Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:04 pm

    The group arrives at the trail head where the ramp accesses the gorge.  It isn't very deep here, but the view stretching down to the south betrays treacherous terrain with few access points.  Lumenor is reminded of his vision; a cataclysmic history known in records, but his visual is unique.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 pm

    "Its........ALL........on fire. It just doesnt remember...." observes Lumeneor, in a hushed and solemn tone.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:54 pm

    clarification - the mech tracks go across the gorge or down into the gorge?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 am

    Chris wrote:clarification - the mech tracks go across the gorge or down into the gorge?

    They go down into the gorge.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:27 pm

    HEADS UP -

    Rob's internet is down since yesterday, we had a really nasty line of storms come through that hit vicinity Rockford / Rochelle / Dekalb and he lost service as a result.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 pm

    Lumeneor strides confidently down the trail into the gorge.....
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:40 am

    The gorge can get very narrow in places, ocassionally scraping the sides of the wagon.  The group has to clear a limb or small boulder for the wagon from time to time.

    At first, the counterarmor tracks are easy to follow.  Then, they seem to walk into the creek.  By noon they are gone.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:37 am

    Tuq and Ila will look for the exit spot on the far side of the creek, where the ground should be soft and muddy for the heavy mechs to leave footprints. Ila will sniff along the far bank to try and pick up the strange scent of the oils used to grease the pulleys and the acrid smell of their chemicals.

    Survival for Tracking

    Tuq, visual tracking +10
    Ila, scent tracking +9

    Ila
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    11,+9
    Total:20

    Tuq
    Roll(1d20)+10:
    13,+10
    Total:23
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm

    You and Ila think they were all walking in the creek here.  You can rule out exit, anyway.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm

    You and Ila think they were all walking in the creek here.  You can rule out exit, anyway.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:58 pm

    Tuq calls out from the far shore, "They didn't exit here. They must have continued to walk in the river.... or..... "

    Tuq uses the haft of his longspear to poke around the rocks in the riverbed (search for secret doors)

    Perception
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  whit10 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:47 pm

    For shit's and giggles... Korwin will make a perception check as well. He's still rather on edge given what happened earlier.

    Roll(1d20)+2:
    11,+2
    Total:13

    heh, never mind.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:36 pm

    Checking internet at the folks' house. We still have an outage at the homestead. Will continue to check in as often as I can.

    Chef sits in the driver's seat of the wagon and chews absently on some jerky. "What you fellas see down there?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:22 pm

    We will take it slow for the time being.  Don't want to leave Rob in the dust.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:42 pm

    Considering the pace of games on the forum, I don't think that will be a problem! Rolling Eyes

    Anyways, our internerd is back up. That tornado Thursday night knocked Comcast out for 4 days. Wow.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 am

    Chris wrote:Tuq calls out from the far shore, "They didn't exit here.  They must have continued to walk in the river.... or..... "

    Tuq uses the haft of his longspear to poke around the rocks in the riverbed (search for secret doors)

    Perception
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    17,+9
    Total:26

    Tuq searches briefly and concludes they must've continued down the creek.  As he looks back up he sees Ila's hackles raised.  She smells smoke downriver...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:27 pm

    navyik wrote:
    Tuq searches briefly and concludes they must've continued down the creek.  As he looks back up he sees Ila's hackles raised.  She smells smoke downriver...

    (feeling a bit like Luke on his Tauntaun) "What's the matter, girl, you smell something?"

    Tuq alerts the rest of the party.

    Can Ila tell from which side of the creek the smoke is blowing?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:19 pm

    With a careful eye tuq sees the smoke southeastish.  He can't guarantee a source from this vantage point.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:09 am

    "If we leave the road, we'll have to ditch the wagon. I'll stay with the wagon for now. Tuq and Emil might want to sneak over and check out the smoke. Come back with some more details about the river banks too."

    Is the bottom of the gorge wooded at all? Any big rocks? If we're staying for a bit, Chef will tie up the wagon and horse, preferably near some felled tree or boulders. Then he will (quietly) go about placing brush around them, using the felled tree as a base, building a concealment against eyes from the road.
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Arcturus2 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 am

    Sorry guys, been a busy couple days while I'm working out a new deal at work..

    Emilian wouldn't have been doing anything up to this point anyway, being as he's kind of lazy.

    Since Tuq and Ila spotted smoke, he'll climb a tree and see if he can determine where it's coming from, or gather any other data.

    Climb check: 1d20+5 (17+5)=22

    Perception Check: 1d20+4 (19+4)=23

    He may as well try to stay concealed while he does it, so Stealth check:
    1d20+7 (17+7)=24

    Can Emil scale a tree, and if so, does he see any more details than Tuq and Ila already spotted?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  whit10 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:37 pm

    Korwin will grab a chaw of his favorite chewing tobacco and will wait patiently
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 pm

    Chef approaches Korwin and looks at the sun. "Aye, blacksmith, well met. I've heard you are a craftsman of weapons." The cook holds out his butcher blade. "Can you replicate a blade such as this? Perhaps in the masterwork style? Hammered from adamantine?" Sheathing the blade, he adds, "I'd be happy to pay whatever you need, after we loot these goblin scum of course."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:16 am

    The road is above the gorge.  The trappers trail and the creek are IN the gorge.  The wagon can make it, just not at full speed.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:02 am

    per GM, map is being posted.  10 goblins (6 regular, 4 pilots), 4 mechs across the river from a water wheel.  party is entering from map-right side



    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 am

    Ok, but Chef isn't taking the wagon into battle if he can help it. Tethered to a tree, concealed.

    "Shall we sneak up on them?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 am

    Sneak up on them? out of character comment... with what stealth? Not everyone is sneaky
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:39 am

    "Best to scatter the herd. Even deer are dangerous in large numbers, if they trample you all at once. We can use both range and terrain to our advantage here."
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Arcturus2 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:01 pm

    Emilian scampers down from his tree.

    "I could eh... circle around and flank them, with the small one and his puppy, and we could catch them in the, eh.. crossfire... "

    He grins and nods at Lumenor.

    "with the crazy man throwing fire at them from this side.."

    He grins and shrugs.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:37 pm

    Just ahead of where Chef parks the wagon, the canyon narrows and then opens to the above clearing.

    The party can enter the map between Y-1  to Y-9.


    Casual observation reveals that the wheelhouse is operational and noisy. It snugs up to the canyon wall Curious add-ons twist up the steep and mostly sheer cliff face some 50' to a barn, and the whole thing seems to vibrate.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:15 pm

    "A water-works of some kind.... maybe where the goblins build their machines?" Tuq wonders to himself

    what are the goblins doing? (activity, state of paying attention, etc)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:34 am

    Those of you accustomed to travel in this area recognize it as Old Gabby's Gin Mill.  The goblins appear to have been camping here and are not breaking camp.  The pilots are tinkering with their mechs.  The two by the bridge seem to be studying the mill and are drawing in a primitive clipboard.

    After a minute, a goblin emerges from the mill waving.  The rest of the goblins run playfully into the mill except for the mech pilots.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:28 am

    Tuq seizes the initiative! (partial action for each?)

    Tuq rides to X-6, which gives him a straight and clear LOS to H-6. Tuq casts Entanlge, centered on hex H-6. Entangle has a range of 480ft and an area of effect radius of 40ft, which covers 8 hexes in all directions. That covers all the way to the west side of the map, the top of the map, down through the Gin mill and to line O on the east side in grasping vines.

    Save = Reflex DC 10 + 1 + 3 = 13 (partial)

    This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

    If the plants in the area are covered in thorns, those in the area take 1 point of damage each time they fail a save against the entangle or fail a check made to break free. Other effects, depending on the local plants, might be possible at GM discretion.


    If that is ok with GM, I will update map....
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:44 pm

    Surprise round for the rest of the party.

    Roll initiative.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  whit10 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 pm

    Korwin

    Roll(1d20)+1:
    11,+1
    Total:12


    Last edited by whit10 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

    Chef initiative:

    18 + 5 = 23

    cheers
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:03 pm

    Lumenor init -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    17 + 2 = 19
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:31 am

    Tuq and Ila
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    7,+3
    Total:10
    avatar
    Arcturus2

    Posts : 523
    Join date : 2014-03-12

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Arcturus2 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:48 pm

    Emilian: 1d20 +2 (2+2)=4
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:32 pm

    Chef will take a double-move, to behind the 2nd tree in, space 0-P or so.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:28 pm

    Initiative order:
    Chef
    Lumenor
    Korwin
    Tuq
    Pilots
    Emil

    You each get a partial action (either a move or standard) as a surprise round before initiative.  The goblins don't get this action.  


    Then we'll start over for the full round actions.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:16 pm

    Move Chef to behind the first tree.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:59 pm

    Robyo wrote:Move Chef to behind the first tree.

    Lumenor follows chef to the tree, his eyes alight with strange glee.....
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 pm

    map updated, I included Tuq who is up after Korwin, but his movement shouldn't affect the spell placement

    mech pilots need Reflex save DC = 13 for partial save vs Entangle (full spell description posted above)

    Ila - partial, move
    Tuq - partial, cast entangle

    green transparent circle is AoE for Entangle

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

    korwin moves to U -1
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm

    Thanks to Chris for the map work.  

    Assuming Tuq doesn't need a concentration check to cast from a moving mount, (?) We can now begin round one.

    Chef is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:36 pm

    navyik wrote:Thanks to Chris for the map work.  
    Assuming Tuq doesn't need a concentration check to cast from a moving mount, (?) We can now begin round one.
    Chef is up.

    I would have given you one if it was called for Rolling Eyes

    Casting Spells While Mounted: You can cast a spell normally if your mount moves up to a normal move (its speed) either before or after you cast. If you have your mount move both before and after you cast a spell, then you're casting the spell while the mount is moving, and you have to make a concentration check due to the vigorous motion (DC 10 + spell level) or lose the spell. If the mount is running (quadruple speed), you can cast a spell when your mount has moved up to twice its speed, but your concentration check is more difficult due to the violent motion (DC 15 + spell level).

    what effect can Tuq see? do the pilots appear to be entangled?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm

    I realize the mechanics have certain timing to which we are accustomed and for which we often account when planning our next moves.

    That said, as a storyteller, I wanted to gradually invoke this effect as part of the goblins' actions.  Right now they are surprized (and frozen in time as your ramped up adrenalized minds percieve them).  The plants begin to slither and sway toward the mech pilots, grasping and coiling at them.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 pm

    Okay, makes sense.

    Chef makes a double-move to behind the tree at M-3 or so, locating him inside the area of entanglement.

    Reflex save: 19 + 4 = 23
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:49 am

    Lumenor moves to R / 2.

    He then holds his lantern high above his head, points at Chef, and shouts "The Holy Fire is upon you!!!"

    Chef is granted "Fury" for 4 rounds -
    Fury (Su): A shaman incites a creature within 30 feet into a primal fury. The target receives a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws against fear for a number of rounds equal to the shaman's Wisdom modifier.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  navyik on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:11 am

    Nice.
    Korwun is up.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Chef's chuckwagon rides again!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm