Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Preperations for Party

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    Here is the map we'll start with:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]" />

    It is the fairground on the edge of town. In 3 days hence, there is to be an 20th anniversary party for Pestilence.

    The fairgrounds consist of a gazebo and a pond. In the middle of the pond is a boulder that is now an island. On the island is a statue-fountain of three mermaids. Ten years ago, a water elemental was bound to the fountain. The pond is a result. Beside it, a willow tree grows.

    Close to the gazebo is parked Oli's carriage. He's been getting interested customers since he's arrived.

    Consider the open terrain is mostly arid with occasional rocks and cacti. The pond in the fairgrounds is the only oasis.

    *I forgot to include wires for the telegraph, but consider them also.


    What will your player characters be doing on the day of the event? What about leading up to it?


    Pestilence 20th Anniversary Schedule:
    9:00am - Sermon by Rev. Crandall
    10:30am - Parade
    12:00pm - BBQ
    3:00pm - Speakers TBA
    6:00pm - Live Music
    9:00pm - Fireworks
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 pm

    which direction(s) do the telegraph wires run from the central PO\Tele building?

    how tall are the buildings? all 1 story, any 2 stories, etc? (looking at the 1st pic at the right-most bldg in particular)

    are all the listed events going to happen around the fairgrounds in the SW area of the map?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm

    The first pic is just for fun and doesn't represent the encounter map  Surprised 

    The only two-story buildings are the General Store and Armory. The General Store shows the ground-floor plan. The second story is an apartment. The Armory is tall and open, like a barn, with a loft inside.

    Telegraph wires and a few poles run along the north side of the pond and out towards the NW corner.

    Celebration events will take place in the open areas near the gazebo and south of town.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 pm

    All the deputies have had some extra time off up until now, so they know they will be working more from now to the Celebration.  Just regular patrols, but with more visible presence.

    1 day before event - Jack Stone (with his trapfinding abilities) and maybe the mageblade if he can detect magic will do a thorough inspection of the fairgrounds, gazebo, pond and all the buildings on the map "for security" looking for bombs, traps, abandoned packages, anything unusual.

    1 day before event - high presence checks of guests to town, friendly, but highly visible and in the name of "event security"

    Event day - All 4 of us work all day.  

    Jack Stone is above the armory and Mageblade is on top of the General Store for Sermon and Parade.  After parade, mageblade will come down to ground level but rotate every 2 hours with Stone, so they get a break from sitting and get to mingle.  

    Monk and I will work the grounds, patrolling in circles so 1 of us is in the fairgrounds area and 1 of us in town (theoretically) at any given time.  Stone\Mageblade is the floater in the middle, while the other 2 make circles.  The other Stone\Mageblade should have a good view of the fairgrounds and the main street from the armory.  I assume the armory would have some kind of flares which we should all carry to signal the others if we need help.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:15 pm

    Robyo wrote:It will take staff to run registration of firearms. It could be done at the jail (not on map). Or it could be done at the armory.

    Chef is working catering and can't be obligated to security. Orbyn agrees to be on duty all day. There are two townies (Rough Riders) from the militia that also agree to be on duty.


    Right, but there is always 1-2 of us on duty.  Regular registration happens at the jail, like I said, it is just a clipboard with a list of names and # of guns.  All the permanent locals would already be registered long before the Celebration.

    For the event, 1 Rough Rider can handle registration at the armory, to be visible and available.  The other Rough Rider will replace Chef, since I wrote the first post before reading this one.

    Hopefully Chef will still come help if there is trouble, otherwise he is fired anyways.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 am

    Hey, I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I still cant see any pictures. Or maps. Nada.

    All I see is the ''Only admins are allowed...''

    Where'd tech support go?

     scratch 
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:31 am

    Neraka will be planning to entertain people or just be mellow when the food portion starts.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 am

    *Dan, I know that problem has come up in the past. Usually Matt or Chris have looked into it.


    Chef agrees to help if there's any serious incidents (gunshots, swordfight, etc). But his main job in town is catering and he's already got a lot on his plate during the celebration. He'll have his shotgun and meat-cleavers handy.

    What does Neraka do to entertain people? I still don't know where he stays in town or what his typical day looks like.

    Virgil seems to have a pretty good handle on town security, so all the players would be known in town after 3-4 days. It's a small town anyways.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 am

    Two nights before the celebration, there is a rumble and a slight tremor. Just as quickly, it subsides.
    The next day, it seems there was a small earthquake up in the mountains and it could be felt in town.

    Only fatalities were a couple homesteaders that lived near the epicenter.

    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 am

    I think Unknown Monk probably wandered into town a week or so ag, traveling on foot from the east..

    Probably landed in America on the eastern seaboard a couple years ago and sort of just followed the railroads west.

    He usually scavenges in the wild, and subsists on a meager lifestyle in towns. When and where locals are friendly and generally good, he tries to trade labor for room and board.

    He doesn't linger long anywhere he feels he serves no purpose, or where he feels the population isn't generally very nice (neutral-lawful).


    Seems likely he would have observed the preparations for the cooming festivities and decided to stay and watch for a bit. It's possible that he may feel a pull to remain in Pestilence for the time being. Perhaps through his daily meditation and prayer he believes he's been told by his goddess to hang around.

    He was surprised to encounter Orbyn though he did his best to conceal it. He found Xim's to be pleasant enough so he paid for two weeks room and board. Since arriving in town, he's just been listening carefully, observing what he can, and getting a feel for the area.

    It's surprising what people will say when they believe one is not listening, and he's learned a great deal about the town and inhabitants. (Think along the lines of what can be quickly skimmed from the other logical WW threads).

    Since he sees how busy the officials seem to be, he's just staying out of the way so far. He goes about his daily prayers and lets everyone alone.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:20 am

    One day, while sitting outside, listening to the town, a little negro boy approaches Monk. "What you doing? You wear funny clothes. Are you a clown?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:42 am

    Neraka usually just works training horses or whatever other animal is brought to him on a daily basis. As for where he stays, lol, anywhere that will allow him I guess.

    The entertainment thing is just when he's feeling bored and silly... it usually involves the conjured mouse and the various tricks it knows.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 pm

    Robyo wrote:*Dan, I know that problem has come up in the past. Usually Matt or Chris have looked into it.

    Virgil seems to have a pretty good handle on town security, so all the players would be known in town after 3-4 days. It's a small town anyways.

    Dan - first step is always to try stuff on your end. Use your browser to "clear cache" - usually in Tools > Options > clear internet history (in FireFox) or somewhere similar. Try log out\log in. Try reboot your computer if you haven't recently.

    I had this same issue last week, it lasted 3-4 days, then all of sudden everything appeared again.


    Virgil will ask any "interesting people" (not sod-busters) if they want to get paid $5 for the day of the Festival to act as "Volunteer Hosts". (think the people that yellow vests and help cops direct traffic at the fair and answer questions).

    If Virgil has had a chance to meet each of the characters in the preceding days, he would offer them the above job (assuming they pass the Detect Evil, of course). Since none of the party are gun-totters, registration isn't an issue.

    Virgil explains to the obviously non-humans of the group and Oli, "The real Marshall of Pestilence is a Drack from another planet. He went missing a while back and the townies elected me to replace him until he returns. Being a Drack, he was always tolerant and welcoming of other races. I do my best to continue his legacy. However, I have zero tolerance for Demons, Devils, Facedancers or the Walking Dead. You all are welcome here and I appreciate the extra sets of eyes."

    To Oli, "After the Festival, I want to talk to you again about some Goggles."

    To Neraka, "Think you can work with the Drack's dog, Tinder? He has been.... despondent since Marshall Sparks went missing. He just lays on the jail porch all day, watching the road."

    To Monk, "Orbyn is an assistant deputy of mine. If you are.... like him and want a side job, just let me know."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 pm

    Robyo wrote:One day, while sitting outside, listening to the town, a little negro boy approaches Monk. "What you doing? You wear funny clothes. Are you a clown?"

    Unknown Monk looks down at the boy and smiles.

    "No, young one. I am not a clown, though perhaps many may think so. In the land across the sea where I come from, many dress like this." He stands and glances around quickly, to see if tjere is any other audience. "Though I am not a clown, I can show you a trick to amuse you, if you wish."

    Acrobatics check: d20+19= 17+19= 36.

    Unknown monk quickly gets into a handstand, walks down the boardwalk 5 or 10 steps, turns and walks back. He fluidly leaps to his feet and does a comical theatrical bow to the boy. Smiling cheerfully,

    "Did you like that, my young friend?"
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:07 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Robyo wrote:*Dan, I know that problem has come up in the past. Usually Matt or Chris have looked into it.

    Virgil seems to have a pretty good handle on town security, so all the players would be known in town after 3-4 days. It's a small town anyways.

    Dan - first step is always to try stuff on your end.  Use your browser to "clear cache" - usually in Tools > Options > clear internet history (in FireFox) or somewhere similar.  Try log out\log in.  Try reboot your computer if you haven't recently.




    Virgil will ask any "interesting people"  (not sod-busters) if they want to get paid $5 for the day of the Festival to act as "Volunteer Hosts".  (think the people that yellow vests and help cops direct traffic at the fair and answer questions).  

    If Virgil has had a chance to meet each of the characters in the preceding days, he would offer them the above job (assuming they pass the Detect Evil, of course).  Since none of the party are gun-totters, registration isn't an issue.  

    To Monk, "Orbyn is an assistant deputy of mine.  If you are.... like him and want a side job, just let me know."

    Unknown Monk bows deeply to Virgil.

    "Master Orbyn is the first friend I have made here. We are much alike, I believe. Of course I will help you and your town in any way that I can, Master Marshall."

    Straightening from his bow, "I am of course at your service. You may call me Traveler."

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:16 pm

    Arcturus wrote:
    Robyo wrote:One day, while sitting outside, listening to the town, a little negro boy approaches Monk. "What you doing? You wear funny clothes. Are you a clown?"

    Unknown Monk looks down at the boy and smiles.

    "No, young one. I am not a clown, though perhaps many may think so. In the land across the sea where I come from, many dress like this." He stands and glances around quickly, to see if tjere is any other audience.  "Though I am not a clown, I can show you a trick to amuse you, if you wish."

    Acrobatics check: d20+19= 17+19= 36.

    Unknown monk quickly gets into a handstand, walks down the boardwalk 5 or 10 steps, turns and walks back. He fluidly leaps to his feet and does a comical theatrical bow to the boy. Smiling cheerfully,

    "Did you like that, my young friend?"

    "Yes, yes!" the small boy applauds, clapping and jumping. "You must come meet the mouse-man. He does tricks too!" The boy tries pulling Monk along with him, tugging at his pants. There is a man sitting across the street, holding a pet mouse. That is where the boy is pointing to. It is Neraka, a strange-looking native fellow.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:56 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Arcturus wrote:
    Robyo wrote:One day, while sitting outside, listening to the town, a little negro boy approaches Monk. "What you doing? You wear funny clothes. Are you a clown?"

    Unknown Monk looks down at the boy and smiles.

    "No, young one. I am not a clown, though perhaps many may think so. In the land across the sea where I come from, many dress like this." He stands and glances around quickly, to see if tjere is any other audience.  "Though I am not a clown, I can show you a trick to amuse you, if you wish."

    Acrobatics check: d20+19= 17+19= 36.

    Unknown monk quickly gets into a handstand, walks down the boardwalk 5 or 10 steps, turns and walks back. He fluidly leaps to his feet and does a comical theatrical bow to the boy. Smiling cheerfully,

    "Did you like that, my young friend?"

    "Yes, yes!" the small boy applauds, clapping and jumping. "You must come meet the mouse-man. He does tricks too!" The boy tries pulling Monk along with him, tugging at his pants. There is a man sitting across the street, holding a pet mouse. That is where the boy is pointing to. It is Neraka, a strange-looking native fellow.


    Obviously then, Unknown's interactions with a young townie and Virgil are happening at separate times..

    Unknown Monk will humor the young boy and allow himself to be led to meet the so-called 'mouse man'.

    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:44 pm

    Arcturus wrote:
    Obviously then, Unknown's interactions with a young townie and Virgil are happening at separate times..
    Unknown Monk will humor the young boy and allow himself to be led to meet the so-called 'mouse man'.

    sorry! I was stepping on the GM's toes  Embarassed 

    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:48 pm

    Chirs2 wrote:
    Arcturus wrote:
    Obviously then, Unknown's interactions with a young townie and Virgil are happening at separate times..
    Unknown Monk will humor the young boy and allow himself to be led to meet the so-called 'mouse man'.

    sorry!  I was stepping on the GM's toes  Embarassed 


    Meh I'm sure everything is good. Characters getting acquainted. He did ask what everyone was doing leading up to the party, after all.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:55 pm

    Yeah, it's totally fine. I'm glad you guys are trying to RP. The GM is just letting the heroes get acquainted and so on... I did say you guys would already be known to each other after a few days in town.

    So am I to understand Virgil wishes to use the PCs as volunteers at the celebration? That's alright if everyone agrees.

    We can continue to RP for a bit, or move on to the day of the event. I was kind of waiting to see if Epic Champions gets rolling. We probably don't want two different games flowing at once, especially with combat.

    Besides the minor tremors, there have been no other more major incidents. Jack Stone has detected no traps. He did comment about "some pesky ravens hanging around."
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

    All right, so I can't see any images in the WW thread, (including map) and somehow I managed to lock myself out of my alternate email for 24 hours so if the invite chris sent there shows up, I can't respond to create a backup acct here. FML. So basically, if we do anything that I need to see the map for, somebody will have to email it to me at my gmail address.

    That being said, Unknown Monk needs to visit Ramsey's General Store. Since he now has a roof over his head, he would like to buy a small steel mirror and a straight razor. He likes to keep a close shave.

    Are US paper dollars accepted here in Pestilence?
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:26 am

    Robyo wrote:
    We can continue to RP for a bit, or move on to the day of the event. I was kind of waiting to see if Epic Champions gets rolling.

    think you should get WW rolling, we are all ready and there hasn't been any movement in Epic all weekend.

    Robyo wrote:
    We can continue to RP for a bit, or move on to the day of the event. I was kind of waiting to see if Epic Champions gets rolling.

    Jack Stone has detected no traps. He did comment about "some pesky ravens hanging around."

    Virgil spits, "Ravens... a bad omen"

    Ok, let's RP this out a bit and I am trying to combine the 2 separate parts of the thread, just so they make more sense. Virgil talked to Traveler, then the boy talked to Traveler and is now leading us both to "mouse-man"

    ok?

    Arcturus wrote:
    Unknown Monk bows deeply to Virgil.

    "Master Orbyn is the first friend I have made here. We are much alike, I believe. Of course I will help you and your town in any way that I can, Master Marshall."

    Straightening from his bow, "I am of course at your service. You may call me Traveler."

    Robyo wrote:
    "Yes, yes!" the small boy applauds, clapping and jumping. "You must come meet the mouse-man. He does tricks too!" The boy tries pulling Monk along with him, tugging at his pants. There is a man sitting across the street, holding a pet mouse. That is where the boy is pointing to. It is Neraka, a strange-looking native fellow.

    Arcturus wrote:
    Unknown Monk will humor the young boy and allow himself to be led to meet the so-called 'mouse man'.


    To Neraka, "Think you can work with the Drack's dog, Tinder? He has been.... despondent since Marshall Sparks went missing. He just lays on the jail porch all day, watching the road."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:47 am

    "ah, sure lemme see the pooch. Was the last Marshalll a white man? they suck at keeping pets"
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:58 am

    whit10 wrote:"ah, sure lemme see the pooch.  Was the last Marshalll a white man?  they suck at keeping pets"

    Virgil replies, speaking very slowly and loudly, since the 1/2 ork is obviously either slow-witted or hard of hearing, "I... WILL.... BRING.... THE.... DRACK'S.... DOG.... TO.... YOU"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:06 am

    (oops, sorry dude, missed that bit)

    Yeah, I'll take a look at him... uh, not sure if there's a roll here or something.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:09 am

    whit10 wrote:(oops, sorry dude, missed that bit)

    Yeah, I'll take a look at him... uh, not sure if there's a roll here or something.

    It's all good, I figured it was just role-playing.

    Virgil will go and get Tinder for Neraka to work with.

    Ideally, I would like to use Tinder as a Paramour - along the lines of Alan's old idea (paying the townie cost of course) but having a dog that licks your face and plays fetch to restore the spirit.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:47 pm

    Just then, you hear a raised voice. "I told you, it's the laaast tiiime to pay up!" Thwack!

    You look across the street to the steps in front of the barbershop:
    [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

    It appears a man just got clubbed. His body is bent over, not moving. The assailant looks around, with one good eye. Then he darts around the corner of the building.

    Everyone present in this scene (I think it's everyone but Oli), roll a perception check.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:49 pm

    Neraka's Perception:

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    18,+9
    Total:27

    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:51 pm

    Traveler's perception: d20 +11
    18+11=29
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:11 am

    ROFL, loved that film

    "Oh brother....." Virgil mutters to himself, pulling his mask down over his face. "Go run and fetch Doc McCarty, boy!"


    Does Virgil recognize the one-eyed man?

    Perception
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    13,+14
    Total:27

    daily rolls

    Grit
    Roll(1d4)+1:
    2,+1
    Total:3

    variable vitality
    Roll(1d6)+0:
    2,+0
    Total:2

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 am

    You are a perceptive lot!

    Your characters witness the man run behind the building. He seems to sparkle for an instant. Virgil recalls that there isn't an accessible exit from the alleyway, due to construction of a new outhouse. The man is no longer seen, hidden in the shadowy alleyway.

    A top the hotel, a raven caws.
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:01 am

    In a deep gravely voice, "I said go fetch Doc McCarty!" Virgil gives the boy a shove to get him moving.

    To Neraka, "You look like you know animals. You know anything about those damn Ravens? They just started showing up in the last couple days and they seem like a bad omen."

    Virgil takes off running for the alley, drawing his Spencer as he crosses the street. Virgil will stop at the entrance to the alley and take additional actions at that point.


    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

    Nature:

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    13,+4
    Total:17
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:46 am

    Traveler will cross the street as well. He sees that Virgil has the alley well covered, so he stoops to check the condition of the fallen man, and offer assistance if he can.

    "Are you injured, friend? May I help?"

    What is the distance from the fallen man to the alleyway entrance (and Virgil's position)?

    How tall is the building, in feet?

    And what does he find when he checks the man?
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:39 pm

    Virgil shoves little 8-year-old Henry Micheal Campbell. The surprised boy promptly stands rigid and starts crying. "Waaa! Maaamaaa!"

    Virgil then runs up to the entrance of the alleyway, ready to take more actions. Just he arrives, a swarm of horseflies erupts out of the shadowy alley. Virgil is engulfed by the swarm. The creatures buzz and bite viciously as they fly past him, dealing 5 points of damage. In an instant they are airborne and buzzing away.

    The alleyway is shaded and seems deserted.

    Neraka knows that ravens are a common bird in Arizona territory.

    Monk stops to check on the injured man. He is unconscious and bleeding from a wound on the head.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:43 pm

    Robyo wrote:Virgil shoves little 8-year-old Henry Micheal Campbell. The surprised boy promptly stands rigid and starts crying. "Waaa! Maaamaaa!"

    Virgil then runs up to the entrance of the alleyway, ready to take more actions. Just he arrives, a swarm of horseflies erupts out of the shadowy alley. Virgil is engulfed by the swarm. The creatures buzz and bite viciously as they fly past him, dealing 5 points of damage. In an instant they are airborne and buzzing away.

    The alleyway is shaded and seems deserted.

    Neraka knows that ravens are a common bird in Arizona territory.

    Monk stops to check on the injured man. He is unconscious and bleeding from a wound on the head.

    Traveler has nothing to stop the bleeding, so if the unconscious man is stable, Traveler will try to comfort the boy. Offering his hand to Henry, he says

    "Come, friend. Let us go fetch the doctor together. Can you show me where he lives?"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 pm

    Henry shrugs his shoulders. He doesn't know.

    Can Monk try a heal check on the injured fellow?
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

    Robyo wrote:Henry shrugs his shoulders. He doesn't know.

    Can Monk try a heal check on the injured fellow?

    Sure. Traveler rips some fabric off the man's shirt and tries to stop the bleeding.

    Heal check: d20+1

    19+1= 20
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 pm

    Monk treats the man's injury on a successful DC 15 check. The man regains 1d4+1 per point of Monk's Wisdom bonus. The man is stablized, but still unconscious. Henry is going through his pockets.
    avatar
    Arcturus

    Posts : 130
    Join date : 2014-01-26
    Age : 35
    Location : Rockford, Illinois

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Arcturus on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:03 pm

    Robyo wrote:Monk treats the man's injury on a successful DC 15 check. The man regains 1d4+1 per point of Monk's Wisdom bonus. The man is stablized, but still unconscious. Henry is going through his pockets.

    Is that my roll? 1d4+1

    3+1=4
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  whit10 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 pm

    Neraka watches the small man try to heal the injured fellow with barely concealed amusement... to the injured fellow "hey. pal. eat one o' these, fix you right up."  (use of Good Berry) Neraka stands up and goes to investigate the flies and such.



    Roll(2d4)+0:
    2,3,+0
    Total:5

    5 Berries, -1 for the injured dude

    1 wound point back or 1d4 vitality per berry
    avatar
    Chirs2

    Posts : 663
    Join date : 2012-03-25

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Chirs2 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:24 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Virgil then runs up to the entrance of the alleyway, ready to take more actions. Just he arrives, a swarm of horseflies erupts out of the shadowy alley. Virgil is engulfed by the swarm. The creatures buzz and bite viciously as they fly past him, dealing 5 points of damage. In an instant they are airborne and buzzing away.

    Virgil swats at the air in a vain attempt to ward off the flies. He growls under his breath, "Stolgar ward me from such wickedness" (Swift action, Shield Spell -1 vitality)

    DR 4 = -1, 43\45

    Perception to see anyone hiding, Virgil has Low-light
    Roll(1d20)+14:
    15,+14
    Total:29

    Detect Evil in a 30ft cone
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Robyo on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:40 pm

    The thug is nowhere to be found. As the flies pass through Virgil's detection field, they radiate evil of the vilest nature.

    The beaten man has been taken care of. He thanks the heroes, saying he is the owner of the barbershop. The one-eyed man had been shaking him down recently. He's been doing it to many of the business owners. This is the first Virgil has heard of it and he had not seen the man previously.

    Let us continue on the thread, Pt. 4: A Town BBQ...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Preperations for Party

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 am