Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Port Nowhere like Home

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty Re: Port Nowhere like Home

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 pm

whit10 wrote:I was just hoping to move the tornado looking MFer that is blocking the turbo lift.

Before we calculate success....  the tornado looking MFer is one of Matt's summoned monsters.  He is not an enemy and is only blocking the other Eldrazi guards, not the party.

MAS wrote:
    The "south" Bralani rushes forward and gets as close he can to the turbolift entrance without getting into melee range of an Elrazi.

He then uses a standard action to take "wind form".

Chris wrote:
    Bralani (south) assumes wind form and perfectly flies over the top of the Eldrazi Guards to take up a position near the turbolifts.

Do you still want to move him?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:25 pm

crap, sorry about that. The one to the left of the tornado then
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:43 pm

whit10 wrote:crap, sorry about that.  The one to the left of the tornado then

I assume you mean the green Eldrazi Guard to the Tornado's 7 o'clock?

He fails his Reflex save and his moved 15ft, which provokes AoOs from the Bralani (north), Bralani (wind form) and Eidolon! Twisted Evil

Each get 1 whack at him with their best attack\standard

map is updated (assuming he survives, if not, I will just erase him)

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Cc_fig18

SDX - need AoO for the 3

Tarro is up, go ahead, the AoOs shouldn't affect you

SDX on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 pm

AoO =

Bralani - windform, slam =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

13 + 12 = 25

dmg =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +7" :

5 + 7 = 12

------------------------------

Bralani, scimitar

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

17 + 13 = 30

dmg

Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +8" :

1 + 8 = 9

-------------------------------

Eidolon, slam

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

18 + 19 = 37

dmg =

Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +12" :

4 + 4 + 12 = 20
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:09 am

Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF

Studied target +3/+3 (up to 3 separate targets at once).
    Aid +1 attacks and saves

Vital strike @ weaver w/ pinpoint targeting

19+19+3+1= 42 to hit (threat)
    9+19+3+1 = 32 to crit (pinpoint target applies)
    Dmg (9d6+4)=47 (141 if crit)

Use mythic pow for distant barrage @ weaver if it hasn't dropped. Move on to guard otherwise.

20+19+3+1=43 to hit (threat)
    5+19+3+1+6(surge 1d6)+4(hero, may as well make it count)+1(luck)=39 to crit
    Dmg (3d8+4)=21 (63 if crit)

I've blown my wad fella's. Hope y'all got some tricks up your sleeves...

"Dockmaster, hostiles coming at you."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 am

Eldrazi Guard takes the 3 AoO, only the last hit seems to do any real damage.  Its protective slime still burns the attackers:

Bralani\Wind takes 6 acid
    Bralani\scimitar takes 3 acid
    Eidolon takes 5 acid

navyik wrote:Tarro
    Vital strike @ weaver w/ pinpoint targeting

Alan - I just want to make sure that I understand your combo here.....

is this the Pinpoint target (feat) you are referring to?

Pinpoint Targeting (Combat)

You can target the weak points in your opponent's armor.

Prerequisites: Dex 19, Improved Precise Shot, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, base attack bonus +16.

Benefit: As a standard action, make a single ranged attack. The target does not gain any armor, natural armor, or shield bonuses to its Armor Class. You do not gain the benefit of this feat if you move this round.

I see it on Tarro's character sheet, it comes through the Ranger Combat feats via Slayer talents (so you don't have to meet the pre-reqs), right?

then also applying this

Improved Vital Strike (Combat)

You can make a single attack that deals a large amount of damage.

Prerequisites: Vital Strike, base attack bonus +11.

Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage. Roll the weapon's damage dice for the attack three times and add the results together before adding bonuses from Strength, weapon special abilities (such as flaming), precision based damage, and other damage bonuses. These extra weapon damage dice are not multiplied on a critical hit, but are added to the total.

study Ok, let me do a little research, stand by
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:39 pm

As I read the 2 feats:  Improved Vital Strike and Pinpoint Target, both take a standard action to perform, so I don't think they can be combined.

Benefit: As a standard action, make a single ranged attack.

It costs a standard action to make that 1 special attack

Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage.

The "attack action" is also a standard action.  

Attack

Making an attack is a standard action.

So you can't do 2 standard actions at the same time, as far as I can tell.  You have to use the "attack action" (standard) for IVS and PPT costs a separate standard action.

In general, I think the intention of each feat is to forgo all other attacks and make 1 single attack (either for more damage or for greater accuracy).

I am open to hearing an argument for using both together.  (from anyone)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 pm

I would argue that "single attack" and "standard action" are different terms and therefore are not mutually exclusive of one another.

I can't use vital strike during a full attack, but I am using my standard action to make a pinpoint target attack which IS an attack action.

Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage.

When I use that attack action i can apply vital strike to a single attack. It doesn't say "per round" or AS an attack action. It says when I USE the attack action.

There ARE cases where two feats both use a standard action. This is not one of them.

I thought I was being pretty conservative with this: My distant barrage is also an attack action (a separate one); I probably should be able to use vital strike there as well. I SHOULD probably, based on how this is worded, be able to apply vital strike to my first attack in a full attack, which is using the attack action, as only a "single attack" will apply the bonus.

If you think it is O.P., just compare it to the gunslinger stuff you used against us. DANG DUDE! pirat
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 pm

I agree that "single attack" and "standard action" are different terms.  Standard action is the broader term, of which "making an attack" is one option.  

You are correct that VS doesn't say per round.  

I actually agree with you, on your second point.  I think you CAN use Vital Strike with Distant Barrage.

Distant Barrage (Ex): As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to make a ranged attack at your highest attack bonus.

VS can be applied to DB, however, Pinpoint Target cannot.  PPT requires its own Standard Action (cost) which DB does not.  DB grants 1 attack, not 1 standard action.  You can't cast a spell or drink a potion (broader standard action), you can only attack b\c that is what is granted.

Let's look at this from a different perspective - melee attacks and applying feats like Trip\Sunder

Making an Attack of Opportunity: An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack

What can be applied to an AoO?

Sunder

You can attempt to sunder an item held or worn by your opponent as part of an attack action in place of a melee attack.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Trip

You can attempt to trip your opponent in place of a melee attack.

Feinting is a standard action.

Disarm

You can attempt to disarm your opponent in place of a melee attack.

You could  Trip, Sunder or Disarm, but you could not Feint - because a Feint is a standard action in and of itself (like PPT).  The others can be applied to or replace a melee attack.

I see VS more like Trip\Sunder\Disarm since it says "when you use the attack action" it implies that you can add VS to a single attack.

I hadn't thought of this..... but I think you can apply VS to an AoO as well, since it gives you 1 single melee attack.  However, you couldn't make a PPT b\c that costs a standard action, which you wouldn't have since it specifically gives 1 melee attack action.  Likewise you couldn't cast a spell or drink a potion, only attack.

damn.... I am talking myself into a corner here drunken

PPT (cost standard action)  result = 1 attack

DB (cost 1 mythic point)  result = 1 attack

AoO (cost free)  result = 1 attack

in that light....... anything you can apply\substitute to 1 attack (trip, sunder, VS) could be applied to the attack (result) of using a standard action to power PPT or to an AoO.

PPT (cost standard) could NOT be used for an AoO or DB, however, since they only grant the lesser (subset) attack, not a full standard.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:48 pm

drunken and you can throw thermal detonators
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:54 pm

yes you can... and you can throw wookies too! (watch Shivak's next trick)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:05 pm

I could dial you back by questioning whether an AoO is an attack ACTION, or just a free attack. Otherwise, sign me up for a 15' reach weapon with vital strike and combat reflexes...

I read too much case law...

I have a summary judgement hearing march 8. If I win, I get a trial.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 pm

I don't think Vital Strike can be used on an AoO. Combat Maneuvers can but I think Vital strike requires it to be your turn.

What trial are you referring to?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:14 pm

whit10 wrote:I don't think Vital Strike can be used on an AoO. Combat Maneuvers can but I think Vital strike requires it to be your turn.

Vital Strike (Combat)

You make a single attack that deals significantly more damage than normal.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +6.

Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage. Roll the weapon's damage dice for the attack twice and add the results together before adding bonuses from Strength, weapon abilities (such as flaming), precision based damage, and other damage bonuses. These extra weapon damage dice are not multiplied on a critical hit, but are added to the total.

It doesn't say anything about it having to be your turn.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:17 pm

but it says "when you use the attack action" I don't know if that covers AoO or not. Maybe the forums have the answer?

I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't be able to do it but I'm not sure
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm

navyik wrote:I could dial you back by questioning whether an AoO is an attack ACTION, or just a free attack.  

LOL - that is what I was saying in the beginning

Chris wrote:As I read the 2 feats:  Improved Vital Strike and Pinpoint Target, both take a standard action to perform, so I don't think they can be combined.

Benefit: As a standard action, make a single ranged attack.

It costs a standard action to make that 1 special attack

The "attack action" is also a standard action.  

Attack

Making an attack is a standard action.

So you can't do 2 standard actions at the same time, as far as I can tell.  You have to use the "attack action" (standard) for IVS and PPT costs a separate standard action.

In general, I think the intention of each feat is to forgo all other attacks and make 1 single attack (either for more damage or for greater accuracy).

There is no actual definition or proper term called "Attack action" in PF.  I think part of the problem here is that PF (like most games) just uses terms loosely.

Action: An action is a discrete measurement of time during a round of combat. Using abilities, casting spells, and making attacks all require actions to perform. There are a number of different kinds of actions, such as a standard action, move action, swift action, free action, and full-round action (see Combat).

Those are the "actions" and attack isn't one of them.

Like I initially argued, I think the intention is that Vital Strike uses a 'standard action' (which is what they mean when they say 'attack action').  The intention is that it replaces the attack you make with a standard action.  

I agree that there is a difference between being granted "1 attack" and being granted "1 standard action".

That means that Vital Strike and PPT cannot be used together Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:22 pm

whit10 wrote:but it says "when you use the attack action"  I don't know if that covers AoO or not.  

the problem is that "attack action" isn't a real term and doesn't mean anything

I think the intention is that "attack action" means that you used a standard action to make an attack.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm

yeah, I think you have it right (upon reflection)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't think my concession on AoO's validates your extremely strict limitation of combined usage of the 2 feats. If we want to argue "the spirit of the law," over the letter of the law, then I propose that the intention of the wording od VS was not to regulate combined usage with other feats, but ONLY to prohibit itterative attacks for massive damage. If they wanted to prohibit combinations, they WOULD have made VS a standard action.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:18 pm

navyik wrote:I don't think my concession on AoO's validates your extremely strict limitation of combined usage of the 2 feats.  If we want to argue "the spirit of the law," over the letter of the law, then I propose that the intention of the wording od VS was not to regulate combined usage with other feats, but ONLY to prohibit itterative attacks for massive damage.  If they wanted to prohibit combinations, they WOULD have made VS a standard action.

I concede that given the ambiguous wording, we may never come to an agreement on "letter of the law".

I think the spirit of both VS and PPT is the same - you can use this 1 ability in place of any and all regular attacks, as a standard action (attack action wording) replacement ability.

I think the spirit of Trip\Sunder\Disarm is that it can replace any single attack ie - if you have 3 iterative attacks, you could trip, then sunder, then disarm or trip, attack, attack. In this vein, these can be used for an AoO.

This is just my personal take on it
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Ok, so I just checked the forums and this a HUGE area of confusion and debate

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2nqnz?Attack-action#1

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rbhk?Pinpoint-Targeting-and-Vital-Strike#1

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qld2?Pinpoint-Targeting-Vital-Strike#1

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2juak?Charging-with-a-Vital-Strike#22

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qh0c?Pinpoint-targetting-feat#1

that bring up all the same questions plus more, like using VS with a Charge

here seems to the only reply I can find from someone at Paizo

Jason Bulmahn Lead Designer Aug 20, 2009, 11:21 am
    9 people marked this as FAQ candidate. 3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Jason Bulmahn

As of the current rules, you cannot use Vital Strike as part of a charge. Vital Strike is an attack action, which is a type of standard action. Charge is a special full-round action (excluding partial charge). You cannot currently combine the two. The preview was in error. Alas I did not catch it until weeks later, and by then, there was no point in digging up old topics.

Hope that helps...

Jason Bulmahn
    Lead Designer
    Paizo Publishing

Last edited by Chris on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Ok, since "attack action" is a standard action and so is PPT, they can't be used at the same time.

Does Tarro want to reconsider any part of his actions since he can't combine VS and PPT?

study as a house rule, I would allow them to be combined by spending a Hero Point and thus gaining an extra standard action applied to the same attack
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Chris wrote:Eldrazi Guard takes the 3 AoO, only the last hit seems to do any real damage.  Its protective slime still burns the attackers:

Bralani\Wind takes 6 acid
    Bralani\scimitar takes 3 acid
    Eidolon takes 5 acid

Bralani have acid resistance 5, so the first takes 1 dmg and that is it.
    Eidolon takes 5.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 pm

Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF

Aid +1 attacks and saves

Vital strike @ weaver w/ pinpoint targeting by using hero point.

19+19+3+1+1(point blank)= 43 to hit (threat)
    9+19+3+1+1(point blank) = 33 to crit (pinpoint target applies)
    Dmg (9d6+5)=48 (143 if crit)

Use mythic pow for distant barrage @ weaver if it hasn't dropped. Move on to guard otherwise.

20+19+3+1+1(point blank)=44to hit (threat)
    5+19+3+1+1(point blank)+6(surge 1d6)=35 to crit
    Dmg (3d8+5)=22 (66 if crit)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:53 am

navyik wrote:Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF

Aid +1 attacks and saves

Vital strike @ weaver w/ pinpoint targeting by using hero point.

19+19+3+1+1(point blank)= 43 to hit (threat)
    9+19+3+1+1(point blank) = 33 to crit (pinpoint target applies)
    Dmg (9d6+5)=48 (143 if crit)

20+19+3+1+1(point blank)=44to hit (threat)
    5+19+3+1+1(point blank)+6(surge 1d6)=35 to crit
    Dmg (3d8+5)=22 (66 if crit)

Tarro lines up his target like a trained sniper.....  he hits the Eldrazi Weaver in a weak spot, bypassing all its considerable natural armor

study FYI  AC 36, touch 13, flat-footed 35 (+4 deflection, +1 Dex, +23 natural, –2 size)

Tarro's first shot is a critical hit, doing massive damage, almost exactly half of the beast's HP in 1 shot, before its DR  cheers

study FYI  hp 287 (15d10+205); fast healing 5

Tarro's 2nd shot is also a hit, but just barely fails to be a crit.  It does bypass all DR, so that helps.

maps are current

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Cc_fig19

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 1_turb11

SDX is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Shivak moved last time actually... to O-18 (I think I said this)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:41 pm

whit10 wrote:Shivak moved last time actually... to O-18 (I think I said this)

thanks!

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Cc_fig20

SDX is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 pm

SDX HP = 95/100
    Improved Invisibility, 3 rounds
    Mythic Power, 2 remaining

B1 85/86
    B2 86
    B3 86 (windform)

BRALANI CR 6
    XP 2,400
    CG Medium outsider (azata, chaotic, extraplanar, good, shapechanger)
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +15
    DEFENSE

1 Point evolution (Evolved Summoned Monster feat) Acid resistance 5
    AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+4 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 86 (66+20 for medium Construct)
    Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +6
    DR 10/cold iron or evil; Immune electricity, petrification; Resist cold 10, fire 10; SR 17
    OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft., fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee +1 scimitar +13/+8 (1d6+8/18–20) or slam +12 (1d6+7)
    Ranged +1 composite longbow +12/+7 (1d8+8/×3)
    Special Attacks whirlwind blast
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 6th)
    At Will—blur, charm person (DC 13), gust of wind (DC 14), mirror image, wind wall
    2/day—lightning bolt (DC 15), cure serious wounds
    STATISTICS

Str 24, Dex 18, Con 23, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 15
    Base Atk +7; CMB +12; CMD 26
    Feats Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills Bluff +12, Fly +22, Handle Animal +12, Perception +15, Ride +14, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +14
    Languages Celestial, Draconic, Infernal; truespeech
    SQ wind form

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Whirlwind Blast (Su) When in wind form, a bralani can attack with a scouring blast of wind, dealing 3d6 points of damage in a 20-foot line (Reflex DC 17 half). The save DC is Constitution-based.
    Wind Form (Su) A bralani can shift between its humanoid body and a body made of wind and mist as a standard action. In humanoid form, it cannot fly or use its whirlwind blast. In wind form, it functions as if under the effects of a wind walk spell. It can make slam attacks and use spell-like abilities in either form. A bralani remains in one form until it chooses to assume its other form. A change in form cannot be dispelled, nor does the bralani revert to any particular form when killed (both shapes are its true form). A true seeing spell reveals both forms simultaneously.

EIDOLON
    Configuration B, Construct - Spell Summoned:
    BIPED: Size Large; Speed 30 ft./ Fly 30 ft. ; AC +2 natural armor; Saves Fort (good), Ref (bad), Will (good); Attack 2 claws (1d4); Ability Scores Str 34, Dex 10, Con 10*, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11; Free Evolutions claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).
    HD: 9 / Good Saves +6, Bad Save +3 / Armor +8 / Str +4 / Max Attacks = 5
    HP = 106/126
    FORT = +2
    REF = +2
    WILL = +2
    AC = 25
    BAB = +8
    Attacks = +19 / Claws x4, 1d4+12 +1d6 Acid & Slam 2D6+12
    Darkvision, Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Ability Score increase x2, Devotion, Multiattack
    No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
    Low-light vision.
    Darkvision 60 feet.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
    Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
    Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
    Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    A construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
    A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, LARGE = 30
    Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

Power Attack (Combat)
    Cleave (Combat)
    Combat Reflexes (Combat)
    Toughness
    Intimidating Prowess (Add your Strength modifier to Intimidate skill checks in addition to your Charisma modifier.)

+4 morale bonus on Will saves against enchantment spells and effects.
    The creature's secondary attacks with natural weapons take only a –2 penalty.
    Evasion (Ex): If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:17 pm

The Eidilon launches its full compliment of attacks against the Elrazi L/24. Prior to the attack, it takes a 5 foot step to N/24 in order to clear LOS/LOA between Windform Bralanli and Elrazi L/24.

Claw1

15 + 19 = 34

dmg
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +1d4 +12" :

(acid)1 + 2 + 12 = 15

Claw2

17 + 19 = 36

dmg

(acid)1 + 2 + 12 = 15

Claw3

20 + 19 = 39

CRIT CONFIRMATION ROLL

5 + 19 = 24

dmg (double if crit, or go ahead and roll 1d6+1d4+12 for me)

(acid)5 + 2 + 12 = 19

Claw4

14 + 19 = 33

dmg
    (acid)

4 + 2 + 12 = 18

Slam

2 + 19 = 21

dmg
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +12" :

5 + 1 + 12 = 18
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bralani 1 and 2 will use a standard action to take windform.

B3 (already in windform) channels a scouring "whirlwind blast" of razor sharp nano-bots at Elrazi L/24.

Dmg
    Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

3 + 6 + 5 = 14
    20-foot line (Reflex DC 17 half). The save DC is Constitution-based.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDX uses whatever movement is needed (fly 40) to get inside the turbo lift, but up against a wall.

He then activates a swarm of exponential fusion multiplication nanos and launches towards the belly of the Elrazi weaver...positioned so that the 20ft radius catches all 4 of the enemy creatures.

Necklace of fireballs type V, 9d6x1
    Result of the throw of dice "9d6" :

1 + 3 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 6 + 3 = 31

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 am

Matt - thanks for always posting the summoned monster stat blocks, that really helps cheers

Eidolon systematically tears apart the Eldrazi M at L-24, each claw and slam doing only minimal damage, but its determination programming over comes the limitations of its claws.

Bralani (windform) has no target - new action?

Other 2 Bralani assume wind form, no AoO since it is a (Su).

SDX silently floats into position and launches his nano-bomb

please make a Spell Penetration roll (d20 + caster lvl + feats\bonus, if applicable)

maps updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 1_cc_f19

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 1_tubr12

Chris wrote:Initiative: Rd 5

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19
    SDX 18

Sharn 8
    Eldrazi Weaver 8
    Eldrazi guards 8

Sharn is just going to try and heal Jakarro

study Eldrazi Weaver and his guards are up, but I am waiting for results of Bralani attack and fireball Spell Pen roll
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:09 am

To be clear, what you are asking for is a roll vs Spell Resistance, correct? Because in Pathfinder "spell penetration" is a feat that effects Spell Resistance rolls, and there isnt a "spell penetration" mechanic. Just ensuring that I am understanding which mechanic you are asking for.

vs Spell Resistance -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

12 + 11 = 23

Ok, so it looks like all attacks dont land at once or windform wouldnt be left without a target, which serves my purpose.

Windform with no target will pause until just after the fireball detonation, and then fly into the turbo lift and position himself just in front of the far left Elrazi guard so that his 20 foot line attack strikes the both the guard and the weaver.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 am

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:56 am

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 am

MAS wrote:To be clear, what you are asking for is a roll vs Spell Resistance, correct? Because in Pathfinder "spell penetration" is a feat that effects Spell Resistance rolls, and there isnt a "spell penetration" mechanic. Just ensuring that I am understanding which mechanic you are asking for.

vs Spell Resistance -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

12 + 11 = 23

Ok, so it looks like all attacks dont land at once or windform wouldnt be left without a target, which serves my purpose.

Windform with no target will pause until just after the fireball detonation, and then fly into the turbo lift and position himself just in front of the far left Elrazi guard so that his 20 foot line attack strikes the both the guard and the weaver.

Correct, sorry I might have been using the old 3.x terminology.  The Eldrazi Weaver is not affected by the fireball, but the 3 Eldrazi Guards get singed.  SDX notes that they seem to have some resistance to fire (resist fire 10).

MAS wrote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bralani 1 and 2 will use a standard action to take windform.

B3 (already in windform) channels a scouring "whirlwind blast" of razor sharp nano-bots at Elrazi L/24.

Dmg
    Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

3 + 6 + 5 = 14
    20-foot line (Reflex DC 17 half). The save DC is Constitution-based.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bralani moves into the turbolift shaft and blasts 1 guard and the weaver.  Weaver takes minimal damage, the guard fails his save and takes full damage.

Eldrazi Weaver initiated this ability last turn

Chris wrote:
    Eldrazi Weaver's body begins to glow with a nimbus of unusual light.  It scampers 40ft up the turbolift, up to about the first 'platform'.

and now unleashes (free) a waves of energy from its body in a 60ft radius that affects all non-eldrazi

map updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 1_turb13

Will save DC 24 for Tarro, SDX and Bralani windform.  it is a Su, so no SR and it is a mythic ability

study holding Weaver and guards other actions, pending results of save
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:31 am

Tarro
    Ac 30(32) SR22
    Touch 20(22)
    Hp 73/148
    PBAMF

Aid +1 attacks and saves

+2 racial bonus on saves vs. death effects, energy drain, negative energy, and spells or spell-like abilities of the necromancy school.

Will save 12+8+1=21 (+2 if fear based/ +2 if neg energy or necro based)

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 pm

SDX Will Save:
    Half-constructs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

3 + 7 = 10 (+2 if meets above criteria, not that it matters)

Bralani, Windform
    Construct = Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms). Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.

Will Save
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

10 + 6 = 16

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:59 pm

here is the text on the ability in question:

Unholy Nimbus (Su) Three times per day as a free action, the demon can create writhing colored lights on its body. One round later, the light bursts in a 60-foot radius. Any non-demon caught within this area must succeed at a DC 24 Will save or be dazed for 1d10 rounds as visions of madness hound it. The save DC is Charisma-based.

It doesn't specify that it is any "type" of effect in particular. I think abilities normally say something like "this is a mind-affecting compulsion" or "this is a death-effect" or whatever if they are meant to be a certain type

study I am open to hearing any arguments about why your character should or should not be affected
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:13 pm

it says "any non-demon is affected" that's pretty clear cut
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:41 pm

we need to figure a different way to get at this thing...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:51 pm

whit10 wrote:we need to figure a different way to get at this thing...

study I am happy to answer any questions about the map, structures, etc (hint, hint) that I can based on your character's ability to perceive them

I might suggest a Balrogian approach, since "this foe is greater than you all" and running isn't an option
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Pretty clear cut, IMO.

It is a charisma based save that creates "visions of madness", meaning it is a mind-affecting effect. Bralani windform (which is a Construct) is immune, SDX who is a half-construct is not.

I'm not out of tricks yet folks, but if we cant kill this thing outright, we should try to herd it into A) a teleporter/warpfield B) a power generator/engine core C) airlock so we can spacewalk the fucker.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:26 am

while I don't disagree with your idea Matt, any suggestions on how to "herd" it? This thing is basically a Pit Fiend.. I'm not sure how we can 'herd' it
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 am

MAS wrote:Pretty clear cut, IMO.

It is a charisma based save that creates "visions of madness", meaning it is a mind-affecting effect. Bralani windform (which is a Construct) is immune, SDX who is a half-construct is not.

I would tend to agree with this, just from the description, even though it usually states if something is mind-affecting or necromantic or whatever.  (note: they are vacuum dwellers, like the Wisps)

SDX and Tarro are dazed for 1d10 rounds

Result of the throw of dice "1d10" :

Dazed: The creature is unable to act normally. A dazed creature can take no actions, but has no penalty to AC.

The Eldrazi Weaver is satisfied that it is safe.  It uses a standard action to recharge the Nimbus weapon and moves another 40ft up the empty turbolift shaft towards the control room.  Eldrazi Guards engage the Windform, Tarro and SDX (they have constant see invisibility)

Eldrazi Guards on Windform takes 3 attacks, with the following to hit results: 28, 20, 31

the attacks, if they hit, do

11 + 4 (acid)
    11 + 1 (acid)
    10 + 8 (acid)

the other 2  Eldrazi Guards move to each engage Tarro and SDX with 1 attack

vs Tarro it rolls a 25, a miss

vs SDX it rolls a 27, a hit for

9 + 5 (acid) damage

map updated

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Turbol12

Chris wrote:Initiative:  Rd 6

Shivak 23
    Tarro 19
    SDX 18

Sharn 8
    Eldrazi Weaver 8
    Eldrazi guards 8

top of round 6 - please adjust any lingering effects

it's not a Devil Evil or Very Mad
    it's a demon Twisted Evil

Shivak is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:15 pm

where is the turbolift itself? Is it already at the top of the shaft?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 pm

whit10 wrote:where is the turbolift itself?  Is it already at the top of the shaft?

bounce now you're thinking  bounce The lift itself is already at the top, which is why when the Eldrazi and party entered, they were in an empty shaft (as pictured) and not inside the passenger box that carries people up\down

study In my mind a turbolift does not have a wire that pulls the passenger box up\down.  It runs on something akin to an electromagnetic rail of some kind.

Shivak assumes that the Dockmaster pulled the lifts up to protect the control room
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Are the controls where Shivak can get to them?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:04 pm

whit10 wrote:Are the controls where Shivak can get to them?

Shivak sees something like this on the side of the turbolift tube, right next to where the door opens to enter the passenger box

Port Nowhere like Home - Page 3 Static10

is that what you mean?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Why yes. Yes it is Smile

Just to ask first, will it hit SDX and Tarro as well if I bring it down?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:10 pm

whit10 wrote:Why yes.  Yes it is Smile

Just to ask first, will it hit SDX and Tarro as well if I bring it down?

They are both "inside" the turbolift shaft, yes.

just to be clear....

The lift, much like an elevator in a tall office building, might take 20-30 seconds (3-5 rounds) at regular speed to reach Shivak's floor, just as a time-conversion reminder.

Is it Shivak's intention to lower the lift by pressing the button, per normal usage, and bring the lift down at its routine, safe, operational speed?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:35 pm

well, ideally, he would like to push the button and then go for "ramming speed" while using Move Object. He would also then try to use Move Object to pull Tarro and SDX out. Is that just two standard actions?

He has one Hero Point left and that could be used for this (I think a move action will be required as well?)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content