Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

Rip Tumblediver Seagull Tidebottom the 11th, of the Granitecave Tidebottoms. Rock Gnome Druid, Coastal Land Circle

Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Rip Tumblediver Seagull Tidebottom the 11th, of the Granitecave Tidebottoms. Rock Gnome Druid, Coastal Land Circle

Post  Whitey on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

"It's just not right, man... The Ugaland fey should be free to roam like the little knuckleheads they are, man.. We're gonna set 'em free and watch 'em cartwheel down the beaches, it's gonna be so rad. I know you feel me, broheim."

Rock Gnome
    Druid
    Level: 3
    Speed: 25
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Background: Acolyte of Habbakuk

STR 10
    DEX 13 (+1)
    CON 14 (+2)
    INT 14 (+2)
    WIS 15 (+2)
    CHR 10

Saves: INT (+4) WIS (+4)
    (Advantage on all WIS, INT, CHR saves vs magic)

HP: 30 (1d8)
    AC: 13

Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +1
    Pass Percept: 12

Darkvision 60'
    Languages: Common, Gnomish, Druidic, Sylvan, Draconic

Proficiencies: Non-Metallic Light & Medium Armor and shields, Clubs, Daggers, Darts, Javelins, Maces, Quarterstaffs, Scimitars, Sickles, Slings, Spears

Skills:
    Insight (+4)
    Religion (+4)
    Medicine (+4)
    Nature (+4)

Abilities:
    Artificer's Lore: +4 to History checks for magic, alchemy, and tech items.
    Wild Shape: Shape shift into any beast not flying or swimming and CR 1/4, 1/8, or 0. Sustain 1 hour
    Circle of the Coast: +1 Cantrip. Short rest recover 1 level of spell slot. Auto-prepare Mirror Image and Misty Step
    Ritual Casting

Spell casting:
    Spell Save DC: 12
    Spell Attack: +4

Cantrips: (3)
    Poison Spray (10'. 1d12 vs CON).
    Guidance (touch. +1d4 to any ability check).
    Resistance (touch. +1d4 to any saving throw.)

Prepared (2+5):
    Mirror Image-2nd  (3 ea. @ AC 11, d20 6/8/11).
    Misty Step-2nd (30'. bonus).
    Cure Wounds-1st (touch. 1d8+2/level.)
    Entangle-1st (20', vs STR)
    Goodberry-1st (10 @1hp ea. 24 hour potency)
    Thunderwave-1st (15' cube, 2d8, 10' push. vs CON 1/2dam
    Pass Without Trace-2nd (30', +10 Stealth/DEX checks. 1 hour)
    Slots:
    1st: 4
    2nd: 2

Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude
    Ideal: I trust that Habbakuk will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
    Bond: I owe my life to the druids who took me in when my parents were murdered
    Flaw: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in Habbakuk

Equipment & Weapons:
    Studded Leather Armor (AC 12)
    "Kingfisher", Spear +1 Versatile. Att: (+3 melee/+4 thrown.) Dam: 1h (1d6+3 melee, 1d6+4 thrown) 2h (1d8+3 melee)
    Explorer's Pack
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Mess Kit
    Tinderbox
    10 torches
    10 days rations
    waterskin
    50' rope
    Pouch for Goodberries
    Potion of Healing (2d4+2)
    Artisan Kit (Tinker: clockwork, firestarter, music box)
    Herbalism Kit
    Healer's Kit (10. Stabilize 0 hp)
    Fishing Tackle

Gold: 210-50-5-1= 164

Druidic Focus: puka shell necklace

Last edited by Whitey on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:02 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Re: Rip Tumblediver Seagull Tidebottom the 11th, of the Granitecave Tidebottoms. Rock Gnome Druid, Coastal Land Circle

Post  Chris on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 pm

does he follow the CODE OF THE HILLS... er, I mean, the CODE OF THE COAST! lol!
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Re: Rip Tumblediver Seagull Tidebottom the 11th, of the Granitecave Tidebottoms. Rock Gnome Druid, Coastal Land Circle

Post  Whitey on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Rip Tumblediver Seagull Tidebottom the 11th, of the Granitecave Tidebottoms, lived a happy and peaceful life for nearly two and a half centuries. He and his family made their home in the granite cliffs overlooking the sea near the port city of Redbay in Ugalland. Rip and his cousins spent their days spearfishing, surfing, mucking through tidal pools, diving for pearls, exploring underwater caverns, and combing the beaches for useful flotsam that may have come ashore from the sea traffic entering and leaving Redbay. Rip has a kind soul and a warm heart and taught many human children how to swim and surf in the waves crashing onto the beach below his home.

For generations the human family that lorded over the Tidebottoms' lands were kind and benevolent to the gnomes and saw them as a lovely and heart warming (and useful) asset to their holdings. The two groups lived in the dreamy, easy comfort that only the seaside life can provide. Shortly after Rip's 250th birthday, a delightful affair with a delicious shrimp boil and many bonfires on the beach, the reigning lord died under very suspicious circumstances. His son assumed power. The young man was a dark and tortured soul, given to acts of cruelty among his human brethren and the fey alike. As his thirst for power grew, he collected a small army of henchmen who did his evil bidding. The lord set his men to clearing the fey from the cliffs, using dark magic and fire wherever raw brute force was unsuccessful. Rip lost much of his family to these purges and barely escaped with his own life when they set about clearing the cave he called home. He used a secret path down to the sea and after devising a small raft was able to make his way to an island off the coast he believed to be uninhabited.

When he arrived at the island he discovered a temple to the Nature God Habbukuk. The druids of the temple took him in and showed him a new path. They encouraged him to do all the things he had loved so much about life by the sea, the swimming, surfing, fishing, the commune with nature. As they guided him he found the innate power in the natural world he was already so in tune with and began to grow into his new life as a druid. As the seasons passed, Rip became a dedicated and respected member of the temple. His ascension to the Coastal Circle of Habbukuk was complete.

Still, he had never forgotten the torture he had witnessed his family and friends undergo at the hands of the dark lord. He knew that he now held in his heart the faith and power he would need to remove the evil from his beloved home and return that land to the balance it had enjoyed for so long. He pondered for many months until the sea brought him the answer, as it always had. A pirate ship dropped anchor in the lee side of his island, lying in wait to ambush galleons fat with goods and treasure leaving Redbay. Seeing this as his stroke of fate, Rip swam to the pirate ship under cover of darkness, scaled the anchor chain and stowed away, setting in motion a fifteen year chain of events that led him to become and officer in a mercenary company in the Gwopish forest, known for his jovial demeanor in camp and his keen tactical mind in battles, many of which he fights in the guise of a giant  monitor lizard or a wolf whose pelt is the shade of beach sand and white water.

Throughout his travels Habbakuk has provided Rip with many inland rivers and lakes to soothe his ache for the sea, many friends and allies to warm his heart, and now it seems Habbakuk has provided Rip with an army as well. An army he will soon need if he is to take back his rightful home...

Last edited by Whitey on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Chris wrote:does he follow the CODE OF THE HILLS... er, I mean, the CODE OF THE COAST!  lol!

Nah, there's no code on the coast, Brosephus. Just get in where you fit in. We don't have that many agro-celts to agitate anyways. sunny
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:14 pm

yeah, I'd just laugh along with you now Laughing
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Awesome origin story!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm