Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

3 posters

Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue35/35Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue0/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of HermesThoth)

Post  Chris Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Tencom10

Domonok "Dok" Zadir

Paladin 5\Oracle 4 of Hermes\Thoth

Race: Ancient Egyptian (custom package)

Str  14\18   (+2 racial, +2 item)
    Dex  10\12 (+2 racial)
    Con  14\18 (+2 racial, +2 item)
    Int   12\10 (-2 racial)
    Wis  13
    Cha  16\26 (+6 racial, 4th, 8th, +2 item) +8

HP 137  (40+50+36 +11)
    AC  24
    CMD 21
    BAB +3 +5 = +8\+3
    Speed 30 (20 in armor)

Fort:  +1 +4 +4 + 8 = +17
    Refl:  +1 +1 +1 +8 = +11
    Will:  +4 +4 +1 +8 = +17

MW meteor hammer (+1, -1 buckler)   +12\+7  1d8 +4\+6 2h (reach, trip, +1 ac)

Skills:  (oracle 4) (pal 2) (1 int) + 4 oracle
    Diplomacy  8+8+3 = +19
    Heal 1+1+3 = +5
    Sense Motive  8+1+3 = +12
    Spellcraft 1+1+3 = +5
    Know: history  1+1+3 = +5
    Know: medicine    1+1+3 = +5
    Know: religion   1+1+3 = +5
    Handle Animal  1+1+3 = +5
    Perception  8+1+1+3 = +12

Feats:
    R Fey Foundling (+2 hp healed per die, self)
    1 Toughness
    3 Greater Mercy (+1d6 LoH if no Mercy used)
    5 Selective Channel (cha mod)
    7 Quick Channel (2 uses for move action)
    9 Lunge +5ft reach -2ac

Racial package:
    Adv (4) +4 cha, -2 int, +2 all physical
    medium
    speed 30
    Adv Cha +2 (4)
    SLA at will (4) False Life
    static feat (2) Fey Foundling
    Wpn training (1) meteor hammer

Class feature - +1/2 hp healed with LoH (4 1/2) PAL
    Oracale - +4 skill points

Oracle class features:

Clouded Vision: Your eyes are obscured, making it difficult for you to see. You cannot see anything beyond 30 feet, but you can see as if you had darkvision. At 5th level, this distance increases to 60 feet. At 10th level, you gain blindsense out to a range of 30 feet. At 15th level, you gain blindsight out to a range of 15 feet.
    Life

Class Skills: An oracle with the life mystery adds Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), and Survival to her list of class skills.

Bonus Spells: detect undead (2nd), lesser restoration (4th), neutralize poison (6th), restoration (8th), breath of life (10th), heal (12th), greater restoration (14th), mass heal (16th), true resurrection (18th).

Life Link (Su): As a standard action, you may create a bond between yourself and another creature. Each round at the start of your turn, if the bonded creature is wounded for 5 or more hit points below its maximum hit points, it heals 5 hit points and you take 5 hit points of damage. You may have one bond active per oracle level. This bond continues until the bonded creature dies, you die, the distance between you and the other creature exceeds medium range, or you end it as an immediate action (if you have multiple bonds active, you may end as many as you want as part of the same immediate action).

Channel (Su): You can channel positive energy like a cleric, using your oracle level as your effective cleric level when determining the amount of damage healed (or caused to undead) and the DC. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.

Spells Known
    0 - 6    (detect magic, light, read magic, purify food\drink, create water, detect poison)
    1st - 3   (Bless, Divine Favor, CLW, ILW, Sheild of Faith, detect undead)
    2nd - 1  (Shield other, CMW, IMW, lesser restoration)

Spells per day
    1st - 6 +2
    2nd - 3 +2

Paladin class features

Aura of Good (Ex):
    Detect Evil (Sp):
    Smite Evil (Su): 2\day
    Divine Grace (Su):
    Lay On Hands (Su):
    Aura of Courage (Su): immune to fear, +4 saves within 10ft
    Divine Health (Ex): immune to all diseases
    Mercy (Su): fatigued, shaken, sickened
    Divine Bond - holy symbol

Paladin Spells per day:
    1st - 1 +2  (Hero's defiance, Grace, Knight's Calling )

Hospitaler

Paladins are known for their charity and for tending to the sick. The hospitaler takes to this calling above all others, spending much of her time healing the poor, and giving aid and succor to those in need. The hospitaler has the following class features.

Smite Evil (Su): This functions as the paladin ability, but the hospitaler can smite evil one additional time per day at 7th level, and every six levels thereafter (instead of 4th level and every three levels thereafter).

Channel Positive Energy (Su): When a hospitaler reaches 4th level, she gains the ability to channel positive energy as a cleric equal to her paladin level –3. She can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. Using this ability does not expend uses of lay on hands, as it does with other paladins. This replaces the standard paladin's channel positive energy ability.

Background traits
    Sacred Conduit: Your birth was particularly painful and difficult for your mother, who needed potent divine magic to ensure that you survived (your mother may or may not have survived). In any event, that magic infused you from an early age, and you now channel divine energy with greater ease than most. Whenever you channel energy, you gain a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of your channeled energy.
    Eyes and Ears of the City: perception skill +1

Hospitaler Channel = 3d6  11\day   (3d6 + 6 self)
    Oracle Channel = 4d6  9\day  (4d6 + 8 self)
    LoH =  5d6+2 +mercy 13\day  (5d6 + 12 self)   6d6+2 (no mercy) (6d6+14 self)

Magic items:  46,000\45,160
    Phylactery of Positive Channeling +2d6 channel   11,000
    Bracers of Merciful Knight +4 Pal level for LoH, 1\day lesser restoration  15,600
    Headband of Charisma +2 4000
    MW meteor hammer 310
    Belt of Mighty Str\Con +2 10,000
    *Full Plate +1 2500
    *Brooch of Folding 1000
    shield\buckler +1 1000
    CLW wand (50)   750

Last edited by Chris on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm; edited 16 times in total
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue19/19Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue1/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty Re: Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm

tres interessant!!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue35/35Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue0/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty Re: Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Post  Chris Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:32 pm

whit10 wrote:tres interessant!!

I got looking at this combo and it seems to fit the bill. He is truly a selfless healer. His main healing is from Life Link\Shield other to mitigate damage to the party. Then aoe healing with channeling from both classes and self-healing from LoH.

He should be fairly tanky himself, since he can wear heavy armor and has a high con.

I may still fiddle the stat points and such
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue19/19Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Left_bar_bleue1/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:20 am

you should carry a "holy shot gun" lol.

I think you could enchant it normally... damned good weapon vs. undead too

love the pic BTW... only person in that damned movie that actually looked halfway Egyptian. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:36 am

In ancient times, the Palacles of Hermes were the sacred protectors of the Pharaohs.  We would perform all manner of services for our god-king or goddess-queens and their families:  purify food\drink, healing, guidance, blessings, etc

Our most important duty was to protect the god-king in war.  With a group of Palacles near him, the Pharaoh was immortal and unkillable on the field of battle.  We would all use Life Links and Shield other on the Pharaoh and continually spam channeled heals, which restored ourselves and the Pharaoh.  

The Order of Hermes has continued to train Palacles down through the ages.  Though we no longer have a Pharaoh to protect, we now serve the greater interests of mankind in general.  Our sacred duty remains to provide healing in combat.  If a Palacle fails to save a comrade in battle, he is disgraced and expelled from the Order.  

Oath of the Order of Hermes

I, Domonok, hereby swear my everlasting loyalty to the Order of Hermes, and its members.

I will not deprive, nor attempt to deprive any member of the Order of his magical power. I will not slay nor attempt to slay any member of the Order, except in duly executed and formally declared Wizards' War. I hereby understand that Wizards' War is an open conflict between two magi who may slay each other without breaking this oath, and that should I be slain in a Wizards' War, no retribution shall fall on he who slays me.

I will abide by the decisions made by fair vote at a tribunal. I will have one vote at tribunal, and I will use it prudently. I will respect as equal the votes of all others at tribunal.

I will not endanger the Order through my actions. Nor will I interfere with the affaires of mundanes andf thereby bring ruin on my sodales. I will not deal with devils, lest I imperil my soul, and the souls of my sodalis as well. I will not molest the faeries, lest their vengence catch my sodalis also.

I will not use magic to scry upon members of the Order of Hermes, nor shall I use it to peer into their affairs.

I will train apprentices who will swear to this code, and should any of them turn against the Order and my sodales, I shall be the first to strike them down and bring them to justice. No apprentice of mine shall be called a magus until he first swears to uphold this code.

I shall further the knowledge of the order and share with its members all that I find in my search for wisdom and power.

The enemies of the Order are my enemies. The friends of the Order are my friends. The allies of the Order are my allies. Let us work together as one and grow hale and strong.

I shall preserve the life of my allies in battle.

I request that should I break this oath, I be cast out of the Order. If I am cast out of the Order, I ask my sodales to find me and slay me, that my life not continue in degradation and infamy.

This oath I hereby swear on the third day of Pisces, in the nine hundred and fiftieth year of Aries. Woe to they who try to tempt me to break this oath, and woe to me if I succumb to the temptation.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:50 pm

cheers

I had some ideas about the pharoah myth in my character's background. This should be interesting!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:24 pm

this style of heavy armor

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Starga11

but with this coloring

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Egypti10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:35 pm

are you finished and ready to proceed?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:59 pm

whit10 wrote:are you finished and ready to proceed?

yup!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:24 pm

meteor hammer

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Meteor11
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:59 pm

"Dok" dresses as a typical doctor in the 1930s.  He wears a normal suit, with his magical brooch on his lapel.  His medical bag has the usual tools of the trade - stethoscope, thermometer, tongue depressors, wand of CLW and a large spiked ball with 6ft chain at the bottom.

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Doctor10

Dok was raised by other Ancients in the tradition of the Palacles of Hermes.  He felt the calling to help during the Great War.  Dok was attached to the Egyptian Expeditionary Force who fought in three continents alongside the Allies in WWI.

In November 1915, armed conflict arose in North Africa when the Grand Senussi in Lybia sided with the Ottoman Empire against the British and the Italians. The Ottomans persuaded him to attack Egypt—which was then occupied by the British—and proclaim Jihad in the west as the Ottomans conducted an offensive against the Suez Canal on the east. Even though Senussi achieved a number of victories at first, he was pushed back and defeated in March 1916 by the Western Frontier Force of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force.

In Sudan hostilities erupted between the Anglo-Egyptians and the Sultan of Darfur who was believed to have prepared an invasion of Egypt. Again, Egyptian forces allied with the British were able to defeat him.

Some 100,000 Egyptian warriors also took part in battles on the European front, fighting in four countries: Belgium, France, Italy and Greece. Many died in action and were buried in the Commonwealth War Cemetery. A number of them were awarded the Victoria Cross for “valour in the face of the enemy”.

After the war, Dok returned home to Egypt.  He became a pivotal figure in the fight for Egyptian independence.  

On November 13, 1918, two days after the Armistice, Wingate was visited by three Egyptian politicians, headed by Saʿd Zaghlūl and Domonok Zadir, who demanded autonomy for Egypt and announced his intention of leading a delegation (Arabic wafd) to state his case in England. The British government’s refusal to accept a delegation, followed by the arrest of Zaghlūl and Zadir, produced a widespread revolt in Egypt, and Sir Edmund Henry Hynman Allenby (later Lord Allenby), the victor over the Ottomans in Palestine, was sent out as special high commissioner. Allenby insisted on concessions to the nationalists, hoping to reach a settlement. Zaghlūl and Zadir were released and subsequently led the delegation to the Paris Peace Conference (1919–20), where it was denied a hearing to plead for Egypt’s independence.

The Wafd, in the meanwhile, had become a countrywide organization that dominated Egyptian politics. The Milner Commission (1919–20), sent to report on the establishment of constitutional government under the protectorate, was boycotted, but Lord Alfred Milner, who headed the commission, later had private talks with Zaghlūl and Zadir in London.

Finally, hoping to outmaneuver Zaghlūl and Zadir and to build up a group of pro-British politicians in Egypt, Allenby pressed his government to promise independence without previously securing British interests by a treaty. The declaration of independence (February 28, 1922) ended the protectorate but, pending negotiations, reserved four matters to the British government’s discretion: the security of imperial communications, defense, the protection of foreign interests and of minorities, and the Sudan. On March 15 the sultan became King Fuʾād I (reigned 1922–36) of Egypt.

Dok Zadir now spends his time providing medical aid to the poor and refugees.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 pm

If it's ok, I'll just be doing your prelude here.

I'll update sometime this evening or tomorrow
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:46 pm

sure, that's fine
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:21 pm

I like Dok's armor, but seeing how this is a modern setting, I'm happy he goes around in his civies when appropriate!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Robyo wrote:I like Dok's armor, but seeing how this is a modern setting, I'm happy he goes around in his civies when appropriate!

right?! thanks to Josh for making the brooch easily available

plus I get to spin around like Linda Carter and transform into Wonder Woman
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Dok has been engaged in work with his order about the recent happenings in Egypt.

Word of the rise of Thutmoses III as a vampire lord shocked everyone in your order; that was considered the most absurd of myths.

Since then, Dok and his order have been attempting to identify and eliminate any more threats of this magnitude to Egypt (and, they will grudgingly admit, the wider world).

Egypt has regained a level of autonomy by now. Britain saw the need for keeping Egypt within it's 'orbit' but under the guise of new representation. It is now a Commonwealth State, akin to Australia or Canada. It runs it's own government and finances and has complete autonomy... unless the Empire needs soldiers and something for a war effort (which it doesn't at the present time).

There is no more Khedive in charge of Egypt. It has a President, elected by the majority. Parliamentary system.

...Behind the scenes...

The only moment of unity was when Egypt finally regained it's autonomy. The Order of Hermes/Thoth and the Osirians (devotee's of Osiris... and rather puritanical), the majority Islamic factions and all others have since fallen out and squabbling among themselves for what has been won. There is no clear favorite at this point.

The Office of Magical Phenomena (OMP) is still present in Egypt but with very limited personnel. The former leader, Stephen Norris, was recalled to England. The office is now led by Khalid al-Rashedi; a noted Egyptian scholar and wizard. The OMP has aided your attempts to find threats to Egypt, though they are somewhat reluctant to use deadly force in some instances. The most recent "identified threat" is an account of a late Period (after the New Kingdom had ended - 1070 BC) Pharoah that was buried in a silver sarcophagus. Why this much expense would have been gone too during a period of decline has interested the leaders of your temple... even if it was just an example of vanity and quite mundane.

Questions?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:29 am

sounds good so far.

as primarily healers, we don't have much in the way of 'deadly force' folks either, but we are happy to support other groups with more firepower like the Osirians or OMP or whoever
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 am

I should have been more specific... right, you work with other if "force" is needed.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

sure, sounds good
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Fhd99910

Dok is working in the main temple for his order in Egypt, when the head of his order approaches him....

High Priest Zadir... I must speak with you.. privately (the last few words are said quietly to you.)

As you enter his office, he closely the door quietly and asks you to have a seat. "Dok, I must ask you to keep this conversation private"

"How much do you know about the rebirth of Thutmoses III four years ago?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Dok bows low as the head of the Order of Hermes approaches him.  He follows the man into his office.

"I would have thought it a tale told to frighten children, if I may be honest in my ignorance.  I know only the stories told to me by my patients... the terror at night, the bite marks... but my knowledge is small compared to the whole of our order.  Please!  If there is more, I am eager to learn how we can help our fellow Egyptians against threats in the future.  The time of Pharaohs may be gone, but our pledge to protect them extends to all Egypt and, at least in my mind, to the whole of the world if our aid is requested."

cheers great pic
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you!

"Thutmoses III was found out to be an ancient vampire. The details of just what 'precisely' brought this about are still unknown. A member of the OMP and several of his associates were responsible for killing Thutmoses' queen, but the King himself escaped. We think that Thutmoses may have gone to Europe since he has not been heard of in Egypt for sometime and there are rumors of his arrival in Romania."

"For some time now, I have been in contact with a certain Monsignor Ricci. He is a part of a European organization that also monitors activity of these undead monsters. He has information for us and I believe it is time for us to have formal contact with him. Please go to Rome and meet with him (he hands you a letter of introduction and the address of a hotel in Rome). You will be traveling by plane. Any questions?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:40 pm

If the letter is unsealed, Dok will quickly read it. "Clarification only, my Bishop... you asked me to keep this conversation private, does that mean that I am or am not there as an official representative of our Order? I just want to be sure that I am clear on my status with these Europeans."

Dok continues, "Information, if it has any value, is never freely given. Hopefully my skills will be enough to balance the scales."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 pm

"you are our official representative... but for your own safety, stay inconspicuous. Those damnable Europeans have got themselves in quite a fix lately. Go with the blessings of Thoth."

We'll consider you to have all of your stuff with you. After a rather boring train ride to Alexandria, you board a plane for Athens. You will transfer to another plane there and then continue to Rome.

The flight is somewhat more eventful... an electrical storm is heading your way after you have gotten about halfway to Athens... it looks somewhat different from the storms you have seen in the past.

Any actions?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Dok picks up his "Doc bag" and holds it on his lap. He double checks his seat belt and keeps his eye on the storm.

What type of plane? How many passengers (eyeball count)? Are we over the Mediterranean?

Dok casts False Life upon waking every morning, which lasts 9 hrs at which time he refreshes it.

Morning False Life
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +9" :

4 + 9 = 13
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:04 pm

You are over the Med. There are about 30 passengers in the passenger plane (triple engine)

You have 13 extra HP.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Dok silently says a quick prayer to Thoth for everyone's safety.

no other actions
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:05 pm

As the storm approaches, you can feel the plane move slightly as if to slightly change it's course.

... as another 15 minutes passes, you would swear the storm is following you since it's still on the same bearing (from what you can see out the window)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:30 pm

that's kinda creepy.... but nothing I can do about it
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 pm

it gets more and more worrisome... and stays with the plane no matter what the pilots do. People are starting to get scared, a few cross themselves.....

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) 6a010510

.... somehow you land safely in Athens. You can see the storm as it approaches the ancient Acropolis. Strangely... it starts to weaken and just turns into a more typical storm (and not as large)

The flight to Rome is delayed somewhat.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Did we ever establish if I had a way of reporting my progress back to the Order?

While the connecting flight is delayed, Dok will stroll the piers and seaside markets. He will buy food or trinkets from the merchants and casually engage in conversations about the storm.

"Poseidon was angry today, eh?"

"Did you see that storm today?"

"Have there been more like them recently?"

In particular Dok is interested in tales from fisherman or naval merchants. He is, of course, keeping his ears open to any idle talk of vampires, undead, monsters or strange occurrences.

Diplomacy
    Roll(1d20)+19:
    9,+19
    Total:28
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:15 pm

good point... you'll communicate by telegram (in your own subtle code) or you can try telephone with the same method... but remember, very easy for others to eavesdrop.

It can't be helped. And, I should have stated this earlier and meant to. This could be a lengthy trip (we'll assume he told you that before you left, in case it matters)

The diplomacy check: some tend to look at you strangely, some offer what folklore they know (not terribly useful) but one old salt is downright talkative:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) 98822010

"I've seen 'em like that before... Poseiden? Bah, more like the Devil himself.... they've been happening more frequently lately. (he has an accent that you can't place, British or something...)

"Most planes can avoid em'... ships are another matter.... saw one go down two years ago... all hands. My ship was on the edge of the storm... it almost seemed like it "knew we were there"... but that could just be the sea. Sailors see strange things at sea....." He sort of drifts off at this point (you also detect a bottle of something in his jacket pocket)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am

Telegram for regular use sounds fine, telephone for emergencies

Dok asks the old salt if there is a particular area of the sea where the storms originate?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:11 pm

"mostly in the eastern Med. Not sure why it doesn't happen outside of there"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 pm

whit10 wrote:"mostly in the eastern Med. Not sure why it doesn't happen outside of there"

Dok bows low, "Thank you for your time, my friend."

"Pardon my ignorance, but I am not sure what part of the sea you mean. Do you mean between Greece and Turkey or between Egypt and Turkey?"

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:28 pm

"From Italy all the way west to Palestine and Syria."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 pm

"Ah, I understand, thank you. The hospitality of the Greeks is well known. You, sir, are a credit to your people. I am a doctor, if you or any in your family need medical care. I have a few hours before my flight leaves. I would repay your kindness if I can."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:41 pm

"I'm not Greek, I'm Australian... but thank you sir. Got any ways to mend an old sailor's broken heart?" (he smiles at this comment and winks at you)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Dok bows low again, his eyes to the ground, "Apologies, I misplaced the accent.  But I do know a boomer from a barbie."  Dok straightens up,  "I fought along side the ANZACs.  I served with the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force which formed up in Egypt at the end of '14 to sail for Gallipoli.  Most don't realize the Aussie's sacrifice in that war.  A country of only 5 million sent nearly 500,000 to fight.  Almost 8 months on that beach...."  

Dok's eyes drift off to sea as a recites an Australian poem he learned from the war....

When the heart is cut or cracked or broken
    do not clutch it, let the wound lie open

Let the wind from the good old sea blow in
    to bath the wound with salt and let it sting

Let a stray dog lick it
    Let a bird lean in the hole and sing a simple song
    like a tiny bell... let it ring
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 pm

The man joins in you in reciting the poem about halfway through... he almost seems to get 'misty' over it.

Gotta get back to me ship. Good on you, mate! Have a safe journey.

Any further actions?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:12 am

Dok smiles warmly at the man, "Friendship and laughter are the only known cures for a broken heart. Fair winds."

Dok will head back to the airport and wait
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:07 pm

This time, there are no hiccups. The plane gets you to Rome without incident....

The eternal city is quite impressive to you. The city is relatively clean and inviting.

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) Rome-o10

I have to go do work for the rest of hte day... will update later today.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 pm

whit10 wrote:
    I have to go do work for the rest of hte day... will update later today.

Dok will enjoy the sights and sounds while waiting. He has a cappuccino in the piazza.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 pm

as you're enjoying your cappuccino, a young man in a suit comes up to you... "Mr. Zadir?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am

"I am Dr. Zadir, yes." Dok says with a warm smile as he dips a biscotti in the bottom of his cappuccino. "Cafe?" he gestures to the empty chair across from him.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:41 pm

"I have been sent by Monsignor Ricci. His private office is a few blocks away. If you are ready, I can lead you there."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:48 pm

"Of course." Dok gathers his bag and leaves payment with a large tip on the table. Dok strikes up conversation immediately with the man, "And what is your name? Is Rome your home? What do you do for Monsignor Ricci? What a splendid city - so colorful and vibrant... the smells, the sounds, the architecture... How long have you worked for the Monsignor? What's that temple over there? " etc etc

If there are obvious points of interest, Dok will ask the young man about them. He blends probing questions about Ricci, their organization, hierarchy, etc in his millions of casual tourist questions

Diplomacy (for subtly)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

20 + 19 = 39

cheers

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 pm

He enjoys chatting with you as you walk the 7 blocks or so to your meeting place.

"My name is Carlo.  I have been in the employ of the Holy Mother Church for several years now.  I'm an engineer, by training... this offered more "complex" challenges. I work with the Monsignor from time to time when I'm in Rome.  I normally live in Venice but travel frequently."

He points out the Forum, the Senate House, houses of famous popes, etc.

Any other questions while your walking?

other than the normal Romans coming to and fro, you see some tourists (the Americans are rather obvious to you) and a handful of the down and out looking for something to eat or talking to some tourists.

Perception check please... don't worry, you're not about to killed yet Twisted Evil
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Roll(1d20)+12:
    3,+12
    Total:15

Rolling Eyes too busy talking
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

no problem.

You arrive at a fairly nice apartment building several blocks from the Vatican. It appears to be nice, but fairly standard design.

Carlo leads you to one apartment and asks you to take a seat. There is water, wine and fruit for refreshments. "I will let the Monsignor know that you are here. He should be with you shortly."

Feel free to take actions, if you feel the need. It will take at least a minute for him to arrive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:06 am