Chris
trouble7332
8 posters

OoG Discussion

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: OoG Discussion

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:41 am

Hey guys, my computer crapped out on me. I ordered a new one, but it might be a minute before I'm up to speed with it. Sorry for the delay.

If someone else wants to run something in the interim, that's cool.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 am

Bummer dude.  Sorry to hear that.  I use my phone.  Not great for DMing, but you could probably still play if someone else runs one.  Maybe it's time to expose Joe to multiclass characters...

Hurry back Rob. This is a fun campaign.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 am

navyik wrote:Bummer dude.  Sorry to hear that.  I use my phone.  Not great for DMing, but you could probably still play if someone else runs one.  Maybe it's time to expose Joe to multiclass characters...

Hurry back Rob.  This is a fun campaign.

Thanks man! I'm having fun too! You have a bunch of memorable characters. Good party!

Alan, if you ever want to play some face-to-face tabletop, we live in the same town, so the invitation still stands. Smile

Last edited by Robyo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks, Rob!  I have been enjoying this game a lot and especially all the personalities\characters.

I am happy to be either a player or GM.

If nobody else wants to run something, I would offer the following options:

1)  Wasteland survival (Minecraft, lol) - no\low gear survival game, 1 death and out

2)  Seafaring Fantasy - using "Seafaring in 5e".   The party would be an established crew on a smaller ship like a Cog or a Junk.  You can choose your style of seafaring: explorers, pirates, merchants, privateers, etc.  Aether-powered fantasy world, so larger ships need less crew and more magic-tech options.  Also see "Kaladash" book for Aether stuff.  mid level builds (8th?), multiclassing allowed

https://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JxObgcSWyA3vnlclSg7DhrrbTUoZksdq/view

3)  Sci-fi?  I haven't read much of Starfinder, but we could check it out or just re-skin 5e to space.

4) I can continue my planes-hopping game that had Rob, Alan and Josh.  It would take a bit of explaining to get everyone else on board, but that's doable.  No world-building needed, the world is done now.

5)  open to suggestions?

again, also happy to be player but I just want to keep some game going.  other GMs?  Mike, Joe, Alan?

*EDIT* I would also be happy to do map-making for another GM, like I did with Rob (if that was a concern)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:19 pm

"Yar, it's drivin me nuts."

Actually, I've always wanted to play a campaign that was seafaring. I don't believe we've ever done that. It gets my vote
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 am

Yo ho ho and a bottle of brass monkey. I vote for 5e pirates
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am

Hmmm... I've never gotten to play Cap'n Sutter Hawkes on an Actual ship...
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue86/98OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue11/11OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 am

Our tabletop game had 2 or 3 sessions on a ship in open water and it was pretty fun. I'd be into that for a bit.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 am

4 votes for Seafaring
    1 vote for pirates

what level you guys want? I don't care, but I was thinking mid level, like maybe 8th, so you can play with some multiclass crunches

I will get some world info up this week with lore, maps, your ship etc. All races are open, including the UA, Kaladash and Eberron ones, though it is a custom world. I will likely re-skin a few of the races as well, but it is just cultural\appearance changes, not mechanical (stats) ones.

again, it is a fantasy world with aether (refined magic) powered tech, though it is limited enough to still seem as special as a magic item
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am

Sounds really fun. If I might make a request? Can we keep it as close to the 5e source material as possible? I love playing and have gotten pretty knowledgeable with the phb, but I likely won’t have a ton of extra time to hunt through compendiums. I think Mike B will likely be in the same boat. (Haha, get it? Same boat!?)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Whitey wrote:Sounds really fun. If I might make a request? Can we keep it as close to the 5e source material as possible? I love playing and have gotten pretty knowledgeable with the phb, but I likely won’t have a ton of extra time to hunt through compendiums. I think Mike B will likely be in the same boat. (Haha, get it? Same boat!?)

I understand.   Everything in the PHB is viable.  The rest is really just extra if someone wants to go there, but it is not required by any means.  For example, if Josh said he wants to play a Goliath, I am not going to say no, but nobody has to play a Goliath.  All the PHB races and classes are available.  

The 5e seafaring book has the rules for naval combat that is more for the GM to understand and players just for what they can do on a ship.  

You make a good point, though, so I have an idea that I think will work given the seafaring flavor:

Everyone starts in the same "Fantasy" world (so no Aether-tech), like what is known as typical D&D in the PHB, as an established crew with your own boat.  Since you are on a boat, through the course of the story, the party will discover a new area of the realm.  That way, you don't need to know a lot to start and you get to explore something new together.  The newness will be largely NPCs, locations and enemies so you don't have to study it up front.

Is that agreeable to all?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:44 pm

What the hell's a Goliath? Does he always get killed by a scrawny guy named David?

I'm hedging towards Rogue...

Totally fine with everything else... I vote for mid-range as well (just to be able to do some of the higher level stuff).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

whit10 wrote:What the hell's a Goliath?  Does he always get killed by a scrawny guy named David?

I'm hedging towards Rogue...

Totally fine with everything else... I vote for mid-range as well (just to be able to do some of the higher level stuff).

just an example of a race from one of the other books lol!
    they are basically just tall dwarves, very hardy, etc

**EDIT**

maybe that wasn't clear? let me explain it this way

Build your character out of the PHB (other races optional)

you will discover the Kaladash (aether-tech) book in the story
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Crystal clear. Thanks. I’m leaning towards a Dragonborn monk with some magic multi-class, maybe a sorcerer.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:16 pm

That'll work. I'll get something made up tonight, probably
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Can we do this a little higher level? 3-5 is getting kind of old. We usually star there and only level up once or twice before the campaign fizzles...
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 pm

I think we’re starting at 8th?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm