Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    1: Ilyana's Plight

    Share
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2548
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 pm

    Quxx
    HP: 18/18
    AC: 17
    Passive Perception: 12
    Prof Bonus: +2
    Fire resistance
    Spell Slots, 2nd Lvl: 1/2
    Spell Attack: +5




    Quxx targets the brigand located at H-15 with a 2nd lvl GUIDING BOLT (5d6).

    Guiding Bolt
    1st-level evocation
    Casting Time:1 action
    Range:120 feet
    Components:V, S
    Duration:1 round
    A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then.

    At Higher Levels.When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.


    Ranged Spell Attack =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    19 + 5 = 24


    Dmg if hits =
    Result of the throw of dice "5d6" :

    2 + 1 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 17 radiant dmg





    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 pm

    Chris wrote:quick question for the GM - I assume the circled items are doors\gates?



    I believe you said the exterior one, like the one by Bru and Cyc is a gate

    Correct. The portals on the perimeter wall are gates, wooden gates 4' high. The portals in the house are wooden doors. Obviously your characters don't know the interior layout of the farmhouse.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:10 am

    Bru makes the brigand sweat, but fails to land a blow.

    Quxx manages to immolate the poor female brigand who was tending to the wolf. She perishes, disintegrating in radiant flame.

    Does Quxx take a movement?

    Round 2
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)


    Nok is up.
    Dru on deck.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2548
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:48 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Does Quxx take a movement?

    Quxx will crouch down, so as to try to enjoy some cover from the low wall.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:56 am

    Chris wrote:Nok Stumbletoe
    HP:  24
    AC: 15
    PP:  13

    Nok doesn't like fighting... that's business best left for the big folk.  However, he detests bullies and thugs.  He spent much of his childhood on the streets of Hammerfast running from them.  This isn't the first time he has seen people burned alive in their home.  "Neighborhood improvement" they used to call it.  Pay the improvement fees or they burned you out to improve the neighborhood.  Bullies.  Best way to deal with them is a flick of the knife around the throat, real quiet and as they bleed out in the gutter, they wonder why nobody comes to save them.  

    Nok glanes over his shoulder to make sure Leithral is safely out of harm's way.  Satisfied with his position behind the tree, Nok advances in stealth to E-21.  At less than 4ft tall, he has an easy time staying out of sight under the rock wall to the back door of the farmhouse.  He does his best to pad his footfalls.  He hopes the distraction of   his friends Bru, Dru, Qu and Cyc keep the bandits occupied.  How did I get so lucky to have friends with such names?

    Nok's speed is only 25 and the door is 30 ft away.  Nok will move to the door and draw his thieves tools.  Cunning Action - Dash for the last 5ft.  Nok will try to open the door as part of the second move.

    if its locked, he will use his action to try and pick the lock.

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24



    He whispers as he works, "Hey!  Anyone in there?  My name's Nok and I am here to help.  My friends have those iron circle jerks distracted up front.  I will help you get out the back."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Chris wrote:Nok Stumbletoe
    HP:  24
    AC: 15
    PP:  13

    Nok doesn't like fighting... that's business best left for the big folk.  However, he detests bullies and thugs.  He spent much of his childhood on the streets of Hammerfast running from them.  This isn't the first time he has seen people burned alive in their home.  "Neighborhood improvement" they used to call it.  Pay the improvement fees or they burned you out to improve the neighborhood.  Bullies.  Best way to deal with them is a flick of the knife around the throat, real quiet and as they bleed out in the gutter, they wonder why nobody comes to save them.  

    Nok glances over his shoulder to make sure Leirthal is safely out of harm's way.  Satisfied with his position behind the tree, Nok advances in stealth to E-21.  At less than 4ft tall, he has an easy time staying out of sight under the rock wall to the back door of the farmhouse.  He does his best to pad his footfalls.  He hopes the distraction of   his friends Bru, Dru, Qu and Cyc keep the bandits occupied.  How did I get so lucky to have friends with such names?

    Nok's speed is only 25 and the door is 30 ft away.  Nok will move to the door and draw his thieves tools.  Cunning Action - Dash for the last 5ft.  Nok will try to open the door as part of the second move.

    if its locked, he will use his action to try and pick the lock.

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24


    He whispers as he works, "Hey!  Anyone in there?  My name's Nok and I am here to help.  My friends have those iron circle jerks distracted up front.  I will help you get out the back."

    Nok approaches the door

    To be clear, picking a lock is a Dex check, plus your proficiency bonus, when you are proficient with thieves tools. I suppose an argument could be made for using SoH instead of Dex... If it's 24, then Nok hears the lock mechanism click to the unlock position!

    The door is barred from the inside.

    Robyo wrote:
    Features of the Area
    Illumination: Bright light-this encounter takes place during daylight.
    Burned Outbuilding: The thatch roof of this storage shed is burned away, and the walls are charred and weakened.
    Farmhouse: The windows are shuttered, and the door is barred.
    Embankment: This steep, dirt road embankment is difficult terrain.
    Tree: The square occupied by the tree's trunk is impassable but provides cover.  
    Wall: The fieldstone wall stands 4 feet high and provides cover against attacks that cross it. It costs 10 ft. of movement to cross the wall.
    Well: This 15-foot-deep well is surrounded by a low stone wall. Climbing out of the well is difficult.

    Both doors actually.

    There is a pause. "How can I know to trust you?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Nok approaches the door

    To be clear, picking a lock is a Dex check, plus your proficiency bonus, when you are proficient with thieves tools. I suppose an argument could be made for using SoH instead of Dex... If it's 24, then Nok hears the lock mechanism click to the unlock position!

    The door is barred from the inside.


    Both doors actually.

    There is a pause. "How can I know to trust you?"

    It was a Dex check.  Dex +3, prof bonus +2 doubled by Rogue to +4 = +7

    Chris wrote:

    E x p e r t i s e
    At 1st level, choose two o f your skill proficiencies, or
    one o f your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with
    thieves’ tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any
    ability check you make that uses either o f the chosen
    proficiencies.
    *stealth + *thieves tools


    Nok is stunned at this lady's obvious stupidity. He replies in a voice louder than a cautious person would use, "Up to you, lady.  I am trying to get you out of the house and the iron circle jerks are burning your house with you inside.  I am not inside, so it's not my skin on spit. Look out your window, my friends already got their dander up for a fight. Me? I hate fighting, so I figured I'd come and see if I could help anyone inside."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:31 pm

    Windows are shuttered. No doubt the inside occupants have heard commotion and noticed their roof is burning.

    Moving right along...

    Round 2
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)


    Dru is up.

    Ara on deck.

    Cyc in the hole.

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3911
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 am

    Drusus will move straight forward to L-14 and takes a 2 handed strike at the baddie in front of him

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    11,+5
    Total:16

    If that hits:

    Roll(1d10)+5:
    8,+5
    Total:13

    Done for now

    AC: 18
    Initiative: +1
    Prof. Bonus: +2
    Movement: 30’
    Saves: Strength and Constitution
    Longstrider in effect
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 pm

    Drusus approaches the brigand and attacks. He makes him sweat, but Drusus fails to penetrate the goon's armor with his moon-touched longsword.


    Ara is up.

    Cyc on deck.

    Leirthal in the hole.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 pm

    updated map

    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 69
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:37 pm

    Sorry for the delay...I got engaged!!!! Also, is there an updated map? I want to confirm who's dead and who's where. If I understand correctly, there are no longer any hostiles within 5ft of each other, right? The female warrior next to the wolf at H15 was killed, right?
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 131
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:55 pm

    Congrats Mike!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm

    trouble7332 wrote:Sorry for the delay...I got engaged!!!! Also, is there an updated map? I want to confirm who's dead and who's where. If I understand correctly, there are no longer any hostiles within 5ft of each other, right? The female warrior next to the wolf at H15 was killed, right?

    map was updated, 3 min before your post, just look up lol!

    dead have been removed already



    and congrats!
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2548
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:04 pm

    Chris wrote:

    map was updated, 3 min before your post, just look up lol!

    dead have been removed already


    Brigand at H-15 is dead as per Quxx's turn.

    Congratulations Mike!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3911
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:25 pm

    Congrats Mike!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 pm

    MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:

    map was updated, 3 min before your post, just look up lol!

    dead have been removed already


    Brigand at H-15 is dead as per Quxx's turn.

    Congratulations Mike!

    ooops, my bad

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:05 pm

    Yeah, that looks accurate.

    Here's what I've got:


    The heroes close-in on the farmstead...


    And storm the gate!



    Hey guys, since there's a lot of players in this game, I am designating a 48-hour window for players to take their actions. We can add another day's grace. But after 2 (or 3) days time, we will go to the next person in line.

    Round 2
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)

    Ara is up.

    Cyc on deck.


    Congrats Mike!
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 69
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:59 pm

    HP: 25/25 (1d10)
    AC: 14
    Passive Percept: 14
    Speed: 35 feet
    Saves: STR (+3) DEX (+5) CON (+1) WIS (+2)
    (Advantage on all saving throws against charm and no sleep spells)

    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative: +2
    Archery: +2 all ranged weapons
    Darkvision 60'

    Spell save DC: 12
    Spell attack bonus: +4
    Slots: 3/3 L1


    Ara chants “taure en´ i´ forgotten, amin yela thee” (forest of the forgotten, I call thee) as he pulls Death's whisper tight. He eye's the brigand at G18 and let's loose the arrow that has begun to heat up...

    Ensnaring Strike: 1 bonus action; Self; V; Concentration, up to 1min
    The next time you hit a creature with a weapon attack before this spell ends, a writhing mass of thorny vines appears at the point of impact, and the target must succeed on a STR saving throw or be restrained by the magical vines until the spell ends. A Large or larger creature has advantage on this saving throw. If the target succeeds on the save, the vines shrivel away. While restrained, the target takes 1d6 piercing damage at the start of each of its turns. A restrained by vines or one that can touch the creature can use its action to make a STR check against your spell save DC. On a success, the target is freed

    Attack = 1d20+8
    Results = 11 + 8 = 19

    Damage = 1d8+4
    Results = 8+4 = 12

    Damage on vines if save throw fails = 1d6
    Results = 3
    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 69
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm

    Ara then hustles to N15 while nocking another arrow...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 am

    Ara successfully hits the brigand with an arrow and ensnares him in vines. The man is restrained and quite bloodied.

    Cyc is up.

    Leirthal on deck.
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm

    Cyclone Chinook
    HP 25/25
    AC: 17
    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative Bonus: +1
    Passive Perception: 13
    Spell Casting Ability: +3
    Spell Save DC: 13
    Spell Attack Bonus: +5

    Spell Capacity: 6
    Spell Slots:
    C:3
    1:4
    2:2

    Cyc rises from the cover of the wall, twirling Wrath of Nimbus above his head, eyes crackling bright blue with Kord's lightning. He advances through the gate and past Drusus to L-13. "Kord, seems they can't hear me, best we clear the air for 'em!" Cyc pulls Nimbus out of its twirl with a deep whistle and sends a vortex of wind at the brigand holding a torch at G-18.

    Gust of Wind
    2nd-level evocation
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Self (60-foot line)
    Components: V, S, M (a legume seed)
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

    A line of strong wind 60 feet long and 10 feet wide blasts from you in a direction you choose for the spell’s duration. Each creature that starts its turn in the line must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pushed 15 feet away from you in a direction following the line.
    Any creature in the line must spend 2 feet of movement for every 1 foot it moves when moving closer to you.
    The gust disperses gas or vapor, and it extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames in the area. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 50 percent chance to extinguish them.
    As a bonus action on each of your turns before the spell ends, you can change the direction in which the line blasts from you.

    As this spell has a width of 10 feet, I would expect enemies at K-14, I-15, and G-18 to be caught in its effects (If K-14 is pushed, I believe that prompts opportunity attacks from Drusus and Bru). I'd also like a GM ruling on if the fire in the thatch at F-18 is extinguished along with the brigand's torch.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:13 pm

    It costs 10' of movement to cross/hop the wall, whether he uses the gate or not.

    Cyc targets all of the a fore-mentioned foes within his line of effect (10'). A mighty gust of wind emanates from the cleric of Kord and blows his enemies' formation asunder!

    The man at K-14 fails his save and is blown towards the farmhouse. Bru and Dru do get their OAs against him.

    Wolf at I-15 is asleep and fails it's save. The wolf is blown to the house and ends up against the front door. It awakens, bewildered.

    Despite being restrained, the pyromaniac at G-18 makes his save. His torch is extinguished though, and so is the unprotected flame on the thatch roof near him.




    Round 3
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)

    Leirthal is up.

    DM on deck (cue evil laughter)...
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 131
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:29 pm

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 (16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield and ring)
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic
    Battleaxe: +5tohit, 1d8/1d10(2handed) + 3
    Handaxe: +5tohit (+4 if thrown), 1d6 + 3 (+2 if thrown), 20'/60'
    Javelin: +4tohit,  1d6 + 2, 30'120'

    Opportunity Attack

    Bru sees the brigand begin to lose his footing against Cyc's gust of wind and spins around, attempting to backhand the enemy with his battleaxe before returning to face the threat next to him.

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 9 + 5 = 14 No need to roll damage there

    "Ive got this one." Bru says to Drusus.


    Last edited by Josef909 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:30 pm

    "Finish 'em off, boys!"

    Another DM ruling please: Can I use my bonus action now to redirect the wind blast to the brigand at D14 and if so, does the spell effect take place this round or next?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:33 pm

    I always knew Whitey was full of hot air afro

    map updated (I hope) with persistent wind line of effect 10ft wide

    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

    Careful little fella, move one square north and ya might find yerself doin a good impression of a child's kite.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:39 pm

    Whitey wrote:Careful little fella, move one square north and ya might find yerself doin a good impression of a child's kite.

    I am over by the side of the house lol!

    that darth vader wannabe next to you is Josh Cool
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:47 pm

    Range is 60'. And air moves around and through houses. Cool

    Although, that does bring up a thought, could a PC jump into the jetstream and be willingly pushed the 15' without using up any movement?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm

    Whitey wrote:Range is 60'. And air moves around and through houses. Cool

    Although, that does bring up a thought, could a PC jump into the jetstream and be willingly pushed the 15' without using up any movement?

    sure, but it gets diverted and dissipated. I can be in my house on a windy day and not feel it.

    can a dwarf toss himself? let's find out!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2895
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:20 pm

    Based on the floor plan of the house, I would expect that the roof is pitched in such a way that Leirthal can see the part of thatch that is still lit.

    If so, he will move 6 squares left and hit the flames at the root, and potentially the torch as well, with a ray of frost.

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

    8 + 6 = 14
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:42 pm

    As a bonus action, Cyc can redirect the wind,on your turn. Of course, the nature of play-by-post causes the definition of turns to be more fluid.

    Directing the wind at brigand at D-14 was doable in Round 2!  cheers  The guy fails his save and is blown up against the wall (B-14). The flames on the roof near him were also blown out!

    The Gust of Wind spell effect is now directed at the brigand at B-14.


    Bru whiffed in the wind.

    Waiting on Drusus to take Opportunity Attack.


    Leirthal may take a different action, since the flames on the roof of the farmhouse are now out.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2895
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:16 am

    Leirthal The Magnificent

    AC 16 (18 arcane deflection)
    Hp 20/20

    Passive perception 13
    Passive investigation 15
    Passive insight 13

    Mage armor active 8 hours

    1(4)✓
    2(2)✓

    Leirthal will direct that same ray of frost at the wolf that was just awakened slowing it's speed to 10'

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

    8 + 6 = 14

    Damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8" :

    2


    Last edited by navyik on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:44 am

    Robyo wrote:As a bonus action, Cyc can redirect the wind,on your turn. Of course, the nature of play-by-post causes the definition of turns to be more fluid.


    Should I have declared the bonus action at the same time as my action? I was waiting to see how that resolved before declaring. What's the best way to handle that?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3911
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:16 pm

    my apologies - I don't get email notifications.

    AoO

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    19,+5
    Total:24

    Damage (if that hits)

    Roll(1d10)+5:
    8,+5
    Total:13


    AC: 18
    Initiative: +1
    Prof. Bonus: +2
    Movement: 30’
    Saves: Strength and Constitution
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2548
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:12 pm

    Whitey wrote:
    Robyo wrote:As a bonus action, Cyc can redirect the wind,on your turn. Of course, the nature of play-by-post causes the definition of turns to be more fluid.


    Should I have declared the bonus action at the same time as my action? I was waiting to see how that resolved before declaring. What's the best way to handle that?

    In play-by-post, as long as you are not screwing yourself by tipping your hand, present a contingent action the same way you do dmg in your initial posting for your turn:  

    "If it hits, dmg is X..."

    "If this happens, Bob will use his bonus action to X..."

    This helps keep everything anchored to your action/turn in the flow of play.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 am

    Leirthal zaps the wolf with a ray of frost, causing minor frostbite and slowing the canine's movement, reduced it by 10 ft (until the start of Leirthal's next turn).


    Brigand next to Bru (L-16) swings his scimitar and hits with a 22 to the barbarian's AC. Damage is 9 slashing.


    Brigand at H-17 is pissed. He's had a bad day. This was supposed to be a cakewalk "burn the farmhouse and grab the spoils" run. Now he's been magically dosed with sleep, blown around, and deeply sliced. Then he sees Quxx crouching behind the wall and aims his crossbow at the tiefling. "You could have joined us! Asmodeus welcomes the fiendblooded!" He attempts to fire his crossbow, but fumbles! He spits in disgust and draws his scimitar, moving up to K-15.


    Brigand being blown against the wall (B-14) fires his crossbow at Cyc, but fumbles! He immediately jumps the wall, and gains a "boost" since he is going downwind. He is expecting to "ride" the gust further beyond the wall, but the gust peters-out, since he's come to the maximum range of Cyc's spell. The brigand runs behind the house and out of LOS of any of the Companions. There are two tall trees near to and behind the house.


    "Fight on, my Iron Circle comrades!" shouts the brigand near the farmhouse at G-18. "Even in death, we will make proud our Commander Redtho-UGH!" He takes damage from the thorny vines of Ara's spell. Bleeding profusely, the man savagely hacks at the vines with his scimitar.


    The brigand inside the well tries to climb out and fails.


    The wolf next to Cyc (K-12) makes an attack with it's bite and hits with a 19 to the cleric's AC. Damage is 7 piercing, and Cyc needs to STR save DC 11 or be knocked prone. He must also CON save DC 10 to continue his spell concentration.


    Wolf at the doorway of the house (F-17) is slowed to 30' of movement, but easily makes the distance to K-16 and attacks Bru.
    Pack Tactics.The wolf has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the wolf's allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

    Bite attack: 20, 2... crit! 3d4+2 piercing damage = 7P, and Bru must also make a STR save DC 11 or be knocked prone.


    From behind the door where Nok stands, he hears the sounds of rummaging. Perhaps the barricade is being moved?



    Features of the Area
    Illumination: Bright light-this encounter takes place during daylight.
    Burned Outbuilding: The thatch roof of this storage shed is burned away, and the walls are charred and weakened.
    Farmhouse: The windows are shuttered, and the door is barred.
    Embankment: This steep, dirt road embankment is difficult terrain.
    Tree: The square occupied by the tree's trunk is impassable but provides cover.  
    Wall: The fieldstone wall stands 4 feet high and provides cover against attacks that cross it. It costs 10 ft. of movement to cross the wall.
    Well: This 15-foot-deep well is surrounded by a low stone wall. Climbing out of the well is difficult.



    Round 3
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)

    *Cyc need tripping and concentration saves.

    Bru is up... need tripping save too.

    Quxx on deck.


    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Whitey

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-09-17
    Age : 42
    Location : ColoRADo

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Whitey on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

    Cyclone Chinook
    Level 3
    Speed: 25
    HP 25/18
    AC: 17
    Proficiency Bonus: +2
    Initiative Bonus: +1
    Passive Perception: 13
    Saves:
    WIS: (+5)
    CHR: (+2)
    Spell Casting Ability: +3
    Spell Save DC: 13
    Spell Attack Bonus: +5
    Spell Capacity: 6
    Spell Slots:
    C:3
    1:4
    2:2/1

    STR Save:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :
    13 + 1 = 14

    CON Save:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

    8 + 2 = 10 Whew!

    Cyc growls at the wolf "Bad Doggie!" and bangs Wrath of Nimbus against his shield, causing a flash of lightning and a thunderclap to erupt in front of him.

    Wrath of the Storm. (3/day) Reaction to deal 2d8 lightning/thunder damage to opponent within 5' after taking a hit. Dex save for 1/2 Damage.

    Result of the throw of dice "2d8" :

    3 + 5 = 8


    Last edited by Whitey on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Josef909

    Posts : 131
    Join date : 2017-09-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Josef909 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:32 pm

    Bru Zher
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 15 [16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield (resistant to slashing/piercing) and ring]
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic
    Battleaxe: +5tohit, 1d8/1d10(2handed) + 3
    Handaxe: +5tohit (+4 if thrown), 1d6 + 3 (+2 if thrown), 20'/60'
    Javelin: +4tohit, 1d6 + 2, 30'120'

    The mithril shield Bru collected in their most recent foray into the dungeon seems to protect him better than his last one.
    Brigand damage = 9/2 = 4 slashing and Wolf damage = 7/2 = 3 piercing: Total of 7 damage taken
    STR SV: Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 7 + 5 = 12 to avoid being knocked prone

    Bru doesn't mind being surrounded. He knows his capable allies are nearby. His job, as always, is to try and be the object of his enemies attention. Ususally this is a simple task because he rarely goes unnoticed. With the loudest bellow he can muster, he recklessly swings his axe down onto the brigand at L-16 and steels himself for the next round of attacks.
    Rolling "1d20 +5" 2 times
    1: 9 + 5 = 14
    2: 10 + 5 = 15
    If the 15 hits, Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +3" :8 + 3 = 11 slashing damage

    Reckless Attack
    Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to Attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first Attack on Your Turn, you can decide to Attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon Attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but Attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

    after-turn statblock
    Bru Zher
    HP: 28/35
    AC: 15 [16 with +1 ring, 20 with mithril shield (resistant to slashing/piercing) and ring]
    SV: STR (+5), CON (+5)
    Rage: 3/3, +2 damage, resistant to all damage but psychic
    Battleaxe: +5tohit, 1d8/1d10(2handed) + 3
    Handaxe: +5tohit (+4 if thrown), 1d6 + 3 (+2 if thrown), 20'/60'
    Javelin: +4tohit, 1d6 + 2, 30'120'

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm

    does Nok notice the fleeing brigand?

    I figure I will ask before my turn to keep pace
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:46 pm

    Chris wrote:does Nok notice the fleeing brigand?

    I figure I will ask before my turn to keep pace

    No, he didn't have line of sight.
    Robyo wrote:...The brigand runs behind the house and out of LOS of any of the Companions. There are two tall trees near to and behind the house.


    The wolf yelps at Cyc's electrified reaction to his bite attack.


    Bru recklessly swings, but fails to connect with his foe.


    Quxx is up.

    Nok on deck.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2548
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  MAS on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:04 pm

    I'm eyeballing this based off the last updated map and the pictures above -

    Quxx stands up from his crouch and steps forward 5 ft to M-18.

    "Your devilry is at an end, servants of Asmodeus!" he declares as he unleashes an ELDRITCH BLAST with REPELLING CANTRIP towards the brigand at K-16.

    Eldritch Blast
    Evocation

    Level: Cantrip
    Casting time: 1 Action
    Range: 120 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    A beam of crackling energy streaks toward a creature within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 1d10 force damage.

    R e p e l l in g B l a s t
    Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
    When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line. this should deposit the brigand in I-14.

    This should also offer an AoO to Bruh (located L-15) as this will mean that the brigand exits his square that is adjacent.


    RANGED SPELL ATTACK
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    12 + 5 = 17

    dmg if hits:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10" :

    10


    Quxx will then crouch back down in an attempt to enjoy some cover from the wall.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

    Quxx hurls lethal, swirling, eldritch energy at his enemy, and misses.


    Round 3
    Initiative:
    1-Leirthal (18)
    2-DM (16)
    3-Bru (14)+2
    4-Quxx (14)+1
    5-Nok (13)
    6-Drusus (9)
    7-Ara (8 )
    8-Cyc (6)


    Nok is up


    Drusus on deck

    Ara in the hole
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 am

    Robyo wrote:

    From behind the door where Nok stands, he hears the sounds of rummaging. Perhaps the barricade is being moved?


    "Uh, sorry, don't mean to be a pest, but are you coming out?  Otherwise, I should really think about helping my friends...."


    so as not to hold up the forum:

    A) if she says she is coming out - Nok will move up to B-21, drawing his Grievous blade and make sure they aren't getting flanked, readied action - attack\finish move if he sees anyone sneaking around the house, otherwise, move back back to the door to protect the people inside

    B) if she says she is NOT coming out - Nok will move to G-19, which is 20ft away +5ft to hop to the wall, drawing his Grievous blade and attack the brigand at G-18

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    6 + 5 = 11

    if that hits, which I doubt, damage + Sneak Attack (swashbuckler special)
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +2d4 +3" :

    6 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 3 = 19

    map updated, except for Nok, who I left at the door until I know what he is doing

    avatar
    trouble7332
    Admin

    Posts : 69
    Join date : 2017-10-28

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  trouble7332 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 pm

    Checking in on the map. Are any of the brigands wrapped, prone or otherwise impeded? If they are, how are they marked on the map? I want to make sure I'm helping with the most difficult enemies...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm

    trouble7332 wrote:Checking in on the map. Are any of the brigands wrapped, prone or otherwise impeded? If they are, how are they marked on the map? I want to make sure I'm helping with the most difficult enemies...

    I am not sure, to be honest. If Rob clarifies, I can put different color borders on the tokens.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm

    "We are coming out," says the woman through the door. She can take her action next round.

    Nok goes to the corner of the farmhouse and watches the flank. Give me a Perception check.


    The only conditions Ara might be aware of concerning the brigands is the guy Restrained (G-18) by the house and the guy stuck in the well (J-19).


    Drusus is up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 5438
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:47 am

    Nok's perception check

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

    5 + 3 = 8


    herpa derp derp.... look at the birds!
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3911
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:33 pm

    Swing at the baddie at 15-K

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    16,+5
    Total:21

    If that hits:

    Roll(1d10)+5:
    4,+5
    Total:9

    AC: 18
    Initiative: +1
    Prof. Bonus: +2
    Movement: 30’
    Saves: Strength and Constitution
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 3159
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 pm

    Drusus slays his bloodied foe with deadly precision.

    Move action?


    Ara is up.


    Cyc on deck.


    Sponsored content

    Re: 1: Ilyana's Plight

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 am