    Ila gets a hold of the mech's ankle, but this time the pilot anticipates the move.  Ilas teeth slip and scrape across the hardened alloy.  She catches nots and bolts, nearly knocking it off balance as the pilot back pedals to compensate.  

    Tuq's hammer strikes true, resonating off of the the mech's heavy armor harmlessly.  (The blood will fill back into his knuckles on his next action).  He notes that there may be more sunderable targets on the mechs than the armor.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 am

    One mech lays into the squire's horse.  He stays in the saddle, but is noticably concerned for his horse.  

    The ram goblins withdraw in chaotic terror.  The two remaining catapult goblins also flee the scene.  One tosses his torch at the nearby pile of boulders as he leaves.

    The mechs on Tuq step up 5' and attack Ila.  The first misses with blade and hits with claw for 11 dmg.  The second hits with blade for 8 dmg more.  

    Ila drops unconscious.  Ride check?  

    The 2nd mech pilot then douses 4 of the pikemen in flaming oily ashy resin.  2 of them fall down screaming and rolling around trying to extinguish the flames.  The other 2 are singed but not engulfed.

    The pile of boulders errupts in catastrouphic mayhem.  Reflex save for Chef, (dmg).  Fort save for Chef, Emil, and Lumenor, (hearing).
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:18 am

    REF -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    4





    WHUT?
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:29 am

    Emilian save;: 1d20+1 (13+1)=14

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:02 am

    Chef REFLEX save: 7 + 4 = 11
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 am

    navyik wrote:
    The mechs on Tuq step up 5' and attack Ila.  The first misses with blade and hits with claw for 11 dmg.  The second hits with blade for 8 dmg more.  

    Ila drops unconscious.  Ride check?  

    Ride check to negate the first attack

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    15 + 8 = 23

    Mounted Combat (Combat)

    You are adept at guiding your mount through combat.

    Prerequisite: Ride 1 rank.

    Benefit: Once per round when your mount is hit in combat, you may attempt a Ride check (as an immediate action) to negate the hit. The hit is negated if your Ride check result is greater than the opponent's attack roll.


    if that fails, Ila drops, Ride check as you requested

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    3 + 8 = 11
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:53 am

    Ila avoids the first attack! cheers

    Emils ears are ringing a bit.  Lumenor is temporarily "deafened."

    Chef takes 1 fire dmg and 5 piercing from the blast and debris.

    The catapult is a heap of flaming oily wreckage.  It sends a thick nasty plume of smoke into the sky.  A 6x6 patch of map is zero visibility, (centered on the right rear wheel of the catapult).  You've lost sight of the remaining goblin crew.

    Chef needs a fort save or be deafened.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:59 pm

    Chef had been scorched previously. The blast damage puts him at zero HP.

    Fort save: 5 + 3 = 8

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:50 pm

    navyik wrote:
    navyik wrote:Lumenor
    Emil
    Chef
    Fort
    Tuq
    Goblins
    Lumenor is up.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  MAS on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:40 am

    Lumenor rushes to Chef's aid as he crumples to the ground. He lacks any real skill at healing, but has quite a bit of experience in treating burns, so he takes is best shot -




    1 rank, +4 from Wisdom, -2 from lack of healing kit
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    12 + 3 = 15





    Not sure if the requirement for two uses from a healer's kit means I have to make a second roll next round, or what. Please let me know GM!

    Treat Deadly Wounds: When treating deadly wounds, you can restore hit points to a damaged creature. Treating deadly wounds restores 1 hit point per level of the creature. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, add your Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. A creature can only benefit from its deadly wounds being treated within 24 hours of being injured and never more than once per day. You must expend two uses from a healer's kit to perform this task. You take a –2 penalty on your Heal skill check for each use from the healer's kit that you lack.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The day the earth shook

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 pm