Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Next target

Post  navyik on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 pm

"So, matey's, do we seek fortune? I am wondering what happened to the loot Rogan lost and whether his death lifts the curse. I think we could benefit from a little research on Dwarven Curses and the ancient Dwarven city. 'twas why I was hoping to barter for the life of the dwarven Lass."
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Re: Next target

Post  MAS on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

"Dwarf meat gamey." (Renda is down with that)
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 pm

"Research on the ancient Dwarven city, huh? Yeah. That sounds alright. Maybe we can even kill two birds with one stone...no offense, Feathers."

"The seas and skies continue to speak to me. No words, mind you. More like...an itch. Nature seeks to share its power, and so I must need something treasured enough to focus that power. The Dwarves are known miners and merchants, and it just so happens that ol' Sjon Barker is in the market for some particular merchandise. Diamond dust, rare and expensive oils, and an exquisite focus. I don't know what I'll have after the plunder is split, but my list grows long and I'm guaranteed to be pursepoor for quite some time."

"All of that, along with the needed research, to help us find Gundren's fortune. I say we carry away after we've rested and provisioned our new ship. One that needs to be given a name if i'm not mistaken."
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:30 am

Josef909 wrote:"Research on the ancient Dwarven city, huh?  Yeah.  That sounds alright.  Maybe we can even kill two birds with one stone...no offense, Feathers."

"The seas and skies continue to speak to me.  No words, mind you.  More like...an itch.  Nature seeks to share its power, and so I must need something treasured enough to focus that power.  The Dwarves are known miners and merchants, and it just so happens that ol' Sjon Barker is in the market for some particular merchandise.  Diamond dust, rare and expensive oils, and an exquisite focus.  I don't know what I'll have after the plunder is split, but my list grows long and I'm guaranteed to be pursepoor for quite some time."

"All of that, along with the needed research, to help us find Gundren's fortune.  I say we carry away after we've rested and provisioned our new ship.  One that needs to be given a name if i'm not mistaken."

"Be careful what you say about renaming ships, my friend," Hawkes counters a little more sharply than intended. Then he recovers his humor.

"There is a protocol for that, else we make her unlucky. First ye find and remove every last vestage of the old name on the ship. Not just the Name on her stern. Nay, the logues and documents also. The old name must be stricken with prejudice. And do not so much as utter, guess at, or doodle her new name until it is done. When its all done and checked thrice, then we choose a name and Christen her.

Hawkes is surely decedent, but he is superstitiously Catholic.

"Rest assured, Sjon, if it is beneficial to our exploits, you shall have what finances are disposable to the equipping of the ship. You are the quartermaster now. If the ship needs diamond dust and oils, then make an accounting."
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 am

"superstitiously Catholic"???

whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am

Sam (while gleefully looking over the loot) suggests to no one in particular... "call her the Gundren's Revenge"
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Before Sam can curse the ship like a damn fool, Renda throws a bucket at him, interrupting him before he utters the suggested name.

"Capatan said NO NAME NOW. Hush"
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

MAS wrote:Before Sam can curse the ship like a damn fool, Renda throws a bucket at him, interrupting him before he utters the suggested name.

"Capatan said NO NAME NOW. Hush"

lol!
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Ok, let me see if I can narrow down your choices with some information.  I DO want this to be a sandbox-style adventure, but I think I need to give some background.

Currently, the Eye rests in Wyvern Bay on one of hundreds of smaller islands in the Archipelago, shown in red.

To the north lies the Elven Ikkinid Empire.  They have built a massive wall to keep out the neighboring human horse-tribes.   The Imperial culture is full of art, music, architecture, technology and magic.  The horse-tribes are nomads with a keen mind for mounted warfare.  

Due East are the human tribes of the Azteca.  They are primitive but have built impressive cities for trade.  

South of the Azteca is the Dwarven Salaharda Caliphate.  Their capital city of Bhornalduhr sits in the fertile delta of the mighty Ganyar river.  The Caliphate welcomes trade but rules with a religious zealotry that includes the holy Gassaric assassins.  

Across the sea, to the SW, are the orkish raider tribes of the Nhorolo, likely Rogan's people.  

North of them on the Western Continent are the dwarven mountain tribes of the Dhern Faruhm Mountains.  They are wild and savage folk pinned between orks and Vocheoria, the insectoid races of the far north.

In general, the Eastern continent is built on trade and boasts higher tech civilizations.  The Western continent is more tribal and primitive by nature.  

You could have many adventures just within the Archipelago, should you choose to stay there.  That is the main area of pirates and merchants passing between the Ikkinid Empire and the Salaharda Caliphate.
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:51 pm

“Maybe um, we could snatch the dwarven girl before Bahar’s uhhh... lady...can get to her? Make it like a, uh, disappearance? Or we could um, yeah, hop islands over to the dwarven coast and snatch one there?”

DM, what was our crew’s mission before Rogan killed Gundren?
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:42 pm

That is a very good question, Mike. We might have been close to a particular purpose sailing with Gundren. Rogan interrupted that plan, but with him out of the picture, we are free to pursue it.

As for this:
    whit10 wrote:"superstitiously Catholic"???
    This is someone who has no real personal connection to the religious beliefs of his family, but because he was raised in a religion, he maintains a perception of propriety affected by religious constructs. Hawkes can loot, and whore, and drink, and cuss, but he worries that God will get mad at him for talking about such things in a church or within earshot of a nun. He chafes at the company of paladins and all but the most tolerant of clergy. Some day he plans to get right with God, but he has to quit sinning first, (which is theologically backwards as biblically speaking he cannot quit sinning without God). Hawkes is an equal opportunity believer in superstition, (and is privately freaked out that Renda could turn out to be right about clan and food). He will as soon consult a witchdoctor as he will a priest, but the priest will have advantage until the next time whatever thing Hawkes is trying to quit doing wrong becomes overwhelming.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Whitey wrote:

DM, what was our crew’s mission before Rogan killed Gundren?

You tell me what you were doing, this is your story, not mine
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:42 pm

"Raiding before. Raiding now?"
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:04 pm

"Right oh mate..." (regarding the Catholic comment).

As for naming the ship... there's being superstitious and reality. If we're getting all piratee here, they generally named a vessel for a particular person or often, a cause.

Queen Anne's Revenge (Black Beard's ship) - named for Queen Anne, a Stuart monarch of England and many of the famous pirates of the Caribbean were anti- Hanoverian (King George I) and so forth. They were often political or just personal when it came to names. The superstitious stuff is a lot of bollocks. They were superstitious about a lot, but ship names were pretty far down the list....

Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Did they have magic, undead, and dragons?
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:30 am

not the point, the superstitious thing is a bit much IMHO.

But ya know what... fine, whatever, let's just freakin' stop wasting time with pointless speeches and pontificating.

Where are we headed next?
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:52 am

whit10 wrote:not the point, the superstitious thing is a bit much IMHO.

But ya know what... fine, whatever, let's just freakin' stop wasting time with pointless speeches and pontificating.

Where are we headed next?  

That was Alan role-playing his character, doing some world-building in this fantasy genre campaign. I did not find it to be waste of my time, in fact, I enjoyed it and felt it added flavor to the game. Thank you Alan for your creative contributions - please keep them up.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:58 am

I'm not picking on Alan or anyone else, I just think the constant soliloquies slow things down.
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 am

or you could say the constant arguing out of character slows things down lol!
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:24 am

...point well made. I'm done
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:37 pm

"So anyways...
    Is anyone else bothered by the Krakken that we just saw? Just gloss over that one then, aye?"
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Josef909 wrote:"So anyways...
    Is anyone else bothered by the Krakken that we just saw? Just gloss over that one then, aye?"

Renda turns to Sjon, noting his concern. He pats his big friend on the shoulder, reassuringly.

"Kraken serve Elys-yss. Keep Eiys-yss fed, all be happy. Worked for first Clan, will work for second Clan. Trust and see."

He beams with pride as if he has just explained a very deep truth.
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Sam shivers with momentary fear at the mention of the Kraken... "glad you made that beastie go away mate, big ugly monsters under the sea....." He quakes with fear again and goes back to admiring the loot.

"I like the suggestion that we go in search of info about the Dwarves and Gundren"
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 am

whit10 wrote:Sam shivers with momentary fear at the mention of the Kraken... "glad you made that beastie go away mate, big ugly monsters under the sea....." He quakes with fear again and goes back to admiring the loot.

"I like the suggestion that we go in search of info about the Dwarves and Gundren"

Hawkes worries that it will not be Renda controlling the Kraken, but the Kraken controling the crew. And what if the Kraken tires of dog meat and honest kills?

"Aye Sam. If Gundren knew any secrets to the dwarven treasures, they went to his watery grave. Even his first mate did not know. We just need a lead; an old trusted friend... Or enemy... But if Rogan knew something we would have found it here..."

"Once the launches are retrieved we can weigh anchor. Let us head to a port that Gundren preferred most."

Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:56 am

Bumped from the loot thread:

Crispy tucks the Bead of Force into his new belt, then heads below deck to find a bunk. On his way down, he says “umm, yeah, I’m pretty tired guys. I’m for sailing east to Gundrens home port in the morning...but uhh, yeah whatever you want to do’s fine with me.”
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 am

sounds good to me
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:09 am

the party is dividing up the loot in character, awesome roleplaying!

sounds like you set sail for the Dwarven Salaharda Caliphate and the capital city of Bhornalduhr to look for clues to the ancient city of Frostheim and the lost orkish fleet

party gets a long rest over night, bonds with items, focuses on items etc

I will get a new chapter up and going shortly

Chris wrote:

South of the Azteca is the Dwarven Salaharda Caliphate. Their capital city of Bhornalduhr sits in the fertile delta of the mighty Ganyar river.

The Caliphate welcomes trade but rules with a religious zealotry that includes the holy Gassaric assassins.

Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content