Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    OoG Discussion

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:29 pm

    trouble7332 wrote:Not sure how it will effect, but if there is a way to clear Nok out but leave the group intact, I should be able to land up to 11hits on my next turn. If there is any kind of bonus attack someone can press on me, then I could hit do that twice in one turn. I just want to get Nok out of the blast zone. I can still navigate 8 hits if he's still in there, but I need as many of them within 5feet of the initial hit without our comrades in a 5ft connecting space from the arrow hit.


    sounds like a plan!

    Nok will Disengage and clear out of there so Ara and Cyc can bomb the area
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:25 pm

    Nok told me to it's easy to get in over your head when you are only 3ft tall. Getting in trouble is Nok's speciality Twisted Evil
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm

    I can heal at a range of 60 ft as a bonus action, no problem. Just remind me you need it.

    I can also supplement AoE and provide direct damage fire support against spellcasters or key targets.

    As you've seen, my blast cantrips also move enemies and trigger attacks of opportunity as a result, which means I can activate extra attacks for you up front melee guys.

    You have a Targeting suggestion for healing, damage, or and AoO pull/push - CALL IT OUT, that is what Quxx is built to do, stand back and provide fire/heal support!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:50 pm

    MAS wrote:I can heal at a range of 60 ft as a bonus action, no problem. Just remind me you need it.

    I can also supplement AoE and provide direct damage fire support against spellcasters or key targets.

    As you've seen, my blast cantrips also move enemies and trigger attacks of opportunity as a result, which means I can activate extra attacks for you up front melee guys.

    You have a Targeting suggestion for healing, damage, or and AoO pull/push - CALL IT OUT, that is what Quxx is built to do, stand back and provide fire/heal support!

    Heal Nox, please
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:51 pm

    lol!


    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 43
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Whitey on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:56 pm

    MAS wrote: that is what Quxx is built to do, stand back and provide fire/heal support!

    But is he built to take his turns in a timely manner!? Sleep
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:59 pm

    Whitey wrote:
    MAS wrote: that is what Quxx is built to do, stand back and provide fire/heal support!

    But is he built to take his turns in a timely manner!? Sleep

    affraid

    scratch

    lol!
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm

    That's a player problem not a character problem, wrong department. Wink
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 213
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Josef909 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm

    Fyi Matt, AoOs aren't triggered by an enemy simply going out of melee range. They need to use their movement, action, or reaction to do so. Many spells and cantrips change enemy placement without triggering opportunity attacks.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

    Josef909 wrote:Fyi Matt, AoOs aren't triggered by an enemy simply going out of melee range.  They need to use their movement, action, or reaction to do so.  Many spells and cantrips change enemy placement without triggering opportunity attacks.

    Good catch, rule P195 PHB supporting your point:

    "You can avoid provoking an opportunity attack by
    taking the Disengage action. You also don’t provoke an
    opportunity attack when you teleport or when someone
    or something moves you without using your movement,
    action, or reaction. For example, you don’t provoke an
    opportunity attack if an explosion hurls you out of a foe’s
    reach or if gravity causes you to fall past an enemy."


    I'll have to find other ways to make that movement useful. Hopefully, the battlefields continue to have wells to drop people in, lol!


    Dumb rule though. Breaking contact without covering your ass either does or doesn't leave an opening. My 2 cents, YMMV.
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 213
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Josef909 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:12 pm

    It is still worthwhile to create space for allies to move into, I suppose. Additionally, a gm might rule that being slammed into a wall would incur damage
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:23 pm

    Josef909 wrote:It is still worthwhile to create space for allies to move into, I suppose.  Additionally, a gm might rule that being slammed into a wall would incur damage

    Yeah, I was just excited to use it as a cheap buff for the party's action economy. Rest assured I'll find another hack!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 am

    Sending 1 enemy flying into another is a good trick, pulling them off a ledge like we have on this map, into a fire or other hazaard.... still lots of great uses for telekinetics!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 am

    EDIT: nevermind. I found Celestial patron in Xanathar's Guide.

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 am

    Wasn't on my laptop and could not find it in a web resource last night, and just wanted to get the post up. I'll try to backfill that stuff into my sheet if I get some time.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

    Chris wrote:Sending 1 enemy flying into another is a good trick, pulling them off a ledge like we have on this map, into a fire or other hazaard....  still lots of great uses for telekinetics!

    All good stuff, there is no shortage of creative/utility crunches- as you saw with my first use to put an enemy into the open well. My intent was also to trigger mechanical crunches - but I have not devoted the focus/time required to really cement the concept.
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  trouble7332 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 am

    Somebody blast this mucker in front of me...he can't have much left. Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:31 am

    A potential approach to game mechanics for telekinetic movement attacks:

    Operating assumptions =

    The movement ends the target adjacent to space with a "hard surface" (stone, metal, ice, et all)

    Telekinetic movement equals the rate/speed of "falling"

    Being picked up bodily and thrown against something is at least the equivalent of being punched or kicked.

    Existing mechanics that can be utilized to support the desired effect

    Unarmed strike: 1d4 dmg
    Falling: 1d6 dmg per 10ft


    We end up with =

    1d4 bludgeoning for a 5ft move against a hard surface (stone, ice, metal, et all)
    1d6 for a 10ft move against a hard surface (stone, ice, metal, et all)

    I could see this best being offered as a feat.

    It allows you to use a pull/push cantrip as a bonus action but requires a second attack roll. With a hit, the caster could choose to inflict the damage appropriate to the range of the throw or inflict the "prone" condition on the target.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:55 am

    I agree that it would require a feat to add "falling" damage to the push\pull. The spell description doesn't describe the speed of the push\pull but since there is no bonus damage, I have to assume that the movement is so slow it does not cause any damage by itself. LIke Rob said, off a cliff or into a fire would be a different matter.

    A feat would be a cool option. I could even see the feat giving you the option of double distance moved or increased speed (to cause damage or prone)

    another way to look at it is that at 5th level, the damage of the spell increases, so you could re-color the extra damage to be increased speed or something, I suppose. Or maybe you could trade the extra die of damage for a chance to inflict 'prone' though they should get a save since its still only a cantrip.

    PF has several spells of 1st and higher that do the same thing - Force Push, Force Wave (I forget all the names) where you make a CMD opposed roll to bull rush or knock over the target with your force spell
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 am

    Multiclass with Sorcerer. In 5e, metamagic is closely tied-in with the sorcerer class. While a feat is a good idea, Sorlock will probably get you more mileage for your "force push" spells.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 pm

    Chris wrote:I agree that it would require a feat to add "falling" damage to the push\pull.  The spell description doesn't describe the speed of the push\pull but since there is no bonus damage, I have to assume that the movement is so slow it does not cause any damage by itself.  LIke Rob said, off a cliff or into a fire would be a different matter.

    A feat would be a cool option.  I could even see the feat giving you the option of double distance moved or increased speed (to cause damage or prone)

    another way to look at it is that at 5th level, the damage of the spell increases, so you could re-color the extra damage to be increased speed or something, I suppose.  Or maybe you could trade the extra die of damage for a chance to inflict 'prone' though they should get a save since its still only a cantrip.

    PF has several spells of 1st and higher that do the same thing - Force Push, Force Wave (I forget all the names) where you make a CMD opposed roll to bull rush or knock over the target with your force spell

    I like those variations - I think perhaps PF is where my inspiration is coming from?
    I'll take a look at Sorceror, thanks.





    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

    whit10 wrote:Drusus will casually move to N-10 and hit the last froggy with a Fire Bolt (hopefully he actually does something this time)


    you used all your hot dice in the multiverse game staying on the back of that helicopter Twisted Evil



    @Matt - Nok is fine for now
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 pm

    Chris wrote:
    @Matt - Nok is fine for now

    Cool, saw the cyc covered him. Quxx still has 2 "Healing Light" dice for bonus actioning a ranged heal, but I figured I'd save them for later, as that pool only refreshes after a long rest.

    I'll try to shadow the party's main body a bit closer, but I am also trying to stay away from Cyc/Whitey so that both of our healers don't go down in a single AoE/debuff burst.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 pm

    MAS wrote:
    I'll try to shadow the party's main body a bit closer, but I am also trying to stay away from Cyc/Whitey so that both of our healers don't go down in a single AoE/debuff burst.

    Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa Twisted Evil
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:35 am

    Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    I'll try to shadow the party's main body a bit closer, but I am also trying to stay away from Cyc/Whitey so that both of our healers don't go down in a single AoE/debuff burst.

    Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa Twisted Evil

    You are not supposed read this quit cheating, lol!
    Wink
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:11 pm

    Nok is happy to do his job and scout ahead in stealth. Nok can move through enemy spaces and not provoke AoO, so he is ideal as a skirmisher.

    but we need to get Ara up and reform our ranks first so we don't rush in and get jumped again
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 4016
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  whit10 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:39 pm

    ...and sending someone behind Nok that is harder to hit (or takes less damage) might also be an idea...
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:08 pm

    Ara moving just behind nok is a good idea - he is also stealthy and can lay down cover fire if nok needs to break contact.

    Let's let the sneaky guys do their thing!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 pm

    spoiler warning


    Millenium Falcon toy with minor spoiler



    Solo spoiler:

    anyone notice the different shape of the Millenium Falcon  in the Solo trailers?

    I didn't notice until I saw the toy at Walmart it's the "Kessel Run" version

    http://fanfest.com/2018/02/15/toy-box-hasbros-new-solo-action-figures/
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 43
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Whitey on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:19 pm

    I probably should have checked this thread before declaring my turn, but I didn't want us stuck in another bottle neck. Nok can slide past me on his turn if he wants to scout further into the cave.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:50 pm

    Chris wrote:spoiler warning


    Millenium Falcon toy with minor spoiler



    Solo spoiler:

    anyone notice the different shape of the Millenium Falcon  in the Solo trailers?

    I didn't notice until I saw the toy at Walmart it's the "Kessel Run" version

    http://fanfest.com/2018/02/15/toy-box-hasbros-new-solo-action-figures/

    Noticed the visual difference, figured the panels had been stripped off over time...will be interested to see the story behind it.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:51 pm

    Whitey wrote:I probably should have checked this thread before declaring my turn, but I didn't want us stuck in another bottle neck. Nok can slide past me on his turn if he wants to scout further into the cave.

    No worries, I think the stealth approach is kind of shot, what with the flying, burning corpse thing that is happening now.
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 43
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Whitey on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:00 pm

    Bbq frog legs. Yum.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:spoiler warning


    Millenium Falcon toy with minor spoiler



    Solo spoiler:

    anyone notice the different shape of the Millenium Falcon  in the Solo trailers?

    I didn't notice until I saw the toy at Walmart it's the "Kessel Run" version

    http://fanfest.com/2018/02/15/toy-box-hasbros-new-solo-action-figures/

    Noticed the visual difference, figured the panels had been stripped off over time...will be interested to see the story behind it.

    spoiler:
    the toy describes it as escape pod, which also sounds like a good story
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am



    Nicole and I are separating and I am moving out - though Nicole and I are going to continue counseling together (a lot of context to this I would rather catch you up on in person/phone than over internet). Feel pretty settled about it. Staying here in town tonight because I have an obligation tomorrow morning then down with my folks for the weekend. Will figure the rest out next week.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

    Good luck Matt! I am in town this weekend, with an ear to lend and shoulder to lean on.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:34 am

    Robyo wrote:Good luck Matt! I am in town this weekend, with an ear to lend and shoulder to lean on.

    Thanks Rob - we should link up on Sunday. What are your plans?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:57 am

    Matt, I am home with the boys all weekend and would love to just chat and catch up with you
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 am

    Infinity War is incredible, but a bit heavy for kids
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am

    Chris wrote:Matt, I am home with the boys all weekend and would love to just chat and catch up with you


    Thanks, sounds good, I'll call tomorrow afternoon/evening.

    Infinity war sounds like a good plan, too...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:26 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Good luck Matt! I am in town this weekend, with an ear to lend and shoulder to lean on.

    Thanks Rob - we should link up on Sunday. What are your plans?

    Home stuff during the day. Starfinder at 6pm. New players are welcome, if you are interested.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:09 am

    a good laugh for Monday morning

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKWuoZyL_M

    safe for work cheers
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2614
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  MAS on Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm

    Chris wrote:a good laugh for Monday morning

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKWuoZyL_M

    safe for work cheers

    ROFL! Silly fun.

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 3005
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  navyik on Fri May 04, 2018 1:34 pm

    For clarification, when a flaming sphere rams into a creature, does the sphere remain adjacent, or should it occupy the same space, engulfing the target creature?  (I am not arguing for either, but I don't want to assume that the current map is correct and plan based on a mechanism that could change).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 pm

    Since the flaming sphere "rams" it's target, I would say it is solid, and thus can only occupy an open space. When ramming, it stays in the adjacent space.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 3005
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  navyik on Fri May 04, 2018 10:10 pm

    Cool. Like I said, I just wanted a clear mechanic to plan. Thanks. bom
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5692
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Chris on Mon May 07, 2018 10:26 am

    hey all,

    We are going to Universal Studies in FL for a week. We leave Tue night to go to Denver and fly out Wed morning, gone to the following Wed. I will have my tablet, but my attention won't be on the game, sorry.

    Nok will probably be safer in someone else's hands. Feel free to move him to the back or the front, as he would prefer.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3261
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Robyo on Mon May 07, 2018 8:24 pm

    I will let you guys decide who runs Nok. You don't want me doing it, trust me.

    Nok remains "on the board," and so, is still a target. He might as well be doing something to add to the team effort.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 3005
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  navyik on Mon May 07, 2018 9:01 pm

    Nok removes all of his treasure from his pack and gives it to Leirthal.
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 213
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Josef909 on Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 pm

    Have a bunch of fun, Chris!

    Sponsored content

    Re: OoG Discussion

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 pm