Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Deeper in the Shadows

    Share
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:17 pm

    After the companions gather their gear, Speaker Boone introduces them to a burly looking Earth Genasi. A well-worn pick rests on his shoulder and many tools adorn his belt. As you approach, he takes a huge pinch of ground mushroom from a leather snuff pouch, and plants it between cheek and gum.



    "This is Jonk, the scavenger Boss who's team was most recently there. He will lead you there and should be able to answer questions you might have about the tunnel, if you can understand what he says through all of that chew-a-cap!". Boone cracks a smile - perhaps the first you've seen him make, and Jonk chuckles through his packed cheek.

    "Yer funne 'un, urncha?!" he replies.

    Jonk motions for the party to follow, and takes off at a brisk walk as he spits a gob of chew on the cavern floor.

    "OIght Ten! De' olt 'unnel. Bein blokd' fer well nowon 20 yers. But the grewnd bein shiftin anit luks asif der myt b away thruit now. Ican tak ye partha way.."

    He hocks another gob of chew-a-cap on the ground.

    "an shoya whut Itink isda best path. Yous not skareda tyt plasss, ryt?!? haha!"

    After a time, the companions reach the tunnel mouth. A warding stone is rolled back and opened. The light from Milling spills down the tunnel, illuminating its nearest reaches...



    "Havya ane questions 'for wer off?" asks Jonk...

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 am

    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative

    +3 party AC bonus included above.


    Ali briefly catalogues the smuggling implications of this for later.

    "Do you having any wildlife in this tunnels?"


    Last edited by navyik on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 am

    "Thank you, Boss Jonk.  Have you encountered any specific pitfalls that we should be aware of?  Just in case we get separated."



    Vozz, the mystic
    Move: 30
    PP: 12
    AC: 10 (*13)
    HP:  18\18
    *Darkvision

    Daily luck 2\3

    Divination Foretelling Rolls:
    12
    6
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:52 am

    Besides grabbing arrows, Tungo also re-upped his food and water.

    "Tungo suggest Ali go first, sneaking."

    As the party advances, Tungo is holding a torch and greataxe.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:18 pm

    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative

    +3 party AC bonus included above.


    Stealth. 9+7=16


    "Maybe we all trying to get sneaking, even if you are not as sneaking as Ali Abbas Uz Amirr?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:15 pm

    navyik wrote:"Maybe we all trying to get sneaking, even if you are not as sneaking as Ali Abbas Uz Amirr?"

    "You right Ali. Tungo go quiet too, but carrying torch, so not too sneaky Tungo suppose."

    Stealth check: 14 + 4 = 18
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:56 pm

    Vozz clumsily moves through the tunenl

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    6
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:24 pm

    navyik wrote:Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative

    +3 party AC bonus included above.


    Stealth. 9+7=16


    Ali stays ahead of Tungo's torch using the dimest edge of the glow to scout and inviting the boss scavenger to keep pace.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:03 am

    Jonk pauses for at the tunnel mouth, taking a moment to consider the companion's questions. He chaws at his mouthful of caps noisily in the brief silence, then spits juice off to the tunnel's side.

    "Dis closeta de surfas, not mucha beasts inda tunels. Da' ushal smallrcrawli stuffs. Yus gos deepr notlln whut yusee. Holbig frakn sirkle o'lyf, untergrount. Bestbe onyar toz, shud 'ya endup anywer not carvd by min, jusabot efryting alyfe is lookn fera meel. Syds tat, mynd yer futz an' edz. Tatzta sey, besbe carful whersu stepn anto whuts abuv yu. Aint a trikta get trapt r krushd in da 'below. "


    "OIght then, der it goes!!!" exclaims Jonk, as a grin crosses his face. It's easy to see now how incredibly dilated his pupils have become. "Chew-a-cap dus 'da job fer us dat worx in da' darks." He reaches onto his belt, removes a leather pouch, and holds it out towards the companions. "Yurs ifyas wants elp seein', buoys."

    (Item acquired, CHEW-A-CAP powder, 3 doses: see normally in dim light, 1 hour.)




    down the tunnel tomorrow night, gents!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:54 am

    Ali already sees normally in dim light.  He will let the others have his chew a cap.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

    Tungo will eat a mushroom... We will still need a torch, no?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:09 pm

    Tungo can have them all for later use. Vozz has Darkvision
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

    Still need a torch.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:09 pm

    Tungo munches the mushroom and gulps it down. He chases it with some water from a canteen. His tummy feels queasy.

    "Tungo thinks Jonk alright! Tungo like his style. Jonk guide Tungo and friends in the Downbelow... Tungo has never been too deep, but Tungo not scared..." He sighs. "Tungo also a guide.. and Tungo miss the bluffs of Jeryndar.  Maybe someday Ali and Vozz accompany Tungo to see the mighty peaks!"

    The barbarian's axe had been resting on his shoulder. He swings it now, checking the weight. It's blade flashing in the torchlight. "It will be a long time until Tungo returns home. If Tungo's fate is to perish in these dark caverns amidst the crawling worms and rats, so be it! Tungo will take many foes along with him!"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 pm

    Jonk stares blankly at Tungo as he EATS AND SWALLOWS the mushroom powder that he'd clearly been CHEWING AND SPITTING the entire time they have been talking.

    "Okden, hehe...Yer likta b mity ill comin suun, Biguy. But I betcha'll be redyta see a shadow nda dark!"

    "Doun da' tunl a few hors walkn, ders a cavn wer da' ruf fellin." He spits and continues..."Da' boys nme spotd a loos spot an' dugit thru. Even da' bigun 'der shud fit. 'Yond that, ruff 'goin, and anywuns gess whuts ahed. Gud luckn mynd 'ya stay shrp!!!"




    The "dig through" is roughly 5 ft across at its widest points. It winds through the jumble of collapsed rocks and soil. At several points, the companions must crawl in order to progress. Here and there, the scavengers have braced the load with a log or odd piece of lumber. Tungo is forced to his hands and knees for the majority of the distance - his knee nearly knocking loose a brace at one tight spot!

    They emerge on the far side, in silence, dust, and darkness.

    -More coming tomorrow, holidays obligations are slowing me down gents-

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:13 am

    Guys, my laptop crashed hard again yesterday. I've decided to get a new one before this thing permanently nukes all my data. Since its going to take a few days to transfer all my stuff from the old drive to the new computer, and it is Christmas weekend, I'm going to call a pause until next week. We'll pick up Monday. My apologies.

    Hope you all have a great Christmas weekend!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:48 pm

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:50 pm

    Merry Christmas all!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:13 pm

    Same to you guys! cheers
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 pm

    Merry Christmas indeed!   santa  rendeer

    "Humbug..."

    Shut up Jacque Pierre.

    "Ah blow mAh nose at your Seeley Christmas!"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 pm

    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! Stupid busy but full of good family visits here. And I've finally got all my gaming stuff moved into my new laptop, so lets move on!




    The companions move deliberately through the tunnel. They move quietly, but to their ears, every little sound seems magnified, echoing through the confined space. Shadows from the torch light creep and dance along the walls, in stark contrast between the seen and unseen. The ground is dry and covered in crushed rock and sand.

    After a time, the tunnel begins to angle downwards. Moisture can be seen beaded on the walls. Patches of moss and fungus become more frequent, in a wide variety of colors. Soon the tunnel floor is wet, and the companion's feet "splash" as they walk in ankle deep water. The walls and floor now host many strange plants in vibrant hues, some growing the entire height of the tunnel's side wall.





    Ahead now at the edge of the torchlight, Ali can see that the tunnel is largely blocked by a trio of huge, purplish mushrooms...

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:52 pm

    Tungo will wait quietly holding the torch and his greataxe. He motions for Jonk and Ali to find a path through the mushroom grove.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:33 am

    I think Jonk headed home already.

    Ali approaches the nearest mushroom scimitar drawn, looking for any signs of wildlife or gnolls.  Do any of the fungi glow?  Is there a defined path through them?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

    Vozz will cautiously follow Ali towards the shroom trees.

    He tries to recall any mention of U.L.F.F.s from his days with the druids (Uncommonly Large Fluorescent Fungi). Particularly, if any ULFF components can be used for spells or if they issued any warnings about the collection of the spores.

    Arcana
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    8,+5
    Total:13

    Investigation to look for spore gills
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    5,+5
    Total:10

    Vozz uses a small sack like a doggie poop bag, turning it inside out and using the bag as a glove.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:34 pm

    Ali is a little grossed out by the notion of interacting with giant fungus... No
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:54 pm

    navyik wrote:I think Jonk headed home already.

    Ali approaches the nearest mushroom scimitar drawn, looking for any signs of wildlife or gnolls.  Do any of the fungi glow?  Is there a defined path through them?

    That is correct, Jonk led the party to the tunnel entrance and sent them on their way.

    Some of the fungus put off a minor luminescence, enough to see but not enough to use as a source of light.

    The way forward is completely blocked by the three large, purplish mushrooms that grown from floor to ceiling.




    As Ali approaches cautiously with sword drawn - Vozz pushes past him excitedly and moves directly to the Mushrooms, reaching forward to grab a sample from up inside the cap. He comes away with a solid handful of grape sized, lavender colored spores. He theorizes that he may be able to strengthen the power of illusions with them...IF they prove to be the correct species and he can tune into their arcane vibrations.

    Drawing closer has revealed that the mushroom stalks create an obstruction that is approximately 3-4 feet thick. It is difficult to see much of anything beyond them.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:28 am

    "Tungo chop chop?" He makes a slicing motion towards the mushrooms with his ax.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:02 am

    Aki will hold Tungo's torch.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:23 am

    Handing his torch to Ali, Tungo commences chopping down the obstructing fungi. He swings his axe with gusto.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 pm

    Tungo hacks away at the large mushroom, sending chunks of fungus flying through the air. He makes short work of the stalk on the farthest right, and soon it falls forward, showing the path ahead. The light reveals an area practically choked with damp, multi-colored fungus. It clings to the walls, ceiling, and floor.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:32 pm

    Vozz gently pushes Ali's arm back to guide the torch away from the mushrooms. "....just in case they are flamable. The last thing we want is a fire in a confined space like this. The smoke alone would do us in."

    Vozz is content to follow Tungo as he machetes (is that a verb) his way forward. If I am reading the Mario-land map correctly, it looks like we can go R, R, R, U, R, D, R before we hit another blockage.
    Is the red cloud-fungus a blockage or is that on the ceiling?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:02 pm

    Chris, check your Facebook messages already.


    Tungo will continue to work his way through the tunnel by chopping down large mushrooms. He takes care as not to step upon (or touch) any of the fungus patches on the floor (and walls).



    Happy NYE guys! drunken cheers tongue
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:22 pm

    Happy New Year, my friends!!!




    The red fungus (8B) hangs about 6 feet down from the ceiling, dangling a mass of tentacle-like growths.

    The purple mushrooms at 5.5B and 7.5A are large enough to block passage, just like the ones that were hacked through to gain access.

    Green fungus ar 4A/B is a lumpy, cottage cheese-like mass on the floor approximately 4 feet high.

    Yellow mold on the wall at 4A looks puffy, like cotton candy, and extends about 2 feet from the wall.

    Green fungus at 6.5B is a lumpy, cottage cheese-like mass about pouring out of a crack in the ceiling and covering the wall. It is about 2 ft thick.

    There is approximately 8 inches of standing water in the tunnel. It drips down from the ceiling, and down the walls. One might assume that the tunnel passes under the creek in this stretch...

    The companions navigate carefully through the first reaches of the fungus fields; they reach a point where they must make a decision to proceed =

    A) Crawl beneath the red fungus at 8B

    or
    B) Hack through the purple mushrooms at 7.5A

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:58 am

    "I'm thinking we are still doing what we are knowing is already working."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 pm

    Vozz eyes the dangling red tentacles with disgust and agrees with Ali.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:00 pm

    Waiting on Tungo to confirm or state his action at this juncture.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 pm

    Robyo wrote:Chris, check your Facebook messages already.


    Tungo will continue to work his way through the tunnel by chopping down large mushrooms. He takes care as not to step upon (or touch) any of the fungus patches on the floor (and walls).

    As stated, Tungo will continue to chop a path through the large (purplish) mushrooms. He avoids the other fungi too. Definitely not fucking with the yellow mold!


    And Chris, you are sooo failing your Perception check right now. Please respond on FB.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:18 pm

    MAS wrote:

    The companions navigate carefully through the first reaches of the fungus fields; they reach a point where they must make a decision to proceed =

    A) Crawl beneath the red fungus at 8B

    or
    B) Hack through the purple mushrooms at 7.5A


    Given the choice of crawling under the dangling red fungus, or hacking through another purple mushroom, Tungo winds up cleaves at the nearby 'shroom, which creates an unexpected response. A fountain of dark purple ichor splashes from the cut, and a high pitched whine emanates from the mushroom as it begins to writhe and shudder.

    INITIATIVE AND COMBAT STAT BLOCKS, GO!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 am

    Initiative: 7 + 2 = 9

    If Tungo was at all familiar with flora and fauna of the Deep Below, he would say, "My apologies Mr. Myconid. I didn't know you were a sentient being! Can I make up for my transgression by offering you some fresh and oh-so-sweet detritus?"

    But Tungo doesn't know dick about the world below the surface. Oh well. He prepares to slice and dice.




















    <------------ Stat block
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 am

    Vozz perception

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    6



    "You've been slimed!"



    @Rob, replied on FB.  I rarely use it for msgs sorry. And I am avoiding FB, just too depressing right now.













    <------------------ stat block
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:24 am

    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative. 10+3=13

    +3 party AC bonus included above.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:16 pm

    Several of the larger purple mushrooms (previously motionless and indistinguishable from an ordinary fungus) now spring to life! They sprout ropey tentacles and pull up roots that look as if they may provide some level of locomotion. Shuddering and keening in high pitched tones, they lurch towards the companions!



    Order of Action:

    Ali  = 13
    Tungo = 9
    Vozz  = 6
    'Shrooms = 2

    ALI is up
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:48 am

    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative. 10+3=13

    +3 party AC bonus included above.


    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr lets out a shriek of his own at the disgusting surprise before slashing at the nearest monster with his scimitar.


    17+5=22
    Dmg=1+3=4 (+6 snk att=10 if applicable)


    Then as a bonus action, he swings wild with the torch, almost dropping it.
    2+5=7
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 pm

    Is the mushroom that Tungo just hit still alive? If so, then he swings at it again (if not, he swings at the adjacent one).

    Attk: 15 + 5 = 20, if hits Dmg: 4 + 3 = 7.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm

    Ali lands a deflty placed blow against 'Shroom #1, cutting away a fair chunk. Tungo hacks away another large piece of 'Shroom #2...it teeters and shakes but remains mobile.

    Vozz is up.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 pm

    "Aahhck!" Vozz freaks out for a moment as the world gets really weird all around him. He bumps into Ali trying to back away and feels all to close to Tungo and the Fungi-things.

    Vozz needs some room to think, he casts Thunderwave to the east.

    A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed.

    In addition, unsecured Objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.


    study GM
    I can't really tell which square Vozz is occupying, especially next to 2 and 3. If Vozz is directly north of Tungo, then the 15ft cone should hit 2,3,4,5

    If Vozz is halfway between squares, then he would angle his spell such that he only hits 2,3 but not Tungo and probably not 4,5


    Damage
    Roll(2d8)+0:
    7,4,+0
    Total:11

    shrooms need a CON save
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  MAS on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 pm

    Vozz gathers his wits, quickly judges the appropriate range, and steps forward to unleash his attack. He claps his hands and magnifies the sound with an arcane formula, blasting it forward with thundering effect.

    KA-BOOOOOOM!

    The sound wave rips the 'Shroom directly in Tungo's path to shreds and tosses it down the tunnel, ripping the dangling red fungus off the ceiling and carrying it along. The 'Shroom nearest the wall manages to withstand the blast's shockwave but loses chunks of it's vegetable flesh to flying debris. The two furthest 'Shrooms are picked up and thrown down the hallway, taking serious damage and ending in a pile with the red dangling fungus heaped at their "feet".

    The 'Shroom closest to Ali sprouts 3 purple tentacles and lashes out wildly. When one of them manages to touch exposed skin - there is a shot of searing pain followed by intense "pins and needles" spreading out from the wound.

    Ali takes 4 points of DMG (Necrotic).

    Vozz comes under similar assault from the 'Shroom nearest him when 2 tentacles lash towards him. Luckily, both miss.

    As the 'Shrooms flail wildly at the companions, an increasingly loud slurping, gurgling sound is heard. Each companion notices in the periphery of their senses, a pale yellow slime oozing from a crack in the ceiling and spreading out rapidly into a wide patch nearly 10 ft wide. It appears to be not so much..."leaking" as ..."moving".  

    For reference, the tunnel is 10X10.

    Ali is up.
    Tungo.
    Ooze
    Vozz
    Shrooms

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  navyik on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:15 am

    Ali Abbas Uz Amirr
    HP 18/18
    Ac 19 (21 W/shield)
    Passive percep 15
    (Skulker can see normally in dim light)

    Initiative. 10+3=13

    +3 party AC bonus included above.

    Ali recovers from the sting and slashes again with his scimitar.  If it doesn't fall he will thrust the torch at it.

    Scimitar 14+5=19
    Dmg 2+3=4 (+3 snk=7)
    Torch 13+5=18
    Dmg 2+3=5
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:05 am

    Thunderwave is a nice trick!

    I am digging the visuals of Ali fighting two handed using scimitar and torch. Kinda surprised "torches as weapons" isn't discussed more in the rules.. They do both Bludgeoning and Fire damage. How about a Feat that allows for specialization in tactical torches!



    Okay, Tungo commences to slice the mushroom next to Vozz (A-8 ). If he needs to move a square over to the right to land a hit, then he does so. He is wary to keep his body away from the ceiling and the yellow slime spreading there.

    Attk: Greataxe, 20 + 5 = 25,Critical!

    Dmg:( 2x12+Str) 9 + 9 + 3 = 21 points of damage!

    If the mushroom monster is dead, then Tungo moves up to A-10, and careful of the yellow slime. If the purple mushroom (3) is still alive he stays put.


    EDIT: The new Unearthed Article has a new Artificer class. Gunsmith subclass is cool. Having a clockwork hawk at 6th level is cool.
    http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/1_UA_Artificer_20170109.pdf
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:26 pm

    Robyo wrote:Thunderwave is a nice trick!

    Thanks!

    The confined space seemed a perfect environment for that spell. I was hoping that pushing the Mycos into the other slime might have some effect. We'll see...

    And I just love Thunderwave or its PF equivalent - it's like the Jedi Force Push, now with extra noise!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Deeper in the Shadows

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 am