Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Equipment

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Equipment - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Equipment - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Equipment - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Equipment - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Equipment - Page 2 Empty Re: Equipment

Post  navyik Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 am

Any rules for sawing off the ol' scatter-gun?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 am

I'll have to research it... but off the top of my head, I'd say sawed-off = 1/2 range, +1 to hit.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Equipment - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Equipment - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

Any chance for shotgun slug damage to raise by one die type? (2d10 for 12 ga. And 2d12for 10ga.)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 pm

navyik wrote:Any chance for shotgun slug damage to raise by one die type? (2d10 for 12 ga. And 2d12for 10ga.)

Sawed-off is buckshot.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 pm

I know but am thinking of adding a lever action 10 ga. to his arsenal if he can get slugs that do more dmg. Than the carbine. (Aside from that there'd be no point). Also since steampunk optics are available, can he get a scope?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 am

2d12 for 10 gauge slugs sounds reasonable. Do slugs cost the same as buckshot?

Scopes: sounds cool. I don't have any rules for it, but off the top of my head: Use a move action for +2 attack roll. Cost would be similar to binoculars?

Adding new rules and equipment is great! Just so long as there is an eye towards balance. I'd be interested in adding gear from other D20 supplements that might be compatible with the steampunk, pre-electrotech days of Weird West Aerth... D20 Modern comes to mind, as well as Spycraft, or Call of Cthulhu. Already using Sidewinder: Recoiled and Northern Crown books in addition to the regular Radiance text. Keeping in mind too, that costs and mechanics would need to be adjusted.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 am

I would pay more for slugs with a clear conscience...

In starwars d20 scopes cut down range penalties for a number of range increments depending on their quality and size/price, (if my memory is clear). I would agree to your take one it too though. given the way other abilities work the move action is appropriate, but there oughta be a way to use both your scope and your other abilities that give you bonuses to hit from move actions for taking careful aim. Maybe a scopes move action (specifically) can be combined with other aim related move actions by forfeiting a swift action? scratch

So what IS the damage reduction for wearing a cast-iron furnace door on your chest? tongue
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:10 am

navyik wrote:I would pay more for slugs with a clear conscience...

In starwars d20 scopes cut down range penalties for a number of range increments depending on their quality and size/price, (if my memory is clear). I would agree to your take one it too though. given the way other abilities work the move action is appropriate, but there oughta be a way to use both your scope and your other abilities that give you bonuses to hit from move actions for taking careful aim. Maybe a scopes move action (specifically) can be combined with other aim related move actions by forfeiting a swift action? scratch

So what IS the damage reduction for wearing a cast-iron furnace door on your chest? tongue

For the scope stats, I used the Cool Head gunslinger ability as inspiration. Some abilities do allow you to gain an extra move action, or maybe just spend a faith point. That way, you could stack scope's ability with Perfect Aim or Cool Head.

Cast-iron furnace DR is 5. It would be like mechaplate, only mundanely-crafted. And it would be unwieldy!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:46 am

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content