Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue35/35Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue0/0Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

Post  Chris Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 am

The drunk mother continues her blabbering tirade as she swerves through Fort Garnik, following T'son's guidance to Epsilon 12.  Daxx spots his old buddy Tank on the far corner across the street from Epsilon 12.  Tank looks like he has some junk parts and gives Daxx a subtle head nod when he sees them.  The drunk mother does a pretty rough curb check, which is hard to do in a speeder!, as she pulls up, nearly crashing into 1 of the piles of parts.

T'son feels the son's presence strongly inside the hangar now.

Here is the general overview of the street scene.  I will add other photos to show you all the individual groups present on the street. The closed green blast doors are your docking bay, Ep 12, middle of East side.

Assume that NESW correspond to Up, right, down and left.  There is random junk on the streets, unless otherwise noted it is just decoration.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Street10

The party is in the lower left hand corner, across the street from the docking bay doors.  Here is a closeup of the party Tank (Han) is nearest to Daxx and the drunk mutha is standing on the speeder with the pistol.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Tank_a11

North of the docking bay doors at the corner of the docking bay, the party can see 2 thugs beating up a Gungan

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Gungan10

just south of the docking bay doors is a homeless guy and what looks like 2 small, mangy pups.  on the map, this is the guy laying down (sorry no puppy models)

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Homele10

On the west side of the street, same side as Tank and the party, across from the Hangar is a pilot and his Gonk and Protocol droid, apparently arguing about some star chart.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Gonk_d11

And finally, a side view of the same street, just for perspective

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Side_s10

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to clarify what you see.  Otherwise, go ahead and proceed with your plan.  I know Alan outlined it, but now actually go through the steps of crossing the street to the doors, who opens them, where everyone is standing when the first guy opens the doors, etc etc.  

Let's try to be specific and ask questions, if this goes to combat
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue35/35Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue0/0Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

Post  Chris Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 pm

***deleted Josh's post and my reply.****

I know this isn't combat, but let's try this.  Here is Rakhu's plan again, jsut as a reminder

navyik wrote:"How bout this, guys:  daxx has his assett meet us at the dock with a pallett full of cheap junkyard parts.  We walk up with it.pick up  crates and board the ship.  

Sharn is first cause they areny likely to mess with a wookie.  Sharn positions himself close to thana.

T'son enters, spouting theories that our window to take off is rapidly closing, and we need to get to work fast.  He will ask thana to have the nikto load the rest of the parts so we can begin work immediately.  

Then daxx and his assett enter arguing that the one part they couldnt find, which is  crucial to life support is available but that jerk over there (pointing to a ship or a kiosk or something),wont come off it for less than 1500 and all we have is 700.

Im last, my crate has the rotary in it.

Hopefully the gang chief takes the bait and takes our 700 and goes with some of his men to get the "part."

non combat initiative order:

Sharn
    T'son
    Daxx and Tank
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha

we will act in order of Rakhu's plan, but BEFORE the first action - I want your position on the map and any other actions (sense force, stealth, enhanced ability, etc) and what you are holding\equiping and where you want the drunk mutha.

like the last map - think of this as your SETUP phase before combat, IF it comes to combat, which it may not, but I don't want to go into it sloppily and not have everyone with a clear understanding and picture of what is happening and who is where, etc. Please be specific and only state what you are doing right now during the set up phase.

I am looking for:
    character location on the map
    any pre-rolled buffs\skills
    intention to follow the plan or if you are going to do something else

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue19/19Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue1/0Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 pm

In that case... Daxx will be at O-10 (with Tank probably right next to him) with the parts.

Enhance Ability:

Roll(1d20)+6:
    17,+6
    Total:23

+4 to Dex. Vitality 41/44
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Sharn will approach the thugs beating on Jar Jar. D-15, I think..

"Growlar vaggrar woorvin rarrruff?" {Does this guy owe you money or something?}
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue60/112Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 pm

"Mam....Would you kindly wait here with the wagon, just in case these thugs start trouble. I am fairly certain that your boy is inside. We will go ahead indoors to codnuct our buisness, and send you boy out when things are safe. We wouldnt want him getting caught in a bad situation." 

to the party, privately =

"Be cautious. Her boy sounds as if he may be force sensitive, and if he throws his abilities into the mix, against our intrests, it may complictae things signifcicantly." 

Tson's starting position is as currently displayed. He will begin to walk to the door as per the ruse, as planned.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh yes, the plan. Sharn still wants to complete the plan, but the injustice he witnesses spurs him to action.

Really enjoying the pix!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Robyo wrote:Oh yes, the plan. Sharn still wants to complete the plan, but the injustice he witnesses spurs him to action.
    Really enjoying the pix!
    Robyo wrote:Sharn will approach the thugs beating on Jar Jar. D-15, I think..

afro gotta be true to yourself, Sharn

Sharn is standing with the party in the lower left hand corner, opposite from the upper right thugs. If Sharn starts walking, taking a double move let's assume, at what point does he speak?
    I am wondering how far away from the thugs Sharn will be when he gets their attention, let me put it that way.

and we are waiting for Alan to declare for Rakhu.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Well, a double- move would still be less than halfway across the board.

Sharn wouldn't speak until he's up near them, D-15 or so.

I guess Alan's in Boston.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Ok, we can pause here for a bit.

you could run in a straight line x4.... but since we are out of combat, it doesn't really matter.

Knowing that you would wait to talk until you got closer, is what I really wanted to know, thanks.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue68/68Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Rakhu wants to place some of the parts near the junk near L-8. "I need two cloaks, he says to the others. We've gotta disguise her and hide my pub uniform. She can stand near the parts and draw them off the ship."

Seeing sharn, daxx and tank moving, "hold up guys, no need to rush." Then he sees where sharn is heading. "Frak... miss, do those guys beating up the gungan belong to your son's dad?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue19/19Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue1/0Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Daxx will stop (and just talk about nothing in particular with Tank)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 am

Reading your declared actions, I built a map with tokens (note to self, must remember to take a map picture without minis too)  I tried to overlay tokens on top of the minis which are stuck in teh picture.  So just ignore the images of your party and such which I can't move for now.  Look at your tokens.  I made blank tile tokens to block out the old images, I hope that works

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Epsilo11

Rakhu positioned the drunk mutha and some junk parts near L-8

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Junk10

there are 2 of these images, representing piles of parts.  1 is near Daxx and Tank, per the plan and the other with the mutha and Rakhu.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Calami14

The mutha has a dirty long coat as pictured.   "I don't know 'bout no fuking clocks, but we could swap jackets.  It would change us both"  She says as she eyes your fine Republic jacket bleerily.

T'son is at the same spot as requested.

Tank and Daxx are near 0-10 with parts and just chatting as requested. Daxx used EA

Sharn approaches the 2 thugs beating up the gungan.   He can see a Whiphid and an Ancora doing the beating.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Gungan11

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Whiphi11

Whipids are known as mean and savage hunters from the frozen tundra world of Toola.  They are natural predators and still lived in tribes when first contacted by interstellar travels who came to Toola for water harvesting.  They stand about 2.5 meters tall, about the size of a wookie, but bulkier.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Arcona10

Arcona are a reptilian race.  They never developed hyper-drives on their own and are generally regarded as being a "low tech" species.  They have multi-faceted eyes that seem to sparkle.  Arcona often develop an addiction to salt.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Gungan12

"oouuchaa, meessa got a big boomda-gasta on meeesa nose-a"

Robyo wrote:
    The Whipid looks over his shoulder while punching and says dismissively in Huttese "E Chu Ta"

E Chu Ta - was said by the droid to C3PO on cloud city, when 3PO said it was nice to see a familiar face.  E Chu Ta is the crudest insult in Huttese, which caused 3PO's shock and response "how rude!"

let's follow non combat initiative order:

Sharn
    T'son
    Daxx and Tank **EA 10 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha

Sharn is up and everyone is in the position they stated (I hope, let me know if I got the map wrong)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue60/112Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 am

I guess I had my wires crossed, but Tson would be starting near the speeder with everyone else. I was under the impression that we were all positioned around the speeder already. My bad. 

I'd like to be starting near Raku and the hillbilly woman.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 am

MAS wrote:
    I'd like to be starting near Raku and the hillbilly woman.
    no problem, that's why I ask Laughing 

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Epsilo12
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Sharn stands firm, holding one gloved fist inside his other hand. There's the distinct sound of cracking knuckles. Looking over to the gungan, he asks, "Rarrarr varrgin marvargh?" {You need help?}

Irvin hovers above and translates, "Crikey! Boss asks if'n yousa needah helpah?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Left_bar_bleue68/68Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Map looks good to me.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:27 pm

(ooops - forgot to answer that one)

navyik wrote:
     Then he sees where sharn is heading.  "Frak... miss, do those guys beating up the gungan belong to your son's dad?"
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Calami15

"huh?  you talkin to me.... oh sorry, I gots distracted."  Rakhu can see the woman was diggin something green out of her ear (Rakhu's kind of woman!)

She continues, "Those 2?  yeah, they are his buddies.  that's... uh.... Bob, I think and uh.... no wait, Bob's a jawa..... uh.... maybe those aren't his worthless thug buddies..... wait!  yeah, that frog-faced Gunger looks familiar, for sure....."

She absently begins going through the pockets of Rakhu's jacket (since you swapped jackets) and seems fascinated by whatever she finds
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Robyo wrote:Sharn stands firm, holding one gloved fist inside his other hand. There's the distinct sound of cracking knuckles. Looking over to the gungan, he asks, "Rarrarr varrgin marvargh?" {You need help?}

Irvin hovers above and translates, "Crikey! Boss asks if'n yousa needah helpah?"
    neither guy has armor, I just like the picture.....

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Beat_u10

after taking a brutal elbow from the Whipid, the gungan spits out some blood and wheezes, "uh... any helpah here would be grand"

the gungan is clearly wounded, but still conscious
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Tson pauses, then turns to Raku and Dax - "Ignore the wookie, we dont have the time or firepower to fight every thug in the spaceport!!!" (frustration, disapointment).

Tson begins walking towards the spaceport's door - "Stick to the plan!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:26 pm

MAS wrote:Tson pauses, then turns to Raku and Dax - "Ignore the wookie, we dont have the time or firepower to fight every thug in the spaceport!!!" (frustration, disapointment).

Tson begins walking towards the spaceport's door - "Stick to the plan!"
    Chris wrote:

Sharn
    T'son
    Daxx and Tank **EA 10 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha
    Sharn is talking to the 2 thugs

T'son speaks to Daxx and Rakhu then begins walking to the spaceport door

Daxx is up, followed by Rakhu
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Daxx isn't moving towards the Gungan at all... the party hears something muttered to the effect of "not here to save every pathetic creature we encounter". holding action otherwise, moving the parts slowly towards the rest of the party. K-9, only three spaces.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm

taking a double move, T'son makes it across the street to the docking bay blast doors

Daxx moves north up the street with the parts, Tank accompanies him

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Epsilo13

Rakhu is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:39 pm

"Remember," rakhu admonishes the drunk momma, pulling something sticky out of the coat pocket and wiping it off on the jacket with an awkward grmmace, "dont reveal yourself until we get the ships doors shut."

Holding action. He agrees with T'son in principle, but it doesn't feel right...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 am

I presume we're still out of initiative?

Sharn growls deep and loud, adding a menacing grimace of his sharp yellow teeth. "SHKAK GROWL RRRRR!" An ancient wookie intimidation technique, it means "Back the fuck up!"
    Intimidation Check:
    5+15=20

And whenever it's needed, initiative: 0+5=5
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:42 am

navyik wrote:"Remember," rakhu admonishes the drunk momma, pulling something sticky out of the coat pocket and wiping it off on the jacket with an awkward grmmace, "dont reveal yourself until we get the ships doors shut."

Holding action.  He agrees with T'son in principle, but it doesn't feel right...

She is staying with the speeder, or at least Tson asked here to do so in post #5, above.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:49 am

MAS wrote:
    navyik wrote:"Remember," rakhu admonishes the drunk momma, pulling something sticky out of the coat pocket and wiping it off on the jacket with an awkward grmmace, "dont reveal yourself until we get the ships doors shut."

Holding action.  He agrees with T'son in principle, but it doesn't feel right...
    She is staying with the speeder, or at least Tson asked here to do so in post #5, above.
    Sorry, miscommunication. We needed someone to pose as parts dealer from a distance. She isnt coming with. Just standing next to a second pile of junk at a distance.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:58 am

navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Sorry, miscommunication.  We needed someone to pose as parts dealer from a distance.  She isnt coming with.  Just standing next to a second pile of junk at a distance.

No worries!

Also - Rob - Just a friendly reminder that "I" do not have a problem with you or your roleplaying of Sharn. "Tson" on the other hand is pretty torqed, so he'll be played as such!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:53 am

Torqed? I'm not familiar with that one.

No problem at all. T'son is true to his nature and so is Sharn. And even if it's a TPK, it will not be for lack of role-playing!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:15 am

Robyo wrote:I presume we're still out of initiative?

Sharn growls deep and loud, adding a menacing grimace of his sharp yellow teeth. "SHKAK GROWL RRRRR!" An ancient wookie intimidation technique, it means "Back the fuck up!"
    Intimidation Check:
    5+15=20

Yeah, until a fight actually starts, we are just using the order from Rakhu's plan, since the plan was to avoid combat, but we needed some kind of structure.

Nice roll! Intimidate is a single target skill - are you using it on the Whiphid or the Arcona?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 am

navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Sorry, miscommunication.  We needed someone to pose as parts dealer from a distance.  She isnt coming with.  Just standing next to a second pile of junk at a distance.
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Calami17

The drunk mutha says this quite loudly and Rakhu, T'son and Daxx can see spittle fly out of her mouth, "Hang on a minute!  This is sounding like you want ole Jayne to just stand here all quiet like, while you get on your ship, close the hatch and fly away.  That wasn't our deal.  Ya'all said you would help me get my boy back.  That Goathead and Tattoo'd fella said they would help and the Walking Carpet swapped spit with me."  she spits on the ground and continues,

"If you just send Bre'un that piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father and Delez out and ya'all fly away, he will just find another ship to steal.  Now I told ya I was fixing for a killin' today, I got myzelf all sauced up and loaded paw's scattergun.  I AM TAKING MY BOY!"

She gives the 3 of you a hard, if somewhat unfocused stare, "Now you either help me kill Bre'un, or you hand me my boy and take that piece-of-shit-good-for-nothing-low-down-worthless-sack-of-shit-wannabe-thug of a father with you."

She cocks her scattergun and takes a big slug of.... whatever that is.... "Or I am marching straight in there blastin' and to blazes with all yer plans"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 am

Robyo wrote:Torqed? I'm not familiar with that one.

No problem at all. T'son is true to his nature and so is Sharn. And even if it's a TPK, it will not be for lack of role-playing!
    I LOVE the roleplaying on all sides, great job!

Torqued, as in

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Torque10

study 

So T'son is getting twisted or cranked by Sharn's actions, for exampled.

in other news - Torque is the reason martial artists and boxes use "twisting punches" that turn over at the end, instead of just leaving their fist in a vertical position, the way the arm hangs naturally.  It adds energy, by adding Torque.  As an added benefit, the Torque, when applied from a knuckle to a forehead (for example) can rip skin and cause bleeding, specifically into the eyes Twisted Evil
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 am

all I ever think about with torque is what it means in super cars or something else that burns gas and drives really, really fast... don't know that I've heard it used that way. lol
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Wound tight...Mad 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm

"Miss... ma'am... whatever... what if we take you and your boy with us. Just for now. Maybe we can get him to the temple. Then nobody has to get shot. But if you make a fuss we cant get on the ship. Tell you what. Pretend you're not with us. Walk up after we get on board."
    "T'son, set for stun."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 pm

navyik wrote:"Miss... ma'am... whatever... what if we take you and your boy with us.  Just for now.  Maybe we can get him to the temple.  Then nobody has to get shot.  But if you make a fuss we cant get on the ship.  Tell you what.  Pretend you're not with us.  Walk up after we get on board."
      "T'son, set for stun."
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Calami18

"uh.... ya'all would do that for us?"   Jayne stares blankly for a minute, as if trying to understand this new concept - kindness from strangers.  "Ok, I will do as you say."  As if she realized she wasn't being grouchy anymore, "but if ya'all start making a run for yer ship without us...."  she spits and pats her scattergun "ya'all get a load a buckshot in yer ass!"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:I presume we're still out of initiative?

Intimidation Check:
    5+15=20

Yeah, until a fight actually starts, we are just using the order from Rakhu's plan, since the plan was to avoid combat, but we needed some kind of structure.

Nice roll!  Intimidate is a single target skill - are you using it on the Whiphid or the Arcona?
    That doesn't make sense. Sharn should be able to intimidate a whole mob of people, if he rolls high enough. But if I must choose, the Whipid.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Robyo wrote:
    That doesn't make sense. Sharn should be able to intimidate a whole mob of people, if he rolls high enough. But if I must choose, the Whipid.
    In theory, I agree with you.  

If you read the skill description on page 93 Star Wars it clearly states "an adversary" and "another character" and "someone".  It never uses the plural.  The DC is "10 + target's (single again) level".

If you read PF, since we are using a hybrid of both rules, it also states "an opponent" several times, never a plural.

There are a few different options with Intimidate, but I think the SW application of "cause an adversary to back down from a confrontation" seems the closest to your stated intention.

We can discuss mass intimidate in the Rules Section, but it seems both games make it clearly a single target skill.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Whiphi12

The Whiphid looks like he is puffing his fur up, possibly a evolutionary holdover, like a dog raises its hackles to make itself look bigger.  However, he quickly deflates and begins backing off.  He says in Huttese, "I.... I..... I didn't realize this was your friend, great hunter.  I have no quarrel with the clans of Kashyyykk."

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Arcona11

The Arcona seems clearly upset with his friend's change of heart.  "But this Gungan....."  he looks at the much larger Wookie and his quickly departing friend and decides to re-think his own life.  "You got lucky today, froggie.  You ever cut my salt with sugar again and you're a dead tadpole.  Got it?!?"   The Arcona will attempt to flee as well.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Gungan13

The beaten and bloody Gungan is clearly amazed and relieved.  He crawls towards Sharn's feet in gratitude, "yousa savin me, i can't believah it.  it'sa meesah lucky day."

***GM, "I can't believe we are going here****

The groveling Gungan continues, "Meesah owe'n yousa the life-play.  Meesah Gods demand it!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Chris wrote:

Sharn
    T'son
    Daxx and Tank **EA 9 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha
    Sharn has resolved his action.

T'son is up. T'son is at the docking bay doors. There is a visible control panel to open the blast doors.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Daxx just does a face palm at seeing and hearing all this. Wink
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Is there a communication function on the control panel?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:24 pm

MAS wrote:Is there a communication function on the control panel?
    Do you mean something like a buzzer-speaker at an apartment\hotel, so someone inside can open the blast doors?

sure, that seems reasonable
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:53 pm

I am astounded that actually worked!

Sharn will use Medkit on the Gungan.
    Treat Injury Check:
    3+12= 15 ...restores 3 vitality. Is he wounded as well?

Sharn growls a few sentences and Irwin translates: (for the Gungan's benefit): {"Boss says you can return the favor. Come and tell his companions what you know of what's going on in this spaceport."}
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Hoping this gets heard by more than Thana:

"Hello, we are finally arrived with your parts! The sooner we can access your ship for expert repairs, the sooner we can get you on your way. Please grant us access so that the work can begin."

Diplomacy -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

10 + 10 = 20
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Robyo wrote:I am astounded that actually worked!

Sharn will use Medkit on the Gungan.
    Treat Injury Check:
    3+12= 15 ...restores 3 vitality. Is he wounded as well?

Sharn growls a few sentences and Irwin translates: (for the Gungan's benefit): {"Boss says you can return the favor. Come and tell his companions what you know of what's going on in this spaceport."}
    The Gungan is wounded as well, he would have only lasted another round, maybe 2.

You chose wisely - the Arcona was the one that felt wronged by the Gungan, so the Whiphid had less motivation to stay and was more easily encouraged to leave.  Without his muscle, the little Arcona was not going to stick around and fight a Wookie over a salt deal gone bad.

Chris wrote:
    Arcona are a reptilian race. They never developed hyper-drives on their own and are generally regarded as being a "low tech" species. They have multi-faceted eyes that seem to sparkle. Arcona often develop an addiction to salt.

Chris wrote:
    "You got lucky today, froggie.  You ever cut my salt with sugar again and you're a dead tadpole.  Got it?!?"   The Arcona will attempt to flee as well.
    The Gungan replies in gratitude, "Meesah knowing nothing about what's going on in that spacedock, meesah sorry, masta."  A sly grin crosses the Gungan's wide face,  "Maybe Meesah helpin you friends with sumpin else?  Meesah gotsa Spice, Glitterstims, Salts.... yousah like?  Meesah got"

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Drug_d10

Last edited by Chris on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:07 pm

MAS wrote:Hoping this gets heard by more than Thana:

"Hello, we are finally arrived with your parts! The sooner we can access your ship for expert repairs, the sooner we can get you on your way. Please grant us access so that the work can begin."

Diplomacy -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

10 + 10 = 20
    Without reply, the large blast doors slide open with a WHOOOSH.  T'son and those behind him can see the following scene:  there are 2 armed thugs, an Aqualish (walrus face) on the right side of the door and a Mon Calamari to the left.  There is a Talz by the open ship ramp.  

Thana is standing beside a large, mean looking thug with a scar on his face (matches the description of Bre'un that drunk mutha told you).  Beside Bre'un is a boy of about 12.  The boy looks unharmed and unafraid of the situation.  Bre'un is holding what looks like the hilt of a lightsaber towards Thana's head.  (It is not ignited, so ignore that part of the Darth Maul model)

The nikto crew are all off-screen to the right, hanging out sheepishly.

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Open_h10

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Face_s10

Bre'un welcomes T'son, "By all means, begin your repairs immediately.  And if there are any more problems or delays, you will all follow your pretty Twi'lek friend here to the grave."

Diplomacy is a full round action, so Daxx is up followed by Rakhu

Last edited by Chris on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 pm

navyik wrote:
    Four people.  Maybe 5.
    4 adults and 1 child cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:43 pm

(shit)... Daxx will use see Force on this guy with teh lightsaber, for what it's worth

Roll(1d20)+6:
    18,+6
    Total:24
    vitality: 38/44 EA - 9 rounds
    no movement yet.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 am

"Lets get to work boys." Then to drunk momma,"hey you, get a move on, the man's in a hurry."

Forward 5 hexes. Hoping momma makes a ruckuss!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:37 am

whit10 wrote:(shit)... Daxx will use see Force on this guy with teh lightsaber, for what it's worth

Roll(1d20)+6:
    18,+6
    Total:24
    vitality:  38/44  EA - 9 rounds
    no movement yet.
    See Force is a Full Round Action, so Daxx is done

Bre'un is certainly a Force User and he is more powerful than Daxx
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

navyik wrote:"Lets get to work boys."  Then to drunk momma,"hey you, get a move on, the man's in a hurry."

Forward 5 hexes.  Hoping momma makes a ruckuss!
    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men Calami19

"ARE YOU DRUNK?!?  First ya tell me to stay here and act all hush like, now ya'ar hustlin my ass to move.  Whut the fuks is wrong with you Greenie? I am seriously beginnin to have my doubts abut yer ability to lead a bantha to the desert.  If you skrew this up with yer shinanygins, I am gonna put a load a buckshot in yer green ass first."

Drunk Mutha moves 5 hexes to the East and is near Rakhu, her scattergun is in one hand and her bottle in the other

Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men 1_hang10

The Aqualish, Mon Cal and Talz all are holding blasters and watching the 'tech crew' carefully.

Chris wrote:

Sharn
    T'son
    Daxx and Tank **EA 8 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha
    Sharn is up, followed by T'son.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm