Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    PROLOGUE

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:45 am

    We do have comlinks though, I can warn him (since that's a short distance), yes?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:57 pm

    whit10 wrote:We do have comlinks though, I can warn him (since that's a short distance), yes?

    Do you both have comlinks? that wasn't established.....

    your equipment shows:

    Equipment Credits 900

    Set of barely worn Jedi robes
    Mobquet Flare S- Swoop (used – 2500) pg. 74 Arms & Equip
    Jedi Utility Belt – pg. 62 Power of the Jedi

    I don't have the Jedi book here.....
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm

    Tank?  I don't know.  I would assume he does, but not my call.

    Daxx has one as a part of the Jedi utility belt (amongst other gadgets)
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm

    Sgt. Rakhu boards his shuttle anxiously, the only safe seat is the gun.  Quickly checking whether the coast is cleat, he picks his nose.  The booger looks tasty, but its too risky... he wipes it on his thigh.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm

    ok, go ahead, next time try to be more specific in your planning phase Wink

    Daxx can see Tank across the street, he tries to be subtle about answering his comm, in a half whisper he picks up, "what?!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

    navyik wrote:Sgt. Rakhu boards his shuttle anxiously, the only safe seat is the gun.  Quickly checking whether the coast is cleat, he picks his nose.  The booger looks tasty, but its too risky... he wipes it on his thigh.

    strange fella

    Chris wrote:
    After doing whatever prep you want....  

    Sargent Rahku, Agent Hoil,  Sharn and Irwin are approaching Fort Garnik via different shuttles (inter-atmospheric craft) over the course of about 30-60 minutes.  You are all coming in on different routes.


    All 3 - give me a perception check, please (unless you would sleep for shuttle rides) clown
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

    MAS wrote:Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    9 + 10 = 19
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm

    MAS wrote:
    MAS wrote:Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    9 + 10 = 19

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

    9 + 10 = 19

    (sorry for the delay, trying to get everyone's timelines in-synch)

    As the shuttle is flying over the Ord Mantell countryside, T'son notices some anti-aircraft gun emplacements hidden within the hills surrounding Fort Garnik.  T'son was aware that the Republic has such weapons around most of their forts.  They are typically automated guns controlled by the sensor and fire-control towers, usually within the Fort itself.  The Republic often leaves a few combat droids or a forcefield to protect the FLAKs.

    What catches T'son's attention is a squad-sized group of non-uniformed humanoids around 1 of the FLAK guns.  T'son can't quite tell what they are doing, but it looks like they are working on the gun.  There does not appear to be a forcefield or any combat droids.

    T'son makes a mental note of the location, before his decent into Fort Garnik.

    Very Happy

    I really just reposted the Perception check request for Alan, since it was on the other page
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm

    Roger that - didnt see it buried under all of the other discussion...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:03 pm

    Sharnralkin and Irwin head over to Dr. Helian's ship in Epsilon.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 am

    "I got a bad feeling about this Tank, I don't think these guys are who we thought they were."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 am

    whit10 wrote:"I got a bad feeling about this Tank, I don't think these guys are who we thought they were."

    "I can't carry all these crates.... should I just run?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:13 pm

    Perception roll of 7+9=16
    Sorry I missed that
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:43 pm

    sorry Chris, got lots going on today.  I'll respond after I get home (I hope)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

    just out of curiosity, who owns the said rifle crates?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 am

    whit10 wrote:just out of curiosity, who owns the said rifle crates?

    I am just going off the scraps of info in your prologue.....

    Sounds like the crimelord Soren is\was the owner. Daxx and\or Tank somehow got their hands on them as part of the retaliation you mention. At the least Tank is handling the exchange for Soren with these off-world Nikto as the buyers.

    Since your prologue was vague, I was just using at a way to connect you to the Pale Nikto and Dr. Helian's ship.

    In other words, the details don't matter too much Wink
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 am

    Word.  In that case, "Tank, I think this is going to go bad real quick.  Split, unless you don't mind dyin for some rifles!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am

    Daxx watches Tank take 1 more look at the approaching group of Nikto.  He quickly dashes off in the opposite direction pulling up his hood.  He ducks in behind a group of merchants and then appears to be walking with them talking about some trinket.  Daxx can see his cloak and hood left in a pile on the street.  Tank and the merchants walk right past the Nikto as they arrive at the crates.

    The Nikto look around for a few seconds at the crates, checking them out and expecting to find a seller.  They seem to be smiling and joking about the situation.  Without further hesitation, they pick up the rifle crates and head back the way they came, in the general direction of the docking bays.  Daxx has seen Nikto before, but they usually have brown or dark skin.  These Nikto stand out a bit as they have very pale, almost white skin.  Daxx can see that they are still carrying the satchels and backpacks, like the ones he saw in his vision.

    " />
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:59 am

    Robyo wrote:Sharnralkin and Irwin head over to Dr. Helian's ship in Epsilon.

    Sharn and T'son find Epsilon 12 easily.  They see a light freighter, with no obvious weaponry docked.  There are about a dozen pale skinned Nikto milling about, loading, unloading, doing minor repairs, etc.

    " />

    Sharn and T'son are approaching from opposite directions.  They can see each other, unless either is trying to hide.  There are enough other humans and aliens in the general docking bay area that no one attracts attention.  There appears to be a Republic customs agent with a datapad speaking with a female Twi'lek, that matches the description of Dr. Helian's assistant, near the ship.

    " />
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Sharnralkin and Irwin head over to Dr. Helian's ship in Epsilon.

    Sharn and T'son find Epsilon 12 easily.  They see a light freighter, with no obvious weaponry docked.  There are about a dozen pale skinned Nikto milling about, loading, unloading, doing minor repairs, etc.

    " />

    Sharn and T'son are approaching from opposite directions.  They can see each other, unless either is trying to hide.  There are enough other humans and aliens in the general docking bay area that no one attracts attention.  There appears to be a Republic customs agent with a datapad speaking with a female Twi'lek, that matches the description of Dr. Helian's assistant, near the ship.

    " />

    We approach the Twi'lek female. Sharn bows low and reaches his hand out in greeting. With a toothy grin he says, "Gwarg ragrug gruuf Helianishk astrakarg magharatak Sharnralkin garanh Irwinkai brutheff gragnor bassch" {Well met, my lady. We seek passage on Dr. Helian's ship. My name is Sharnralkin and this is my droid assistant, Irwin. Our business with the good doctor is quite urgent}. Then Irwin will translate as needed and communicate our intentions. I assume he already contacted the Dr. ahead-of-time?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

    " />[/quote]

    The Twi'lek replies in basic, but it seems like she understands Shryywook, "Ah!  The might Sharnralkin, so glad you accepted my invitation.  Pardon me while I try to dot my T's and cross my eyes with this.... Hrruuuaarrkk (poorly pronounced, but Sharn figures she means the derogatory for child)... official."

    Irwin beeps a short series of chirps and reminds Sharn that the job offer came from the Twi'lek Thana Rist.  

    While punching something into the Republic custom's officer's datapad, Thana says over her shoulder, "Our Nikto friends are out collecting our supplies, but we should hopefully be off world soon.  It appears we will have some other new hands.  (shaking her head slightly)  Apparently the Kaminoians have arranged for some Republic Xenobiologists to come with us back to Kintan to 'observe' the behavioral changes in the local wildlife.  It's just politics, we'll put them up in a tree stand somewhere and let them watch tree Yods all day.  I am sure you will be more interested in some Tuskbeats or Trogwhales, mighty Sharn."

    She checks the datapad for a final time, "Looks like we are waiting on a Rodian, a Gotal and a human....."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 pm

    "Garg maskar woog bandash. Bedoggar luskvan menkraskar gruffrar. Laskratch messar grubarr bendo roosch!" Sharn responds heartily, meaning: {Thank you, that will be excellent. Please accept the services of myself and my droid for whatever you require. We are here for the ride, but we do like to make ourselves useful!}.

    Then Sharn will turn and see if anyone else is coming, like T'son. But if there are is no other folk to meet or work otherwise required, we will board the ship and seek out our quarters.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:35 pm

    Daxx will follow them at a safe distance for the moment on his swoop.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 pm

    whit10 wrote:Daxx will follow them at a safe distance for the moment on his swoop.

    They appear to be heading back to the dock area, Epsilon wing from the look of it.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

    navyik wrote:Perception roll of 7+9=16
    Sorry I missed that

    Rahku is admiring some particularly yellow ear wax he found, when he manages to look past his fingers to see several Republic gun batteries in the hills around Fort Garnik swiveling into firing position.  The sounds of FLAK fire and explosions light up the sky!

    " />

    Rahku's shuttle is hit and descending rapidly towards Fort Garnik, Epsilon side.  Rahku can hear the pilot calling for help, but all Rahku hears over the ship's intercom is the following message, "Today we retake our planet from the Republic Oppressors!  Death to the Republic!  Long live Ord Mantell!"


    Everyone else can hear the generalized sounds of combat, see the skies exploding and all aircraft either crashing down or rocketing out the atmosphere.  Chaos on the streets follows quickly.

    Daxx's Nikto make all due haste towards their ship, in the confusion Daxx is able to follow without being noticed to Epsilon 12.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 am

    Big shuttle or little shuttle?  Assume crash position.  knew it wasnt safe...
    "Who's manning the weapons?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 am

    navyik wrote:Big shuttle or little shuttle?  Assume crash position.  knew it wasnt safe...
    "Who's manning the weapons?"

    Rahku isn't sure who is manning the underbelly gun turrets.... probably a pvt. Johnson or Miller.

    See the picture and think the same size as the shuttles you saw in RotJ - crew 2-4 and can carry up to 20 passengers or so.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:01 pm

    Hoil utilizes cover to move into greeting range of Sharn. (calm, observant, focused). 

    If he can make it there through the Chaos, and there is an appropriate pause in the fighting, he well greet Sharn. "Hello. I believe we are to be met". 

    He is being careful to observe the crowd, looking for anything out of place in the scene. 

    Perception check 

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

    5 + 9 = 14
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:15 pm

    Anything of special note about this landing port/station?

    Streetwise:
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    19,+9
    Total:28

    Great!... two awesome rolls not in combat, this could be bad. lol
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:59 pm

    whit10 wrote:Anything of special note about this landing port/station?

    Streetwise:
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    19,+9
    Total:28

    Great!... two awesome rolls not in combat, this could be bad. lol

    Fort Garnik is kind of a hub fort, in that it is the biggest spaceport in the area. Daxx, because of his recent involvement, also knows it is the power base for the warlord Soren - mostly just due to it being the biggest spaceport, so the most off world traffic and access.

    Daxx knows the following about Ord Mantell in general: the Republic provided weapons and training to the local warlords to help them fight the Sith, the Sith bailed out leaving a heavily armed power vacuum. The Republic has since tried to assert some control, since it figured it had good-will with the locals. the locals have shown they don't like the Republic any more than they liked the Sith. This is one of the reasons that Master Duros was here, to try and win local support by helping people in the jedi-way, without being a Republic trooper. Duros was only moderately successful in that respect, mostly just earning the dislike of the local warlords, like Soren.

    This also ties in with T'son and his mission of hunting Sith and getting stuck on Ord Mantell during a conflict.

    Sgt Rahku was on Ord Mantell studying the local fauna and also got caught up in the recent fighting.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:56 pm

    Ballance check to make his way to the guns, 17+8=25.  "What the hell is going on in here!?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:29 pm

    navyik wrote:Ballance check to make his way to the guns, 17+8=25.  "What the hell is going on in here!?"

    Rahku makes his way to the turrets. The underbelly gun is gone and only a gaping hole and broken plexiglass remains.

    The door gunner looks lost and does not have a target, but he replies, "No idea! We are being fired on by our own guns. And look, sir, it is not just us." he gestures over the general area of Fort Garnik and Rahku can see that other Republic ships are going down and it looks like some civilian craft are taking fire as well.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 am

    Sgt. Rakhu ignores the 'sir'.  "If it shoots at us shoot back!" He barks politely.  Then heads for the cockpit.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:32 pm

    Sorry, for clarification - Ive gotten a bit confused here.

    - We  (myself, sharn, rakhu) are on a shuttle, leaving Ord Mantell, and the anti air batteries have opened fire on all of the ships in the air, correct?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 am

    MAS wrote:Sorry, for clarification - Ive gotten a bit confused here.

    - We  (myself, sharn, rakhu) are on a shuttle, leaving Ord Mantell, and the anti air batteries have opened fire on all of the ships in the air, correct?

    not quite - T'son and Sharn are standing in docking bay 13 with Thana Rist, Twi'lek assistant of Dr. Helian.    She was waiting for her Nikto guys to get back from gathering supplies.  T'son and Sharn have not really taken any actions since the fighting started.

    Rahku was on a shuttle on his way to Fort Garnik, to meet up with you all, when the fighting started, his shuttle got hit and is going down.

    Daxx is chasing the Nikto that were the buyers of the rifles that he and his friend were selling, that were 'liberated' from the local warlord Soren.  they appear to be heading back to epsilon 13 as well.


    this was your last action

    MAS wrote:Hoil utilizes cover to move into greeting range of Sharn. (calm, observant, focused).

    If he can make it there through the Chaos, and there is an appropriate pause in the fighting, he well greet Sharn. "Hello. I believe we are to be met".

    He is being careful to observe the crowd, looking for anything out of place in the scene.

    Perception check

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

    5 + 9 = 14

    no reply from Sharn yet and you didn't notice anything, sorry I should have said that to give a response


    Last edited by Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 am

    navyik wrote:Sgt. Rakhu ignores the 'sir'.  "If it shoots at us shoot back!" He barks politely.  Then heads for the cockpit.

    The door gunner starts shooting back at the FLAK guns.

    Rakhu stumbles his way to the cockpit. The door slides open with a 'hiss', the pilot calls out, "Repulsor stabilizers hit! Tell everyone brace themselves, we are going down."

    Rakhu can see out the cockpit that the pilot appears to be aiming for the Epsilon landing zones. Most people seem to be scattering and getting indoors for cover, which leaves some the landing pads open.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 pm

    Sharn turns to T'son and growls, "Gruffrar moggha brunahrg gabbih mastiche barggem." Does T'son speak Shyriiwook? If he doesn't reply immediately, Irwin shouts a translation: "If you intend to gain an autograph from the boss, he says he doesn't have a pen handy."

    Then Sharn will observe the battle, trying to understand what's occuring. If there's any danger of falling debris, he will seek cover, either inside Helian's ship or somewhere on the docking bay.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 pm

    at the moment, to Sharn and T'son's observations, there is no immediate danger.  the fighting seems limited to the skies, though it is hard to tell for sure where all the explosions and blasterfire is coming from.

    everyone in the dock area is either ducking for cover, like the twi'lek and her remaining Nikto companions or prepping their ships for a fast takeoff.

    Sharn and T'son do see what looks like a Republic shuttle coming down fast in their general direction.

    Sharn and T'son also see several more Pale Nikto running towards the ship with some crates on repulsor sleds.

    Daxx is following the above Nikto at a safe distance and observes them heading towards a ship with other Nikto, a Twi'lek, a wookie and a gotal.  Daxx can also see the 'Pub shuttle coming down hard.

    we don't really need initiative yet, since there are no declared enemies, but I will try to give everyone a chance to post actions before I move the scene along
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:26 pm

    Sharn continues observing the chaos. He is wary of the shuttle heading in his direction. Sharn will wait and see how things progress, holding actions until he cogitates more information.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn continues observing the chaos. He is wary of the shuttle heading in his direction. Sharn will wait and see how things progress, holding actions until he cogitates more information.

    wookie and cogitate..... nnnhhaaawwwrr pppprrrroooogrrraaarrrr (this does not compute)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Sharn continues observing the chaos. He is wary of the shuttle heading in his direction. Sharn will wait and see how things progress, holding actions until he cogitates more information.

    wookie and cogitate..... nnnhhaaawwwrr pppprrrroooogrrraaarrrr  (this does not compute)

    Being a wookie, Sharn certainly has rage issues. He's actually a very thoughtful scientist. alien
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:06 pm

    "Brace for impact!" Sgt. Rakhu shouts into the passenger compartment, as he straps into the nearest available harness.  From his experiences with nikto, they wouldnt have the mental accuity to pull this off.  this isn't the hutts' style at all... gotta be the Sith.scratch
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:16 pm

    T'son continues to observe, keeping close to cover so he can use it if needed. He will also begin slowly drifting towards where he believes that Republic shuttle is likely to land.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 pm

    navyik wrote:"Brace for impact!" Sgt. Rakhu shouts into the passenger compartment, as he straps into the nearest available harness. From his experiences with nikto, they wouldnt have the mental accuity to pull this off. this isn't the hutts' style at all... gotta be the Sith.scratch

    reflex save for the crash

    MAS wrote:T'son continues to observe, keeping close to cover so he can use it if needed. He will also begin slowly drifting towards where he believes that Republic shuttle is likely to land.

    T'son doesn't have to go far, looks like the pilot is aiming for Epsilon 10, an empty landing platform just to the East.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  navyik on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm

    Ref:  11+7=18

    How bad are the casualties in board?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:36 pm

    navyik wrote:Ref:  11+7=18

    How bad are the casualties in board?

    The shuttle comes down hard and fast.  The pilot clips a nearby warehouse and sends the shuttle spinning out of control.  It bounces and spins across the landing pad at Epsilon 10.

    Rakhu, the only one not buckled into his seat anymore, is thrown from the craft on the initial contact.  He manages to roll like a stuffed Taun-Taun and take minimal injuries:

    Result of the throw of dice "3d6" :

    3 + 4 + 2 = 9  to vitality, minus any DR from armor

    The shuttle continues like a skipping stone until it slams into a hangar bay and explodes in a fireball.

    " />

    T'son, Sharn and Daxx all witness the crash and can feel the heat from the explosion.  They all see a Rodian get ejected before the crash and land near Epsilon 12.  

    The Pale Nikto wait for the shuttle crash, then rush across the tarmac, with their heads down,  to Dr. Helian's shuttle.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  MAS on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:05 pm

    [The Pale's are the ones causing trouble, correct?]


    "SAVE DR HELIAN!" (COMMAND,URGENT, ACT!)

    T'son draws his blaster pistol in one hand, grabs a stun grenade in his other, and sprints towards the Doctor's shuttle...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Chris on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:21 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Sharnralkin and Irwin head over to Dr. Helian's ship in Epsilon.

    Sharn and T'son find Epsilon 12 easily.  They see a light freighter, with no obvious weaponry docked.  There are about a dozen pale skinned Nikto milling about, loading, unloading, doing minor repairs, etc.

    " />

    Sharn and T'son are approaching from opposite directions.  They can see each other, unless either is trying to hide.  There are enough other humans and aliens in the general docking bay area that no one attracts attention.  There appears to be a Republic customs agent with a datapad speaking with a female Twi'lek, that matches the description of Dr. Helian's assistant, near the ship.

    " />

    the nikto approaching the shuttle look like the ones you saw\see around Dr. Helian's ship.  They appear to be working for the Twi'lek assistant and haven't caused any trouble that you have seen.



    Nobody knows who is behind the FLAK gun fire attacks on the ships in the area
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Robyo on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 pm

    Chris wrote:The shuttle comes down hard and fast.  The pilot clips a nearby warehouse and sends the shuttle spinning out of control.  It bounces and spins across the landing pad at Epsilon 10.

    Rakhu, the only one not buckled into his seat anymore, is thrown from the craft on the initial contact.  He manages to roll like a stuffed Taun-Taun and take minimal injuries.

    The shuttle continues like a skipping stone until it slams into a hangar bay and explodes in a fireball.

    T'son, Sharn and Daxx all witness the crash and can feel the heat from the explosion.  They all see a Rodian get ejected before the crash and land near Epsilon 12.  

    The Pale Nikto wait for the shuttle crash, then rush across the tarmac, with their heads down,  to Dr. Helian's shuttle.

    "Graffgor!" {Action shot!} Sharn bellows. At once, he and the avian droid move apart, acting in sync. A bit of choreography they've practiced a million times before. One quick gesture by the wookie signals Irwin to fly up to a near-by ledge (or pole or antennae, whatever is available) and commences shooting the scene with his audio/video recorder. Then, in a hustle, Sharn will run, jump, leap towards the burning debris. He is searching for survivors.

    Perception check: 16+7= 23.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  whit10 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 pm

    Perception for Daxx... how much of this can I see (including the flak gun or gunner)?

    Roll(1d20)+3:
    19,+3
    Total:22

    Unless you're counting that as an standard action... I'd like to use heal self as well. Otherwise, ignore the skill check for Perception.

    Heal Self:

    Roll(1d20)+7:
    13,+7
    Total:20

    To Vitality:
    Roll(1d8)+4:
    8,+4
    Total:12
    ...sweet! Full strength again. Otherwise, Daxx is flying towards the same target as before

    Sponsored content

    Re: PROLOGUE

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am