Chirs2
Robyo
6 posters

Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty Re: Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:21 am

navyik wrote:Mechanics 12+14=26

Oli spends an hour repairing Ray. During the diagnostic, he notices that the golem's tether has become fuzed to it's central cortex. Though the device is now impossible to remove, it's a good bet it no longer functions.

"I... I... am f... feeling b... better now, M... Master," says the large ergo. "Th...th...th...th....thank y... you!" It seems Ray has developed a stutter and a crooked gait when he walks. Probably the damage to the golem's cortex has resulted in some minor, yet permanent conditions.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:28 am

Chirs2 wrote:Virgil suggests, "We should give the prisoners to the Navajo, they attacked the tribe on their land, destroyed their medical property and killed only their people.  I know if someone attacked Pestilence, I would want the final say in how justice was done.  I may not agree with their ways, but this is their territory and the prisoners should be subject to their laws.  Under the Arizona Constitution, I cannot offer them asylum unless they are willing to cooperate."

Virgil says this loudly enough for the prisoners to hear, in the hopes it changes their minds about talking to him.

"I have a plan for them!" shouts Warpath. He is the only Navajo left that can speak the common tongue. "We will bury them up to their necks. Then we will drizzle berry juice all over their heads. The flies and ants will have their way with these scum and we shall sleep soundly, knowing that justice has been done."

The prisoners stare wide-eyed at the tribesman's proposal. But they stay silent.

"Stormcrow was like a mother to me," continues the tribal warrior. "She raised me from a small boy, after my parents were murdered by federal troops. I will see her senseless death avenged!" He spits on the prisoners.

Last edited by Robyo on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:30 am

whit10 wrote:yeah, time for some healing, whenever he gets a chance, Neraka will heal after a minute of rest (and being back in normal form).

unless something happens to interrupt it, Second Wind: 4d6 vitality regained after a minute.

Roll(4d6)+0:
    1,6,5,5,+0
    Total:17

Neraka's Vitality: 38/52

Okay, sounds good. The rest of the party is welcome to commence with healing too. The Navajos can do Heal checks on anyone that needs it. They are unable to offer magical healing however, as that was Stormcrow's specialty.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:21 am

Neraka looks at Warpath with a mixture of humor and pleasure.... "you're my kind of warrior.... Just make sure you find a good fire-ant colony to bury them next to first."

Neraka walks over to the prisoners, "I think you have one chance, tell us what we want to know, and we'll kill you quick... if you don't, well, you just heard what he said. Oh and this is Gerald, (pulls out the mouse, sets him on his shoulder and Gerald bows)... he looks harmless but, after we bury you, he'll burrow into the earth and eat your nuts.. slowly. Have a good think on that."

Neraka just turns and walks back to help the wounded.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 am

"Ya'all got some mighty twisted notions a' justice" mutters John Henry as he moves well away from the prisoners and their captives.

Time to sit down in the shade and rest a spell, he reckons.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 am

Robyo wrote:
    navyik wrote:Mechanics 12+14=26

Oli spends an hour repairing Ray. During the diagnostic, he notices that the golem's tether has become fuzed to it's central cortex. Though the device is now impossible to remove, it's a good bet it no longer functions.

"I... I... am f... feeling b... better now, M... Master," says the large ergo. "Th...th...th...th....thank y... you!" It seems Ray has developed a stutter and a crooked gait when he walks. Probably the damage to the golem's cortex has resulted in some minor, yet permanent conditions.

"I am so sorry, Ray. I should not have asked you to do that when I did not know whether the water would harm you."
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:20 am

Monk has wandered back over. He hears what has been proposed to the prisoners. He is appalled by his companions seemingly endless capacity for cruelty and violence.

To the party in general he says..

"There is a difference between justice and vengeance. What Master Warpath has proposed is the latter. It is an evil act to take the lives of captives in such a way."

He turns to the captured bandits.

"Please, tell them where you are from and who has sent you to kill us so that I might be able save your lives."

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 1 (11+1)=12

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:21 pm

(under his breath) "Haven't you people ever heard of psychological warfare? sheesh" mutters Neraka quietly
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:35 pm

whit10 wrote:(under his breath)  "Haven't you people ever heard of psychological warfare?  sheesh" mutters Neraka quietly

Monk was trying the old 'good cop, bad cop..'
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 pm

heh... just playing dude's charisma.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:"Please, tell them where you are from and who has sent you to kill us so that I might be able save your lives."

Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 1 (11+1)=12

"Now look who's a goody goody two-shoes," taunts Lt. Dan. He laughs, then spits up some blood. His wounds are worsening. "I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"We aint' talking," agrees Col. Cole. "And even if you offered us a million dollars, we wouldn't help you. We made a bargain with... uh... certain folks who don't take kindly to disloyalty. Sheeoot, our families are probably already dead. You might as well kill us now."

"That's what we aim to do, scum!" replies Warpath. He's busy digging a hole in which to bury one of the prisoners.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Robyo wrote:
    "Now look who's a goody goody two-shoes," taunts Lt. Dan. He laughs, then spits up some blood. His wounds are worsening. "I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"We aint' talking," agrees Col. Cole. "And even if you offered us a million dollars, we wouldn't help you. We made a bargain with... uh... certain folks who don't take kindly to disloyalty. Sheeoot, our families are probably already dead. You might as well kill us now."

"That's what we aim to do, scum!" replies Warpath. He's busy digging a hole in which to bury one of the prisoners.

Virgil says a silent prayer to Stolgar, to help him save innocent lives.

Virgil barks, "LIEUTENANT Dan!  COLONEL Cole! I don't give a rat's (indicating Neraka) fuzzy ass about a bargain you might have made with these "dark ones."  You swore an Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America.  Do you remember?

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

If your families are already dead, then their blood is on your treasonous hands.  You betrayed your family when you broke your Oath to this country and its people.  I too have served.  I still do."  Virgil taps the tin star on his armored jacket.

"The "dark ones" attacked Pestilence.  We beat them back and saved the city.  We have killed an alien disguised as a cabin in the woods.  And we mean to drive these bastards off our planet."

Virgil watches Warpath digging their graves, "You have betrayed your brothers and committed heinous crimes against your country.  Your families, however, are innocent.  Serve your country one last time in death.  Tell me what you know."

Virgil kneels down in front of the prisoners.  He removes his hat and takes off his mask, so he can look at them on their level, eye to eye, man to man, "I promise you this - if you tell me where to find your families, I will do everything in my power to save them. "

Diplomacy?

Roll(1d20)+-1:
    4,+-1
    Total:3

Heroic Mein - reroll 1\day

Roll(1d20)+-1:
    15,+-1
    Total:14

**Oath of Enlistment:  (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789)
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Nice role play!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Nice role play!

+1
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:20 am

Chirs2 wrote:Virgil says a silent prayer to Stolgar, to help him save innocent lives.

Virgil barks, "LIEUTENANT Dan!  COLONEL Cole! I don't give a rat's (indicating Neraka) fuzzy ass about a bargain you might have made with these "dark ones."  You swore an Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America.  Do you remember?

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.

If your families are already dead, then their blood is on your treasonous hands.  You betrayed your family when you broke your Oath to this country and its people.  I too have served.  I still do."  Virgil taps the tin star on his armored jacket.

"The "dark ones" attacked Pestilence.  We beat them back and saved the city.  We have killed an alien disguised as a cabin in the woods.  And we mean to drive these bastards off our planet."

Virgil watches Warpath digging their graves, "You have betrayed your brothers and committed heinous crimes against your country.  Your families, however, are innocent.  Serve your country one last time in death.  Tell me what you know."

Virgil kneels down in front of the prisoners.  He removes his hat and takes off his mask, so he can look at them on their level, eye to eye, man to man, "I promise you this - if you tell me where to find your families, I will do everything in my power to save them. "

Diplomacy?

Roll(1d20)+-1:
    4,+-1
    Total:3

Heroic Mein - reroll 1\day

Roll(1d20)+-1:
    15,+-1
    Total:14

**Oath of Enlistment:  (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789)

Colonel Cole leans back and lets loose a long and hearty bout of laughter. "Ho, ho! That's too much," he says finally. "You killed an alien disguised as a cabin, you say? Tee-he! And you beat back the dark ones from your city? Was it from comedy that you ran them out? Certainly you have a knack in that regard, ha!"

Lt. Dan eyes him quizzically. He had seemed as if  he wanted to say something, but Col. Cole's laughter shut him up quick.

The Colonel continues, once again resuming his stoic demeanor, "You give a good speech, sir, no doubt about it. I can see why the townies made you their lawman. But you presume too much! An oath was indeed made, but it was to the Confederate constitution! We are members of the 53rd Company out of Georgia. When the war ended, we thought we might live in peace. But the Yanks, and their carpet-bagged stooges, came around. They called us rebels and promoted their Ironclad Oath. That was the time many of us saw the need to relocate to freer territories.

"We've been living off the land in this here range for many years. We take whatever we please. Time and again, the feds have sent marshals and bounty hunters, but we killed them all. Then it was, that the the dark ones approached us. Their power is immense! No one can resist their will. Their influence is far deeper and wider than you can imagine.

"For this occasion, their orders were that no injuns must return alive to their village. The dark ones have plans for them, you see. And we were ordered to kill anyone else who traveled with them. They have been watching you for some time, I know. They forbade us to take prisoners or for ourselves to be taken prisoner. Our families' lives would be forfeit, they said.

"And now, you succeeded in capturing us. Well played sirs, but the dark ones are likely using us as fodder. Bait... to see how you might react. They have been studying your tactics, and soon they will discover your weakness. I don't reckin' you'll keep us alive after what we've done. Yet, it is better to die by your hands then in the horrific dungeons of the dark ones!"

Then Warpath steps up and punches the Colonel in the mouth. "Shut up! I've had enough of your chatter!" He grabs him by the scruff of his shirt, intending to drag the prisoner over to the freshly dug hole.
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 am

Robyo wrote:
    Then Warpath steps up and punches the Colonel in the mouth. "Shut up! I've had enough of your chatter!" He grabs him by the scruff of his shirt, intending to drag the prisoner over to the freshly dug hole.

Virgil lets Warpath go.  He returns his attention to Lt. Dan.  

Robyo wrote:
    Lt. Dan eyes him quizzically. He had seemed as if  he wanted to say something, but Col. Cole's laughter shut him up quick.

from Virgil's history

Chirs2 wrote:initial background thoughts....

Virgil was raised in the South but his family headed West before the War, settling in the plains somewhere.

His mother was a natural water-dowser, using a witching-stick.  Virgil never showed any talent for it, but his little sister was good at it.  Virigl's mom was accused of witchcraft and that is why they left Louisianna, but he didn't know that as a kid.

In his purest cajun drawl, "I too am a son of the South.  I was born and raised in LA until men from the north drove us from our home.  Perhaps I have lost too much of my accent in the years spent out West?  I served as a cavalry scout under General Albert Sydney Johnston, General Polk and Major General Hardee.  I bled at the Battle of Chickamauga.  We harried those union dogs up and down the Mississippi valley.  The Dark Ones are our enemies, my brother, not each other. Tell me how to sneak into the Dark Ones dungeon and I will find your families."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 am

Chirs2 wrote:initial background thoughts....

Virgil was raised in the South but his family headed West before the War, settling in the plains somewhere.

His mother was a natural water-dowser, using a witching-stick.  Virgil never showed any talent for it, but his little sister was good at it.  Virigl's mom was accused of witchcraft and that is why they left Louisianna, but he didn't know that as a kid.

In his purest cajun drawl, "I too am a son of the South.  I was born and raised in LA until men from the north drove us from our home.  Perhaps I have lost too much of my accent in the years spent out West?  I served as a cavalry scout under General Albert Sydney Johnston, General Polk and Major General Hardee.  I bled at the Battle of Chickamauga.  We harried those union dogs up and down the Mississippi valley.  The Dark Ones are our enemies, my brother, not each other.  Tell me how to sneak into the Dark Ones dungeon and I will find your families."

"I... I... will talk," Lt. Dan whispers, grimacing in pain. The life is rapidly slipping from him. "But, not... not here." He points with his eyes at the ergos standing within listening distance. "Some... where private."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:28 am

Jon Henry is sprawled out in the shade, hands behind head, day dreaming of a farm he once worked....where there was cold lemonade after a hard days works, and very frequently, Miss Daisy would leave a hot, fresh baked pie cooling on the window sill. The aroma would drift along out into the fields as the work day closed....

Yup, those were the days, he reckons.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:48 am

MAS wrote:Jon Henry is sprawled out in the shade, hands behind head, day dreaming of a farm he once worked....where there was cold lemonade after a hard days works, and very frequently, Miss Daisy would leave a hot, fresh baked pie cooling on the window sill. The aroma would drift along out into the fields as the work day closed....

Very Happy 

From a branch above John Henry, a blue bird sings a melodious afternoon song. Then it shits on JH's head.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:17 am

Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:Jon Henry is sprawled out in the shade, hands behind head, day dreaming of a farm he once worked....where there was cold lemonade after a hard days works, and very frequently, Miss Daisy would leave a hot, fresh baked pie cooling on the window sill. The aroma would drift along out into the fields as the work day closed....

Very Happy 

From a branch above John Henry, a blue bird sings a melodious afternoon song. Then it shits on JH's head.

"Welll......sheet."
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:27 am

Robyo wrote:

"I... I... will talk," Lt. Dan whispers, grimacing in pain. The life is rapidly slipping from him. "But, not... not here." He points with his eyes at the ergos standing within listening distance. "Some... where private."

Virgil calls out to the others, "Oli, tell your Ergos to all go scout the perimeter for a 20 minutes. Big John, go with the Ergos and keep an eye on them. And Oli, Neraka..... somebody get this man some healing!"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:38 am

Neraka will hand him a goodberry. "now, tell your partner over there to play nice... or I'll eat his liver. Rebel livers are particularly tasty"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:45 pm

whit10 wrote:Neraka will hand him a goodberry.  "now, tell your partner over there to play nice... or I'll eat his liver.   Rebel livers are particularly tasty"

The man weakly gobbles up the goodberry. In a moment he gains a little color.
    "Heh, that's a good one," he says. "I doubt I got much liver left, after all them years of moonshine, but yer welcome to it!" He refuses to answer questions while the ergos are around.

Klandor and Vyrm are already out scouting the perimeter.

Bill is snoring under a tree. He is covered in birdshit.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Monk nods to Virgil. He stands and calls to the ergos..

"Candy, Ray, please come help me patrol and make sure we're safe now."

If the ergos will follow him, he will lead them well out of earshot, around the rocks and the bend of the river.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Arcturus2 wrote:Monk nods to Virgil. He stands and calls to the ergos..

If the ergos will follow him, he will lead them well out of earshot, around the rocks and the bend of the river.

The ergos are used to following Oli's orders. If the wizard says it's alright for others to command (the party), then it would be alright with the ergos too.

Oli is busy (I think) directing Bob and Jay to build a barge of some kind.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 6: Mountain of Doom - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Oli is beginning to understand the necessary risk of disabling the electrotech tethers.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:54 pm

"Boys, candy, you can go with mr. Unknown."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

Virgil calls out to the others, "Oli, tell your Ergos to all go scout the perimeter for a 20 minutes.  Big John, go with the Ergos and keep an eye on them.  And Oli, Neraka..... somebody get this man some healing!"

navyik wrote:"Boys, candy, you can go with mr. Unknown."

Once the golems are out of ear-shot, Lt. Dan continues. "Them mechs are products of the dark ones. It's a good bet they have surveillance gear onboard. It's called Scrycraft, I've heard it said.

"The dark ones visit in the night. Sometimes a liason or two will just appear out of the woods. Other times they travel on foot with a full crew, including more of those ergos. The Colonel says they dwell deep beneath the mountain. I've never been down there, but the Colonel has. He takes the path to the abandoned mineshaft. The natives say it's haunted, but I don't think so. There's something else, powerful and merciless, that guards the passage.

"The Colonel used to be a honorable man. I think the dark ones have corrupted him, when he was down in their lair. They have powers over the mind, you see. It's said that they feast on mortal's brains.

"The liaison was known only as Clyde. He showed each of the men a paper containing their families names and addresses, most of whom still live in Georgia. Then he said we would gain immense wealth if we worked for him. If we failed or betrayed, our families' lives were forfeit. Clyde said his minions could easily get to them."

Lt. Dan has a fit of a coughing spasm then. More blood seeps from his mouth and nose. "You wouldn't happen to have more of them delicious berries, would you?"

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

"sure"

"we need to convince oli to power those things down and ditch them."
    Chirs2
    Chirs2

Post  Chirs2 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:34 pm

"Or at least check for Scryware, Malware and spam"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 am

"Spam? I don't like SPAM!" Wink
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:39 am

Arcturus2 wrote:Monk nods to Virgil. He stands and calls to the ergos..

Monk and Big John mosey around the perimeter along with the ergos. They see Klandor and Vyrm over by a large boulder, inside the treeline. Vyrm is squeaking excitedly.

When he sees the patrol, Klandor approaches them. "Vyrm has sensed something queer behind the boulder," informs the gnome. "He says the smell is similar to when we were at the cabin-mimic."

Monk is reminded of the mysterious figure who disappeared after that encounter.

Need Perception check from Monk and JH.
    Arcturus2
    Arcturus2

Post  Arcturus2 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Monk’s perception: 1d20+16 (17+16)=33

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am