Robyo
whit10
6 posters

SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty Re: SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 pm

actually, it might make some sense for Sharn and Shivak to know each other... Shivak did take out Daxx at some point. He didn't necessarily have to kill the silly Jedi, but he would definitely know about the ship (Affect mind is so much fun)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty Re: SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF

Post  Chris Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm

whit10 wrote:actually, it might make some sense for Sharn and Shivak to know each other... Shivak did take out Daxx at some point.  He didn't necessarily have to kill the silly Jedi, but he would definitely know about the ship (Affect mind is so much fun)

yes, Daxx is obviously the link, as we can flesh out with Shivak's backstory.

Affect Mind is fun, but Daxx had a strong Will save and Force Defense, so he would not easily be influenced as he is not weak-minded Evil or Very Mad
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:11 pm

he had a strong Will Save but Shivak is "very convincing" lol...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Technology Guide thoughts.....

some really good stuff - general equipment covered is great like Jet Packs, tools, cyberware, armor (some nice options), spells have some cool variants

some stuff still looks like it is used for putting technology into a low-tech world, like the archetypes, not really needed. feats again look like they have way to many pre-reqs for an advanced world. doesn't really fit or isn't actually helpful

Weapons - my biggest problem. The damage codes are much lower than SW and all the energy weapons would be Touch attacks. I understand why they do this, but it would really change the balance of the game, imo. Basically everyone would become a "gunslinger" with touch attacks but the damage per attack would be lower. SO... everyone gets hit more often, but takes less damage. This kind of nerfs a Jedi\Sith's ability to Deflect, since their ACs are effectively trashed.

We could play with all of it, some of it or none of it.

We should probably decide before people finish their characters

I don't really care - what do you guys think?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Perhaps make the gear/tech, cyber-ware, pharma, and spells available - and prohibit the rest. Your observation on the weapon damage codes and the touch AC is on target; pretty unbalancing against the bulk of the rest of the rules we are using.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:15 pm

personally? I'd junk all of the weapons, cyberware and damage stuff like you already talked about. The rest is fine IMO. Cyberware isn't really a SW thing... some minor stuff maybe but not anything on the level of Shadowrun and the like.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Some of the gear fits right in but is awfully expensive.  6 grand for a fire extinguisher?  I would have re-skinned "bucket" for that...

If we're going to use this list, Chris might want to designate some items as "normal" equipment.

The grenades look right.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 pm

didn't see that one Alan. I totally agree with you. Costs will have to be at least comparative for the amount of money we start with. Though that involves maths so that leaves me out. Shocked
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Whoo! Sharn has a ship! He will definitely need a crew to help fly it. He still must finish the documentary, taken from the footage Irwin filmed at the ancient sith temple madness.

Regarding Tech book: I can go either way. Sharn isn't really a gear-guy. He's fine with some powered gloves or force-enhanced adamantium knuckles. Oh, and a lightsaber for cutting open starships.

But, if the weapons in the tech manual are OP compared to the weapons in the Core book, then I guess we'll all be shopping out of it.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:29 pm

They're UNDER powered based on starwars standards.

We should all totally just start out as hired hands for Sharn's film. Sharn know's Tarro Bloodwren died. Perhaps helping with the film is Sharn's price for New Tarro to get back the appearance of commanding the wrenvenge? Participating also publicises Bloodwren, suiting his notorious ego and raising his stock. We need to keep the Faleen out of the shot, though.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:06 am

Shivak is the "man behind the scenes." Anonymity is his preferred style of operation
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks for the feedback!

Technology Guide

Ok, I am going to call all ranged\energy weapons and their associated rules OUT.

For now, everything else is fair game - BUT - please run stuff by me if you think it seems odd.

For example:

Cyberware - it does exist in SW, we just didn't see much of it in the movies.  We did see more than most people think about....  

Lobot - had a head full of Skilljacks
    Luke - full arm replacement
    Vader - 2 arms, 2 legs +

Armor - most of it seems fine to me

Gear - much of it is great, but some of the prices are wonky, so just ask.  Fire extinguishers are not 6k, Cameras are not 3k, etc.

use common sense and ask if you have a question

again, I think most of it is in-line with a re-skinned "magic item" anyways

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

p.s. please feel free to follow Shivak's backstory

other backstory content will begin as people complete their charcters.... nudge.... nudge.....

I have some ideas for getting the party together, but I will try to incorporate the Documentary (I forgot about that!)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

one other thing... attracting too much attention to ourselves could be problematic. (is a film a good idea?)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:07 pm

guys.... don't stress over the film. Remember years have passed since Kintan. If Sharn wants to have done the film, it can be in his backstory (filler story) and probably would have involved T'son, Daxx and Rakhu.

That doesn't preclude Sharn from working on a new documentary with his new shipmates..... but you can decide that once the game starts Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:21 pm

oh, I wasn't trying to "kill" ideas or anything. I just wanted to bring it up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:41 am

I think mine is ready. There may be some more "normal equipment" still coming.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:50 pm

navyik wrote:I think mine is ready.  There may be some more "normal equipment" still coming.

proceed

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t266-backstory-tarro-bloodwren

all welcome with popcorn
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:48 pm

navyik wrote:
    Report to StarWars. This adventure to Lastwater will begin after that. Our Newcomer can make a level 3 character between now and then.

I am ready to roll, however we are still in character creation and backstory mode.

Currently:

Shivak - finished - backstory started

Tarro - finished - backstory started

Bos Lobo - finished - backstory started

Observer "Bob" - unfinished - no backstory

Sharn - unfinished - backstory partial (old campaign)

I can speed up or slow down Backstory as needed, so don't worry about that aspect. I am happy to play some scenarios out in solo mode too, but the idea is to have the Backstories converge at a point before the main story starts.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112SW next chapter (yes, again).... now with PF - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Species whose command of language have not evolved to a level where they can properly speak Prime can shorten the Observer's name to something close to "Sid X Nu", or more appropriately they can address or refer to him as "Observer".
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 am

Bob
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:54 pm

I should have Sharn's statistics completed and posted this week.

Not sure what part of the backstory you want to run, Chris. After the last adventure, Sharn went off to train with the Wookie. I suppose that took years?

Either way, when his training is over and Sharn is ready to leave, he still wants to accomplish a few things:

1) Finish the documentary. Though the focus of it has shifted, considering all the crazed shit the party encountered. The film has become more of an investigation concerning those events.

Besides editing the footage and obtaining additional footage and informational interviews concerning the subject matter, Sharn also needs to complete all the post-production stuff (sound, graphics, credits, etc) and then find a distributor.

2) War against the Trandoshans. However, Sharn's anger may have tempered some, because of his training with Attichitcuk. He's not as interested in Trandoshan genocide as he is in liberation of Trandoshan slaves. I'm considering taking a story feat in line with this theme. Perhaps he's already liberated some slave camps before the adventure begins.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 am

Backstory - Tarro is on-going, feel free to follow

Backstory - Observer SDX has begun, feel free to follow

Backstory - Group has begun - Sharn, Shivak and Bos should go there

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am