Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    1: Ilyana's Plight

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3937
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 pm

    just a 5' step forward for now. Thanks
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 am

    HP: 25/25 (1d10)
    AC: 14
    Passive Percept: 14
    Speed: 35 feet
    Saves: STR (+3) DEX (+5) CON (+1) WIS (+2)
    (Advantage on all saving throws against charm and no sleep spells)

    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +2
    Archery: +2 all ranged weapons
    Darkvision 60'

    Spell save DC: 12
    Spell attack bonus: +4
    Slots: 2/3 L1

    Ara take a quick move to M21 so that he has clear sight all along the East side of the wall and past the house to see how Nok is doing. He then eye's the wolf at K16 with his already nocked arrow and let's loose...Ara then immediately nocks a second arrow and releases at the brigand that's within 5 ft of the wolf at L16, chuckles and says - "Ni mel yare te termáre- o-" (I love when they stand together)

    Horde Breaker: Once on each of your turns, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5ft of the original target and within range of your weapon.
    "Death’s Whisper", Longbow +1 Att: (+Cool Dam: (1d8+4) (150/600)

    Attack (wolf at K16) = 1d20+8
    9+8=17
    damage = 1d8+4
    6+4=10

    Attack (brigand L16) = 1d20+8
    13+8=21
    damage = 1d8+4
    2+4=6 Mad

    Ara then takes his final 5 feet to move to the corner of the wall at L21 and nock another arrow, ready to fire at anything hostile coming near Nok thinking "Easime titta er, easime" (easy little one, easy)

    DM question: Do I roll the 1d6 damage against the brigand still wrapped in my ensnaring thorns or do you do that?
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 am

    I always have to remember that the stupid 8 with a closed parenthesis is a smiley face!! That's supposed to be
    (+8 ) not (+Cool
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am

    The quick wood elf moves to the corner of the wall and finishes off the wolf with an arrow. His second arrow strikes the brigand.

    You can roll damage now (or we'll use the average: 3) and it will be applied at the start of the NPC's turn.




    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)


    Cyc is up.


    Leirthal on deck.
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:14 pm

    Cyclone Chinook
    Level 3
    Speed: 25
    HP 25/18
    AC: 17
    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative Bonus: +1
    Passive Perception: 13
    Saves:
    WIS: (+5)
    CHR: (+2)
    Spell Casting Ability: +3
    Spell Save DC: 13
    Spell Attack Bonus: +5
    Spell Capacity: 6
    Spell Slots:
    C:3
    1:4
    2:2/1

    Cyc circles around the singed and yelping wolf to J-12, bashing him on the nose with Wrath of Nimbus in the process. "Yer masters shoulda trained ya better, pup."

    Attack: Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    17 + 4 = 21

    Damage: Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +2" :

    6 + 2 = 8

    Bonus action: Cyclone will redirect his active Gust of Wind spell to the burning out-building at B-9 in an attempt to smother the flames.
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm

    The roll for damage on vine restrained Brigand:

    damage = 1d6
    roll = 4

    "While restrained, the target takes 1d6 piercing damage at the start of each of its turns. A restrained by vines or one that can touch the creature can use its action to make a STR check against your spell save DC. On a success, the target is freed."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 pm

    Cyclone smites to death the filthy cur beside him. He then redirects the wind gust, extinguishing the burning outhouse.

    Round 4
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)


    Leirthal is up.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 pm

    "STAND BACK, he is about do something MAGNIFICENT!"

    Shouts Quxx with a wry grin, waving his arms in mock warning...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:38 am

    map updated (hopefully I followed the action) I added a circle around the restrained brigand

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:06 pm

    "A fool wastes power where it is not necessary," Leirthal grumbles as he trudges martyrly to m-11. It is a dash action, but he doesn't appear to run. "You're letting the other one get away!"
     Leirthal will offer no mercy to bullies.  He pauses casually to leer at the remaining combatant as though debating squishing a bug.  Then he searches for the missing brigand muttering something about deployment of wizards as skirmishers...

    Perception:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    10 + 3 = 13
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:50 pm

    Leirthal dashes across the property to the wall. He peers around for the runaway brigand, but the man is hidden.

    Brigands up:
    Restrained guy takes 4 damage from the viney thorns and expires.

    The guy next to Bru throws down his scimitar and cowers. "I give up! You win! Let me live!"

    Guy in the well tries to climb out again and fails. "Uh fellas? What's happening up there? I could really use a hand! Fellas?"

    The guy who ran away earlier had been hiding behind a tree behind the house. Now he makes a break for it. He dashes down the road, and Nok and Leirthal spot him as he runs out (he ends his move at the top of map marked with red arrow).



    Initiative is over. Congrats! The companions have heartily trounced the brigands. Everyone has one free action they may use as the guy runs off. Anyone armed with a ranged weapon (or spell) that is within range, and within LOS on the deserter, can make an attack.


    You hear the rasping sound of a heavy bolt being drawn back, and the farmhouse door opens. A half-elf woman of middle years steps out. She's carrying a battered old crossbow. Two boys of fifteen or so follow after her. The woman looks around the farm yard,frowning at the bloodshed, and sighs. She nonchalantly sets down the crossbow and picks up a scythe.

    "My thanks, strangers," she says. "Those Iron Circle jackals came to rob us. I barred my door, but they said they'd burn the house down with me and my boys in it, You saved our lives-but who are you?"



    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 am

    (From his position at J-12 Cyc should have LOS to the fleeing brigand)

    Cyc catches Ara's eye and nods his head in the direction of the fleeing brigand. "Put yer overgrown slingshot to good use and drop that rabbit for he finds more of his ilk and brings 'em back, eh?"


    Turning with kinder eyes to the half-elf from the farmhouse, Cyc asks "Are you or the boys injured, lass?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 am

    Leirthal The Magnificent

    AC 16 (18 arcane deflection)
    Hp 20/20

    Passive perception 13
    Passive investigation 15
    Passive insight 13

    Mage armor active 8 hours

    1(4)✓✓
    2(2)✓

    Leirthal moves as much toward his quarry as he can and fires magic missiles (120') at the fleeing bully.

    Result of the throw of dice "3d4 +3" :

    4 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 12 damage

    Leirthal double takes the crossbow, a symbol of the elf woman's parents' failure, but moves on.  "He'll be warning others.  He needs to be... apprehended." This is matter of fact and dispassionate.  Part of Leirthal hopes more will come.  He has the power to deal with them...
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:26 pm

    HP: 25/25 (1d10)
    AC: 14
    Passive Percept: 14
    Speed: 35 feet
    Saves: STR (+3) DEX (+5) CON (+1) WIS (+2)
    (Advantage on all saving throws against charm and no sleep spells)

    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +2
    Archery: +2 all ranged weapons
    Darkvision 60'

    Spell save DC: 12
    Spell attack bonus: +4
    Slots: 3/3 L1 ( 1 , 2 , 3 )

    Ara is already thinking the same thing Cyc is...as usual. Their voices almost overlapping...
    "Ni'll limba him yenya so brings tare at-" (I'll drop him before he brings more back)

    He uses all his movement to get to within LOS (K15 or J14?), takes a deep breath then whispers those sweet words, “taure en´ i´ forgotten, amin yela thee”, narrows his eyes and sails his nocked arrow that suddenly shows three small leaves pushing out from the tip...
    (Brigand looks within 150ft, so it doesn't look like disadvantage)

    "Death’s Whisper", Longbow +1 Att: (+8 ) Dam: (1d8+4) (150/600)
    attack = 1d20 + 8
    13 + 8 = 21

    damage = 1d8 + 4
    3 + 4 = 7


    Ensnaring Strike: 1 bonus action; Self; V; Concentration, up to 1min
    The next time you hit a creature with a weapon attack before this spell ends, a writhing mass of thorny vines appears at the point of impact, and the target must succeed on a STR saving throw or be restrained by the magical vines until the spell ends. A Large or larger creature has advantage on this saving throw. Of the target succeeds on the save, the vines shrivel away. While restrained, the target takes 1d6 piercing damage at the start of each of its turns. A restrained by vines or one that can touch the creature can use its action to make a STR check against your spell save DC. On a success, the target is freed.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:04 pm

    Okay, no need to be dagging it out longer. If we keep with initiative, everyone will be able to act again before the brigand can.

    Once he moved forward and reached his maximum movement, Leirthal would have been in range for his magic missle.

    Ara didn't have line of sight, but he got cued by Cyc, so he moved to gain LOS. Ara hits the runner with his arrow, ensnaring the poor chap (he fails his save). Then Leirthal kills him with magic missile. I guess you could decide to take him prisoner instead, but then you would have three prisoners to feed, instead of two.

    These guys have things. Do you roll the bodies? Take the two prisoners into custody?

    Moving along...

    Whitey wrote:Turning with kinder eyes to the half-elf from the farmhouse, Cyc asks "Are you or the boys injured, lass?"

    She turns to Cyc, "We are fine. My name is Ilyana, and these are my sons Jarek and Jarl. This is our farm. The reavers killed my husband Karthen when they invaded the dale. My boys and I have been trying to get by ever since."
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 157
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:46 pm

    Bru binds the cowardly brogan who offered his surrender, and keeps him on a short leash. Maybe they'll get some information about who these guys are and why they're here, maybe they'll turn him into wolf bait. Only time will tell.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm

    Robyo wrote:

    These guys have things. Do you roll the bodies?

    Take the two prisoners into custody?


    Looks like we have one in the well and one tied up.  

    It is not likely that Leirthal has ever searched for treasure, but he sees the take and knows his cut.  He often let's a trinket or weapons go by without taking a share, (but that is only so he can claim powerful magic items later on without debate).  He never passes up coin, however.  He does intend to start his own tower some day...

    "Nok, Ara," Leirthal says in command. He gestures to the bodies. In elvish, "there should be no trace of them."

    Leirthal averts his gaze from the elf's crossbow.  No need to humiliate the woman by drawing attention to her... state...

    In elvish, "Woman, do you know where these brigands quarter?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:39 pm

    navyik wrote:"Nok, Ara," Leirthal says in command.  He gestures to the bodies.  In elvish, "there should be no trace of them."

    Leirthal averts his gaze from the elf's crossbow.  No need to humiliate the woman by drawing attention to her... state...

    In elvish, "Woman, do you know where these brigands quarter?"

    She looks surprised to see a high elf among her rescuers. "There are not many Llewyrr (High Ones) in the Wold," she replies in common. Mostly just us lowly wood elf types. I am half-human," she scoffs.

    "If I were you, I would avoid Harken Village," she points to the southeast. "There are too many Iron Circle soldiers there. But Albridge should be safe enough."

    She sees the companions' puzzled expression. "I guess you're all new to the Wold?" She sighs. "I will explain. The Iron Circle is full of sellswords and cutthroats who seized Harkenwold over a month ago. They've got Baron Stockmer imprisoned in his own keep, and they've been plundering the land ever since. They say they're collecting taxes, but it's robbery, pure and simple."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 pm

    Leirthal finds the woman's honesty about her unfortunate heritage somewhat disarming. Clearly she is wise; the dominant elven blood showing in her character, no doubt.

    In elvish, "Thankyou. My friend Ara is capable. He will make it look as if these brigands took what they wanted and moved on. You will, of course, want to rethatch quickly."

    Leirthal would have no interest in getting involved, but in the back of his mind something is beginning to occur to him. It would suit him to have this little wold feel beholden to his benevolent magnificence. The best and brightest would travel from miles to study with Leirthal The Magnificent. He would put this place on the map. and I don't like bullies.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:48 pm

    Quxx is rolling the bodies...looking for intel, but inventorying everything as he goes.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 am

    Nok rolls the bodies as well. He is happy to let Quxx look for intel, he is just looking for loot
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am

    Ara makes his way by Llyana and whispers in elvish "don't worry, we'll make sure nothing comes back on you". He then whisper's "and don't mind Mr. high and mighty, things tend to look a little different up on that high horse. Thanks for the information. Anything else we should know?" As he starts to dispose of the bodies, he also takes account of all keepable possessions. "As usual folks, drop the goods in a pile and let's divy it up. And let's try and be quick..."

    As Ara starts disposing of bodies, he makes sure to make an effort to scan the wooded area for any tracks or other signs of anyone/thing that may have not been spotted in the skirmish.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:29 am

    Nok remembers how hard life on the bottom can be, he suggests, "We should give Ilyana a share of the coins to help her and the boys rebuild their farm. They need them far more than we do. And something better than that rusty bolt thrower too."

    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 157
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:49 am

    Bru keeps the brigand on his knees and away from Ilyana. He looks towards his friends and says "Thanks for following me again, guys. Give my share to the farm fund. These troublemakers have nothing for me. Dispose of them as you will, Ara."

    "And what of you," he says as he turns to his captive. "What have you got for me?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 pm

    Quxx and Nok roll the bodies. Does the party also strip the prisoners of their possessions? What about the guy in the well? He may still be trying to get out.

    Altogether there are 6 of each: sets of scale armor, shields, scimitars, hand crossbows (20 bolts each), and black cloaks embroidered with a gray circle. They were carrying a total of 120 silver pieces

    trouble7332 wrote:Ara makes his way by Llyana and whispers in elvish "don't worry, we'll make sure nothing comes back on you". He then whisper's "and don't mind Mr. high and mighty, things tend to look a little different up on that high horse. Thanks for the information. Anything else we should know?" As he starts to dispose of the bodies, he also takes account of all keepable possessions. "As usual folks, drop the goods in a pile and let's divy it up. And let's try and be quick..."

    As Ara starts disposing of bodies, he makes sure to make an effort to scan the wooded area for any tracks or other signs of anyone/thing that may have not been spotted in the skirmish.

    "You seemed to have made short work of these scum." Tears come into her eyes then. "The folk of Harkenwold are ready to rebel-we just need a spark to set things off. I think you should talk to old Reithann, the druid, or maybe Dar Gremath. They'll know what needs doing. Reithann lives in the Druid's Grove to the southwest; you can find Dar just down the road in Albridge. But go carefully." She tries to smile. "I'd wager Baron Stockmer will richly reward you if you drive away the  reavers and free him."


    Chris wrote:Nok remembers how hard life on the bottom can be, he  suggests, "We should give Ilyana a share of the coins to help her and the boys rebuild their farm.  They need them far more than we do.  And something better than that rusty bolt thrower too."

    "Oh thank you! You are most kind. Take care, strangers. My boys and me'll hide those who fell here. With luck, the Iron Circle won't learn what happened here or about you any time soon."


    Josef909 wrote:Bru keeps the brigand on his knees and away from Ilyana.  He looks towards his friends and says "Thanks for following me again, guys.  Give my share to the farm fund.  These troublemakers have nothing for me. Dispose of them as you will, Ara."

    "And what of you," he says as he turns to his captive. "What have you got for me?"

    "Name's Garr. I don't know nothing!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:54 pm

    "We should take the black cloaks for disguises."

    Nok will use his blade to cut one down to his size.


    to Ilyana, "Can you store the weapons and armor? We don't need them, but you might be able to arm some fellow farmers with them."
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:25 pm

    Cyclone doesn't care much for the trappings of wealth or battle trophies. He's rarely bothered about such things when there's Kord's work to be done. By his count only he and Bru took damage in the skirmish. He bumps Leirthal hard enough to make him stumble a bit for giggles on his way to take a look at Bru's wound.

    "What do ya say big fella? Need patchin up or should we let the next batch see ya bleedin as a sign not to be triflin with ya? Couplea nice wolf skins to be had round here now too, might be to yer likin."

    And to Quxx "When you and yer little buddy are done pretending it's holiday mornin unwrappin yer presents, have a look in on that bastard ya dumped into the well. Can't have him pissin in the good lass' water while we dither about up here."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 pm

    In elvish, "Fools." Leirthal says, recovering from the Dwarf oaf's imbalance. "If other brigands come, they will know their friends' belongings and coin.  Give her the copper you already have.  If you must give more, then hide some of your silver from Khundrukar.  There is no point in funding the iron circle through her."

    Then to the woman, "do not spend above your means or recruit talebearers.  If they come again, flee.  Knowing this lot, I can imagine we will somehow end up getting involved... So don't ruin your chances..."

    Leirthal grabs a shortsword if there is one and finds a seat under a tree to use spell recovery.  "Do what manual labor you will.  Leirthal The Magnificent will be prepared for battle.
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:44 pm

    Cyc smirks at Leirthal's obvious irritation and winks at Illyana. "Fancypants over there aint wrong. Play it safe and quiet for now and we'll see what we can do about sortin all this out for ya."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3937
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

    Drusus quietly wraps his cloak over his helmet to better conceal himself (at the mention of wearing cloaks)

    "Farmers make poor soldiers." - to Nok
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:51 pm

    Whitey wrote:
    And to Quxx "When you and yer little buddy are done pretending it's holiday mornin unwrappin yer presents, have a look in on that bastard ya dumped into the well. Can't have him pissin in the good lass' water while we dither about up here."

    Nok rolls his eyes at the opinionated priest. To Quxx, "Every day we are alive IS a holiday to be celebrated. Those of us that didn't grow up in a temple with fine linens know that your next meal might be a long ways off, so you take all you can when it's in front of your nose. Every coin we take from the enemy, we can use against them..... That's a two coin flip in our favor."
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:56 pm

    Cyclone grumbles under his breath as he inspects Bru's wound. "Yer'll be thinking my linen bandages are fine next time ya need one, shrimp."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm

    Ilyana agrees to hide any weapons, gear, or treasure the companions want to leave with her.

    She and her boys go about the yard, cleaning up the wreckage that has become of their livelihood. They pile carcasses in a cart, to be taken and dumped in the ditch behind the property.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm

    "Fools... They need to be buried or staged far away. Not dumped in a ditch. Leave to store house as it is. They burned it. You yielded. They took what they wanted and left. Towards the other town. That's where they will turn up."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm

    Nok looks at the state of the crops in the fields, to the Magnificent One, "They might make good fertilizer if burned and spread about here.  And there is already smoke from the straw thatching.... waste not, want not"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:10 pm

    Leirthal nods as if tolerating a lesser but acceptable idea.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 pm

    Quxx stands off to the side after the inventory concludes, listening to the conversation as he peers intently around the scene...from face to face, weapon to weapon, the road from which down the party just came, the path they have yet to take...the sound of battle in his ears, clashing steel and roaring blasts of magic, and the words of allegiance to fiend Asmodeus spoken by the brigand.

    "No regular brigands, these. They curry favor with Asmodeus." he declares, interrupting all of the currently running conversations. "We must plan our next steps carefully, these reavers are far and away the least unpleasant servants of the Fiend Lord we are likely to encounter."








    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm

    MAS wrote:

    "No regular brigands, these. They curry favor with Asmodeus." he declares, interrupting all of the currently running conversations. "We must plan our next steps carefully, these reavers are far and away the least unpleasant servants of the Fiend Lord we are likely to encounter."

    Nok subtly, although not as subtly as he thinks, pantomimes drinking from a cup for Mr. Magnificent's amusement
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 157
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 pm

    Bru notes to Cyc that his wounds are minor and need no attention for now. He also intends to take the cloak directly from the back of his leashed pet, but before he does so, he leans down into the captives face to ask if he has seen the Baron recently.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:23 pm

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:

    "No regular brigands, these. They curry favor with Asmodeus." he declares, interrupting all of the currently running conversations. "We must plan our next steps carefully, these reavers are far and away the least unpleasant servants of the Fiend Lord we are likely to encounter."

    Nok subtly, although not as subtly as he thinks, pantomimes drinking from a cup for Mr. Magnificent's amusement

    "Oh yes, mock me all you like my sticky-fingered friend, but you'll see soon enough that forces far beyond us are guiding our steps."
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:21 pm

    To Quxx "Well, tell yer beyonder forces to guide yer steps over to the well and help me fish that tadpole out of his pond. You tossed him in, yer gonna help me get him out."

    Cyclone gives Bru a firm and friendly pat on the back "Yer a tough sumbitch, Kord knows."

    He strides over to the well and looks down at the brigand. "Seems yer in quite a pickle, son. Yer mates have all moved on to the next world, cept one doin his best impression of a lord's poodle at the moment... I figure yer next, less ya cooperate, hmm?"


    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2921
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

    Robyo wrote:

    "If I were you, I would avoid Harken Village," she points to the southeast. "There are too many Iron Circle soldiers there. But Albridge should be safe enough."

    They've got Baron Stockmer imprisoned in his own keep, and they've been plundering the land ever since. They say they're collecting taxes, but it's robbery, pure and simple."

    "The folk of Harkenwold are ready to rebel-we just need a spark to set things off. I think you should talk to old Reithann, the druid, or maybe Dar Gremath. They'll know what needs doing. Reithann lives in the Druid's Grove to the southwest; you can find Dar just down the road in Albridge. But go carefully." She tries to smile. "I'd wager Baron Stockmer will richly reward you if you drive away the reavers and free him."


    Looks like we are cleaning up, covering tracks, making quick repairs, and questioning detainees. Leirthal is reacquiring a second level spell slot
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 am

    Josef909 wrote:Bru notes to Cyc that his wounds are minor and need no attention for now.  He also intends to take the cloak directly from the back of his leashed pet, but before he does so, he leans down into the captives face to ask if he has seen the Baron recently.

    Garr's expression is sullen and hateful, but Bru's question brings a smile to his face. "Ain't seen 'm since he was led thru Harken in chains and made a special guest of his own dungeons. Har-har!"


    Whitey wrote:
    Cyclone gives Bru a firm and friendly pat on the back "Yer a tough sumbitch, Kord knows."

    He strides over to the well and looks down at the brigand. "Seems yer in quite a pickle, son. Yer mates have all moved on to the next world, cept one doin his best impression of a lord's poodle at the moment... I figure yer next, less ya cooperate, hmm?"

    "Throw me a rope! Ah'll cooperate!"


    navyik wrote:Looks like we are cleaning up, covering tracks, making quick repairs, and questioning detainees.  Leirthal is reacquiring a second level spell slot

    The PCs will be allowed a Short Rest once the prisoners are both secured.
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

    Ara grabs whatever rope is available and tosses it to Cyc. "Someone give Cyc a hand so we can finish getting information from these fools" Ara then calmly walks over to the roped prisoner Garr, stuffs the end of a cloak in his mouth, cuts off both his thumbs, and then strolls over and places them on the edge of the well. "There's a gift for you at the top of the well. Your companion felt like being clever with his answers. Let's see how clever you'll feel"
    Ara takes a few step back, nocks an arrow, and aims it directly at the spot the brigand will be pulled up...
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 am

    Quxx begins helping to retrieve the prisoner from the well while responding to Cyc -

    "We've been over this before. I did not throw the man in the well...he threw himself in by having incurred a large debt of evil. Our arrival here accelerated his repayment schedule and he was physically challenged by the sudden compound interest. If he hadn't let his account get so behind, I wouldn't have been fated to wander his way - but just because I am appointed to collect karmic debts and taxes does not mean it is my fault people let them get out of hand in the first place!"

    He turns his attention to the prisoner -

    "Now, would like to clean you slate and get out debt before the final tally? Tell us all about your crew and what they do in this valley."

    Persuasion -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    12 + 5 = 17

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3228
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

    trouble7332 wrote:Ara grabs whatever rope is available and tosses it to Cyc. "Someone give Cyc a hand so we can finish getting information from these fools" Ara then calmly walks over to the roped prisoner Garr, stuffs the end of a cloak in his mouth, cuts off both his thumbs, and then strolls over and places them on the edge of the well. "There's a gift for you at the top of the well. Your companion felt like being clever with his answers. Let's see how clever you'll feel"
    Ara takes a few step back, nocks an arrow, and aims it directly at the spot the brigand will be pulled up...

    Shocked

    A few things. I'm not trying to be overly strict, but resource management is a big part of D&D (though not as much as it used to be). Please track your weapons, ammo, equipment, and food. Ara tossing Cyc "whatever rope is available" is no big deal, especially since both Ara and Cyc have 50' rope, but I want you guys to try and be specific, to your characters PoV.

    Ara can certainly maim the prisoner if he wants to (and I appreciate the imagery), but such action would go against his alignment (Chaotic Good). Any character is allowed to switch alignments, (and it usually is a long process), but the character's deity would likely be displeased.


    MAS wrote:Quxx begins helping to retrieve the prisoner from the well while responding to Cyc -

    "We've been over this before. I did not throw the man in the well...he threw himself in by having incurred a large debt of evil. Our arrival here accelerated his repayment schedule and he was physically challenged by the sudden compound interest. If he hadn't let his account get so behind, I wouldn't have been fated to wander his way - but just because I am appointed to collect karmic debts and taxes does not mean it is my fault people let them get out of hand in the first place!"  

    He turns his attention to the prisoner -

    "Now, would like to clean you slate and get out debt before the final tally? Tell us all about your crew and what they do in this valley."

    Persuasion -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    12 + 5 = 17


    The guy comes out of the 15' deep well soaked and shivering. His teeth are chattering, he looks totally freaked out. "M-my name's T-T-Terry. The Iron Cir-cle is tak-k-king o-over the c-countryside. M-many are h-here already in the wold. Once the Iron Circ-cle has it's c-control of the barony, we can advance into the greater, Nen-t-tir V-vale. C-c-commander Redthorn leads the c-company, f-f-from the c-castle in Hark-k-ken."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2565
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 pm

    "You made the right choice, Terry, coming clean - its the best way to settle your debts before a final accounting is made. I bet you are feeling better already. Let's get you dried up. Why look - we are getting a nice warm fire started for you over there right now."

    Quxx motions to where the burn pile is being lit.

    "But on to more important things. How many men does the Circle command? Is there a phrase or signal that you Iron Circle folks to use to identify yourselves to each other? What will they do when this party does not return?"
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 78
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 pm

    [/quote]

    Shocked

    A few things. I'm not trying to be overly strict, but resource management is a big part of D&D (though not as much as it used to be). Please track your weapons, ammo, equipment, and food. Ara tossing Cyc "whatever rope is available" is no big deal, especially since both Ara and Cyc have 50' rope, but I want you guys to try and be specific, to your characters PoV.

    Ara can certainly maim the prisoner if he wants to (and I appreciate the imagery), but such action would go against his alignment (Chaotic Good). Any character is allowed to switch alignments, (and it usually is a long process), but the character's deity would likely be displeased.
    [/quote]

    Thanks DM!! I will try and improve that. If I can, I'll have Ara maintain the same actions but cut the fingers off one of the corpses for effect...
    I will also assume Cyc uses his 50' of rope, and I will retrieve my arrows from each corpse before they are disposed of. That should leave my quivers full.

    cheers
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 185
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:11 pm

    Seeing that Bru and Quxx seem to have the prisoners well in hand, Cyclone walks over to where Leirthal sits and takes a spot next to him with his back to the same tree. He lets out a soft groan as he settles in, opens his healer's kit and begins treating the bite wound he suffered from the wolf in the skirmish.

    "Well old friend, now what? We got them two chuckleheads to deal with and most in the group ain't got the taste for offin' them on the spot while they're cuffed and stuffed. Can't let 'em go or they'll just run off to tell their buddies and then we're invitin' a right big storm on our own heads.

    'Sides that, these Iron Circle bastards look to be gearin up for more trouble and I don't see too many steppin up to stop 'em. It's us or nobody.

    Druid Grove's not far off, Ara and Nok can take us through the woods out of sight. Maybe we drag 'em along with us that far and let the local yokel deal with 'em while we press on to Albridge, eh?"


    Cyclone will spend a hit die to recover some hit points during the Short Rest:

    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +2" :

    5 + 2 = 7
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5481
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 pm

    Nok sprawls out in the sun near Leithral and Cyc. "Oooh, you got bit by the wolf? ouch! I got bit by a dog once in Hammerfast. That really hurt. Or maybe it was a racoon. I am not sure. How do you tell the difference between a dog with stripes and a racoon?"

    Nok strikes an awkward pose with his neck and shoots his limbs out at odd angles, "All I remember is twitching and itching and shaking and maybe drooling, yeah definitely drooling.... and I was really irritable. Hey, maybe you got bit by a racoon before too, that would explain why you are always so grouchy..."

    After his rabies re-enactment finishes, he lies down in the tall grass, "I like Leithral's idea of going to see the Druids. I have never met any Druids before, but I hear they can change into animals like birds and frogs and squirrels and.... racoons? Can they turn into racoons? What if Druid racoon bites you? would you get magical Druid rabies? wait... maybe I don't want to go see the Druids...."

    Sponsored content

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:25 pm