Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    1: A Tangled Web

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:18 am

    One afternoon, while lounging at his apartment, Ernest sees some text appear on the interface screen of his etherscope focus:

    Horrus11, Meet me at The Temple of Zuul, 1 hour.

    catwalk


    The Temple of Zuul is a virtual lounge deep inside the Matrix. It is popular with hackers and netrunners.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:28 am

    Mr Osborn munches on a twinkie while preping his net programs for the journey ahead. A half hour later he enters the etherspace and searches out a dark and quiet corner. He quickly scans through his repertoire of net scripts, stopping on "invisible" just before launching it on his avatar form. Now moving unseen through the matrix, Horus11 stops outside the Temple of Zuul and scans the area for trouble. After a moment he glides inside (still invisible) and searches for any sign of catwalk.

    Assuming I find catwalk there, I cast "Message" and whisper to her that I have arrived. I wait for her reply.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:07 am

    Mr. Osborn jacks into the Matrix using the high-quality connection in his etherscope focus. He accesses the etherscope where the Temple of Zuul is located, one building amongst many, on a huge slowly spinning disk floating in the ether.



    The surface of the disk has the hybridized look of New York City crossed with a circuit board. Ghostly avatars crisscross making their way, seeking data and interfacing.


    Seemingly unnoticed, Mr. O rounds the street corner leading up to The Temple of Zuul.



    There is a line of at least 50 avatars waiting to get into the club. At the gate are several brutish types checking patrons as they enter. The brutes are obviously bouncers.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:27 pm

    Horus11 attempts to bypass the long line into the club and slip in through a back door, if possible. If no other entrance exists, he will try to make his way past the bouncers unnoticed.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:47 pm

    From the street, there doesn't appear to be another door or exit. Horus11 could walk around and give me an Investigation check, searching for (concealed) doors.

    If Horru goes in the front door (invisible), give me a Stealth check. There are three Large-sized bouncers standing near the door. One is an troll, one is a mech, and one is goliath.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:45 pm

    Investigation check around the building then.

    Rolled an 18 + Investigation 6 = 24

    Any concealed doors?

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:12 pm

    Around the back of the building is an empty alleyway. It is eerily quiet. Suddenly, a cat jumps out of dumpster and scampers away. Something doesn't seem quite right to Horrus11. He perceives that an illusionary field is in effect. Stepping into the field, he finds himself in the actual alleyway.

    " />

    Two heavily armed men stand guard in front of a metal door. It appears to be the back door of the Temple of Zuul. The guards seem to have not noticed Horrus11. The door is 20' away. The nearest guard to Horrus11 is 15' away.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:56 pm

    Hmm... a back door. Useful bit of information, but I didn't come here to start a fight, and I'm sure catwalk didn't come this way.

    Horus11 makes his way back toward the main door, in an effort to slip past the bouncers unnoticed.
    "I would just queue myself up at the end of this line like a nice little boy, but I don't have the time. Catwalk won't stick around forever. I need to get in there now!"

    Horus11 makes a Stealth check at advantage: 12 + INT mod of 4 (16)
    Any chance I made it?
    What a Face

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:03 pm

    Horrus11 sneaks past the crowded line of would-be patrons. "Hey man, anyone need some death stix?" he hears as he walks past the line. Horrus11 also sneaks past the three giant bouncers. The large mech looks quizzically in his direction, but then shakes his head muttering, "I don't get paid enough."

    Inside the club, the music is thumping and people are dancing, drinking, imbibing, and generally wandering about or just sitting.



    No sign yet of Catwalk.

    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 am

    "Should've grabbed some death stix to pass the time... oh well."
    I head into a dark corner of the club, maybe behind a curtain, and dispel my invisibility. I grab a drink and scan the crowd, looking for Catwalk or anything else of interest.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 pm

    After a time, a robot server returns with Horrus11's drink. "Fifty credits," the robot says. "And I was told to give you this."

    She hands him a folded napkin. It says: I am in the balcony. Make sure you're not followed.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:18 pm

    Horus11 wads up the napkin and stuffs it in his pocket. He pays the waiter for the drink and moves around the club, paying close attention to the balcony level.
    Do I see any sign of Catwalk?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm

    Bronson, I am following your thread, great job!

    Nico's story is currently running on his character page, if you want to follow it until we intersect
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:48 pm

    Chris, I've been following your story too. I've really been enjoying your great writing and pics! I think Rob is gonna have a sci-fi novel on his hands when we're done.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:20 am

    MrBrownstone75 wrote:Horus11 wads up the napkin and stuffs it in his pocket. He pays the waiter for the drink and moves around the club, paying close attention to the balcony level.
    Do I see any sign of Catwalk?

    He spends a few minutes moving about the club, taking in details as much as he can. From gandering on the first floor, Horrus11 cannot see if Catwalk is upstairs.

    In one corner of the establishment, he notices a corp and two armed guards walking brisquely down the catwalk.

    " />
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 am

    Armed guards and a corp eh? Horus11 heads upstairs to the balcony level trying to blend in with the crowd as much as possible. Moving slowly, he meanders throughout the clubbers, looking for any sign of Catwalk. He takes his time checking out the shadowy lounges in the corners of the room, paying special attention to any wallflowers.

    If I need to roll a perception check: 16 + 2 (18)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:17 pm

    Horrus11 finds his way upstairs to the balcony nook. There is a bar to one side, and a series of tables by the railing overlooking the dance floor. A few tables are in private coves along the shadowy inner walls.

    " />

    Horrus11 spies about 11 patrons nearby, in shadowy conditions.

    At a table in the corner sits Catwalk. Her back is to the wall. The corporate suit is seated at the table with her,

    " />


    his two guards standing behind and beside him. Both guards have plated armor and high powered rifles.


    " />

    Catwalk looks unharmed, but tense.

    Horrus11 spies two especially shadowy figures standing on opposite sides of the balcony.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:35 pm

    Meanwhile, on the street corner outside the club,

    " />


    A phone booth lights up from the inside,

    " />


    and a lethal assassin arrives on the scene.




    Nico finds Musafa's vial of black ice.

    " />
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:41 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    and a lethal assassin arrives on the scene.



    lol!

    Nico will gawk and gape like a tourist. Nico takes some pictures as he walks towards the back alley entrance he saw on the security vidcap.

    "ooh... dis is soooo awsum! I can't beleeve I am at the TEMPLE OF ZUUL! I am sooo going to post dis on my Facebook. (gasp) I might go VIRAL"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:15 pm

    No Stealth check, then?

    Nico passes through the illusion and rounds the corner to the rear of the club.

    " />

    Two heavily armed men stand guard in front of a metal door. It appears to be the back door of the Temple of Zuul. The door is 20' away. The nearest guard to Nico is 15' away.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:10 pm

    Horrus11 finds his way upstairs to the balcony nook. There is a bar to one side, and a series of tables by the railing overlooking the dance floor. A few tables are in private coves along the shadowy inner walls.
    Horrus11 spies about 11 patrons nearby, in shadowy conditions.
    At a table in the corner sits Catwalk. Her back is to the wall. The corporate suit is seated at the table with her,
    his two guards standing behind and beside him. Both guards have plated armor and high powered rifles.
    Catwalk looks unharmed, but tense.
    Horrus11 spies two especially shadowy figures standing on opposite sides of the balcony.

    Horus11 sits at a table a safe distance away, but positioned so he can keep an eye on the conversation. He sips on his drink and pretends not to notice.
    He waits for the corp and his guards to leave before making his next move.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:39 pm

    Seated at a table across the room, Horus11 can see Catwalk talking with the Corporate Man. But he cannot hear what is said. The din of club beats and excited chatter is too loud to hear the words. Catwalk looks fearful. She spots Horrus11 and their eyes meet.

    Then Catwalk reaches down by her side. The guards tense up, waving their guns at her. She brings out a black box made of some strange shiny material. The box is not much bigger than her hand. She places it gingerly on the table.

    The man in black smiles. He stares at the object  for a moment and then picks it up. Then he makes a comment about it, and quickly stashes it inside his briefcase. He smiles once more, and slides his datapad over to her. She stares at the screen in horror.

    Catwalk looks up at Horrus11 and shouts, "Ernest, they're gonna kill my daughter! Help me!"

    She kicks over the table and draws her electroblade.


    Bronson roll initiative.

    *I'll be posting a rough map momentarily...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:50 pm

    Robyo wrote:No Stealth check, then?

    Nico passes through the illusion and rounds the corner to the rear of the club.

    Two heavily armed men stand guard in front of a metal door. It appears to be the back door of the Temple of Zuul. The door is 20' away. The nearest guard to Nico is 15' away.

    Nerdimus Prime squeals with delight, "I found it!  I found it!  The super secret back door entrance to the Temple of Zuul."  Nerdimus Prime runs up to the 2 guards like an American tourist seeing the Queen's guards at Buckingham Palace.  "You guys are even bigger in person!"  Nerdimus Prime snaps out his selfie stick and tries to get in position for a pic with the nearest guard.



    (using thieves cant as a Deception)

    "I even know the secret passcode, it's "Are you the keymaster?"  no wait, that's what you say.  I say, "I am the gatekeeper".  No wait, that's not what I was told by the walking cat.  The celery stalks at midnight. A friend in need is a friend indeed?  A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone"

    (thieves cant takes 4 times as long to say something.  the basic message is that someone is stalking Catwalk.  I am her friend, here to protect her at this moment, no time to call for help)

    Deception
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    15,+7
    Total:22
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 pm

    The sentinels look at each other. Then one answers, "That's an odd way of telling us, but okay."

    The other sentinel unlocks the door by punching in a code. "She came in this way not too long ago," he says. "Is she gonna be okay? You want me to call it in?"

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:09 pm

    Here's a map for the encounter. I used graph paper and chits, yup.

    " />

    " />

    red & gold - Horrus11

    red - Catwalk

    blue - corp

    purple - guards

    brown - shadowy loners

    green - patrons

    orange - server bots

    I mainly marked tables and chairs, there's also some booths wrapping along the walls. There is a bar area at one end of the map (top left). The walkway leads to a door (on the right) and to more coves and tables past the bottom (off map). The railing is 4 feet high and metalic. It is a 30' drop to the dance floor below.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 am

    Initiative roll is 14 + INT 4 = (18)

    On my turn I cast Mage Armor, making my AC 17 for the next 8 hours.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:52 am

    Round 1:

    - Mr. X
    - Horus11
    - Catwalk
    - guard 1
    - guard 2


    ~Guards had held actions and they open up on Catwalk. Four shots fired, she takes three in the chest. She looks bloody, but still standing. Catwalk makes her connection save, so she's still in the game.

    ~Mr. X steps forward clutching the briefcase. He teleports to G-36.


    Horus11 is up.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

    In addition to casting Mage Armor, Horus11 flips over his table so it faces the fight (perhaps a little bit of cover?) He is crouched behind the table now, peeking over the top just enough to see the action.
    I assume at this point the patrons are all ducking, running and screaming around the club?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:19 am

    Robyo wrote:The sentinels look at each other. Then one answers, "That's an odd way of telling us, but okay."

    The other sentinel unlocks the door by punching in a code. "She came in this way not too long ago," he says. "Is she gonna be okay? You want me to call it in?"

    Nerdimus Prime seems to think about it for a minute, but quickly replies, "No, it might be an inside job, not sure who to trust yet.  Keep yours eyes open and be ready to help."  Nerdimus Prime enters the Temple of Zuul.

    In the VR bar, Nico reaches up and deactivates his forged chip with a self amused grin.  I kind of like his fool, he is lovable in his own way.  I will have to keep him.  Now, down to business so I can get off this fetid rock....

    Nerdimus Prime melts away as Nico pass through the darkened hallways of the Temple of Zuul.

    Nico's main avatar scans the inside of the Temple for Catwalk



    Perception check  Wis +2, Prof +2

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    6,+4
    Total:10
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:57 pm

    ~Catwalk throws out her arms and concentrates. An invisible Wall of Force surrounds her (bumping the closer guard back 5'). As a bonus action, she turns herself invisible.

    ~The guards open fire but their bullets cannot penetrate the invisible wall. The bullets reflect wildly.

    ~The other patrons begin fleeing out of the room, screaming and crying.

    Except for the two loners. One of them flips over a table and ducks behind it.

    The other one stays seated and takes another drink. He looks like:

    " />


    Round 2:

    ~Mr. X studies the scene for a moment, then shouts to his henchmen, "Forget it you fools! She's behind a force field! Cover me and shoot anyone who tries being a hero." He runs toward the doorway.

    Horrus11 is up.

    Robyo wrote:
    Initiative:
    - Mr. X
    - Horus11
    - Catwalk
    - guard 1
    - guard 2

    Map updated:
    " />

    red & gold - Horrus11

    red - Catwalk (invisible)

    blue - Mr. X

    purple - guards

    brown - shadowy loners

    green - patrons

    orange - server bots
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:09 am

    Chris wrote:

    Nico Perception check  Wis +2, Prof +2

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    6,+4
    Total:10

    The rear entrance leads to a kitchen. Nico hears throbbing bass, gunshots, and screaming and yelling, but no idea what direction they came from.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:09 am

    Nico will gestures to the kitchen staff to head out the back door.  Nevermind, they can't really be killed in the Matrix....

    Nico will head for the main guest area.  A kitchen usually has a set of double swinging doors that lead to the bar.....
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:54 am

    Most of the kitchen staff are bots anyways.

    Beyond the kitchen, Nico makes it to the main dance floor. The DJ is still playing, but many avatars are looking around anxiously. Some folks are staring and pointing at the balcony level.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm

    on the bigger map, where is Nico?

    you don't have to add a chit and repost, just give me some coordinates, please
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:21 pm

    It is a big venue. Nico isn't on the map yet.

    He has just entered the dancefloor, a huge area of the 1st level. The terrain is crowded. Besides that, the environment is loud, perhaps even a bit mentally unbalancing. Nico is cool though.


    Give me a Perception check (intuition/sense of direction), followed by a Dash move. Nico would be pushing through the crowd in a hurry and drawing attention to himself.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:43 pm

    Robyo wrote:It is a big venue. Nico isn't on the map yet.

    He has just entered the dancefloor, a huge area of the 1st level. The terrain is crowded. Besides that, the environment is loud, perhaps even a bit mentally unbalancing. Nico is cool though.

    Give me a Perception check (intuition/sense of direction), followed by a Dash move. Nico would be pushing through the crowd in a hurry and drawing attention to himself.

    Perception
    Roll(1d20)+4:
    19,+4
    Total:23

    As a Rogue, with Cunning Action, I get a bonus Dash\disengage\hide action each round.  I read the Dash rules, but I don't see a roll or anything, it just looks like it doubles my move speed.

    Anyways, Nico's plan is to avoid the crowd entirely.  Nico is going to run up the walls to the balcony.  (this IS the matrix after all and Nico has boots of spider climb!)

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:00 pm

    Hell yeah! Nico acutely determines the direction of action. Thanks to the free VR app included in his anti-grav boots, he makes good distance. The assassin does a double-dash down the floor, across the wall, up a pillar, over the railing, and landing in space FF-4. He can see some of the patrons fleeing, but doesn't yet see the center of action.

    Roll initiative please. We'll slot him in next round.

    " />

    " />

    red & gold - Horrus11

    red - Catwalk (invisible)

    blue - Mr. X

    purple - guards

    brown - shadowy loners

    green - patrons

    orange - server bots

    yellow - Nico
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:07 pm

    Round 2:

    Horrus11 is up.


    Initiative:
    - Mr. X
    - Horus11
    - Catwalk
    - guard 1
    - guard 2
    - patrons
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:10 pm

    Initiative roll

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    3,+4
    Total:7

    just a dex check?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:39 pm

    Chris wrote:Initiative roll

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    3,+4
    Total:7

    just a dex check?

    Yep. There's also a feat that gives you a +5, I think.


    Initiative:
    - Mr. X
    - Horus11
    - Catwalk
    - guard 1
    - guard 2
    - loner 1
    - loner 2
    - Nico (joins in round 3)
    - patrons
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:48 pm

    Sorry for the delay guys...

    Horus11 makes a 15' move into M34 and casts Chomatic Orb (lightning) at the corp in I30.
    Attack roll: 8 + 6 = (14)
    if I hit I do 10 points of lightning damage.
    Horus11 continues his move out of the lounge (another 15') stopping in square O31.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 am

    ~Before retreating behind the wall of the lounge, Horrus11 tosses a Chromatic Orb at the corp, but it's a miss.

    ~Catwalk re-appears suddenly at G-30. She swings her short sword at the corp and the blade disconnects at the shaft, connected by a thin chain. She has reach with the weapon, but she misses.

    ~The two guards saw Catwalk attack their boss, so they shoot. She takes 3 bullets in the back. The image of her avatar loses focus, flashes, and makes static. She disappears.

    ~Loner 1 stands up (he's finished his drink). His name is Kaan, he has a job to do.



    He shoots at the corp with a crossbow. It's a miss! (DM's dice are sucking lately) then he moves up to I-28.

    ~Loner 2 pops up from behind an over-turned table. Her name is Zandra, but you never met her yet.

    " />

    She shoots at the corp with her crossbow. Finally, a hit! Mr. X appears weakened from the bolt. Zandra moves up to H-36.

    ~Patrons continue to flee the area.


    Round 3:

    ~Mr. X sneers at the interloper (Kaan) and teleports past him to I-24.


    Horus11 is up.


    " />

    red & gold - Horrus11

    blue - Mr. X

    purple - guards

    brown - Kaan and Zandra

    green - patrons

    orange - server bots

    yellow - Nico
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:02 am

    Horus11 moves to N-26. While using the server bot as a body shield he casts another Chromatic Orb at the corp (this time poison type).

    Attack roll: 19 + 6 (25)
    I assume that's a hit.
    Rolled 13 damage.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:45 pm

    ~Horus11's second Chromatic Orb finds it's mark. Mr. X is covered in poison. He screams while his avatar dissolves as if in acid. The image fizzles and distorts, then he is gone. All that remains on the floor: the black case he'd taken from Cakewalk.

    ~"I think we should follow the boss," says one of the guards.
    "You heard him," replies the other. "Kill any heroes. So shoot her!" The two corporate guardsman shoot at Zandra. She is hit twice.

    ~Kaan runs over to I-24 and scoops up the case in his hands. "I've got it, Z," he shouts into his (hands-free) comlink. "Let's move!"

    ~"Roger that!" Zandra replies as she rushes out of the lounge. She ends her turn at H-25.


    Nico is up.


    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:26 pm

    Assuming Nico can see all of the above from the balcony.....  

    Robyo wrote:~Before retreating behind the wall of the lounge, Horrus11 tosses a Chromatic Orb at the corp, but it's a miss.

    ~Catwalk re-appears suddenly at G-30. She swings her short sword at the corp and the blade disconnects at the shaft, connected by a thin chain. She has reach with the weapon, but she misses.

    ~The two guards saw Catwalk attack their boss, so they shoot. She takes 3 bullets in the back. The image of her avatar loses focus, flashes, and makes static. She disappears.

    ~Mr. X sneers at the interloper (Kaan) and teleports past him to I-24.


    Frak! Mufasa won't like this one bit, she's already de-rezzed out of the Matrix.  I am never going to get off this rock......

    Robyo wrote:~Horus11's second Chromatic Orb finds it's mark. Mr. X is covered in poison. He screams while his avatar dissolves as if in acid. The image fizzles and distorts, then he is gone. All that remains on the floor: the black case he'd taken from Cakewalk.

    ~"I think we should follow the boss," says one of the guards.
    "You heard him," replies the other. "Kill any heroes. So shoot her!" The two corporate guardsman shoot at Zandra. She is hit twice.

    ~Kaan runs over to I-24 and scoops up the case in his hands. "I've got it, Z," he shouts into his (hands-free) comlink. "Let's move!"

    ~"Roger that!" Zandra replies as she rushes out of the lounge. She ends her turn at H-25.

    Nico is up.

    Wait a minute now.... what's this?  They are all fighting over that case.  I wonder if that has the data Catwalk stole from Black Sun....

    Nico will Dash (bonus) up to ? looks like T-3, 60ft north, moving diagonal once to avoid the tables. Nico will duck down and hide in front of the stairs, using the railing to break LOS from the fight area.

    Stealth, if possible
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    20 + 8 = 28

    If not possible, Nico will ready an action to shoot an enemies that try to come past him.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 pm

    Okay, Nico can certainly find a shadow to Hide in. However, there's many people rushing to get down the stairs. Nico might want to at least put himself on his side of the stairway (U-4), I would think.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:38 pm

    Robyo wrote:Okay, Nico can certainly find a shadow to Hide in. However, there's many people rushing to get down the stairs. Nico might want to at least put himself on his side of the stairway (U-4), I would think.

    sure, that makes sense.

    Nico would like to draw a dagger in his offhand while he hides. I think that is free, since you can interact with 1 object in conjunction with a standard action
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:56 am

    The patrons on the balcony continue to flee  towards the stair way,

    Nico can see people on the dance floor. The DJ is still playing, but many folk have gathered together, standing around and staring up at the action above. He also notices several members of club security moving across the dance floor on their way towards the stairway.

    (*I haven't been marking or putting chits on the 1st Floor... If the action moves down there, I will fill out more detail of that part of the map)

    Round: 4

    Initiative:
    - Horus11
    - guard 1
    - guard 2
    - Kaan
    - Zandra
    - Nico
    - patrons


    Horus11 is up.

    " />

    red & gold - Horus11

    purple - guards

    brown - Kaan / Zandra

    green - patrons

    orange - server bots

    yellow - Nico


    Last edited by Robyo on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

    "Damn! Now there's two more scumbags I need to deal with?"
    Horus11 moves out of sight as best he can to O-32 before using his last Invisibility power for the day.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:14 pm

    ~Horus11 moves to O-32. No one seems to notice or care as he pops his invisibility.

    ~The guards move down towards the doorway. They have 3/4 cover as they lean out and shoot at the two interlopers. Both getting shot twice, now Kaan is looking bloody.

    ~Kaan and Zandra both take Cunning Actions and Dash to quickly get inside the bar perimeter. They are crouching, but in a hurry.


    Nico is up.


    " />

    Sponsored content

    Re: 1: A Tangled Web

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm