Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Auren heads down the road on horseback. He hears gunshots in the distance. It isn't long until he spots Tommy sitting on a boulder by the side of the road. The gunslinger is loading a couple pistols. His warhorse Goliath grazes a few dozen yards off.

    Auren's reputation is known to Tommy, while the marshal immediately recognizes the hired gun, from some of his earlier jobs.

    At this point, you guys can describe each other and interact however you wish.
    avatar
    whit74

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2011-11-15

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    84/0  (84/0)
    Action Points:
    38/68  (38/68)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit74 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm

    Tommy looks up from oiling and cleaning his guns... 'mornin sheriff, wasn't expectin to see ya here'
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 am

    GM - yes, Marshall Sparks would prefer a lemonade (greatest human invention he has discovered to date) and just to listen to Billy play, thanks. I think he had 9\15 vitality, so +4 for 1 hr and +5 for new level, he should now have 18\20. Must remember some Calfrass roots.....

    for lvl 4, I will go with basic tier abilites: Holy Smite and Repulse Evil, minor theme Martial Skills, but the Intermediate Tier is still making me think..... although I am leaning more towards Blessed Wpn now than Armor Spec......

    Marshall Sparks rides up casually, greatsword slung on his back and his big 50 rifle strapped to High Dollar.

    "Good afternoon. Mr. Claiborne isn't it? I didn't expect to find myself out here today either, now that you mention it. If you have a minute for a strange tale, I would inquire if you have ever heard or seen anything like it. As you know, I am not... from around here. So I am not always sure what humans consider natural. It will only take a minute, as I am trying to reach Bossman Biggs before sundown. Can I bend your ear for a quick bit?"
    avatar
    whit74

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2011-11-15

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    84/0  (84/0)
    Action Points:
    38/68  (38/68)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit74 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am

    "What's on yer mind? I ain't see nuthing out of the ordinary today... just been having target practice."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

    Marshall Sparks shares the encounter from the Velvet Palace with Claiborne. For brevity he omits the details about Sally, the other whores, etc. He describes how the cowboys morphed into black skinned creatures upon their death and that they seemed tougher than normal men. Auren finishes by showing Claiborne the black skinned corpse tied to the back of his horse. (remember Zyd took the burned Frank body to show Doc and Bufford and Auren took the Zeke one in better condition).

    Auren concludes, "So far my investigation suggests they are a type of Shapeshifter, but I cannot confirm that yet. I am heading out to Bossman Biggs ranch to inquire about his former employees. I don't have any reason to suspect Biggs at this time, I just want to learn where these guys have been recently, if they have been showing any unusual behavior, how long they have worked for Biggs... that type of thing."

    As Marshall Sparks wraps the corpse back up, he eyes Claiborne and says, "I only have 2 deputies, which leaves me short handed for an investigation of this scale. Would you be interested in being temporarily deputized to help me? I can offer standard deputy pay and a fair cut of any loot we find on the trail."
    avatar
    whit74

    Posts : 154
    Join date : 2011-11-15

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    84/0  (84/0)
    Action Points:
    38/68  (38/68)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit74 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:06 pm

    "why sure Sheriff, been needin some, ah, 'legitimate' work lately anyway". No knowledge skills so, I'm sure he hasn't the foggiest as to what Auren is going on about

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

    Auren replies, "let's get moving then, we are still a few hours from Bigg's ranch and we are bleeding daylight. I need to be back in Pestilence tomorrow for a government envoy - maybe more trouble up north with the Apache. When it rains, it floods, as the Drack say."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

    Around that time, as they prepare to leave, from around the bend emerges a covered wagon.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    Jacque-Pierre also sees the two mounted warriors by the road side.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:50 pm

    Is the wagon coming from town or going towards it?

    does Marshall Sparks recognize JP from his trading business in Pestilence?

    perception if it helps
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

    1 + 9 = 10

    "der.... look, the sky is green today!"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

    This is getting too coincidental.. Auren sees Tommy load and level his big fifty rifle in the direction of the coach. "you expectin' more cump-ny sheriff?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 am

    The covered wagon is leaving town, going south, the same direction as the other two riders.

    Now it is customary that the mountain men in the area are cloaked in anonymity. They usually prefer it that way. Neither Tommy or Auren recognize Jacque-Pierre.

    However, Jacque has heard of the respected drack paladin, who was recently made marshal of this frontier town.

    And to recap, you are all only a short distance outside of town, so that you can still see a couple buildings in the distance.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 am

    "easy Tommy-gun, he's coming from town on a main road. Unless he morphs into some weird black creature, we should be ok."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 am

    "well, he could be a yankee" Tommy smiles as he lowers his rifle.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:10 pm

    "Yon-key.... this is a name from your Civilization War? In our ancient history, the Drack Skalds tell of a war not fought against outsiders, but within our own civilization. They call it the Bloodiest War, since killing an enemy was really like bleeding your own body. Drack killed Drack, it was senseless. The War raged from our home-plane of Umbrogis, or Dracos in your tongue, through many of our colonies in the outer planes."

    Auren eyes the approaching mountain man, "Will his homeworld cause a problem with you?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:32 pm

    Jp's exceptional perception causes him to stop as he eyes the long rifle pointed in his direction. Just prior you may have heard him singing (off key) to the tune of a limmerick-ridden french-cannadian song about a bar maid and a sailor. clown

    "Vat deu yeu sink dey eez deuing, eh jean-pau?" He asks one of his horses. "Bah, zeez, how yeu say," (screwing up his face to mouth the word), "cowboieess, no. Zeez cowboiees, zay ahr strange eh?" A slightly better than casual listener would hear this dicourse. The horse replies only with a snort. "Ah, indeed lucie," to the other horse. "Ah shall make zee talkie talkie wiz zem..."

    Jp speaks up. "Hallo-o! Ah promize naht teu keel yeu! Zat eez unlez yeur skeen weould make ah geud coat, eh?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 pm

    Marshall Sparks hopes the odd human is only joking, but his grasp of Aerth humor is tenuous, "A coat? No, but I have been told my skin would make fine boots. But dead men sell no scales, if I am speaking your tongue correctly. Are you a trappeur in this area?"

    this is a pretty good idea of what a Drack looks like. the marshall does wear a red bandana around his neck and currently a cowboy hat for the sun, but JP can see an armored helm and a long rifle on his horse. the greatsword is slung on his back.

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:59 pm

    Jp moves the wagon a little closer. "Aaah... boots maybee... heh heh. Ahnd ah sootcaisee, no? Baht ah sink ze no let me sehl pelts een tahwn any meore eef ah skeen zehr marshall... ah sink ah let yeu go eef yeu promise naht teu eat me, deal?" Chuckling with proffered familiarity. jocolor
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm

    Auren smiles in reply, "Do not fear, I have no taste for humans, you are too.... bitter. It comes from all the garbage you eat. Now if you were elven.... they taste like your chickens."

    Marshall sparks uncovers the black skinned corpse he had just shown Tommy, "2 of these strange creatures just caused a fuss at the Velvet Palace. My deputy is taking the other corpse to see if Doc knows anything about them. I believe they are a type of shapeshifter. Have you ever seen anything like this in your travels?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:17 pm

    Jp is wearing a coon skin hat and bear hide over a striped shirt, too tight black trousers, and red suspenders. Badger skin moccassins (sp) cover his calves. A spencer carbine rests across his knees and a shotgun hangs on his hip, ( sawed off a la mad max). Cool
    He is slouchy and portly, but with deceptively wirey legs and arms. He also wears an over sized but neatly groomed beard. Most noticable, as he gets closer, are his eyes. One is brown and normal. The other is gray and oversized with a tiny pupil that constantly twitches. pirat

    Knowledge nature roll of 5+7=12
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

    "Jacque-pierre has seen many strange seengs, eh?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 pm

    I am trying to find something odd enough to be JP, these are ok, but too normal.....

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    but I did find this gun to make you smile

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:04 pm

    Oon la la-ah! Jp wants one; can i rob?, can i?!?!?!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:21 pm

    navyik wrote:"Jacque-pierre has seen many strange seengs, eh?"

    Undoubtedly. However, this particular Monster Lore check is based on Dungeoneering... JP knows nothing about what Auren shows him. Suspect
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 pm


    a sculpture:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:25 pm

    navyik wrote:Oon la la-ah! Jp wants one; can i rob?, can i?!?!?!

    what is it???
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 pm

    I have no idea, I just googled images of "strange trappeur" and it came up about 1/2 down the page..... comes from a site called [Only admins are allowed to see this link] gun nut site
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

    I would adjudicate that a 7-barrell percussion musket.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 pm

    Tommy has an odd smile on his face directed at the new arrival until he sees the blackened corpses... "no sheriff, I ain't seen nothin like that." No knowledge skills Sad
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

    Anyone can attempt to use any skill. Basically, an Int check for Tommy...
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 am

    Roll of 19 to make a 21 on dungeoneering. Idea
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 am

    navyik wrote:Roll of 19 to make a 21 on dungeoneering. Idea

    Your earlier roll was for basic identification. We'll keep that roll but use your Dungeoneer skill instead: 5+2=7. Unfortunately, JP doesn't recognize the slimy black (headless) corpse.


    Last edited by Robyo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 am

    navyik wrote:I would adjudicate that a 7-barrell percussion musket.

    No reason why JP (and friends) couldn't craft such a weapon, given enough money, materials and a suitable crafting check.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:14 pm

    Marshall Sparks asks JP, "We are heading the same direction as you, it seems. Would you be interested in accompanying us as far as the Brigg's ranch? I don't know what else we'll find, but if it leads to more strange beasts, you could end up with some rare and profitable skins....."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:09 pm

    For expediency, I'm choosing to fast forward the story a bit. Definitely appreciate the role-playing, guys. It's fun to see everyone's characters taking on life.

    *I also posted a houserule concerning time limits in the Q&A thread...


    We'll assume JP agrees to go with Auren and Tommy, if not to join the investigation, then at least to travel together for a time. The French mountain man is on his way to Chino, a villa in the southeast.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    The road twists and winds over the rocky countryside. There are no other travelers, but multitudes of wildlife scamper about. The sun is slowly falling westward.

    After going another hour, you enter into a dark, shadowy canyon. The sides along the road rise up into cliffs of rock. The road grows narrow. The landscape is stony and bleak, but some vegetation still grows. A dry wind blows through the hollow. In the distance, a crow caws menacingly.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm

    Marshall Sparks volunteers to lead the way, since he knows where the Biggs' ranch is located. If the road is wide enough, Tommy is welcome to ride abreast. Great helm is off, wpns stowed as described earlier.

    Auren offers his companions some encouragement in this dark place, "It shouldn't be much further now, just past this canyon, if I recall. Hopefully Bossman Biggs is still as hospitable as he used to be."

    great scenery by the way
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:22 pm

    "I never like canyons... too easy for ambushes." Tommy's guns are loaded and ready with the rifle resting on the pommel of his saddle.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    The road forks and a narrow trail splits to the left, winding down the cliff side. A wooden sign is posted and says: "Chino 8 miles" with a carved arrow pointing towards the pony trail (east).

    Down the trail, you notice a solitary horse. It's grazing, paying little attention to you. There is a saddle on the horse, but no rider can be seen.

    On the road side, beside the sign, you notice a dead rattlesnake. It looks as if it's been shot.

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    You can not see over the side of the ledge, but it is reasonable to assume it is at least 30' drop. Vultures circle overhead.

    *I took the pix before Auren announced taking point in the marching order. Consider him switched with Tommy. We're not in initiative right now. It's free actions at this point...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:53 pm

    Marshall Sparks halts High Dollar and draws his sword. He calls out in a loud, clear voice, "Hello! Is anybody injured?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 pm

    "Stay readee, leetail heorsies, no? Eef zees ees ah prahblem, we... how yeu say... 'skeedaddel'"

    Shotgun is out and ready, braced across arm rest. Basketball
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 pm

    There is no immediate response.

    Everyone please roll active perception..

    Does anyone dismount and/or move around?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 pm

    just as good on horseback, thanks. Smile

    Perception:

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    17,+4
    Total:21

    By the way... I haven't made a roll for Grit points for the day (sorry, forgot all about it)

    Roll(1d4)+1:
    2,+1
    Total:3

    Those can be used to improve shooting or my reflex saves on a point for point basis


    Last edited by whit10 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:41 pm

    Marshall Sparks will hop off his horse, put on his helmet and begin slowly heading down the trail towards the rider-less horse. Auren will use his Detect Evil ability aiming in the direction he is walking. Let's say Auren is at H-8, a 30ft cone centered on the horse, would basically cover the entire corner of the map, including 30' up\down, since it is a 3D cone.

    Perception check
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    4 + 7 = 11

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 pm

    Perception roll 14+16=30 What a Face
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:10 am

    Auren detects no "evil" (fiends of undead) within the cone.

    As the marshal heads down the trail, he hears what the others hear as well (while still on their mounts): a soft moaning sound, perhaps of someone in pain. It seems to be coming from past the ledge.


    *Just to be clear (because I'm no accomplished artiste!), the walls of the canyon all ascend upward (50'-100'), except for south of the pony trail (the upside down "U"), where it is a drop off of 30' or more.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 am

    Marshall Sparks will slowly continue towards the sound, staying on the trail as long as he can. "Is anyone injured? I am a State Marshall, we are here to help."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am

    Jp will pull the wagon forward as far as he can to gain a better view. Neutral
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:20 am

    navyik wrote:Perception roll 14+16=30 What a Face

    wow! I didn't notice the +16, bon crunchee monsieur weirdeaux francais

    /aside start setting up fifi
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am

    just out of curiosity Alan, how'd you get a perception that high?

    Tommy will cover Auren as he moves, keeping himself and Goliath within 60 ft of him.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:28 pm

    plenty of skill boosts, if you take them, especially for you huymons, prob ranger class too.
    I have +9 without much effort Wink
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 pm

    ah... guess that's it. I'm up in that range for Heal, Handle Animal and Tricks

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 am