Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    A fear of needles

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:50 am

    sorry, my bad
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 am

    These bitches is toast! Call Lightning on the nurse-bot next to Argul. 3 + 6 + 6 = 15 electrical damage. Reflex save DC 17 for 1/2 damage.

    Call Lightning
    School evocation [electricity]; Level druid 3
    Casting Time 1 round
    Components V, S
    Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Effect one or more 30-ft.-long vertical lines of lightning
    Duration 1 min./level
    Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes
    Immediately upon completion of the spell, and once per round thereafter, you may call down a 5-foot-wide, 30-foot-long, vertical bolt of lightning that deals 3d6 points of electricity damage. The bolt of lightning flashes down in a vertical stroke at whatever target point you choose within the spell's range (measured from your position at the time). Any creature in the target square or in the path of the bolt is affected.
    You need not call a bolt of lightning immediately; other actions, even spellcasting, can be performed first. Each round after the first you may use a standard action (concentrating on the spell) to call a bolt. You may call a total number of bolts equal to your caster level (maximum 10 bolts).
    If you are outdoors and in a stormy area—a rain shower, clouds and wind, hot and cloudy conditions, or even a tornado (including a whirlwind formed by a djinni or an air elemental of at least Large size)—each bolt deals 3d10 points of electricity damage instead of 3d6.
    This spell functions indoors or underground but not underwater.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am

    whit10 wrote:sorry, my bad

    what are you sorry about?

    I just need to resolve you going through the door before Brick moves over, since you were doing that earlier while Brick was talking to FX-7

    Robyo wrote:These bitches is toast! Call Lightning on the nurse-bot next to Argul. 3 + 6 + 6 = 15 electrical damage. Reflex save DC 17 for 1/2 damage.

    lol!

    Zang connects to Praxia and is greeted with yet another incarnation - the Cosmic Mother.  She is healthy here, unlike the last polluted world, but also different.  She is connected to all planets, not just 1.



    Zang casts Diviniation and Conjuration at +2 levels here and +2 SAVES vs the same schools, all others at normal

    A bolt of lightning flashes down from the ceiling.  It looks like it might have come from faulty electrical wiring in some device.  FX-4 explodes!

    A fire-alarm sounds.  It is loud with an intermittent siren.  The fire suppression system also actives and the med bay room is sprayed with foam from the ceiling.

    Everyone needs to make a REFLEX save DC 18 (conjuration) or come under the combined effects of WEB and SLOW

    We are not entering true combat, as the FXs pose no real threat.  I am going to try and keep this scene narrative (if possible).

    Current positions in the room:  Argul in bed, next to destroyed FX-4.  Brick standing by his bed, about to head for the door, next to FX-7.  Korvaq slipping out the door.  Zang and Skree in their beds.  All the rest of the patients, including Jim, Chin, Frank, Slug-lady and Blue Starfish are still in their beds.

    Past action to resolve: Korvaq slipping out the door (same round as Zang blasts FX-4)

    Current actions: (declared) Brick moves to the door (subject to change)


    Last edited by Chris on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am

    Using Stealth:

    Roll(1d20)+12:
    14,+12
    Total:26

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:24 am

    Chris wrote:
    We are not entering true combat, as the FXs pose no real threat.  I am going to try and keep this scene narrative (if possible).

    Current positions in the room:  Argul in bed, next to destroyed FX-4.  Brick standing by his bed, about to head for the door, next to FX-7.   Zang and Skree in their beds.  All the rest of the patients, including Jim, Chin, Frank, Slug-lady and Blue Starfish are still in their beds.

    **Korvaq slipped out of the room, undetected by FX7**


    Current actions: (declared) Brick moves to the door (subject to change)

    Korvaq does not need to make the REFLEX save, as he is out of the room. Korvaq finds himself in a typical hospital hallway. There are more room on both sides. He sees several more FX units in the hallway moving around, a couple are heading for his room.

    pending saves for the rest and then actions
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:34 am

    "Hey, what kind of sub-prime operation are you running here anyway," Brick demands of FX-3 as the buildings faulty wiring arcs violently. 

     Brick Rockman will use martial flexibility for improved Overrun and bowl over FX-3 if it blocks his path to follow Qaj out the door.  (He doesn't intend to harm it, he is just a bull in a china shop).  "Wait up little buddy, if we find Steve, I'm sure this will all be straightened out."


    Reflex  9+8=17. 

    Overrun  12+17=29
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

    navyik wrote:"Hey, what kind of sub-prime operation are you running here anyway," Brick demands of FX-3 as the buildings faulty wiring arcs violently. 

     Brick Rockman will use martial flexibility for improved Overrun and bowl over FX-3 if it blocks his path to follow Qaj out the door.  (He doesn't intend to harm it, he is just a bull in a china shop).  "Wait up little buddy, if we find Steve, I'm sure this will all be straightened out."


    Reflex  9+8=17. 

    Overrun  12+17=29

    Brick fails his save so he is affected by both WEB and SLOW

    Anyone in the effect's area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell's DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

    An affected creature moves and attacks at a drastically slowed rate. Creatures affected by this spell are staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may it take full-round actions). Additionally, it takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. A slowed creature moves at half its normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.

    However, WEB can basically be bipassed with multiple CM checks, which Brick already declared in his Overrun of FX7.  Brick only gets 1 move action, but the CM checks can be part of that move.  So in the spirit of the rules and keeping the combat narrative in this scene....   Brick is covered by fire-suppressant, sticky foam.  However, he bulls his way slowly to the door.  Poor FX-7, who was just trying to do her job, gets knocked over for her efforts.

    Brick reaches the doorway.  Korvaq is just outside in the hallway.

    Zang and Argul are up (pending saves)
    Korvaq is up (no save needed)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 pm

    Shocked

    Oh, for fuck's sake. Argul voluntarily fails his saves against the safety foam, and complies with the medical bots.

    Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 pm

    MAS wrote:Shocked

    Oh, for fuck's sake. Argul voluntarily fails his saves against the safety foam, and complies with the medical bots.  

    Rolling Eyes

    Argul is covered in fire-suppressant foam. He feels pinned to his bed (just grappled, not truly pinned). Argul waits for an FX unit, unfortunately FX-4 is a smoking ruin and FX-7, who looks like it got run over by a rhino, is flailing on her side also stuck in the foam. There are no other FX units in the room or currently attempting to provide infusions.

    Argul still has his actions, if he decides to do anything

    Zang (pending saves) is up
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:00 pm

    Argul remains alert, but relaxed and calm while observing the others in the room. He does not feel anywhere near as threatened by the medical-bots as he does by the "companions" he was brought in with. If anyone makes an attack against another living being, he will move to stop them.




    Hold action = Cast "Mental Block", condition - Living being with a mind seeks to harm another living being.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:54 pm

    Zang Reflex: 1 + 6 = 7. Derp.

    Skree Reflex: 9 + 9 = 18

    Zang failed his save, but he continues to unleash a lightning bolt on FX-7 (on the next round). The way the spell works/written, I don't feel like a Concentration check is warranted. GM's purview.

    2 + 4 + 5 = 11 electricity damage.

    If Skree saved, he will run out the door with Brick and Korvaq.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

    Robyo wrote:Zang Reflex: 1 + 6 = 7. Derp.

    Skree Reflex: 9 + 9 = 18

    Zang failed his save, but he continues to unleash a lightning bolt on FX-7 (on the next round). The way the spell works/written, I don't feel like a Concentration check is warranted. GM's purview.

    2 + 4 + 5 = 11 electricity damage.

    If Skree saved, he will run out the door with Brick and Korvaq.

    I think it probably would require a Concentration check, just based on the wording, which is poorly written

    Robyo wrote:

    Call Lightning
    Each round after the first you may use a standard action (concentrating on the spell)

    However, in keeping this scene narrative and given that the FXs pose no threat, it doesn't really matter here.  Another arc of electricity shoots down from the ceiling and obliterates FX-7, who had just gotten trampled by Brick.

    Skree makes his save and struggles through the foam to the door.  However, Brick stated earlier that he was blocking the door, so Skree remains just inside, unless you want him to try and get past Brick (overrun, tumble, etc) on his next turn

    Current positions:  

    Argul - in bed, web\slow
    Korvaq - in the hallway
    Brick - in the doorway
    Skree - right behind Brick
    Zang - in bed, web\slow, CL

    everyone is up!  let's try to keep it narrative and to generally 1 turn's worth of actions each, just so everyone has a fair chance to act, GM questions, observations and dialogue don't have to follow as strictly
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 am

    Brick Rockman is really just looking for Steve, but will follow the Klingon blindly in the delay of resolution.  He still doesn't understand that this is an extraordinary adventure.  No one has explained that to him yet...

    "After all, the primative instincts of Animal Humans should be of use in tracking down Steve," he mutters, looking for another camera.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:16 pm

    Quick clarification on the state of the hallway. FX nurse bots are moving towards Brick and Korvaq, they have what look like emergency lights flashing. Brick and Korvaq can also see, from farther down the hallway, 3 small tank-looking droids also rushing towards the room with flashing lights



    Any other patients in the hallway are moving back into their rooms or are being escorted by FXs

    The siren is still blaring loudly and safety lights are flashing in the hallway
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:33 pm

    korvaq is looking for his gear and/or any kind of main control room.

    Perception:
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    11,+13
    Total:24
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:53 pm

    whit10 wrote:korvaq is looking for his gear and/or any kind of main control room.

    Perception:
    Roll(1d20)+13:
    11,+13
    Total:24

    no guns laying around, lol. Korvaq sees what looks like a nurse-bot interface station every 3-4 rooms. They probably contain locked drug dispensers and additional diagnostic equipment. He can see what looks like a food replicator. Another closed door has a mop\bucket symbol. There are shelves with extra pillows, blankets, etc. There looks like a main desk area further down the hallway.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:07 pm

    Normally the gear wouldn't matter, but it's a family Bat-leth Wink

    Keep searching for a computer or something he can access to gain control of the facility, or at least just learn more about what this is and who's running it.

    Stealth:

    Roll(1d20)+12:
    16,+12
    Total:28

    Perception:

    Roll(1d20)+13:
    13,+13
    Total:26

    ...and all of this is just what Korvaq keeps doing for now. Whenever his turn takes place
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:18 pm

    I am not sure what Korvaq is doing with the rolls, please clarify:

    is the stealth roll to physically hide somewhere in the hallway? if so, choose an area I described earlier
    or
    is the stealth roll to access a computer without leaving a digital trail on the computer?
    or
    access a computer without being physically seen?

    there are plenty of computers everywhere, the whole hospital appears to be staffed by droids. every nurse bot station has access points, the food replicator is a computer, the janitor closet probably has a cleaning bot in it, etc

    same questions for the Perception checks - is that to find a computer or a Perception check on a computer for information?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:22 pm

    Argul doesn't know exactly what is happening but remembers quite clearly that they were being brought to a safe house. He is quite certain that they are not under attack. He is baffled as to why the people he was brought in with are attacking and wrecking the machines here without making an attempt to actually figure out what is going on.

    "This is by FAR more curious than the situation on the bridge!" he muses out to himself.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:12 pm

    MAS wrote:Argul doesn't know exactly what is happening but remembers quite clearly that they were being brought to a safe house. He is quite certain that they are not under attack. He is baffled as to why the people he was brought in with are attacking and wrecking the machines here without making an attempt to actually figure out what is going on.

    "This is by FAR more curious than the situation on the bridge!" he muses out to himself.

    cheers give the man a cigar!   lol!

    MAS wrote:
    "Mr. Argul here, Sir. I'm in need of a Hospitalary, or at very least an Apothecarium. I must assume you've some idea what is afoot here, or are involved in having drawn us into it, and somewhat know your way around this place. Do you know somewhere safe where we can shelter and take aid?"

    Chris wrote:
    Daxx looks around wearily, "We better get moving quickly.  We'll have to Planeswalk to get to a safe house.  There's a tunnel up ahead, if we can make it."

    MAS wrote:
    "Right then, Cheers! A safety-house would be just the ticket. I fear my normal mode of transport would summon more monsters, and I am no mechdrive teamster. Someone else will have to drive."

    However, you now have a state of chaos - fire alarms screaming, safety foam deployed, EMT bots mobilized, etc.  So if there is something you want to do....  there is a big distraction right now

    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

    study again, lifting the veil an inch......

    as GM, I truly have no agenda for you here.  I was reacting to your stated DESIRE (find a safe house) and the ACTION you took (get in cars and travel to another plane).   This is a very open\sandbox story concept, so I am enjoying letting you help shape the story based on your character's reactions to scenes.

    I am fascinated to see what you decide to do next bounce
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:01 pm

    Skree will wait behind Brick. He thinks dark thoughts.




    Zang will go over to Argul. "Are you alright? There is some faulty wiring in this place."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 pm

    ok... my mistake.

    Just Perception to find a computer that he can access. Let me know if you need more rolls
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 am

    "Quite better, thank you, Mr. Zang. I am determined to find out just where we are and why we've been brought together. We seem to be traveling between worlds, for some unknown purpose. How did you come to be on the carriage where we met, and what events led you there?"

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:52 am

    whit10 wrote:ok... my mistake.

    Just Perception to find a computer that he can access.  Let me know if you need more rolls

    no further rolls needed, there are computer access points everywhere

    whit10 wrote:
    Keep searching for a computer or something he can access to gain control of the facility, or at least just learn more about what this is and who's running it.


    Korvaq gains access to the information levels of the system, but not administrator functions.  He can get patient\room assignments, floor plans, FX schedules, medical charts per patient\room, etc

    Salyut Clinic is currently in 'emergency response' mode because of the explosion in room 42.  FS (fire-suppression) droids are responding there now (the little tank ones).  FX droids are clearing the hallways and securing other patients or responding to room 42 for triage.  

    What else, specifically, is Korvaq looking for or trying to do?  He is being ignored at the moment because of the chaos.


    Last edited by Chris on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:55 am

    Robyo wrote:Skree will wait behind Brick. He thinks dark thoughts.




    Zang will go over to Argul. "Are you alright? There is some faulty wiring in this place."

    Since we are not in true combat, the WEB\SLOW doesn't matter as much, but just remember that room E42 is full of sticky foam that impedes movement.

    Brick, Zang, Argul all have  full action time, if there is anything you want to do

    Korvaq - used partial action to find\access a computer terminal

    study I am really only tracking narrative actions as a measure of fairness for the PCs


    Last edited by Chris on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:04 pm

    "Excuse me," Brick asks of anyone that passes.  "Have you seen a short bald man with a brief case?  Name of Steve?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:18 pm

    I suppose he would look for a storage area (looking for his stuff) and then a way out of here
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 pm

    navyik wrote:"Excuse me," Brick asks of anyone that passes.  "Have you seen a short bald man with a brief case?  Name of Steve?"

    FX11 stops and replies with a calmly female voice, "Patient.... B-ri-ck Ro-ck-man, please follow me to a safe area.  Are you injured?"  A green beam shoots from one of her articulated arms at Brick's head!  

    whit10 wrote:I suppose he would look for a storage area (looking for his stuff) and then a way out of here

    Korvaq finds several areas labelled "Storage" and also finds one labelled "Security".  Salyut Clinic is shaped roughly like a wagon wheel.  Korvaq is in one of the spokes (E) currently, outside room E42.  Each spoke has 2 Storage rooms, one near each end.  Security is in the central hub.  There appear to be exits around the outer wheel that align with each spoke.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:52 pm

    Zang hears Argul and nods in agreement. Sticky white fire-suppressant foam slides off his silver-brushed metal dome as he does so. "Until this morning, I had long been marooned on a primitive jungle planet. My own home world is quite technologically advanced. But when I encountered a dinosaur this morning, with gold dust on it's face, well, everything started going sideways."

    Zang punctuates his phrase with another lightning bolt, hitting the smoke alarm/camera array thingy in the ceiling. He uses a standard action. Concentration check: 7 + 12 = 19

    "How did you arrive here Mr. Argul?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:50 pm

    "I will attempt to shut down these infernal sirens and find our gear. Hold on..."

    Stealth down the hall toward security (just in case)... when it's his turn.

    Stealth:

    Roll(1d20)+12:
    8,+12
    Total:20
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 am

    Korvaq uses the chaos to sneak down the hallway of spoke E towards the central hub and Security.  

    Zang and Argul are talking, while Skree thinks dark thoughts about bunnies at the doorway.  Zang blasts the smoke detector\camera in room E42.

    Brick is with FX in the hallway (see above)


    study I think we are moving at a good narrative pace here, so Korvaq reaches the central hub



    over the door is mounted

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:59 am

    If Skree can finally squeeze thru the doorway, he too will go into the hallway.

    Zang will make his way towards the door too.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

    Stealth, to get around the camera.

    Roll(1d20)+12:
    15,+12
    Total:27
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 am

    whit10 wrote:Stealth, to get around the camera.

    Roll(1d20)+12:
    15,+12
    Total:27

    Stealth isn't invisibility. That is the door Korvaq needs to go through to get into the central hub. There is no way around it.

    study also remember KARMA, if Korvaq needs additional options
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:10 pm

    yeah, going to have to invoke Karma for this one
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:26 pm

    whit10 wrote:yeah, going to have to invoke Karma for this one

    I explained how Karma works and you used it correctly earlier in the scene. You need to be specific about what you want to do and how you try to do it.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:22 pm

    in a training today... will have to answer later
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2350
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 pm

    Argul will follow the general flow of the party as they wreck their way through wander around the station. "I was foolish, Mr. Zang, and enticed into a situation I felt in my gut was a trap. I too saw a golden dust during the incident. And stranger still, a child's nursery. Clearly we are all from very disparate materia "primae materia". Why us? And what agency drew us here?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 pm

    50 karma to turn invisible? (trick he picked up in Asgard)

    OR

    same amount to disable the camera from a different computer?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:44 am

    whit10 wrote:50 karma to turn invisible?  (trick he picked up in Asgard)
    OR
    same amount to disable the camera from a different computer?

    I think you forgot how Karma works scratch

    Chris wrote:
    KARMA = gold pieces that can be spent in any world

    This is how Karma works for any non-magical items. You just spend the gold equivalent to "find" the item you need and then make your BLENDING roll, if needed, to make it fit into your current world.

    So.... if Korvaq wants a Thieves Tools or a MW Thieves Tools, he needs to spend 30 karma or 100 karma (gold eq) and then explain to the GM where in a med bay he might find them... what do they look like... does he BLEND them to look like something else....

    You could try to buy a potion of invisibility, but Karma works a little different for magical items. You spend the karma (gold) and then have to make a d20 + level + prime roll to see if you can "find" it. The Karma is spent even if the roll fails, so there is a risk. There is no risk for non-magical items (even MW). The DC of the roll gets harder depending on the strength of the magical item.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:47 am

    MAS wrote:Argul will follow the general flow of the party as they wreck their way through wander around the station. "I was foolish, Mr. Zang, and enticed into a situation I felt in my gut was a trap. I too saw a golden dust during the incident. And stranger still, a child's nursery. Clearly we are all from very disparate materia "primae materia". Why us? And what agency drew us here?"

    Salyut Clinic is shaped like a wagon wheel. Sirens are blazing and EMT robots are scrambling to room E42. FX units are securing patients in their rooms. There is general chaos.

    Korvaq is down the hall trying to get into the security center in the hub.

    Brick, Argul and Skree are in the hallway of spoke E.  Zang is in room E42.


    study if the party feels 'lost' I can always advance the scene, but I am enjoying letting you explore\destroy on your own.  remember, you asked to be here Cool
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:46 pm

    I didn't ask to be here....

    anyway. Invisibility potion is fine- not sure on the cost though
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:46 pm

    whit10 wrote:I didn't ask to be here....

    anyway.  Invisibility potion is fine- not sure on the cost though

    the group boarded vehicles collectively to go to a "safe place" per Argul's dialogue with Daxx.... so yes, you did Razz


    Inviso potion - 300gp (karma) and make your rolld d20+ lvl + prime (I think we decided Dex for you)

    plus, describe where Korvaq finds it and what it looks like in this world
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 pm

    Robyo wrote:If Skree can finally squeeze thru the doorway, he too will go into the hallway.

    Zang will make his way towards the door too.

    Seeing as how I stated Zang's action previous to Argul, and Argul is in the hallway, then Zang would also be there.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:14 pm

    Brick suddenly realizes he may have a copy of his medical release in the convenient back pocket of his hospital gown.

    Karma: gown with pocket 1 sp, 10 sheets of paper 4 gp, 
    Trained hireling for a day 3 sp, ink 8gp, and a pen 1sp.

    12.5 karma to obtain contact.  Brick pulls it out of his pocket and proferrs it to the FX droid.  "Fill out this contract and then I shall submit to medical treatment."


    He has no idea he just used Karma.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 pm

    Korvaq pulls a very small cylinder that ends in metal out of his belt. He squeezes it slightly as he injects himself with its contents

    as stated by the GM - potion of invisibility, 300 karma

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    19,+11
    Total:30


    heh
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Robyo wrote:If Skree can finally squeeze thru the doorway, he too will go into the hallway.

    Zang will make his way towards the door too.

    Seeing as how I stated Zang's action previous to Argul, and Argul is in the hallway, then Zang would also be there.



    Zang is also in the hallway - it's a party!  flower jocolor farao afro
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:40 am

    navyik wrote:Brick suddenly realizes he may have a copy of his medical release in the convenient back pocket of his hospital gown.

    Karma: gown with pocket 1 sp, 10 sheets of paper 4 gp,
    Trained hireling for a day 3 sp, ink 8gp, and a pen 1sp.

    12.5 karma to obtain contact.  Brick pulls it out of his pocket and proferrs it to the FX droid.  "Fill out this contract and then I shall submit to medical treatment."


    He has no idea he just used Karma.

    cheers BRILLIANT!

    FX takes the contract with an articulated pincer arm and replies in a soothing female voice, "Patient....  B-ri-ck Ro-ck-man, please stand by.  I will take the form to Central Administration."  FX turns and wheels off down the hallway, leaving Brick with his new friends.

    whit10 wrote:Korvaq pulls a very small cylinder that ends in metal out of his belt.  He squeezes it slightly as he injects himself with its contents

    as stated by the GM - potion of invisibility, 300 karma

    Roll(1d20)+11:
    19,+11
    Total:30


    heh

    All good except....   Korvaq is not wearing a belt.  





    Korvaq pulls the cylinder out of his hospital gown pocket.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

    lol... Klingon butt!!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:22 am

    Korvaq pulls it out of his... Pocket... Alright...

    "Qaj, where'd ya go little buddy?  Qaj?  Steve?  Oh, look it's the little guy and the dinosaurs!  Good news... Um... Fellas.  The nursebot there is taking my medical contract to Central administration so I can receive treatment!"

    #better living through ineptitude...

    Sponsored content

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:45 am