Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    PROLOGUE

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 pm

    It is a time of uneasy peace in the galaxy.
    The Republic and Sith Empire have signed a truce, but that has done
    little to stop the violence.
    Both sides have turned to small task forces and covert operations,
    as neither wants to be responsible for breaking the peace: the support
    of many neutral worlds hangs in the balance.
    The tension has caused agents on both sides to re-evaluate their loyalty.
    Bystanders find themselves standing on a rapidly shrinking middle ground.



    One such world is Kintan, homeworld of the brutal Nikto race.
    Located within the Si'Klaata Cluster of Hutt Space,
    Kintan is a rugged world wracked by centuries of conflict and Nikto exploitation.
    Once a pleasent blue-green globe, Kintan is now dominated by forbidding wastes,
    tectonic instability and nearly impassible mountain ranges.


    Kintan is devoid of nearly all indigenous fauna. Millennia ago, the star M'dweshuu went nova,
    flooding nearby Kintan with radiation. Most indigenous life perished as a result.
    Those that managed to survive also thrived, mutating over the course of centuries into hideous beasts,
    including the horned trogwhale, the spine dragons (popularized in the holoseries of Corwyn Antilles)
    and the huge tuskbeasts.


    A Kamino scientific research station on the coast Gluss'elta Sea has suddenly come under attack
    by the very animals it is studying.
    Is this simply a new mutation in the local wildlife or is something (or someone) causing the changes?
    The Pale Nikto, inhabitants of the coastal regions around the Gluss'elta Sea have been found
    trading strange Sith-looking relics for arms.
    Whispers of the ancient Morgukai, renowned Nikto warriors with the skill to rival the Jedi and Sith,
    have been heard in spaceports and cantinas.


    The Republic fears this is no coincidence.

    Senate leaders and the Jedi Council are working to assemble a special group to investigate Kintan......

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

    whit10 wrote:A dingy spacer’s bar on a backwater fringe world…

    …Daxx looked across the table at his best friend, the man he’d grown up with from Ord Mantel, who was a street urchin that made good, just like him. “Tank, you know that things have gotten even worse since the Sith resurgence. The master just seems to be losing his nerve. I remember when he first found me. He was full of contempt with those on the council that are too slow to realize the mistakes that are made out here. He knew that we’d have to work with the gangs, smugglers, criminals of all kinds just to keep the peace. Now, he’s starting to sound more and more like them, I swear they’re holding something over ole’ Duras. He just ain’t the same guy. What he pulled with Soren and his smuggling ring… damn man, just disrespecting them like that is going to cause so many problems!”
    “Yeah, he shouldn’t have done that… Soren’s a real bad guy when he gets pushed AND it involves his business. So what are you going to do Daxx? It’s not like you can just quit the Jedi and go back to smuggling or acting as muscle for some Hutt…” Tank snorts into his drink.
    “Hell, I sometimes think that they just humor me… I never wear the robes, I’ve got all this ink… They generally treat me like some kinda unpleasant creature that they have to endure because of the rules about Padawan selection. Duras never would have gotten away with selecting me in the old days.” Daxx takes a long pause as he empties his glass, “I’d never do anything drastic while Duras is alive, it’d break him. But, when he does become one with the force, I don’t know how long I can put up with this.”
    “Well, I don’t know what to say brother… now, you did bring the info on the blasters, right? We have some retaliation that needs to happen. Jedi or not, you need to keep you’re part of this bargain, Daxx”

    … “The shipment is around the block, stacked behind a rusting out speeder. But move it! Soren’s boys will get there sooner or later and I need to get off this planet to avoid any connection with what happens next in case Duras comes looking for me. Good luck brother!”

    In a dingy bar on Ord Mantell.....

    Tank finishes his drink as well and gets up to leave. Daxx sees Tank pause only a couple steps away from the table. Without turning back around he says, "I've heard you say it before, but I never understood you until now. I got a bad feeling about this one, buddy. Soren has brought in a lot of Nikto muscle lately. Those guys are just brutal, man."

    Tank turns to face his lifelong friend, fear clearly visible in his eyes. "Come with me for the handoff, even if you stay back in the shadows. I don't know this Thana or why a Kamino scientific station suddenly needs a couple crates of rifles. I would just feel better know you got my back."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:46 pm

    Sargent Rakhu is summoned from his barracks by Republic General Gjax Madine. General Madine is in charge of the Hutt Sector operations and special forces, not usually involved in ROX.

    Sargent Rakhu finds General Madine at a holo conference table. Rakhu can see what looks like a Jedi Master, a horned Gotal and a Bothan also present via holo.

    General Madine motions for Sargent Rakhu to take a position next to him at the table, so he is represented in the holo conference.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:50 pm

    "Ok Tank, I've got your back. Let me tell the master that I'll be a bit later than I thought." Daxx communicates to his master Duras that there have been minor complications that will delay him.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 pm

    MAS wrote:
    T'son Hoil uses his natural affinity for reading energy to root out Sith agents and infiltrators. During his last pursuit, he became trapped on a besieged planet for several months before he could escape. As a consequence, he took part in many fierce battles, and is now an accomplished warrior.

    T'son Hoil has been trapped on the besieged world of Ord Mantell recently. Ord Mantell was devasted by a Sith invasion. However the Sith quickly retreated leaving a power vacuum which several local warlords took advantage of, resulting in a multi-sided civil war on Ord Mantell.

    T'son finds an encoded message from the Bothan Spynet in his daily dead-drop location. T'son is directed to an safehouse basement where he finds a holotable. His instructions are to log-in.

    Upon activating the holo-table, T'son sees the same group as above: a Jedi Master, a Republic General, his Bothan Handler and a Rodian Republic soldier (by his uniform).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 pm

    whit10 wrote:"Ok Tank, I've got your back. Let me tell the master that I'll be a bit later than I thought." Daxx communicates to his master Duras that there have been minor complications that will delay him.

    Daxx has no way of talking to his master from a dingy bar.

    *think about the movies - Obi Wan had to use his starfighter and 'boost' the signal to send a broken image from the outer rim to the core worlds. Anikin, Padme and the droids even had shoddy reception from the holo on a Naboo freighter. There are no intergalatic cell phones in Star Wars Wink
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 pm

    er, um, yeah... I knew that. Smile
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 pm

    Work has been slow for Sharnralkin lately. The star of Wild Universe has found that intergalatic war is not good for the Holonet industry.

    Sharnralkin's last job was for a local PBS station on Ord Mantell. Well, that is before the entire planet was engulfed in a civil war. Needless to say, Sharnralkin never got paid for his 2 part episode about the flying rays of Tipor bay.

    Sharnralkin's loyal cameraman, announcer and avain-droid, Irwin has been trying to drum up some work for his boss.

    Sharnralkin is sitting in the late afternoon sun of Ord Mantell, enjoying his last Kessel cigar, when Irwin excitedly interupts, "Crikey, boss! Maybe the war is ending. We just got a holo message for a new job! This is no ordinary gig, but working for the Kaminoians themselves. Can you believe it?"

    Irwin flaps his rotor-wings as he continues, "It says here, the famous Dr. Alexsandur Helian has been leading the research on Kintan for the Kamino biology division, studying non other than the TUSKBEASTS. I have been trying to get you a shot at a Tuskbeast for years, but those blasted Nikto don't like outsiders. They even have a ship here - it's a way off this rock!"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 pm

    Chris wrote:Work has been slow for Sharnralkin lately. The star of Wild Universe has found that intergalatic war is not good for the Holonet industry.

    Sharnralkin's last job was for a local PBS station on Ord Mantell. Well, that is before the entire planet was engulfed in a civil war. Needless to say, Sharnralkin never got paid for his 2 part episode about the flying rays of Tipor bay.

    Sharnralkin's loyal cameraman, announcer and avain-droid, Irwin has been trying to drum up some work for his boss.

    Sharnralkin is sitting in the late afternoon sun of Ord Mantell, enjoying his last Kessel cigar, when Irwin excitedly interupts, "Crikey, boss! Maybe the war is ending. We just got a holo message for a new job! This is no ordinary gig, but working for the Kaminoians themselves. Can you believe it?"

    Irwin flaps his rotor-wings as he continues, "It says here, the famous Dr. Alexsandur Helian has been leading the research on Kintan for the Kamino biology division, studying non other than the TUSKBEASTS. I have been trying to get you a shot at a Tuskbeast for years, but those blasted Nikto don't like outsiders. They even have a ship here - it's a way off this rock!"

    Sharn stands up, excited by the news. He flicks away the cigar butt and exclaims, "Rarr worr rufruf gyaaaag growlag wgha." Irwin instantly recognizes the wookie's meaning: "You don't have to tell me twice, my affable bird-brained friend. The tuskbeast is indeed a prize worth pursuing."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 pm

    "Hello...awaiting"
    (uncomfortable - cannot feel through hologram, acknowledged known ((Bothan handler, trusting)), others not known ((reserve trust till met)), patience)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm

    Sgt. Rakhu sits abruptly without a word, awkwardly glancing around the table.  When he thinks no-one is looking he sneaks a quick ass scratch under the table.  Then he adjusts his collar, which is too tight, pops his neck and clears his throat.  He casually sniffs his finger to see whether it smells like poop.  Satisfied, he again clears his throat, blankly glares at anyone who is looking at him, and listens quietly.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn stands up, excited by the news. He flicks away the cigar butt and exclaims, "Rarr worr rufruf gyaaaag growlag wgha." Irwin instantly recognizes the wookie's meaning: "You don't have to tell me twice, my affable bird-brained friend. The tuskbeast is indeed a prize worth pursuing."
     





    Irwin buzzes excitedly, "I have the location of Dr. Helian's ship.  It is docked in Fort Garnik, landing pad Epsilon 12.  We can hop a shuttle and be there in a few hours."

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 pm




    General Madine looks around the holotable and nods, "It looks like we are all here, except... Master Duros, where is your padawan?"



    Jedi Master Duros answers calmly, "My padawan is on an undercover mission, but he is already on Ord Mantell.  I am confident the Force will guide him."



    General Madine shakes his head and continues.  "We have a situation emerging on planet Kintan, homeworld of the Nikto, that threatens the stability of the entire region, perhaps the even the peace accord with the Sith.  The Kamino Science Bureau somehow managed to convince the Nikto to set up a research station near the Gluss'elta Sea.  It is one of the few tropical areas left on Kintan and a bio-rich zone on the otherwise desolate rock."

    "A leading Republic Biologist, Dr. Alexsandur Helian in charge of the science team.  Perhaps he was too proud to ask for help sooner, but word finally reached the Republic through his undergraduate assistant Thana Rist that their research station was being attacked by the very creatures they are studying.  Her call for help is our ticket onto to Kintan and our chance to help the Kaminoians."

    Madine motions to the Rodian to stand up, "This is Gunnery Sargent N'butu Rahku of the Republic Office of Xenobiology.  He is in charge of leading this team to Kintan to assess changing behavior in the Trogwhales, Tuskbeasts, Rockdogs and whatever other beasts are attacking the research station."



    Madine continues, "To complicate matters, the Nikto are divided into tribes that are constantly at war with each other.  The Pale Nikto, who inhabit the coastal region of Gluss'elta have been found to be trading strange artifacts.  Jedi Master Duros, can you explain?"



    Master Duros holds up a hologram of what looks like a tribal totem with a dark crystal embedded in it. 



    "I have only gotten my hands on a couple of these, but the sellers said they came from Pale Nikto seeking weapons in trade.  They pulse with a strong Dark Side energy.  If they have come to our attention, then the Sith have most certainly also noticed that some of their artifacts are in circulation.  My padawan, Dax Tay-nari, should be able to analyze and collect more for the Jedi to study.  Agent Ash Falcata?"




    The Bothan's fur ripples as speaks, "We have reason to believe Sith agents are already present on Kintan and more are likely on their way.  Agent Hoil, you must accompany this mission as a field assistant to Sargent Rahku, but your true mission is to root out the Sith Infiltrators on Kintan.  Find out what you can about the artifacts, but eliminate any possibility that they reclaim any Holocrons if there is indeed an old Sith Temple or Tomb on Kintan."

    Another image interupts the Bothan Spymaster....  Satele Shan, Grandmaster of the Jedi Order appears before the group



    Master Duros, General Madine and Spymaster Falcata immediately bow with respect.

    Satele speaks in a calm but commanding voice, "I am sorry I could not join you sooner, my cruiser was still in hyperspace returning from the Kamino homeworld.  I sensed a dark presence there, but I was unable to locate it.  This has caused me to rethink the briefing I provided Master Duros.  The beasts and artifacts are important, but I want to be clear, the real goal is to protect the Kamino Science Division.  The Kaminoians are master geneticists and in particular cloners.  I sense that the rest of this is a diversion by the Sith to infiltrate and gain control over the Kaminoians.  We must protect them and earn their trust.  They are a reclusive race, usually avoiding galactic politics, but if the Sith were gain influence over them, they would be a powerful weapon against the Republic.  I shudder to think how many worlds would be lost if the Sith were to gain a Clone Army.  We must not allow this to happen.  May the Force be with you."

    Satele Chan's holo fades out.





    General Madine finishes the briefing, "Dr. Helian's assistant is currently on Ord Mantell for a resupply run.  The Kaminoians provide radiation treatments, medical supplies and scientific equipment to their hosts, the Pale Nikto.   The ship is docked in the Republic Fort Garnik, pad Epsilon 12.  Thana Rist is expecting you to meet her there and assist her in picking up the supplies."

    Madine looks at Sargent Rahku and agent Hoil, "Any questions?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:54 pm

    sorry for the slow post, but I knew it would take me a while and I had to be home to post the images. 

    Alan, if you don't like that Rodian, just find an image for yourself that you like
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:18 am

    How much, if any of this, does Daxx know?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 am

    Daxx is not aware of any of this, he wasn't at the meeting, since you wanted to be out of touch with your master.  Perhaps Duros is right and the Force will guide him.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:10 am

    (Interest!!!, focusing, committing)

    "The standard dossier will be required. Key Individuals, locations, organizations, and relationships. Do we currently have any contacts or assets in place on Planet?  Is any additional tactical support available if needed?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 am

    Chris wrote: since you wanted to be out of touch with your master

    and when, exactly, did I say this?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 am

    multiple times, on the phone, maybe emails, I am not going to dig just to find it. that was kind of your whole concept, to be out on the fringe, working alone, whatnot. that was why I kept asking if you preferred he was just dead.  we talked about how padawans are usually with their masters, etc


    Last edited by Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am

    MAS wrote:(Interest!!!, focusing, committing)

    "The standard dossier will be required. Key Individuals, locations, organizations, and relationships. Do we currently have any contacts or assets in place on Planet?  Is any additional tactical support available if needed?"




    Ash replies, "The only dossier we have on is Dr. Alexsandur Helian, standard Republic Scientist stuff, but no way to get it to you before you leave Ord Mantell.  The Kaminoians keep a tight lock on their information.  No other eyes or assests on the ground, you are the pathfinder."



    Madine adds, "Kintan is deep in Hutt Space.  Don't count on any backup, which is why you are going in undercover with the ROX and that is all the Kaminoians have authorized.  Like Grandmaster Shan said, the relationship with the cloners is the most important prize here, so we play by their rules.... for now."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

    whit10 wrote:"Ok Tank, I've got your back. .

    Daxx follows his lifelong friend as they weave their way through the back alleys of Fort Garnik towards the stash of blaster rifle crates.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:25 am

    uh, yeah and we decided that, while he works alone quite a bit, he also always stays in contact with his master.  Kinda hard to progress to Jedi Knight without that sorta thing ain't it?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:39 am

    "Understood."

    (Calm, resolved, confident)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:46 am

    whit10 wrote:uh, yeah and we decided that, while he works alone quite a bit, he also always stays in contact with his master.  Kinda hard to progress to Jedi Knight without that sorta thing ain't it?

    ok, so you agree that was the concept.  

    I really have no interest in arguing about this, it is pointless.  Choose now:

    1) you wear your robes, follow your master around the galaxy and don't have a swoop bike (or any other possessions, like a good little padawan).  You can be at his side for the meeting.

    2) you are out in the fringe, often out of touch with your (very patient) master, wear street clothes, have possessions, get mixed up with crime lords like Soren and trust that your noob of a GM can get you together with the rest of the party.

    I don't care, please choose how you want to play your jedi, then just play along and enjoy the story.
    (it's just the freakin prologue)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 am

    wasn't really trying to turn this into an argument actually... option two, as always. 

    My point was more that I thought it odd that he'd never have contact with his master and have NO idea why he's been sent out here...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:09 am

    whit10 wrote:wasn't really trying to turn this into an argument actually... option two, as always. 

    My point was more that I thought it odd that he'd never have contact with his master and have NO idea why he's been sent out here...

    try not to be quite so absolute and extreme.  I didn't say you NEVER had contact with him and he has not "been sent" anywhere.  He is currently 'out of touch' with his master.  maybe Duros has been busy tracking down these Sith artifacts.... maybe Daxx has been busy with Soren.... who the heck cares......  IT'S JUST THE PROLOGUE

    Daxx has no idea what else is going on.....  yet.  Just try to focus on what is happening to Daxx and don't get bothered by the player-knowledge of the meeting.  Daxx was sitting in a bar with Tank, Tank asked him to go along and help - that's all you know
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

    Yes sir.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:13 pm

    Sharn gathers his gear and accompanies Irwin to the shuttle.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 pm

    "If they are accepting ROX help, then we WILL have open holo comm with you sir?". Sgt Rakhu nervously followed the banter at the table, learning what he needed.  "We should establish some mission specific report codes that won't alarm the kaminoans OR the Hutts.". If we find sith, we won't need codes, he thought.  Maybe supply beurocracy triplicate or something?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:43 am




    General Madine nods in agreement with the sargent.  "It is your mission, sargent, establish your own codes before you depart."



    Ash Falcata's ears go flat, "The Hutts will most certainly be listening to any holocoms from the Nikto, as they supply virtually all the tech to Kintan.  I doubt we can intercept the Kaminoian comms."  Ash absently twirls a tuft of his chin fur as he thinks, "But maybe we can use the Hutt's paranoia to our advantage.  We have agents embedded within the Hutt Cartels.  Perhaps I can get an ear on the Kintan channels.  I will work on it from my end.  I recommend comm-silence unless absolutely necessary, but if you must, use the Nikto holocomms."



    "And if the Force guides my padawan to you, please explain the mission and my continued interest in the Sith artifacts.  But warn him not to try and study them himself.  It is too dangerous for any Jedi to do alone.  Sith artifacts must always be studied in a group to avoid... contamination."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:46 am

    Please state any final actions you take before you go to Fort Garnik, docking bay Epsilon 12.

    I may post the next bit here shortly, but you can do something quick for prep before you go if you want. Everyone's timelines are kind of fluid at the moment.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:18 pm

    Shall I assume you don't need anymore input from me as Daxx is sort of committed to keeping an eye on the weapons transaction?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:41 pm

    whit10 wrote:Shall I assume you don't need anymore input from me as Daxx is sort of committed to keeping an eye on the weapons transaction?

    details of how do you want to do that?

    you know the back alley where you stashed the rifle crates, do you......

    walk with Tank?
    hide in the shadows?
    try to blend into the crowd on the streets?
    how close do you stay?
    using any other skills?
    on foot?
    on your swoop?

    etc etc etc
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:54 pm

    Fort Garnik Spaceport - Republic controlled, lots of gang\warlord activity.  It is a fairly busy spaceport, with much of the traffic coming from nearby towns and forts for access to the spaceport and off-world transport.



    After doing whatever prep you want....  

    Sargent Rahku, Agent Hoil,  Sharn and Irwin are approaching Fort Garnik via different shuttles (inter-atmospheric craft) over the course of about 30-60 minutes.  You are all coming in on different routes.


    All 3 - give me a perception check, please (unless you would sleep for shuttle rides) clown
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2379
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:44 pm

    Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    9 + 10 = 19
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:42 pm

    what is the overall layout of the alley? One or two open ends? Really tall buildings next to it or short ones? Would someone on a swoop sitting and talking to someone else attract attention? Is Tank by himself (not counting me)?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 pm

    Sgt Rakhu will attempt to requisition a vehicle: rugged and light with both passenger and cargo space. "Its gotta fit in a transport, preferably with a 360 gun turret.". He also picks up a couple really big nets, a spool of twine, a vibro-shovel, and a jug of bantha piss. "Also 4 cammo panchos for the city slickers to wear."
    He will then clean his quarters, adjust all of the decor and amenities, adjust them again, and tweak one more before leaving. Then halfway out the door he comes back and adjusts them again.
    As he checks out to deploy, he drops a renewed application for warrant officer training? ( I don't know how that works, but he is trying to avoid ending up at a desk job or training noobs when he promotes again).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:46 am

    whit10 wrote:what is the overall layout of the alley?  One or two open ends?  Really tall buildings next to it or short ones?  Would someone on a swoop sitting and talking to someone else attract attention?  Is Tank by himself (not counting me)?

    Fort Garnik is the major space-port in the area, supporting the other smaller towns and Forts.  Since there are shuttles and transports coming and going, from both other planet-side destinations and to space, most of the buildings are no more than 3-4 stories high.  There are a few towers, but those are mostly for sensors and communications.

    It is an open ended alley, with typical docking bay or warehouse sized building around it.  There is a lot of foot and repulsor traffic on the street, it is midday.  

    There is a large number of Republic troopers and staff, but they always seem busy and short-staffed.  There is a lot of gang\warlord activity, all over the planet, but especially at a spaceport.  Remember, after the Sith invaded and then pulled out the planet fell into chaos as local warlords and crimelords all staked their own claims and have essentially started a multi-sided civil war for control of Ord Mantell.  The Republic is here trying to restore some sense of order and gain control of the planet.  Explosions and blaster-fire are a daily occurrence at most towns and forts.

    ****this is an apparent part of the Sith's overall strategy of causing chaos and making the Republic spend time and resources defending too much territory all across the galaxy*****
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am

    navyik wrote:Sgt Rakhu will attempt to requisition a vehicle: rugged and light with both passenger and cargo space.  "Its gotta fit in a transport, preferably with a 360 gun turret.". He also picks up a couple really big nets, a spool of twine, a vibro-shovel,  and a jug of bantha piss.  "Also 4 cammo panchos for the city slickers to wear."
     He will then clean his quarters, adjust all of the decor and amenities, adjust them again, and tweak one more before leaving.  Then halfway out the door he comes back and adjusts them again.
      As he checks out to deploy, he drops a renewed application for warrant officer training? ( I don't know how that works, but he is trying to avoid ending up at a desk job or training noobs when he promotes again).

    **see the above post about overall conditions****

    Sgt Rakhu files his warrant officer application.

    Sgt Rakhu finds the Republic requisition office.  It is a terribly chaotic mess, with 2 young staffers running about.  One stops to salute the Sgt and notices the requisition form in his hand.  He gestures to a desk as he heads out the door, "Requests on the left, reclamation on the right."  

    Sgt Rakhu notices on the left, 4 file baskets that are overflowing and disorganized.  There is a single empty basket on the right.

    ****This is actually a NOBLE class ability and one of the few that make them unique.  Supply\money requisition is not available to other classes.  The Officer prestige class has a similar ability, as does Crimelord.

    Rakhu could probably find most of that using Streetwise and buying it off the streets of Fort Garnik.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:02 pm

    Ok, for now... I'll dress normally (no obvious signs of being a Jedi) and sit on the swoop about 20 meters away from the drop site. I will, however, attempt to use Farseeing to gain some insight into how things might go as regards this upcoming transaction...

    Farseeing:
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25
    Nice!

    Other than that, Daxx will just try and look like he's tinkering with the swoop or just minding his own business while keeping an eye on things (will also wait the result of that skill check)


    Last edited by whit10 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 pm

    He will obtain the simple items through common civilian channels and do without the vehicle.  should have asked the general for that...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm

    navyik wrote:He will obtain the simple items through common civilian channels and do without the vehicle.  should have asked the general for that...

    Ok, you can do that quickly on your way to your shuttle to Fort Garnik.

    I am not going to micro manage your characters. Find the prices or closest approximates in the Core rules or EQ guide, deduct from remaining funds (I think you found you guys get like 4k credits or something). we can keep moving, just make a post when you finish shopping.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 pm

    whit10 wrote:Ok, for now... I'll dress normally (no obvious signs of being a Jedi) and sit on the swoop about 20 meters away from the drop site.  I will, however, attempt to use Farseeing to gain some insight into how things might go as regards this upcoming transaction...

    Farseeing:
    Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25
    Nice!

    Other than that, Daxx will just try and look like he's tinkering with the swoop or just minding his own business while keeping an eye on things (will also wait the result of that skill check)

    I am just making sure you know what you are doing, since this is your first time with the rules and we are still in the prologue

    "

    Deduct -9 vitality for this encounter and somewhere mark that you have used your Farseeing for the week.

    Do note the other uses of Farseeing - once\week can use it as a reroll and from the Starship guide (probably the best use) you can use your Farseeing INSTEAD of the fire control for starship weapons.  Since you have invested 6 ranks, I WILL use the GM part to give
    'glimpses' and such as noted in the rules.

    As Daxx pretends to tinker with his swoop, he uses the Force to peer into the Future.  It is as if he is watching a movie through a foggy haze......

    Daxx can see the street in Fort Garnik.  Daxx can make out a group of rough looking reptilian humanoids, Nikto maybe, walking down the street.  They appear to be carrying backpacks and satchels.  The packs however are shrouded in darkness, as if something is obscuring them from sight.  They appear as shadow images in Daxx's Farsight.

    Daxx senses that his lifelong friend Tank is in danger.

    Daxx begins to watch the exchange go poorly for Tank.  The Nikto seem to want more crates or not to give up their end of the deal.... Daxx isn't quite sure.  As Daxx watches the movie scene playout, as he has many times under Master Duros' instruction, something strange happens.

    One of the Nikto in the back seems like an actor who 'breaks character' in a play.... he stops paying attention to his scene and begins looking around for something.  His gaze turns across the street and he seems to be searching the area of the street where Daxx is sitting with his swoop bike.  Daxx has never had someone in a vision break character before and it is greatly unsettling.  

    The Nikto is shrouded in darkness, but this final image stays with Daxx as he awakens from his vision.  It is as if Daxx is now the subject and the Nikto is the Farseer.

    " />
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:09 pm

    Chris wrote:Sargent Rahku, Agent Hoil,  Sharn and Irwin are approaching Fort Garnik via different shuttles (inter-atmospheric craft) over the course of about 30-60 minutes.  You are all coming in on different routes.


    All 3 - give me a perception check, please (unless you would sleep for shuttle rides) clown

    Sharn's Perception check: 7+2=9. Pfff. He's busy reading the paper...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:57 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Sharn's Perception check: 7+2=9. Pfff. He's busy reading the paper...

    Sharn is quietly reading the Fort Garnik Post.....

    price of Sullustan Tea is down this year....

    Corwyn Antilles and the Lair of the Krayt Dragon IV is coming out next month....

    Republic Senate Budget Committee passes continued rebuilding funds.....

    when all of a sudden an image flashes into Sharn's mind (Farseeing)


    " />

    Sharn has no idea what it means, but he feels like he is being watched by a jungle predator
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:01 pm

    Wow! I did not see that vitality penalty, my bad. I'll finish tinkering and get on the swoop.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 am

    Mildly disturbed, Sharn lights a cigar and stares out the window.
    "What is the matter, sir?" Irwin inquires.
    Sharn replies {translated}: "Something peculiar... a troubling image came into mind. As if I'm being observed by someone skilled in the art of Farseeing." The wookie gulps and takes another drag of his tobacco treat. "I fear there is something amiss in the Force Realm."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 am

    whit10 wrote:Wow! I did not see that vitality penalty, my bad.  I'll finish tinkering and get on the swoop.

    within a few minutes, Daxx sees a group of rough looking Nikto coming down the street carrying satchels and backpacks heading towards Tank. The scene looks familiar to your Farsight.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 am

    Robyo wrote:Mildly disturbed, Sharn lights a cigar and stares out the window.
    "What is the matter, sir?" Irwin inquires.
    Sharn replies {translated}: "Something peculiar... a troubling image came into mind. As if I'm being observed by someone skilled in the art of Farseeing." The wookie gulps and takes another drag of his tobacco treat. "I fear there is something amiss in the Force Realm."

    Sharn lands uneventfully at Fort Garnik in docking bay Gamma 7, which is 1 terminal over from Episolon.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

    MAS wrote:Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    9 + 10 = 19

    (sorry for the delay, trying to get everyone's timelines in-synch)

    As the shuttle is flying over the Ord Mantell countryside, T'son notices some anti-aircraft gun emplacements hidden within the hills surrounding Fort Garnik. T'son was aware that the Republic has such weapons around most of their forts. They are typically automated guns controlled by the sensor and fire-control towers, usually within the Fort itself. The Republic often leaves a few combat droids or a forcefield to protect the FLAKs.

    What catches T'son's attention is a squad-sized group of non-uniformed humanoids around 1 of the FLAK guns. T'son can't quite tell what they are doing, but it looks like they are working on the gun. There does not appear to be a forcefield or any combat droids.

    T'son makes a mental note of the location, before his decent into Fort Garnik.

    Sponsored content

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:37 am