Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    A fear of needles

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:54 pm

    The rush of racing at high speeds into some kind of inter-dimensional portal makes the party nauseous.  Each of you feel weightless as you spin in a rainbow wormhole



    There is a sense of lost time or perhaps just timeless-ness.  You are not sure how long you drift, but it is for enough time that you lose the sensation of movement entirely.  Your minds drift to the day's earlier events, to your homeworlds, to your pasts.....  then you open your eyes.  Did you fall asleep?  None of you are sure.

    Each of you are resting comfortably in a bed like these



    You find yourself in a large circular room.  There are many other beds all around the room of different sizes to accommodate different sized beings.  Some of the other beds are occupied while others are empty.  You are each in a bed that fits you.  Skree is also in a bed shaped like a papa-san.  There is quiet music playing... a flute?  And the sound of water falling gently.  You feel relaxed and "fully rested".  

    Each of you notice that are wearing a thin white cotton gown.  You have no other equipment.  You appear in your normal form, any blending you did earlier has evaporated.  There is a cut-out on the gown revealing your left shoulder and collar bone.  Just below the collar bone you each see some sort of device has been implanted in your chest like these



    study don't erase anything off your character sheets (or freak out).  you will have a chance to recover your toys, but I would encourage you, without weapons, to consider other solutions scratch
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:55 pm

    Argul ensures that he is positioned where he can encompass everyone in the room in a 20ft radius, and casts "Calm emotions" -

    School enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting]; Level bard 2, cleric 2
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S, DF
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area creatures in a 20-ft.-radius spread
    Duration concentration, up to 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
    This spell calms agitated creatures. You have no control over the affected creatures, but calm emotions can stop raging creatures from fighting or joyous ones from reveling. Creatures so affected cannot take violent actions (although they can defend themselves) or do anything destructive. Any aggressive action against or damage dealt to a calmed creature immediately breaks the spell on all calmed creatures.

    This spell automatically suppresses (but does not dispel) any morale bonuses granted by spells such as bless, good hope, and rage, and also negates a bard's ability to inspire courage or a barbarian's rage ability. It also suppresses any fear effects and removes the confused condition from all targets. While the spell lasts, a suppressed spell, condition, or effect has no effect. When the calm emotions spell ends, the original spell or effect takes hold of the creature again, provided that its duration has not expired in the meantime.

    Saving throw DC =

    10+4 (CH mod) + 2 (Spell level)  = 16 OR can be Voluntarily failed




    "An odd turn of events, but it appears we are safe!" Says the small, friendly looking man as appears to fiddle with his hands nervously. "My Name is Argul; I am a Librarian. It is a pleasure to meet you all, despite such bizarre circumstances. Who might you be?" he says looking around the room...


    Last edited by MAS on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2792
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm

    "I am called Zangulor. This has been a weird morning. It seems we are all prisoners here."

    He studies the implant in his chest.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 pm

    Robyo wrote:"I am called Zangulor. This has been a weird morning. It seems we are all prisoners here."

    He studies the implant in his chest.

    Saving throw, or voluntary fail?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2792
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 pm

    fail
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 am

    Korvaq - Knowledge Tech (Science) -

    Roll(1d20)+13:
    14,+13
    Total:27

    Any idea what this is or how to get it off?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 am

    Knowledge Engineering as well:

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 am

    study I'll update based on your initial posts, but give Alan a chance to post before moving too far study



    An older human in a bed across from Argul lifts himself up on an elbow and speaks with a proper British accent, "Ah, Mr. Argul, a pleasure to make your acquaintance.  Jim Corbett here.  A Librarian, eh, jolly good for you.  I was a Colonel myself.  Nice to have some conversation, dreadfully quiet in here most days, no offense old chap" his last comment is directed at a man in the bed next to him who grunts in reply.




    Zang notices no form of restraints at all, though some of the others seem to be attached to instruments in their wall unit.  This man has tubes connecting his head to a monitor and a pump.



    Korvaq studies the implant in his chest.  It is from a comparable tech level as his home world (Star Trek tech).  It appears to be a combination monitor and port or IV for administering drugs.  The general room appears to have a similar tech level and looks like a medbay.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 pm

    Stunned from portal travel, but soothed by Arguls casual tone, Brick Rockman comes to without a start this time.

    Though a seasoned competitor, he has never before been involved​ in life or death combat.  He assumes he is in the hospital.  Putting on his best concerned tone,  "is everyone okay?  Have the authorities responded to the incident?". Clearly he will need things spelled out for him.  The ratings come to mind along with publicity, " are those kids okay?  We should watch the news as it will give a fair and accurate report of everything that happened."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:12 pm

    "Well met, Colonel Corbet. How did you come to be here, and how long ago?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:23 pm

    Col. Jim replies, "By *motor-carriage*, the same as the rest, I expect.  I contracted a spot of Lycanthropy in Damascus, I believe, but it might have been Berlin.  Nasty business, there on both fronts.  But I say, it was not nearly as bad as my poor mate Mr. Vickers (he shakes his head)....  mummy rot."  He looks at the man with no-chin to his left, "And you think you have are bad off?"

    To Argul, "Chondrosarcoma, perhaps?"

    study feel free to interact with the other patients, explore the room or do whatever.  Certain actions will trigger the scene to advance or let me know if you reach the end of your objectives and I can advance the scene manually


    **which seems odd, given the high-tech nature of the med bay**
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

    the only thing that Korvaq cares about is getting this thing off of him
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 pm

    whit10 wrote:the only thing that Korvaq cares about is getting this thing off of him

    Korvaq glares at the implant! cyclops

    lol!

    any other actions?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2792
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

    Zang Takes 20 on xenobiology check. He wants to know what he's dealing with. There's some twisted menagerie here. He gives himself plenty of time to conduct his study, calmly sitting at the end of his bed and watching the others. If anyone gets too close, Skree growls.

    Zang will calmly answer any questions by the others.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 pm

    "Hmm, that is disconcerting. But I'm certain that this is temporary. We'll figure a way around this in no time!"




    Racial SLA - Envoy Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race with an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user's character level.  for

    Argul casts Detect Magic a thorough (3 round) examination of our surroundings, including the implants.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 am

    If Brick Rockman is in any way "attached" to a device it will be brutally but unwittingly detached via bull in a china shop. (That is if there are hoses or wires). "Is the doctor available yet?  When can I wrestle again?  It's my livelihood... I mean, the kids need me!". He leans up against the control panel, perhaps pushing buttons.


    Last edited by navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hoses or wires)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 am

    Robyo wrote:Zang Takes 20 on xenobiology check. He wants to know what he's dealing with. There's some twisted menagerie here. He gives himself plenty of time to conduct his study, calmly sitting at the end of his bed and watching the others. If anyone gets too close, Skree growls.

    Zang will calmly answer any questions by the others.

    None of the other patients get up or move around, so Skree feels safe.

    Zang notices several different species, though except for the human-types, he isn't familiar with them directly.  Jim Corbett and the guy without a chin appear human.  Argul appears to be a meta-human.   Korvaq appears to be a near-human race with definite changes to his skeletal structure.  Brick appears to be a near-human, though obviously larger which leads Zang to suspect he comes from a higher grav world, which would account for his strength as well.  

    Zang also sees what appears to be a human female.  Her bed has the sides raised up and she is covered in some kind of slugs.  Zang suspects they secrete some curative slime.



    He sees another bed, with an energy field containing a liquid, much like a large fish tank.  Inside it, Zang sees this little guy swimming around.  He is not attached to anything, but there is a drip dispensing some drug into the fluid directly.  Zang suspects it is silicon-based Asteriidae.



    In general, the med bay seems well equipped to handle many different species and is from a tech level comparable to Zang's original homeworld.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am

    Fine, Korvaq pulls the damned thing off
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:10 am

    MAS wrote:"Hmm, that is disconcerting. But I'm certain that this is temporary. We'll figure a way around this in no time!"




    Racial SLA - Envoy Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race with an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user's character level.  for

    Argul casts Detect Magic a thorough (3 round) examination of our surroundings, including the implants.

    Implants - radiate a minor divination aura

    The beds themselves also radiate a minor divination aura. The ones with the silicon starfish and slugs also radiate minor conjuration, probably the containment fields.

    The panels on the walls radiate moderate divination, minor conjuration (dispensary units)

    The room itself - minor enchantment from the music and waterfall effects
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:16 am

    navyik wrote:If Brick Rockman is in any way "attached" to a device it will be brutally but unwittingly detached via bull in a china shop. (That is if there are hoses or wires). "Is the doctor available yet?  When can I wrestle again?  It's my livelihood... I mean, the kids need me!". He leans up against the control panel, perhaps pushing buttons.

    There are no wires or hoses connecting Brick's implant to any machine (yet).  Does Brick want to rip out his implant?  Depending on this, then we can deal with pushing buttons.

    whit10 wrote:Fine, Korvaq pulls the damned thing off

    Korvaq gives the implant an initial tug.  A sharp pain, like a bolt of lightning, hits his heart.  The implant does give a little when he tugs.  Korvaq figures he can rip it out (as does Brick) but it feels like it might be connected directly into his heart.  

    Does Korvaq still want to rip it out?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm

    Disable Device?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:55 pm

    whit10 wrote:Disable Device?

    cheers now someone has their thinking cap on their head!

    remember, however that you have no equipment or tools

    also remember

    Chris wrote:
    KARMA - gold equivalent

    Ion - spent KARMA to pull a greatsword and a healing kit from the trunk of a car (need more knowledge on Karma)


    Crying or Very sad nobody even recognized my paladin from Alan's game

    Chris wrote:

    study each party member receives 4250 KARMA (gold with a new mechanic to be explained later)

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:39 pm

    ok then... Karma?

    Disable Device with just his hands?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

    "hmmm, Steve must have had this cyberware implanted to administer medicine to facilitate my speedy return to The Ring.  Doctor!  Nurse?!  Steeeeeeeeeve!". Brick is now ready to bump into things whenever the DM is...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:08 pm

    whit10 wrote:ok then... Karma?

    study it occurred to me that this all makes more sense to me and maybe I haven't given good enough clues, which is my fault as a GM.  Let me lift the veil for a moment and explain what Ion did, in terms of game mechanics and see if that helps you.

    In a multi-dimensional game, currency is a real problem.  How do you spend money from world to world?  So I came up with the idea of KARMA - a currency that could be spent in any world by PC\NPCs as a means of getting items they might need or want.  *This scene was partially designed to teach you how to use KARMA, thus you lost your gear temporarily*

    Think of finding just the item you need, right when you need it.  It's like the universe's way of paying you back for good deeds that you have done.  That's KARMA!

    KARMA = gold pieces that can be spent in any world

    From previous adventures, Ion had KARMA.  A fight started, but he didn't have a weapon with him.  Ion needed a weapon that would BLEND into the world and not create further Paradox.  What weapons might be laying around on a bridge with cars?  Ion knows that most cars carry tire irons in their trunk.  He wanted a sword.  Ion spent 15 karma (15gp) to "find" a sword in the trunk of the car.  That car, by coincidence (remember how MAGE worked?) just happened to have a sword in the trunk.  He used BLENDING to make it look like a tire iron.  To anyone observing (except the party), it just looked like he pulled a tire iron out of the trunk of a car - nothing unusual there!

    Later in the scene, he noticed that people were injured and he wanted to heal them.  However, channeling divine grace and Laying on Hands would have created a Paradox in that world.  Ion also figured that most cars carry little road-side first aid kits.  He spent 50 karma (50gp) to pull a Healing Kit, BLENDED as a first aid kit out of the trunk.  He now had a prop, so to speak, to use his Lay on Hands ability without creating a Paradox.

    This is how Karma works for any non-magical items.  You just spend the gold equivalent to "find" the item you need and then make your BLENDING roll, if needed, to make it fit into your current world.

    So.... if Korvaq wants a Thieves Tools or a MW Thieves Tools, he needs to spend 30 karma or 100 karma (gold eq) and then explain to the GM where in a med bay he might find them...  what do they look like...  does he BLEND them to look like something else....
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:19 pm

    navyik wrote:"hmmm, Steve must have had this cyberware implanted to administer medicine to facilitate my speedy return to The Ring.  Doctor!  Nurse?!  Steeeeeeeeeve!". Brick is now ready to bump into things whenever the DM is...

    Like a kid playing a new video game, Brick finds all sorts of buttons, knobs and switches....

    lights go on and off over his bed
    the bed begins to vibrate
    he is sprayed in the face with something that smells like hand-sanitizer
    he hears a SWOOSH and the sound of flushing water coming from under his bed
    the back of the bed moves up, the feet move up, both move down, they alternate positions
    a holo image of a nature program, featuring 2 mating Banthas starts playing

    Brick notices one button just blinks, no matter how many times he pushes it.  He is pretty sure he just ordered a beverage

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:26 pm

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:ok then... Karma?

    study it occurred to me that this all makes more sense to me and maybe I haven't given good enough clues, which is my fault as a GM.  Let me lift the veil for a moment and explain what Ion did, in terms of game mechanics and see if that helps you.

    In a multi-dimensional game, currency is a real problem.  How do you spend money from world to world?  So I came up with the idea of KARMA - a currency that could be spent in any world by PC\NPCs as a means of getting items they might need or want.  *This scene was partially designed to teach you how to use KARMA, thus you lost your gear temporarily*

    Think of finding just the item you need, right when you need it.  It's like the universe's way of paying you back for good deeds that you have done.  That's KARMA!

    KARMA = gold pieces that can be spent in any world

    From previous adventures, Ion had KARMA.  A fight started, but he didn't have a weapon with him.  Ion needed a weapon that would BLEND into the world and not create further Paradox.  What weapons might be laying around on a bridge with cars?  Ion knows that most cars carry tire irons in their trunk.  He wanted a sword.  Ion spent 15 karma (15gp) to "find" a sword in the trunk of the car.  That car, by coincidence (remember how MAGE worked?) just happened to have a sword in the trunk.  He used BLENDING to make it look like a tire iron.  To anyone observing (except the party), it just looked like he pulled a tire iron out of the trunk of a car - nothing unusual there!

    Later in the scene, he noticed that people were injured and he wanted to heal them.  However, channeling divine grace and Laying on Hands would have created a Paradox in that world.  Ion also figured that most cars carry little road-side first aid kits.  He spent 50 karma (50gp) to pull a Healing Kit, BLENDED as a first aid kit out of the trunk.  He now had a prop, so to speak, to use his Lay on Hands ability without creating a Paradox.

    This is how Karma works for any non-magical items.  You just spend the gold equivalent to "find" the item you need and then make your BLENDING roll, if needed, to make it fit into your current world.

    So.... if Korvaq wants a Thieves Tools or a MW Thieves Tools, he needs to spend 30 karma or 100 karma (gold eq) and then explain to the GM where in a med bay he might find them...  what do they look like...  does he BLEND them to look like something else....

    Good run down on the mechanic. I saw the examples taking place, but "connecting the dots" directly into the rule set was definitely useful.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Good run down on the mechanic. I saw the examples taking place, but "connecting the dots" directly into the rule set was definitely useful.

    drunken it's all so clear to me lol!

    I am hopeful that this scene remains more or less peaceful (depending on reactions) and is a good time to explore some of these ideas\mechanics and for the party to get to know each other a bit.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 pm

    Brick will continue to push the button.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:28 pm

    navyik wrote:Brick will continue to push the button.

    yup, stand by for resolution.

    I am giving the others a chance to take\complete their actions
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 pm

    He pushes it every 10 seconds, each time expecting a different result...   bounce

    (Don't mistake Brick's impatience for mine).   Cool
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2792
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm

    There's a lot to chew on in this scenario, I suggest we take our time here. I like the karma aspect.

    "Someone has gone to the trouble to gather us here. A diverse crowd it seems. Then our Keepers went to the troubling of implanting us with this hardware. What purpose? They are probably watching us now."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 pm

    Robyo wrote:There's a lot to chew on in this scenario, I suggest we take our time here. I like the karma aspect.

    "Someone has gone to the trouble to gather us here. A diverse crowd it seems. Then our Keepers went to the troubling of implanting us with this hardware. What purpose? They are probably watching us now."


    The construct's words reach Brick Rockman's ego.  Brick begins to look around for the camera, abandoning the call button.  He has a knack for finding the camera.  Can Cha replace Wis for perception here?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:03 pm

    30 karma for what look like two pins that Korvaq plucks from his hair clasp

    Korvaq smiles in the way that only a Klingon can (happy, yet still kinda scary)

    Dis. Device:

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:33 am

    navyik wrote:
    Robyo wrote:There's a lot to chew on in this scenario, I suggest we take our time here. I like the karma aspect.

    "Someone has gone to the trouble to gather us here. A diverse crowd it seems. Then our Keepers went to the troubling of implanting us with this hardware. What purpose? They are probably watching us now."


    The construct's words reach Brick Rockman's ego.  Brick begins to look around for the camera, abandoning the call button.  He has a knack for finding the camera.  Can Cha replace Wis for perception here?

    lol! sure, it's silly, but it works for me.  Brick would have a knack for that

    no roll really needed, taking 10 would cover it

    Brick sees one of these in the center of the room and figures there are multiple cameras inside



    Last edited by Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:42 am

    whit10 wrote:30 karma for what look like two pins that Korvaq plucks from his hair clasp

    Korvaq smiles in the way that only a Klingon can (happy, yet still kinda scary)

    Dis. Device:

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    17,+14
    Total:31

    like this?



    cheers great use of KARMA!  

    Korvaq, having already studied the device with his previous rolls, uses the hairpins to open the port implant.  He finds nothing particularly sinister in its design.  It does actually appear to be a medical device.  It sends a mild shock if anyone tries to rip it out, like a dog collar, just as a deterrent.  It functions as an IV port directly into the primary artery, so the heart would pump the drugs to the rest of the body most effectively.  

    Korvaq disables the electro-shock.  Next he disables the monitor, which was sending a wireless signal back to the computers on the wall.  Finally, he finds a one-way check valve, or backflow valve, and closes it, so that his heart doesn't pump his blood out of the hole when he removes the implant itself.  The implant comes off with a slight pinch as the electrodes pull out.  Korvaq is left with a hole only slightly larger than a standard needle.  A band aid would prevent any infection, which he finds plenty of nearby.

    As this was a multi-step process, it took Korvaq several minutes to complete his delicate work.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 am

    Brick's actions of mashing the call button has advanced the scene!

    A door slides open sideways with a woooosh

    A multi-articulated droid rolls into the room and heads for Brick



    It speaks in a calm female voice, "Please return to your bed, patient... B-Ri-ck  Ro-ck-man.  It is time for your infusion.  You want to get well, don't you?"

    One arm produces a large needle and aims for the implant port on Brick's chest





    The other patients all settle down and lie back, as if expecting treatment as well.

    Passive Perception checks - the party can hear what sounds like more droids coming down an unseen hallway
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:24 am

    Korvaq - perception

    Roll(1d20)+13:
    11,+13
    Total:24

    Korvaq will look for his equipment and continue to examine this room trying to determine just where he might be and if he can deactivate these systems. (though he won't do anything for the time being)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 am

    whit10 wrote:Korvaq - perception

    Roll(1d20)+13:
    11,+13
    Total:24

    Korvaq will look for his equipment and continue to examine this room trying to determine just where he might be and if he can deactivate these systems. (though he won't do anything for the time being)

    no equipment in here, just medical stuff
    there are no exterior windows, so all he can tell is that it is some kind of med bay
    which systems - the droids? the wall monitors\controls? the beds?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:43 am

    "that Bat-leth has been in my family for generations!! Thieves!"

    is there any kind of door?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:15 pm

    whit10 wrote:"that Bat-leth has been in my family for generations!!  Thieves!"

    is there any kind of door?

    yup

    Chris wrote:

    A door slides open sideways with a woooosh

    A multi-articulated droid rolls into the room and heads for Brick



    Passive Perception checks - the party can hear what sounds like more droids coming down an unseen hallway
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3709
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 pm

    ah ha... if he can still hear the machines, he'll wait for the door to open and try to slip out.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:04 pm

    Argul pause his conversation with the Colonel to watch Brick push buttons and Korvaq perform self-surgery. When the machine enters the room, he asks -

    "Colonel Corbet, do you belive these machines friend or foe? Are we captive here?"

    Argul will "sense motive" on his reply.

    Sense Motive (Wis) +3 (class skill) +8 (ranks) +2 (WIS) = +13

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

    7 + 13 = 20




    Passive perception...check? Ruleset collision! lol!

    Are you asking for our passive perception scores? Or do you want us to roll a perception check?




    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm

    "Not so fast Ms. Nursebot!",  Brick proclaims in a tone of astute discernment.  Then in his best fine print voice, "Brick Rockman only receives medical treatment from Galactic Wrestling Association licensed providers specifically approved by his manager Steve."

    "Wait!  How do I know you don't have prohibited performance enhancing substances in that needle?". Then to the camera, "Say 'no' to drugs, kids," (3 points).

    "And what is this thing?  (To the camera), Brick Rockman DOES NOT use cyber ware!  (2 points).

    "Steve?  Steeeeeeeeeve!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Passive perception...check? Ruleset collision! lol!

    Are you asking for our passive perception scores? Or do you want us to roll a perception check?

    Chris wrote:
    study Passive Perception 23 (10+13) from 5e study

    Zang hears a thud, followed by the crunch of broken branches off to his left.  He hears heavy, labored breathing....

    Chris wrote:Korvaq opens the door, but there is nobody outside.

    Perception check (unless you want to use the 5e passive perception rules)

    study We are using lots of borrowed rules from 5e - drawing\stowing, move\attack\move rules, etc.  Passive Perception is an easy salad-bar selection - you can use it or not, up to you.   Rob is using it, Josh is not and I used it for Alan since taking 10 or using PP are really the same thing (and it was a very easy check).

    Include PP in your stat block if you want to use it or just roll Perception if you prefer
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm

    Perception =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

    19 + 13 = 32

    --
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 pm

    whit10 wrote:ah ha... if he can still hear the machines, he'll wait for the door to open and try to slip out.

    Korvaq sees Brick mugging for the smoke detector in the ceiling as if it was a camera.  The door slides open again  woooosh and another multi-articulated medical droid glides into the room.  Now's your chance!

    Is Korvaq going to dash out quickly, use stealth or something else?


    MAS wrote:Argul pause his conversation with the Colonel to watch Brick push buttons and Korvaq perform self-surgery. When the machine enters the room, he asks -

    "Colonel Corbet, do you belive these machines friend or foe? Are we captive here?"

    Argul will "sense motive" on his reply.

    Sense Motive (Wis) +3 (class skill) +8 (ranks) +2 (WIS) = +13

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

    7 + 13 = 20



    Jim yawns as he rests his head on his pillow (remember, all the rest were in the process of reclining too), "Sorry, old chap, my first treatment too.  You can check out any time you like, but you can...."  he appears to have nodded off.  His reply was truthful.

    navyik wrote:"Not so fast Ms. Nursebot!",  Brick proclaims in a tone of astute discernment.  Then in his best fine print voice, "Brick Rockman only receives medical treatment from Galactic Wrestling Association licensed providers specifically approved by his manager Steve."

    "Wait!  How do I know you don't have prohibited performance enhancing substances in that needle?". Then to the camera, "Say 'no' to drugs, kids," (3 points).

    "And what is this thing?  (To the camera), Brick Rockman DOES NOT use cyber ware!  (2 points).

    "Steve?  Steeeeeeeeeve!"




    The droid replies in a soothing, yet firm tone, "Please return to your bed, patient... B-Ri-ck  Ro-ck-man.  My name is neither "nursebot" nor "Steve".  My designation is FX-7.  Your treatment contains no amphetamines, caffeine, cocaine, Anabolic-androgenic steroids, Human growth hormone, or Erythropoietin.  Your IV port is a non-enhancing implant, it is not classified as "cyber ware" under the Rylos Accords of 4478.  Your treatment is simply:  Mechlorethamine, Cyclophosphamide, Chlorambucil, and Melphalan."  

    FX-7 is now next to Brick, with its needle arm going for his implant, "It is time for your infusion.  You want to get well, don't you?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2398
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 pm

    "FX-7, where is this Medicarium and what am I being treated for?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:22 pm

    "Ah," Brick declares at the open door. "Steve should be along any minute with your liability paperwork, insurance forms, and PR clause," he says, stepping into the doorway.  He likely takes up the whole thing.  "Ste-eve..." He calls musically.  "This is starting to get un-COM-fortable..."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4927
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

    navyik wrote:"Ah," Brick declares at the open door. "Steve should be along any minute with your liability paperwork, insurance forms, and PR clause," he says, stepping into the doorway.  He likely takes up the whole thing.  "Ste-eve..." He calls musically.  "This is starting to get un-COM-fortable..."

    study hang on a sec there, big boy.... Korvaq was at the door an action ago and there was another nursebot that just entered.  I need to let those resolve first.  And give Rob a chance to join in the shenanigans

    MAS wrote:"FX-7, where is this Medicarium and what am I being treated for?"

    FX-7 is focused on treating Brick.



    FX-4, who just entered the room, wheels over to reply, she has a slightly different modulation to her synthesizer, but it is a gentle female voice, "Patient.... Ar-gul-the-Re-ti-ce-nt.  This is Salyut Clinic in Almaz.  Your chart indicates a diagnosis of... Ch-on-dr-o-sar-co-ma."   FX-4 appears to indicate a tablet (like an ipad) hanging off the end of Argul's bed.  There are similar tablets on all the beds.  "Please lie back, it is time for your infusion.  You want to get well, don't you?"

    An articulate arm produces a large needle which aims for Argul's implant


    Sponsored content

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:57 pm