Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    3: Beyond the Pale

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:41 pm

    The investigators find themselves inside a construction zone of the city of Sydney, Australia.

    " />

    Horus11 and Catwalk are the first to arrive, then Nico a short time later. Their construct bodies are parked beside a shed and plugged into a power bar. It is dusk time and workers appear to be leaving for the day.

    Catwalk controls a crane droid. "The hotel is down the block," she whispers in a robot voice.

    Horus11 controls a Binox maintenance droid.

    " />


    Nico controls a Hellion welder droid.

    " />


    Robot stats:
    *You retain your class abilities.

    ~Large construct. Reach 5' attacks.
    ~Mental/Social stats remain the same as the base character.
    ~Physical stats - Strength: 20(+5), Dexterity: 10(0), Constitution: 18(+4)
    ~Speed 40'. *Crane and welder droids gain Climb speed 30'
    ~AC: 18
    ~HP: 111
    ~Damage Immunities: fire, poison, bludgeioning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons that aren't adamantine
    ~Condition Immunities: exhaustion, poison
    ~Senses: darkvision 60'

    ~Special Abilities:

    (Maintenance): Extra Arms - bonus action & reaction x1/round, Multiattack - x2 Slam: (+5 attack/3d8+5 bludgeoning), Torch: (+5 attack/2d12 fire)  

    (Welder): Multiattack x2 Claws:( +5 attack/ 1d8+5 bludgeoning) & x1 Sting: (+5 attack/1d10 + 5 piercing) & 4d10 fire damage Dex save for half damage.

    (Crane): Reach 20', Slam, Trampling Charge

    We will refer to the Polymorph spell in PHB p.266 (although this is obviously a variation of it). If Catwalk can keep concentration, then your characters have one hour. After that, their minds get dumped back into organic bodies.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 pm

    Robyo wrote:The investigators find themselves inside a construction zone of the city of Sydney, Australia.

    Horus11 and Catwalk are the first to arrive, then Nico a short time later. Their construct bodies are parked beside a shed and plugged into a power bar. It is dusk time and workers appear to be leaving for the day.

    Catwalk controls a crane droid. "The hotel is down the block," she whispers in a robot voice.

    Horus11 controls a Binox maintenance droid.

    Nico controls a Hellion welder droid.


    ugh, what new torture is this???

    Nico tests his new body by moving its arms and legs a bit, clumsily stumbling about like a toddler learning to walk.

    "Catwalk..... is that you?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:07 pm

    If a robot crane could look surprised, it would. "Uh, who wants to know?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 am

    Robyo wrote:If a robot crane could look surprised, it would. "Uh, who wants to know?"

    Here goes nuthin.....

    "I know you have no reason to trust me, but I will tell you what I can.....  I was sent to help you by an AI from the Deep named Bathsheba.  We have a mutual enemy in E-corp, among others.  I was at the Temple of Zuul, but you got de-rezzed before I could get to you.  The 2 hackers that stole your data from the Corpers jacked out back to Pluto's moon Styx.  I need the datacard that you stole from the Black Sun, but I am willing to help you get your daughter back.  Does....  does any of this make sense?"


    Persuasion +2 +3

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    19 + 5 = 24

    if you prefer Deception (though it is mostly the truth) then add +2 for Expertise
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:24 pm

    "Just wait catwalk! Suddenly this 'thing' shows up along side us and wants your datacard?"
    Turns to the welder bot.
    "You haven't even told us your name, creature. Even if we had the datacard here we're not about to share it with someone we don't know. Let me ask you, if you were us would you trust you?"



    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:58 pm

    great.... another talking robot.....

    "My name is Cipher-9, as much as hers is Catwalk or yours is Bob."

    Nico tries to make the robot move its limbs as if he were talking.

    "If someone who knew what was going on offered to help me get my kid back.... Yes, I would let them help, especially if the price was a datacard that I stole in the first place and that has done nothing but brought me and my child trouble ever since. That damn AI did something to me..... altered my brainwaves or something.... if I don't bring it the datacard in Chiba, Japan, I will go crazy from the alteration."

    Nico addreses Catwalk's robot, "It isn't your data, you stole it. The Black Sun will not stop until they have it back and from the sound of it, E-corp is willing to kill your daughter to get it."

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:54 pm

    Great role-playing! And that is a nice Persuasion roll, but I don't recall how Nico would know anything about Catwalk's daughter? Granted, it's been a weird adventure, but I think that info is a bit meta-gamey.

    Still, what should I do, have you guys do a PVP with big robots? Well, that might be fun!


    "No doubt," answers Catwalk. "A lot of folks have been trying to kill me lately. E-corp for sure, but some others too. People I don't even know! Now you're talking about Styx, Japan, AI's, and the Black Sun. This shit is overwhelming! And just so you know, I didn't steal the data. It was given to me in trust, but now that person is missing too. Anyways, you're too late, I had to give up the data so I could put a trace program on the exec's data pad. I tracked my daughter's location to down the block. I really don't care about the data, I just want my daughter back!"


    Nico, give me an Insight check.


    Around that time, a security guard walks up to the shed nearby where the robots are parked. He speaks into his radio, "Base, this is 47. I think the work site robots are malfunctioning."

    "What's the problem?" responds the voice on the radio.

    "Well, frankly, it sounds like they're having a meeting."

    "(Laughter) This isn't one of your robot uprising conspiracies, is it Henry?"

    "Nah, man! It might be another hacker job like the Renraku excavators last month!"

    "I doubt it. But permission granted to check it out anyways."


    Shining his flashlight at the droids, he slowly approaches the power bar where a half-dozen robots are tethered, including the three investigators.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 am

    Robyo wrote:Great role-playing! And that is a nice Persuasion roll, but I don't recall how Nico would know anything about Catwalk's daughter? Granted, it's been a weird adventure, but I think that info is a bit meta-gamey.

    Still, what should I do, have you guys do a PVP with big robots? Well, that might be fun!

    "No doubt," answers Catwalk. "A lot of folks have been trying to kill me lately. E-corp for sure, but some others too. People I don't even know! Now you're talking about Styx, Japan, AI's, and the Black Sun. This shit is overwhelming! And just so you know, I didn't steal the data. It was given to me in trust, but now that person is missing too. Anyways, you're too late, I had to give up the data so I could put a trace program on the exec's data pad. I tracked my daughter's location to down the block. I really don't care about the data, I just want my daughter back!"

    Nico, give me an Insight check.


    Ooops, sorry about the daughter bit, I got confused on what Nico knew and didn't, my bad.

    I figured I couldn't directly influence Bronson's character, but I tried the Diplomacy in the hopes that it would say the NPC in my favor.

    Insight
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    9 + 4 = 13


    NIco wants to keep talking and maybe pull a deception on the guard, but waiting too see result of Insight
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 pm

    Despite his mysterious arrival, Nico has been quite persuasive in stating his case. He detects a hint of deception in Catwalk's story. She may not be entirely telling the truth, or just holding something back.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:56 am

    Robyo wrote:Despite his mysterious arrival, Nico has been quite persuasive in stating his case. He detects a hint of deception in Catwalk's story. She may not be entirely telling the truth, or just holding something back.

    Nico will make several stiff, repetitive twitches, as if trying to shut down and power up at the same time.

    "Domo.... do not shut down while updating.... powering off.... Domo Arigoto..... updating now.... powering off.... windows 37 updating.... press F11.....  powering down.... end of line."

    Nico acts like he finally powered down and turn off any lights on the bot.

    Deception, expertise +2 +2 +3

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    13 + 7 = 20

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 am



    "Huh, that's weird," mumbles the security guard. Then he speaks into his radio, "Looks like the welder droid has a powering-down issue. I'm gonna check the power coupling."

    "Roger that, 47. I'll flag maintenance. They should be able to administer a full diagnostic tomorrow morning."

    "Just for giggles," replies the guard, "I'm gonna do a system reboot on them."

    "Do you know the sequence?"

    "Sure," Henry says. He lifts up his belly to retrieve a hydrospanner hanging from his belt. "I've been taking mechanics correspondence classes, remember!"

    The guard continues to approach, shining his flashlight as he goes. When he is 10 feet away from Catwalk, she whispers, "If he reboots us, our minds will be dumped out of the grid! This will all be for naught!"

    "Huh?" says the guard.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 pm

    Stepping next to the maintenance droid (Horus11), the security guard lifts a panel on the droid's backside. He begins pushing buttons. "Let's see, first it's red, then blue, then green. Oh wait, maybe it's yellow instead of green. Hmm, shoot. Which one is it? Oh well, ain't no big deal if I get the sequence wrong. These things are insured."

    Horus11 begins feeling drowsy.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:04 pm

    Or, the security guard doesn't get that close to Horus11, if Bronson speaks up otherwise. Postings have slowed down, but I do recall him saying this was gonna be a busy work-week.

    Before we proceed further, can I get a confirmation from both my players? Are we still playing this game?


    And it seems Alan is joining the adventure (eventually). I sent him the PHB pdf. This being a "side game", I had originally designed it for three players. Since Matt has stated that he only wants to be involved in one online game, so Alan has agreed to fill in the third spot.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

    The maintenance droid speaks up when the guard is pressing buttons.
    In his most menacing tone possible Ernest says,
    "Step back human! Don't make us destroy you! Kneel and you may live to serve the robot uprising!"

    Intimidate 1d20: 12+0 = 12

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 am

    MrBrownstone75 wrote:The maintenance droid speaks up when the guard is pressing buttons.
    In his most menacing tone possible Ernest says,
    "Step back human! Don't make us destroy you! Kneel and you may live to serve the robot uprising!"

    Intimidate 1d20: 12+0 = 12


    Nico will do his best to make his arc welders flare and run them along anything nearby - concrete, metal siding, whatever - so they shoot sparks to emphasize Hours11's point.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:09 am

    Okay, and Catwalk also swings her lifting claw menacingly.

    Ernest gets Advantage on his roll, since he has assistance.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 am

    Robyo wrote:Okay, and Catwalk also swings her lifting claw menacingly.

    Ernest gets Advantage on his roll, since he has assistance.

    back to your other point, I am happy to continue with a side-game, but you had mentioned a desire not have 2 sci-fi games going. are you going to continue this or switch to some other genre?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:10 pm

    I thought we'd run this thread and then see where we want to go from there. Still having fun running it, if you guys don't mind it slowing down at times.

    Two sci-fi games yes, but they're different genres at least.

    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 pm

    Alright, all the robots are helping intimidate this guard.

    Advantage roll: 4 Mad

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 pm

    "Nice try, hackers! I'm hip to your games. The jig is up!" He reaches for his radio.

    Initiative please.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:49 am

    Robyo wrote:"Nice try, hackers! I'm hip to your games. The jig is up!" He reaches for his radio.

    Initiative please.

    Initiative - is this real world stats or net stats b\c we are jacked into robots?

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    19 + 2 = 21

    I used just +2 from INT (assuming mental stats)

    +2 more INT from the neural upgrade?

    +2 more if I should be using Dex instead
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:16 pm

    I think you've got it: 10 Dex stat as robot (+0), and a +2 neural upgrade
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:21 pm

    Initiative roll 1d20: 18+2=20
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:08 am

    Round 1

    Initiative:
    Nico
    Ernest
    Rent a cop
    Catwalk


    Nico is up. I also need a Wisdom check (neural augmentation).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 am

    Wisdom check
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    2 + 2 = 4

    Nico will move (if needed) and make a sting attack on the guard. I am still not sure how this works with the robots....

    attack roll
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    11

    +2 INT, neural augmentation
    + Dex?
    + 5 robot attack #
    +2 prof ?

    if that hits, damage

    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +5" :

    3 + 5 = 8

    Result of the throw of dice "4d10" :

    9 + 3 + 9 + 1 = 22 fire, save for 1/2
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:49 am

    Ouch, some lousy rolls!

    Nico gains 1 point of Taint from his quickened initiative.

    Your characters can add proficiency bonus if your character is proficient with Martial Melee Weapons. All your weapons are melee weapons, including torches.

    Even with a 10, Nico misses the guard. But, you also get two claw attacks (2 claw & 1 stinger). I should have noted that the claws give Advantage on Grapple checks.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:25 am

    Robyo wrote:Ouch, some lousy rolls!

    Nico gains 1 point of Taint from his quickened initiative.

    Your characters can add proficiency bonus if your character is proficient with Martial Melee Weapons. All your weapons are melee weapons, including torches.

    Even with a 10, Nico misses the guard. But, you also get two claw attacks (2 claw & 1 stinger). I should have noted that the claws give Advantage on Grapple checks.

    what was a 10?

    attack roll was 11 + (unsure what bonuses to add)  +2 Int, +5 robot, + 4 Dex?

    it should be at least an 18, maybe a 22 (no prof with martial melee).  I am unclear if the robot attack bonus replaces my physical attribute or if it is added

    Nico doesn't really want to kill the mall cop, so he only attacked with the stinger
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 pm

    Oops, my bad. I looked at the wrong roll.

    Attack roll bonuses are: +5, +2 Int, and +2 Proficiency bonus if applicable.

    So yeah, even with an 18, that's a hit. Guy fails his save and takes full fire damage. Scorched, the security guard is still standing though.

    Does Nico attack with claws? If not, then Ernest is up...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:30 pm

    Robyo wrote:Oops, my bad. I looked at the wrong roll.

    Attack roll bonuses are: +5, +2 Int, and +2 Proficiency bonus if applicable.

    So yeah, even with an 18, that's a hit. Guy fails his save and takes full fire damage. Scorched, the security guard is still standing though.

    Does Nico attack with claws? If not, then Ernest is up...

    Nico is done
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:54 pm

    Ernest/Horus11 is up...
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:45 pm

    Alright, maintenance bot attacks guard with 2 appendages.

    Attack rolls 2d20: 17 and 19

    17+5=22
    19+5=24

    Damage 3d8+5 bludgeoning:

    20 and 18 = 38 total.

    affraid
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:00 pm

    The security guard is dead. Burnt, then bludgeoned, he crumples down in a broken heap.

    "We'd better get going," suggest Catwalk, "before we draw too much attention." She turns to Nico. "You've shown your quality sir. I don't completely trust you, but you're welcome to accompany us to try and rescue my daughter."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 pm

    Robyo wrote:The security guard is dead. Burnt, then bludgeoned, he crumples down in a broken heap.

    "We'd better get going," suggest Catwalk, "before we draw too much attention." She turns to Nico. "You've shown your quality sir. I don't completely trust you, but you're welcome to accompany us to try and rescue my daughter."

    Nico replies, "Thanks, I hate to see a kid put in a bad spot. I am still hopeful the data will turn up." Nico winks one of the optical sensors on the welder bot.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:47 pm

    Catwalk leads you down the block to the hotel. There are very few people about at this time of the early evening.



    "Ava is in the southwest corner room on the sixth floor. Room number 604," she explains in her robotic voice. "There's at least a half-dozen perps in the room with her. Probably hired gangers. The hotel has both human and droid security. About a dozen, I think."

    How do you wish to proceed?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 am

    Nico looks at the 3 robots..... "It looks like the Crane and I can climb. Maybe we send the maintenance droid in the front door to cause a distraction outside the room - try to gain access for a faulty smoke detector or something. Crane and I will scale the outside and we can come through the window once we know Ava's location."

    Nico shrugs his mechanical shoulders
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

    Catwalk, I'm afraid these thugs will shoot your daughter if they feel their plan is in jeopardy. We can't just storm in there and alert security to our presence, or all of this has been for naught. We also can't sit around here all night waiting. Soon the thugs will hear of our little boating trip and flee the hotel, or worse.

    I believe that I have the best chance of getting in there without raising concerns. Once inside I could conceivably open a back door or allow you guys to bypass security. At that point we head to the 6th floor and storm in there taking out the gangsters.
    We could pull the fire alarm and wait for them to poke their heads out, but then we lose the element of surprise.
    Have you thought about where we are going to take your daughter once we get her out of there?






    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:59 pm

    "Both of your counsels sound wise. I agree that Ernest should go in the front door. He will attract the least attention. If Cipher wants to wait at the back door, that's fine. But I'm climbing up there." She sounds anxious. "We've already lost precious time. The polymorph only lasts another 45 minutes or so. I think we need to get in there quick. So I'm gonna climb the side of this bitch. Cipher is welcome to come with me! We will wait until Ernest's distraction outside the room, then strike!

    "Cool?

    "Oh yeah, I contacted my friends while we were being uploaded from the matrix. They should meet us at the hotel entrance in 20 minutes or so."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 am

    "I reasonable combination. I will climb as well, might as well see what this hunk of junk can do"

    Athletics? I have the skill

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    14 + 2 = 16

    that +2 is just prof bonus

    add +2 for neural augmentation, if applicable

    + ? physical stats for the robot
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:35 pm

    Maintenance droid wiggles through the front door and heads directly for the elevator.

    If anyone asks where I'm going I state that I'm here to repair a broken door on the 5th floor, and look at some plumbing problems. I tell anyone who asks that I need to be given access to the maintenance room, and to make sure the security system is temporarily turned off while I work. I will inform them when the work is complete.


    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:17 pm

    Chris wrote:"I reasonable combination.  I will climb as well, might as well see what this hunk of junk can do"

    Athletics?  I have the skill

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    14 + 2 = 16

    that +2 is just prof bonus

    add +2 for neural augmentation, if applicable

    + ? physical stats for the robot

    You already have a climb speed of 30'. Athletics check can be for maneuvering over balconies and railings.

    Neural augmentation is on Dex-based checks only.


    Catwalk and Nico traverse the side of the hotel. She leads the way, going as quietly as she can, considering she is a huge metal chassis. But if anyone cared to look, they would only think there is maintenance being done on the building.


    Nico give me a Perception check and Stealth, if you want.



    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm

    MrBrownstone75 wrote:Maintenance droid wiggles through the front door and heads directly for the elevator.

    If anyone asks where I'm going I state that I'm here to repair a broken door on the 5th floor, and look at some plumbing problems. I tell anyone who asks that I need to be given access to the maintenance room, and to make sure the security system is temporarily turned off while I work. I will inform them when the work is complete.



    The lobby is an expansive open room of marble surfaces. On the walls, an exhibit of slowly shifting colored lights. At the moment, the room is not too busy. Behind the front desk stands an android and a human. A security robot stands at the elevator. A few humans are seated, talking, reading, or just relaxing. A droid porter whizzes by.


    If Ernest approaches the elevator, the security bot asks him his business.

    Give me a Deception check.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:39 pm

    Perception

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    17 + 4 = 21

    Stealth w\ neural augment + expertise

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    19 + 10 = 29


    damn, all the good rolls now and all the rubbish when I am fighting green tentacle monsters confused



    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:12 am

    Chris wrote:Perception

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    17 + 4 = 21

    Stealth w\ neural augment + expertise

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    19 + 10 = 29


    damn, all the good rolls now and all the rubbish when I am fighting green tentacle monsters  confused




    Nico sees a sniper set up on the roof of an 8-story building across the street.

    He's also as quiet as a mouse. Give me a Wisdom save for possible taint.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:06 pm

    Wisdom

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    13 + 2 = 15

    Nico whispers into the radio, "Sniper across the street, 11 o'clock"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:42 pm

    Chris wrote:Wisdom

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    13 + 2 = 15

    Nico whispers into the radio, "Sniper across the street, 11 o'clock"

    It's a DC of 12, so Nico doesn't get more tainted.

    Radios, sure that's cool. "Roger that, I saw him," replies Catwalk in a whisper. "Not sure if he's a ganger, or maybe third party. I'm proceeding to the 6th floor. If you want to split off and investigate, I understand."
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:18 pm

    The maintenance droid approaches the elevator and speaks to the security droid. "Here to repair a broken door on the 5th floor, and look at some plumbing problems. Bleep, Boop... I need to be given access to the maintenance room, and to make sure the security system is temporarily turned off while I work. Whizz, Whirr..."

    Deception roll: 17
    17+0=17
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:16 am

    MrBrownstone75 wrote:The maintenance droid approaches the elevator and speaks to the security droid. "Here to repair a broken door on the 5th floor, and look at some plumbing problems. Bleep, Boop...  I need to be given access to the maintenance room, and to make sure the security system is temporarily turned off while I work. Whizz, Whirr..."

    Deception roll: 17
    17+0=17


    "Your duties seem reasonable. You are permitted to proceed - beep!" responds the security droid. It allows Ernest to enter the elevator.

    ...The corridor of the 5th floor appears empty, except for a single maid wheeling her squeaky cart full of towels and sheets slowly down the hallway.
    avatar
    MrBrownstone75

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2015-01-05
    Age : 42
    Location : Stillman Valley, IL

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  MrBrownstone75 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:23 pm

    Maintenance droid proceeds to a window at the end of a short hallway where few can see him. He radio's in to the other droids, "I'm on the 5th floor you two. Opening a window at the south side of the building so you can get in. Then we'll take the fire escape stairs up to the 6th floor."

    Maintenance droid then proceeds to remove the window so the droids can enter.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4919
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Chris on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:42 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:Wisdom

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    13 + 2 = 15

    Nico whispers into the radio, "Sniper across the street, 11 o'clock"

    It's a DC of 12, so Nico doesn't get more tainted.

    Radios, sure that's cool. "Roger that, I saw him," replies Catwalk in a whisper. "Not sure if he's a ganger, or maybe third party. I'm proceeding to the 6th floor. If you want to split off and investigate, I understand."

    "I am staying with you."

    Nico will enter the window Horus made on his turn
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2789
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Robyo on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:33 am

    Nico's huge metallic scorpion-like form barely squeezes through the window opening. There are two medium-size windows at the end of the hallway. Ernest must physically remove the window frame from the wall for the robot to enter. It's not much of a problem, since Ernest's robot has a built-in screw-driver.* The window's security wiring seems to have been disabled.

    It takes a few minutes, and all the while the maid is watching the proceedings from behind her cart. She casually chews gum.

    " />

    " />

    The door to the right is marked "504." The door on the left is the elevator. There is a small lounge beside the elevator with two plush velvet chairs, a couch, and a wooden table.

    At the end of the hall is the maid, her cart with linens and two more closed doors.


    *I forgot to mention that Ernest's robot is supplied with, and proficient in, Thieves' Tools and Tinker's Tools. Nico's robot has Smith's tools.


    You are both one floor below the designated target. Catwalk is still scaling the wall outside. There was a sniper sighted on the next building over.

    How shall you proceed?

    Sponsored content

    Re: 3: Beyond the Pale

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 pm