Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am

    What??
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 pm

    "Huh?", anxiously, "waht eez zeess waht?!" Draws shotgun looking around... Shocked
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

    "What in the name of Sam Houston did you just say?" lol
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm

    "Waht! Zee ztoopeed eengleesch aht fahrt necezzeetee? We zneek ahp ahn zem, heh heh!" (Making a tomohawk motion).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:11 pm

    Marshall Sparks shakes his head in frustration as he picks up his manacles. "need to get some magical locks" he mutters to himself.

    "Let's head for the Bigg's ranch, though I agree we may be unwelcome, especially now that the Illithrix will have had time to warn them we are on our way. I want to at least get eyes on the place before the Magistrate arrives, so I can give him the most accurate report possible."

    Auren looks at JP, "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about your special mission to Polk's."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 pm

    "POKE een zee polk!" pig jp prepares two tripple bundled sticks of dynamite for "zeh bossmahn beegs," just in case. (He doesnt want to be outgunned again). STILL LIMPING, THOUGH MOST OF THE BLEEDING IS SCABBING OVER FROM THE FALL OFF THE CLIFF...AHEM... Suspect
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm

    And he's still damn curious about that cave... "ah weud lahk to cahm bahk to zee caeve anahthearr tahm, no?" pirat
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm

    navyik wrote:And he's still damn curious about that cave... "ah weud lahk to cahm bahk to zee caeve anahthearr tahm, no?" pirat

    Yeah, me too. And the orb..... where's that wandering artificer\wizard I heard about????
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:32 pm

    navyik wrote:"POKE een zee polk!" pig jp prepares two tripple bundled sticks of dynamite for "zeh bossmahn beegs," just in case. (He doesnt want to be outgunned again). STILL LIMPING, THOUGH MOST OF THE BLEEDING IS SCABBING OVER FROM THE FALL OFF THE CLIFF...AHEM... Suspect
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:36 pm

    The adventurers discuss things as they prepare to break camp and be on their way.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    "I reckon I could eat a bucket-full of bacon right about now," exclaims Lou. Turning to JP, he adds, "Got any more of that jerky, partner?"


    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:41 pm

    Auren shares some of his trail rations with Lou and more water.

    While we are sitting around the breakfast fire, "Lou, what can you tell us about the layout of Bigg's ranch? Any good ways we might sneak up on it or any ambush spots to avoid?"


    If Auren gets a moment with JP and Tommy, "I think we should send Lou back to Pestilence. We lost any chance for a rouse with the Illithrix escaping. What do you guys think?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:53 pm

    Lou sips on some water and munches on trail rations.
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    "The ranch? It's only the biggest one in Arizona territory. That's what I heard. After you come through the main gate, there's the horse stable and a few other buildings. One of them is a guest house/office, I think. The biggest building by far is the lodge, called The Clubhouse. It's the kind of spot ranchers can go to unwind after a hard day's work. They've got a bar and some card tables. Anyways, if you continue down the road a piece, you come to the manor, where Bossman lives." He pauses, taking a sip of water. Then Lou stands up and looks around. "Dagnabit, my horse done skeddadled. Sheeooot!"


    Last edited by Robyo on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 pm

    Heh heh... lou is a gay cowboy...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm

    Robyo wrote: Polks Lodge, I've only heard about it. Some say it lies east of Chino."


    navyik wrote:Heh heh... lou is a gay cowboy...

    the clues were there all along cyclops

    "Well, we can't just leave Lou here to bake in the desert sun.... can he ride in your wagon, JP?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

    Jp belches with a stench more audible than its sound... "ahha! Compannee! Jacque-pierre weel tale yeu ahll ahboot wahy zee french ahr bettair zahn zee eengleesch!"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm

    &#@*#%@!!! I have HAD IT with trying to post photos here! Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 pm

    navyik wrote:&#@*#%@!!! I have HAD IT with trying to post photos here! Evil or Very Mad

    Well I can see you posted Bugs... and I take it JP is the bankrobber. Nice!

    There's always google:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    Attachments
    Jake-G.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (171 Kb) Downloaded 1 times


    Last edited by navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

    the only place i can put a pic is in the profile avatar. all other insert methods have failed for me...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

    The heroes ride out. Auren takes point, followed by Tommy. Lou rides with JP in his wagon.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    Assuming there are no more encounters, it should be an easy one-hour journey... Suspect
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 pm

    i give up. tried the google helps. no joy. if you want pictures you will have to walk me through it like a kindergardener... or maybe more like your grandparents programming their vcr... Crying or Very sad
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

    Snippets of jp's monologue to lou from a distance: "...ahnd zee eengleesch deu naht eevehn tahk ahf zehr cleothes teu fahk!......eengleesch wahine eez naht eevahn wahine! Eet tahstz lahik zee lahmp hoile, no?......ah franchmahn ahn ahmerreekahn ahnd ahn eengleeschmahn wahlk een teu zee zalloon..." clown
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 pm

    "... and a Texan laughs at all of them." Smile
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 pm

    navyik wrote:i give up. tried the google helps. no joy. if you want pictures you will have to walk me through it like a kindergardener... or maybe more like your grandparents programming their vcr... Crying or Very sad

    in the posting screen:

    click on the 15th icon called "host an image"
    it looks like a computer screen with an old fashioned 3.5 disk

    you should see the following:

    Upload your image
    (.) File [_________] <Browse>
    ( ) url
    resize image
    <host it>


    click on "browse" and locate your picture file, just like you would add an attachment to an email, click "open"

    you will then see the file location in the "File" line
    click > Host it

    you will then see 3 options
    Thumbnail
    (image location) <copy>
    Image:
    (image location) <copy>
    Image Url:
    (image location) <copy>

    choose the middle option, called "Image" and either click <copy> or simply copy the image location line, for example Crtl A (select all) and then Crtl C (copy)

    Next - go to the 16th icon, called "Image"

    it will show a single icon, that looks like a link of a chain. if you mouse over it, it will read "url" and it shows a blank field. Ctrl P or right click and paste the line you copied in the previous step.
    Click <ok>

    It will add a long line of what looks to JP like eenglish gibberish. If you click "preview" you will see that it is a full size image of whatever file you selected.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 pm

    just to make sure everyone is aware... I'll be leaving for CO tomorrow morning so won't be able to do any of this for a few days at least. I'll try to be back on by next weekend.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 pm

    Side campaign!!!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

    maybe Tommy stays to explore the cave? or escorts Lou back to town?

    safe travels Josh!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 am

    Good luck Josh!

    I'll be playing Tommy in the inter-rum...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:53 am

    I will be posting new updates this weekend. cheers
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 am

    thanks for all the well-wishes.

    Rob, I appreciate you playing him, don't worry, if he dies, I have another character idea that I'd like to try.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 am

    The adventurers continue to journey down the southern road.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    They progress for a half-hour, and the terrain grows rocky and treacherous. The road narrows and there are many jagged rocks about.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:03 pm

    They begin to hear gunshots further ahead, and the sounds of people shouting, horses whinnying, and coyotes howling and barking.

    As the heroes continue onward, they find a scene most grim.

    A covered wagon is besieged by dire coyotes. A pack of four of the beasts are busy eating the remains of horses still roped to the wagon. Surrounding the wagon are six other dire coyotes. A single man is at the helm shooting at them with pistols. Another person is inside the wagon, firing out the backside.

    All of the beasts are distracted by the wagon, except for two, which are advancing to meet the heroes.


    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    *pennies are coyotes
    **terrain is rocky with boulders and stones. There is a small plateau (10' high) east of the road and also a ravine that is at least 20' deep.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 pm

    any time for actions?

    if so, Auren will draw his greatsword and shout to the people in the wagon, "By Paladine, we will aid you!"

    initiative roll

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

    10

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:58 pm

    Initiative 16+4=20
    Having kept the carbine on his lap (as lone trappeurs often do), jp will halt the wagon. (If lou is unarmed, jp will simply say "getd een bahk).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm

    Initiative:
    1- Dire Coyotes
    2- JP
    3- Tommy
    4- Auren
    5- Lou
    7- Wagon Gunner (inside)
    8- Wagoneer

    coyotes are up...


    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Two of them advance, flanking Auren on his horse (E-6, E-9).
    They attack High Doller (he's a level 2 warhorse, correct?), biting at his legs:

    1st one attacks) 20 vs REF = 5 damage

    2nd) 9 vs REF = miss



    JP is up...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:03 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Two of them advance, flanking Auren on his horse (E-6, E-9).
    They attack High Doller (he's a level 2 warhorse, correct?), biting at his legs:

    if you say so, boss. here are the only stats I have for High Dollar

    Heavy Warhorse "High Dollar" 400g
    Leather Barding 30gp (+2DR)
    military saddle 20g
    saddle bags 4gp
    bit+bridle 2g


    Do you want to keep track of his stats (vitality, attack rolls, etc) or me?
    -I will need stats if you want me to do it, but I am fine either way. I have no mounted feats Sad
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 pm

    Jp fires into melee twice against the yotie that hit highdollar and misses twice. Suspect
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 am

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Two of them advance, flanking Auren on his horse (E-6, E-9).
    They attack High Doller (he's a level 2 warhorse, correct?), biting at his legs:

    if you say so, boss. here are the only stats I have for High Dollar

    Heavy Warhorse "High Dollar" 400g
    Leather Barding 30gp (+2DR)
    military saddle 20g
    saddle bags 4gp
    bit+bridle 2g


    Do you want to keep track of his stats (vitality, attack rolls, etc) or me?
    -I will need stats if you want me to do it, but I am fine either way. I have no mounted feats Sad

    It would help me out if you guys tracked stats for your mounts. You can run them as 2nd characters for all intents and purposes (being aware that they have animal intelligence), but I will control them too, in (usually) minor ways.

    *The same goes with Auren's dog (you never specified what you were doing with him before leaving town, so I figure he's with Dpt Derr).


    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]
    (Your warhorse has two abilities: Improved Carry Capacity & Scent).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:28 am

    Tommy shoots twice with his colt peacemaker (at E-6):

    1) Roll:7 +9 (bonus) -2 (Rapid Shot) -5 (ranged attack vs melee-embattled foe) = 9 vs REF = miss

    2) 18 +9 -2 -5 = 20 vs Ref = 8 damage



    Auren is up...

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 am

    Tinder just hangs out at the jail, when the Marshall is away, usually sleeping on the deck in the shade. The deputies know to feed him or at least leave food out.

    Ok, I am happy to run the horse as well, so just let me know if I am doing this correct.....

    Auren will make a rapid attack, once at each coyote, arcing his sword from side to side. Use Combat focus to offset rapid attack penalty

    at E-6

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    17 + 11 = 28 vs fort

    damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    5 + 2 + 19 = 26

    at E-9

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    8 + 11 = 19 vs Fort

    damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    4 + 6 + 19 = 29


    I guess I need the results of those before I can take High Dollar's actions please.

    (no rush, we are going to the in-laws for Easter, so I won't be back until tonight)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 pm

    Auren slays both coyotes.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:12 pm

    High Dollar snorts in satisfaction at the corpses of the smelly dogs at his feet. He lowers his head and charges to J-5, he attacks the adjacent dire coyote with his 2 hooves

    Hoof 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    6 + 5 = 11

    if that hits (not sure which save), damage

    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    6 + 4 + 4 = 14

    Hoof 2
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    15 + 5 = 20

    if that hits

    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    6 + 4 + 4 = 14
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:39 pm

    Just to be clear, the large token at the front of the besieged wagon is a pack of 4 coyotes (I'll split them up eventually).

    *The rulebook describes animal attacks to generally be REF saves (except like a bear hug, I suppose), but again, the text is a bit ambiguous.



    High Dollar attacks the yotie at K-6.

    The second hoof connects and the yotie yelps out.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 pm

    Lou stands up and draws his six-gun. "I've tangled with coyotes before. If you take out the alpha, the rest of the pack will run. The trick is knowing which one it is."

    He takes two shots:

    1) miss

    2) miss

    "Dern!"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm

    The folks on the wagon take some shots, but they are farmers not fighters. The coyotes are quick and agile.


    One of the coyotes jumps up at the back of the wagon, and it drags out a farmer by her head. She screams, dropping her rifle, and then she is down on the ground, surrounded by more of the hungry beasts.


    The K-6 coyote, as a move action, attempts to trip High Dollar. Expert Trip: 4+5+3= 12 vs REF.

    Seeing how close she got, she tries it again: 14+5+3= 22 vs. REF.
    High Dollar is knocked to the ground, suffers 2 points (normal) damage, and is made prone.
    Auren is also knocked to the ground, suffers 1 point of (normal) damage, and is made prone.


    JP is up...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm

    JP holds his turn.


    Next up, Tommy...

    He rides over to G-4, and takes two shots (at K-6):

    1) 17 +9 -2 -5 = 19 vs Ref

    10 damage

    2) 17 +9 -2 -5 = 19 vs Ref

    9 damage

    That coyote is toast!


    Next up is Auren...




    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:57 pm

    the Marshall is in the dust currently - blasted curs!

    Auren will take his move action to stand Shocked the dreaded AoO!!

    and rapid swing on the 'yote that tripped him

    1st swing vs Fort
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    15 + 7 = 22

    if it hits
    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    2 + 1 + 19 = 22 +4 if evil

    2nd
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    5 + 7 = 12

    if it hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    4 + 1 + 19 = 24 +4 if evil


    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:35 pm

    Actually, Tommy already killed the coyote that tripped High Dollar.


    We can apply Auren's attack to the next adjacent coyote (the pack of 4 at the front of the wagon). I shall update the map this weekend.

    First swing connects, wounding the beast!

    2nd swing is a miss, however.


    High Dollar stands up.



    Next up: Lou

    He takes 2 shots at another one of the coyotes in the pack at the front of the wagon:

    1) crit! 12 damage

    2) miss


    Next up: The farmers

    The guy up front shoots a coyote, while the woman screams on the ground behind the wagon. She is being attacked by 2 of the beasts.



    Last edited by Robyo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:37 pm


    ...we'll give Alan another chance to try something this round, then move on to Round 3...

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 pm

    der.. I guess I forgot about the horse, can he still attack this round, after he stood up? same yote as Auren

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 am