Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn will lead Thana back towards the ship ramp. Are T'son and Rakhu going in?


    Sharn and Thana are on the ramp going up into the ship, when you reach the area with the turret, you will be fully up the ramp and inside the ship.

    T'son is up next, still going in order
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 pm

    Tson moves, apprehensively, to follow the wookie onto to ship.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:03 pm

    MAS wrote:Tson moves, apprehensively, to follow the wookie onto to ship.
    T'son moves about 3 hexes and gets in line behind Thana.

    Daxx and Tank are up
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:41 pm

    Daxx and Tank keep pushing the cart up towards and onto the ramp.. up into the ship if possible.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 am

    whit10 wrote:Daxx and Tank keep pushing the cart up towards and onto the ramp.. up into the ship if possible.
    Daxx and Tank get in line with everyone else




    Rakhu is up
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  navyik on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 am

    Whats up with those nikto @ bottom?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 am

    navyik wrote:Whats up with those nikto @ bottom?
    drunken

    Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Base speed pulling up to t'son's right.  Hold rest of action.  Are those nikto at the bottom dead, in chains, or what?
    Chris wrote:
    The nikto crew are all off-screen to the right, hanging out sheepishly.
    the original description was from when T'son opened the door, before you saw the full map.  they are mostly sitting, staring at the floor or walls.  they look shell-shocked, shaken and Rakhu wonders if they could even muster the will to take action.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  navyik on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:23 am

    To daxx and his buddy, "park it there guys," pointing to a spot between the door to the ship and bre'un. "That will take up space we need to work." Then he walks around to the door next to t'son with his crate. Then to t'son, " its too bad that asshole wouldnt take our offer for the rebuilt unit," pointing out the blast doors. "we could do this in a quarter of the time. Dick... 1500 credits, my ass!" Then to thana, "we're still getting paid, right?" If he has the angle to hide it from bre'un he will glare at momma and wink at the nikto. Then to bre'un, "can we use the labor force here?" Pointing at the nikto.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 am

    navyik wrote:To daxx and his buddy, "park it there guys," pointing to a spot between the door to the ship and bre'un.  "That will take up space we need to work."  Then he walks around to the door next to t'son with his crate.  Then to t'son, " its too bad that asshole wouldnt take our offer for the rebuilt unit," pointing out the blast doors.  "we could do this in a quarter of the time.  Dick... 1500 credits, my ass!"  Then to thana, "we're still getting paid, right?"  If he has the angle to hide it from bre'un he will glare at momma and wink at the nikto.  Then to bre'un, "can we use the labor force here?" Pointing at the nikto.
    Let me know if Rakhu is standing where you want him?

    Rakhu can't see momma and the nikto don't make eye contact, they are too scared to do anything but look at the floor\walls.




    Bre'un replies, "Those nikto are worthless, they can't turn a ratchet according to the Twi'lek.  Which is why you're here, right?"  Bre'un sighs impatiently, "what is this part you still need?"

    The aqualish and mon cal push their cart into line and are chatting about the latest pod race on Malistare.  The talz does nothing of note.



    Chris wrote:
    let's follow non combat initiative order:

    Sharn and XXGunganXX
    *Bre'un
    + Thana
    T'son  **Shaken -2 to all, 6 rds**
    Daxx and Tank **EA 5 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha
    alien thugs
    Talz **Shaken -2**
    Sharn is up


    Last edited by Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  navyik on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:05 pm

    That is actually the spot hes telling daxx to put the cart. Rakhu wants to the the other side of t'son.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:28 pm

    navyik wrote:That is actually the spot hes telling daxx to put the cart.  Rakhu  wants to the the other side of t'son.
    Ok, obviously Daxx can't put the cart there until it's his turn and he decides what he is going to do



    Sharn is up
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Robyo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:53 pm

    Sharn leads onwards into the ship. He asks Thana, "What armaments does your craft have? Is there a belly gun?" He gestures for T'son to follow them.

    If there is weapons, we head towards the controls. Maybe they are in the cockpit, maybe they are separate. I just don't know... but Thana might!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:08 pm

    Robyo wrote:Sharn leads onwards into the ship. He asks Thana, "What armaments does your craft have? Is there a belly gun?" He gestures for T'son to follow them.
    If there is weapons, we head towards the controls. Maybe they are in the cockpit, maybe they are separate. I just don't know... but Thana might!


    Thana replies, "As I said before, the Mitochondria is light on guns, but she is fast and has good shields.  She is a science vessel, after all.  There is only 1 gun and it is fixed forward."





    **edit** added the other tokens


    Last edited by Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 pm

    Chris wrote:
    non combat initiative order:

    Sharn + Thana
    *Bre'un
    T'son  **Shaken -2 to all, 6 rds**
    Daxx and Tank **EA 5 rds**
    Rakhu
    drunk mutha
    alien thugs
    Talz **Shaken -2**
    On his turn, Bre'un walks over and blocks the entrance ramp to the ship.  



    Bre'un smiles at his son and says with kindness and patience, "Del, looks through those parts and see if you can find an alluvial dampner."    

    Delez excitedly runs over to the carts of spare parts (junk) and begins looking through them like a kid in a toy store.

    Bre'un addresses Rakhu, "Now what's this about needing yet another part?"  all traces of patience and kindness are gone from his voice.   "Nothing will stop me from leaving Ord Mantell with my son."  The ship's hatch archway casts long dark shadows across his face,  "I have warned you about further delays."  His deep voice rattles your bones.

    Will Save for everyone outside the ship.  Sharn is immune since he made his save.

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 pm

    Daxx's will save:

    Roll(1d20)+5:
    18,+5
    Total:23

    Actually, come to think of it, the wounded condition he currently has makes that a 22. grrrr.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 am

    whit10 wrote:Daxx's will save:
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    18,+5
    Total:23
    Actually, come to think of it, the wounded condition he currently has makes that a 22.  grrrr.
    nah, you are only "fatigued" when you take wound damage. -2 to str and dex (-1 to rolls) only, not everything. 23 it is
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 am

    Tson is at -2 from being "shaken" still? Accounted for in the following roll =

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

    10 + 4 = 14
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  navyik on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:33 am

    7+1=8
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 am

    T'son and Rakhu fail their saves and are shaken -2 to all rolls for 6 rds.  Daxx digs deep into his reservoir of inner strength and peace, probably from his lifetime of Jedi training and is just barely able to withstand Bre'un's frightening presence.

    Rakhu remembers a time hunting saberfangs as a child.  He came around a corner and unexpectedly found a mother saberfang and her young enjoying a Ronto kill.  The mother saberfang had the same look in her eyes as she stepped between her pup and Rakhu.  Rakhu gets the same feeling from Bre'un, he has a primal urge to avoid eye contact and back away.

    T'son's head cones are overstimulated from the powerful emotions emanating from Bre'un and the herd-mentality fear of those around him.  T'son feels like he is in a crowded turbolift and 20 people are all screaming at once.  He would like nothing better than to get off the turbolift at the next stop.


    **GM - I am not controlling your characters, just suggesting how they "feel"  how they act is, of course, still up to you***

    Tank sheepishly drops his head and takes an instinctive step back.  The Aqualish and Mon Cal seem uneffected.  The Talz is quite cowed now and staring at the floor, much like the Nikto.


    Chris wrote:
    Bre'un addresses Rakhu, "Now what's this about needing yet another part?"  all traces of patience and kindness are gone from his voice.  

    **GM - Bre'un still has an action left and seems to be waiting for a reply.***
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:54 am

    Daxx: "hey there feller... we don't need want any trouble. We were told to come fix a ship, and that's just what we mean to do. But, if you'd rather do it yourself...."


    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:16 am

    whit10 wrote:Daxx:  "hey there feller... we don't need want any trouble.  We were told to come fix a ship, and that's just what we mean to do.  But, if you'd rather do it yourself...."


    Bre'un eyes Daxx suspiciously, "And yet.... you show up without the right parts and ask for a bunch of lab techs to help. If the Nikto could have fixed the ship, the Twi'lek wouldn't have had to call the Geek squad here."

    Bre'un returns his hard stare to Rakhu, "Now what about this rebuilt part you mentioned, that can speed up the repairs?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am

    ****GM note ****

    Josh and I were chatting about the encounter via email.  I know the pace of the forum games can make it hard to keep track of what's happening.  But I am tired of running shallow "kick down the door and shoot" encounters.

    I would suggest the party think of this encounter like a theater scene - what is the motivation?

    what does the party want?

    what does Bre'un want?  (he has said it clearly multiple times)

    what does drunk mutha want?  (she has said it clearly multiple times)
    -what about the party's promise to help?

    does Delez have a motivation and\or how to handle him?

    do the other aliens have a motivation?


    Is there a way to give everyone what they want?  If not, what are your options - the party may have to choose either the mutha or Bre'un.  But think about it carefully, there are multiple ways to deal with the encounter (and hopefully you come up with some that I haven't considered)


    I am on the road all day Tue, today and I have TKD classes tonight, so I likely won't check back in until 8pm or so, feel free to discuss your options and strategy. Bre'un is still waiting for a reply from Rakhu
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2658
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  navyik on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:26 pm

    "W... we are j... jury rigging this thing." Rakhu says looking down. "Spaceport is a mess... p... prices for parts... th... that guy out there," pointing out the blast doors, " wanted more credits we dont h... have. We c... can fix it w... with b... bypasses and kit bash the dampeners from scrap.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm

    So... this is going down hill rather rapidly. Any ideas? I got squat, unless we want to try and get the drunk mutha to distract this guy (which means she'll prolly get killed but, well, thems the breaks)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:09 pm

    whit10 wrote:So... this is going down hill rather rapidly.  Any ideas?  I got squat, unless we want to try and get the drunk mutha to distract this guy (which means she'll prolly get killed but, well, thems the breaks)
    I am not moving past Bre'un here until we get some input from Matt and Rob

    great roleplaying Alan! cheers 

    it is still Bre'un's turn, talk is cheap (it doesn't cost anybody actions)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:20 pm

    Does the "shaken effect" stack? If so, I am at -4 to everything. 



    IDEA: Lets tell this guy we are going offworld, and that we had this shuttle setup, and we will be glad to share it. I mean, be mostly truthful, and help the guy get his son offworld. I honestly cant tell if this guy is evil/darkside...or just super protective of his kid. As a plus, his team seems decently suited for our purposes.....



    Also. We can get into orbit and just "space" the SOB!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:42 pm

    MAS wrote:Does the "shaken effect" stack? If so, I am at -4 to everything. 
    The rules don't say one way or the other, but given the Feat, it would be way OP if it stacked intensity. I would say that it stacks in duration.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:13 pm

    This guy is Sith... no Jedi would just cut down a Gungan like that.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Robyo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:40 pm

    Yeah, he's a bad guy. We need to take him out, here and now. I sure don't want to be stuck in space in close-quarters with this tough hombre.

    Sharn is standing next to the Ventral Access Port. He could climb out on top of the ship. Then, when the guy is in position, jump on him. Thana would have to come along with him. Does she have powers? He vowed to protect her, but hopefully she's not totally helpless. Maybe someone else wants to help?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:48 pm

    Rob, I'm really not too psyched on trying to fight this guy... if everyone's on board, ok then. I have a feeling this guy's a beast (and none of us are in what I'd call combat shape, but that's just how I see it)
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:04 pm

    He cut down a DRUG DEALER who was wildly approaching his son, in a dangerous place, during a dangerous time...context.


    Is there any sort of "detect evil/sith" we could do?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

    whit10 wrote:This guy is Sith... no Jedi would just cut down a Gungan like that.
    just for arguments sake.... 2/3 of the Force users in the party are NEITHER Sith nor Jedi. the universe is not just black and white, there is a lot of grey in the middle.

    MAS wrote:He cut down a DRUG DEALER who was wildly approaching his son, in a dangerous place, during a dangerous time...context.
    Is there any sort of "detect evil/sith" we could do?
    No, there is no "detect evil\sith"

    I love the discussion! excellent reactions from all. there may not be a black\white option, you may need to choose something grey.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm

    navyik wrote:"W... we are j... jury rigging this thing." Rakhu says looking down.  "Spaceport is a mess... p... prices for parts... th... that guy out there," pointing out the blast doors, " wanted more  credits we dont h... have.  We c... can fix it w... with b... bypasses and kit bash the dampeners from scrap.


    Bre'un steps out of the way of the ramp.  "Send one of your crew with your credits to the parts dealer. The rest of you will get started on the repairs."

    Bre'un addresses the Mon Cal, "Go with 1 of them and take Bando (the aqualish) with you. Try to get the part for their price, I am sure it is fair.  If the junker remains stubborn, let Bando persuade him."  The Aqualish chortles with anticipation at bullying a merchant, "Good, good boss!"

    Bre'un chides Bando, "Don't enjoy yourself too much or you will miss your ride off this dump.  Get the part as quickly as possible and get back here.  We will try to get everything else finished."


    Chris wrote:
    non combat initiative order:

    Sharn + Thana
    *Bre'un
    T'son **Shaken -2 to all, 12 rds**
    Daxx and Tank **EA 5 rds** Tank shaken 6 rds
    Rakhu **Shaken 6 rds**
    drunk mutha
    alien thugs
    Talz **Shaken -2, 12 rds**
    T'son is up
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 pm

    It seems like the pace has slowed way down and I don't know if it is due to schedules or not knowing how to proceed. I have tried to put the encounter in context, but let me put it this way and see if that helps you:

    This is really a character-based decision. There isn't 1 right answer. You aren't necessarily missing the magic solution, there isn't one. It is all about how your specific characters, through role-playing, would handle a Kobiyashi-maru or no-win situation.

    do your characters break their word with the mother? (take the father\son with you)
    or
    do you kill the father and keep your promise to the mother? (the father is not going to give up the kid, that should be clear)

    The father is not just going to let you sneak past him. It was a nice idea, but it's not going to happen. That will lead to a fight with him.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 pm

    Kobiyashi Maru?... Hell, let's just reprogram the simulator so that we can rescue the crew. "I don't like to lose" Wink

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:59 pm

    "Enough, enough of this" squeaks T'son in an uncharacteristically high pitched gasp. A deep breath, and moment to focus, and he continues in a more even tone. His voice is firm, as he pours every ounce of his will (burning his last force point) into maintaining a brave face...

    "Mr Bruen, sir. Here are the facts. We are about an important task whose failure may generate horrible repercussions across several systems, including this one, or any nearby system where you and your son are likely to be in the near future. At great danger to ourselves, and great pain to others, we have recently ensured that this craft can fly safely from this port to do so. Understand this, we knew your boy was present in the dock, and thus refrained from initiating violence to reach our craft. We have taken great pains so far to NOT put your boy in danger. It would have been faster for us to begin our urgent task by blasting our way in here and sweeping your petty thugs from our path, yet for the sake of your boys safety, we refrained. I do not know how or why the Gungan stumbled into our business, and I care little for his loss."
    (break for ease of reading)
    "I propose that we share this craft. We will see you and your boy, and your associates if they can abstain from violence, safely off planet. We will deliver you all safely to a place within a reasonable deviation of our intended course, and part ways. You get what you want, we get get what we want, and all will walk away safely. Otherwise..."
    (break for ease of reading)
    "The alternative at this point is not acceptable to any of us. Were we to clash, at this close range, I assure you that the danger to nearby, dare I say, young persons in the immediate vicinity would prove fatal. Neither you nor us want to have that kind of blood on our hands."
    "Please, will you accept the terms, thereby guaranteeing the safety of your son?" 

    Diplomacy roll, with force point : 

    -2 for shaken condition

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 -2" :

    11 - 2 = 9

    +10 for skill modifier
    = 19 

    + 1d6 light side force point burn 
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

    1 (DAMMIT!) 


    Total = 20
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

    Matt, if you have a force point, now might be a good time for a re-roll Smile

    pretty sure we're using them like Hero points in PF (Chris will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 pm

    excellent RPing, Matt!

    normally, Aid Another, requires 5 ranks in the same skill, but if anyone wants to aid T'son in his diplomacy, I will grant the +2 bonus if it is roleplayed in character.

    **GM, I just want to give everyone a chance to say something if they want, before I advance the scene**
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm

    MAS wrote:" His voice is firm, as he pours every ounce of his will (burning his last force point) into maintaining a brave face..."

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 pm

    I saw that... my point is that we're using force points like hero points in PF. You can sacrifice one for a re-roll of the d20 instead of what you did with it (the d6)
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:59 pm

    Daxx will step to T'son's side (with his lightsaber in his hand, unlit) with a determined look on his face since he knows what the guy just tried with the force (and probably saw the effects on his allies)

    "look pal, we really don't want any trouble and it's been a bad day.  From the looks of things here, we can stand around and all get wiped out by what's going on, or, we can suck it up, agree not to kill each other.. and then you and that smiling lad of yours can get off world and have a decent life for yourselves.  We really don't care about the damned Gungan, can't really say as I blame you on that one...

    (a slight pause)

    Or, we can just kill each other... your call."

    (that's about as much diplomacy as Daxx is capable of)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 am

    ***GM - Ok, I guess I am going to invoke the "Rob Rule"  Alan hasn't posted in about 48hrs and Rob in about 40 hrs.  Rakhu forfeits his action this round.  *****



    Bre’un nods his head, “I accept your terms, Gotal.”  The deep lines on his face visibly relax, “I know…. I know it must not have been easy to trust me.  I lost my sister to that Gungan and his drugs.  He cut her Spice (like he did with the Arcona’s salt) with something and it killed her.  You can just drop us on Dantooine if you are heading into the Core or any neutral world in the outer rim.”  

    Bre’un addresses the Aqualish and Mon Cal, “Go close the blast doors and wait until the ship leaves.”  Bre’un flips the Mon Cal an archaic muzzle-loader pistol, “You are in charge now.”  The Mon Cal smiles and motions for the other 2 to follow.  The Aqualish and Talz give one final nod to Bre’un and then fall in behind the Mon Cal.  They head towards the blast doors.

    Just then, the drunk mutha stumbles around the corner.  She takes a long slug from her rot-gut and smashes the bottle on the street.  She cocks her scattergun, “You low-down-lying-worthless-double-crossing-good-for-nothing-sacks of shit. (she spits)  You thinks I am just gonna let you fuks ole momma over and walz outta ‘ere with my boy and his cock-sucker father?  I told ya, Greenie, I would put a load ‘o buckshot in yer ass first!”  

    She fires her scattergun towards Rakhu before anyone can react.  But the pellets seem to hit an invisible wall and drop to the ground.  “Get rid of her.”  Bre’un commands.  His former thugs make short blaster work of the drunk mutha who slumps dead on the hangar floor.

    “MOTHER,  NOOOOOO!”  Delez cries out in anguish.  He clenches his fists tightly and all around the docking bay, work lights explode and the junk parts go flying off the loading carts.  He collapses in a heap, unconscious.

    Bre’un lovingly scoops up his son in a cradle and silently carries him on board the ship.

    After Bre’un leaves your presence, all effects of the fear drain from your bodies and minds.


    ****The encounter is over, we are out of initiative.****

    The party is still standing in docking bay epsilon 12.  Thana and Sharn are on board, as are Bre'un and an unconscious Del.

    Now that the fear is gone, the Nikto begin to gather their stuff and get on board.

    Any other actions before you leave Ord Mantell?
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am

    Daxx just stand there with his mouth hanging open a bit at seeing what that kid just did.

    "nobody piss off that kid while were flying, ok"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2349
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  MAS on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:19 pm

    whit10 wrote:

    "nobody piss off that kid while were flying, ok"

    Seconded!


    T'son grimaces briefly, and buries his regret at not being able to avoid getting the drunken fool of a woman killed deep inside.

    "Onto the ship then..."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:34 pm

    Sharn shrugs at the change of events. He was raised in the bloody gladiator pits, so very little surprises him these days.

    The wookie retires to his quarters (with Irwin), intending to get some much-needed rest. He invites Thana to come by for some tea, whenever she has time.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm

    Robyo wrote: He invites Thana to come by for some tea, whenever she has time.
    what you have in mind, furball?

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:10 pm

    once Alan checks in, we will move on to the next scene

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3649
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  whit10 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

    that's pretty good man. lol
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2761
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Robyo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 pm

    Ha! That's about right!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4848
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Chris on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 pm

    Robyo wrote:Ha! That's about right!
    I figured as much. I guess we will see if Thana is "that kind of Twi'lek" or not Twisted Evil 

    Sponsored content

    Re: Best Laid Plans of Rodians and Men

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:58 am