Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

An Old Family Secret

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty Re: An Old Family Secret

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:28 am

"That is a good idea, sir! Tell us Blacksmith, what is the report?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:13 am

Tuq is unused to the formalities of nobility. "Hiya, Chief! I am Kayatuq of the Amarok. You have many brave men in this village - the local guards and these common folks."

Tuq tells the Duke of the battle at the fort, the squire's counter-charge against the seige, their journey to the Gin mill and finding Wella. In the way of the Amarok, Tuq barely mentions himself and highlights the great deeds of others.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:09 pm

"Arris is fallen in flame and ashes. The Prince hold Tyne still, but uner siege. I am to raise an army to break it."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:47 pm

"There is nought much of import to relate, m'lord. You have certainly been told of the attack on the town and fort. After that, a short walk took us to a small infestation of goblin filth at the mill. We cleaned it handily, freeed their captives, and returned in haste. "
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:11 pm

"You've proven yourselves in the counrtyside. I need to get messages to the towns. Time is running out for the prince. You'll leave at first light. Be careful of the towers. They're involved somehow."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 pm

"Sure, we could help run messages, but I am confused.... what does all of this have to do with burning down the town library and imprisoning the local guards?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:45 am

The Duke nearly cracks a smile.  "The... Library... You'll be out there so you've a right to know."  He leads you to a table with a map and what look like game pieces all over it.

Pointing to a black rook in a town, "There are other towers in several of our towns, all libraries: ancient architecture of Gnomish origin. The creatures have only turned up near them."

"The Squire has some... unfortunate misconceptions, but he's a good soldier. His uncle is the librarian. He believes he is protecting his uncle from an unfair investigation. Were I a younger man I'd route him out of the 'library', fire it, and put him in stocks.  But perhaps he'll uncover something in there.  No doubt he is searching the place to rule out a threat."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:19 am

"I love Gnomish architecture! It has always fascinated me since I was a pup. Did you know they use a spiral pattern of brick laying? It allows their towers to appear to lean, some as much as 18 degrees. They aren't just old crumbling towers, they tilt by design."

Tuq can barely contain his excitement, "Can we examine the tower before we leave? Maybe the towers themselves hold some clue as to why the goblins are interested in them!"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:24 pm

"Hmmm..." The Duke seems to consider a new thought. "I don't think the squire will let you in for fear of my interference. But when you've delivered this message to Lastwater, the Librarian there may entertain your curiosity. They won't have many soldiers to send, but we need to rule out their tower as a threat."/
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Tuq fidgets like a child that needs to pee, "Sure!  that sounds great.... I can't believe I didn't recognize the Library tower as Gnomish earlier.... Uncle Alitokok will be so thrilled to hear about them!"

Tuq doesn't wait for the Duke's leave, but rushes outside.  Tuq heads towards the Library tower to look at the outside, jabbering about the leaning towers and spiral brickwork.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:45 pm

The Duke's quartermaster will supply you with 1 step better quality of any armor or simple or martial weapon you have. (i.e. from studded leather to chain shirt). You can also equip with any normal gear.

Report to StarWars. This adventure to Lastwater will begin after that. Our Newcomer can make a level 3 character between now and then.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:17 am

Does that mean we get our original weapons returned? Chef isn't going anywhere without his curved blade, or his cutlery set. Favored weapon, sentimental reasons et al.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:22 am

Robyo wrote:Does that mean we get our original weapons returned? Chef isn't going anywhere without his curved blade, or his cutlery set. Favored weapon, sentimental reasons et al.

It is all returned to you.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:11 pm

cheers

Looking forward to the next installment.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Me too - fun game so far
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:44 pm

Chris wrote:Me too - fun game so far

This!!

I'll wait to do any updates until next time Alan.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112An Old Family Secret - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Definitely had fun with it, great run for a first time forum game!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 am