Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

OoG during Pirates

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue24/24OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty Re: OoG during Pirates

Post  Chris on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Merry early christmas to me!

OoG during Pirates - Page 5 20181210

Steamboat Whiskey Company's first batch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Nice!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Chris wrote:
    Steamboat Whiskey Company's first batch

Good stuff!! Vet owned company?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue24/24OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm

I am not sure if owned, but the master distiller is a navy vet.
    8% of bottle sales go to vet charities
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 pm

hey all, I got an email this morning about a new user

Hello,

The account owned by "ubertruder" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:

the email was the same "Ubertruder@something" so I banned and deleted the user. if that was someone's alt account, let me know, but that seemed fishy
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue30/30OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Quick Google and Facebook search turns up a guy using that handle who is known to Mr. Sment.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:36 pm

ok, cool. he just recreated the account
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Chris wrote:hey all, I got an email this morning about a new user

Hello,

The account owned by "ubertruder" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:

the email was the same "Ubertruder@something"  so I banned and deleted the user.  if that was someone's alt account, let me know, but that seemed fishy

It is my Army buddy. Please leave the profile/account unmolested.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

moved this here and off the game thread

MAS wrote:

HEADS UP GM or other site admins. I have at least one Army buddy trying to register on the forum right now, so please don't kill the registration. My friend Jeffery Wilson from is good people, long time gamer, and I invited him to check things out. He'd like to jump in if he can. Cool?

bounce whenever you guys are ready in the other thread..... unless you're too SKKKAAAIIIRRRDDD affraid
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Chris wrote:moved this here and off the game thread

MAS wrote:

HEADS UP GM or other site admins. I have at least one Army buddy trying to register on the forum right now, so please don't kill the registration. My friend Jeffery Wilson from is good people, long time gamer, and I invited him to check things out. He'd like to jump in if he can. Cool?

bounce   whenever you guys are ready in the other thread.....  unless you're too SKKKAAAIIIRRRDDD affraid

Role-playing a group with a designated leader/captain means we are all role-playing waiting on his orders/plan.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm

MAS wrote:

Role-playing a group with a designated leader/captain means we are all role-playing waiting on his orders/plan.

lol! ok, fair enough
    ubertruder
    ubertruder

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  ubertruder on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Hello All
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm

ubertruder wrote:Hello All

Welcome! Sorry for the circus act getting you aboard.
    ubertruder
    ubertruder

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  ubertruder on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:07 pm

All good. I probably should have waited to register. Going through the other posts now.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:20 pm

hi Jeffrey!

sorry I deleted you earlier lol!

are you interested in joining our Pirate game? have you played D&D before, specifically 5e? we can get you digital copies of books as needed
    ubertruder
    ubertruder

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  ubertruder on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Chris wrote:hi Jeffrey!

sorry I deleted you earlier lol!

are you interested in joining our Pirate game?  have you played D&D before, specifically 5e?  we can get you digital copies of books as needed

I have both played and DM'ed 5e and Pathfinder (including Skulls and Shackles, a Pirate module). Currently playing Out of the Abyss with a regular group. I have hard copies of PHB, MM, DMG, Volos, Xanathar. And my Dice collection is forever growing. I just can't help myself.

I will join in whenever it is convenient. I can roll up a character whenever.

Looks like lvl 8?

Looks like there is a good mix of classes, but light on healing? Any requests on class?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:13 pm

the party started at 8th, but are now 9th
    27 pt buy
    any race
    2 magic items at +1 quality
    *they got some other random booty from the first adventure, so I can roll you up 2 items off the same table

they are definitely light on healing\buffing, but it is totally up to you

read up on the back story a bit, if you haven't already. Forum gaming is SUPER slow paced and a single fight can take a week, so let's think about how to get you in ASAP....

the first thought that comes to mind is that we could RETCON you into the kobold room. you could have washed up on the shore previously and been taken in by the kobolds. you decided to join the party to try and help reclaim the holy volcano for the little guys. you could join the party in the lava tubes for this fight.

or, you are a prisoner of Firetail and his minions. the party could release you in the next room, but that could take a week

thoughts from the rest of the crew?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:25 pm

I am ok holding for a little while Wilson does his character if this is the most ideal spot. If he wants/needs time, no worries too.

We are light on healing but don't take that as a requirement - we will get by regardless so make what you want to play.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm

ubertruder wrote:Hello All

Look! It's a Beholder! Kill it!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Hola jeff!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm

I started binging on "Black Sails" over the last week. Just finished season 1 last night. Anyone else ever get into that show?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:36 am

I tried watching it but they played around with the history too much for my taste. The price of being a history nerd I guess...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:48 am

Josef909 wrote:I started binging on "Black Sails" over the last week.  Just finished season 1 last night.  Anyone else ever get into that show?

I'll check it out! Always looking for new series to dive into.

Currently watching "Lucifer" which I thought was going to suck, but it is clever, funny, and tells a great story.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 pm

That was a good show Matt. Too bad it got cancelled last year (or maybe that was always intended)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:14 pm

whit10 wrote:That was a good show Matt. Too bad it got cancelled last year (or maybe that was always intended)

Just started S3 so I have some left to enjoy. Anything with Tricia Hefler in it is good to go Wink
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Josef909 wrote:I started binging on "Black Sails" over the last week.  Just finished season 1 last night.  Anyone else ever get into that show?

You still playing that Pirate game, too?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm not, but it was a fun game to play with friends. I'm a few chapters into Red Dead Redemption, it have really little time to play.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Happy for my Broncos!

Sad for my Bears Crying or Very sad

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

as much as I love Fangio, that last drive by Philly shouldn't have even gotten to the damned red zone. So, maybe they can improve?

Heh, the Broncos... get back to me when Elway knows what the hell he's doing
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm

whit10 wrote:as much as I love Fangio, that last drive by Philly shouldn't have even gotten to the damned red zone.  So, maybe they can improve?

Heh, the Broncos... get back to me when Elway knows what the hell he's doing

like winning a super bowl and getting to 2 in the last decade?

yeah, no clue
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm

uh, they won because of defense, they got humiliated in the other one.

Let's see... he's picked up Peyton Manning (after he was old and one injury away from being bad - which happened) and then he can't find a QB worth a shit since then.

and they haven't won squat in two years now. The last coach was hand-picked as were most of their draft picks. He's about as successful as Jerry Angelo was (ok, yes, he has a SB victory, unlike Angelo)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 pm

who would think Elway would suck at qb talent evaluation?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:56 pm

yeah right?! His record with QB's just sucks! (one good year of PM notwithstanding)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:22 pm

sorry for the delay, I was up all night Monday barfing. I got the same stomach crud the kids had this past weekend.

In brighter news..... this is mostly for Matt, but maybe others are Dune fans too

Stellan Skarsgard got cast as Baron H, which I thought was cool, but the article also noted that he joined David Bautista as his uncle, which means DB must be playing Beast Rabban, an excellent casting decision!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

oh FFS, are they trying to do another Dune movie? Hadn't heard that one.

Dave Bautista is awesome. Probably the best wrestler to become an actor ever.

Sorry you feel so crappy
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Its one of the best and most popular sci fi series of all time and it has never had a good film adaptation.
    Lynch's movie was god awful and not accurate after about 10 minutes. The TV series was accurate but so low budget its hard to watch.

A good Dune movie is long overdue!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Villeneuve is the right guy for this project, his other stuff has been on point. Casting looks solid - Bautista as "Beast Rabban" should be awesome and the guy playing Baron H is a great choice too. Get well Chris!

OoG during Pirates - Page 5 Maga10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:20 am

Love the MAGA!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:26 am

Mind your tone, lest you never receive summons to eat cold McNuggets served from Abe Lincoln's silver.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:20 am

Keep yo nasty mcnuggerts, i want some Hamberders and a cup of covfefe
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Well, I hope it's good for your guys' sake. I tried reading Dune once but it had the same problem as LOTR. Too long winded for my taste. And I got tired of trying to pronounce words that were unpronounceable. It was like trying to read Koine Greek (and I can actually do a bit of that).

Yeah, the first two attempts were pretty bad. I thought the acting in the TV one was awful as well (though they seemed to have gotten the story right, from what I've been told).

But admittedly, I'm not the target audience for this anyway.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 pm

The Spice must flow...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 pm

So I was driving back to the office today, listening to Panama on the classic rock station and I had a really strong memory recall that I hadn't thought about in a long, long time....

Back in HS, we all used to drive out to this road, way east of Rockford. It was out past my house and out past Brian Huber's house. We used to race back and forth on the road because it had several hills. If we got going fast enough, we could even catch air.

Does anyone remember the name of the road?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 pm

olsen road. or olson...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:22 pm

navyik wrote:olsen road.  or olson...

cheers damn, nice call! I couldn't remember the name
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:34 pm

inspiration?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

navyik wrote:inspiration?

sure, Alan gets 1 Inspiration dice to be used in real life cheers
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Josh - I feel you on the weird fantasy/sci-fi names, its like learning a new language every time I start a new author/series. My trick is not trying to pronounce them, they are just a visual indicator of a certain thing/character, like "red = stop / Hgfriyuequifgreq = the main bad guy". You never know what the fuck the author was trying make it sound like anyway and it isn't important to "pronounce". Do the same with ancient earth languages when reading history if I need to. Audiobooks are another option for getting the story with little work, and fun for long drives or busy work.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 am

lol, you ain't kidding man. I get my fill of it when I read through any ancient history books. The names back then can be just as bad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:49 pm