Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    PROLOGUE

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:07 pm

    whit10 wrote:Perception for Daxx... how much of this can I see (including the flak gun or gunner)?
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    19,+3
    Total:22

    Chris wrote:
    T'son, Sharn and Daxx all witness the crash and can feel the heat from the explosion. They all see a Rodian get ejected before the crash and land near Epsilon 12.

    The Pale Nikto wait for the shuttle crash, then rush across the tarmac, with their heads down, to Dr. Helian's shuttle.

    Daxx cannot see the FLAK guns or gunners, but the fire seems to be coming from the foothills all around Fort Garnik.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    "Graffgor!" {Action shot!} Sharn bellows. At once, he and the avian droid move apart, acting in sync. A bit of choreography they've practiced a million times before. One quick gesture by the wookie signals Irwin to fly up to a near-by ledge (or pole or antennae, whatever is available) and commences shooting the scene with his audio/video recorder. Then, in a hustle, Sharn will run, jump, leap towards the burning debris. He is searching for survivors.
    Perception check: 16+7= 23.

    Irwin can also just fly on his repulsors Wink
    camera has built-in motion stabilizers

    Sharn can't get too close to the body of the shuttle as it is still engulfed in flames, but he finds part of the cockpit section that must have broken apart on one of the skids before it hit the hangar.

    Sharn can see the pilot and maybe 1-2 other crew members inside. There is debris on top of the cockpit and the cockpit's blast door sealed to protect the crew. How does Sharn want to procceed?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:12 am

    Attempt to move debris off of the cockpit, pushing it or sliding it, to get it down. Then will try to open the door and check for survivors.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 am

    Assuming any large weapons and his backpack were stowed and now lost, sgt. Rakhu draws his heavy blaster pistol and looks for any immediate threats.  Perc:7+9=16.   If none, he will attend to the wreckage to assist in any rescue.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 am

    Robyo wrote:Attempt to move debris off of the cockpit, pushing it or sliding it, to get it down. Then will try to open the door and check for survivors.

    Str check to move the heavy debris

    navyik wrote:Assuming any large weapons and his backpack were stowed and now lost, sgt. Rakhu draws his heavy blaster pistol and looks for any immediate threats.  Perc:7+9=16.   If none, he will attend to the wreckage to assist in any rescue.

    I wouldn't be that mean during the prologue - you have whatever was previously listed on your character sheet.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 pm

    Chris wrote:I wouldn't be that mean during the prologue - you have whatever was previously listed on your character sheet.  
    Well i wouldnt be mad at you. Shit happens. Rakhu always survives it.  But thanks.farao

    In that case he has the rotary locked and loaded.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 pm

    navyik wrote:Assuming any large weapons and his backpack were stowed and now lost, sgt. Rakhu draws his heavy blaster pistol and looks for any immediate threats.  Perc:7+9=16.   If none, he will attend to the wreckage to assist in any rescue.

    Rakhu can see a Wookie attempting to clear some heavy debris off the shuttle cockpit, the rest of the shuttle is still engulfed in flames. Rakhu also sees lots of various civilian looking folks scurrying about in attempt to find shelter. He sees the Gotal from his holo conference by a shuttle that matches the description of Dr. Helian's with the research assistant Twi'lek. There are several of her Nikto hosts around her shuttle (as was explained in the holo-conference) and a few more carrying supply crates back to her ship. Rakhu sees some random swoop biker with green skin....
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:40 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Attempt to move debris off of the cockpit, pushing it or sliding it, to get it down. Then will try to open the door and check for survivors.

    Str check to move the heavy debris 

    Enhance Ability force skill check: 17+7 = 24 = +4 STR
    (-3 Vitality)

    STR check: 10+3+4 = 17
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

    Robyo wrote:

    Enhance Ability force skill check: 17+7 = 24 = +4 STR
    (-3 Vitality)

    STR check: 10+3+4 = 17

    Sharn is able to clear away much of the smaller debris, but the largest piece, which is blocking the blast door to the cockpit, is too heavy. Sharn can lift a corner of the debris, so he knows he is close.....

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:54 pm

    I dinna have green skin ya basterd!
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:57 pm

    T'son will stay posted near the shuttle and provide security for Dr Helians team. If there is cover/concealment available, he will use it.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 pm

    Sgt. Rakhu will check in with the gotal first, keeping an eye open for threats.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:31 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

    Enhance Ability force skill check: 17+7 = 24 = +4 STR
    (-3 Vitality)

    STR check: 10+3+4 = 17

    Sharn is able to clear away much of the smaller debris, but the largest piece, which is blocking the blast door to the cockpit, is too heavy.  Sharn can lift a corner of the debris, so he knows he is close.....  


    Continue trying to move the debris.

    Second STR check: 18+3+4 = 25
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:58 am

    MAS wrote:T'son will stay posted near the shuttle and provide security for Dr Helians team. If there is cover/concealment available, he will use it.

    T'son finds some cover behind supply crates or the leg of the ship, as you like it

    navyik wrote:Sgt. Rakhu will check in with the gotal first, keeping an eye open for threats.

    The recently ejected, only slightly charred and heavily armed Rodian that was ejected from the shuttle crash, wearing a 'Pub uniform approaches T'son's position.  T'son recognizes him from the holo conference.

    Robyo wrote:

    Continue trying to move the debris.

    Second STR check: 18+3+4 = 25

    Irwin is circling around Sharn, using the helicopter-style shot, before he lands near Sharn's feet.  Irwin is shooting upwards, making Sharn seem even bigger than usual as he lifts the final piece of debris with a mighty wookie roar.

    Irwin lifts off again and pans out to focus on the blastdoor of the cockpit, which is still closed.


    Daxx can see the NIkto he has been following regroup with the other NIkto around what looks like a science ship.  There is a Twi'lek female, a Gotal taking cover, a Rodian in a 'Pub uniform and a Wookie single-handedly clearing debris from the shuttle crash site.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:17 pm

    hmm... might be time to land.  I'll look for a relatively safe place to touch down
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:27 pm

    whit10 wrote:hmm... might be time to land.  I'll look for a relatively safe place to touch down

    huh?  you are not flying, you are riding a swoop bike

    max altitude is about 10m (think the movies) they are motorcycles, not flying machines.  classified as "ground speeders"

    besides... anything flying in the air is being fired upon by FLAK guns Wink
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:44 pm

    Sharn will check around for anything that looks like a blast door control panel.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:14 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn will check around for anything that looks like a blast door control panel.

    Sharn finds a control panel that appears to have been damaged in the crash.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:09 pm

    my bad, forgot about the flight ceiling, it always seems higher in the games.

    Anyway, ride up and stop maybe 60 meters away from the wookie
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:23 pm

    whit10 wrote:
    Anyway, ride up and stop maybe 60 meters away from the wookie

    Ok.

    This is visible to everyone.

    Sharn is inspecting the control panel, as Daxx pulls up.

    Rakhu and T'son are about 100m away under the Kaminoian science vessel. The Twi'lek and Nikto are all in the same vicinity.

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 pm

    "Hello. This is an inauspicious start, is it not?" 
    (Exasperation)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm

    Rakhu is noticably wary of the nikto. "Is the doctor on board?" His shortness is not rude, but there is no time for pleasantries. If the entry is exposed he will burst through it, stop, back out, and then awkwardly speak through it to ask for permission to board.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:31 pm

    MAS wrote:"Hello. This is an inauspicious start, is it not?" 
    (Exasperation)

    navyik wrote:Rakhu is noticably wary of the nikto. "Is the doctor on board?" His shortness is not rude, but there is no time for pleasantries. If the entry is exposed he will burst through it, stop, back out, and then awkwardly speak through it to ask for permission to board.

    is Rakhu asking T'son, that just addressed him?


    the entry to the science shuttle is open and the ramp is down. the nikto seem to be going in and out regularly carrying supplies and talking about how it was strange that the seller just 'ran off' when he saw them approaching.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm

    Yes, he is talking to t'son. His people skills are lacking.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:02 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Sharn will check around for anything that looks like a blast door control panel.

    Sharn finds a control panel that appears to have been damaged in the crash.

    Inspecting the control panel... Is it repairable? If so, Sharn grabs his toolkit and gets to working on it.

    Repair check: 15+4=19

    Do the guys in the cockpit appear to be in any immediate danger?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Inspecting the control panel... Is it repairable? If so, Sharn grabs his toolkit and gets to working on it.
    Repair check: 15+4=19

    Indeed, good use of skills!

    Irwin zooms the camera in to a tight focus on Sharn as he works diligently, but quickly on the control panel.  Irwin captures the angle that includes the burning wreckage in the background for effect.  Sharn hears Irwin make some comment about "brains and brawn" but he is too focused on his task to catch it all.

    The cockpit blast door slides open with a "WWWHHHOOOSSSH".  Sharn can see 3 crew members, 1 has been impaled by part of the seat in front of him - maybe he wasn't strapped down?

    The pilot and comm officer appear alive, though injured.  The pilot is now unconscious and the comm officer looks like he has a few broken bones.  Both looked surprised and relieved to see the wookie.  

    " />

    "Can you get us out?"  the comm officer asks weakly.  "Lloyd has been going in and out.  And I think my leg is broke, maybe some ribs too."  Sharn is pretty sure his nose is too, by the look of his face.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 pm

    Addressing the Nikto - "Where is the Dr?"

    Sense motive on Nikto -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

    19 + 9 = 28
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:08 pm

    MAS wrote:Addressing the Nikto - "Where is the Dr?"
    Sense motive on Nikto -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :
    19 + 9 = 28

    " />

    This Nikto seems to be directing the others with the supplies, "Chut, chut porko tenya.  Docto presqa droob jute nah.... Kintan.  Docto nopa panska, hehe.  Chess ko chik youngee"  he replies in Huttese

    T'son senses annoyance, but an honest reply.


    Last edited by Chris on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:10 am

    As quickly, yet as gently as possibly, Sharn pulls the crew members from the wrecked cockpit and sets them down in a safe location.

    (carry anyone who needs it) STR check: 17+3+4= 24

    (heal anyone who needs it) Heal Another: 19+10= 29... = (6+2) 8 Wounds restored (costs 4 Vitality)

    (use medkit if needed) Treat Injury: 6+3= 9 , meh


    Sharn's current Vitality: 25
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:45 pm

    Without saying a word, Daxx will rush to the wounded and start trying to heal them. (I think I've got the sequence of events right)

    Let me know when to start making rolls, I don't know if you have an off-initiative order here
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:39 pm

    place holder for updates later

    crzy day at work and family wedding this evening
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm

    Chris wrote:place holder for updates later

    crzy day at work and family wedding this evening

    Roger that. Family biz trumps gaming every time.

    I'm having fun! bounce
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:13 pm

    forget my last post. I'll still land and, as I move over to the wounded, I'll use Increase Ability. Just in case...

    Increase Ability: Dex

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24

    Shit yah! +4 to Dex, -3 Vitality
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 pm

    Im away from home - forgot to bring my gaming pdfs with. languages! Do we get any for free?

    Anybody speak Huttese?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am

    Int bonus=extra languages. I missed it too. Would make sense for my guy to speak huttese if chris will allow the correction this late.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:29 am

    yeah... I sorta forgot that one too.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 am

    navyik wrote:Int bonus=extra languages.  I missed it too.  Would make sense for my guy to speak huttese if chris will allow the correction this late.

    study that is correct!

    yeah, go ahead and everybody take your correct # of languages, since SW does NOT have universal translators, language skills are actually important.
    Huttese is kind of like Mexican, half the galaxy speaks it, at least the half in the outer rim.  

    and some languages you can take as "understanding" only, if your species cannot speak the words, ie Shryyyywoook, Gamorean, Geonosian, Killik, Gree, Twi'lek (head-tail sign language) etc etc


    Last edited by Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:48 am

    Robyo wrote:As quickly, yet as gently as possibly, Sharn pulls the crew members from the wrecked cockpit and sets them down in a safe location.
    (carry anyone who needs it) STR check: 17+3+4= 24
    (heal anyone who needs it) Heal Another: 19+10= 29... = (6+2) 8 Wounds restored (costs 4 Vitality)
    (use medkit if needed) Treat Injury: 6+3= 9 , meh
    Sharn's current Vitality: 25

    Sharn can manage the injured easily with his enhanced strength.  Where does Sharn want his triage?  by Helian's ship, in the street, in an empty docking bay.....



    whit10 wrote:forget my last post.  I'll still land and, as I move over to the wounded, I'll use Increase Ability. Just in case...
    Increase Ability: Dex
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    17,+7
    Total:24
    Shit yah!  +4 to Dex, -3 Vitality

    ok done
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

    MAS wrote:Im away from home - forgot to bring my gaming pdfs with. languages! Do we get any for free?

    Anybody speak Huttese?

    awaiting language selection.....
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:04 pm

    I don't have my books available here... I'll assume that for each +1 on the INT. modifier we get a language. Mine are Huttese and Nikto. (kinda makes sense I think)

    ...and we do too have universal translators... they're just annoying, pompous droids.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

    Take the wounded crew to the empty docking bay. Sharn is unsure whom to trust.


    See Force check: 18+3= 21 (-3 Vitality)
    Sharn is currently at 22 Vit.


    Heal Self check 18+7=25 ...restore 5 vitality (0 Vit)
    Sharn is at 27 vit.


    He is on the lookout for force-users. Also paying attention to the crazy scene as it unfolds. Sharn doesn't understand violence.

    Will also attempt to help the wounded if they need it. What is their status?


    *I updated Shan's languages. Took Huttese, Geonosian, and Twi'lek. None of them can Sharn successfully replicate. The last two don't have a written form, IIRC. Is there a written form of Huttese?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:40 pm

    Robyo wrote:Take the wounded crew to the empty docking bay. Sharn is unsure whom to trust.


    See Force check: 18+3= 21 (-3 Vitality)
    Sharn is currently at 22 Vit.

    He is on the lookout for force-users. Also paying attention to the crazy scene as it unfolds. Sharn doesn't understand violence.

    Will also attempt to help the wounded if they need it. What is their status?
     Is there a written form of Huttese?

    The wounded are stable, but still fatigued from the crash.  They are now in an empty docking bay, let's call it Ep11, across the street from Helian's ship.

    not sure about Huttese, probably a written version, given the Hutts' record keeping and general sophistication.  

    ok, See Force has 2 uses.  1 is examining a specific target to determine IF it is a Force User and it's power relative to yours.  The second is what I call Force Sonar, you "ping" the area and note the ripples in the Force

    " />

    I am assuming you mean use #2....


    Do Daxx or T'son wish to make a Force Stealth check to prevent Sharn from detecting them as Force Users?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm

    Nope. But I will use See Force as well when it's my turn. My force stealth rating is non-existent. lol

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 pm

    whit10 wrote:Nope.  But I will use See Force as well when it's my turn.  My force stealth rating is non-existent. lol


    roll anytime you want, it is freeflow time, DC 25 or Force Stealth if used

    Sharn detects a strong ripple in the Force... and it is moving right towards him.  A tough looking, swoop biker just landed nearby and is heading towards the injured Republic troops.  

    (I know the rules don't quite say this but Daxx just used the Force on himself immediately before the See Force)  Sharn is sensing that the Force is actively being channeled by the human.  It is as if a larger rock were dropped into the pool of Force at his location and it is causing more ripples than Daxx would cause without having just used the Force as a residual buff.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 pm

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:Nope.  But I will use See Force as well when it's my turn.  My force stealth rating is non-existent. lol


    roll anytime you want, it is freeflow time, DC 25 or Force Stealth if used

    Sharn detects a strong ripple in the Force... and it is moving right towards him.  A tough looking, swoop biker just landed nearby and is heading towards the injured Republic troops.  

    (I know the rules don't quite say this but Daxx just used the Force on himself immediately before the See Force)  Sharn is sensing that the Force is actively being channeled by the human.  It is as if a larger rock were dropped into the pool of Force at his location and it is causing more ripples than Daxx would cause without having just used the Force as a residual buff.


    Sharn will stand between the wounded crew and the approaching force-user. He shows his presence, but not trying to intimidate. He takes a minor bow, showing respect to the stranger.

    Telepathy check: 20+3=23 (-3 vit)
    He says in Daxx's mind: "Help?"

    also,
    Friendship check: 14+0= 14 (-2 vit).
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:45 pm

    See Force:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    14,+6
    Total:20
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm

    whit10 wrote:See Force:

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    14,+6
    Total:20

    Daxx reaches out with the Force.... but feels no ripples.

    -3 Vitality
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:29 pm

    Thought I posted this already?

    Languages are Gotal, Huttese, and "Common"


    What did the Nikto say?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 pm

    MAS wrote:Thought I posted this already?
    Languages are Gotal, Huttese, and "Common"
    What did the Nikto say?

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Addressing the Nikto - "Where is the Dr?"
    Sense motive on Nikto -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :
    19 + 9 = 28

    " />

    This Nikto seems to be directing the others with the supplies, "Chut, chut porko tenya.  Docto presqa droob jute nah.... Kintan.  Docto nopa panska, hehe.  Chess ko chik youngee"  he replies in Huttese

    T'son senses annoyance, but an honest reply.

    ** " Hi, hi fat horns.  The Doctor doesn't travel he is at... Kintan.  Doctor does not run errands, hehe.  Be careful crazy new times."  

    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Huttese is not a real language, like Klingon, which is why there is a full translator for Klingon there is not one for Huttese.  I am taking words from the movies that we know the meaning of and then just adding my own gibberish that sounds like something Jabba would say.  For instance, "chut chut Watto." was Anikin's greating.  "Chess ko Sebulba" a warning about Sebulba, etc  

    study there is a wiki with some 'words' and I used some of those, but jsut made up a bunch too
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 pm

    I dig it - good background info - Just wanted to check - they could have been "honest" telling me they were cooking and eating the Dr for all I knew!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:44 pm