Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Bossman attempts to grapple Auren:
    28vsFort = Auren is grappled.
    He shouts, "Sina, get back here! We're being raided! Sound the alarm!"

    Auren is up...




    I can't find a combat maneuvers section in the Radiance book, so I am just looking at the monk ability here:

    Grapple: You grapple an adjacent foe up to 1 size larger when
    you have 1 hand free and beat the foe’s Fortitude. A grappled creature
    cannot move from its space and can only use a Light melee
    weapon that is already in hand. Each round, you must expend a move
    action to maintain the grapple, and the foe can try to beat your
    Fortitude as a standard action to break the grapple.


    do I get an attack of opportunity on him for grappling an armed opponent?

    the way I am reading this is that after I am grappled, I can use a standard action to break free, then on his turn he can grapple me again, my turn I try to break free.... basically an unarmed guy can completely neutralize somebody armed with a sword.

    Is that correct?
    If so, does that make any sense? (for anyone not a monk, who counts unarmed = armed)

    Can I attack him with my hands\headbutt\elbows?
    do I have to drop my sword?

    Do I have any other options?

    just trying to figure out the options with grapple in Radiance.....
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm

    I am still looking for answers to above for general knowledge, but how about this for an action to keep the flow:

    attempt to break his grapple with Athletics (I think that is right??)


    athletics
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

    13 + 12 = 25

    or if it is an attack, melee vs fort
    same roll but +9 = 21

    if that breaks free, Auren will mount High Dollar (good call Tommy-guns)

    High Dollar will move next to Bossman and attempt clobber him with his hooves
    2 attacks vs ?? reflex or fort

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    11 + 5 = 16

    if that hits, damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    6 + 1 + 4 = 11

    2nd attack
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    18 + 5 = 23

    damage if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    4 + 6 + 4 = 14
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 5:39 pm

    whit10 wrote:Handle Animal:

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    6,+14
    Total:20

    Your mount takes no damage.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 5:55 pm

    Concerning grappling:

    ~No opportunity attack against Biggs. It's a melee attack. Not just monks get to use grappling. Other classes have it too. An unarmed opponent can shut down an armed one, sometimes.

    ~You can't move, but you can use a standard action to try to break free. Basic melee attack vs Fort.

    ~You don't have to drop your sword, just cannot use it. A Light melee weapon (already in hand) only.

    ~You can try to punch, elbow, headbutt. It would be an unarmed strike (1d3+STR mod).

    ~Other options? There are always other options...

    ~No Athletics to break free. Just a basic unarmed attack (or whatever other ability you might have that could be helpful).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 pm

    Chris wrote:melee vs fort
    same roll but +9 = 21

    if that breaks free, Auren will mount High Dollar (good call Tommy-guns)

    Auren breaks free.
    As Auren moves away to mount his horse, Bossman gets an opportunity attack. Grapple:
    24vsFort: Auren is grappled again.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:melee vs fort
    same roll but +9 = 21

    if that breaks free, Auren will mount High Dollar (good call Tommy-guns)

    Auren breaks free.
    As Auren moves away to mount his horse, Bossman gets an opportunity attack. Grapple:
    24vsFort: Auren is grappled again.


    grapple is a special ability, not a melee attack. I am not sure that counts for an AoO. an AoO is a single attack, not a full standard action, I believe

    could a mage cast a spell as an AoO?

    could I use Rapid Attack and take 2 swings during an AoO?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 6:21 pm

    Then the door of the Watering Hole swings open. Sarge stands in the doorway and Bud and Lennie are behind him. Sarge calls out, "Boss, what's going on? Do you need any help?"


    At that time, outside the front gate, a voice shouts sternly, "Listen up! Peace officers have arrived. We are coming in! Lay down your weapons and surrender. This is your only warning!"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:melee vs fort
    same roll but +9 = 21

    if that breaks free, Auren will mount High Dollar (good call Tommy-guns)

    Auren breaks free.
    As Auren moves away to mount his horse, Bossman gets an opportunity attack. Grapple:
    24vsFort: Auren is grappled again.


    grapple is a special ability, not a melee attack. I am not sure that counts for an AoO. an AoO is a single attack, not a full standard action, I believe

    could a mage cast a spell as an AoO?

    could I use Rapid Attack and take 2 swings during an AoO?

    I think an AoO can be an ability. Otherwise it's unfair to characters who rely on their abilities and don't use weapons (monk, mage, etc) There's no full-round actions. Only a divided round of: Standard, Move,(X3) Swift.

    A mage could use shocking grasp, for instance.

    Rapid Attack is also allowed.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 pm

    Round 4:

    Initiative:
    1) Tommy
    2) JP
    3) Sina
    4) Biggs
    5) Mr Joffrey
    6) Jethro
    7) Henry
    8 ) Marvin
    9) Sarge
    10) Lennie
    11) Bud
    12) Deputy Zyd
    13) Sheriff Lundenberg
    14) Deputy Derr
    15) Auren


    Tommy is up...


    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    I think an AoO can be an ability. Otherwise it's unfair to characters who rely on their abilities and don't use weapons (monk, mage, etc) There's no full-round actions. Only a divided round of: Standard, Move,(X3) Swift.

    A mage could use shocking grasp, for instance.

    Rapid Attack is also allowed.

    Ok, good to know. That really expands on the ability of an AoO, which makes it more interesting.

    Personally, I think this has great potential for abuse, but we will see how it plays out. afro
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm

    well, here goes...

    Tommy will halt Goliath and keep his rifle aimed at the Bossman. "You got other friends comin' that you didn't tell us about, Marshall?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 pm

    "I'm a little busy here, Tommy, but it sounds like Zyd and Derr, I think. Ya mind shootin the fat bastard that keeps squeezing my nuts?"

    Auren wonders to himself where someone like Biggs learned Turkish oil wrestling.....
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 pm

    I think that's a held action on my part so Rob will have to let me know when to go.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 am

    whit10 wrote:I think that's a held action on my part so Rob will have to let me know when to go.

    You hold your action?
    Okay, then JP is up...
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 pm

    Jp shoots twice and misses. He drops the revolver and walks into the building closest to him. Once inside he will likeky take a bit of cover. Will wait to see whats in there.
    K-13ish? cyclops
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 pm

    JP runs up the steps into the house.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]


    ...I wish to update the map soon, but the earliest I will have time is this weekend. We'll see how far we can get without it being updated for a little while.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm

    Sina rides back to P-21, blowing on a whistle that dangles from her neck. She shoots twice:
    1)at Tommy: 27vsRef = 19 damage
    2)at Goliath:24vsRef = 17 damage
    *Josh, if you wish to use Mounted Combat, decide which shot you'd like to try the maneuver and roll Handle Animal...


    "Stay where you're at, Sarge," the Bossman calls back. "I can handle this!" Biggs grips the marshal in a bear hug like a vice. He growls into Auren's ear, "So dragonborn, you think you can come onto my land and try to arrest me? Wantonly kill my men with no warrant and no probable cause? You're a puny weakling. A little snake with a tin star. I'll show you what it means to be a man!"
    Humiliate:
    18vsFort (Auren resists, thus only takes half damage) = 8 Vitality and 1 Wound. Auren also bursts into tears and soils himself (seriously, it's part of the ability).


    Mr. Joffrey watches JP's eidolon run into the house. He turns back to the gate and gazes at the lawmen outside. "Curses! Things are getting out of hand. It seems our contract with the ruffian Biggs is coming to an end." He pulls a device out from his pocket and it looks like a remote control. He turns to Jethro and says, "You're worthless. I will find another enforcer." Mr. Joffrey pushes a button on the device and disappears in a flash of orange light.


    "Master, don't leave me!" Jethro cries out, but Mr Joffrey is gone. He raises his enchanted rifle and shoots twice at the lawmen outside the gate:
    1)at Zyd: 30vsRef = 33 damage, Zyd is dead.
    2)at Derr: 24vsRef = 26 damage, Derr is dead.
    Then he runs directly towards Sheriff Lundenberg.


    Henry stays where he's at on his wagon, armed with a shotgun.


    Marvin loses morale. It seems that a specter walking through his horse, a disappearing Mr Joffrey, and the lawmen raiding the compound is just too much for his young blood. He kicks his heels into his horse and charges back down the road towards the stable.


    "Whatevery you say, Boss," answers Sarge. He, along with Lennie and Bud, hold their actions. They stay at the doorway of the Watering Hole.


    Sheriff Lundenberg shoots twice at Jethro who is charging at him:
    1) 19vsRef = miss!
    2) 7vsRef = miss!
    "Confound it! I should've stayed in Payson," he mutters.


    Auren is up...

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Wed May 08, 2013 7:03 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    "Stay where you're at, Sarge," the Bossman calls back. "I can handle this!" Biggs grips the marshal in a bear hug like a vice. He growls into Auren's ear, "So dragonborn, you think you can come onto my land and try to arrest me? Wantonly kill my men with no warrant and no probable cause? You're a puny weakling. A little snake with a tin star. I'll show you what it means to be a man!"
    Humiliate:
    18vsFort (Auren resists, thus only takes half damage) = 8 Vitality and 1 Wound. Auren also bursts into tears and soils himself (seriously, it's part of the ability).

    Auren is up...



    Sobbing and blubbering like hatchling Auren replies, "It's... it's called a Warrantless Affadavit... you.... fat... lying...." Auren gathers his wits and courage and attempts to head butt Mr. Biggs, though he kinda feels sorry for hitting a guy with his greathelm in the face.

    Move action = combat focus +2
    Rapid Attack = -2
    Swift Action = Power attack -2\+5

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    6 + 7 = 13

    if that hits
    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d3 +15" :

    1 + 15 = 16 +5 vs evil aligned

    2nd head butt
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    20 + 7 = 27

    max damage is 18 +5 vs evil aligned, no DR

    Greathelms - more than just medieval style! At least the others can't see Auren crying behind his faceplate
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 pm

    not that it'll matter but I'll roll against the first one.

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    14,+14
    Total:28

    The second shot takes Tommy to wounded... at least this will all be over soon.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu May 09, 2013 2:46 pm

    since reloading this rifle is a swift action, I figure that I can do rapid shot with it as well (just ignore the second shot if you reason otherwise)

    Shooting at Sina

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    7,+8
    Total:15

    Shit, that's a miss.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    13,+8
    Total:21

    Not sure on that one.

    Damage:?
    Roll(2d12)+5:
    11,10,+5
    Total:26
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  MAS on Thu May 09, 2013 3:16 pm

    Sorry to interrupt - I posted a summary about getting on board with the campaign and wanted to make certain it doesn't go unnoticed.

    "Quick Summary please" thread above this one.

    Now back to your regularly scheduled gunfight!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

    MAS wrote:Sorry to interrupt - I posted a summary about getting on board with the campaign and wanted to make certain it doesn't go unnoticed.

    "Quick Summary please" thread above this one.

    Now back to your regularly scheduled gunfight!

    summary - uh.... shit got rough, real quick and players were over-ambitiously dumb by riding straight into this area's main boss' base camp. total party wipe approaching in 3....2....

    might as well wait for the reset, which will be after a break for my Star Wars, the Old Republic story (a take-a-break story for in between party death... er I mean chapters in WWW wild weird west)

    get some popcorn and a beer drunken
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  MAS on Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm

    LOL!!!!! Awesome!

    TPK keeps players honest!

    SO I guess I should be looking at Star wars stuff....?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm

    yup, just look for the big banner and check out the history, house rules, etc

    feel free to post questions there
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm

    TPK keeps players honest my ass! TPKs only denote one of two things: 1) the players were dumb and should have run or figured a different way to resolve the encounter or 2) the GM is being a hard-ass.

    My vote for this fight is far more the former than the later.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm

    Unless jp sees something particularly interestingly odd in the house he will merely cruise through looking casually for a weapon or something helpful for the immediate danger. Absent that he will just pop out the other side at the back porch?

    Perception 13+21=34 cyclops
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 pm

    map updated:
    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]

    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 7:54 pm

    Chris wrote:Sobbing and blubbering like hatchling Auren replies, "It's... it's called a Warrantless Affadavit... you.... fat... lying...." Auren gathers his wits and courage and attempts to head butt Mr. Biggs, though he kinda feels sorry for hitting a guy with his greathelm in the face.

    Move action = combat focus +2
    Rapid Attack = -2
    Swift Action = Power attack -2\+5

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    6 + 7 = 13

    if that hits
    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d3 +15" :

    1 + 15 = 16 +5 vs evil aligned

    2nd head butt
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    20 + 7 = 27

    max damage is 18 +5 vs evil aligned, no DR

    Greathelms - more than just medieval style! At least the others can't see Auren crying behind his faceplate

    First headbutt was a miss. How are you computing damage? Basic unarmed strike is 1d3,+STR mod,+5 Power Attack.


    Last edited by Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:00 pm

    whit10 wrote:not that it'll matter but I'll roll against the first one.

    Roll(1d20)+14:
    14,+14
    Total:28

    The second shot takes Tommy to wounded... at least this will all be over soon.

    First shot was at Tommy, second was at Goliath. You can decide who gets shielded and who takes a hit.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:02 pm

    whit10 wrote:since reloading this rifle is a swift action, I figure that I can do rapid shot with it as well (just ignore the second shot if you reason otherwise)

    Shooting at Sina

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    7,+8
    Total:15

    Shit, that's a miss.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    13,+8
    Total:21

    Not sure on that one.

    Damage:?
    Roll(2d12)+5:
    11,10,+5
    Total:26

    Second shot hits Sina. She takes it like a champ.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:13 pm

    navyik wrote:Unless jp sees something particularly interestingly odd in the house he will merely cruise through looking casually for a weapon or something helpful for the immediate danger. Absent that he will just pop out the other side at the back porch?

    Perception 13+21=34 cyclops

    Inside the house, JP finds:
    NW corner: Desk and chair with papers, ink bottle, and quill.
    SW corner: Crates and Barrels of supplies.
    NE corner: Fireplace (unused)
    SE corner: A round table (empty) and chair.

    A door separates the room from a stairwell. The stairs go up (bedrooms) and down (celler).

    Perception check reveals: Grog's cursing voice echoes from the cellar. "By Grungar, the only way to fight black magic is with more black magic!" JP also hears the clatter of him rummaging through stuff.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

    Sarge, Lennie, and Bud skip their actions, waiting to see the outcome of the brawl.

    Marvin has skedaddled north, riding away.

    A mysterious figure is seen walking up the road. He's heard the raid and has come to investigate.


    Round 5:

    Initiative;
    1) Tommy
    2) JP
    3) Sina
    4) Bossman
    5) Jethro
    6) Henry
    7) Sarge
    8 ) Lennie
    9) Bud
    10) Sheriff Lundenberg
    11) Auren
    12) Jack Stone

    *Matt is welcome to jump in. Otherwise, I'll play Jack Stone. He has come to Biggs Ranch, investigating the rumors of strange happenings occurring there.


    Tommy is up...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    First headbutt was a miss. How are you computing damage? Basic unarmed strike is 1d3,+STR mod,+5 Power Attack.

    1d3 + 5 str, + 5 blessed wpn, +5 power attack = 18 + 5 if Bossman is evil aligned

    unless I am misinterpreting it, I get that bonus for any melee attack. the other two, from fighter and martialist are wpn specific (greatsword), the Paladin one is any melee
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

    I've already noted the damage to Tommy and I hate ret-cons. Would a quick dismount be a swift or move action? I know I'd prob have to roll.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri May 10, 2013 6:34 am

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    First headbutt was a miss. How are you computing damage? Basic unarmed strike is 1d3,+STR mod,+5 Power Attack.

    1d3 + 5 str, + 5 blessed wpn, +5 power attack = 18 + 5 if Bossman is evil aligned

    unless I am misinterpreting it, I get that bonus for any melee attack. the other two, from fighter and martialist are wpn specific (greatsword), the Paladin one is any melee

    Okay, I'll allow it. Great Helm isn't usually considered a weapon, but I guess it can be so in a dirty fight! Smile

    Auren's headbutt connects with Biggs' face and teeth fly out of the ruffian's mouth. He gurgles on blood, trying to say something, then loosens his grip. Norman "The Bossman" Biggs slides to the ground dead.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri May 10, 2013 6:35 am

    whit10 wrote:I've already noted the damage to Tommy and I hate ret-cons. Would a quick dismount be a swift or move action? I know I'd prob have to roll.

    Unless you have a special ability, it's normally a move action to mount/unmount a horse.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri May 10, 2013 10:11 am

    Robyo wrote:
    Okay, I'll allow it. Great Helm isn't usually considered a weapon, but I guess it can be so in a dirty fight! Smile

    Auren's headbutt connects with Biggs' face and teeth fly out of the ruffian's mouth. He gurgles on blood, trying to say something, then loosens his grip. Norman "The Bossman" Biggs slides to the ground dead.

    cool! I figured I owed him a dirty blow.... Auren still needs to wipe his tail.

    Auren calls up to Sarge, Lenny and Bud, "You men are in no trouble right now and should head back inside, unless you want to help your Marshall."


    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri May 10, 2013 10:56 am

    shoot at Jethro twice.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    12,+8
    Total:20

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    8,+8
    Total:16

    Damage on the first one (if that hits)

    Roll(2d12)+5:
    6,12,+5
    Total:23


    That second shot.... I'm using Heroic Mien with that and re-rolling it.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10

    fuck it
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri May 10, 2013 1:55 pm

    whit10 wrote:shoot at Jethro twice.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    12,+8
    Total:20

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    8,+8
    Total:16

    Damage on the first one (if that hits)

    Roll(2d12)+5:
    6,12,+5
    Total:23


    That second shot.... I'm using Heroic Mien with that and re-rolling it.

    Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10

    fuck it

    Did you mean Sina? Jethro is at the front gate and is out-of-sight and probably out of range?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 pm

    shit... sorry bout that, yeah, sina
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 pm

    Tommy's first shot connects and Sina slumps formard. She collapses off her horse, dead.


    JP is up...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm

    Robyo wrote:Tommy's first shot connects and Sina slumps formard. She collapses off her horse, dead.


    JP is up...

    nice shootin pardner cheers

    nice job with the baddies, mr GM, they vary widely in poweer, but we didn't know who was tough and who was weak until it started. Cool
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat May 11, 2013 9:22 am

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Tommy's first shot connects and Sina slumps formard. She collapses off her horse, dead.


    JP is up...

    nice shootin pardner cheers

    nice job with the baddies, mr GM, they vary widely in poweer, but we didn't know who was tough and who was weak until it started. Cool

    Thank you, sir! But the fight's not over quite yet. Hope we can still get JP to chime in.
    I also put Jack Stone on the initiative roster, though you guys probably scared Matt away.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat May 11, 2013 10:07 am

    Robyo wrote:
    But the fight's not over quite yet.
    I also put Jack Stone on the initiative roster, though you guys probably scared Matt away.

    definitely not over yet, the guy with the biggest gun is left. at our current state, this is one of those times to fight smarter.... or start looking for some d6's. study

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 am

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:
    But the fight's not over quite yet.
    I also put Jack Stone on the initiative roster, though you guys probably scared Matt away.

    definitely not over yet, the guy with the biggest gun is left. at our current state, this is one of those times to fight smarter.... or start looking for some d6's. study


    Big gun you speak of: do you mean Jethro (mark II)? Yes, he's a baddie. When I built him, I had not expected him to have such a knack for one-round kills! Sometimes you've gotta blame the dice. I knew he was powerful (Mr. Joffrey too), but I also thought JP might surrender (at least, I gave him the option). Then later, Jethro killed the two deputies in one round. And I seriously thought Derr and Zyd might have made more of impact! At least they made Mr. Joffrey revise his plans and flee the scene.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat May 11, 2013 10:36 am

    yeah, Jethro. my poor deputies Crying or Very sad

    I have gotten a bit confused on names, but I did mean the "one hit wonder" with the rifle. I am waiting for this moment:

    Jack Stone, man of mystery, approaches the Biggs ranch, casting a long shadow up the road

    Jethro, sees dark profile approaching, takes 2 shots

    hit 33 damage
    hit 28 damage

    Jack Stone dies before his first action

    lol!
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm

    Jp will sneal over to grok and peer casually over groks shoulder to see what hes looking for. (Move) Cool " Ah seenk zee bahd guiees weez blahk mahjeek nahda cgommehn..." (swift)
    Stealth 11+9=20 (+any incorporeal bonuses?)
    Ready telekenetic (standard) action to slam shut whatever he is digging through if he responds with sudden move.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat May 11, 2013 5:25 pm

    Chris wrote:yeah, Jethro. my poor deputies Crying or Very sad

    I have gotten a bit confused on names, but I did mean the "one hit wonder" with the rifle. I am waiting for this moment:

    Jack Stone, man of mystery, approaches the Biggs ranch, casting a long shadow up the road

    Jethro, sees dark profile approaching, takes 2 shots

    hit 33 damage
    hit 28 damage

    Jack Stone dies before his first action

    lol!

    nice!
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat May 11, 2013 6:02 pm

    navyik wrote:Jp will sneal over to grok and peer casually over groks shoulder to see what hes looking for. (Move) Cool " Ah seenk zee bahd guiees weez blahk mahjeek nahda cgommehn..." (swift)
    Stealth 11+9=20 (+any incorporeal bonuses?)
    Ready telekenetic (standard) action to slam shut whatever he is digging through if he responds with sudden move.


    JP sneaks downstairs (+5 incorporeal bonus to Stealth and Perception).

    The cellar is huge. It appears to be a gigantic underground storage chamber. All around are crates and barrels and weapons. In one corner, there are a few workbenches with tools strewn about. Two large tunnels lead off in either direction.

    In the center of the room is a large golem/mech thing (similar):
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    It is also covered with glowing blue runes. The gun it holds appears to be of the Gatling variety.

    Grog is in the cockpit, holding a wrench and a hammer. He is banging away at the console, trying to make it operate. Cursing loudly, he doesn't seem to notice JP.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 am

    Jethro swings his rifle at Sheriff Lundenberg, smacking him in the shoulder. The sheriff falls to the ground, stunned. "You have something I need," Jethro says to him, reaching out his hand to the sheriff.


    Henry stays where he's at, still playing sentinel.


    "You killed the Bossman!" exclaims Sarge. There are whispers from behind him. All three (Sarge, Lennie, and Bud) discuss their options. "Alright, marshal," Sarge calls out. "Looks like we're in need of new work. You heard of any available for some honest gun hands?"


    Sheriff Lundenberg is stunned. He drops his rifle and can take no actions this round.


    Auren is up...







    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:16 pm