Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Share
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:06 pm

    Jp only prays in fox holes. He will pray to paledine due to recent exposure to the marshal. (Jp is neutral with chaotic good tendencies which is too far on the alignment chart from lg, but if paledine is merciful jp will shift slightly for a short time before finding a naturalistic explaination for any apparent miracle).
    "Paledine eef yeu gedtz mee ouda dees ah nevearr goe eenteu zee house ahf dee lacy she she hoo hah again!" pig

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 pm

    If paledine acts on jps behalf, jp will roll a d6 to add 5 to the first roll and then reroll the second roll: got a 1. Paledine doesnt listen. Suspect
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:32 pm

    *again, I don't have my Radiance downloaded here at my folks, sorry....

    could Auren use a faith pt to buy a move action and jump out of the carriage shortly before it crashes - like an athletics move?

    I am thinking - wait until it is close enough to the ground that the fall doesn't kill Auren outright, but still high enough up that he can jump clear of the boulders and hopefully some of the explosion when the gas in the balloon explodes?

    and is it crashing this turn? Auren would sure like to save Lou if possible.....
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:14 pm

    What are these faith points of which you speak? Didn't see that one anywhere
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:16 pm

    Deity section
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14 am

    navyik wrote:If paledine acts on jps behalf, jp will roll a d6 to add 5 to the first roll and then reroll the second roll: got a 1. Paledine doesnt listen. Suspect

    The scoundrel JP manages a clumsy divine exultation to the lawful dragon of justice, and climbs the first 15' up the rope. But doubt and fear re-enter his spirit and he loses steam half-way up.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am

    whit10 wrote:What are these faith points of which you speak? Didn't see that one anywhere

    like Super-duper action points and they replenish every level !!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 am

    Chris wrote:*again, I don't have my Radiance downloaded here at my folks, sorry....

    could Auren use a faith pt to buy a move action and jump out of the carriage shortly before it crashes - like an athletics move?

    I am thinking - wait until it is close enough to the ground that the fall doesn't kill Auren outright, but still high enough up that he can jump clear of the boulders and hopefully some of the explosion when the gas in the balloon explodes?

    and is it crashing this turn? Auren would sure like to save Lou if possible.....

    Crashing this turn, yes.

    You could spend two faith points to gain: a standard (Athletics check to break Lou free of the hardened, sticky goo); and a move action to jump (Acrobatics check to roll with the inertia of falling).

    It's a floaty, uncontrolled descent. It's going down at the end of this turn: 3D6 falling damage, half if Ref resists...

    ***One other thing concerning Auren and Faith Pts: I know I said earlier on that he could have a number of faith pts equal to his level (since he is a divinely-influenced class). But, the Believer theme has an ability that allows exactly that: Bonus Faith Points. So, Auren should take Believer if he wants double his faith pts. The marshal should still have 2 available, since I don't think he used any since he leveled up to 4th.




    Last edited by Robyo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:48 am

    Not doubt and fear...hes second guessing his promise to give up hookers...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:34 pm

    Auren makes a snap decision and offers up a prayer to Paledine, "Give my hands the speed to do good work in your name!"

    Use a faith pt for a standard action to attempt to free Lou from the Goo

    Athletics
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

    18 + 12 = 30

    "Hang on, partner, you are not forgoten...."


    *I am going to save his other action pt in case I need the +d6 on the reflex save, given his lack of acrobatics ability
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 pm

    Auren breaks the sticky bonds that had Lou pinned to the floor.

    There is scarce a moment to rest when the carriage of the hot-air balloon crashes into the pile of boulders. The jagged rocks smash through the wooden flooring and in the wake of it, debris of shattered wood, broken glass, and bits of metal lay all around.

    Wound Damage to occupants:
    Illithrix - 5pts (not resisted)
    Lou - 3 damage (resisted)
    Auren - 3 damage (resisted)

    *Lou and Auren are Dazed (one round) and Illithris is Unconscious.

    Excellent job Auren, for freeing Lou, who would not have recieved a REF save if he had still been pinned.

    The balloon wavers in the air for a bit, then begins to slowly float down to rest on top of the carriage debris. There doesn't seem to be any danger of fire.

    What will the heroes do now? The sun continues to dip in the west, but it is still daylight.




    Last edited by Robyo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 pm

    Jps interests go as follows. First the Ilthrix needs to be fully subdued or dead. Reload. Then loot the balloon of any macinery that he can get into his wagon, including that zap gun. (I dont mind if someone else wants to claim it). Also want to get the balloon itself or as much material from it as he can if its too much. Then check out the cave if thers time.

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm

    Limp over to the balloon wreckage and search the Ilithrix and the pilot after helping up the Marshall
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 pm

    Robyo wrote:.
    Wound Damage to occupants:
    Illithrix - 5pts (not resisted)
    Lou - 3 damage (resisted)
    Auren - 3 damage (resisted)

    *Lou and Auren are Dazed (one round) and Illithris is Unconscious.

    Excellent job Auren, for freeing Lou, who would not have recieved a REF save if he had still been pinned.

    *thanks! like Auren told the townies, his mission (in his own mind) is to protect the people above all else**

    After shaking off the tweety birds around his head.....

    Marshall Spark's interests:

    put the Illithrix in his best chains after disarm\search for other weapons. Any way to restrain his tentacles? (sort of meta-knowledge, but he also put away his zap gun and flared his tentacles at Auren, so it is reasonable to assume they are a greater threat than the zap gun, at least at close range)
    **Manacles with average (DC25) locks (3) **

    Use Lay on hands on Lou (1d8+4, so that covers the 3 pts without rolling)

    Lay Hands on myself

    Does the pilot morph into a slimeball too?

    Question Lou about Bossman Biggs, the Illithrix, Zap guns, etc.

    We probably should set up camp for the night, get some rest (vitality pts) and finish the trek in the AM. Especially considering the new information, Bossman Biggs is now under high suspicsion!

    Auren has no interest in the Zap gun, but he wants it to be fair. Let's see if there is any other loot or if JP wants all the carriage\balloon parts as his cut and Tommy can have the gun, or whatever.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 am

    "Hey Marshall... got any of that voodoo for me? I'm feelin' a might weird." Tommy says with continuing spasms from the electricity... he'll also examine the Zap gun
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 am

    Chris wrote:Does the pilot morph into a slimeball too?

    Robyo wrote:The pilot is dead. His corpse transformed into one of those black slimy guys.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 am

    Illithrix is still Unconscious and manacled by the marshal.

    Items of interest found in the wreckage & on illithrix:
    ~Zap Gun
    ~Grenade Pistol
    ~Bandolier of Grenades
    ~X2 Batteries
    ~Data Crystal

    There are mundane items left behind by the slimeballs and wreckage: 50 gp, guns, rope, navigation maps, some beef jerky, whiskey, etc...

    *BTW, the slimeballs' clothes transform/disappear when they do, but the guns remain.

    All in agreement to camp the night and take a 6 hour rest?

    ***Auren recalls that he's scheduled to be back in town the next day to meet the magistrate. No exact time was given in the telegram when he would arrive.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 am

    whit10 wrote:"Hey Marshall... got any of that voodoo for me? I'm feelin' a might weird." Tommy says with continuing spasms from the electricity... he'll also examine the Zap gun

    Lay on Hands only restores Wound pts, not vitality. I can use the Healing skill for a few pts of vitality, but rest (with calfrass) and hookers (or other entertainment) is what fixes vitality.

    If Tommy has wound damage, I can heal 1d8+4
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +4" :

    3 + 4 = 7

    I don't remember what the skill fixes, so maybe Josh or Rob can just roll it for me.

    Auren still wants to question Lou once we make camp but isn't too concerned about meeting the magistrate tonight. Hopefully he makes it back tomorrow, but things just got FUNKY!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:51 am

    Jp is interested in the grenade pistol, though i dont find any info in the book on that. He likes food and wine, but not whiskey so much. Cigars, tndertwigs, lighters. Any of the guns weird or particularly nice? santa
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am

    What about the balloons actual machinery? Gas tank, burner? Hoses? Any mechanicals?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 pm

    Or I can just Heal myself (oops)

    Heal Check:

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    13,+9
    Total:22

    If I'm reading this right, I get two vitality back... this damage system is really weird
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm

    Ways to Heal:

    ~6 Hour Rest: 1 Wound, Vitality points recovered at (Level * Con bonus) per day, (minimum, Level * 1)

    ~PCs can chew calfrass root before bedding down for the night (page 166). If so, they heal at 2x their normal rate.

    ~Nap: 2 Hour Rest (1 Vitality/level).

    ~Heal Skill:
    1) Revitalize (DC 12: Vitality = Wisdom bonus).
    2) Treat Injury: (DC 15: 1d4 Wound damage +1 per Wisdom bonus).

    ~1 Hour Entertainment: (with a Courtesan, Bard, or Entertainer) 1d4+1 Vitality.

    ~Magical Healing.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

    navyik wrote:What about the balloons actual machinery? Gas tank, burner? Hoses? Any mechanicals?

    You can take the whole shebang, I don't care, but it will take much time hoisting it all back up the cliff and stowing it in your wagon.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 pm

    navyik wrote:Jp is interested in the grenade pistol, though i dont find any info in the book on that. He likes food and wine, but not whiskey so much. Cigars, tndertwigs, lighters. Any of the guns weird or particularly nice? santa

    Grenade Pistol does no damage other than firing grenades (range 50')

    The bandolier has 12 grenades:
    X6: Entangle (1 sq, target resist using Reflex or be held tightly and unable to move or take actions. Lasts 5 minutes)
    X3: Fragmentary (1 sq, 2d6 or 1/2 if Ref resists)
    X3: Fire (1 sq, 2d6 fire damage or 1/2 if Ref resists)

    The guns & ammo are mundane: two revolvers (100 rounds), a shotgun (12 rounds), and a rifle (50 rounds).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:46 pm

    Chris wrote:Auren still wants to question Lou once we make camp but isn't too concerned about meeting the magistrate tonight. Hopefully he makes it back tomorrow, but things just got FUNKY!

    Looking up at the sun, the heroes determine the time is about 6:30 pm.

    If they make camp immediately, and don't waste a lot of time (looting & carrying it all back up the cliff), then the 6 Hour Rest will end around 12:45am.

    You might also consider eating rations/cooking.

    Are you taking shifts for watch?

    If you interrogate the prisoner or Lou, then that will take time as well.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm

    Oh, I'd say an interrogation is in order after I chew some root (after the healing check of course)

    I got two points back from my heal check, the root and rest should hopefully handle the rest
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm

    Do I need to make some kind of roll to figure out how this Zap gun works?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 pm

    Jp is limping around the wreckage, bleeding on it and lamenting the loss of his hookers while he dismantles the balloon machinery and hoists it up with his block and tackle 1 piece at a time. Then he will bundle up the balloon itself leaving the broken carriage behind.
    As soon as he is done he will acomplish a steady but alert buzz on wine. He will take first watch and then when the next watch begins he will get asshole-drunk and pass out. pirat
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 pm

    ok, so we essentially have 12 hours or so to get our 6 hours of rest. we have time to make a proper camp and JP can entertain himself as he likes.

    Since Lou was held captive, Marshall Sparks doesn't really see him as an accomplice, though his trusting nature has already gotten him in some trouble this day. Lou can remain free and unbound. Auren would prefer to just talk to Lou, rather than interrogate him. Maybe just let Lou help with setting up camp and see if he starts talking on his own. Auren figures if today was as weird and unusual for Lou at it seems, maybe he will volunteer some information. Auren will try some casual prompts when the moment presents itself, such as:

    "Strange day, eh Lou?"
    "Ever seen that squid-guy around before?"
    "Any idea where Bossman Biggs got his hands on a zap gun?"

    If the 'good cop' approach doesn't produce any results by sundown, Auren will take a new tactic.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 pm

    Tommy would be happy to play bad-cop Wink
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:33 am

    Zap Gun requires Technics skill to use, which none of you have, yet...

    So, adding time to set up, looting, and taking watch (since everyone needs 6 hours at least), yeah 12 hours should cover it.

    Now we're looking at getting up around 6:45 am, Saturday.

    Lou is thankful for the marshal and his team for saving his hide. He promises to go to confession as soon as it's possible.
    He explains that Jethro (The Stranger) worked as an enforcer for the Bossman. Norman Biggs recently acquired the balloon, more as a status symbol, than out of any love for flying.
    For the life of him, the cowboy cannot explain why his cohorts continue to turn into slimy freaks. The alien-looking illithrix also has him puzzled.
    He also says that a couple weeks before they went to town (when Auren confronted them), Zeke and Frank had visited the bordello known as Polk's Lodge. Ever since then, they seemed different and aloof.

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 am

    If jp overhears the bit about the bordello he begins to sob... then whine...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm

    I take it you camp up on the trail or road by your horses?

    JP has first watch. Who else?


    Concerning Zap Gun; you can all use it, but no one has any idea about batteries and the mechanics of it. Another good reason to see some expert Townies.







    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Lou is thankful for the marshal and his team for saving his hide. He promises to go to confession as soon as it's possible.
    He explains that Jethro (The Stranger) worked as an enforcer for the Bossman. Norman Biggs recently acquired the balloon, more as a status symbol, than out of any love for flying.
    For the life of him, the cowboy cannot explain why his cohorts continue to turn into slimy freaks. The alien-looking illithrix also has him puzzled.
    He also says that a couple weeks before they went to town (when Auren confronted them), Zeke and Frank had visited the bordello known as Polk's Lodge. Ever since then, they seemed different and aloof.

    Auren thanks Lou for his honesty and help.
    Marshall further asks Lou if there are any other new guys working for Bossman? Any other cowboys been to visit Polk's Lodge (nice play on words!) in the last few weeks? Any other cowboys acting different or aloof? What about Bossman himself?
    Has Lou seen any other Zap guns or strange technology around Bossman's ranch?

    What about squid-face, is he awake yet?

    Auren can take any watch, he doesn't care.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 pm

    Note i started a loot thread. pig
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:51 pm

    Chris wrote:
    "Strange day, eh Lou?"
    "Ever seen that squid-guy around before?"
    "Any idea where Bossman Biggs got his hands on a zap gun?"

    "Sure is, marshal. Darn weirdest I've ever seen."

    "No sir, he's a strange one. You reckon when he wakes up, he'd like a can 'o beans?"

    "No sir, I've never seen the likes of that peculiar weaponry before. But I think you're wrong about Mr. Biggs. I believe the Bossman to be one straight shooter. Ain't no way he'd a be mixed up with this bunch. Jethro had me fooled. Reckon he could even pull one over on Mr. Biggs."

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 pm

    navyik wrote:If jp overhears the bit about the bordello he begins to sob... then whine...

    "Don't be sad, monsieur. This is good news for you, we will need someone to go.... er.... undercover at Polk's Lodge.... and poke around, for, uh information. And who better than you?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm

    Chris wrote:Auren thanks Lou for his honesty and help.
    Marshall further asks Lou if there are any other new guys working for Bossman? Any other cowboys been to visit Polk's Lodge (nice play on words!) in the last few weeks? Any other cowboys acting different or aloof? What about Bossman himself?
    Has Lou seen any other Zap guns or strange technology around Bossman's ranch?

    What about squid-face, is he awake yet?

    Auren can take any watch, he doesn't care.

    "There are always new faces around the ranch. Sometimes we get extra hands on the longer drives. Polks Lodge, I've only heard about it. Some say it lies east of Chino."

    Squid face is still unconscious.

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:25 pm

    "Ah-hah-hah! Who bettair zen jacque-pierre to POKE ehrrround een zee lodge!" cheers
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    The night grows cold. In the distance, coyotes howl.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 pm

    2nd watch for Tommy, as I previously said, I'm grabbing the zap gun and batteries.

    All guns cleaned and reloaded by the time we bed down.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

    "Ah... to lahve een zee stahree nahite...ahnd zee gehrrrls weess zee boohbiees..." drunken
    "Ah hah hah! Oooh ezmierelde weez zee kehrlee haier... aleehse weez zee freckaels... POKE EEN ZEE POLK! Ha ha!" pig
    Suspect
    Sleep
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 pm

    Tommy might very well shave the french-mans head while he sleeps Wink
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 pm

    Already bald... afro
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4851
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 pm

    awesome desert pic Rob cheers

    ok, wait for Auren's watch and the sunrise
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:25 am

    whit10 wrote:2nd watch for Tommy, as I previously said, I'm grabbing the zap gun and batteries.

    All guns cleaned and reloaded by the time we bed down.

    And like I said, Tommy doesn't know what the batteries are or do.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:27 am

    navyik wrote:Already bald... afro

    These kind of details would be good to know! Can you post a pic? I try to match the tokens up to the characters as much as possible.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:31 am

    First watch passes uneventfully. As does the second. During the third (Auren's) watch, there is a flash of orange light in the direction of the illithrix. If anyone goes to investigate, they find their captive is gone. The manacles lay on the ground, and are still locked.


    The PC's (and Lou) have completed a 6 hour rest.

    The sun is now rising in the morning sky.



    Where do the heroes go from here?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3654
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:13 am

    "Tarnation... just what the hell sorta ant hill have you kicked over here Marshall?"

    "I vote we head to this ranch, but we do it smart. I'm sorta doubtful we'll be received cordial-like"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2661
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am

    Jp, groaning but limping a little bit less, rolls out of his wagon to eat a breakfast of jerky and candy. "Wee ah zneek ahp ahn zem lahk wee deed ahn zee ztoopeed eengleesch aht fahrt necessity, no?" Twisted Evil

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am