Josef909
whit10
6 posters

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty Re: Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Post  Chris Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Whitey wrote:Crispy will use his Elemental Attunement to create a flaming dragon shape with a 1’ wingspan  hovering 15’ over the Cog at T-10. (If he needs to reposition himself to achieve LOS please advise)

LoS....  if this were a spell, I would say that you don't have LoS\LoE, but the description of the ability doesn't list any range, verbal\somatic gestures or anything.  It's as if the elements just obey your desires, so.....

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 1jtftz10

a crudely shaped flaming dragon appears off the port side stern about 15ft above the Cog, which is about 35ft in the air

it seems to go unnoticed for a moment, until Unfeather chirps up, "<sqwak> pretty bird!  pretty bird! <sqwak>"

the table game goes quiet and you can hear murmurs of "well... blow me down"  "what in the blazes?"  and from the Tiefling whores "ooooh"  "how pretty!"  

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_11

since I just realized that we are dealing with some 3d combat, I added elevations in red.  

ground level = main deck of the Cog with the gaming table
    fore\aft decks = +5ft
    water = -20ft
    fire bird = +15ft
    Unfeathers = +20ft up in the rigging

Chris wrote:
    initiative

** Crispy distraction **

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13

Renda is up
    Sjon on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty Re: Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Post  MAS Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Renda has +7 for Athletics, I can beat the DC for "strength" climbing by taking 10, and have 45 ft of movement. I want to stealthily climb up (20 ft of difficult terrain = 40 ft of movement) and cling there unseen until the next turn.

Stealth =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

20 + 6 = 26

Ha! I'm not gonna have any dice left once the fighting starts!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:38 pm

MAS wrote:Renda has +7 for Athletics, I can beat the DC for "strength" climbing by taking 10, and have 45 ft of movement. I want to stealthily climb up (20 ft of difficult terrain = 40 ft of movement) and cling there unseen until the next turn.
    Stealth =
    20 + 6 = 26
    Ha! I'm not gonna have any dice left once the fighting starts!

study technically, there is no "take 10" rule in 5e, just FYI.  it's fine this time, but next time please just make all rolls.  

study you make me check my rules, but your actions are legal.   the athletics check is not considered an action, it's just part of the move with difficult terrain of climbing.
    so you have move (w athletics) +  Hide  (action) = stealthy climb  cheers

Stealth rules are kinda wonky if 5e to be honest.  usually the sneaking part of Stealth also makes you go at half speed, but 5e doesn't seem to go there.

Renda scales the side of the cog as quietly as a spider.  He now has a visual of the deck as shown on the map.  Renda is at elevation 0

Chris wrote:
    initiative

** Crispy distraction **

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13

Sjon is up

Hawkes on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Dig it, you had something about it being slippery and such, so I wasn't sure if you wanted an ability roll to ascend.

Renda' looks at all the food on the deck, trying to decide which one looks like it might taste best...
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue86/98Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Sjon Barker Druid 8
    HP: 57/57
    AC: 16
    Slots:4/3/2/2 (4/3/3/2 max)
    Wild Shape: 2 (2 max)

Sjon will quietly climb the side of the cog using his full movement (30' = 15' climb to LoS) and ready an action to cast Poison Spray if any pirate leans his face over the rail within range.

STR check for climbing:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 5

Stealth check:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" : 2 + 2 = 4

Yikes. Sorry guys.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Josef909 wrote:Sjon Barker Druid 8

Sjon will quietly climb the side of the cog using his full movement (30' = 15' climb to LoS) and ready an action to cast Poison Spray if any pirate leans his face over the rail within range.

STR check for climbing:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 5

Stealth check:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" : 2 + 2 = 4

Yikes.  Sorry guys.

perfect stat block.... not so perfect dice Sad

I guess the dice make sense though.....  Sjon can't find a good hand hold on the side of the boat and flops about in the water making noise as he fails to climb  <splash, sploosh, thump, flounder, flounder, splash>

study seems like you have 1 too many actions though.  I see a move, hide and ready in there.  It's up to you Joe, you can either hide or ready as your action with the move.  You already rolled the Stealth but I could also see an argument that since you failed the initial climb, there was no chance to Hide and thus keep the Ready.

Let me know

regardless, the noise seems to have alerted the baddies on deck, who now join initiative

Chris wrote:
    initiative

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13
    female 13
    bearded (2) 11
    bard 8
    patrol 4
    sleepers 3

at 19, the Stout Sgt with the fancy hat alerts to the noise off the starboard side.  He pushes the whore out of the way and takes the most direct path to L-6, drawing his sword as he goes.  He looks over the edge of the boat....  

If Sjon has a readied action, he can attack

@Matt, I don't think Renda would get an AoO Reaction unless he has reach, since the Stout Sgt's path would be 1 north, then diagonal NE, then E. If he does have reach, go ahead and make an AoO roll too

Stout Sgt still has an action, if he survives Sjon's spell and is able to act

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_12
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue86/98Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/11Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:24 pm

I want sure if I was capable of readying the action or not. Leave it as it lies
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Halfli11

Stout Sgt calls out in a commanding voice, one that is used to be being obeyed, "To arms, you lazy sea dogs!"

He takes his last 5ft to step back away from the edge and  uses Ready action.  He will attack anyone that climbs up and gets within range.  He doesn't seem to notice Renda hanging off the side.....

Chris wrote:
    initiative Round 1

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13
    female 13
    bearded (2) 11
    bard 8
    patrol 4
    sleepers 3

also at 19, you hear a deep gruff voice growl back in reply from the captain's quarters,  "Aarrrggghhh,  always trouble when I am balls deep in a pair of fresh whores!"  
    His action is unseen, but easy to guess that he gets himself untangled from his companions and prepares to enter the fight next turn

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_13

Hawkes is up at 16
    Sam on deck at 14
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:12 pm

No reach to use fo AoO or interrupt-style bonus actions to make, proceed.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Stat block to come

Hawkes will climb and try to be quiet
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

8 + 3 = 11 to climb

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

12 + 5 = 17 stealth

Near the top, "Avast! D'ya think I come aplunderin on my lonesome. I ain't come for a fight," Hawkes apologies. "My birdie saw me in distress and led me leeward of ye. My ship was sacked by pirates; worst kind of em. Left me adrift for a day. Current brought me from yonder," he babbles with a gesture as he legs over the top.

Deception:

13 + 6 = 19

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 pm

DC is 15 to climb the side of the boat from the water, so Hawkes doesn't make it up or over. He can still try his deception from the water, of course.

Sam is up
    Crispy on deck
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:50 am

Hawkes will still engage in conversation via deception. Is that an action, or can he try to climb again?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:39 am

Sam casts Invisibility on himself and climbs over the side...

Athletics:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    20,+3
    Total:23

I assume that succeeds, lol...

Where did the Captain's voice come from? Sam wants to position himself right outside his door so that he can get him coming out?

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:27 am

navyik wrote:Hawkes will still engage in conversation via deception.  Is that an action, or can he try to climb again?

lol! try to follow along guys, this is now the 3rd time this issue has been asked....

climbing = move + athletics check with DC 15 (medium difficulty) to scale the side of a boat from the water with no handholds and being all wet.  (again, if you found something to climb it would be easier DC 10)

HIDE is an ACTION, so if you try to climb steathly (which you rolled), that is your action for the turn and you can't try to climb again

talking is not an action on your turn, it would take your reaction if not on your turn and would be limited to a very short utterance

Deception of 19 stands
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:31 am

whit10 wrote:Sam casts Invisibility on himself and climbs over the side...

Athletics:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    20,+3
    Total:23

I assume that succeeds, lol...  

Where did the Captain's voice come from?  Sam wants to position himself right outside his door so that he can get him coming out?

yes, DC 15 for the climb.  20 ft up and over the rails.  climbing is 1/2 speed as difficult terrain.  casting the spell is your action, so how much movement did you use climbing?  please declare your coordinate on the map using grid if you made it over the rail

the captain's voice came from the lower level of the back half of the boat, you would guess the stairs going down at O-7

and please post stat block with AC, HP, buffs\spells
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:33 am

Crispy is up  (I don't think Sam can make it over the rail anyways)

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 1

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13
    female 13
    bearded (2) 11
    bard 8
    patrol 4
    sleepers 3

Sam and Renda are at 0ft on deck level, the rest are -20ft in the water

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_13
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:03 pm

oops, my mistake. Sam is done then.

AC: 17
    +1 Studded Leather
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 51
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +4

yeah, I guess he still has 5' to go. Climbing sucks
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:16 pm

whit10 wrote:oops, my mistake.  Sam is done then.

+1 Studded Leather
    HP: 51

yeah, I guess he still has 5' to go.  Climbing sucks

great stat block, thanks!

Twisted Evil climbing is a good challenge even for 8th level studs cheers
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:30 pm

A grappling hook would work wonders right now.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:52 pm

I debated just using Misty Step but I figured he couldn't see a place to teleport to at the moment... oh well, best laid plans and all that...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Rolling Eyes if only there was something to climb up just hanging off the boat.....

Chris wrote:

The cog is anchored about 300 ft out in the bay.  

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Anchor10
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Crispy sighs at his friend's obvious difficulties getting it up. He lets the spirit of his draconic ancestors fill his bloodstream as he roars "We will have our vengeance for Gundrin!!". Crispy casts Fly and rockets out of the water:

Fly
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Touch
    Components: V S M (A wing feather from any bird)
    Duration: Up to 10 minutes
    You touch a willing creature. The target gains a flying speed of 60 feet for the duration. When the spell ends, the target falls if it is still aloft, unless it can stop the fall.
    At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 3rd.

He uses 30' of his 60' to rise to J-5 (+10').

As the cog's deck comes into view during his ascent Crispy will expend 2 Sorcery Points to cast Scorching Ray as a bonus action:

Scorching Ray
    Casting Time 1 action
    Range 120 feet
    Components V S
    Duration Instantaneous
    You create three fire rays. You can hurl them at one target or several. Make a ranged spell attack for each ray. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 fire damage.

He will target Stout Sgt. at L-7 with all three rays:

1.Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :
    10 + 6 = 16
    Dam: Result of the throw of dice "2d6" :
    2 + 3 = 5

2. Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :
    4 + 6 = 10

3. Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :
    12 + 6 = 18
    Dam: Result of the throw of dice "2d6" :
    5 + 1 = 6

Crispy will use his remaining flight movement to clear off to D-2 (+10') and await his chance to make another pass.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Whitey wrote:Crispy sighs at his friend's obvious difficulties getting it up. He lets the spirit of his draconic ancestors fill his bloodstream as he roars "We will have our vengeance for Gundrin!!". Crispy casts Fly and rockets out of the water:

Crispy will use his remaining flight movement to clear off to D-2 (+10') and await his chance to make another pass.

Crispy blasts the Stout Sgt twice with Scorching Rays!  He is hurt, but still up. His feather plume is scorched, which seems to upset him.
    the 2nd was correctly a miss

Crispy gets +1 Inspiration Point!  
    The IP is earned for both a spectacular visual and for being the only player to correctly take their turn lol!

(Renda was close, but no "take 10" in 5e and less visually dramatic action)

INSPIRATION
    Awarding inspiration is an effective way to encourage
    roleplaying and risk-taking. As explained in the Player's
    Handbook, having inspiration gives a character an
    obvious benefit: being able to gain advantage on one
    ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. Remember
    that a character can have no more than one inspiration
    at a time.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 1

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING (purple)
    female 13
    bearded (2) 11
    bard 8
    patrol 4
    sleepers 3

at 13, the female moves to I-10.  She pulls out what looks like a small child's stuffed doll.  Crispy realizes that it is no toy when she sticks it with a pin while chanting something under her breath

Hex
    1st-level enchantment
    Casting Time: 1 bonus action
    Range: 90 feet
    Components: V, S, M (the petrified eye of a newt)
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
    You place a curse on a creature that you can see within
    range. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6
    necrotic damage to the target whenever you hit it with
    an attack. A lso, choose one ability when you cast the
    spell. The target has disadvantage on ability checks
    made with the chosen ability.
    If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell
    ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn
    o f yours to curse a new creature.
    A remove curse cast on the target ends this spell early.

Crispy is HEXED Twisted Evil
    disadvantage to DEX checks

move, bonus and Ready - she appears to Ready herself for something, keeping an eye at the side of the boat where Hawkes yelled up

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_14
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:47 pm

But can she SEE Crispy? “The moon is partially obscured by clouds.“ and Crispy is now 40’ away from her in the night sky over dark water and the raised stern of the ship is between them...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:49 pm

at 11, the 2 bearded pirates go....

K-9 pirate flips the gaming table on its side and now enjoys 1/2 cover (action)
    he draws his pistol (move)
    done

K-7 draws his pistol as he moves to G-6 taking aim at the newly Hexed Crispy from a better vantage of the fore deck.  

Sadly, he is unaware of Renda and Sam lurking off the deck and will pass through both their threat zones to get to G-6

bounce do Renda or Sam want to use their Reaction for an AoO?
    Sam would have the first opportunity, as the pirate passes through his TZ first

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_16
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Whitey wrote:But can she SEE Crispy? “The moon is partially obscured by clouds.“ and Crispy is now 40’ away from her in the night sky over dark water and the raised stern of the ship is between them...

study a fair question!

Yes, she can see Crispy, though he wouldn't know how or why.

study she is 1/2 elven and enjoys 60ft of Darkvision
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Renda' Mon
    HP: 88/88
    SPD: 45
    AC: 18
    Prof: +3
    Ki pool: 6/6
    Condition; RAGED - +2 strength-based melee attacks, resistance vs slash, pierce, bludge
    Advantage on DEX saves vs things I can see.

Renda' springs up over the railing and takes a chomp at the passing pirate with his razor-sharp teeth like a crocodile launching out of the water after prey -

AoO/Reaction, unarmed:

12 + 6 = 18

Dmg if hits =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +4" :

4 + 5 = 9

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Chris wrote:
    Sadly, he is unaware of Renda and Sam lurking off the deck and will pass through both their threat zones to get to G-6

and just to clarify, both Renda and Sam are "unseen attackers" against this poor sap. so you get ADVANTAGE on your attack rolls, but reveal yourself whether you hit or miss
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Chris wrote:

MAS wrote:
    Renda' springs up over the railing and takes a chomp at the passing pirate with his razor-sharp teeth like a crocodile launching out of the water after prey -

very good, but Sam gets the first bite at this apple

if he passes or doesn't kill the pirate, Renda can perform his stated action, otherwise he remains an unseen lurker
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:39 pm

No worries, you have my rolls if you need them.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Sam is going to let him keep moving... not the right time to drop invisibility yet. (and to be completely fair and honest, I hadn't stated that he had drawn a weapon yet as he was still climbing)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:29 pm

whit10 wrote:Sam is going to let him keep moving... not the right time to drop invisibility yet. (and to be completely fair and honest, I hadn't stated that he had drawn a weapon yet as he was still climbing)

Matt agrees that it would be tactically best to wait and go for it on the next round, but Renda isnt much for strategy...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:10 pm

MAS wrote:

Dmg if hits =
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +4" :

4 + 5 = 9

Renda does his best croc munch attack and rends the pirate across his chest, spilling his guts on the deck like so much chum!

dead body = difficult terrain

The female witch is frustrated that her LoS is blocked by both the mast and the tiefling whore, she remains at the ready

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_17
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Renda' gulps down as much of the guts as he can as the corpse falls...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 1

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING (purple)
    Witch  13
    bearded (2) 11
    bard 8
    patrol 4
    sleepers 3

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Bard12

at 8, the Bard changes his tune as he moves around to G-9 to get a better look at Renda....

He strums a snappy game-show theme song and Visciously Mocks (action) Renda

What do you get a girl that likes crocodiles?

new shoes!

Renda must make a Wisdom save or be hit with 2d4 psychic damage and Disadvantage on his next attack roll

Result of the throw of dice "2d4" :

4 + 1 = 5

as a bonus action, he strum, strum, thumps.....strum, strum, thumps..... his guitar several times to the rhythm of "We will rock you" by the Queen's band and gives Stout Sgt a d8 of Bardic Combat Inspiration

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 4, the patrol ranger takes a step forward to P-6 drawing his bow.  He aims at Renda, as he is only human and can't see Crispy well enough to target him

The ranger uses his bonus action to put Hunter's Mark on Renda and then takes 1 shot with his long bow

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

16 + 7 = 23

hit!

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +1d6 +3" :

5 + 2 + 3 = 10 piercing damage, non magical

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

at 3, the 2 sleepers awaken, but they were not sleeping pirates, they are Rogan's 2 pet Worgs!  

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Wargs_10

they can't do anything but wake up this turn, luckily for the party

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

the 2 Tiefling whores are not in combat but they are scared, one moves onto the steps leading down at H-9 and the other ducks behind the overturned table granting her full cover.  they are no threat but they may get in the way

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_18

top of round 2, please adjust any buff counters you have running on your own, thanks

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

Renda is up at 23
    Sjon on deck at 19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:41 pm

MAS wrote:Renda' gulps down as much of the guts as he can as the corpse falls...

Twisted Evil finger-licking good! affraid
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Renda WIS save =

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2" :

12 + 2 = 14
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 am

Renda shrugs off the childish barb, no effect

Renda is up

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 am

Renda' Mon
    HP: 88/88
    SPD: 45
    AC: 18
    Prof: +3
    Ki pool: 6/6
    Condition; RAGED - +2 strength-based melee attacks, resistance vs slash, pierce, bludge
    Advantage on DEX saves vs things I can see.

Renda has the taste of blood now. He lets out a hideous combination of howl and hiss, then darts up the stairs towards his next prey...

GM, here is my intent. I have 2 attack actions and 1 bonus action that grants an additional unarmed attack, and 45 ft of movement. I want to go up the stairs to engage pirate @ 8-G, and then assuming I have additional attack capability left, come back down the other stairs to engage pirate @ 10-I with remaining attacks. I assume this will require a square of difficult terrain to cross the corpse I intend to create in the first engagement.

All will be Bite/piercing attacks. atk and dmg rolls below:

ATK#1 To Hit:

6 + 5 = 11

Dmg if Hits:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +5" :

1 + 5 = 6

ATK#2 To Hit:

17 + 5 = 22

Dmg if Hits:

5 + 5 = 10

ATK#3 To Hit:

9 + 5 = 14

Dmg if Hits:

4 + 5 = 9

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Renda's plan all seems fine and legal. With 45ft he could indeed make the rounds. However, Renda's tour-de-claws is stopped at G-7 as he only succeeds in hitting the witty bard one time which is not enough to drop him. Upon closer inspection, Renda notices that he is wearing a breastplate and seems light on his feet.

I will get the map updated later, i am cleaning house for 2 showings this avternoon.

Sjon is up, only change is Renda is now at G-7
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Sjon Barker Druid 8

Sjon  pulls his upper body above waterline, turns to Hawkes and says "See you topside" as bristly feathers begin to emerge from his skin.

As a bonus action, he uses his Wild Shape  ability to transform into a Giant Eagle.

His wings unfold as he takes flight. He ascends 25' into the air, notices the treacherous dog at L-7 and moves 5' to M-6 where he attacks.

Beak attack roll
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 6 + 5 = 11

Beak damage (just in case)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +3" : 5 + 3 = 8

Talons attack roll
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 12 + 5 = 17

Talons damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +3" : 4 + 4 + 3 = 11

After his attacks, Sjon swoops away from the boarding side of the ship and heads behind it, staying 15' above the water.  His remaining 50' (given elevation changes) should be just enough for him to end up at T-8.

Giant Eagle
    Large beast, Neutral Good
    Armor Class 13
    Hit Points 26 (4d10+4)
    Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft.
    Skills Perception +4
    Senses passive Perception 14
    Languages Giant Eagle, Understands Common And Auran But Can't Speak
    Keen Sight. The eagle has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
    Actions
    Multiattack. The eagle makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
    Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
    Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Josef909 wrote:

Sjon  pulls his upper body above waterline, turns to Hawkes and says "See you topside" as bristly feathers begin to emerge from his skin.

Talons attack roll
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 12 + 5 = 17

Talons damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +3" : 4 + 4 + 3 = 11

After his attacks, Sjon swoops away from the boarding side of the ship and heads behind it, staying 15' above the water.  His remaining 50' (given elevation changes) should be just enough for him to end up at T-8.

Giant Eagle
    Large beast, Neutral Good
    Armor Class 13
    Hit Points 26 (4d10+4)
    Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft.
    Skills Perception +4
    Senses passive Perception 14
    Languages Giant Eagle, Understands Common And Auran But Can't Speak
    Keen Sight. The eagle has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
    Actions
    Multiattack. The eagle makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
    Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
    Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.

Thanks for all the stats!

Now the party is starting to take flight and get after the pirate scum cheers

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Eagle10

Sjon misses with his beak but hits with the talons.  The Stout Sgt deflects some of the attack at the last second using his BM ability Parry!

Roll(1d8)+3:
    2,+3
    Total:5

he takes the other 6 and likes it so much, he uses his Reaction for an opportunity attack as Sjon attempts to fly away since he didn't use Disengage when moving out of Stout Sgt's threat zone

study I don't think he can use a bonus action, since it's not his turn, you got lucky there Big Bird

attack with his scimitar
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    20,+5
    Total:25

cheers CRIT!

double dmg dice
    Roll(2d6)+3:
    6,4,+3
    Total:13

13 slashing to the Sjon before he flies away to T-8

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_19

map updated with Sjon and Renda's moves
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Does BMs parry use his reaction? If so, there should be no AoO, right?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    XXXX 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

Stout Sgt is up himself at 19

first he will use get his Second Wind (bonus action) to recover
    Roll(1d10)+5:
    4,+5
    Total:9

9 HP restored

He realizes that he can't reach Renda, Sjon or Crispy and he already used his bonus action so he can't command  anyone else either....  Stout will move to L-6, sword at the ready to strike if he sees anyone else on the side of the boat....

study Sam is invisible and remains undetected.

XXXX (Rogan) is up at 19 but Sam can make an Opportunity Attack since Stout Sgt is busy looking for other swimmers.  Stout Sgt will see Hawkes and call out to alert the others to finish his turn. Then the action moves to Rogan

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_20

Sam?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Josef909 wrote:Does BMs parry use his reaction? If so, there should be no AoO, right?

cheers oh SNAP! you are most correct

GM has been pencil whooped Twisted Evil
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Wasn't sure if there was a special exception for this NPC or not.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:43 pm

No, not at all, lol. I just got carried away with what he could/not do. Wasted a crit, boo

He will get you next time, maybe
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:31 pm

sneak attack on Stout Sgt.

Roll(1d20)+8:
    16,+8
    Total:24

Assuming that hits...

Damage:

Roll(1d8)+5:
    7,+5
    Total:12 for the normal damage,

Roll(4d6)+0:
    6,6,3,1,+0
    Total:16 for sneak attack

Total - 28 damage

Sam is now visible (let me know if he dies so that Sam can say something witty)

+1 Studded Leather
    HP: 72
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:24 am

whit10 wrote:sneak attack on Stout Sgt.

Total - 28 damage  

Sam is now visible (let me know if he dies so that Sam can say something witty)

OUCH!  nice hit, but Stout Sgt lives up to his name and stays on his feet.

Chris wrote: The witch appears to Ready herself for something, keeping an eye at the side of the boat where Hawkes yelled up

Chris wrote:
    The female witch is frustrated that her LoS is blocked by both the mast and the tiefling whore, she remains at the ready

Sam is now visible on the side of the boat which fulfills the witch's Readied action "cast Eldritch Blast if she sees any enemy at the side of the boat"  

Eldritch Blast 1 of 2 against Sam

16 + 7 = 23

hit!  

damage 1d10+4 (agonizing blast for CHA damage to blast)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +4" :

6 + 4 = 10

Sam is also knocked 10ft back (Repelling Blast) which puts him back into the water  Twisted Evil
    there is no save or way to negate the effect

Sam is now at K-3 and -20ft from the deck level 0

R e p e l l in g B l a s t
    Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
    When you hit a creature with eldritch blast, you can push
    the creature up to 10 feet away from you in a straight line.

She gets a 2nd Eldritch Blast at 5th and since Sam is no longer a viable target.... she will fire at Renda who has conveniently moved back into her LoS

at Renda

5 + 7 = 12

a sickly green ray whizzes in Renda's vacinity though not particularly close

map updated

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 2 Rogan_21

more updates, stand by....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:52 am