Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  Chris Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:04 am

whit10 wrote:uh... how exactly could I have sundered the rifle given that shield was protecting him?  I know nothing of this shield thing that he had anyway... can't find it in the equipment guide.

which is why I use things not in the books, to keep a more realistic element of surprise.  it would have been a sweet piece of loot for somebody too Rolling Eyes hopefully they can still get his rifle

you could have just read the description I gave you

Chris wrote:
    The guy on top of the rocks uses a move action to activate a softball-sized sphere he was holding.  The sphere splits in 2 and separates about 6m apart, as it hovers about 1m off the ground.  The heroes can see a faint energy field form in between the sphere halves.  The Sharpshooter then drops prone (free action) behind his shield and takes a shot at Rakhu for killing his Techie companion.

it was only 1m high and just in the 3 hexes in front of him.  he was laying prone, just chop right over it.  it only protects him from the front, like a semi-circle, not a semi-sphere

Sharn had this guy 100% locked down, 10 str, he wasn't going anywhere... until the botch.  but at least his shield is gone for the 2 shooters that are left, so Daxx's action did help in the long run

but it's all just dice, this guy has gotten some crazy good dice lately, though he is the only one of 5 or the 5 droids that has even hit anyone, except for 1 grenade.  he has done all the damage
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 am

yeah... I had no way of knowing that I could hit him. Sorry man, that info did not come through.

Oh well, and BTW.. treat injury is about as fucking useless as Heal. If you're wounded, it doesn't really do anything for you.

Hope Alan and Matt are ready to carry half the party.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:28 am

I like how sniper got a 5' step when he's still prone.

Also enjoy continually making Climb checks while Sharn is already standing on top of the rock.
    Climb check:9+13=22
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

whit10 wrote:yeah... I had no way of knowing that I could hit him. Sorry man, that info did not come through.

The first description was given when you were ??30-50m away from him. As a player, you should always ask for more information too, if you are not sure.

"hey GM, what does that shield look like now that I am standing next to it?"
    "Hey, GM, now that I am next to him, can I hit him at all or does the shield block it?"

Robyo wrote:I like how sniper got a 5' step when he's still prone.

Also enjoy continually making Climb checks while Sharn is already standing on top of the rock.
    Climb check:9+13=22

People, Sharn included, have been moving (crawling) while prone the entire fight. Perhaps the wording of "step" is misleading, as it is really just a 5' movement or a shift. The sniper has done it twice now and I have tried to be descriptive in calling it a roll away from Daxx and a scooch away from Sharn, since they were wrestling and moving around. The sniper did try to break free.

Sharn has to keep making climb checks because he only made it 7.5 of the 8m up the rock, remember? I let you grapple him (without spending the Force point), but said that you wouldn't get the +5 circumstance bonus until you moved the last .5 m during your next grapple. I think I described it as Sharn reaching his torso over the top of the rock and mauling the sniper.

I know having players go down is frustrating, but it has just been a bad turn of the dice lately for the party. 2 crits by the sniper and fumbled grapple really hurt.

contrary to what the Emperor told Luke, "faith in your friends" is not a weakness

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 am

I am reminded of the phrase we had to shout, probably thousands of times, in bootcamp when we were getting "corrective training" from the Drill Sergeants =

" Attention to detail! Teamwork is the key! "

So who's turn is it?

Last edited by MAS on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 am

Ok, players, I have been re-reading the grappling rules, just to make sure I have been doing it correctly.  I have been looking at both PF and SW, since we are using a hybrid of both rules.

Contrary to most rules, I do like how SW breaks down the "Starting a Grapple" better than PF.  read here....

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Grappl10

I think the 'starting a grapple' section makes a LOT of sense, especially given my own grappling experience.

So Sharn would have initiated the grapple, as Rob wrote in post n*318

Robyo wrote:Sharn climbs up to the top.
    Climb (Athletics) check: 9+6=15  Whew! I hope that makes it.

Grab the sniper who shot my friend. Preferably by the leg and arm. Do I get +4 since he's prone?
    CMB check:  6+6+4= 16

I don't like retroactively changing the scene, but I also want to be completely fair as a GM.  If I do something wrong, I will change it!

-------------------------------------------------------EDIT TO COMBAT HISTORY-------------------------------------

the following shall now replace post n*319 (my response to the initial grapple of the sniper)

everything that has followed from this point forward, ONLY regarding Sharn and the sniper, is now gone and we are rewriting it as we go.  everyone else is not effected, so no changes for anyone else

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to SW rules, Sharn has "grabbed" the sniper

Both Sharn and the sniper must now make an opposed CMB roll to see if Sharn can hold him and move into his square.  (the moving into the hex is the part that will significantly change all of the previous events and warrants the GM mulligan)

Sniper CMB roll
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    7,+3
    Total:10
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Seriously?

The wookie went down. It's fine. That stuff happens. We don't need to do a rewind.

At least we now know how grappling rules work, right? For next time... using SW "start a grapple" rules, and whatever else DM wishes. Sharn may not survive but he has kin.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Just because I feel a need... Rob, he's giving you (and the party) a far better chance to defeat this encounter, why don't you want to take advantage, if I may ask?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:20 pm

yeah, I was serious for the reason that I goofed up the grapple rules.

I don't see it anywhere in PF, but having the grappler and the grapplee occupy the same hex, once "grappled" makes total sense to me. And it eliminates the possibility that someone can just "shift\step" away from a grappler, which would be very difficult, and just shoot them.

Moving Sharn into the sniper's hex (at least in mind) is a significant change to several key events that followed. I don't use grapple enough and I should have spent more time pre-reading the rules when Sharn grabbed the sniper. It was sloppy GM'ing on my part that lead to a chain reaction of events.

We can reroll all the events that followed or keep all the previous rolls, up to you. The 2 main differences will be that Sharn is on top of the rock and doesn't need any more climb checks or have a chance of falling and secondly that Sharn would get an AoO on the sniper, who can 'shift' to farther than an adjacent hex.

option 1 - total rewind back to the grab

option 2 - fastforward, using all existing rolls, to the point just after the sniper 'shifted' away from the botched grapple of Sharn and is going to shoot him. Sharn would get an AoO to re-grapple him.

*sharn would also need to roll melee damage once, for the first successful grapple, since I missed that rule as well. The sniper will at least having taken some damage.

again, it is the cumulative errors on my part that lead me to a rewind (either full or partial)

up to Rob - make either the first "hold" roll (opt 1) or roll damage for the first hold and an AoO (opt 2)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:24 am

BTW, I had already spent a Force Point to gain the standard action where grappling began. So that's two Force points expended in this encounter, and there shouldn't be any question Sharn is standing on the rock or not (he is).

Reroll to "grab" I guess:
    CMB check:6+12+4(prone target)= 22
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am

Robyo wrote:BTW, I had already spent a Force Point to gain the standard action where grappling began. So that's two Force points expended in this encounter, and there shouldn't be any question Sharn is standing on the rock or not (he is).

Reroll to "grab" I guess:
    CMB check:6+12+4(prone target)= 22

scratch   "What we have here is a failure to communicate"

I guess I never got a reply from you as to whether you DID actually spend the Force point or whether you went with my description of climbing 7.5\8m and NOT using the Force point.  You never commented again on it one way or the other and we went a whole additional round (or 2) with me describing Sharn standing with his torso over the rock ledge, continually making climb checks.... all for naught if you did actually spend the Force point.  

I think we were just on different pages and the details (as Matt would say) got lost in 3 pages of gibber-jabber.

I will try to not move forward with any story elements until I have a clear response from players.  This will slow action down, but obviously, not as much as 2 days worth of Redux and Redacting.

I would ask the players to please try and carefully read what I write as well and answer any questions or requests for rolls that I make, so again, we don't slow down more than is needed.

As for Sharn.... if he has been "on the rock" and you DID spend a Force point, then we are simply at the AoO before the sniper shoots.  That is the "grab" roll you just made.

I did ask for a damage roll, from the first grapple - please roll a melee damage roll for the first grapple action.

Sharn used his AoO and has re-grabbed the sniper (after the botched roll)

We now need another "hold" opposed roll, and possibly a second melee damage roll, if Sharn succeeds at the second "hold" attempt (which he should).

The sniper has been "grabbed" and cannot take his shot at the wookie, no crit, Sharn is still up.  Moving forward!

So just to be clear, I am waiting on the following from Rob

1 - 1st melee damage roll, from initial grapple (retroactive correction)
    2- "hold" roll to oppose the sniper from 2nd grapple as a result of AoO grab and establish who is in control
    3- 2nd damage roll, just roll it, like everyone does with rolling "to hit" and "damage" all at once, even when they don't know if the attack hit yet

(then we will be current in the timeline and can move forward with Rakhu)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm

scratch study 
    I didn't think I could do damage to the guy. First check was just a grab. "Starting to grapple." According to PF rules, one makes the initial grapple check (CMB), and after subsequent checks (rounds), is when you can apply damage or do a pin or whatever maneuver.

The second check is AoO, so wouldn't that just be a straight-up unarmed strike? Or, can a grapple be used as an AoO?
    Just to be clear, whenever Sharn makes a grapple check, I can add in his unarmed strike damage? That's pretty cool.

While we're at it, can I also add in his wookie claws? There is no honor in it, but does it incur Dark Side points? I think growing up as a gladiator slave, he might have used them. santa 

Here are the rolls as requested:
    1)1st damage (unarmed strike): 2+3+2= 7
    2)2nd Grapple (CMB): 6+9+4= 19
    3)2nd damage: 1+3+2= 6
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Robyo wrote:scratch study 
    I didn't think I could do damage to the guy. First check was just a grab. "Starting to grapple." According to PF rules, one makes the initial grapple check (CMB), and after subsequent checks (rounds), is when you can apply damage or do a pin or whatever maneuver.

The second check is AoO, so wouldn't that just be a straight-up unarmed strike? Or, can a grapple be used as an AoO?
    Just to be clear, whenever Sharn makes a grapple check, I can add in his unarmed strike damage? That's pretty cool.

While we're at it, can I also add in his wookie claws? There is no honor in it, but does it incur Dark Side points? I think growing up as a gladiator slave, he might have used them. santa 

Here are the rolls as requested:
    1)1st damage (unarmed strike): 2+3+2= 7
    2)2nd Grapple (CMB): 6+9+4= 19
    3)2nd damage: 1+3+2= 6

I know it is still a bit confusing - I am sorry!

Yes, the dishonorable lout can use his claws.  (honetly, I don't know why this is dishonorable, but whatever, no dark side points for sure)

Remember, we are using the SW grapple rules in conjunction with the PF CMB rules.  Here are the SW rules again, which are different.

Grapple sequence goes like this:

1 - grab
    2 - opposed "hold" roll.   melee damage applied!
    3 - move into same hex
    4 - full "grapple" status now in effect

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Grappl10

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23  - partial cover
    Daxx 21   *1 rds BM, 2 rds of EA  WOUNDED + INC + Bleeding

Rakhu 19   * permanent BAMF * PRONE
    Sharpshooter on rock 16      GRAPPLEE
    Sharn 12   *buff gone*       GRAPPLER

TOP OF THE ROUND!

T'son is up[/quote]
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks.

What is claw damage?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 am

Robyo wrote:Thanks.

What is claw damage?

just call it +2 damage with unarmed attacks, same as the climb bonus.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 am

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Thanks.

What is claw damage?

just call it +2 damage with unarmed attacks, same as the climb bonus.

Alright. Then add +2 to both my damage rolls, por favor.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 am

Robyo wrote:
    Alright. Then add +2 to both my damage rolls, por favor.

done and recorded cheers the sniper is squirming uncomfortably in Sharn's furry mitts

current map, just since it's been a while

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Fighti10

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23  - partial cover
    Daxx 21   *1 rds BM, 2 rds of EA  WOUNDED + INC + stable

Rakhu 19   * permanent BAMF *

Sharpshooter on rock 16      GRAPPLEE
    Sharn 12   *buff gone*       GRAPPLER

TOP OF THE ROUND!

T'son is up[/quote]
    [/quote]
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:42 pm

He is confident that the wookie and the jedi will be able to handle the sniper, so T'son continues to crouch in cover, carefully scaning the environment for threats or anything that may be of advantage to the party...

Perception
     Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

9 + 10 = 19
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm

MAS wrote:He is confident that the wookie and the jedi will be able to handle the sniper, so T'son continues to crouch in cover, carefully scaning the environment for threats or anything that may be of advantage to the party...

Perception
     Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

9 + 10 = 19

you do recall the Jedi is at like -4 and unconscious?  but the wookie does seem to have the sniper..... wait for it.... all tied up, at the moment lol! 

perception check results - T'son sees on the the branch of the fallen tree behind which he has taken cover.....

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Tree_y10

feel like you are being watched, T'son does
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Since they are on top of the rocks (probaly hard to see), and Tson cant see any blinking led lights measuring the Jedi's life force, he doesnt have any idea how bad off the Jedi is. He also isnt going to fire into the melee. 

Does this apear to be a living, organic creature - or perhaps some sort of surveilance device?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:23 pm

you very well might have seen Daxx get shot and then fall down and go boom
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

MAS wrote:Since they are on top of the rocks (probaly hard to see), and Tson cant see any blinking led lights measuring the Jedi's life force, he doesnt have any idea how bad off the Jedi is. He also isnt going to fire into the melee. 

Does this apear to be a living, organic creature - or perhaps some sort of surveilance device?

True enough observation, but T'son (being the astute Gotal that he is) probably did see the Jedi float up to the rock shelf, take out the shield generator, the sniper blast him at point blank range and the Jedi drop like a sack of footballs.

Yes, it appears to be some sort of small arboreal creature, about the size of a squirrel.  (I wouldn't use the animal drone trick twice)

I just wrote that because I thought the little varmit looked like Yoda.

*edit, posting same time as Josh*

Rakhu is up

Last edited by Chris on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:25 pm

naw...Tson was too busy winning the fight and not getting caught with his pants down.....

Cool
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Forward 5 hexes looking for threats. Peek into balst door if it is open. Scanning immediate area of door. Ready attack action.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:17 pm

pants down eh... well, at least I can actually drop some opponents or do something useful... goat boy
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:38 pm

navyik wrote:Forward 5 hexes looking for threats.  Peek into balst door if it is open.  Scanning immediate area of door.  Ready attack action.

Ok.  Blast door is closed

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Fighti11

Ok - more fun with rules I don't fully know.....

Sharn initiated the Grapple, but both of them have the "GRAPPLED" condition

Grapple

As a standard action, you can attempt to grapple a foe, hindering his combat options. If you do not have Improved Grapple, grab, or a similar ability, attempting to grapple a foe provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver. Humanoid creatures without two free hands attempting to grapple a foe take a –4 penalty on the combat maneuver roll. If successful, both you and the target gain the grappled condition (see the Appendices). If you successfully grapple a creature that is not adjacent to you, move that creature to an adjacent open space (if no space is available, your grapple fails). Although both creatures have the grappled condition, you can, as the creature that initiated the grapple, release the grapple as a free action, removing the condition from both you and the target. If you do not release the grapple, you must continue to make a check each round, as a standard action, to maintain the hold. If your target does not break the grapple, you get a +5 circumstance bonus on grapple checks made against the same target in subsequent rounds. Once you are grappling an opponent, a successful check allows you to continue grappling the foe, and also allows you to perform one of the following actions (as part of the standard action spent to maintain the grapple).

Here is the "GRAPPLED" Condition - which both Sharn and the sniper have from Core PF book pg 567

Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.

here is the PF CMB section regarding "IF YOU ARE GRAPPLED"  (starting pg 199)

If You Are Grappled: If you are grappled, you can attempt to break the grapple as a standard action by making a combat maneuver check (DC equal to your opponent's CMD; this does not provoke an attack of opportunity) or Escape Artist check (with a DC equal to your opponent's CMD). If you succeed, you break the grapple and can act normally. Alternatively, if you succeed, you can become the grappler, grappling the other creature (meaning that the other creature cannot freely release the grapple without making a combat maneuver check, while you can). Instead of attempting to break or reverse the grapple, you can take any action that doesn't require two hands to perform, such as cast a spell or make an attack or full attack with a light or one-handed weapon against any creature within your reach, including the creature that is grappling you. See the grappled condition for additional details. If you are pinned, your actions are very limited. See the pinned condition in Conditions for additional details.

Sharn cannot make any AoO against any action the sniper takes, since both are "grappled" (see bold and underlined).  The sniper still has options and will make an attack vs Sharn (see bold).

The sniper lets go of his rifle (free) and draws his blaster pistol (light wpn) with 1 hand (move) and will put the barrel up to the wookie's side and fire at point blank (attack).

The -4 to dex penalties effectively offset each other, since both are 'grappled' and really only apply to other people acting upon them.  However the sniper will have the -2 to his attack roll.

sniper pistol attack at point blank
    Roll(1d20)+7 -2:
    17,+7 -2
    Total:22

hit!

damage 3d6 +1 for point blank

Roll(3d6)+1:
    2,2,4,+1
    Total:9

to vitality

If anyone sees a problem with this - speak now!

If not, it is Sharn's turn.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:01 pm

uh, how exactly does he draw a blaster (which I would think would incur an AoO at least) and get to act while grappled? According to what you posted, I kinda doubt he can take any action but try to escape... though I could certainly be wrong
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:22 pm

whit10 wrote:uh, how exactly does he draw a blaster (which I would think would incur an AoO at least) and get to act while grappled?   According to what you posted, I kinda doubt he can take any action but try to escape... though I could certainly be wrong

He can attack with one hand free. Sharn grabbed him by the arm and leg, so yes, he has one hand free to shoot the wookie. Though he should have -4 to Dex, on top of the -2.

Sharn has -4 Dex too, so -2 to Defense...

Current Vit: 4

Okay, so, trying to keep the guy grappled.
    CMB check:
    6+6+5= 17
    damage: 3+3+2+2= 10

Now if the guy is still grappled, then Sharn wastes no more time and hurls the fella to the ground below. Sharn is mindful not to hit Rakhu, preferring to toss the sniper in the hex adjacent to the Rodian.

I'm not sure, is that an Athletics check?
    7+12= 19

"Rarrgrra!" shouts the wookie {meaning, "no problem!" A response to Rakhu's earlier question of assistance}.

Move action: Check Daxx for signs of life. Pick up his lightsaber.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

wow... not even waiting till I'm dead to body rob me eh? Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 pm

whit10 wrote:uh, how exactly does he draw a blaster (which I would think would incur an AoO at least) and get to act while grappled?   According to what you posted, I kinda doubt he can take any action but try to escape... though I could certainly be wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

make sure your sound is turned all the way up, for proper effect

read the parts in BOLD

If You Are Grappled: If you are grappled, you can attempt to break the grapple as a standard action by making a combat maneuver check (DC equal to your opponent's CMD; this does not provoke an attack of opportunity) or Escape Artist check (with a DC equal to your opponent's CMD). If you succeed, you break the grapple and can act normally. Alternatively, if you succeed, you can become the grappler, grappling the other creature (meaning that the other creature cannot freely release the grapple without making a combat maneuver check, while you can). Instead of attempting to break or reverse the grapple, you can take any action that doesn't require two hands to perform, such as cast a spell or make an attack or full attack with a light or one-handed weapon against any creature within your reach, including the creature that is grappling you. See the grappled condition for additional details. If you are pinned, your actions are very limited. See the pinned condition in Conditions for additional details.

[i]Grappled: A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler's CMB + spell level), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

BOTH Sharn and the sniper are grappled

Last edited by Chris on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Sharn has -4 Dex too, so -2 to Defense...

Current Vit: 4

Okay, so, trying to keep the guy grappled.
    CMB check:
    6+6+5= 17
    damage: 3+3+2+2= 10

Now if the guy is still grappled, then Sharn wastes no more time and hurls the fella to the ground below. Sharn is mindful not to hit Rakhu, preferring to toss the sniper in the hex adjacent to the Rodian.

"Rarrgrra!" shouts the wookie {meaning, "no problem!" A response to Rakhu's earlier question of assistance}.

Move action: Check Daxx for signs of life. Pick up his lightsaber.

right, -4 to dex for the sniper AND Sharn, which, as I said offset each other.  -2 to hit, -2 to your DC = 0

so now that Sharn has him 'held', you are correct to make a CMB check (attack action) to maintain the hold (which per SW rules automatically does damage!)  correct so far

Throwing the guy off the cliff falls under the PF rules

Move: You can move both yourself and your target up to half your speed. At the end of your movement, you can place your target in any square adjacent to you. If you attempt to place your foe in a hazardous location, such as in a wall of fire or over a pit, the target receives a free attempt to break your grapple with a +4 bonus.

So the sniper gets a free attempt to break your grapple with a +4 bonus however he is still -4 Dex (-2 to rolls) for being grappled, as is Sharn.

Sniper rolls his CMB d20 +3 BAB + 3 dex -2 dex + 4 other bonuses = +8
    vs
    Sharn CMD 10 + +3 BAB + 0 dex -2 dex +3 str +0 other = 14

roll
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    5,+8
    Total:13

the sniper fails to break free and is hurled off the top of the rocks, he falls 8m down which would be 2d6 falling (wound) damage if he fails his reflex save

affraid which he fails!

wound damage
    Roll(2d6)+0:
    1,5,+0
    Total:6

The sniper hits next to Rakhu with a THUD.   He does bust a move on his Fort save
    Roll(1d20)+3:
    20,+3
    Total:23

so he is only WOUNDED now but remains conscious, he is no longer grappled

Sharn cannot body rob Daxx - he used his move to move the sniper and his attack to maintain the grapple

T'son, then Rakhu both get their readied shots if they want them......  go ahead and both act if you want (poor guy)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Tson blast the unfortunate sniper -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

16 + 4 = 20

DMG if hits =
    Result of the throw of dice "3d8" :

6 + 5 + 4 = 15
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:42 pm

MAS wrote:Tson blast the unfortunate sniper -

16 + 4 = 20

DMG if hits =

6 + 5 + 4 = 15

he is hit and is further wounded, but again makes his Fort save

Rakhu held action

then

T'son and Rakhu again..... I think i see where this is going scratch 
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:52 pm

"PEW-PEW-PEW"

14 + 4 = 18

DMG if hits =

5 + 1 + 3 = 9
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 am

Congratulations!

All the enemies have been defeated. Now, about the fallen Jedi and those pesky FLAK guns....
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:15 am

So are we out of initiative?
    Sharn will check on Daxx. How long ago did I use Heal Another on the pilots? Has it been over an hour?
    All his Force healing has been used. So, Treat Injury: 3+13= 16
    And yeah, pick up lightsaber. Can I activate it?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 am

Robyo wrote:So are we out of initiative?
    Sharn will check on Daxx. How long ago did I use Heal Another on the pilots? Has it been over an hour?
    All his Force healing has been used. So, Treat Injury: 3+13= 16
    And yeah, pick up lightsaber. Can I activate it?

Yes, initiative is over.

I don't understand your Heal Another question? You can only use it once per hour on the same person - you could heal 10 different people in the same hour, for vitality. It is once per day for wound damage.

You are never all used up on Force Healing, just for 1 specific person.

The encounter with the pilots was the yesterday.

Treat Injury - what specifically are you trying to do for Daxx?
    - use a Med Kit to restore vitality?
    - use a Med Pack to restore wounds?
    - something else?

check the skill description and remove the appropriate item from inventory. (16 fails the Med pack attempt)

remember, you can take 10 for either Heal Another or Treat Injury, if that helps

Sure, Sharn has probably seen a lightsaber before..... it ignites with the push of a button and a glowing beam of energy snaps out of 1 end.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

"Is the Jedi alive? Is there anything we can do to help up there?" calls Tson...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Rakhu is taken aback by the sudden violent end of the sniper... " mightve been nice to take a prisoner..." he mutters, making a mental note not to mess with the wookie... or the gotal...

"T'son, watch the perimeter... and that blast door." Then to sharn, "You need a medpack up there?"

When daxx is aided, rakhu will confiscate weapons and other items of interest, along with retrieving his own dropped items.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
    Inigo Montoya: What's that?
    Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:34 pm

whit10 wrote:Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
    Inigo Montoya: What's that?
    Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
    lol! I think the wookie already did that last part.

Rakhu - you need to make a Treat Injury roll on Daxx, DC 20 and use up a med pack to restore wound points. Sharn already tried but didn't succeed.

I will come up with a more detailed list of loot - mostly just junk - 6 blaster pistols, vibro knives, a couple grenades, armor jackets (dr3 light armor) shot full of holes.... let's call it 3000 credits between the 6 of them (they were well paid), bunch of busted droid parts, utility belts, etc etc

The Sniper Rifle has stats I will get at home - but it has a nice scope that ignores the first 2 range categories. it doesn't fire farther, but just ignores the first two -2s for range. It also has an expanded crit range of 18-20 if you take a Full Round Action to aim and shoot. It does 3d6+1. it is considered MW quality

too bad about the Sniper Shield.....

remember - you have to disable the guns somehow and then call Twi'lek chick to come pick you up and call other Republic troops who were trying to find ships to get off world and signal the Republic.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:42 pm

That part would be quite easy if someone, I don't know who, could revive the Jedi (does the med pack actually revive?)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:47 pm

whit10 wrote:That part would be quite easy if someone, I don't know who, could revive the Jedi (does the med pack actually revive?)
    you don't revive until you are at 0 or above Wound Points. there is no reviving at -4 (or whatever #)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:00 pm

so the med pack is kinda useless at this point?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm

whit10 wrote:so the med pack is kinda useless at this point?
    not really, if Daxx is at -4, then a medpack could heal a couple points and Heal Another from the furry brutha could heal a couple - Daxx would be fine. There is a chance that Sharn doesn't roll high enough on Heal Another to actually heal enough damage, so Daxx might need both. Or at least have more wound points if they can get him over 1. Remember, even at 0, Daxx would be VERY limited in what he can do. At least at 1-2, until he can get to a Bacta Tank, he can function and attack and use skills and such.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 pm

whoopee
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Is the flak gun sticking outa the rocks or do we gotta go into the blast door?

Rakhu climbs up to help with daxx. 17+7=24 climb

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

whit10 wrote:whoopee
    wound points are not like hit points.  getting wounded is a big deal, whereas vitality\hit points are not - they heal up fast and easy.  Wounded is like.... you know.... actually being wounded, it takes a while to heal.  or at least until you get to a Bacta tank for a couple hours, then you are good as new sunny 

navyik wrote:Is the flak gun sticking outa the rocks or do we gotta go into the blast door?

Rakhu climbs up to help with daxx.  17+7=24 climb

you can see the gun, yes, but not any controls for it.  controls are probably housed inside the bunker, but the barrels of the gun itself are visible
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 pm

or until you're conscious and can use your own healing abilities to wipe it out in a couple hours
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Can we reach the barrel?bom 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm