Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Re: Prologue - Episode 4

Post  navyik on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:09 pm

After firing, Tarro will take a 2m step towards nomar in case the missles hit. May as well take them with me...
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 pm

navyik wrote:Ooooh  natural 20!
    20+18=38 perception.

nice roll!

Chris wrote:

SDX spots a C3PX sniper, about 150m away on a landing platform across the docks area

150m is a long range, depending on what weapon Tarro is using. Check your ranges and let me know who Tarro wants to target.

per SWd20
    heavy blaster pistol has a range increment of 8m
    blaster rifle is 30m

rifle would be -8 to hit
    Hvy Blst pistol is out of range, since it is beyond the maximum of 10 range increments (80m)
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:48 pm

Tarro has this:

Limitless Range (Ex): Multiply the range increment on all of your ranged and thrown weapons by 5 feet, and these weapons no longer have a maximum range increment for you. You can throw any melee weapon as if it had a range increment of 20 feet—this increment isn't multiplied by 5, but the weapon doesn't have a maximum range increment.

He is using a 30m rifle so 150m is short range.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro has this:

Limitless Range (Ex): Multiply the range increment on all of your ranged and thrown weapons by 5 feet, and these weapons no longer have a maximum range increment for you. You can throw any melee weapon as if it had a range increment of 20 feet—this increment isn't multiplied by 5, but the weapon doesn't have a maximum range increment.

He is using a 30m rifle so 150m is short range.

cheers great choice for a Mythic Ability!

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Tarro again uses distant barrage for an extra attack, before his normal action, to blast the droid near Skadge.

7+15+1=23 to hit
    Dmg 3d8+2=22

He then wheels around looking for the sniper. If he sees it, he will fire at it. If he does not, these attacks will go to the droids around Nomar, moving from one to the next as they (if they) drop. Add+1 att. If point blank

14+15=29
    Dmg 3d8+1=12
    Dmg 3d8+1=20

16+15=31
    Dmg 6

17+15=32
    Dmg 11

19+10=29
    Crit conf. Roll 7+10=17 (surge 1d6) +2=19 (20 if pt. Blank)
    Dmg 22 (x3 =66 if crit)

Give me a perception check for the Sniper. SDX spotted it this round but hasn't had a chance to point him out yet.... although getting directions from an invisible guy would be interesting Cool

Tarro marked the location of the sniper after his last shot dropped Skadge. Taking quick aim, Tarro squeezes of a volley of blaster bolts that all find their mark! (nice shots)

C3PX appears to have a personal shield, like his Xers all do. It absorbs the first shot completely, but then collapses after the 2nd shot hits. The 3rd shot (6 dmg) seems to bounce off his armored chasis, but the 2nd 4th and 5th do damage.

SDX is up

study I will update the map at home tonight, I forgot to email myself the latest PP
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 pm

"Assets require positive augmentation..." calculates SDX. "...reconfigure and apply solution."

SDX
    AC =18
    HP = 92 /92
    SP = 21 (forgot to list this the first time)
    Invisibility, greater (8 rounds remaining)

APE (LRG, 10 ft reach)
    AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12; (+2 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size)
    HP = 49 (19 +30 for Construct, Large Size)
    SPD = 30
    Melee = 2 slams +3 (1d6+2)
    Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 1
    (9 rounds remaining)

AIR ELEMENTAL, MEDIUM
    AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 13 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +3 natural)
    HP = 50 (30 +20 for Construct size Medium)
    Speed fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee slam +9 (1d6+3)
    Special Attacks whirlwind (DC 14)
    Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 22
    Feats Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved InitiativeB, Weapon FinesseB
    (10 minutes remaining)

"Actions"

1. 5 Air Elementals make full move "RUN" (up to 4x movement = 400 ft)
     1a - Passing over N/17 at 15 ft altitude off deck timed to synchronize with Action#4
     1b - End movement 5 ft in front of sniper, deployed in a vertical wall formation, blocking line of sight on platform where party is engaged in battle.

2. 2 Apes near stunned Droids attempt to pick them up (GRAPPLE) , move to P 19/21, and throw them off the platform. I'll give you a CMB roll for each. Hoping that since they are stunned, this is more like picking up an object and throwing it.

If the Apes are not successful, they will move down to P 19/21 without the droids in hand.

Top ape
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

6 + 5 = 11

Bottom Ape

12 + 5 = 17

3. 2 Apes near active droids attempt to grapple them.
    Left Ape

14 + 5 = 19

Right Ape

3 + 5 = 8

4. SDX casts "Haste" centered N/17 (50 ft forward of his position)
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Targets one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart (max 10 creatures)
    Duration 1 round/level (10 rounds)

The spell is cast to synchronize with the apes having moved down into range, and the air elementals having moved into range as they pass through on their "run".

Haste should then catch the following creates in range, 10 total, all no more than 30 feet from each other -
    Tarro
    All Apes
    All Air Elementals
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:56 am

Map is current up to SDX

Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:20 am

MAS wrote:"Assets require positive augmentation..." calculates SDX. "...reconfigure and apply solution."

"Actions"

1. 5 Air Elementals make full move "RUN" (up to 4x movement = 400 ft)
     1a - Passing over N/17 at 15 ft altitude off deck timed to synchronize with Action#4
     1b - End movement 5 ft in front of sniper, deployed in a vertical wall formation, blocking line of sight on platform where party is engaged in battle.

2. 2 Apes near stunned Droids attempt to pick them up (GRAPPLE) , move to P 19/21, and throw them off the platform. I'll give you a CMB roll for each. Hoping that since they are stunned, this is more like picking up an object and throwing it.

If the Apes are not successful, they will move down to P 19/21 without the droids in hand.

Top ape

6 + 5 = 11

Bottom Ape

12 + 5 = 17

3. 2 Apes near active droids attempt to grapple them.
    Left Ape

14 + 5 = 19

Right Ape

3 + 5 = 8

4. SDX casts "Haste" centered N/17 (50 ft forward of his position)
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Targets one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart (max 10 creatures)
    Duration 1 round/level (10 rounds)

The spell is cast to synchronize with the apes having moved down into range, and the air elementals having moved into range as they pass through on their "run".

Haste should then catch the following creates in range, 10 total, all no more than 30 feet from each other -
    Tarro
    All Apes
    All Air Elementals

Matt, let's take a moment and talk about your declared actions....

First of all - I love the creativity and imaginative use of your summons.  That is exactly what I expected to see come out of your brain, but let's make sure it is legal and within the scope of the rules so we are clear moving forward and leeway today doesn't turn into something game-breaking tomorrow.

I am trying to look at this from the perspective of allowing it, but understanding how it is legal.   Cool

1) controlling your summoned monters, per PF - broken down into its 3 main components:

This spell summons an extraplanar creature (typically an outsider, elemental, or magical beast native to another plane).
    (A) It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn.
    (B)It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability.
    (C)If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.

(A) - I think you used both summon spells correctly - appeared within casting range of 25ft + 5ft\lvl or 75ft total
    (B) - I think you used both summon spells correctly in the rounds 1 and 2
    (C) - here we come to round 3 and the delicate nature of your declared action.

Is it possible for your summons to do as you asked?
    Yes

But, SDX must be able to speak Auran to command the Air Elementals and have the "speak with animals" ability to command the apes.  

I don't see either on SDX's character sheet.  SDX gets Common and Gree for free + 3 languages (Hutt, Droid and ? 1 blank).  Skill in Linguistics gives you an extra language for each rank, but as you said, SDX has 0 ranks in it, you just listed it as a class skill. SDX would need a spell or magical item to "speak with animals".

The bigger point with this is that you would need a separate language for almost each type of summoned creature, unless you plan on calling the same types a majority of the time, which reduces the awesome flexibility of the spells.  

I am fine if you want to adjust your languages known or skill points (add ranks to Linguistics) to cover this, if you didn't understand how the spell worked, but this is a 1-time adjustment and any future languages needed will have to be learned as you advance in level.  Sound fair?

Issue #2 stunned droids

Stunned: A stunned creature drops everything held, can't take actions, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any).

Stunned is not helpless.  They still get their CMD, just at a penalty because they lose their Dex bonus.

Issue #3 timing of summons and spells

back to casting time:

Casting Time

A spell that takes 1 round to cast is a full-round action. It comes into effect just before the beginning of your turn in the round after you began casting the spell. You then act normally after the spell is completed.

To me that seems to indicate that the summoned creatures move at an earlier initiative from the Summoner, who then acts after.

I think this could be adjusted, IF the summoner can communicate with the summoned creature (back to issue #1).  The summoner could then instruct the summoned creatures to delay and act in orchestration with himself.  Without the ability to communicate, I read it that the monster just attacks with its best abilities the target that was designated and then moves to the next target it sees.

I think it can all be legal, it just takes the communication component to make it all work.  Let me know if you want to adjust SDX or declare new actions for the summoner and let the summons continue on their own.

What do you think? (open to any GMs for input)
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:28 am

some options:

Animal Affinity (Mythic)

You have a greater affinity with wild animals, and can speak with them.

Prerequisite: Animal Affinity.

Benefit: The bonus on Handle Animal and Ride skill checks from Animal Affinity increases by 2. In addition, you can expend one use of mythic power to speak with animals as the spell. Your caster level for this effect is equal to twice your tier.

*Mythic Feat - gives flexibility of animal type, since it is cast as a spell each time*

Serpent's Band

Price 9,000 gp; Aura moderate conjuration and enchantment; CL 10th; Weight 1 lb.

The wearer of this circlet gains a +2 insight bonus on saving throws against effects with the emotion descriptor, including fear effects. The wearer gains fluency in Draconic and may converse with non-sentient (Int 1 or 2) reptilian animals and magical beasts as if using the speak with animals spell, and gains a +4 competence bonus on Handle Animal and wild empathy checks made when interacting with such creatures.

*only reptilian*
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Heirophant tier 1 ability (SDX could swap out Mighty Summons until tier 2)

Tongue of the Land (Su): Animals, elementals, fey, and plants are magically able to understand you when you speak Druidic, as if you were using speak with animals or tongues. If speaking to creatures of different types at the same time, you can allow all of them to understand you or speak understandably to just one type at a time. For example, if speaking to a group of animals and fey, you can make yourself understandable to all of them, just to the animals, or just to the fey.

*covers a WIDE range of your summons, take Druidic as final language*
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 pm

I guess his re-skin considers them all nanite contructs (droids) so they probably communicate in binary code. You could apply droid electromagnetic vulnerabilities or even just the self imposed limitation to the construct template as a tradeoff for the co-ordinated CNC style control Matt is asserting.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 pm

the binary thing would be a rules rape though. The language requirements that Chris illuminated are there to keep things "on the level." It is, after all, only some ranks in Linguistics to cover it.
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:50 pm

whit10 wrote:  It is, after all, only some ranks in Linguistics to cover it.

That is why it is NOT a rules rape...
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:04 pm

It's not a rules rape if the appropriate languages are taken with Linguistics or other sources. That was my point. Just saying that you can communicate with them because "their droids" violates the original text. I believe that Chris said this was a "re-skin," so he would still need to slot languages for them.

The same would have to happen in a 'normal' PF campaign. You couldn't control the Apes unless you "spoke" Ape or had a spell for it
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm

navyik wrote:
    whit10 wrote:  It is, after all, only some ranks in Linguistics to cover it.

That is why it is NOT a rules rape...

"Re-skin" is exactly that - appearance change only.  No statistical changes or benefits.  Just because they are nano-bots, doesn't change their language or make them anything but an Int 1-2 animal.

Look at the summon monster lists - each contains at ~10 choices.  Many of them are simply "animals" at lower levels, but past that, each is a unique creature type and most have separate languages.  The point is that at 10th level, you can have a max of 10 ranks (10 separate languages) in Linguistics + INT bonus languages.  If you dumped all your points into it, you are still only capable of communicating with 25-35% of the possible creatures you could summon.  Without Mythic rules, there is no "easy" way to communicate with all the various summons, at best you can communicate with a small portion of them.  There is no "animal" language, you must use a spell that is not on a Summoner's list, so it is set up to be difficult.  Speak with Animals is only on the Druid, Bard and Ranger lists.  You would have to UMD an item (an action) to be able to speak to animals.

I think Josh's point is that it is not meant to be easy.  Using 1 Mythic Ability looks like the best path to take for overcoming what is otherwise a designed obstacle to summoning.
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:51 pm

I could see it go either way, and Summoner is an OP class. Language barrier puts a funny brake on summoning.

But I do like the idea, particularly with Matt's character, that they all speak in Binary. Since they are all just variant nanobots of the collective equation. In this case, maybe he can only "summon" 3-4 different nanobot types, especially if they are only animal intelligence... you have one that flies, one that swims, one that climbs, yadda yadda.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:56 pm

I do want to keep everything above board and within the rules. That being said -

Before I launch further into this, let me just state that I understand the rules mechanic about being able to communicate with them, but respectfully GM, why are we expecting robots to speak languages other than the one they are programmed with?

We agreed that the concept here was that the Summoner was producing robotic drones. These are not unicorns being pulled out of a magic hat. These "summoned creatures" are all robot/droids - constructs (by template and also in truth - being programmed and built to purpose), not "apes" or "air elementals", they are not animals, or a species of extra-dimensional aliens***. They are all machines, being built in a bunch of different Skins, varying shapes and capabilities.

Machines don't speak languages different from what their manufacturer's program and build them to speak.
    These are robots/droids that are custom produced as servants by the Prime. They would speak PRIME, or a PRIME DROID language. The Prime being half-construct as a race themselves, one is an elaboration of the other.

***The single exception on this Character build is the Eidolon, which can be summoned as an "Outsider" if summoned by 1 minute ritual rather than Spell.

Proposed solution -

I already have "Prime" and "Droid" slotted as languages (which IMO should already be sufficient to control robots of my own design). There is still one slot open, as I never heard back from the GM as to another common language in the Republic to fill it with. I will happily slot a "Prime drone control language" in that last slot.  That would make THREE supporting language slots and a Feat (augment summoning, construct) ensuring that my character can communicate with the robots it builds and programs.

I could further refine those two slots to "Droid, Prime" and "Droid, Republic" as well, if needed.

If that does not suit, let me know, I have a plan B.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Several posts popped up while I was typing, stand by -
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 pm

MAS wrote:I do want to keep everything above board and within the rules. That being said -

Before I launch further into this, let me just state that I understand the rules mechanic about being able to communicate with them, but respectfully GM, why are we expecting robots to speak languages other than the one they are programmed with?

We agreed that the concept here was that the Summoner was producing robotic drones. These are not unicorns being pulled out of a magic hat. These "summoned creatures" are all robot/droids - constructs (by template and also in truth - being programmed and built to purpose), not "apes" or "air elementals", they are not animals, or a species of extra-dimensional aliens***. They are all machines, being built in a bunch of different Skins, varying shapes and capabilities.

Machines don't speak languages different from what their manufacturer's program and build them to speak.
    These are robots/droids that are custom produced as servants by the Prime. They would speak PRIME, or a PRIME DROID language. The Prime being half-construct as a race themselves, one is an elaboration of the other.

If that does not suit, let me know, I have a plan B.

No, that is re-skinning for a mechanical advantage.  We specifically outlined what "re-skinning" meant up front = only changes in appearance.

Chris wrote:

It is all just re-skinning, functionality remains the same.

an ape is still just an ape, even when re-skinned to a "nano-tech-whatever-robot ape".  it is not intelligent, nor can it operate a computer, drive a car or interface with the internet or any other "creative" uses someone might suggest are then logical for a robot.  it is just re-skinning summon spells

I am happy to hear "plan B" but otherwise I suggest swapping out your mythic tier 1 ability to allow you to at least speak to elementals, fey, plants and animals.
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:29 pm

I was under the impression that making them all constructs would have solved that issue, but no worries. Going to fix it with a magic item, stand by.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Just to make a suggestion that doesn't require a major re-write... Matt, unless you see some need for Spellcraft, just dump your ranks from that into languages. You only need spellcraft to create magic items and figure out spells. Unless Chris is going to make you use it (unlikely from what I've heard) you really don't need it.

Just a thought...
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Ok, fixed.

I dropped my Bracers of Protection down a few levels to free up money for a -

"Wand of Tongues"

If I can kindly beg a retcon GM, I would have cast it just before popping off the greater invisibility.

UMD =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +22" :

8 + 22 = 30

Now I can talk to everything, proceed.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:50 am

MAS wrote:Ok, fixed.

I dropped my Bracers of Protection down a few levels to free up money for a -

"Wand of Tongues"

If I can kindly beg a retcon GM, I would have cast it just before popping off the greater invisibility.

UMD =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +22" :

8 + 22 = 30

Now I can talk to everything, proceed.

a retcon is fine, I suggested it earlier with skill points, languages or Mythic powers.  I am fine with a Wand of Tongues, but it doesn't actually solve (all) your issues

This spell grants the creature touched the ability to speak and understand the language of any intelligent creature, whether it is a racial tongue or a regional dialect. The subject can speak only one language at a time, although it may be able to understand several languages. Tongues does not enable the subject to speak with creatures who don't speak.

study   that doesn't help you with anything like an animal (ape, dinosaur, etc).  you still need the "speak with animals" spell\ability to communicate with them.  Tongues would cover all the elementals, devils, demons, celestials, etc.

I think this is just a mental block in how you think about summoned animals.  A summoned dinosaur\ape\lion - = a Barbarian in Clash of Clans.

You deploy it near an enemy, it starts attacking that enemy, then it moves on to the next target it acquires and continues to chop until 1 of them is dead.  repeat
    It doesn't have the intelligence to understand and carry out complex commands.  And you specifically need the magical spell\ability "speak with animals".  It is not a language or skill.

I agree that you can do really fancy maneuvers with intelligent monsters that you summon, when you share a common language - devils, demons, celestials, elementals.
    most of these have Int of 6-14, so equal to a human

Summon Monster X is a giant bag full of different tools. Each tool does something different. Animals you might notice do the most direct damage. Intelligent creatures have lower combat stats, but other special abilities and the intelligence for language and communication. Choosing the right tool for the job is the key.

So with your above declared actions (having used wand of tongues) - the AEM will fly in formation and act as a wall.  The apes will continue to ground and pound the droids.

ok?
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:50 am

Map updated to reflect SDX and nano actions.

Apes (using earlier rolls) continue to pound on their C3PXer targets

T'son is grappling with a C3PXer in the fog

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - Nano-apes and Nano-AEM
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge (NPC)
    4 - Bos

Shivak has finally arrived!

Shivak is at LONG range (using space combat terms for wpns). Shivak can see the landing platform in the distance and vaguely make out the fight. The Scorpion is burning and Shivak can see 1 droid starfighter hovering around the platform where his friends (and some others) are engaged in a fire fight with a group of Protocol droids.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:56 am

Close the range and target the starfighter. Let me know when the range closes... I think the penalties would be to high to try shooting him from here
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:22 am

whit10 wrote:Close the range and target the starfighter.  Let me know when the range closes... I think the penalties would be to high to try shooting him from here

a double move would take the Wrenvenge from Long to med, med to short. 1 more move (next turn) would put Shivak on the map and at starship Point Blank range
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:25 pm

that's fine
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:14 pm

The Wrenvenge is closing in fast! Bos can see her, but Sharn is in a haze. SDX doesn't know her.

The mechanical voice mocks Tarro, "How predictable.... biological emotions and passions are a terrible weakness.  You targeted me instead of securing your prize.  Shall I make you dance some more?  How about a different tune....."

The Droid starfighter flies over and hovers above the platform where T'son and Sharn are concealed in fog along with 2 of the C3PXers.  The Droid starfighter unloads a pair of concussion missiles just targeting the platform itself (area of effect).  The outcropping structure begins to crumble from the blast.

Sharn, T'son and the droids need to make a reflex save.  Sharn and the 2nd droid get a bit easier DC since he is farther from the edge.

A second Droid starfighter rises up from below and hovers next to the SE corner of the dock.  2 of the C3PXers grab Nomar's body (standard) and move onto the Starfighter's back (move).  The other 2 lay down a suppressing fire at Tarro with their rifles

both miss, but 1 was really close (hit a 26)

C3PX sniper decides to take his multiple shots at Tarro, possibly hitting AEM drones

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +15" :

1 + 15 = 16

affraid damn the luck, his railgun jams

C3PX uses a Heroic action to clear the slide action

The other C3PXers are engaged with robo-apes, but are ineffective in melee.  The 2 that were stunned are now active.

The homing missiles are coming around at Tarro again, need 2 more Reflex saves

map is current

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge  (NPC)  
    4 - Bos

Sharn is up - need a reflex save
    Bos on deck

Tarro (need 2 Reflex saves) in the hole
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Chris wrote:

ok?

Dig it.

I don't want to stop combat, but obviously need to address some issues in the build, caused by my errant understanding. Im confident the wand isnt really the solution, I just wanted to get the encounter moving again ASAP so I wasnt holding up the game for everyone.

I'd like to ride out this encounter of the Prologue and then do a quick reconfig when it isnt slowing down play if the GM and other folks are down with that. From there everything would be locked in, of course. Wont be anything game breaking, just shuffling of skill points and gear again.

If the Apes are in place and fighting without"command and control", cool. Id still like them to switch to grappling rather than hitting. Perfectly acceptable Ape tactic, well within their animal combat style.

As far as the "haste" spell goes, targeting the same location as stated, it still hits the AEMs, Tarro, and 3 Apes.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:48 pm

MAS wrote:
    Dig it.

I don't want to stop combat, but obviously need to address some issues in the build, caused by my errant understanding. Im confident the wand isnt really the solution, I just wanted to get the encounter moving again ASAP so I wasnt holding up the game for everyone.

I'd like to ride out this encounter of the Prologue and then do a quick reconfig when it isnt slowing down play if the GM and other folks are down with that. From there everything would be locked in, of course. Wont be anything game breaking, just shuffling of skill points and gear again.  

If the Apes are in place and fighting without"command and control", cool. Id still like them to switch to grappling rather than hitting. Perfectly acceptable Ape tactic, well within their animal combat style.

As far as the "haste" spell goes, targeting the same location as stated, it still hits the AEMs, Tarro, and 3 Apes.

Cool. I agree that this just takes a bit of tinkering to figure out. Again, we have never really dealt with a pure Summoner

I would suggest that you just do the respeccing now, but let's change the venue to email for discussion. That way it doesn't hold up the next encounter.

Haste - yes, it hit them all

Apes (or any animal without control) will attack with the attacks listed on their stat block only.

Offense
    Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
    Melee 2 slams +3 (1d6+2)
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.

If you can speak Auran or use Tongues or the Heirophant ability, then you give commands, change targets, tell them to use abilities etc.
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Hp 114/135
    PBAMF

Ref saves:

16+14=30
    8+14=22
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:21 pm

Sharn
    AC 21
    HP 87/87

Buffs:
    ~Sharn - Entropic Shield (ranged attacks 20% miss), Sanctuary (foes must make a Will save (DC 18) or they cannot attack Sharn)
    ~all allies - Bless (+1 Attacks and saves vs Fear)

~current bonus from Bos - (everyone that has a character within 30ft of Bos Lobo gains a +2 to hit/damage/skill checks/saves)

Reflex save: 18 + 7 + 2 = 27

Sharn can sense T'son, correct? Can he sense if he is damaged/dead? How does that force-user sense work mechanically? Is it like blindsight?
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:52 am

navyik wrote:Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Hp 114/135
    PBAMF

Ref saves:

16+14=30
    8+14=22

Tarro makes both saves and dodges the missiles again

Robyo wrote:Sharn
    AC 21
    HP 87/87

Buffs:
    ~Sharn - Entropic Shield (ranged attacks 20% miss), Sanctuary (foes must make a Will save (DC 18) or they cannot attack Sharn)
    ~all allies - Bless (+1 Attacks and saves vs Fear)

~current bonus from Bos - (everyone that has a character within 30ft of Bos Lobo gains a +2 to hit/damage/skill checks/saves)

Reflex save: 18 + 7 + 2 = 27

Sharn can sense T'son, correct? Can he sense if he is damaged/dead? How does that force-user sense work mechanically? Is it like blindsight?

Sharn makes his Reflex save and is safely on the structurally sound part of the dock.

I think you are referring to the SW d20 skill "Sense Force".

I may use a GM "you feel a disturbance in the Force" outside of combat or for narrative purposes. But mechanically speaking - Sharn has no abilities that are not provided by Monk\Cleric. Sharn is a PF re-skin and has no access to SW d20 Force skills.
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:26 am

Bos Lobo
    AC 17
    62/62 HP
    Good Hope (+2), Bless (+1)

Bos pops up from behind the wall and fire 2 shots at the droid starfighter (S-18). Seems to me that target is 26m away (-6 to hit)

Attack rolls: 13 and 17

13+10+3-6=20
    17+5+3-6=19

If those shots hit, Bos does 18 and 20 damage.

"Sharn! T'son! Get out of there!"

Takes cover again after firing...
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:59 am

Chris wrote:Sharn makes his Reflex save and is safely on the structurally sound part of the dock.

I think you are referring to the SW d20 skill "Sense Force".  

I may use a GM "you feel a disturbance in the Force" outside of combat or for narrative purposes.  But mechanically speaking - Sharn has no abilities that are not provided by Monk\Cleric.  Sharn is a PF re-skin and has no access to SW d20 Force skills.  

Okay. I wasn't looking at the SW20 rules, just going by earlier description:

Chris wrote:Bos feels the presence of 3 Force Users approaching.  T'son seems to perk up as well.

The turbolift doors open.  They are taken the mess hall area.  It is filled with prisoners eating and relaxing after 16 hrs of hard labor.

and:

Chris wrote:Sharn, Daxx, Shivak, T'son and Bos can all sense each other's presence as Force Users.   (Shivak doesn't have his Mythic Talent yet).  There are a few other Force users among the inmates, but their Force is weak.

So "feeling a disturbance in the force" obviously has a range, with intensifying and cumulative effects. Further, how do you address Detect Magic in this world? Is The Force magic, or does arcane/divine power sources exist too?

Anyways, Sharn wants to try and help T'son, but he he doesn't want to get blown up either. He dismisses the Obscuring Mist.

Sharn still has a move action and may burn a Hero Point. How many do we have? 10 total?
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:20 am

SDX adjustments made and locked. Most languages covered by reallocation of skill points to linguistics skill, speak to animals covered with magic item.

Thanks for your patience guys!
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:21 am

Bos tags the Droid starfighter once, but his shot seems to bounce off the starship's armor.

study Maximum Hero Points: Characters can have no more than 3 hero points at any one time.

Regardless of level, you can only hold 3.  I think there is a feat that lets you hold more.  Everyone starts with 3.  They get refilled when you +1 lvl, or perform a "heroic" act, etc, there is a whole list here:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html#using-hero-points

Detect Magic - again, mechanically there is no change to the spell's function.  Re-skinned, Magic = Force.  However Divine also = Force.  Monk powers = Force.  Druid powers = Force.  Or not, they might be re-skinned as something else.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/detectMagic.html#detect-magic

If you read the description, you can't use it like magical radar.  It specifically only detects the "Aura" from a spell or item.  

In this combat, for example, if Sharn cast it and sat there for 3 rounds concentrating.... aiming at Bos only.... he would detect the Auras of Bos's spells like Good Hope.  He wouldn't actually sense Bos, but would sense the spell aura on him.  

It works in a 60 ft cone, so you have to turn and spend 1-3 rds concentrating for each direction.

Some things called the Force won't show up, if they aren't specifically "magic" per PF.

Yes, the above 2 examples you posted are what I would call "narrative uses, outside of combat"  without mechanical implication.  Think of it like the GM saying in D&D - your character has a vision from his deity or your character has a gut feeling.  There really aren't "rules" that cover that or grant a mechanical advantage, they are just story devices.

anyways.....

After Sharn dismisses his Fog cloud, he can see that the whole platform edge is gone, along with T'son and the droid.

Sharn - give me a perception check, if he wants to look for T'son

I left the fog only to show what part of the dock is gone.  Sharn was just barely standing on a part that didn't get blown off cheers (reflex save)

map is current

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge (NPC)
    4 - Bos

Sharn is up, but unless his actions interfere with Tarro or SDX, they can go in sequence too
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 am

Sharn Perception (looking for T'son): 11 + 12 = 23
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:14 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn Perception (looking for T'son): 11 + 12 = 23

T'son barely missed his save and fell!

He hit hard and looks like he injured his back, but he is clinging for dear life on a communications array about 20m below Sharn

Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:14 pm

"Gruff growl growl gruff garrrarrr!" {Hang on T'son, I'm coming!}

Sharn harnesses the mystical force energy that surrounds him and all living things. The Force has always been with him, he only needed to learn how to identify it and harness it, to make it his own. He calls upon the Force to aid him in rescuing his comrade.

Spend a Hero point for a bonus action: Sharn attaches one end of his liquid cable dispenser (he has two, 40m of total cable) to some bit of decking that is still anchored to the platform. He uses his full movement to climb down. He has a Climb speed of 20' so that's what, like 10m.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Robyo wrote:"Gruff growl growl gruff garrrarrr!" {Hang on T'son, I'm coming!}

Sharn harnesses the mystical force energy that surrounds him and all living things. The Force has always been with him, he only needed to learn how to identify it and harness it, to make it his own. He calls upon the Force to aid him in rescuing his comrade.

Spend a Hero point for a bonus action: Sharn attaches one end of his liquid cable dispenser (he has two, 40m of total cable) to some bit of decking that is still anchored to the platform. He uses his full movement to climb down. He has a Climb speed of 20' so that's what, like 10m.

study 1 hex = 5ft = 2m as a general gaming translation.  

20' = 8m

but Sharn has "Agile Feet" as a domain power, which gives him +10' to his base speed

I believe, but I could be wrong, that affects all types of movement.  In contrast, Monk3 - Fast Movement - specifically says it increases land speed which would not affect climbing.

from the Race Guide:

Base Speed Quality

The next step is to pick the base speed quality for your race. Some racial traits can increase speed or grant other movement types, but these traits usually require the normal speed quality as a prerequisite.

I read that to mean that an increase to Base Speed wouldn't give you 10ft of climb, unless you already had climb from another trait, which Sharn does.

I think Sharn has a modified climb speed of 30' = 10m

I am surprised we didn't see a Dimensional Hop or Dimension Door, but Sharn does enjoy doing it the hard way pirat

Sharn rigs his harness and climbs 10m down, halfway to T'son

Tarro is up
    SDX on deck
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks for the reminder on Agile Feet. I forgot to factor that in.

I had considered letting Sharn teleport, or fly, but figured him and T'son needed a tether, so (mostly do to the action economy) chose to climb down. He may still need to cast a spell if things get hairy while they're on the array.

*BTW, I slowed down updates on the Faction Wars game, just while the current SW encounter is played out. But I haven't forgotten it, and do plan to get that encounter rolling next week...

Last edited by Robyo on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    15/20  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:30 am

Rob wrote: He may still need to cast a spell if things get hairy while they're on the array.

Oh, things are going to get hairy down there alright... Laughing
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:35 am

Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Hp 114/135
    PBAMF

"That isn't my prize," Tarro mutters, launching at C3PX.

Tarro flies @ 90' hasted.
    He makes a double move, flyin 60M towards C3PX on a line that will take him just above the saucer droids covering its shot to the dock.  He uses his bonus standard action to make a vital strike.  Studying his target (swift) he fires @ +3/+3

Natural 20+17+3=40
    Conf. 16+17+3=36
    Dmg 6d8+4= 23 (lousy dice)
    If crit x3=69 dude!

Using mythic power he makes a distant barrage:

9+17+3=29
    15+4=19 and bypasses DR.

Last edited by navyik on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stat block)
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:57 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Hp 114/135
    PBAMF

"That isn't my prize," Tarro mutters, launching at C3PX.

Tarro flies @ 90' hasted.
    He makes a double move, flyin 60M towards C3PX on a line that will take him just above the saucer droids covering its shot to the dock.  He uses his bonus standard action to make a vital strike.  Studying his target (swift) he fires @ +3/+3

Natural 20+17+3=40
    Conf. 16+17+3=36
    Dmg 6d8+4= 23 (lousy dice)
    If crit x3=69 dude!

Using mythic power he makes a distant barrage:

9+17+3=29
    15+4=19 and bypasses DR.

study nice move, you are really making the GM show his hand now

Tarro launches into the air and takes deadly aim at C3PX, above the LOS of the saucer AEMs.  Tarro feels the stars align for an amazing shot.  He watches the blaster bolt homing in towards C3PX's head.  At the last moment, there is a hazy distortion around the assassin droid.  Tarro isn't sure what just happened, his shot hit, but didn't seem to have been as serious a blow as he would have thought scratch

study if you beat C3PX I will explain, but it is an "immediate action" that gives him 10DR and negates a single crit, sneak attack or poison effect.  

Tarro's 2nd shot actually hits harder since it bypass all DR.

map updated

SDX + nanohorde are up
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 pm

SDX
    AC =18
    HP = 92 /92
    SP = 21 (forgot to list this the first time)
    Invisibility, greater (7 rounds remaining)

APE (LRG, 10 ft reach)
    AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12; (+2 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size)
    HP = 49 (19 +30 for Construct, Large Size)
    SPD = 30
    Melee = 2 slams +3 (1d6+2)
    Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 1
    (8 rounds remaining)
    HASTE

AIR ELEMENTAL, MEDIUM
    AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 13 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +3 natural)
    HP = 50 (30 +20 for Construct size Medium)
    Speed fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee slam +9 (1d6+3)
    Special Attacks whirlwind (DC 14)
    Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 22
    Feats Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved InitiativeB, Weapon FinesseB
    (10 minutes remaining)
    HASTE

SDX fine tunes his broadcast frequencies, finally eliminating the feedback that had been preventing clear control transmissions to his nano-drones.

"Positive."

"APE-FRAME, IMPEDE CLOSEST."

Apes shift to "grapple" tactics. From left to right -

Ape 1

18 + 5 = 23

Ape 2

1 + 5 = 6

Ape 3

16 + 5 = 21

Ape 4

13 + 5 = 18

"AIR-FRAME, ASSAULT CLOSEST"

AEM 1
    SLAM 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

6 + 9 = 15
    dmg if hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +3" :

6 + 3 = 9
    SLAM 2

2 + 9 = 11
    dmg if hits

1 + 3 = 4
    AEM 2
    SLAM 1

18 + 9 = 27
    dmg if hits

3 + 3 = 6
    SLAM 2

14 + 9 = 23
    dmg if hits

6 + 3 = 9
    AEM 3
    SLAM 1

4 + 9 = 13
    dmg if hits

3 + 3 = 6
    SLAM 2

17 + 9 = 26
    dmg if hits

4 + 3 = 7
    AEM 4
    SLAM 1

17 + 9 = 26
    dmg if hits

5 + 3 = 8
    SLAM 2

7 + 9 = 16
    dmg if hits

4 + 3 = 7
    AEM 5
    SLAM 1

11 + 9 = 20
    dmg if hits

6 + 3 = 9
    SLAM 2

18 + 9 = 27
    dmg if hits

2 + 3 = 5

"Threat subtraction occurring at unsatisfactory rate. Exponential advantage increase required."

SDX casts 2nd level spell "Summon Eidolon", apply one use of mythic power to gain "Agile" template.
    Eidolon will manifest beginning of SDX turn in round 4.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 am

MAS wrote:

SDX fine tunes his broadcast frequencies, finally eliminating the feedback that had been preventing clear control transmissions to his nano-drones.
    "Positive."

"APE-FRAME, IMPEDE CLOSEST."

Apes shift to "grapple" tactics. From left to right -

"AIR-FRAME, ASSAULT CLOSEST"

"Threat subtraction occurring at unsatisfactory rate. Exponential advantage increase required."

SDX casts 2nd level spell "Summon Eidolon", apply one use of mythic power to gain "Agile" template.
    Eidolon will manifest beginning of SDX turn in round 4.

sunny nice sense of humor!

Apes switch to "grapple" using their CMB.

Grapple

As a standard action, you can attempt to grapple a foe, hindering his combat options. If you do not have Improved Grapple, grab, or a similar ability, attempting to grapple a foe provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver.

Each C3PXer gets a melee AoO on their Ape:

(from left to right)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

17 + 7 = 24

5 + 7 = 12

17 + 7 = 24

8 + 7 = 15

3\4 hit, damage from left to right

Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +3" :

6 + 3 = 9

8 + 3 = 11

4 + 3 = 7

3\4 apes are now injured with the following HP

10\19
    8\19
    19\19
    12\19

Ape 1 and Ape 3 are successful in their grapples, Ape 2 (1 fumble) falls prone
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AEM 1 = 2 misses
    AEM 2 = 1 hit, minimal damage
    AEM 3 = 1 hit, minimal damage
    AEM 4 = 1 hit, minimal damage
    AEM 5 = 1 hit, minimal damage

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge  (NPC)  
    4 - Bos

T'son cries out in pain as he dangles limply from the comm relay

Shivak is up - ship is now at short (ship) range.  Shivak can see the scene below him

study I will update the map tonight (forgot to email myself the latest PP) drunken
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 am

Blast one of the fighters... I don't have the ship rules here: Dex bonus and BAB to attack with the ships guns?
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 pm

whit10 wrote:Blast one of the fighters... I don't have the ship rules here:  Dex bonus and BAB to attack with the ships guns?

here's the ship stats

http://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t123-loot-thread#14911

Dex + BAB + Fire Control of whatever weapon you choose

there are 2 droid starfighters - please select a target.

note - one of them has a dead body and 2 C3PXers on its back. The other is firing at a platform with Sharn, Bos and T'son (now dangling from a comm array)
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 pm

shoot at the one that's firing:

so, Dex. bonus + BAB + Fire control for the quad lasers = +23

Roll(1d20)+23:
    13,+23
    Total:36

if that hits (and I'm taking the damage from what you posted)

Damage:

Roll(6d10)+0:
    2,10,7,4,9,7,+0
    Total:39

Roll(6d10)+0:
    9,8,5,8,5,6,+0
    Total:41

and I think Shivak would get a second shot as well? Full attack?

If so:

Roll(1d20)+18:
    4,+18
    Total:22

I would think that misses but if not:

Damage:

Roll(6d10)+0:
    1,5,4,4,6,1,+0
    Total:21

Roll(6d10)+0:
    4,1,5,8,5,6,+0
    Total:29
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Ok, so just so we are clear cuz.... we haven't done ship combat yet......

Shivak stayed at Short range for ships, which is WAY off the map of the fight.  Shivak would need to move once, to get to "ship point blank" to be on the map.  (feats like PBS count)

Shivak has not raised the shields (computer use [easy] but takes a move action).  Shivak was not cloaked (action), which would have dropped when you fired anyways.

Yes, Shivak can take a Full Attack and fire twice.

you can roll 12d10 if you want, but I think it is just easier to roll 6d10x2 as stated, so 39x2 = 78

before I tell you the results of the rolls, do you want to keep your actions?
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:52 pm

oh... uh, no. Sorry, I wasn't really thinking clearly.

Can the shields and cloaking device be engaged at the same time?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm