Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 pm

    MAS wrote:I take it she is speaking Galactic Common?

    -Party memebers: I am goignt o assume our only goal here is to not cause/start trouble. We are close enough that we dont need a ride, right? We are walking back to our speeder, correct?
    Galactic Common - yes

    Your speeder is gone - recap of posts below

    Chris wrote:


    The party double times it back down the hill to where they parked the speeder-truck.  However, it appears that Garindan scout decided the quickest way to get his pastry-chef career back on track was to steal your ride.  The speeder truck is gone.
    Chris wrote:

    The troops went to look for a ship in the morning and you set out for the flak guns.  it took maybe an hour or so by speeder to get into the foothills, the fight... so it is maybe mid morning.  it would probably take several hours to get back to FG by foot, but you would reach it before sundown for sure - which might make sneaking around a bit easier.

    Chris wrote:
    The 4 companions set out on foot back to Fort Garnik, it is nearly mid-day and getting hot.  Irwin flies above to provide scouting.  You estimate you are maybe 25% of the way back and have walked for a couple hours when Irwin squaks and flies down to Sharn.  

    "<squak> Crickey, boss!  There is a junker speeder (think Luke's from Tattooine) coming up fast behind you.  It is smoking badly.  I can see 1 female in the vehicle and she doesn't look happy. <squak>"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  MAS on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:34 pm

    Sorry 'bout that. More specifically -

    "...'Lo there. No non-sense here M'am. Me an' three friends are in mighty need of a ride into town. We got credits and some goods to trade so we can make it worth your while. You mind helpin out?" 


    Diplomacy roll stands -
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  navyik on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:10 pm

    "C'mon out, guys, she seems ok", rakhu says, standing up with empty hands.
    He thinks he might look shifty, which makes him feel shifty... the booger in his nose is dry and pointy, stabbing him in the septum... (do rodians have a septum?)  damn, i should've picked it while i was hiding...
    Embarassed


    Last edited by navyik on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : end quotes)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:23 pm

    You've been around kids too long Alan. lol (what's with constant booger jokes)

    Daxx will step out with a brief smile (any chance he knows this person given all the time he's spent on this world?)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 pm

    MAS wrote:Sorry 'bout that. More specifically -
    "...'Lo there. No non-sense here M'am. Me an' three friends are in mighty need of a ride into town. We got credits and some goods to trade so we can make it worth your while. You mind helpin out?"
    Diplomacy roll stands -


    "ARE YOU DRUNK?!? cuz I knows I been drinking, but I only sees 2 of ya, well 2 of each of ya.... I guess that makes.... wait... (counting on her fingers)......."

    navyik wrote:"C'mon out, guys, she seems ok", rakhu says, standing up with empty hands.
    whit10 wrote:
    Daxx will step out with a brief smile (any chance he knows this person given all the time he's spent on this world?)


    Daxx doesn't know her.

    The woman looks up again and is clearly startled, "now whut the fuks.... I guess there are 4 of ya.... no, wait.... 3?"  She shakes her head in confusion and takes a long drink from a bottle that was on the seat next to her.

    "A ride to da fort, huh?"  The woman bleerily looks over the group, sizing you up in her mind.  "Yeah, i can do tat, but you gots to help me too.  I don't wants money or any other crap ya got.  Alls I want is my little boy back.  His piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, that cocksucker, (she spits onto the floor of her truck) ran off with him dis morning.  He junk'd my mule here, soz I coulnd't follaw."  She takes another drink, "I always wuz the better mechnic.  He said sumthin 'bout takin him off world, prolly with his thug buddies."

    She spits in her hand and offers it out, it wavers in the air absently, "I give ya'all a ride, you help me get my boy back, deal?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:58 pm

    "We'd be happy to help you miss... what's the boy's name?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:43 pm

    Sharn appears from behind a tree, spits in his own hand, and shakes the woman's hand.

    "Gruffgrowl ruguua wargrawwl. Oojwarggar Sharnralkin rawwg ruffar walla wangarrr. Gittach ruffrawwr gladdargh rawwwrr." {A pleasure to meet you, madam. I am Sharnralkin of Oojwarg clan. We will help you, if we can.}
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn appears from behind a tree, spits in his own hand, and shakes the woman's hand.

    "Gruffgrowl ruguua wargrawwl. Oojwarggar Sharnralkin rawwg ruffar walla wangarrr. Gittach ruffrawwr gladdargh rawwwrr." {A pleasure to meet you, madam. I am Sharnralkin of Oojwarg clan. We will help you, if we can.}
    LMAO
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  MAS on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm

    "Agreed. While we drive, you can tell us about the thug father and what you may know of his ....ascoaites. It may make it easier to find him"



    GM - Tson will take careful note to strudy this woman's energy. When we get closer to Ft Garnik (sp?), he will try to track the boy via the mother's energy signature, as per a longshot based on the Gotal racial ability related to "track" feats.

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn appears from behind a tree, spits in his own hand, and shakes the woman's hand.

    "Gruffgrowl ruguua wargrawwl. Oojwarggar Sharnralkin rawwg ruffar walla wangarrr. Gittach ruffrawwr gladdargh rawwwrr." {A pleasure to meet you, madam. I am Sharnralkin of Oojwarg clan. We will help you, if we can.}


    The woman looks taken aback by the wookie approaching her.  She shakes his hand with enthusiam and laughs, "Hah hah, a wookie.... Bre'un is going to shit himself."  The woman takes another drink and bellows, "A'right then, get in.  But mind the leather, hehe"  

    She spits on the floor boards again and rubs it in with her foot.  She revs the engine while everyone climbs into the mule.  Once everyone is on board, though maybe not completely seated, she guns the gas.  The mule backfires and lurches forward at high speed.  It is smoking badly and everyone can hear metal knocking on metal and there is a faint smell of burning.... something.

    The woman continues drinking and talking very loudly as she drives.   "My boy's name is Delez.  Bre'un... piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, that cocksucker, is about as useless as tits on a Gundark.  He is a big bastard, you'll know him by the scar down his face.  He is such a thug, thinks that scar makes him tough.  And those worthless meathead buddies of his, think they are all gangsta.  (she spits)  They push 'round merchants and act like muscle for da real gangs of Ord Man'ell.  Ha!  Ever since dat Sor'n fella came along and took tings over, they tink they are badder and badder, but they are dumber and dumber, if ya ask me.... they don't know their azzes from the business end of a blaster.  Thinking they run the Fort now, humph, dey didn't even know about the attacks.  OH YEAH, they are in tight with da bosses, yeah right ya ar, honey, shows wut you really know, now doesn't it?"

    The mule swerves sharply to the right, nearly pitching over, "Hey, wut drunk fuks put that moisturizer out in the middla of the road, stupid-ass-dip-shit-clod-busters!  Anyways......  my boy, Delez.  I luv him, he is.... well.... he ain't like me or Bre'un.  He is smart, he gots a future, ya see?  He could be sumbody, ya know?"  

    She starts crying really hard, for no apparent reason.  "He's special.... he just knows people, he knows what they are feelin.  I... I.... I setup a chance for him to meet a teacher.  He was supposed to go to the temple and get tested, since he is already so old.  old?  I mean, he's only 12.  He has time, not like Bre'un.... piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, that cocksucker, he already wasted his life and most uv mine too.  I ain't yung or such a looker anymore.  But I was!  Oh yeah, the boys used to chase me around the space port, they did!  Why I ever fell for that piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a man, wut a meathead he is.  Now Bre'un says Ord Man'ell isn't safe... well it's his idiut friends that are causin all the truble... but now that he's out with the bosse and not one of Soren's little pets, he thinks we're not safe 'nuff.  But screw me!  He took Delez and his worthless- meathead-thug-wanna-be gangstas to try to steal a ship.  They need to steal a krew too, since non of morons culd fly anything themselves...."

    The mule nearly tips over on a sharp corner, "Whoa!  damn, they must'a came through here and changed the road! yeah, that's real fuking bright, change the road on a sharp corner.  wut a bunch of no-brain civil 'ngineers we gots here on Ord Man'ell.  Anyways, we gots to find Bre'un, piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, that cocksucker has pissed me off for the last time.  LIke my paw always said, "you need 2 things in equal parts for a killin - whisky and a scattergun."  Well I gots both today and plenty uv 'em.  SHIT!  where are my manners, boys, you fellas want a drink?"

    The woman keeps talking and drinking the whole way to Fort Garnik, unless anyone wants to try and interrupt her stream-of-barley-conscious monologues.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm

    MAS wrote:"Agreed. While we drive, you can tell us about the thug father and what you may know of his ....ascoaites. It may make it easier to find him"

    GM - Tson will take careful note to strudy this woman's energy. When we get closer to Ft Garnik (sp?), he will try to track the boy via the mother's energy signature, as per a longshot based on the Gotal racial ability related to "track" feats.
    I was typing the long monologue, sorry it got posted after you asked.

    Hmmm... interesting idea. Go ahead and make your tracking roll - survival, i think
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2787
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 pm

    Sitting in the back seat with Irwin resting on his lap. Sharn leans in, "Rarrroo gaberrmagh grugar rishka allargh ghar. Gharingan magar varendach. Lellin rarklin mooshtarrr rarr vlagg'n." {Madam, if I may be so bold, but I think what you need in life is a friend in The Force. It is always dependable and forever-comforting. The Force will never let you down."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  MAS on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:26 pm

    (Vibration (known) seeking, seeking, elsewhere, closer, farther, Vibration (examine), seeking, seeking, elsewhere...)


    Using a force point - light side = +2d6

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2d6 +3" :

    15 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 26
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sitting in the back seat with Irwin resting on his lap. Sharn leans in, "Rarrroo gaberrmagh grugar rishka allargh ghar. Gharingan magar varendach. Lellin rarklin mooshtarrr rarr vlagg'n." {Madam, if I may be so bold, but I think what you need in life is a friend in The Force. It is always dependable and forever-comforting. The Force will never let you down."
    The drunk woman swerves a bit when Sharn growls in her ear, "wut! damn, wookie, don't be grarling at me while I'm drivin.  I can't understand a darn thing you barking about anyways.  Do I look like I am covered in fur or some 3P droid?  I speak basic, drink, drank, drunk, ya know?  It's like Bre'un.... piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, that cocksucker is always trying to talk in Huttish.  An I say to him, do I luk like a fat wurm to you, you piss drunk fuk?  Can you believe wut he said to me... I had to beat the fuk out him for that.  Callin me a fat Hutt-slug!  Like paw said, "not enough whiskey and you won't have the guts to pull the trigger.... <BURP> too much whiskey and you won't hit anything."  that's why I gots my scattergun and a big clip.  Like paw always said, "just aim for the one in the middle"

    MAS wrote:(Vibration (known) seeking, seeking, elsewhere, closer, farther, Vibration (examine), seeking, seeking, elsewhere...)
    Using a force point - light side = +2d6
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +2d6 +3" :
    15 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 26
    At the drunk woman's speed, you are approaching the outskirts of Fort Garnik within about 20 minutes.  As you pass into the city, T'son concentrates on the vibration of the mother and child. T'son has never used his talents in this manner before and he is struggling to sense past the mother.  It is almost like the signal in front of him is too strong and so is blocking out anything further away.  T'son thinks of a comlink transmitter and gently touches the woman's shoulder.  This allows him to use her vibration as a antenna and tuner all at once.  T'son stretches his feeling and senses out through the Force.....  he finds a very similar vibration that seems to come from..... the area of docking bay Epsilon 12.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2381
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  MAS on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm

    "Connections...connections...." mutters Tson under his breath, who then completes the thought in private "this may be very good, or very bad." 



    "Mam - your boy and those thugs are close to our ship. We'll take you there directly. But I ask that you let us handle the situation -please wait to fill your former mate with buckshot untill after we leave"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 pm

    Is it too loud to try and contact Tank?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 pm

    whit10 wrote:Is it too loud to try and contact Tank?


    "Geesh, you don't give a guy much time. I got a few parts here, but it's all just junk. I am near your docking bay if you want to meet up."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:30 pm

    MAS wrote:"Connections...connections...." mutters Tson under his breath, who then completes the thought in private "this may be very good, or very bad." 

    "Mam - your boy and those thugs are close to our ship. We'll take you there directly. But I ask that you let us handle the situation -please wait to fill your former mate with buckshot untill after we leave"
    She replies, "Well..... aw'right, we can try it your way off-wurlder. But if Bre'un.... piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father, if that cocksucker (she spits onto her floor again) tries to make a break for it, I am comin in with the scatter gun blazing."





    Is the plan to meet Tank by Epsilon 12 somewhere and then head into the docking bay, following Rakhu's outline?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3700
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  whit10 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 am

    I believe so.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  navyik on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:37 am

    "We have a plan to get on board, and if we disguise you just a little bit, we can send him right to you. He will be wanting certain parts for our "broken" ship, and you can pose as the parts dealer from a distance. When he and his men, and your son, step off of the ship he will have nowhere to go but home. Just make sure we've got the ships doors shut before you reveal yourself."Basketball 
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:27 am

    ok, now that I know for sure what's happening, I need to do some photo work with the models. I am home today sunny so I will try to get the scene set
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4913
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:37 am

    new thread: The Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men


    Sponsored content

    Re: What is it.... some kind of local trouble?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm