Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

3 posters

Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty Re: Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Post  Chris Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 am

Refresh False Life
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +9" :

9 + 9 = 18

Cast Detect Poison (checking the food)

Detect Evil (pally ability)

Detect Undead (orison)

just generally being aware

Perception check on the room in general (secret doors, listening holes, etc) + using above spells

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

6 + 12 = 18
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty Re: Domonok "Dok" Zadir (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth)

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

This place is strangely serene. Nothing dangerous that you can detect. There are small representations of Catholic piety on the walls and tables but nothing ostentatious.

After a minute, the Monsignor arrives... he is quite young, from what you would expect.

"Mr. Zadir, thank you for meeting with me. I am Father Thomas Ricci, please don't bother with the titles... please call me Thomas, or Father Tom, that's what all the guys back in Brooklyn used to call me." He's an American.

"I'm sure you have many questions. Was your trip here uneventful?"

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 C38fe610
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am

Dok bows low to Ricci, "Greetings Father Tom from the Order of Hermes. I look forward to strengthening our friendship. I am at your service while I am here."

"Unfortunately, the journey was not. On the flight to Greece, the plane was... followed it seemed by a very violent and unusual storm. It was like nothing that I have ever seen before and I have traveled the wold over. My connection to Rome was delayed and I learned from an Australian sailor that those types of storms are becoming more common in the East Mediterranean. They are known to chase boats down in the open sea. Do you know anything about this?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 pm

His face darkens at this news.... "This is most likely the work of the Apophites... they love to kill and cause destruction. Younger ones are tasked with 'proving themselves' to their order."

I was afraid this might happen. But to warn you was to put you in even greater danger....but let's back up a bit.

"I am pleased to make your acquaintance and welcome you on behalf of the Concilio de Arcana. Three years ago, the Pope and Cardinals decided that the current dangers across the world demanded a more "aggressive" response. This of course still had to be in line with the Church's stance against killing... until it realized that these creatures are often abominations of evil and are not even alive."

"He goes over and pours a glass of wine. "I was in Seminary in Brooklyn at the time and was just getting ready to start at my parish. I received an invitation to join this group, based on my mastery of ancient languages and interest in archaeology. As my colleagues and I researched magic and the occult, we found much more that we did not understand. In an effort to change this, and hopefully do something useful, we reached out to several other magic dedicated organizations around the world."

.... as if on cue, the skies outside start to darken and a storm is coming on... (though not quite as "menacing" the other day)

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Hqdefa10

"When we realized that this Order of Apophis was at the heart of most of the disturbances and creation of undead monstrosities, we knew we had to look at them closer."

....he looks over at you "this is when we heard about what had happened in Egypt a few years ago...your country has more of a connection to this than you can possibly imagine."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 am

Dok nods attentively to the story, "I can see why the Vatican Counsel on the Arcane hand-picked you out of Seminary.  It will be an honor and learning experience to work with you, Father Tom.  I thank you for the history lesson.  Perhaps I can return the favor...

The Order of Hermes may have been founded during the Hellenistic Pharaoh's reign, but our true history is much older.  As the Order of Thoth, we served to protect the Pharaohs for thousands of years.  Our commonly perceived roles were to purify their food, give blessings and protect them in battle.  While it is true that we performed those... physical tasks, we were also responsible for the Pharaoh's mystical protection as well.  Egyptian legends are full of monsters and specifically the 'uwnadd (arabic for undead).  
    I have been primarily performing triage in the wake of the 'unwadd King's return.  I am most interested in any further information you have about Egypt and any threat's to my home.

I do not know these Apophites directly.  Ancient Lore tells of Apophites being a snake-like race with scales and yellow eyes.  I would have dismissed this as simply myth, but after the end of the Great War.... many things now seem... more reasonable.  The Apophites were said to have worshipped many gods, with a demon known as Kynslive, the god of blood, as their highest deity.  Other than an 'unwadd's love of blood, I don't see any other connection.

While I am here, my skills are at your service."  Dok bows low again.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 pm

"that's fairly accurate... but here is what you don't know. The Apophites are responsible for raising Thutmoses and, we believe, many other ancient vampires... and other monsters (his face darkens at this last bit)." Thutmoses has appeared in Eastern Europe recently. His movements are difficult to track. It appears as thought the Circle of Apophis is trying to enact some sort of grand plan in Balkans. The end of the Great War left the region in considerable chaos and it seems that this was the perfect environment for these abominations."

"We contacted a certain Dr. Carter, an American with the Arcanum. He was doing research here in Rome and his partner was with the band that killed Thutmoses' queen." Dr. Carter sent us a cable that he had discovered something very important... then he disappeared. We do not know why. The cable originated in Belgrade."

"I have been asked to see if you would be willing to travel to Trento. A higher member of the Concilio wishes to meet you there. He is also attempting to find others that could assist you and the Concilio. Would you be willing to meet with Bartolo de Genovisi? He has expressed a desire to be in contact with your Order, personally."

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 pm

"Of course, I am here to establish a friendship with your Concilio and bring comfort to the world. I have not seen Eastern Europe since the war. It is such... different country than my home." Dok bows to Father Tom.

"Would you have a telegraph station here? I should update Bob (I don't think you ever named the head of my order from pg1) that I will leaving Rome."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:48 pm

"Certainly, I can take you there now."

(his name was Mr. Zamir)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Dok and Zamir (and the order for that matter) have some known codes and patterns for hiding info in otherwise innocuous messages.  

Domonok  "Dok"  Zadir  (Palacle of Hermes\Thoth) - Page 2 Telegr11
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:54 pm

love it. lol

got a trial to start preparing for. I'll update later tonight
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:09 pm

Once you are out of hearing range of anyone... "Be very careful Mr. Zadir. There have been assassination attempts against many members of the British OMP and the French Academie de Arcana. Sadly, some of these have been successful. They haven't struck the Church.. but I personally expect that they will sooner or later."

"One other thing... de Genovisi told me that he is going to try and arrange some other new contacts to meet with you as well in Trento. I do not know any names, I'm afraid."

"Please feel free to spend a night in this building, we have a room for you. Your train ticket is for tomorrow morning."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:17 am

"Such is the way of the 'unwadd and their lackeys! Have any of the assassins been captured alive?"

Dok bows, "I am grateful for your hospitality."

Dok will spend the night in the room offered after checking it for magic and anything unusual (detect magic and perception take 10 = 22)

If the night is uneventful.... in the morning, he says his prayers to Thoth (false life) and heads for the train.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 pm

"no, alas. They have either killed themselves or gotten away."

The room is clean accept for wards of protection (for the occupant - Divine magic)

The train leaves on time. You will be in Trento in a few hours. Please go to the page "Welcome to the Hotel Buonconsiglio"

I will get everyone there as soon as possible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am