Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

OoG during Pirates

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue24/24OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty Re: OoG during Pirates

Post  Chris on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 pm

I just fill the slide on power point, that seems to fit the forum

Column does suck balls!

I have 1 master map with rows and columns pre-labelled. I just drop maps/photos onto it for precisely that reason. It does result in maps being a bit off sometimes, as you saw with my encounters or needing to add a grid
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Hmm. Maybe a little more tinkering then.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am

Josef909 wrote:Question for mapping encounters.  What is the best height:width ratio for forum use.  I have my map split in half and want to post them consecutively to display them seamlessly, as suggested.

Also, is there an easy way to drop in the first column and top row for grid marking?  I drew in a table for the top and manually spaced my numbers, but the first column was a pain in the dick to get the lettering to line up to the grid.  Any pointers?  

I think I can manage the mapping after all.  

IIRC - I usually resize to 800 width, which you can choose on the forum picture insertion tool.

I also use one single master Powerpoint slide. All the icons are just pictures dropped in and re-sized, which in a raw PP file you can move at will. From there, you export it as jpg or png.

Grid numbering is just a bitch. I've been tinkering for years and have not found a good way to do it, no way to make it easy.

We could do a google hangout sometime and I'd be happy to walk everyone through my mapmaking process - or maybe I'll make a tutorial video.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue24/24OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:38 pm

@GM Joe

I know spells have a verbal and somatic component.  But how obvious or video-gamey do you see spellcasting?

for example....

Could Kruhl mutter the words under his breath and do slight hand movements while casting Shield of Faith (bonus action)?

or

does a glowing shield appear over his head, like a visual effect in a video game?

the latter would clearly ruin his "wounded bird" ruse lol!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:48 pm

Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 pm

@Chris: the spell specifically states there is a visual effect, but is it bright and obvious? Probably not.
    With a decent sleight of hand check, you could cast a spell with verbal and somatic components unnoticed.

A shimmering field appears and surrounds a creature of your choice within range, granting it a +2 bonus to AC for the duration.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 pm

read the spell description? what? WHAT!?

ok, that answers that, lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu May 02, 2019 3:30 pm

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Mon May 20, 2019 12:56 pm

When my lease is up at the end of the month I am moving into my minivan and going indefinitely on the road. I sold the rights to my rod designs, and have deals with former competitors to rep their products. I'll be rolling 2 youtube channels and doing content/affiliate marketing for fishing and outdoor/adventure/van-life gear.

Van Systems include:
    2x 100w solar panels, roof mounted
    1x Lithium battery bank
    Low voltage 54-quart fridge/freezer
    USB powered lights and fans
    Can run life support (fridge and fans) for almost 3 days straight without recharging the battery bank
    30 x 74 x 6 inches deep foam mattress and 14-inch high frame for comfort and under bed storage.

The seating is all "stow and go" and nests in the floor, so easy to drop out of the way. Going to drop a 4x8 plywood in for a false floor so I can bolt key components down and protect the interior. No plans to do any permanent changes/build at this point.

Have a loose schedule down, will be all over the country for the next 4 months. In and out of Colorado quite a bit. Will post up a timeline soon in hopes of better coordinating visits.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm

cheers that sounds like a grand adventure!

definitely feel free to stop by the 'Boat for a visit. We will have a 4th bedroom for guests after my folks leave in mid\late June.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm

Chris wrote:cheers  that sounds like a grand adventure!

definitely feel free to stop by the 'Boat for a visit.  We will have a 4th bedroom for guests after my folks leave in mid\late June.

Thanks for the invite, look forward to it! How does the weekend of 20-21 July sound?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 pm

MAS wrote:

Thanks for the invite, look forward to it! How does the weekend of 20-21 July sound?

sounds good, I have a 3-day trial from 7/15 to 7/17 (mon-wed) so I should be ready for some fun and downtime

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Tumblr10
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Mon May 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Lol! Penciled in. Wandering weirdo in-bound, ha!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Mon May 20, 2019 2:25 pm

MAS wrote:Lol! Penciled in. Wandering weirdo in-bound, ha!

you are also Fozzy driving the van
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Mon May 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Lol! Penciled in. Wandering weirdo in-bound, ha!

you are also Fozzy driving the van

ha!

"A bear in his natural habitat...a studebaker."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6NQcO9KTBY
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Good luck dude!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Mon May 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Sounds fun Matt!

Reminder: Julie and I will be visiting Portland July 4th-8th, if you happen to be around then!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks, guys!

Rob, not sure I'll be able to make it out to OR before you leave. But I will make certain I catch you again before I launch from here next month!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Wed May 22, 2019 7:30 pm

MAS wrote:When my lease is up at the end of the month I am moving into my minivan and going indefinitely on the road. I sold the rights to my rod designs, and have deals with former competitors to rep their products. I'll be rolling 2 youtube channels and doing content/affiliate marketing for fishing and outdoor/adventure/van-life gear.

Van Systems include:
    2x 100w solar panels, roof mounted
    1x Lithium battery bank
    Low voltage 54-quart fridge/freezer
    USB powered lights and fans
    Can run life support (fridge and fans) for almost 3 days straight without recharging the battery bank
    30 x 74 x 6 inches deep foam mattress and 14-inch high frame for comfort and under bed storage.

The seating is all "stow and go" and nests in the floor, so easy to drop out of the way. Going to drop a 4x8 plywood in for a false floor so I can bolt key components down and protect the interior. No plans to do any permanent changes/build at this point.

Have a loose schedule down, will be all over the country for the next 4 months. In and out of Colorado quite a bit. Will post up a timeline soon in hopes of better coordinating visits.

Wow dude. That is really cool. Best of luck to you. Holler when you are around.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 am

navyik wrote:

Wow dude. That is really cool. Best of luck to you. Holler when you are around.

Thanks brother, will do.

Hope Gretchen is recovering and feeling better!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Fri May 24, 2019 4:44 pm

D&D 5e has a nautical book now.

https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/ghosts-saltmarsh

It's a thing of beauty, and I has it!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Fri May 24, 2019 5:01 pm

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Fri May 24, 2019 5:41 pm

I think your car link is messed up Rob (at least it didn't seem to play for me)

That book you linked looks pretty cool. Too bad it didn't come out a few months ago before this campaign. lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 pm

always time for new GM's to use it bounce
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Sat May 25, 2019 8:29 am

Dude, try the link again. It's the Brazilian car commercial featuring characters from the old D&D cartoon. Tiamat and Venger look badass!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Sat May 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Robyo wrote:Dude, try the link again. It's the Brazilian car commercial featuring characters from the old D&D cartoon. Tiamat and Venger look badass!

Its pretty well done, cool stuff!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 am

FYI

I am in a nasty trial for the next 2 weeks. I do have access but I may be slow in response. Feel free to skip (delay) me if needed.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

Nice commercial but if you buy a Renault, you should have your head examined. They are GARBAGE. lol

(not really saying you need to have your head examined Rob)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 pm

so we are in the process of moving and got to some really old boxes in the barn.  I decided to go through them instead of just moving them again, seeing as how we haven't opened them since we last moved 12 years ago.

lookie what I found.....

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Carbon10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

if only we knew as much about the law then as we do now eh?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu May 30, 2019 3:49 pm

another lost treasure...

Prologue to "The First Quest"
    by Alan W. Beaman
    written in Statesville (I think?)

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Alan_p10

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Alan_p11

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Alan_p12

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Alan_p13

OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Alan_p14
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Awesome! cheers
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Thu May 30, 2019 6:39 pm

Great handwriting as well.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Fri May 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Drafting classes...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:09 pm

I'll be in Portland until Tuesday. Matt or someone can please play Abi while I'm away. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:11 am