Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    2: Swap of Gravity

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:25 pm

    The avatar of Horus11 appears in a phone booth near the docks of Delta5. He steps out to a view of the bay.

    " />


    In the shadow of a warehouse building is Catwalk. A black cat is standing at her feet.

    "Glad you could make it," she says when Horus11 gets near. "I'm ready for those bastards this time." She holds up a microchip. "When Mr. X shows me Ava on his datapad, I'll implant this app. It will allow me to track Ava's whereabouts on my pad. I'm almost certain she's still somewhere on Australia. Then we polymorph back to Sydney and rescue her!"
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 pm

    So what do you need me to do in the meantime? I've got some scripts at the ready if things get tough, but after that last battle in the Temple of Zuul I'm low on juice.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:05 am

    "Stay hidden. I'll signal you if I need you."


    You wait around another 10 minutes and then an E corp yacht is seen approaching the dock.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 pm

    Horus11 finds a dimly lit area of the docks and hides behind a few crates there. He keeps an eye on Catwalk and readies a deconstruction script in case things turn ugly.
    Maybe its time to invest in some weapons. Especially if I'm gonna be hanging around this crazy cat!

    Stealth check 1d20: 5
    5 + 4 = 9
    tongue

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:27 am

    Horus11 tries his best to sneak behinds some crates.


    Not long after, Mr. X disembarks along with a contingent of five E-corp power guards. No one seems to notice Horus11 as they approach Catwalk.

    "No tricks, this time," says the suit.

    "You neither," Catwalk responds.

    "Let's go for a cruise, shall we?" he says, gesturing towards the yacht.

    "Whatever."


    They start to walk off, and Horus11 hears a Message in his mind. It's Catwalk's voice. "Follow me, partner."


    She accompanies the group to their ship.

    " />


    Ernest needs to make a Perception check.

    If you try to sneakily follow them, I'll allow another Stealth. But we'll keep the second roll.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:44 pm

    He mentally replies to Catwalk's message "Right behind you sister."

    Horus11 casts Mage Armor on himself before shadowing Catwalk and the corps.

    Makes a perception check, 1d20 roll: 10
    10+2=12

    Makes another stealth check, 1d20 roll: 12
    12+4=16

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:55 pm

    Horus11 has the feeling of being watched, but doesn't see anyone suspicious.

    He follows behind the corps, being sneaky. They board the ship and usher Catwalk into the cabin. Two guards stand watch, at either the bow and stern of the craft. The rest of the men go inside the cabin. The helmsman revs the engine and the ship departs the dock.

    Horrus11 has made it on board undetected. He is standing on the side, near a window of the cabin.




    He sees people inside talking, but can't hear their words.

    What is your course of action? Do you wish to stay standing by the window? You can see the proceedings, but also might be spotted. Two guards are patrolling the deck. A third corp is at the helm.


    *I will post a map of the yacht sometime this week.

    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:27 pm

    Okay, so I found this image of a typical yacht layout. Sorry if this isn't what you were thinking.



    Anyway, Horus11 moves down to the lower deck at the rear of the boat as stealthily as possible, and hides inside the life boat.

    Stealth check 1d20: 9
    9+4 = 13
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:13 am

    That map is pretty good, thanks. We can definitely use it as a guide, but I'll add some things when I make my own version. For instance, there is a hover pad on the roof. There is also a steering wheel both on the sun deck (outside) and the upper deck (inside)

    Remember, there is a guard at the rear (stern), one is at the front (bow), and another guy is on the sun deck driving. There are 3 more guards inside the main deck cabin along with the suit and Catwalk. I'm not sure how Ernest will be able to help her if he's hiding below deck, but okay.

    Using the rear stairs, Horus11 makes it down to the lower deck. Then he hears someone descending the stairs from the main deck. The person has heavy steps. The guards are wearing plate armor and carrying rifles. Maybe he heard Horus11 and came to investigate?


    Horus11 please roll initiative. You have a surprise round, just one action. You don't have LOS yet. The person is still around the corner.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

    Okay, time for some action!

    Initiative 1d20: 16
    16+4=20 cheers
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:55 am

    Horus11 goes first. And you still have your surprise round action available to take. Horus11's location is currently on the rear steps of the lower deck. The guard is around the corner, coming down the steps.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 am

    FYI, the rear wall of the lower deck, opens up and downward. It makes a plush hang-out spot.

    " />

    It's currently closed, however. In the room there is stored a jet-ski, large life boat, and two small single-person hovercrafts. On the right side of the map are two more lifeboats. Across the room from the steps is a control panel  and cabinet with life preservers.

    map:
    " />

    based off of:
    [img][/img]
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:47 pm

    Horus11 casts a Chromatic Orb (poison) at the guard before he has time to react.

    Attack roll 1d20 (advantage): 17 & 19
    19+6 = 25
    Poison damage: 3d8=18

    If the guard is still standing after all that damage I'll follow up with a melee attack (bare fists)
    Melee attack 1d20=15
    Damage is 1+2 (3)

    Hopefully I get the guard's gun after... pirat
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am

    As the guard turns the corner of the stairs, Horus11 surprises him and hurls an orb of energy. It impacts on the guard's helmet and the orb explodes in a gassy, poisonous cloud. The guard's powered armor and high-tech breathing apparatus does little to protect him. The guard coughs. If you could see his skin, it would be palish green. He has the Poisoned condition for one round.

    Then Horus11 runs up to him and attacks barehanded...


    Now Bronson, if you want Horus11 to try grabbing the guard's gun, instead of an Unarmed Strike, we can do that. In that case, I'll use your attack roll as an opposed Athletics (grapple) check with the guard. Then it would be a result of 14 (-1 in that skill). But the guard has disadvantage on his roll (poisoned).


    Horus11 successfully grabs the automatic rifle from the spasmodically coughing guard!  cheers


    On his turn, the guard attempts to grab his gun back. He is still Poisoned, so has Disadvantage on his roll. Fail.


    Round 2:

    Horus11 is up.

    The rifle does 2d6 for one bullet, or 3d12 for a burst. It has a magazine of 20 rounds (x3 bursts). Horus11 is not proficient with the rifle.

    If Horus11 tries to use the rifle point blank, or even he tries to move away from the guard and fire the gun at a distance, than it's an Opportunity Attack from the guard. I'll just take that now...

    Guard is no longer Poisoned. He punches at Horus11.
    21 vs AC
    5 Damage

    Okay, it's your turn...


    *Map updated. You guys are in melee at the top of the stairs of the lower deck.
    " />

    " />


    Last edited by Robyo on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 pm

    Just to make sure I'm doing this right, melee attacks in the real world use strength, but since we are in the matrix I use Wisdom (+2)?

    In that case, I would grab the gun out of the guard's hand at 15+2=17

    Then I would strike him across the face with the butt of the rifle instead of trying to fire at him - I don't want to alert the others on the yacht.

    Melee attack 1d20: 4
    4+2=6 (blahhh!)  Mad

    Anyway, we start fighting over the rifle and I try to kick the crap out of this guy.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 am

    OK, never mind about that Attack of Opportunity. And you are correct about Wisdom replacing Strength in the Matrix.

    Horus11's unarmed strike was a miss.

    Guard tries to grab back his gun.
    Opposed Athletics check;
    Guard: 10 + 1 = 11

    I need an Athletics check from Horus11. Then it's your turn again. (Top of Round 3).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4844
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Chris on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 am

    HIJACK ALERT

    after Alan's game, I want to run SW again, please see new thread

    http://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t257-sw-next-chapter-yes-again-now-with-pf

    I am posting here so that Bronson is aware and welcome to join. I think this can run concurrently with Cyberpunk given its scale
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 pm

    Hey hijacker... I'm down with some star wars rpg. cheers

    Horus11 rolls opposed strength check 1d20=20 holy balls!
    20+2=22

    On my next turn I try to knock the guard out with the butt of the rifle
    Melee attack 1d20: 10+2=12

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:50 pm

    Horus11 keeps the rifle. He swings it like a club at the guard, but it's a miss.

    "I'll gut you," the guard snarls, pulling out a wicked-looking serrated dagger. He slashes twice at Horrus11.

    1st attack: Fumble! A miss and he loses his second attack due to DM's lame roll.


    Round 4:

    Horrus11 is up.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:47 pm

    I assume this guard is wearing some heavy armor. I try a grapple/push attack to get him into the water.

    Attack roll 1d20: 10
    10+2=12

    DM: do I add a proficiency bonus when using unarmed strikes?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 pm

    If Ernest is proficient in Simple Weapons, then yes, you would add your prof. bonus to unarmed strike. cheers

    Getting the guard into the water isn't easy, since you'll still have to "move" him backwards up a few steps and back 10' to the stern rail of the Main Deck.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

    Alright, I'm thinking it will be too difficult to push the guard over to the edge, so Horus11 uses his turn to disengage from melee, then moves to the back edge of the yacht and jumps overboard.
    He deliberately goes about 2 feet under the water at the very edge of the boat and waits.

    DM: It is very dark and difficult for the guard to see under the water?


    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:36 pm

    Disengage, sure. And you have enough movement to jump off the side into the water. The water is dark and fairly murky too. Horus11 would gain cover.

    But the boat is moving rather briskly through the water. I think he'd get left behind in it's wake.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:18 am

    Oh, I didn't realize the boat was moving... That changes everything.
    Nix all that stuff about wrestling and disengaging and jumping off the boat.

    Okay, fuck it! I shoot the guard with his own rifle - full auto burst.

    Attack roll 1d20: 17
    17+4(dex) = 21

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:11 pm

    Okay, but he gets an Opportunity Attack with his knife.

    Crit! 5 damage. Rolling Eyes


    Horus11 hits the guard with a burst from the auto rifle.

    Roll damage please...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 pm

    Whoops, actually I did that wrong. In 5e, you only get Disadvantage when using ranged weapons in close combat (including ranged spell attacks).

    Tell you what, you can take the guard's knife attack for 5 damage, or choose to make another attack roll again and take Disadvantage.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:27 pm

    Horus11 dances around the guard's swiping blade while trying to get a clear shot at him.
    I take disadvantage on the attack roll since I don't want to end up a pincushion.

    2nd attack roll 1d20: 19!
    I take the 17 I rolled before (disadvantage)+4(dex)=21
    Damage 2d8+Dex=14

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:01 am

    Horus11 opens up on the guard with his own rifle!

    Damage for auto-burst is 3d12. Please roll damage. You have enough ammo in the clip for 2 more bursts!
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:17 pm

    Ah more damage! Twisted Evil

    3d12: 17 (+4 for dex=21?)

    So 17 or 21 damage depending on if I'm adding my dex bonus.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:34 pm

    LOL, same damage then?

    And yes, you add Dex mod to damage on a ranged attack. It's says so in PHB p. 14.


    The guard takes the high-caliber burst full-on in the chest. He's looking woosy now. Desperate, he stabs twice at Horus11 with the dagger.

    I believe both are hits with a 14 to AC. I forget, you don't presently have Mage Armor do you? Damage is 4 + 5 = 9 Damage.


    "Ernest, what's going on?" messages Catwalk. "I haven't finished the exchange yet!"


    Round 3

    Horus11 is up.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:38 pm

    Horus11 does have mage armor active actually. Cast it right before boarding the yacht. (see Jul 15, 2015 7:44 pm)

    AC is 17, so I guess that's a miss!

    Horus11 answers Catwalk: Sorry, a guard found me. Now I'm fighting for my life!

    Horus11 shoots a single shot from the rifle at the guard (at disadvantage).

    d20 rolls: 17 and 3
    3+4=7 Mad

    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:42 pm

    DM: I understand why a rifle (requiring 2 hands) would be fired at disadvantage while engaged in melee, but for future reference I would recommend NOT giving disadvantage to combatants firing one-handed pistols at close range. Even though its technically a missile attack I can see it being a fairly easy attack to pull off. Just had to put that out there in case it came up later.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:34 pm

    I can see your point, but the rule makes sense to me. It balances ranged weapon users against melee guys. Melee you have to get up close, but ranged you never need to. Any ranged weapon (hand x-bow, rifle, pistol, long bow, etc) gives Disadvantage if used while engaged in melee combat. Unless the target is prone, I guess.

    Also, reminder that your Dex bonus is actually your Int bonus while in the Matrix. I forget it too, sometimes!



    Horus11 misses with a single shot up close.

    "You're almost out of ammo, interloper!" the guard shouts and stabs twice at Horus11.

    One miss and one hit, with a 25 to AC. 4 damage.



    Round 4

    Horus11 is up. He has two bursts remaining. Roughly 11- 13 bullets in the magazine.

    "The exec is getting edgy." Catwalk messages. "He sent out another guard to investigate the gunfire. You'd better hide! I've almost got a trace on where they're keeping my kid."
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:45 pm

    To Catwalk: As soon as you do get a trace I need you to start blasting these fools back to reality. I'm out of tricks and this guard is no chump.

    I fire another shot into this guy.
    Attack roll: 1d20: 13 and 14
    13+4=17

    If I hit, damage roll 2d8: 12+4=16
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:38 pm

    Horus11 puts another round in the E-corp guard's chest and he collapses, dead.

    Horus11 is alone on the staircase. There is the sound of at least one person running on the deck above.

    "Roger that. Keep it together a little while longer. I just need a couple seconds to complete the tracing sequence. Thank goodness this guy is long-winded."
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 pm

    Okay, if these footsteps are REALLY close, then I have no choice but to hide in the shadows behind the lifeboat.

    Stealth check 1d20: 15
    15+4=19

    If the footsteps are distant (like giving me a few seconds before they show up)
    I set the rifle down and quickly try to drag the body overboard at the end of the boat.

    Athletics check 1d20: 10
    10+2=12

    After I dump the body I grab the rifle and hide.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:37 am

    We're still in intiative, but you get one turn, plus a bonus action before guy shows up on the staircase. Ernest can hear him running on the deck above.

    That gives you 1 move and 2 actions, or up to 3 moves... Plus I suppose you could spend an Inspiration Point, for additional bonus action (usually you can't spend more than one bonus or reaction per turn, but this time is OK).. Your characters each started with 2 IPs (1/2 level, rounded up).

    We'll keep your rolls. You could potentially throw the body overboard, but remember there is blood on the staircase. This is some visceral, realistic CGI simulation.


    " />
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:47 pm

    If the footsteps are that close I just hide as before. Rifle barrel pointed out of the shadows where I'm hiding, directly at the bottom of staircase where the guard is coming down...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:05 pm

    Horus11 hides in the bucket of the lifeboat where it is most shadowed and protected. He is prone and has total cover.

    The guard arrives and tepidly steps down the staircase. He stands over the body of his comrade and radios in. "I've found 21889. Overwhelming damage. His rifle is taken. Request orders to proceed."

    Before anyone has a chance to respond, the guard steps into Horus11's sight. He has 1/2 cover from the railing and low wall.


    " />


    Horus11 is up.


    *Horus11 can choose to permanently swap crossbow proficiency for rifles instead, if he wants to be adding proficiency bonus.

    **You also realize these goons are probably little more than bots. Programmed avatars, usually enslaved to slimy corps. That's why the one Horus11 slew didn't de-rez.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:20 pm

    Yes, Horus11 would like to be proficient in rifles/small arms. Since he most likely has never seen a real crossbow up close and probably never will, its a good trade.

    I send a message to Catwalk "You done yet? These bots are crawling up my ass here! I'm about to smoke another one if he gets two steps closer."

    Horus11 keeps hiding in the lifeboat, rifle at the ready. If the guard peeks his head in here I'm blasting it off.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:53 am

    He's in Horus11's sights now, but presently has 1/2 cover.

    "Find our uninvited guest and make him wish he'd never come aboard! Flush him out if you have to!" orders the voice on the guard's radio.

    The guard snaps off a grenade from his belt. He takes a couple more steps inside the room, looking around.

    The guard no longer has cover.


    "Well, all the shooting has upset our host! Soon I should have a complete trace. Trust me, I'll let you know."

    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:28 pm

    Horus11 peeks out of the boat, takes aim at the guard and fires a burst.
    Attack roll 1d20: 16
    16+6=22

    Damage 3d12: 23+4=27

    Pew pew pew !!!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:18 am

    From his position inside the liferaft, Horus11 unloads a hail of bullets on the suspecting guard. The foe's body is wracked by pummeling metal, but he's not finished yet.

    The guard tosses a grenade into the raft and smoke begins to jet out of it in a hiss.




    "Jeez, Ernest, what's going on down there? Nevermind, I've got the trace now. She's at the Hilton in Sydney. There's some polymorph receptacles about a block away. We're going for a ride! Ready?"


    A strange feeling comes over Ernest as his mind is jarringly transferred from his avatar in the matrix to a construct on earth.



    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:13 pm

    AAAAHHHHH!!!!

    Ernest looks around.
    Are we still in the matrix or what? I feel weird...




    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08 am

    "I'm uploading our minds into constructs in Sydney. There's a construction site near the hotel, and I'm putting us inside some large robots. While I figured out Ava's location isn't far from my home, I think I can do more good if I'm in a form which can't be killed.

    "We will have a fight on our hands. They are on the 6th floor.

    "When we arrive, I will attempt to contact someone in town who can help us.

    "Hey, I have 3 droids available: a crane, a welder, and a maintenance droid. Do you have a preferrence?"
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:44 am

    One of us should be used for fighting, the other for infiltration and backup. I'll take the maintenance droid as its less threatening to the hotel guests and might come in very handy in getting past security.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:39 am

    "Alright, you take the maintenance droid, I'll take the crane. Maybe I can smash in the side of their wall. I like this: a plan is coming together!"


    The adventure continues in story thread 3: Beyond the Pale...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:40 am

    We can roll with one more encounter, if you guys want to. It's the big rescue scene. And I actually have in planned for your characters to meet up!

    Or we postpone it for after Star Wars. Not a huge deal to me either way.

    However, I don't think we need to run two concurrent sci-fi games, so I'll put this game on hold while SW is running.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4844
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:55 am

    Robyo wrote:We can roll with one more encounter, if you guys want to. It's the big rescue scene. And I actually have in planned for your characters to meet up!

    Or we postpone it for after Star Wars. Not a huge deal to me either way.

    However, I don't think we need to run two concurrent sci-fi games, so I'll put this game on hold while SW is running.

    I like having a small side game, so it's totally up to you guys.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:17 pm

    Maybe we could finish this major encounter then put the game on pause?
    The danger there is totally forgetting everything that happened. If we have little bits of story to keep us going then its easier to pick up when the campaign is in full swing again.

    Its up to you Rob. If you need or want a break then that's cool.

    Sponsored content

    Re: 2: Swap of Gravity

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:07 pm