Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    1: Ilyana's Plight

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

    You arrive in Harkenwold in the middle of the day. It's a broad, lightly settled valley between two arms of the Harken Forest. You haven't traveled more than a mile or two into the valley before trouble appears.



    Rounding a bend in the road, you spy a pillar of smoke climbing into the clear blue sky. The source, hidden by rolling hills, is roughly a mile along a dirt track that intersects the road.

    Starting with this map, your characters are in the SE corner of the road, heading westward. Please determine your starting locations/party order.


    The rising column of smoke is still a ways down the intersecting path.

    Embankment: This steep 5' high dirt road embankment is difficult terrain.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am

    Robyo wrote:
    If Chris wants to add coordinates to the gridded map, that might help.

    Please post your starting position (SE corner of the road), along with your character's statblock and a picture.

    Adventure on!

    tech committee cheers



    @Josh, @Alan and @Trouble - let me know if you want your positions adjusted, but since you already posted a picture, I just went ahead and made you tokens

    @ Joe, Whitey - I will make you tokens as soon as you get pics posted for your characters
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:09 pm

    Nok Stumbletoe
    HP:  24
    AC: 15
    PP:  13

    stat block is also

















    <-------
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3934
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:41 pm

    Drusus' position is just fine.

    I'll have his gear done today and I'll be ready to go
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:38 am

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic




    Bru tends to take the lead in most travel and combat situations unless he is instructed otherwise.  Starting out at F15 is good.


    Last edited by Josef909 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:53 am

    The party advances down the road.


    This is what I have so far. Put Rip up front with Bru, hope that's okay. Mage is in the rear, apparently.

    If everyone is ready to roll, how about some initiative?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

    map updated





    Nok initiative

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    9 + 4 = 13

    Chris wrote:Nok Stumbletoe
    HP: 24
    AC: 15
    PP: 13

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3934
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm

    Drusus (not mounted on his horse for now)

    Initiative:
    Roll(1d20)+1:
    8,+1
    Total:9

    AC: 18
    Initiative: +1
    Prof. Bonus: +2
    Movement: 30’
    Saves: Strength and Constitution
    HP: 28


    Last edited by whit10 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 pm

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" : 12 + 2 = 14
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2920
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:55 pm

    Leirthal The Magnificent

    AC 13 (15 arcane deflection)
    Hp 20/20

    Passive perception 13
    Passive investigation 15
    Passive insight 13

    Initiative +6
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

    12 + 6 = 18 initiative

    Position is fine thanks.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 pm

    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)
    4-Nok (13)
    5-Drusus (9)
    ----------------
    Ara-?
    Rip-?

    Leirthal may act first. You aren't in combat, this is just turn-taking at the moment.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:03 pm

    just for clarification - the smoke would be up the path on column 12?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:15 pm

    Chris wrote:just for clarification - the smoke would be up the path on column 12?

    Correct. Or at least in that direction.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2920
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 pm

    Leirthal The Magnificent

    AC 16 mage armor (18 arcane deflection)
    Hp 20/20

    Passive perception 13
    Passive investigation 15
    Passive insight 13

    Leirthal moves to G-17 hoping to see better. "Probably a farmer's burn pile. It's none of our concern...".

    Leirthal has no intention of going first up the path if that is what the party does. Still, he casts mage armor for good measure.
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm

    ARA
    HP: 25 (1d10)
    AC: 14

    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +3
    Archery: +2 all ranged weapons

    Passive Percept: 12
    Darkvision 60'

    Saves: STR (+3) DEX (+5) CON (+1) WIS (+2)
    (Advantage on all saving throws against charm and no sleep spells)

    Initiative: 1d20+3
    5+3=8
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 pm

    Leirthal magnificently moves up behind Ara.


    I added Drusus' warhorse WidowMaker. Josh said he is dismounted for now, so the horse is walking behind Drusus. Does he hold the reins?

    Twenty yards or so down the direction of the path, the party can hear rough voices laughing, a few that are shouting, and taunting.

    The origin of the smoke is further off, perhaps thirty yards down the path.

    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)
    4-Nok (13)
    5-Drusus (9)
    6-Ara (8 )
    ----------------
    Rip-?

    Bru is up.
    Nok on deck.

    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 pm

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic

    Bru tilts his head to get a clearer listen at the sounds, but it is clear to him that where there is a taunter, there must also be a tauntee.  He has a natural instinct to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

    He turns back to the group and points up the path. "Not burn pile. Sounds like trouble over there.  You can stay here, or you can come with me.  I'm going to the trouble."

    Bru continues at their current pace and will turn up the path towards the voices, readying his shield with a hand on his axe.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:19 am

    Josef909 wrote:
    Bru tilts his head to get a clearer listen at the sounds, but it is clear to him that where there is a taunter, there must also be a tauntee.  He has a natural instinct to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

    He turns back to the group and points up the path. "Not burn pile. Sounds like trouble over there.  You can stay here, or you can come with me.  I'm going to the trouble."

    Bru continues at their current pace and will turn up the path towards the voices, readying his shield with a hand on his axe.

    Sounds good, but let's break it down mechanically. Your character gets a move and an action on your turn. Does Bru actively listen? Then make a Perception check (action phase). Then he still gets one move. In 5e you can break up your movement if you wish (move, attack, move, attack, etc). If you skip the perception check, then Bru can make a double move instead. You could also try to be stealthy. Or not.
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 am

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic

    30' movement puts Bru at C-12 where he will actively listen. He is not purposefully moving stealthily.

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" : 19 + 2 = 21 for a perception check
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:56 am



    Bru sees human brigands and a pair of wolves surrounding a farmhouse. The humans all wear black cloaks with a gray ring device.



    They're preparing pitch-soaked torches, laughing and taunting whoever's inside.


    They've already burned a small outbuilding- the source of the smoke column.


    The wolves notice Bru approach.


    They growl a warning and the brigands turn to face the onlooker (they had been focused on the farmhouse). One of them scowls and waves his arm. "Move on, you!” he snarls. "This is Iron Circle business!"

    From inside the farmhouse, you hear a woman's voice shout angrily. "Business? It looks like robbery and murder to me!"

    Nok is up.
    Drusus on deck.

    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)
    4-Nok (13)
    5-Drusus (9)
    6-Ara (8 )
    ----------------
    Rip-?


    *Cleared map included for Chris to mess with:


    Features of the Area
    Illumination: Bright light-this encounter takes place during daylight.
    Burned Outbuilding: The thatch roof of this storage shed is burned away, and the walls are charred and weakened.
    Farmhouse: The windows are shuttered, and the door is barred.
    Embankment: This steep, dirt road embankment is difficult terrain.
    Tree: The square occupied by the tree's trunk is impassable but provides cover.  
    Wall: The fieldstone wall stands 4 feet high and provides cover against attacks that cross it. It costs 10 ft. of movement to cross the wall.
    Well: This 15-foot-deep well is surrounded by a low stone wall. Climbing out of the well is difficult.
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm

    Cyc is in the heezy

    Cyclone Chinook
    HP 25/25
    AC: 17
    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative Bonus: +1

    STR: 13 (+1)
    DEX: 13 (+1)
    CON: 14 (+2)
    INT: 10 (+0)
    WIS: 16 (+3)
    CHR: (10 (+0)

    Saves:
    WIS: (+5)
    CHR: (+2)

    Initiative:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

    5 + 1 = 6
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 pm

    sorry for the delay in mapping, the boys' cousin had a snow mobiling\sleding birthday party today, git yer redneck on!


    Nok will use his Cunning action to Hide

    Stealth check

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    19,+7
    Total:26

    Suspect

    Nok will use a Move and Dash to sneak around the tree and staying low, hug the stone wall to K-21

    map is updated with baddies and Cyc

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am

    Cyc looks like a badass! Map looks great! Might want to add the warhorse, tho.

    Nok sneaks around the perimeter. He's quiet as a mouse (FYI, wolves get advantage on hearing and scent Perception checks).

    Drusus is up.
    Ara on deck.

    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)
    4-Nok (13)
    5-Drusus (9)
    6-Ara (8 )
    7-Cyc (6)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 pm

    I will add the war horse in the next update, sorry
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3934
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:50 pm

    Drusus will cast Longstrider to increase his movement by 10'

    Draws his sword and moves to Q-14

    AC: 18
    Initiative: +1
    Prof. Bonus: +2
    Movement: 40’
    Saves: Strength and Constitution


    Last edited by whit10 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 pm

    Drusus confidently strides up behind Bru.

    Ara is up.
    Cyc on deck.

    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)
    4-Nok (13)
    5-Drusus (9)
    6-Ara (8 )
    7-Cyc (6)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:39 pm

    Quxx initiative:

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

    13 + 1 = 14

    Starting position: S-18
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 am



    Despite the warning to move on, the party closes in on the farmhouse.


    I guess the warhorse is just hanging out on the road? I put Quxx on the board. Switched out Rip to Cyc. I also replaced the mini for Leirthal as one holding a book (instead of a staff). Sorry not all the minis are super accurate to your character's descriptions. Use your imaginations I guess.

    Ara is up.
    Cyc on deck.

    Round 1
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)

    Quxx can go after Cyc this round, then he'll be 4th in round 2..
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:52 am

    ARA
    HP: 25/25 (1d10)
    AC: 14
    Passive Percept: 14
    Speed: 35 feet
    Saves: STR (+3) DEX (+5) CON (+1) WIS (+2)
    (Advantage on all saving throws against charm and no sleep spells)

    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +2
    Archery: +2 all ranged weapons
    Darkvision 60'

    Spell save DC: 12
    Spell attack bonus: +4
    Slots: 3/3 L1


    Ara nocks a bow, then hustles directly west on the road to T11. He is smart enough not to raise the bow, but prepares to let loose while maintaining a good view west down the road as well as keeping an eye on the tree lines so that the left flank is tended to.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 am

    map is updated

    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 181
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 am

    Cyc

    HP 25/25
    AC: 17
    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative Bonus: +1

    Saves:
    WIS: (+5)
    CHR: (+2)

    Cyc will Dash and take his full movement to advance to M13, using the wall for cover but keeping his line of sight open into the eastern half of the keep. He calls out to the brigands in his best NCO voice "That's enough out of you lot. Clear out of here and take yer mangy mutts with ya."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 am

    trouble7332 wrote:Ara nocks a bow, then hustles directly west on the road to T11. He is smart enough not to raise the bow, but prepares to let loose while maintaining a good view west down the road as well as keeping an eye on the tree lines so that the left flank is tended to.
    FYI, the embankment is 5' high. Ara can see over it, but he doesn't have line of sight to the goons beyond the wall.

    Cyc moves up to the fieldstone wall. It is 4' high, but as a dwarf, Cyc doesn't need to crouch too much to gain cover. In response to Cyc's order, there is laughter, some hearty, some nervous.

    Quxx is up (end of round).
    Lerithal on deck.
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 am

    Hey, didn't catch the part about the embankment. Can I use my action to dash to Q9 so I have clear sight. Apologies, rookie mistake.

    Also, what is the height of the walls of the smaller building on the SW corner of the property? I;m assuming at least 7-8 ft high, so there's no clear line of sight over it.

    Ni am verime sorrime - (I am very sorry)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:28 am

    map updated

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:02 pm

    The companions continue to close-in on the farmstead.


    The smaller building in the SW corner appears to be a shed. It is 8' tall, with a thatched roof, and sides made of fieldstone, like the perimeter wall. No windows.

    In Ara's case, it does obscure LoS on 3 of the foes (to the west/left side of the stick on the map).



    Quxx is up (end of round).
    Lerithal on deck.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 pm

    Quxx
    HP: 18/18
    AC: 17
    Passive Perception: 12
    Prof Bonus: +2
    Fire resistance
    Spell Slots, 2nd Lvl: 2




    Quxx scrambles up over the embankment then strides towards the villa, ending his movement at N-18.

    He unleashes a GRASPING Eldritch Blast (Eldritch Blast may pull targets 10 feet towards you) against the merc bandit at H-19, attempting to pull him 10 ft forward into the well!

    Eldritch Blast
    Evocation

    Level: Cantrip
    Casting time: 1 Action
    Range: 120 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage.

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    14 + 5 = 19


    dmg if hits:

    Result of the throw of dice "1d10" :

    6



    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm

    Quxx gets in first blood with a successful hit! The brigand is damaged and pulled to the well.

    I don't really know about Grasping ability, can you post? I expect the brigand gets a Dex save to avoid falling in the well.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

    in Matt's game, my Warlock used the other version that pushes an enemy 10ft away if it hits.  There is no save vs the push\pull, but I agree about a save vs an environmental danger in the new square.

    map updated

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm

    It was listed in the 5e character builder, I'll have to hunt down what splatbook it is in.

    Its counterpart, as Chris mentioned, simply states =

    "When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push
    the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line."

    I think giving the creature a save to avoid falling in the well is fair. I'm using the effect for an environmental manipulation that is not part of the spell text.

    Spell DC is 13.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 pm

    Xanathar's guide

    GRASP or HADAR
    Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
    Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature
    with your eldritcli blast, you can move that creature in a
    straight line 10 feet closer to you.


    (Thanks, was away from the computer. - Matt)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2920
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:33 pm

    Leirthal The Magnificent

    AC 13 (15 arcane deflection)
    Hp 20/20

    Passive perception 13
    Passive investigation 15
    Passive insight 13

    I'm assuming that the tree to which Leirthal is adjacent is some sort of deciduous tree and that Leirthal can stand under it and still see.  With that assumption, Leirthal moves to Q-21 behind the trunk.

    Leirthal's cloak billows in the wind as he whispers ancient incantations.  He casts SLEEP as a 2nd level spell centered on H-13

    Result of the throw of dice "7d8" :

    5 + 8 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 35 hit points of sleep

    20' radius
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm

    MAS wrote:Quxx scrambles up over the embankment then strides towards the villa, ending his movement at N-18.
    Chris, please put Quxx at N-18 (he is currently at M-19, and wouldn't have had enough movement to get there.)

    Another stickler's point: since Quxx is (slightly) angled from the brigand, would he still be pulled towards the well? Yes, but not directly. I will go with the cinematic option and vote that the poor sap gets close enough for it to be a problem (however slight angles is something to consider when Quxx tries that power again).

    DEX Save is DC 13. I'm not using Quxx spell save, it's DM adjudicated, but DC 13 seems fair. He gets a 12 and falls into the well! It's 20 feet down. There is water at the bottom, he lands with a splash.

    Round 2
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)

    Leirthal moves up by the tree seeking cover. He casts sleep, sending the brigand at H-14 and the wolf at I-15 falling down into a snooze.




    Seeing how they are under attack, the brigands react with violence.

    Brigand at H-17 has a burning torch he moves over to G-18 by the farmhouse and lights the thatch roof on fire. There are screams of horror from inside the house as the roof lights up.

    Brigand at I-16 fires his hand crossbow at Quxx, but misses. He draws his scimitar and runs up to the wall at L-16. "Come get some!" he cries. Nobody crosses the Iron Circle!"

    Brigand at D-12 also wields a burning torch (he'd just set the outhouse on fire) and moves over to the farmhouse at D-14 and lights the roof on fire.

    Brigand at F-11 moves over to her sleeping comrade at G-14 and wakes him by kicking him. She has movement remaining and goes to the sleeping wolf at H-15.

    The sleeper was prone and uses half his movement to stand up. He's groggy, but manages to move up to K-14 and fire his crossbow at Cyc. The dwarf has 3/4 cover crouching behind the wall, and the brigand misses. He reloads.

    The wolf (that's still awake) runs up to K-12 and lets out a vicious growl.




    Bru is up.
    Quxx on deck.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:04 pm

    map updated

    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 pm

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic
    Battleaxe: +5tohit, 1d8/1d10(2handed) + 3
    Handaxe: +5tohit (+4 if thrown), 1d6 + 3 (+2 if thrown), 20'/60'
    Javelin: +4tohit,  1d6 + 2, 30'120'


    Bru moves to K-15, shield in one hand and battleaxe in the other.  He takes a swing at brigand K-14.
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 11 + 5 = 16
    If that hits, he deals Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +3" : 2 + 3 = 5 damage.

    He shouts out to the two torch-bearing to flee as he flexes.  "Your mischief will cost you dearly. Your only hope, now, is to run."

    I'm working up in the mountains through Sunday, but am able to check up daily.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm

    I'm not sure how Bru made it to K-15. It costs 10' movement to cross the wall or closed gate.

    He can still make his attack at the brigand at K-14, but his placement needs to be different.
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:54 pm

    Copy that. Rush job from my hotel between shifts. That'll do
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:29 am

    What is Bru 's position?
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 152
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:39 am

    L15
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3225
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am

    Josef909 wrote:L15
    That works.

    And everyone please be aware we are using the optional flanking rules in DMG p. 251.

    When a creature and at least one of it's allies are adjacent to an enemy and on opposite sides or corners of the enemy space, they flank the enemy, and each of them has advantage on melee attack rolls against the enemy.

    And we are using diagonally adjacent squares for combat, spell effects, and movement.


    Quxx is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

    map is updated




    quick question for the GM - I assume the circled items are doors\gates?



    I believe you said the exterior one, like the one by Bru and Cyc is a gate

    Sponsored content

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:47 am