Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    And whither then? I cannot say.

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:55 pm

    Con save

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    8 + 2 = 10

    Roll was 3+2 at first so I used the lucky ability to get the above roll. Ugh...
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 pm

    Mime will delay summoning for the moment. While he is suspicious that his Geisha is friendly, he is not certain.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 pm

    Chris wrote:The elevator doors open to a scene very different from the karoake lounge.  Gone is any pretense of normalcy.  



    Ghost finds himself in a dimly lit room with red velvet walls.  It is both a sex parlor and opium den at the same time.  There are many side rooms with curtains off the main parlor.  Ghost catches glimpses of bondage set ups, hot tubs, massage tables, and other pleasure devices he doesn't recognize.  

     The air is thick with smoke: Ghost needs to make a CON save.




    Ghost's geisha will walk him slowly through the parlor as if seeing what catches his interest.  Ghost spots the private room #266 (his clue from the tipped waitress) The tour ends at her private parlor room which has a number of long needles.  Ghost isn't sure who gets pierced....

    Con save: 16 + 5 = 21

    Ghost's resolve is strong. Looking around the room of fleshly pleasures, he admits to himself once he was a fool, much like these men. Ghost realizes that a samurai's greatest strength is not physical, it is his will. Willpower is a samurai's most valuable asset.

    His old sensei Mishimoto Akarui Ha taught him that much.



    Lesser men would gleefully succumb to the delights surrounding him, but Ghost does not.

    He looks up and down at the woman beside him. She's probably a slave, like he once was... In the end, they are all slaves to the "system."

    "Your attire will not do. I need you to change into something...nice. A dress, fancy and red. With heels." He smiles trying to put her at ease. "You like fine dining?"

    Persuasion check: 18 + 3 = 21

    How far is this room from room #266?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:01 pm

    navyik wrote:Con save

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    8 + 2 = 10

    Roll was 3+2 at first so I used the lucky ability to get the above roll.  Ugh...

    If it makes you feel any better DC is 10 cheers

    So it was probably worth it to avoid the intoxication effects.



    Mime's geisha leads him around the room so he can see the pleasures they have to offer.  They stop near an empty papa-san, "What is your pleasure?"  she says in slow, rehearsed Cityspeak.

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Ghost is unaffected by the opium-filled air of the parlor.  Nice insight on the samuri mind and Ghost!  Cool

    Ghost's parlor is next to 266, #265



    Ghost's geisha smiles seductively like a dominatrix,  "Akai doresu, kakato, hai.  Watashi no yorokobi wa anata no mono ni naru"  (a red dress, heels, yes.  My pleasure shall be yours).  She offers Ghost a seat in her parlor, "Watashi ni fuku o mite mitaidesu ka?"  (would you like to watch me undress?)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:08 pm

    Chris wrote:Ghost is unaffected by the opium-filled air of the parlor.  Nice insight on the samurai mind and Ghost!  Cool

    Ghost's parlor is next to 266, #265



    Ghost's geisha smiles seductively like a dominatrix,  "Akai doresu, kakato, hai.  Watashi no yorokobi wa anata no mono ni naru"  (a red dress, heels, yes.  My pleasure shall be yours).  She offers Ghost a seat in her parlor, "Watashi ni fuku o mite mitaidesu ka?"  (would you like to watch me undress?)

    Ghost will peak inside the curtain and scan the parlor.

    Then back to the geisha, "Thank you ma'am, but I prefer to have dessert as the last course of a meal. Why don't you get dressed in something nice. Then I will take you out and we can dine on some excellent sushi. While you're changing, I will take a few rips off the hookah. Take your time. I want you to look good."

    When the geisha goes inside, Ghost will look around to make sure he isn't being watched.
    Activate Stealth mode: 18 + 8 = 26.

    He carefully ducks inside #266.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:35 pm

    Mime looks for 266 while marveling at the many spectacles. Once he finds it, "you must follow my commands very carefully."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:00 pm

    navyik wrote:Mime looks for 266 while marveling at the many spectacles.  Once he finds it, "you must follow my commands very carefully."



    Golden Fan flashes excitement in her eyes, "Hai masutā!" (yes, master!)

    Robyo wrote:

    Then back to the geisha, "Thank you ma'am, but I prefer to have dessert as the last course of a meal. Why don't you get dressed in something nice. Then I will take you out and we can dine on some excellent sushi. While you're changing, I will take a few rips off the hookah. Take your time. I want you to look good."

    When the geisha goes inside, Ghost will look around to make sure he isn't being watched.
    Activate Stealth mode: 18 + 8 = 26.

    He carefully ducks inside #266.



    She gestures for another serving geisha to bring a hookah.  She studies Ghost for a moment with her silver cyber-eye and then bows, backing into her parlor.  She draws the curtains closed to change for him.

    parlor #266 has the curtains drawn closed, so neither can see inside.

    study Ok, 2 bits to deal with quickly before we continue....

    1)  each other - you both have stated that you are paying attention, scanning the room, etc.  So there would clearly be a moment when you noticed each other both scoping out 266 and\or heading towards it.  Ghost used Stealth, but without a distraction, Mime would see him sneak into 266 since he stated he was watching it.  Nobody else was directly paying attention, so Ghost would only have to beat their passive perceptions.  

    2)  Josh has fallen behind on the timeline of the scene here.  It's ok if he is downstairs, but he was trying to go upstairs, so let's give him a chance to at least get up to the 2nd floor and join the fun.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:01 pm

    Mime suspects the black tiger of being conspicuously out of place and waits to verify his involvement in the meeting.  Mime also feels like there is yet more information to come from handler, as if some piece of the puzzle is missing or will soon become obvious.  It is not typically the agency's method to 'hit', but the hair is beginning to stand up on his neck.

    Mime chooses a parlor nearest to 266 with ropes.  He begins with subtlety, gentle but firm.  "Pour me a glass of water.  No, use your left hand and call me 'Yoshi' while you pour.". The details are improvised, but he will recall them carefully.  "Sit on your knees facing the wall and wait patiently for further commands."Mime's tone is casual and soft-spoken. Depending on her talent, he may not need the ropes.
     He tests her while casually glancing out towards 266.  If he makes eye contact with the Samurai, Mime will smile as though admiring his... Sword... and engage in voyeuristic indulgence with the sights and sounds.  But really he is just watching for threats and contacts.
     If the Geisha has been patient, he pats her on the head like a dog and then, "what is your favourite colour, Mizza, yes, I have given you a name because you have obeyed me.". This game will serve Mime's scouting well.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 pm

    Menkaure will follow her upstairs
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 pm

    Ghost nods at the guy looking at his sword (Mime). He's not too worried about him.

    There's little time to waste. What's Ghost see beyond the curtain?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm

    whit10 wrote:Menkaure will follow her upstairs

    lol!

    that's twice you have tried to slip past what has been written

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:go to the elevators with out saying a word for now




    Menkaure's geisha escorts him to the "coat room" where she shows him a locker with an encryption key for his weapons.


    you can't go to the elevators or upstairs without disarming in the coat room
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:22 pm

    navyik wrote:Mime suspects the black tiger of being conspicuously out of place and waits to verify his involvement in the meeting.  Mime also feels like there is yet more information to come from handler, as if some piece of the puzzle is missing or will soon become obvious.  It is not typically the agency's method to 'hit', but the hair is beginning to stand up on his neck.

    Mime chooses a parlor nearest to 266 with ropes.  He begins with subtlety, gentle but firm.  "Pour me a glass of water.  No, use your left hand and call me 'Yoshi' while you pour.". The details are improvised, but he will recall them carefully.  "Sit on your knees facing the wall and wait patiently for further commands."Mime's tone is casual and soft-spoken. Depending on her talent, he may not need the ropes.
     He tests her while casually glancing out towards 266.  If he makes eye contact with the Samurai, Mime will smile as though admiring his... Sword... and engage in voyeuristic indulgence with the sights and sounds.  But really he is just watching for threats and contacts.
     If the Geisha has been patient, he pats her on the head like a dog and then, "what is your favourite colour, Mizza, yes, I have given you a name because you have obeyed me.". This game will serve Mime's scouting well.

    Mizza ifollows commands with trained grace and elegance. She pours the water, shifting the pitcher to her left hand while appearing to switch purposefully to hold her robe out of the way with her right, as if part of the tea ceremony, "Mizu no, Yohsi" (water for Yoshi)

    She smiles at the affection shown her deeds and replies directly, "Kuro" (black)

    The samuri nods in return to Mime, both aware of each other's presence.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm

    Robyo wrote:Ghost nods at the guy looking at his sword (Mime). He's not too worried about him.

    There's little time to waste. What's Ghost see beyond the curtain?

    hang on.... just trying to get Josh upstairs bounce
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 pm

    I'm really confused then... I thought she wanted him to go to the elevator?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:59 pm

    whit10 wrote:I'm really confused then... I thought she wanted him to go to the elevator?

    check the back posts; she has only ever taken you to the coat room to disarm, just like everyone else. the 3 guards don't let anyone past that is armed (unless otherwise influenced like Rob did)

    you were told to go to a meeting by your boss
    you were shown this location by the map, specifically to go upstairs to #266
    nobody gets upstairs with their weapons

    what does Menkaure want to do?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:22 pm

    checks his sword and gear and goes with her after that to #266
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:37 pm

    whit10 wrote:checks his sword and gear and goes with her after that to #266

    Twisted Evil sucker!

    er.... I mean..... very good

    The elevator doors open to a scene very different from the karoake lounge. Gone is any pretense of normalcy.



    Menkaure finds himself in a dimly lit room with red velvet walls. It is both a sex parlor and opium den at the same time. There are many side rooms with curtains off the main parlor. Menkaure catches glimpses of bondage set ups, hot tubs, massage tables, and other pleasure devices he doesn't recognize.

    The air is thick with smoke: Menkaure needs to make a CON save.

    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Ghost notices the elevator door open and the large black Tiger emerge with a geisha

    Mime notices the same and that the other human in the bathrobe is about to open the curtain at #266 (where Handler told you go as well)


    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

    Con save:

    Roll(1d20)+1:
    13,+1
    Total:14
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:53 pm

    whit10 wrote:Con save:

    Roll(1d20)+1:
    13,+1
    Total:14

    Menkaure is unaffected by the opium haze of the parlor.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:06 pm

    whit10 wrote:Con save:

    Roll(1d20)+1:
    13,+1
    Total:14

    did you want to do anything now that you entered the parlor?
    the others have had a few rds of actions, so I am giving you the chance to catch up, otherwise the scene will advance with Ghost opening the curtain to #266
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:15 am

    Chris wrote:Ghost notices the elevator door open and the large black Tiger emerge with a geisha

    Mime notices the same and that the other human in the bathrobe is about to open the curtain at #266 (where Handler told you go as well)

    Technically, Wouldn't Mime and Tiger both need to beat Ghost's Stealth (currently 26) with a Perception check to see him?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 am

    Robyo wrote:

    Technically, Wouldn't Mime and Tiger both need to beat Ghost's Stealth (currently 26) with a Perception check to see him?

    Stealth skill isn't an invisibility spell.  You can't just vanish while standing in a room full of people.  It isn't Obfuscate from Vampire where people forget you were ever present.  If you are being observed or are standing in plain sight you can't really hide without a distraction (even then people don't forget you were there, but they don't know where you went).  And you need somewhere to actually conceal yourself, again not invisibility.  Ghost might duck down behind a chaise lounger or hide behind a curtain, but that doesn't work if he is also trying to open the parlor curtain to 266.   The serving geisha brought a hooka.  The sober workers in the room saw you come out of the elevator.  

    Stealth is about not being seen when people don't know you were there or had never seen you in the first place.  

    Mime and Menkaure had both seen you previously.


    Robyo wrote:Ghost nods at the guy looking at his sword (Mime). He's not too worried about him.

    There's little time to waste. What's Ghost see beyond the curtain?

    You are trying to hide and nodding at a guy at the same time.  He is going to see you  Razz

    I know the timing is a bit rough, but I am trying to let Josh catch up, so he would have gotten off the elevator before Ghost opened the curtain (which is why I kept pausing you guys) sorry, we should all be together now




    I couldn't find a specific rule in 5e, but PF has language under the Stealth skill description that is on point

    If people are observing you using any of their senses (but typically sight), you can't use Stealth. Against most creatures, finding cover or concealment allows you to use Stealth. If your observers are momentarily distracted (such as by a Bluff check), you can attempt to use Stealth. While the others turn their attention from you, you can attempt a Stealth check if you can get to an unobserved place of some kind. This check, however, is made at a –10 penalty because you have to move fast.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:53 pm

    Okiedokie. Invisibility is not in Ghost's bag of tricks (yet).

    Waiting on Josh... Sleep
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:59 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Activate Stealth mode: 18 + 8 = 26.


    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 pm

    Josh is traveling and visiting... May be slow.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:24 pm

    navyik wrote:Josh is traveling and visiting...  May be slow.

    oh, right! I did see that on Facebook, thanks for the reminder.

    moving right along then, stand by.....
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:49 pm

    Robyo wrote:Ghost nods at the guy looking at his sword (Mime). He's not too worried about him.

    There's little time to waste. What's Ghost see beyond the curtain?

    Finally....  Ghost pulls back the curtain!

    He sees his mark: Benowitz.  Mime can see a man in a suit with a smoking cigar burning idly between 2 fingers.  His eyes are glowing a faint blue, like the light from a computer monitor at night.



    However, Mr. Benowitz does not appear to be engaged in any form of pleasure that either Ghost or Mime recognize.  He looks dazed.  A bit of drool is inching down his chin.

    From his eyes, 2 streams of data are flowing towards a singular point about 5 ft above and in front of him.  Neither Ghost nor Mime recognize the characters in the data stream.  The data streams appear to vanish at the point of convergence.



    Mime doesn't have an angle, but Ghost notices a dead\unconscious geisha in the corner of the parlor #266

    (PING) Mime receives a coded alert from Handler.  

    Menkaure is still on the elevator.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 pm

    we are not in combat (yet), but here is a visual map of the Red lounge



    Mime R-1

    Golden Fan geisha V-1

    Ghost V-12

    fugly, one-eyed geisha (ghost) W-17

    Benowitz W-12

    dead geisha at X-10

    other serving geisha and working girls are around the Red lounge, usually with an intoxicated John

    Menkaure and Claw geisha are on the elevator at K-0  (love in an elevator?)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:48 pm

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:18 am

    "Excuse me, please," Mime is polite. " I would like you to sit quietly while I take this.". He watches her while he reads the traffic report. If traffic is bad, he will slip a pair of cuffs on the Geisha saying, "this is for your own good, you will thank me, of course..."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:47 am

    Chris wrote:Finally....  Ghost pulls back the curtain!

    He sees his mark: Benowitz.  Mime can see a man in a suit with a smoking cigar burning idly between 2 fingers.  His eyes are glowing a faint blue, like the light from a computer monitor at night.



    However, Mr. Benowitz does not appear to be engaged in any form of pleasure that either Ghost or Mime recognize.  He looks dazed.  A bit of drool is inching down his chin.

    From his eyes, 2 streams of data are flowing towards a singular point about 5 ft above and in front of him.  Neither Ghost nor Mime recognize the characters in the data stream.  The data streams appear to vanish at the point of convergence.



    Mime doesn't have an angle, but Ghost notices a dead\unconscious geisha in the corner of the parlor #266

    Ghost doesn't leave the curtain open. He ducks inside.

    Still being stealthy, Ghost takes some pictures of Mr. Benowitz, and of the scene, including the girl in the corner. They sure seem to be out of it. What is happening here? Meh, none of my business what drugs they use. He scans the room for the guy's comlink. If nothing shows up, he checks the guy's pockets.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 am

    Robyo wrote:

    Ghost doesn't leave the curtain open. He ducks inside.

    Still being stealthy, Ghost takes some pictures of Mr. Benowitz, and of the scene, including the girl in the corner. They sure seem to be out of it. What is happening here? Meh, none of my business what drugs they use. He scans the room for the guy's comlink. If nothing shows up, he checks the guy's pockets.

    Of course, my mistake, sorry.

    Mime catches a quick glimpse of this through the open curtain, that is all.

    Ghost documents the scene. As he reaches out to body-rob Benowitz, he feels a sharp poke in the small of his back through the silk komono he borrowed from the coat room. A strange voice.... modulated.... distant.... speaks behind him, "Don't touch."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 am

    navyik wrote:"Excuse me, please," Mime is polite. " I would like you to sit quietly while I take this.". He watches her while he reads the traffic report.  If traffic is bad, he will slip a pair of cuffs on the Geisha saying, "this is for your own good, you will thank me, of course..."

    Golden Fan sits quietly, "Hai"

    Mime checks the traffic update, but instead finds only the same strange characters streaming through his HUD that he saw coming out of the guy's eyes.





    just to be clear, it did come through on Handler's channel, in the usual manner. there are some normal letters in there as well. it looks like the strange characters are spliced into the normal ones
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:32 pm

    Chris wrote:Ghost documents the scene.  As he reaches out to body-rob Benowitz, he feels a sharp poke in the small of his back through the silk komono he borrowed from the coat room.  A strange voice.... modulated.... distant.... speaks behind him, "Don't touch."

    "Says who?" Ghost looks to see if the geisha girl is still passed out in the corner.

    And he wouldn't have just ignored her while doing his business.He snapped shots of her too. Ghost's Passive Perception is 14.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 pm

    Mime scuttles his comlink. Time to go anologue.
    "I will not harm you. Please behave.". Mime positions himself to be out of golden fans line of sight, closes the curtain and Summons his pistol of warning. Placing the weapon in its concealed holster, Mime strolls casually out of the room towards 266. "I see someone I would like to ask to join us. I won't be long."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:40 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    "Says who?" Ghost looks to see if the geisha girl is still passed out in the corner.

    And he wouldn't have just ignored her while doing his business.He snapped shots of her too.  Ghost's Passive Perception is 14.

    of course not, I give Ghost more credit than that. the body of the geisha hasn't moved

    the mysterious voice just chuckles, "back slowly out of the room. take your prized pictures with you. no sudden moves. "
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 pm

    navyik wrote:Mime scuttles his comlink.   Time to go anologue.
    "I will not harm you.  Please behave.". Mime positions himself to be out of golden fans line of sight, closes the curtain and Summons his pistol of warning.  Placing the weapon in its concealed holster, Mime strolls casually out of the room towards 266.  "I see someone I would like to ask to join us.  I won't be long."

    Mime's pistol appears silently in his hand.  Golden Fan makes a small, but sharp inhale of breathe.  

    It's comfortable grip is cold yet familiar in his hand.  He stashes the pistol and exits his parlor.   Golden Fan sits quietly. Her training does her credit but Mime senses a tension after she saw a pistol materialize out of thin air.  She is obeying out of fear for real now, not just roleplaying.

    Mime heads towards 266.  He will arrive in effectively 1 turn, so let's see what Ghost does.

    just for sequencing, let's say Ghost is moving first, then Mime in these out-of-combat rounds since that tends to be the order of replies.  Menkaure is enjoying elevator music
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 pm

    Chris wrote:the body of the geisha hasn't moved

    the mysterious voice just chuckles, "back slowly out of the room.  take your prized pictures with you.  no sudden moves. "

    Turn around slowly to face the aggressor. Hand on sword hilt.

    "I asked who you are."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:23 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:the body of the geisha hasn't moved

    the mysterious voice just chuckles, "back slowly out of the room.  take your prized pictures with you.  no sudden moves. "

    Turn around slowly to face the aggressor. Hand on sword hilt.

    "I asked who you are."

    cheers  ok, Initiative time then, since Ghost disobeyed the order to back out of the room and decided to turn, even slowly, on his aggressor

    nobody is surprised

    map updated:

    green lines = closed curtains, so LoS is blocked through them
    Ghost is a bit squeezed in the parlor #266, but that's just how it is
    yellow arrow = direction of sharp point in Ghost's back, so his facing is the same as the arrow, which is towards the dazed and data streaming Benowitz + geisha body

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

    Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Attackers are disadvantaged to Attack Mime
    Hp 96/96

    Initiative +3 (Advantage)
    Mime's party is never surprised

    Passive Perception: 15(18 in the city)


    Initiative (advantage)
    Rolling "1d20 +3" 2 times

    1: 9 + 3 = 12
    2: 17 + 3 = 20

    20 it is
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:21 pm

    Ghost
    AC 15 (no armor)
    Hp 96/96
    Initiative +5

    Initiative: 13 + 5 = 18
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm

    Initiative:

    Mime 20
    Ghost 18
    ????   15
    unseen blade 12
    ?????  8
    ????? 6
    Menkaure 0 still on the elevator with clawed geisha

    Mime is up
    Ghost on deck


    Mime was last heading towards #266.  Nothing unusual has happened yet, as far as Mime knows.  He can't see the blade in Ghost's back, as Ghost is behind the curtain.

    Nobody else in the parlor is acting unusually yet; they continue to enjoy themselves casually.

    map is current (I added a green curtain to 1-eye's room  since she closed it to change for Ghost)

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:14 pm

    Mime approaches the curtain to 266. (Can I ready an action to draw and fire if attacked while I don't have a weapon in my hand?)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 am

    I just got back last night. I'll update today for Menkaure
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:31 pm

    navyik wrote:Mime approaches the curtain to 266.  (Can I ready an action to draw and fire if attacked while I don't have a weapon in my hand?)

    study ok, my first rules research in 5e.  I don't know the answer....


    Under "actions in combat" starting on pg 192 PHB

    R e a d y

    Sometimes you want to get the jump on a foe or wait for
    a particular circumstance before you act. To do so, you
    can take the Ready action on your turn so that you can
    act later in the round using your reaction.


    First, you decide what perceivable circumstance
    will trigger your reaction. Then, you choose the action
    you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose
    to move up to your speed in response to it. Examples
    include “If the cultist steps on the trapdoor, I’ll pull the
    lever that opens it,” and “If the goblin steps next to me,
    I move away.”

    When the trigger occurs, you can either take your
    reaction right after the trigger finishes or ignore
    the trigger. Remember that you can take only one
    reaction per round.

    When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but
    hold its energy, which you release with your reaction
    when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must
    have a casting time o f 1 action, and holding onto the
    spell’s magic requires concentration (explained in
    chapter 10). If your concentration is broken, the spell
    dissipates without taking effect.

    pg 189 PHB  "Your turn"

    Y o u r T u r n

    On your turn, you can move a distance up to your speed
    and take one action. You decide whether to move first
    or take your action first

    __________________________________________________________________________________

    So as I read that, you could move and then use "Ready" with the trigger "fire if I am attacked" which would use your Reaction.

    I think the only issue would be drawing the weapon, which must be done as part of the Move (pg190 PHB).  You can't draw as part of the Reaction used for the Readied action.  You would have to draw during the move.

    _______________________________________________________________________________________'

    also please give a grid coordinate where you Mime to finish his move
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:44 pm

    Menkaure is obviously a stranger in a strange land but he knows when something doesn't feel right (and not having his sword with him doesn't help)

    When the elevator finally opens (he'll mostly just sniff the girl,) Twisted Evil .... He will cast Shield of Faith, depending on his perception of what is happening.

    Initiative:
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    16,+3
    Total:19

    Perception:
    Roll(1d20)+4:
    13,+4
    Total:17
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  navyik on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 pm

    Mime
    AC 17
    Cloak of Displacement:
    Attackers are disadvantaged to Attack Mime
    Hp 96/96

    Initiative +3 (Advantage)
    Mime's party is never surprised

    Passive Perception: 15(18 in the city)


    Initiative 20

    Mime walks to T-7 and dawdles. He will ready to draw and fire if anyone attacks and can decide whether to let it slide then.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5186
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Chris on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 pm

    navyik wrote:
    Mime walks to T-7 and dawdles.  He will ready to draw and fire if anyone attacks and can decide whether to let it slide then.

    study please check post *145.  you cannot Ready to "draw and fire".  you have to draw as part of the move or not at all

    Chris wrote:Initiative:

    Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18
    ????   15
    unseen blade 12
    ?????  8
    ????? 6



    cheers just in time, Josh!

    Menkaure is up at 19

    Menkaure sees the same scene as described to the others

    Chris wrote:
    The elevator doors open to a scene very different from the karoake lounge.  Gone is any pretense of normalcy.  



    Menkaure finds himself in a dimly lit room with red velvet walls.  It is both a sex parlor and opium den at the same time.  There are many side rooms with curtains off the main parlor.  Menkaure catches glimpses of bondage set ups, hot tubs, massage tables, and other pleasure devices he doesn't recognize.  

    The air is thick with smoke: Menkaure needs to make a CON save.

    several curtains are pulled closed (green lines)

    Menkaure sees the "average Joe" he noticed downstairs meandering towards #266
    Menkaure does not see the other guy in the kimono or the one-eyed geisha

    It does not seem like anything unusual or dangerous.  At this point, initiative is just for sequencing and Ghost (who has a blade in his back)

    map is current






    Menkaure is up
    Ghost is on deck
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3814
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:11 pm

    Curious cat is curious....

    Menkaure will move, casually, with his woman towards #266. If she protests at all, he will use his own charismatic charms to act like he is saying hi to a friend.

    Question: is there a way to use Stealth to hide the casting of a spell with somatic and material components?

    Otherwise, assuming that there isn't. Menkaure will continue to move towards that room, keeping his wits about him.

    Perception:
    Roll(1d20)+4:
    16,+4
    Total:20

    AC: 17
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88

    Only weapons he has are his claws right now. No spells used yet...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2900
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 am

    What did Ghost see when he turned around?

    Sponsored content

    Re: And whither then? I cannot say.

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:58 pm